There is a fear of mine, that Kaname might die at the end. Let me tell you the reasons why I believe it can be so (indications from the manga):
1. Kaname at the second part expresses mostly his despair about his past and in chapter 59 he tells Rido "It would have been better if you had left me to sleep quietly inside that coffin". So he is like saying that he does not like the life he is having now, like he is not satisfied by that. That phrase scared me.
2. Now in chapter 61 he also said that he wanted to die, that he slept through the centuries waiting for death to come but...
3. Shizuka had also tell him that there will be darkness (remind me the correct word if that is not) in his life whatever his does...
4. Some chapters ago he asked from Yuuki to give an end to his life in case she decides to leave him.
5. Also in chapter 61 he says that he does not want to live twice the loss (probably of his love).
So there are multiple references to Kaname and to death. Now that really scares me. I start to believe that maybe Hino prepares the way for there. Do you share my ideas?