Hm… As I see many fans have thought that there might be another villain, except from Sara, who’s pulling the strings from the shadow. This idea crossed my mind too, long ago when I was trying to decode the 2nd arc using the 1st arc as a mirror. Back then I thought that Sara maybe is playing the role of Shizuka … the role of the “rabbit” in the long race before the real big threat … the White Chess-master as mariangie has called him, appears for the final showdown.
Points that are reinforcing this theory –for me at least- are mostly some evil incidents that haven’t addressed yet
, while we know almost every move of Sara. So why the secrecy if Sara was the culprit?
As aya-chan mentioned above these incidents are the auction of humans and mainly the children kidnaps. And I’ll emphasize on the kidnaps cuz it is a case that runs the 2nd arc from its beginning >>
Now thinking that also Sara’s move to capture Takuma was introduced to us very early (the hint had been given even from the end of the 1st arc) and we saw how important was that move for the following unfoldment, I can’t stop thinking that the kidnaps could be important as well thus left without a master till now.
However I want to play the “devil’s advocate” here and state my reservations concerning the above possibility.
1. As the time goes by, Sara’s role loosing the “rabbit’s” characteristics. I mean her presence and schemes running the whole 2nd arc till now, whereas Shizuka’s role was much more limited.
2. Shizuka had a personal grudge … she was seeking only for revenge whereas the real villains, Asato/Rido have had a strategy and a plan for the total dominance, meaning that their motives were much different from Shizuka’s and far more dangerous. Here I want to make a distinction though … for me the real villain of the 1st arc was Asato and not Rido … Rido was a very strong weapon/tool but the real master mind was Asato who was planning to use
Rido up to a point.
Now comparing Sara with Asato I see that they have the same ultimate goal and very similar plans/weapons to achieve it … in fact Sara is continuing Asato’s plan.
Sara has a strategy too, she is moving patiently, methodically and her objective is the exact same that runs the vampire’s history from ancient times > total dominance over two species making synchronously the humans slaves or meals< this was and still is the root of all the wars, open wide or underground, that have taken place till now >> the reason of why the true coexistence hasn’t actualized thus far.
So, in short I do not underestimate Sara as a villain at least as a mind or motive. Now about her powers … hm … yes she seems an easy opponent especially for Kaname but keep in mind that currently has gained the powers of two
very old PBs, Ouri and Hanadagi’s … heads of their clans, who could had been even and ancestors. So I do not know the level of her “physical strength”. But in any case for me the lack of physical strength could be perfectly replaced from a master mind who can orchestrate a superb plan … a prime example is Asato who wasn’t even a PB thus his physical extermination was a piece of cake lol but his scheme was a whole different story. The proof of Asato’s mental superiority is exactly that he used Rido < Kaname’s weakest spot, a pattern that also Sara is trying to apply …
3. Who the ultimate villain could be? The candidates perhaps are very few since we know already all the remaining clans of PBs >>
- Ouri is dead < head
- Hanadagi is dead < head
- Hio too < head
- Touma, the head as well of his clan somehow doesn’t convince for a master mind, judging from his previous movements lol.
So, the remaining are Shurabuki (we only saw Sara even if she isn’t the head of her family) and Isaya who again from what we know thus far
about him are a bit contradictory with the profile of the ultimate villain … the White Chess-master … but who knows maybe a twist is waiting in the corner lol.
4. The time that has left for the end of VK … this is a vague factor but yet significant. If we knew how many chapters remaining then I think we could estimate better the possibility for a next sub-arc with another villain as protagonist. Cuz I’m thinking that even if Sara will be killed soon still there are many “mysteries” or unexplained issues … for example, a big part of Kaname’s past and many other that need time to unfold.
Bottom line … I’m divided
and I think that maybe the next chapter could be an indication for that issue … I mean I have the feeling that Sara has another card to play and if so, I want to see that card and what implications, twists might cause.