Vampire Knight & Manga Forum

In order to fully enjoy the board and it's function, you can always log in or sign up to an account. Thank you...

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

In order to fully enjoy the board and it's function, you can always log in or sign up to an account. Thank you...

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Α forum dedicated to Hino's Matsuri best-seller manga Vampire Knight and the manga we love

Gallery

Kaname is it possible for him to die at the end? - Page 7 Empty

Latest topics

» Do you trust Hino?
Kaname is it possible for him to die at the end? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2022 12:37 am by juliet

» Our Kaname is here!! Vampire Knight memories chapter 38
Kaname is it possible for him to die at the end? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2022 12:35 am by juliet

» Vampire knight Memories 38
Kaname is it possible for him to die at the end? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2022 4:18 am by juliet

» Where to Find Vampire Knight Memories Translation
Kaname is it possible for him to die at the end? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2022 1:29 am by juliet

» The Final Countdown
Kaname is it possible for him to die at the end? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2022 11:43 pm by juliet

» New VK Chapter is HERE!
Kaname is it possible for him to die at the end? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 11, 2017 7:42 am by lililovelilica

» Links for Other Vampire Knight Forums and Sites that you like and enjoy!!
Kaname is it possible for him to die at the end? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2016 7:25 pm by Saphira_K

» VK Memories CH 6!
Kaname is it possible for him to die at the end? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2016 6:13 pm by Saphira_K

» VK Memories
Kaname is it possible for him to die at the end? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2016 5:59 pm by Saphira_K

» New VK Chapter SPOILERS!
Kaname is it possible for him to die at the end? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2016 5:47 pm by Saphira_K

» New VK Bonus Ch!!
Kaname is it possible for him to die at the end? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2015 12:53 am by Saphira_K

» Translation of 'Fleeting Dreams'
Kaname is it possible for him to die at the end? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2015 2:20 am by Saphira_K

» Bunko Editions
Kaname is it possible for him to die at the end? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2015 2:18 am by Saphira_K

» New Vampire knight Extra
Kaname is it possible for him to die at the end? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2015 2:15 am by Saphira_K

» The Musical (Original and Revive)
Kaname is it possible for him to die at the end? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2015 2:40 am by Dreamiel

» NEW CHAPTER IN 2015?
Kaname is it possible for him to die at the end? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2015 12:16 am by Unknown00

» Newbie in the forum...
Kaname is it possible for him to die at the end? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2015 7:13 pm by aisan4494

» Who do you think Yuki loves more: Kaname or Zero?
Kaname is it possible for him to die at the end? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2015 7:09 pm by aisan4494

» Zeki or Yume?
Kaname is it possible for him to die at the end? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2015 7:04 pm by aisan4494

» So What will happen of Kaname?
Kaname is it possible for him to die at the end? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2015 6:25 pm by matei alina

We and the Youtube

Poll

would you like to read a sequel of vk?or is hino thinking of writing one?
Kaname is it possible for him to die at the end? - Page 7 Bar_left59%Kaname is it possible for him to die at the end? - Page 7 Bar_right 59% [ 24 ]
Kaname is it possible for him to die at the end? - Page 7 Bar_left27%Kaname is it possible for him to die at the end? - Page 7 Bar_right 27% [ 11 ]
Kaname is it possible for him to die at the end? - Page 7 Bar_left15%Kaname is it possible for him to die at the end? - Page 7 Bar_right 15% [ 6 ]

Total Votes : 41

Friends

Terry Candy

+35
Bloodredhead
Katherine
aiko
zeroyuuki666
caela
aya-chan
brianthebunny
Conrad Weller
soulkeeper_pol
bitex
audraliann
jayashree
karakuran
shizza24
Divine Rose
aerah08
Shoujo-Zo18
Pinacolada
Kara
RedSonja
mariangie
libra
roronoa-zoro
sweetsolace
Akaruisama
rumland
nina
Rose.Petals
faih
eternale
MGM
nuitetoile21
cleone
anna
juliet
39 posters

Kaname is it possible for him to die at the end?

juliet
    juliet
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Humor : Anytime...
    Warning ZoneKaname is it possible for him to die at the end? - Page 7 Dropsoa

Kaname is it possible for him to die at the end? - Page 7 Empty Kaname is it possible for him to die at the end?

Post by juliet Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:51 pm

First topic message reminder :

There is a fear of mine, that Kaname might die at the end. Let me tell you the reasons why I believe it can be so (indications from the manga):
    1. Kaname at the second part expresses mostly his despair about his past and in chapter 59 he tells Rido "It would have been better if you had left me to sleep quietly inside that coffin". So he is like saying that he does not like the life he is having now, like he is not satisfied by that. That phrase scared me.
    2. Now in chapter 61 he also said that he wanted to die, that he slept through the centuries waiting for death to come but...
    3. Shizuka had also tell him that there will be darkness (remind me the correct word if that is not) in his life whatever his does...
    4. Some chapters ago he asked from Yuuki to give an end to his life in case she decides to leave him.
    5. Also in chapter 61 he says that he does not want to live twice the loss (probably of his love).

So there are multiple references to Kaname and to death. Now that really scares me. I start to believe that maybe Hino prepares the way for there. Do you share my ideas?

sweetsolace
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Kaname is it possible for him to die at the end? - Page 7 Empty Re: Kaname is it possible for him to die at the end?

Post by sweetsolace Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:50 pm

Yuuki Kuran wrote:I'm really at a state of confusion with the idea of Kaname dying or not, to be perfectly honest. I've debated it over and over in my mind until I've given myself an actual headache. Kaname is it possible for him to die at the end? - Page 7 215456

Pretty much everything has been said just about, so my two cents may seem a bit repetitive.

Here's how I stand:

1. Kaname's deep love and attachment to Yuuki. He loves the girl more than anyone loves anything, it takes love to a whole new level.
    Obviously if she were in danger he'd sacrifice himself to save her without hesitation.

Be that as it may, his love for Yuuki could easily keep him alive just as much as it can kill him.
    It's clear he would never want Yuuki to be in any form of pain or suffering. It's obvious she loves Kaname a lot, so if he were to die that would obviously make her suffer badly. A chunk of her heart would be ripped out and she'd be in despair. Even if Zero was there to comfort her, that just wouldn't be enough to keep here out of pain. That could give him motivation to stay alive, so she never has to feel the pain of losing the one you love, he knows it well.

- There's the theory that the girl from Kaname's memories is Yuuki.
    If it is true he may be planning a reverse situation replay. Yuuki will be the one to stay alive and he will be the one to sacrifice himself this time.

But....that seem's foolish to me and Kaname is a highly intelligent man. When his love did that he sunk into despair and didn't even want to live because of that. He understands how horrible it feels to go through that. I don't see him doing it because he wouldn't want Yuuki to be pained if he loves her so much. I don't think he'd be foolish enough to think if other's were there to care for her that the chances of her not wanting to go on wouldn't be possible, they would. It could also make her lose all feelings for Zero if he made such a sacrifice for her. She may love only him from it and want to die with him.

There is a chance he could erase her memories so she doesn't remember to feel pain, but there is also the high chance that in time she would start to remember...again. Even with memories gone I wouldn't find it unlikely she'd feel as if something important was missing and feeling troubled by it.

There's also the factor that in a lot of story lines the past doesn't tend to be repeated. The whole "learn from the past" thing would make it better to find a more desirable solution that ends with neither of them having to be apart and neither of them having nothing but despair haunting them.

- Kaname has stated countless times that he would rather die than lose Yuuki. If Yuuki picks Zero, which I find unlikely, he may kill her and then himself or just himself.

I don't think there is any chance Yuuki would pick Zero over him, honestly. It's not because I'm a huge fan of Yuuki x Kaname, but because of all their history. Even if Zero has a part of her heart, she loved Kaname first and know's she belongs with him. It's what's natural. Especially because of all he did for her. She'd never turn her back on him for that.
    Hell, he lied and told her he killed Sara's fiance and she still plans on waiting for him to return to her. Her mind if set on him no matter what he does because she has faith in him.

There's also the point he has felt nothing but despair for so so long. It just wouldn't seem fitting for his character to die even if it was for a "greater good" type of cause. He deserves to find happiness and have a peaceful life without sorrow for once.
    An ending of him dying no matter how it was done wouldn't be satisfying for me.

No matter how much of a hero he dies as it would give off the message that no matter how much you suffer you will never have a happy future. A noble death may seem glorifying, but when you take his whole background into accounting it seems nothing more than a slap in the face for an ending. Unpleasant.

Even upon knowing this, there is still a small bit of fear that lives in my heart for him to have that horrid ending.
    I have faith Hino won't do that to her characters like some other mangaka's have done, though.
    There have been moments where I have felt something bad was going to happen, but in the end she's always came through and pleased me.
    I'm hoping that chain will continue with the matter of Kaname's life.

great thoughts on everything! cheers cheers I would have said the same thing as you. This is perfect summary from a logical point of view. Kaname is it possible for him to die at the end? - Page 7 437605 Kaname is it possible for him to die at the end? - Page 7 1694537797

A noble death may seem glorifying, but when you take his whole
    background into accounting it seems nothing more than a slap in the face
    for an ending. Unpleasant.
    Absolutely. It ruins everything, and I mean EVERYTHING. There are mangas where the death of a major figure ruined the plot and the appeal to the story never recovered, example would be Rurouni Kenshin's "ending". For the same reason fans do not want Zero to die because of all he suffered, the same thing applies to Kaname, and even more so... Its like killing a person who made the greatest contribution to the plot for stupid reasons. It doesn't seem justified to me, especially when Kaname seems like he is doing all this not for himself but for her. Enough said. cheers
    Yuuki Kuran
    Yuuki Kuran
    Level-E
    Level-E

Humor : Sarcastic, dark

Kaname is it possible for him to die at the end? - Page 7 Empty Re: Kaname is it possible for him to die at the end?

Post by Yuuki Kuran Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:55 am

Oh wow. Thank you everyone.
    I'm glad you enjoyed my post. I was afraid it sounded a bit scatterbrained. rofl

sweetsolace wrote:
    Absolutely. It ruins everything, and I mean EVERYTHING. There are mangas where the death of a major figure ruined the plot and the appeal to the story never recovered, example would be Rurouni Kenshin's "ending". For the same reason fans do not want Zero to die because of all he suffered, the same thing applies to Kaname, and even more so... Its like killing a person who made the greatest contribution to the plot for stupid reasons. It doesn't seem justified to me, especially when Kaname seems like he is doing all this not for himself but for her. Enough said. cheers

I see a difference between Kaname and Zero's relevance, though, to be honest.
    Kaname has done A LOT for the plot. Hell, Kaname is the plot. rofl
    It's always Kaname's plan in motion, Kaname who is going to revel the next big twist or secret, Kaname this, Kaname that.
    Zero had a lot of relevance up until the point Yuuki left. Now he's just there, really. After all that happened between Yume I find it illogical for Zero's relevance to just magically come back into play no matter how Hino could write it. The current plot is also all Kaname and Yuuki waiting for him to return still. I think if any of the three mains had the highest risk of dying from plot relevance it would be Zero.

I agree, it would be stupid.
    In writing the biggest done thing is not repeating past outcomes. If Kaname succeeded with sacrificing himself, it would be a repeat written slightly differently. That's highly distasteful. It would pretty much just be a badly written outcome to make Zeki possible, in reality. Do not want.
    lililovelilica
    lililovelilica
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Humor : Waiting for Kaname

Post by lililovelilica Wed Nov 16, 2011 3:20 am

Yuuki Kuran wrote:Oh wow. Thank you everyone.
    I'm glad you enjoyed my post. I was afraid it sounded a bit scatterbrained. rofl

sweetsolace wrote:

I see a difference between Kaname and Zero's relevance, though, to be honest.
    Kaname has done A LOT for the plot. Hell, Kaname is the plot. rofl
    It's always Kaname's plan in motion, Kaname who is going to revel the next big twist or secret, Kaname this, Kaname that.
    Zero had a lot of relevance up until the point Yuuki left. Now he's just there, really. After all that happened between Yume I find it illogical for Zero's relevance to just magically come back into play no matter how Hino could write it. The current plot is also all Kaname and Yuuki waiting for him to return still. I think if any of the three mains had the highest risk of dying from plot relevance it would be Zero.

I agree, it would be stupid.
    In writing the biggest done thing is not repeating past outcomes. If Kaname succeeded with sacrificing himself, it would be a repeat written slightly differently. That's highly distasteful. It would pretty much just be a badly written outcome to make Zeki possible, in reality. Do not want.
    Yuuki said that she would stop anyone who wishes to sacrifice themselves,so of corse she would stop kaname from killing himself...
    Also Kaname is the main character of the Manga,would you kill the principal chess king of the chess board?I think it's crazy
    not even I ,(i am a writer anyway...)would kill him in the end,the best is to make a love couple(yume couple)to make a good end. cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:36 am