Vampire Knight & Manga Forum

In order to fully enjoy the board and it's function, you can always log in or sign up to an account. Thank you...

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

In order to fully enjoy the board and it's function, you can always log in or sign up to an account. Thank you...

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Α forum dedicated to Hino's Matsuri best-seller manga Vampire Knight and the manga we love

Gallery

Kaname is it possible for him to die at the end? - Page 4 Empty

Latest topics

» Do you trust Hino?
Kaname is it possible for him to die at the end? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2022 12:37 am by juliet

» Our Kaname is here!! Vampire Knight memories chapter 38
Kaname is it possible for him to die at the end? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2022 12:35 am by juliet

» Vampire knight Memories 38
Kaname is it possible for him to die at the end? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2022 4:18 am by juliet

» Where to Find Vampire Knight Memories Translation
Kaname is it possible for him to die at the end? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2022 1:29 am by juliet

» The Final Countdown
Kaname is it possible for him to die at the end? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2022 11:43 pm by juliet

» New VK Chapter is HERE!
Kaname is it possible for him to die at the end? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 11, 2017 7:42 am by lililovelilica

» Links for Other Vampire Knight Forums and Sites that you like and enjoy!!
Kaname is it possible for him to die at the end? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2016 7:25 pm by Saphira_K

» VK Memories CH 6!
Kaname is it possible for him to die at the end? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2016 6:13 pm by Saphira_K

» VK Memories
Kaname is it possible for him to die at the end? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2016 5:59 pm by Saphira_K

» New VK Chapter SPOILERS!
Kaname is it possible for him to die at the end? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2016 5:47 pm by Saphira_K

» New VK Bonus Ch!!
Kaname is it possible for him to die at the end? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2015 12:53 am by Saphira_K

» Translation of 'Fleeting Dreams'
Kaname is it possible for him to die at the end? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2015 2:20 am by Saphira_K

» Bunko Editions
Kaname is it possible for him to die at the end? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2015 2:18 am by Saphira_K

» New Vampire knight Extra
Kaname is it possible for him to die at the end? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2015 2:15 am by Saphira_K

» The Musical (Original and Revive)
Kaname is it possible for him to die at the end? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2015 2:40 am by Dreamiel

» NEW CHAPTER IN 2015?
Kaname is it possible for him to die at the end? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2015 12:16 am by Unknown00

» Newbie in the forum...
Kaname is it possible for him to die at the end? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2015 7:13 pm by aisan4494

» Who do you think Yuki loves more: Kaname or Zero?
Kaname is it possible for him to die at the end? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2015 7:09 pm by aisan4494

» Zeki or Yume?
Kaname is it possible for him to die at the end? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2015 7:04 pm by aisan4494

» So What will happen of Kaname?
Kaname is it possible for him to die at the end? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2015 6:25 pm by matei alina

We and the Youtube

Poll

would you like to read a sequel of vk?or is hino thinking of writing one?
Kaname is it possible for him to die at the end? - Page 4 Bar_left59%Kaname is it possible for him to die at the end? - Page 4 Bar_right 59% [ 24 ]
Kaname is it possible for him to die at the end? - Page 4 Bar_left27%Kaname is it possible for him to die at the end? - Page 4 Bar_right 27% [ 11 ]
Kaname is it possible for him to die at the end? - Page 4 Bar_left15%Kaname is it possible for him to die at the end? - Page 4 Bar_right 15% [ 6 ]

Total Votes : 41

Friends

Terry Candy

+35
Bloodredhead
Katherine
aiko
zeroyuuki666
caela
aya-chan
brianthebunny
Conrad Weller
soulkeeper_pol
bitex
audraliann
jayashree
karakuran
shizza24
Divine Rose
aerah08
Shoujo-Zo18
Pinacolada
Kara
RedSonja
mariangie
libra
roronoa-zoro
sweetsolace
Akaruisama
rumland
nina
Rose.Petals
faih
eternale
MGM
nuitetoile21
cleone
anna
juliet
39 posters

Kaname is it possible for him to die at the end?

juliet
    juliet
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Humor : Anytime...
    Warning ZoneKaname is it possible for him to die at the end? - Page 4 Dropsoa

Kaname is it possible for him to die at the end? - Page 4 Empty Kaname is it possible for him to die at the end?

Post by juliet Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:51 pm

First topic message reminder :

There is a fear of mine, that Kaname might die at the end. Let me tell you the reasons why I believe it can be so (indications from the manga):
    1. Kaname at the second part expresses mostly his despair about his past and in chapter 59 he tells Rido "It would have been better if you had left me to sleep quietly inside that coffin". So he is like saying that he does not like the life he is having now, like he is not satisfied by that. That phrase scared me.
    2. Now in chapter 61 he also said that he wanted to die, that he slept through the centuries waiting for death to come but...
    3. Shizuka had also tell him that there will be darkness (remind me the correct word if that is not) in his life whatever his does...
    4. Some chapters ago he asked from Yuuki to give an end to his life in case she decides to leave him.
    5. Also in chapter 61 he says that he does not want to live twice the loss (probably of his love).

So there are multiple references to Kaname and to death. Now that really scares me. I start to believe that maybe Hino prepares the way for there. Do you share my ideas?

sweetsolace
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Kaname is it possible for him to die at the end? - Page 4 Empty Re: Kaname is it possible for him to die at the end?

Post by sweetsolace Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:29 pm

juliet wrote:
    Shake me here, I am turning pessimistic, but that's Hino's fault explaining nothing and letting us hunging from nothing!!

Kaname is it possible for him to die at the end? - Page 4 Cz48 Kaname is it possible for him to die at the end? - Page 4 Cz53 *shakes and slaps juliet* Kaname is it possible for him to die at the end? - Page 4 Cz38
    Kaname is it possible for him to die at the end? - Page 4 437605 ahaha... there, did that give you optimism? Kaname is it possible for him to die at the end? - Page 4 Cz06 haha... Kaname is it possible for him to die at the end? - Page 4 437605

you know that Hino deliberately makes things ambiguous and creates hints that have two implications that are just as possible?
    Kaname alive - his promise with yuki to come back, his promise to take her to the rose garden, the way he touched the resin rose, his unrevealed past
    Kaname dead - the implications of his plans as if its the point of no return = death as an ending, he cant return to being a leader after this, he had botched Yuki's trust and vampire society, as well as the hunters, his hopes to return to anything after this seems risky.

Zero alive - he gives off the feeling he will live, its the main theme that as long as yuki lives she will not allow him to die, and as long as she's alive Zero will live by logic that yuki's blood as kuran will also prolong his lvl e though not necessarily curing it. and if his persona was meant to be Kaien's repeat then he will live on to be like him as an enlightened one.
    Zero dead - his level e comes back to haunt, he's been showing vague obscure signs that he's hiding from others, his sacrificial tendency to give his life for yuki is more pronounced than kaname's tendency, and the Ice blue sins novel which went into detail about the struggle of a lvl e eventually ending in death
    juliet
    juliet
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Humor : Anytime...

Kaname is it possible for him to die at the end? - Page 4 Empty Re: Kaname is it possible for him to die at the end?

Post by juliet Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:44 pm

sweetsolace wrote:
    juliet wrote:
    Shake me here, I am turning pessimistic, but that's Hino's fault explaining nothing and letting us hunging from nothing!!

Kaname is it possible for him to die at the end? - Page 4 Cz48 Kaname is it possible for him to die at the end? - Page 4 Cz53 *shakes and slaps juliet* Kaname is it possible for him to die at the end? - Page 4 Cz38
    Kaname is it possible for him to die at the end? - Page 4 437605 ahaha... there, did that give you optimism? Kaname is it possible for him to die at the end? - Page 4 Cz06 haha... Kaname is it possible for him to die at the end? - Page 4 437605

you know that Hino deliberately makes things ambiguous and creates hints that have two implications that are just as possible?
    Kaname alive - his promise with yuki to come back, his promise to take her to the rose garden, the way he touched the resin rose, his unrevealed past
    Kaname dead - the implications of his plans as if its the point of no return = death as an ending, he cant return to being a leader after this, he had botched Yuki's trust and vampire society, as well as the hunters, his hopes to return to anything after this seems risky.

Zero alive - he gives off the feeling he will live, its the main theme that as long as yuki lives she will not allow him to die, and as long as she's alive Zero will live by logic that yuki's blood as kuran will also prolong his lvl e though not necessarily curing it. and if his persona was meant to be Kaien's repeat then he will live on to be like him as an enlightened one.
    Zero dead - his level e comes back to haunt, he's been showing vague obscure signs that he's hiding from others, his sacrificial tendency to give his life for yuki is more pronounced than kaname's tendency, and the Ice blue sins novel which went into detail about the struggle of a lvl e eventually ending in death

thank you that did the trick (LOL)...yes you are right about Hino's intention to make everything so much ambigious and us getting worried over the signs and the hints that we see. Of course one direction is possible so it's either the good one or the bad one ending. Right now, Hino can be playing with us and Kaname, the way she played with Zero at the first arc.
    Again a point to reflect upon is what a resolution that would make; to give an expected ending that would meet our fears? so she might be driving our thoughts there with the intention to twist everything around at the end and make us happy. Wishful thinking here... see I returned to my usual mode, LOL.
    sweetsolace
    sweetsolace
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Humor : look in the mirror, you'll love it~ ;)
    Warning ZoneKaname is it possible for him to die at the end? - Page 4 Drops5black

Post by sweetsolace Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:06 pm

juliet wrote:
    sweetsolace wrote:
    juliet wrote:

thank you that did the trick (LOL)...yes you are right about Hino's intention to make everything so much ambigious and us getting worried over the signs and the hints that we see. Of course one direction is possible so it's either the good one or the bad one ending. Right now, Hino can be playing with us and Kaname, the way she played with Zero at the first arc.
    Again a point to reflect upon is what a resolution that would make; to give an expected ending that would meet our fears? so she might be driving our thoughts there with the intention to twist everything around at the end and make us happy. Wishful thinking here... see I returned to my usual mode, LOL.

haha..so adorable Kaname is it possible for him to die at the end? - Page 4 Cz48 yes I've learned not to trust obvious pitfalls like this after reading umineko, remember in the first arc both kaname and zero appeared like they were yuki's true love.. but in the end decided on one and still left room for doubts.. now both kaname and zero are on the same boat, the author gradually builds up hints that gives both of them a chance to die, starting from the second arc.. now it depends which of them comes true or if none at all~
    i think the ending will be a safe one.. this i have the feeling.. i prefer to stick to the haruka,juri and kaien path this story is taking Kaname is it possible for him to die at the end? - Page 4 215456 Kaname is it possible for him to die at the end? - Page 4 215456
    rumland
    rumland
    Vampire Noble Class
    Vampire Noble Class

Post by rumland Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:34 pm

I hope this isn't a repeat of the first arch only with kaname instead of zero, in the first arch zero lost every thing and I do mean every thing, he lived for his revemge which was then taken away when kaname killed shizuka, then he regained his brother, which was then taken away, by rido's fatal wound (I am aware zero is the one who killed him, but he would have died ether way). Then his vows gets torren to peaces about not letting yuki become a vampire, well it was impossible since she was one from the start, so long story short.
    Zero's reason for liveing revenge, taken away!
    Zero's reason for liveing not letting her become a vampire, impossible from the start.
    Zero's reason for liveing protecting the women he loves, lost when she leaves for his sake. [Before you go overboard her at the end of the first arch it is sugested she leaves with kaname so zero will have a reason to go on liveing, I have no doubt she loves kaname but it is not the only reason she left with him.]
    So in the end zero lost every thing even the stuff he gained back. Now I am realy hopeing this dosen't repeat with kaname in this arch.
    Kanames reason for liveing protecting yuki.
    Kanames reason for liveing creating a world that will be safe for yuki to live in.
    Did I miss any? If so please add them.
    So for the first arch to repeat it's self there would need to be a war broke out, ones which main goal is the killing of all pb's and kaname would have to lose yuki in some way. At least that is my take on it.
    Shoujo-Zo18
    Shoujo-Zo18
    Vampire Noble Class
    Vampire Noble Class

Warning ZoneKaname is it possible for him to die at the end? - Page 4 Drops3

Post by Shoujo-Zo18 Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:01 am

Yo're right, Zero did lose everything! poor zero T-T well atleast he did not lose his will to hunt down the level E's. Smile And yea, the same thing just might happen to kaname... He did lose his leader position in the night class to Yuuki after all... xD ( I joke...there are more serious things he could lose, obviously lol )
    Maybe Zero and Yuki will have some alone time while kaname is gone and he will lose yuuki to zero! hehe... >3 I keep hoping this will happen xD
    And then maybe when he gets back, his plans will be revealed and everyone will turn against him, even his comrades.

OR... His plans will be sucessful and he will kill whoever getes in his way, possibly including zero and several other vampire hunters and noble vampires so that he doesn't get captured. And he will keep on living with his sins and yuuki.

Neither scenario is necessarily good... but it's just a thought!
    mariangie
    mariangie
    Pureblood Vampire
    Pureblood Vampire

Humor : Mad Doctor

Post by mariangie Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:49 am

sweetsolace wrote:

Hino likes to be very ambiguous as you said . By now she is making readers to suspect both Kaname and Zero could die .

Kaname as responsible of the recent disturbances inside the vampire society . He has an unknown plan of sorts that easily could end making him a scapegoat . And a huge suspect to die in the end as result of his recent actions .

Zero as he is falling to Level E or THE END . The end equals dying . As not known cure for descending to Level E . Except drinking / devouring from the pureblood vampire master that created a vampire from a human . In Zero's case , he didn't took any blood / flesh from his master Shizuka when alive not when she was dying . So he just appear to take blood from other purebloods that keep him temporary stabilized . But no garantee for permanent stability as Level D .

What only will be know until the end is near is if one or both of them will really die .

In the case of Kaname the main hope for me to see him survive at the end is actually his promise to take Yuuki to the ten year blossom rose field . The same field he took the rose he gave Yuuki preserved in resin . The only way to show her those roses is he lives . As they will blossom again in 9 years .

For Zero the main reason to see he won't die is he needs to resolve his conflict of not believing vampires and humans could coexist pacifically . If he die , he never see the resolution of this . Also the promise to keep him alive by Yuuki is a good motive for him surviving at the end .

But as I said before . I can't imagine a Zeki ending with Kaname alive . But I can expect a Yume ending with the three main characters alive .

sweetsolace
    sweetsolace
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Warning ZoneKaname is it possible for him to die at the end? - Page 4 Drops5black

Post by sweetsolace Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:54 am

mariangie wrote:
    In the case of Kaname the main hope for me to see him survive at the end is actually his promise to take Yuuki to the ten year blossom rose field . The same field he took the rose he gave Yuuki preserved in resin . The only way to show her those roses is he lives . As they will blossom again in 9 years .

For Zero the main reason to see he won't die is he needs to resolve his conflict of not believing vampires and humans could coexist pacifically . If he die , he never see the resolution of this . Also the promise to keep him alive by Yuuki is a good motive for him surviving at the end .

But as I said before . I can't imagine a Zeki ending with Kaname alive . But I can expect a Yume ending with the three main characters alive .

not to mention in chapter 72 Kaname touched the resin rose that symbolizes that promise... it seems like a hint for me Kaname is it possible for him to die at the end? - Page 4 3988847424 that he will return to Yuki and keep his promises.

I don't think its possible that Kaname will return to vampire society as a leader again though, as right now his actions clearly sugggest a wipeout of the leadership system by purebloods..

i reaaallly get this feeling that he will come and visit yuki by the next chapter, some drama will ensue (Yuki will demand answers from him and kaname will explain his true goals which she wont like) at some point kaname will look like he died... but ten years later he comes back to her with a rose from the garden... and together they visit it.. Kaname is it possible for him to die at the end? - Page 4 2554657431

well anyway it is possible for zero to die or live after realizing that he accepts vampires, but somehow i dont see him becoming a leader as he seems like the follower type.. if he survives, how, i like to stick to my maria-will-save him theory though lol, it doesnt seem right for zero to remain bachelor after everything, he needs someone to love him eventhough it doesnt have to be that zero should love her too ~ ah but i would definitely want for zero to undergo change by the end .. too much dark aura
    Divine Rose
    Divine Rose
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Humor : Mwa hahahahahahaha...

Post by Divine Rose Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:07 am

Actually, I don't see any of them dying: the main 3 anyways. Authors, of good work that I've seen or read, usually when they make it where it looks like a character will die, and you can see it coming a mile away, the character doesn't die. Like in one anime, they made it look like the show could never end unless this character died, but because of a twist, he is alive at the end. Usually the deaths are sudden and unsuspected. You're like sSc_jawdrop3 that did NOT just happen! COME BACK!!!!!!!!! I never saw you dying!

To me that is one of the things that makes a death impactful: It being sudden and unsuspected. Besides how they die, or who dies. And that's one reason why a character that dies becomes memorable. Other factors too of course. I'm just saying that is one of them.

Probably Hino is trying to take attention away from hints that will happen, and leave all of saying: Why didn't I notice that? lol! Also to get us all worried and make things more dramatic. At least I hope so, but I'm pretty sure that is it. Authors do tend to like to play with readers' minds. lol!
    sweetsolace
    sweetsolace
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Post by sweetsolace Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:37 pm

Divine Rose wrote:Actually, I don't see any of them dying: the main 3 anyways. Authors, of good work that I've seen or read, usually when they make it where it looks like a character will die, and you can see it coming a mile away, the character doesn't die. Like in one anime, they made it look like the show could never end unless this character died, but because of a twist, he is alive at the end. Usually the deaths are sudden and unsuspected. You're like Kaname is it possible for him to die at the end? - Page 4 588477 that did NOT just happen! COME BACK!!!!!!!!! I never saw you dying!

To me that is one of the things that makes a death impactful: It being sudden and unsuspected. Besides how they die, or who dies. And that's one reason why a character that dies becomes memorable. Other factors too of course. I'm just saying that is one of them.

Probably Hino is trying to take attention away from hints that will happen, and leave all of saying: Why didn't I notice that? lol! Also to get us all worried and make things more dramatic. At least I hope so, but I'm pretty sure that is it. Authors do tend to like to play with readers' minds. lol!

TOO TRUE! I love how you said that.

A good story knows how to make a good twist by building false expectations or false hopes. all this is probably leading to something unexpected that nobody knew would happen. there's always a possibility Kaname will live, as there's nothing solid enough to indicate his path will end in death.

dont count your chicks before they hatch. Kaname is it possible for him to die at the end? - Page 4 2660116546
    nina
    nina
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Humor : Black sarcasm

Post by nina Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:49 pm

sweetsolace wrote:
    Divine Rose wrote:Actually, I don't see any of them dying: the main 3 anyways. Authors, of good work that I've seen or read, usually when they make it where it looks like a character will die, and you can see it coming a mile away, the character doesn't die. Like in one anime, they made it look like the show could never end unless this character died, but because of a twist, he is alive at the end. Usually the deaths are sudden and unsuspected. You're like Kaname is it possible for him to die at the end? - Page 4 588477 that did NOT just happen! COME BACK!!!!!!!!! I never saw you dying!

A good story knows how to make a good twist by building false expectations or false hopes. all this is probably leading to something unexpected that nobody knew would happen. there's always a possibility Kaname will live, as there's nothing solid enough to indicate his path will end in death.

dont count your chicks before they hatch. Kaname is it possible for him to die at the end? - Page 4 2660116546

Well said! Totally agree with both of you! cheers
    Divine Rose
    Divine Rose
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Post by Divine Rose Fri Sep 09, 2011 7:58 pm

nina wrote:
    sweetsolace wrote:

Well said! Totally agree with both of you! cheers

Thanks sweetsolace! Very Happy

You are right. Good authors do that a lot. That's what makes the story so good. Yes, always a possibility. And really, always a possibility for any character to die. No character is safe except for maybe Yuuki. And that shall only be until at the end that she is safe. Razz

Indeed. Definitely don't count your chicks before they hatch. Something I have most definitely learned. Very Happy

And thanks Nina. cheers
    shizza24
    shizza24
    Vampire Noble Class
    Vampire Noble Class

Post by shizza24 Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:25 am

I really hope none of the characters die in the end but the fact that Vampire Knight is listed as a tragedy kinda worries me...

There is a lot of potential for either or all of the 3 characters to die in the end... I mean as it was mentioned earlier here that how it is hinted that Kaname never really wanted to live and how he secretly has a death wish and so it is possible that his plans to make the world a better place for Yuuki end up in his getting killed or sacrificed or something. I hope it doesn't happen but it still is a possibility..

As for Zero well his death sentence was pretty much written off in the first arc when Shizuka bit him and it is portrayed through out the manga that there isn't much hope for him even after he got all that blood from pureblood vampires and even Shizuka's blood through Ichiru and Ichiru's entire being as well.. So he might not make it in the end but I really really hope he does.. I mean after all that he has been through and all the fight he is putting up just to survive, Zero deserves a chance at life.. It would just be wrong to kill him off as a sacrifice for the greater good or protecting Yuuki or whatever... I personally think that an ending where Zero dies and Kaname and Yuuki are together will be very unfair to Zero...

Yuuki... well she can die too but I don't think she will die alone if she ever does that is.. She'll take one of the guys with her and the final couple would die a tragic death... *please don't let this happen either Kaname is it possible for him to die at the end? - Page 4 2747345646 *
    sweetsolace
    sweetsolace
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Post by sweetsolace Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:41 am

shizza24 wrote:I really hope none of the characters die in the end but the fact that Vampire Knight is listed as a tragedy kinda worries me...

There is a lot of potential for either or all of the 3 characters to die in the end... I mean as it was mentioned earlier here that how it is hinted that Kaname never really wanted to live and how he secretly has a death wish and so it is possible that his plans to make the world a better place for Yuuki end up in his getting killed or sacrificed or something. I hope it doesn't happen but it still is a possibility..

there you go. It is hinted, and it is a secret. but it is not solid enough to be certain he will. Its a possibility, and possibilities always EXIST.

As for Zero well his death sentence was pretty much written off in the first arc when Shizuka bit him and it is portrayed through out the manga that there isn't much hope for him even after he got all that blood from pureblood vampires and even Shizuka's blood through Ichiru and Ichiru's entire being as well.. So he might not make it in the end but I really really hope he does.. I mean after all that he has been through and all the fight he is putting up just to survive, Zero deserves a chance at life.. It would just be wrong to kill him off as a sacrifice for the greater good or protecting Yuuki or whatever... I personally think that an ending where Zero dies and Kaname and Yuuki are together will be very unfair to Zero...

Zero's death is actually a possibility too, and the fact that his level E was not written off as cured makes it more probable. There's nothing to say "he doesnt want to die" in fact he welcomes it, he also has a tendency to sacrifice himself. If he's not going to redeem himself thru acceptance then his only option is to die. The only reason he lives is to accept himself, the manga revolves around this like a fruit fly, so if he doesn;t... its clear what else he has left there.

in the end character's death is not about the manga, but about how the reader views it. Razz seeing kaname or zero die or not die is influenced by how you view the manga however in reality may or may not represent death.

Yuuki... well she can die too but I don't think she will die alone if she ever does that is.. She'll take one of the guys with her and the final couple would die a tragic death... *please don't let this happen either Kaname is it possible for him to die at the end? - Page 4 2747345646 *

she can die alone, its a possibility. its simplistic thinking to say tragedy genre means the requirement is someone has to die at the ending, maybe someone will die in the middle, or the fact zero's life is already tragedy could mean that.

either way still have a long way to go and many months of waiting if anyone important dies, it will be reserved till the end. and if the rumor is true that VK is 100 chapters, and its chapter 70+ now, maybe you'll need to wait 2-3 years to confirm your suspicion about who will die. rofl rofl i suggest you can keep a... list to count of who will die within that 2-3 years wait. you might forget or change your mind Razz
    Divine Rose
    Divine Rose
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Post by Divine Rose Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:05 am

sweetsolace wrote:
    shizza24 wrote:I really hope none of the characters die in the end but the fact that Vampire Knight is listed as a tragedy kinda worries me...

there you go. It is hinted, and it is a secret. but it is not solid enough to be certain he will. Its a possibility, and possibilities always EXIST.

Zero's death is actually a possibility too, and the fact that his level E was not written off as cured makes it more probable. There's nothing to say "he doesnt want to die" in fact he welcomes it, he also has a tendency to sacrifice himself. If he's not going to redeem himself thru acceptance then his only option is to die. The only reason he lives is to accept himself, the manga revolves around this like a fruit fly, so if he doesn;t... its clear what else he has left there.

in the end character's death is not about the manga, but about how the reader views it. Razz seeing kaname or zero die or not die is influenced by how you view the manga however in reality may or may not represent death.

she can die alone, its a possibility. its simplistic thinking to say tragedy genre means the requirement is someone has to die at the ending, maybe someone will die in the middle, or the fact zero's life is already tragedy could mean that.

either way still have a long way to go and many months of waiting if anyone important dies, it will be reserved till the end. and if the rumor is true that VK is 100 chapters, and its chapter 70+ now, maybe you'll need to wait 2-3 years to confirm your suspicion about who will die. rofl rofl i suggest you can keep a... list to count of who will die within that 2-3 years wait. you might forget or change your mind Razz

Brilliantly said! sFun_cheerleader2 sFun_cheerleader2 sFun_cheerleader2

Yes, a tragedy doesn't necessarily means someone dies at the end. Really VK is tragic. They all have tragic lives and tragic things have happen. Besides people have died tragically in it already. Not one of the main ones, but still. But really, VK has a dark and gloomy atmosphere full of suffering in one way or another. And hopefully at the end of it all, it is finally bright and cheerful.Kaname is it possible for him to die at the end? - Page 4 2554657431

Well, at least as bright as the full moon can be. rofl rofl
    sweetsolace
    sweetsolace
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Post by sweetsolace Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:41 am

Divine Rose wrote:
    But really, VK has a dark and gloomy atmosphere full of suffering in one way or another. And hopefully at the end of it all, it is finally bright and cheerful.Kaname is it possible for him to die at the end? - Page 4 2554657431

since 2nd arc started the atmospheres always been dark and stale. 1st arc was full of angsting and melodrama. maybe since everything is dark and just depressing it will mean all characters will be killed off in the end. that should solve the dilemma of who's going to die rofl
    Divine Rose
    Divine Rose
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Post by Divine Rose Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:52 am

sweetsolace wrote:
    Divine Rose wrote:
    But really, VK has a dark and gloomy atmosphere full of suffering in one way or another. And hopefully at the end of it all, it is finally bright and cheerful.Kaname is it possible for him to die at the end? - Page 4 2554657431

since 2nd arc started the atmospheres always been dark and stale. 1st arc was full of angsting and melodrama. maybe since everything is dark and just depressing it will mean all characters will be killed off in the end. that should solve the dilemma of who's going to die rofl

Oh yeah! Every single character dies! That definitely will solve the dilemma! However depressing that may be! rofl rofl

Oh! Who am I kidding? I'll probably be laughing at it. Not because it's funny. It would be the only way to keep my sanity! Cause with things like that, I usually do. Or maybe that's proof I lost it.rofl rofl
    sweetsolace
    sweetsolace
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Post by sweetsolace Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:43 am

Divine Rose wrote:
    Oh! Who am I kidding? I'll probably be laughing at it. Not because it's funny. It would be the only way to keep my sanity! Cause with things like that, I usually do. Or maybe that's proof I lost it.Kaname is it possible for him to die at the end? - Page 4 215456 Kaname is it possible for him to die at the end? - Page 4 215456

Kaname is it possible for him to die at the end? - Page 4 2412465706

scary... Kaname is it possible for him to die at the end? - Page 4 215456
    Divine Rose
    Divine Rose
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Post by Divine Rose Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:57 am

sweetsolace wrote:
    Divine Rose wrote:
    Oh! Who am I kidding? I'll probably be laughing at it. Not because it's funny. It would be the only way to keep my sanity! Cause with things like that, I usually do. Or maybe that's proof I lost it.Kaname is it possible for him to die at the end? - Page 4 215456 Kaname is it possible for him to die at the end? - Page 4 215456

Kaname is it possible for him to die at the end? - Page 4 2412465706

scary... Kaname is it possible for him to die at the end? - Page 4 215456

Indeed. Kaname is it possible for him to die at the end? - Page 4 2412465706 Kaname is it possible for him to die at the end? - Page 4 2412465706

Sometime I worry about myself. rofl rofl Thankfully they are short lived moments. Razz
    nina
    nina
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Humor : Black sarcasm

Post by nina Sat Sep 10, 2011 2:36 pm

shizza24 wrote: I mean after all that he has been through and all the fight he is putting up just to survive, Zero deserves a chance at life.. It would just be wrong to kill him off as a sacrifice for the greater good or protecting Yuuki or whatever... I personally think that an ending where Zero dies and Kaname and Yuuki are together will be very unfair to Zero...

And the same goes for Kaname too, or not? In fact he has been through much more than Zero who only “fought” for his life! He saved the human race, he fought for a greater cause, he constantly protects Yuuki from day ONE and currently he has sacrificed his personal happiness for something apparently bigger cuz if he was the self-centered, possessive, evil “b******” that some fans think then he would have stayed home and play lovey-dovey with his love as Yuuki suggested … Why bother???

Or it would be fair for Kaname to sacrifice his life for a better world OR for ZEKI as a few fans suggested huh? Haha … GREAT sense of justice and fairness there … one-sided, biased, flexible and convenient for the Zeki ship Razz

sweetsolace wrote: Zero's death is actually a possibility too, and the fact that his level E was not written off as cured makes it more probable. There's nothing to say "he doesnt want to die" in fact he welcomes it, he also has a tendency to sacrifice himself.

Totally agree … there are even some fans that supported that Kaname didn’t save him with his blood cuz Zero really didn’t want to live so his life had no value for him!
    On the other hand Kaname has his motive for go on living, and that’s his love for Yuuki and his determination to make a better and safer world for her AND the human kind. What’s Zero’s goal/purpose in life? Negativism and hate? Yes … I agree he should be rewarded Razz Or he should have Yuuki or else he wouldn’t have any reason to live! That’s pity not love … just a lame excuse! A reasoning that downgrades Zero …

If he's not going to redeem himself thru acceptance then his only option is to die. The only reason he lives is to accept himself, the manga revolves around this like a fruit fly, so if he doesn;t... its clear what else he has left there.

Precisely! This is one of the messages Hino trying to pass over. Acceptance is the key word and not only for Zero … Kaname had to accept his nature at the beginning … we also saw Yuuki to struggle to accept her true nature as well … So Zero has to accept also that he isn’t a human any more but a vampire and believe in co-existence or else, what’s the point of his existence?

sweetsolace wrote: its simplistic thinking to say tragedy genre means the requirement is someone has to die at the ending, maybe someone will die in the middle

So true! It’s not only simplistic logic but inaccurate as well. And I wonder all of them who expressing such logic haven’t read manga with tragedy genre where the protagonists didn’t die in the end??? Cuz I certainly have … the first title that comes to my mind is “Mars”. A pure tragedy … a very heavy psychological drama. I was so sure that even in the last page a tragedy will occur but nah.
    “Boku no Hatsukoi wo kiml ni Sasagu” is another one example whereas the protagonist had not a chance to live! (enough with the spoilers Razz)
    In fact the majority of the SHOUJO that I have read are tragedies and only a few had tragic or even bitter-sweet end.

Divine Rose wrote: Yes, a tragedy doesn't necessarily means someone dies at the end. Really VK is tragic. They all have tragic lives and tragic things have happen. Besides people have died tragically in it already. Not one of the main ones, but still. But really, VK has a dark and gloomy atmosphere full of suffering in one way or another.

Exactly! All of them had a tragic life so far and many deaths have happened that brought much pain and not only to the protagonists. Therefore VK has already justified the genre as tragedy… doesn’t need a tragic death in the end to support its title!

And for the ones who wishing or dreaming a Zeki ending through Kaname’s death and moreover from Yuuki’s hands they can kiss goodbye their ship …
    Not to mention that this would overshadowing everything. So if they can’t see a Zeki ending with Kaname alive then something wrong is going on with their ship cuz I can see perfectly a Yume ending with the three main characters alive and happy!

And this is supported from Hino’s words … The KEY for the co-existence (which is the main idea in VK) are the three of them … Yuuki, Kaname and Zero, in this order actually!
    So how accurate, fair or innocent are the opinions that Zero and Yuuki can only actualize co-existence thus and should be the end game (while Zero has done nothing in that direction thus far) and Kaname is the antagonist who is fighting against it??? I just wonder … Maybe they know better from the author …

In the real VK the ONLY one of the three charas is Kaname who have done the major difference for co-existence throughout the story until now. So how so he doesn’t deserve happiness??? Even Kaien’s dream for a mixed academy never would have happened IF KANAME didn’t support the idea …

And hopefully at the end of it all, it is finally bright and cheerful.
    Well, at least as bright as the full moon can be.

I so agree with that lol! sLo_BigBearHug
    And remember the pic with Kaname the blue bird and the eggs! It’s a pic full of hope and happiness … I think it’s a message from the author that something good will come through from all this darkness in the end …

Personally I want a happy end for the three of them! Kaname is it possible for him to die at the end? - Page 4 812189494
    karakuran
    Human

Post by karakuran Sat Sep 10, 2011 6:55 pm

i love kaname i hope he does not die in the end
    Divine Rose
    Divine Rose
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Post by Divine Rose Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:55 pm

And the same goes for Kaname too, or not? In fact he has been through much more than Zero who only “fought” for his life! He saved the human race, he fought for a greater cause, he constantly protects Yuuki from day ONE and currently he has sacrificed his personal happiness for something apparently bigger cuz if he was the self-centered, possessive, evil “b******” that some fans think then he would have stayed home and play lovey-dovey with his love as Yuuki suggested … Why bother???

Or it would be fair for Kaname to sacrifice his life for a better world OR for ZEKI as a few fans suggested huh? Haha … GREAT sense of justice and fairness there … one-sided, biased, flexible and convenient for the Zeki ship

You are so right there, Nina. If we go by worth and what they have done or trying to do, Kaname definitely has a more right to live. Indeed biased and one sided. I agree with you completely, great logic. Very convenient for Zeki indeed. Razz

Zero's death is actually a possibility too, and the fact that his level E was not written off as cured makes it more probable. There's nothing to say "he doesnt want to die" in fact he welcomes it, he also has a tendency to sacrifice himself.

Totally agree … there are even some fans that supported that Kaname didn’t save him with his blood cuz Zero really didn’t want to live so his life had no value for him!
    On the other hand Kaname has his motive for go on living, and that’s his love for Yuuki and his determination to make a better and safer world for her AND the human kind. What’s Zero’s goal/purpose in life? Negativism and hate? Yes … I agree he should be rewarded Or he should have Yuuki or else he wouldn’t have any reason to live! That’s pity not love … just a lame excuse! A reasoning that downgrades Zero …

Another amazing logic. From both of you Nina and Sweet. wub

Really, being awarded for negativism and hate is crazy sounding. rofl And really is unfair. And indeed that is pity not love. Being with someone because of pity is not good, and the relationship with crumble. It's a horrible reason to be with someone and like you said does in fact downgrades Zero...

If he's not going to redeem himself thru acceptance then his only option is to die. The only reason he lives is to accept himself, the manga revolves around this like a fruit fly, so if he doesn;t... its clear what else he has left there.

Precisely! This is one of the messages Hino trying to pass over. Acceptance is the key word and not only for Zero … Kaname had to accept his nature at the beginning … we also saw Yuuki to struggle to accept her true nature as well … So Zero has to accept also that he isn’t a human any more but a vampire and believe in co-existence or else, what’s the point of his existence?

Yes, indeed a constant theme. Great posts Sweet & Nina. Zero is just having a way harder time with it. Yes, Zero does have and yeah, no point for his existence if he doesn't.

Exactly! All of them had a tragic life so far and many deaths have happened that brought much pain and not only to the protagonists. Therefore VK has already justified the genre as tragedy… doesn’t need a tragic death in the end to support its title!

That's for sure, Nina. It definitely doesn't need a tragic death at all.

And for the ones who wishing or dreaming a Zeki ending through Kaname’s death and moreover from Yuuki’s hands they can kiss goodbye their ship …
    Not to mention that this would overshadowing everything. So if they can’t see a Zeki ending with Kaname alive then something wrong is going on with their ship cuz I can see perfectly a Yume ending with the three main characters alive and happy!

That's for sure! It definitely would overshadow everything. Great logic! And that is one reason why I truly believe that it will have a Yume ending. It's hard to imagine all 3 alive and happy at the end with a Zeki ending. I can easily see the Yume ending with all happy and alive.

And this is supported from Hino’s words … The KEY for the co-existence (which is the main idea in VK) are the three of them … Yuuki, Kaname and Zero, in this order actually!
    So how accurate, fair or innocent are the opinions that Zero and Yuuki can only actualize co-existence thus and should be the end game (while Zero has done nothing in that direction thus far) and Kaname is the antagonist who is fighting against it??? I just wonder … Maybe they know better from the author …

Indeed. Wonderful logic. All 3 are needed, so all 3 should be alive at the end so saying just Zero and Yuuki can and thus be together is absurd. Indeed with working for co-existence, Zero is more of the antagonist than Kaname by a long shot. Zero's wanting to kill the vampires and hating them so, is not supporting co-existence at all.

Yeah, maybe they do know better. Haha rofl

In the real VK the ONLY one of the three charas is Kaname who have done the major difference for co-existence throughout the story until now. So how so he doesn’t deserve happiness??? Even Kaien’s dream for a mixed academy never would have happened IF KANAME didn’t support the idea …

You are so right there. Kaname is the only one who has done anything out of the 3. Zero has been against it. He definitely deserves happiness. Yeah, only because of Kaname did Kaien's dream come true. The vampires openly said that they were only there because of Kaname. They never would have gone or agreed if it wasn't for him.

And my theory about Kaname knocking off the heads of families, is that they are doing something secretly bad, that would destroy the co-existence. And besides, look who is taking the place of the heads. Hanabusa Aidou is the head of his family now right? And he has gone to the academy, so he most likely thinks differently from his father and that would help the co-existence. Kaname is one to work for the greater good, even if very dangerous.

I so agree with that lol!

Haha! sLo_BigBearHug

And remember the pic with Kaname the blue bird and the eggs! It’s a pic full of hope and happiness … I think it’s a message from the author that something good will come through from all this darkness in the end …

I believe so too. She does draw tragic looking pictures, but also ones filled with hope and happiness. I believe that she is telling us that. It is a long road to get there, but it's coming...

Personally I want a happy end for the three of them!

Me too! Makes everything they've gone through worth it. Ah, how satisfying. Kaname is it possible for him to die at the end? - Page 4 812189494

EDIT: Sorry. Having trouble figuring out the quote system. Razz That's why no names are on them.
    jayashree
    jayashree
    Level-E
    Level-E

Warning ZoneKaname is it possible for him to die at the end? - Page 4 Drops1black

Post by jayashree Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:50 am

i think Hino is messing with our head i have read all the comment and i have to say what she wants is working. this shows that no one knows what is going to happen.like she wants us to think kaname or zero might die or even might yuki die so what i am trying to say is i hope hino does what she thought vampire kninght was going to end like when she first came up with the story. a writer should know hoe his or her story is going to end so therefore the writer is the only one who can makes the decisions.i am a fan of vampire knight and hino writting inspire me

if she is thinking to follow what the fan think i will say as much as i want
    Kaname and yuki to up together she should follow her story the way it was
    meant to be or what she think is best for each character not like for example
    .kaname going to slumber or dying that is just an easy way out or kaname
    killing zero and yuki killing kaname what the hell.
    i know it's fact that kaname will not kill zero he said the only reason
    he he will the kill zero is because of yuki. so we should all wait and see
    what Hino have in mind for us.
    audraliann
    audraliann
    Level-E
    Level-E

Post by audraliann Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:41 pm

No
    bitex
    bitex
    Human

Humor : I like anything funny

Kaname is it possible for him to die at the end? - Page 4 Empty Kaname's Sacrifice?

Post by bitex Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:32 pm

Is Kaname going to Sacrifice himself in order to make Yuuki a Human again? Like when Juuri Did for Yuuki ? Back in The Past? I mean in CH75 it was cleared that that was his intuition .. But does he still wish to? is that how it'll end after he takes care of the pureblood situation he would
    sacrifice himself to make yuuki a human being and then dies?
    Akaruisama
    Akaruisama
    Pureblood Vampire
    Pureblood Vampire

Post by Akaruisama Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:16 pm

I also think about that. I doubt he has quited this plan. Maybe he is trying to eliminate all of purebloods and then sacrifice himself to change Yuuki into human again? I hope it won't happen.
    It would be nice to see a scene Yuuki protecting Kaname and saying him that she never let him to go away! It's a time she should do something for him right now.
    Do you remeber tis scene when Kaname said to Yuuki to kill him when she would decide to leave his side? Maybe Kaname is going to give her a choice: living us a human or killing him with her own hands? It's very sad, but somehow I think Kaname is to deep into despair to live furthermore. So I consider all sad endings for this story. Even when she was with her and seemed to be happy, she siad to Rido that it would be better to stay calmly in that coffin.
    There is also a possibilty that Kaname thinks taht he is too sinful to stay by her side, maybe, after taking the decision, he doesn't want to taint her with his crimes?
    Despite of that, I still hope there will be happy YUME ending!!!
    soulkeeper_pol
    soulkeeper_pol
    Level-E
    Level-E

Post by soulkeeper_pol Wed Sep 28, 2011 5:12 am

No Kaname is not going to sacrifice himself to turn Yuuki human.

I'll tell you why it wont work.

1. It does not keep Yuuki safe. Yuuki is already known as a pureblood princess to the vampire society as well as to the vampire hunters association. So unless Kaname also plans to kill all of them or erase all their memories of Yuuki's existence, there is no point of turning her human as her blood would still be worth drinking human or not.

2. It does not serve the goal of coexistence. Yuuki being human will be weak and unable to fight for the cause anymore. Her life will also be too short to make any difference or help in the foundation of the coexistence.

3. It will make for a crappy Yuuki development. So what was the whole point of us readers going through all of Yuuki's angst and transformation just to see her become human again? If she were originally human, maybe it would make sense but Yuuki was originally a pureblood. Ending a story with Yuuki becoming human again will just put Yuuki back to where she started.

4. It will stunt Zero's growth. Zero is supposed to move on and accept who he has become as well as learn to accept vampires. Yuuki is the closest person who can help him achieve this. And then she just turns human again? Pointless

So all in all, I dont believe Kaname will turn Yuuki human again. Well, maybe he will try, (it would be a dumb move for someone as smart as him but we never know) but he will not succeed. Or VK is just crap. XD

I'm not saying he will not die though. There are plenty of ways to kill Kaname. Just dont make it something so crappy as something that Juuri already did. Kaname is creative and original. XD

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:36 am