Vampire Knight & Manga Forum

In order to fully enjoy the board and it's function, you can always log in or sign up to an account. Thank you...
Vampire Knight & Manga Forum

Α forum dedicated to Hino's Matsuri best-seller manga Vampire Knight and the manga we love

Gallery

Latest topics

» Links for Other Vampire Knight Forums and Sites that you like and enjoy!!
Sun Aug 21, 2016 7:25 pm by Saphira_Kuran

» VK Memories CH 6!
Thu Aug 18, 2016 6:13 pm by Saphira_Kuran

» New VK Chapter is HERE!
Sun Jun 19, 2016 8:08 pm by Saphira_Kuran

» VK Memories
Wed Jun 01, 2016 5:59 pm by Saphira_Kuran

» The Final Countdown
Wed Jun 01, 2016 2:52 am by Saphira_Kuran

» New VK Chapter SPOILERS!
Mon Apr 18, 2016 5:47 pm by Saphira_Kuran

» New VK Bonus Ch!!
Fri Dec 18, 2015 12:53 am by Saphira_Kuran

» Translation of 'Fleeting Dreams'
Wed Sep 09, 2015 2:20 am by Saphira_Kuran

» Bunko Editions
Wed Sep 09, 2015 2:18 am by Saphira_Kuran

» New Vampire knight Extra
Wed Sep 09, 2015 2:15 am by Saphira_Kuran

» The Musical (Original and Revive)
Sun Aug 23, 2015 2:40 am by Dreamiel

» NEW CHAPTER IN 2015?
Mon Jun 01, 2015 12:16 am by Unknown00

» Newbie in the forum...
Fri May 01, 2015 7:13 pm by aisan4494

» Who do you think Yuki loves more: Kaname or Zero?
Fri May 01, 2015 7:09 pm by aisan4494

» Zeki or Yume?
Fri May 01, 2015 7:04 pm by aisan4494

» So What will happen of Kaname?
Thu Mar 19, 2015 6:25 pm by matei alina

» Does anybody think Yuki wasted time in Chapter 93?
Tue Dec 30, 2014 6:49 am by HomieV

» Symbolism Blog on VK & New Novel!!
Wed Dec 17, 2014 6:39 pm by Kara

» Ever "missed" a Chapter?
Tue Oct 14, 2014 1:35 am by Katherine

» What kind of feeling?
Mon Oct 06, 2014 1:03 am by Saphira_Kuran

We and the Youtube

Poll

would you like to read a sequel of vk?or is hino thinking of writing one?
59% 59% [ 24 ]
27% 27% [ 11 ]
15% 15% [ 6 ]

Total Votes : 41

Friends

Terry Candy

Zeki is more like sympathy and friendship?

Ribbon07
    Human

Humor : I'll wait to the day Yuuki chose Zero in the end cause she truly loves him after Hino made her said: "My Kaname".
    Warning Zone

Zeki is more like sympathy and friendship?

Post by Ribbon07 on Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:45 pm

Sometime these can be recognized wrongly are love. Do you think like me? Or else can you prove that it's love cause to me, I just can't see it. 83 chapters have run out and they're still the same.

Yuuki only want to talk to Zero like before, not confess anything to each other =.=

In chapter 79, When (not the real one!!) Kaname came, she scream in head: "My Kaname" and want to run to him despite of standing right next to Zero.

Chapter 83: Many Zeki fans expected Yuuki would worried for Zero (even he is so fine). But still, the person she care first is Kaname and then Ruka. Maybe she realized Zero was there after he knocking her head(I feel like that).

So tell me, where is love, really? Some sort of "Secret, Mystery Love"?

Last edited by Ribbon07 on Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:05 am; edited 1 time in total

juliet
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Humor : Anytime...
    Warning Zone

Re: Zeki is more like sympathy and friendship?

Post by juliet on Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:29 am

Personal opinion...>

yes i think that Zeki is friendship...because by now we should have seen that Yuuki has more intense feelings for Zero, I shall put it in another way she should be stepping into proving her love to him but she is not...for me it lacks the passion and the underlying fire to convince me that yuuki is there mentally, body and soul

my bad feeling is that Hino is using the Zeki carriage as a hook for many readers, i would prefer if she did not do it so because she drags expectations, she is leading one of the two ships in believing, which is not a very honest approach of the script....she is creating false expectations because she does not end it > the couple for me with the false expectations is Zeki because Hino built up a lot the yume background but in a mutual romantic sense that she did not do with Zeki... and in my opinion would not have gone into that if she did not intend to step on that element in order to have a basis that would hold what is happening now...if you get what i mean...

I' ll show you a sweet dream next time

kanachanimmortal
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Warning Zone

Post by kanachanimmortal on Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:07 am

Ribbon07 wrote:Sometime these can be recognized wrongly are love. Do you think like me? Or else can you prove that it's love cause to me, I just can't see it. 83 chapters have run out and they're still the same.

Yuuki only want to talk to Zero like before, not confess anything to each other =.=

In chapter 79, When (not the real one!!) Kaname came, she scream in head: "My Kaname" and want to run to him despite of standing right next to Zero.

Chapter 83: Many Zeki fans expected Yuuki would worried for Zero (even he is so fine). But still, the person she care first is Kaname and then Ruka. Maybe she realized Zero was there after he knocking her head(I feel like that).

she said she won't do stupid things from now on and that picture of her being with roses.so....maybe start of something new.

Ribbon07
    Human

Humor : I'll wait to the day Yuuki chose Zero in the end cause she truly loves him after Hino made her said: "My Kaname".
    Warning Zone

Post by Ribbon07 on Sat Jun 30, 2012 1:10 pm

lucykaede wrote:
    Ribbon07 wrote:Sometime these can be recognized wrongly are love. Do you think like me? Or else can you prove that it's love cause to me, I just can't see it. 83 chapters have run out and they're still the same.

she said she won't do stupid things from now on and that picture of her being with roses.so....maybe start of something new.

First, her stupid things mean hesitant, something let Kaname go away, made Zero had to stop her
    Second, This is not the first time Hino draw her with flower or roses. If she really broke up Kaname then why she is thinking her hair might not be twined around by him? It's kind of odd, isn't it?

You're Yume? I suggest from now on, you should become Zeki cause it suits you more (your theory made me laugh so hard just like them)

kanachanimmortal
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Warning Zone

Post by kanachanimmortal on Sat Jun 30, 2012 2:40 pm

Ribbon07 wrote:
    lucykaede wrote:

First, her stupid things mean hesitant, something let Kaname go away, made Zero had to stop her
    Second, This is not the first time Hino draw her with flower or roses. If she really broke up Kaname then why she is thinking her hair might not be twined around by him? It's kind of odd, isn't it?

You're Yume? I suggest from now on, you should become Zeki cause it suits you more (your theory made me laugh so hard just like them)

i will die then choosing zeki.yes i am a yume but right now i have lost faith in the couple but there is no way i am zeki.i am just too sensitive towards the couple as i was before this chapter obsessed with yume,i truly believed in the couple and now after the chapter when she cut her hair i got shocked,like a set back.hino is really cruel.

juliet
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Warning Zone

Post by juliet on Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:01 pm

i truly believed in the couple and now after the chapter when she cut her hair i got shocked,like a set back.hino is really cruel.

i think that Hino is fooling around...Zeki or Yume I do not like the carrot style she is dragging the fans into...

its like a cheek leading in both guys...not honest...anyway..

she can not make Yuuki suddenly choose over Zero because Zero is not an option...if he is where is this option? how it has been developped and how has it been supported through emotional development and escalation in the last chapters? if this is to happen, NOW, without an emotional background that could backup the character's free decisions that would not be bad writing that would be unbelievable...and a first in writing...

haha where is that song....is unbelievable...

Ribbon07
    Human

Warning Zone

Post by Ribbon07 on Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:40 pm

lucykaede wrote:
    Ribbon07 wrote:
    lucykaede wrote:

i will die then choosing zeki.yes i am a yume but right now i have lost faith in the couple but there is no way i am zeki.i am just too sensitive towards the couple as i was before this chapter obsessed with yume,i truly believed in the couple and now after the chapter when she cut her hair i got shocked,like a set back.hino is really cruel.

Cutting hair means heart has change, means you stop loving someone? Wow, really I don't know that. Or this is a Zeki thought again?

nina
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Humor : Black sarcasm
    Warning Zone

Post by nina on Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:10 pm

juliet wrote:Personal opinion...>

yes i think that Zeki is friendship...because by now we should have seen that Yuuki has more intense feelings for Zero, I shall put it in another way she should be stepping into proving her love to him but she is not...for me it lacks the passion and the underlying fire to convince me that yuuki is there mentally, body and soul

I agree with both of you! cheers cheers cheers

One thing though, that many seem to forget or conveniently ignore Razz is that what Yuuki has said about Kaname in the recent chapters (which inevitably are reflecting her feelings for Zero too) have been said in one day or two top!
    Viz from the moment she said “My Kaname” and blah blah blah until the moment she decides to cut her hair and capture him –even by hurting him- hasn’t passed more than a day.
    The approach, that these deep and strong feelings can change in a blink of an eye and moreover Yuuki to turn to another guy romantically, is obliviously. An author would never destroy its plot and its heroine like that with such superficial approach.

Furthermore for me is apparent what Hino is doing, and she has used the same “method” for both Kaname and Yuuki.
    Before she proceed with the difficult and thorny path for them she made sure to convey in a crystal clear way their true love feeling for each other >>

First with Kaname … before she place him at the academy where he had to say those hurtful words to Yuuki giving a show, she had shown us two scenes >>

A. His nightmare from which we can derive at least two conclusions:
    1. That he was very upset and tense from what he was going to do next.
    2. He licks her blood from the floor –a sign of how much he longs for her. (she even showed us a pic from Kaname, cuddling Yuuki’s nightgown
    Spoiler:

B. She repeated the scene at the mausoleum where he is embracing her so tightly like there is no tomorrow … now we know why.

The exact same thing Hino did with Yuuki. Before the last chapter she conveyed her feelings for Kaname in an unanswerable way (My Kaname, you didn’t come here to take me away, I’m not giving up on you, if you want to leave me pierce my heart, give him back to me etc)

I think the similarities are very clear.

So all of these are there from Hino for no reason or for showing that her characters are so superficial that are changing their minds and feelings (note feelings that haven’t changed for 83 chapters) in a blink of an eye; OR cuz she wants to show that whatever and if they’ll do next –hurting each other- has nothing to do with their feelings but are fuelled from different reasons?

The dilemma is rhetorical… IMO Hino wants from us not to question their feelings –thus and she emphasized on them again recently- but what led these two lovers with such intense and deep feelings to this point.

Juliet wrote: my bad feeling is that Hino is using the Zeki carriage as a hook for many readers, i would prefer if she did not do it so because she drags expectations, she is leading one of the two ships in believing, which is not a very honest approach of the script....she is creating false expectations because she does not end it > the couple for me with the false expectations is Zeki because Hino built up a lot the yume background but in a mutual romantic sense that she did not do with Zeki... and in my opinion would not have gone into that if she did not intend to step on that element in order to have a basis that would hold what is happening now...if you get what i mean...

I couldn’t agree more … and I think the current phase is another example of that.

However this tactic is very common in shoujo and for someone who has read lots of them is easy to distinguish that Hino is doing the same thing even if this for many Yumes might be boring. The story is the love story of Kaname and Yuuki … Zero is the typical third wheel who is there to challenge and “test” their love, among other things ofc, cuz in the 2nd arc at least so far I haven’t seen Zero as Kaname’s rival in romance.

Thus I’m coming to the main question of the thread … For all the above reasons and many more lol yes for me too Yuuki and Zero’s relationship is a friendship or a brotherly affection, at least from Yuuki’s end, even though I’m not sure for Zero’s romantic feelings either, especially in the 2nd arc (even if are there for my tastes are lacking sparkles lol)… always was and I haven’t seen anything to change my opinion about it thus far.

Many are relating Yume’s developments with Zeki supposedly potentiality. IMO this isn’t right, if not for anything else simply cuz as the story is written thus far this downgrades the hypothetical Zeki pair and both characters as well, stealing its shine… its independency.
    Given the recent developments, Yuuki supposedly will choose Zero cuz Kaname abandoned her; thus Zero is automatically a second compulsory choice.
    I.e. Zeki potentiality isn’t self-luminous but a satellite of Yume … no even worse, is a satellite of Kaname’s actions, not even Yuuki’s (!!!) because he is the one who would make this happen, IF ever which I do not believe anyway Razz.
    IMO this isn’t the way to portrait the main pair which supposedly will be the end game … at least the heroine should have authentic feelings for the man of her choice and not being led there as last resort << this is pathetic.

Juliet wrote: she can not make Yuuki suddenly choose over Zero because Zero is not an option...if he is where is this option? how it has been developped and how has it been supported through emotional development and escalation in the last chapters? if this is to happen, NOW, without an emotional background that could backup the character's free decisions that would not be bad writing that would be unbelievable...and a first in writing...

Yup yup, I second that!

In short if Hino wanted to develop Zeki romance first she wouldn’t have showed Yuuki and Kaname’s feelings in such emphatic way (and not only … there are many elements which are making Yume almost irreversible for a shoujo that I’m not gonna analyze here) and second she should have showed the Zeki romance OR Yuuki’s choice == Zero prior the current development something that she didn’t, which for me means that Yuuki and Zero are still deemed as childhood friends.

That’s why in my POV at least the only that matters and will be decisive for the status of both relationships in the end will be Yuuki’s true feelings … i.e. who she loves romantically and not out of necessity, or pity or obligation blah blah. Therefore as long as Yuuki is showing her love for Kaname (and no sign of romance towards Zero) I cannot see any change from the current status quo >> Yume == lovers, Yuuki and Zero == friends, allies etc. << this was the backbone of the story and Hino’s choice so far hence I believe it will be till the end.

Ps. This is my estimation I repeat … obviously I’m not the writer Razz

Kara
    Common Vampire
    Common Vampire

Humor : A divine combination of irony and innuendo ;)
    Warning Zone

Post by Kara on Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:58 pm

Ribbon07 wrote:
    lucykaede wrote:
    Ribbon07 wrote:

Cutting hair means heart has change, means you stop loving someone? Wow, really I don't know that. Or this is a Zeki thought again?

I think that Lucykaede was referring to how, in traditional Japanese culture, the volitional cutting of a woman's hair is quite symbolic. Many of their traditions hold a lot of deep subtext and connotation that is common cultural knowledge for Japanese people scratch

It's not as common in modern-day society, but traditionally Japanese women would tend to grow long and beautiful hair as a symbol of womanhood (sort of like a rite of passage). That's why geisha all have straight, long hairstyles. Smile

So in Japanese history, if a woman's hair was cut it was quite dramatic and unconventional. If the woman cut her own hair, (like Yuuki did in Chapter 83), it is supposed to symbolize how she has decided to 'cut away' from her past and begin a journey on a new path as a new person. It makes me think of the English expression, 'to turn over a new leaf', which means to start over Smile

That is a part of Japanese custom, although I'm not sure of how much prevalence it holds in Japan's 21st century society anymore. scratch
    (I'm going to stay in and travel Japan in two months as a 2-week field trip soon, so maybe I'll ask about that cheers I hope that I can buy an edition of Lala magazine and some Japanese VK manga while I'm there!! cheers cheers cheers )

Anyway, Vampire Knight is sold in English speaking countries as well, so the manga has a lot of Western fans who probably don't know much about Japanese tradition. I think Zeki fans find Yuuki cutting her hair doubly significant because Kaname had asked Yuuki to not drink Zero's blood and to not cut her beautiful hair, and now she has done both of those things. (One right in front of Kaname, which must've been very painful for him....poor Kaname...I want to give him a hug pale )

So I agree with Lucykaedo here. Very Happy I'm certain that Hino had intended for Yuuki's haircut to be quite symbolic of her breaking from her course alongside Kaname (at least temporarily Razz ). But I think that this is only because she and Kaname have conflicting goals at the moment. They are definitely not enemies! affraid Yuuki is Kaname's whole reason for living, and it is more than obvious that Yuuki loves Kaname just as much Smile While she is demonstrating her resolve to aid the hunters, we can also see how conflicted Yuuki is about going against the man she loves (plus, she did call him 'My Kaname') Surprised

So I think that Ribbon07 is right about it not meaning Yuuki has stopped loving Kaname! affraid Above my post, Nina has also posted many reasons and examples of how they both still care for each other deeply (in my opinion). Very Happy This haircut scene in Vampire Knight symbolized Yuuki temporarily 'cutting away' from Kaname's path, so I suppose that could be construed as a minor setback for them Shocked Like Ribbon07 said, even as Yuuki cut her hair she said that it might be the last time he twined her hair. There is a connotation of uncertainty tying into that one word, so I don't think anything is set in stone. Smile

But this is only my opinion so far. Many of other users on this forum probably have different interpretations of this scene, which is fine with me Smile I don't know anymore than everyone else here; I've been right sometimes, but I can easily admit that I've also been very wrong before. Only time will tell what Hino-sensei has in store for us! cheers

Last edited by Kara on Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:03 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling Errors)

juliet
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Warning Zone

Post by juliet on Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:58 pm

So in Japanese history, if a woman's hair was cut it was quite dramatic and unconventional. If the woman cut her own hair, (like Yuuki did in Chapter 83), it is supposed to symbolize how she has decided to 'cut away' from her past and begin a journey on a new path as a new person. It makes me think of the English expression, 'to turn over a new leaf', which means to start over…

Ι will agree with you that Yuuki’s move can have that meaning, but in relation to whom and what? And after which circumstances?

After she is denied from Kaname? Yes…

After she understands that she can not reach him in any way? Yes….

After she understands that in order to confront him she has to obviously ignore her feelings for love to him? Yes…

So does it do that in relation to Zero? No…

If you remove Zero from the picture is it likely to have the same attitude from Yuuki? Yes…

Why? Because the long hair are a part of Kaname most loving way to see her…. …declare her wish to act and be according to the way he loves seeing her, the way he touched her hair and caressed her, are very strong reminders of the era that they passed together >

But during her era as a human did she stop loving Kaname? No, contrary the opposite, it was especially in that era that her love for him totally reached the skies, leading her to the decision “yes, I shall spend eternity with you”….

Hino uses here according to my opinion this move to declare Yuuki’s indepence from Kaname’s wishes, she needs to do so in order to stop him and eventually she wont stand aside letting him have it his way> it’s a pure reaction that her intentions are real, not theory but action through this act that features the symbolism that you mentioned.

Is there space for a Zeki to develop because Yuuki cut her hair due to Kaname’s actions and reactions? You tell me….

Kara
    Common Vampire
    Common Vampire

Humor : A divine combination of irony and innuendo ;)
    Warning Zone

Post by Kara on Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:58 pm

juliet wrote:
    So in Japanese history, if a woman's hair was cut it was quite dramatic and unconventional. If the woman cut her own hair, (like Yuuki did in Chapter 83), it is supposed to symbolize how she has decided to 'cut away' from her past and begin a journey on a new path as a new person. It makes me think of the English expression, 'to turn over a new leaf', which means to start over…
    Ι will agree with you that Yuuki’s move can have that meaning, but in relation to whom and what? And after which circumstances?

I’m beginning to think that this meaning might not be in relation to Kaname or their relationship at all. This is just another theory, but the LT might not be its predominant focus at all. scratch
    I’ve given it some extra thought and it just occurred to me that something doesn’t quite make sense (at least, for me). I know that this may seem contradictory to what I previously stated during my last post, but I’ve had time to reconsider because I think that Juliet and Nina have both made some reasonable points here.

nina wrote:
    What Yuuki has said about Kaname in the recent chapters (which inevitably are reflecting her feelings for Zero too) have been said in one day or two top!
    Viz from the moment she said “My Kaname” and blah blah blah until the moment she decides to cut her hair and capture him –even by hurting him- hasn’t passed more than a day.
    The approach, that these deep and strong feelings can change in a blink of an eye.

I agree with you here, for two reasons Smile

First, I think there was actually less than a day in between the end of Chapter 80 and the end of Chapter 83.

(It’s funny how one chapter sometimes spans days, while another may only last minutes XD)

If I were to take a guess, I’d say that it would have only been mere hours (3-4 hours, perhaps?). Because the main cast had just migrated from the Academy to the Hunter Headquarters, which would probably have taken a fair chunk out of that time (since Zero once complained to his superiors that being late to a meeting was inevitable because of the distance he had to travel to get the HA after class). Everyone is still on red-alert about Kaname’s presence nearby, and hunter’s have had just enough time to converge and gather weapons but not enough to discuss with their superiors the appropriate course of action (because President Cross was cross with them for not doing their jobs). So for arguments sake, I’m going to assume for now that it all took place in the span of a few hours.

Second, towards the end of Chapter 80, Yuuki saw Kaname’s ‘double’ or façade self (for lack of any better terminology), and immediately felt compelled to walk to her Kaname’s side. It appeared to be an involuntary or subconscious kind of reaction to seeing him, because Yuuki at first paid no attention to the fact that Kaname is a ‘wanted’ man and that there was a hunter beside her. So that demonstrated to readers that even through the trial of separation, Yuuki’s feelings towards Kaname had not waned. Very Happy

This took place (assumedly) mere hours before Yuuki chose to disobey Kaname by cutting her hair, as Nina pointed out. So it would be conceivably detrimental toward Yuuki’s integrity as a character if she suddenly turned 180˚ and withdrew her love. Yuuki isn't going to just 'change her mind' and stop loving Kaname. Affection doesn’t work like that; you can’t just turn off your emotions on demand like a tap. Evil or Very Mad

So with this in mind, I think that we should be looking at Yuuki’s act in its wider context. A lot of fans were fixated on Yuuki’s haircut as a mere act of disobedience (which is how and why the LT has been frequently discussed regarding this chapter), but now I’m starting to suspect that it isn’t so much about Kaname or even their relationship as it is about Yuuki herself. Shocked

Now this is just a theory, but I think this haircut is Yuuki finally coming into her own. After all, this is what Yuuki herself as been aiming for since Kaname left. She re-started the Night Class in an attempt to exercise her independence and demonstrate her competence as a figure of authority. She wanted to show both the vampires and the hunters that she was (and is) perfectly capable of pushing her emotions to the side and do what needs to be done.

She is not just a puppet of Kaname’s. She is by Kaname’s side willingly (because she cares deeply for him), but he doesn’t control her thinking because she still has a clear head and thinks for herself.
    In this regard, it’s actually making the relationship between Kaname and Yuuki more realistic.
    Yuuki is not merely Kaname’s possession; she has volitionally given herself to him, heart and soul (if anyone can understand the difference and what I mean by that). Cutting her hair could (possibly?) be an indication of this; of how not everything she does is Kaname's influence. In my opinion, this independence is also an indication of her level of maturity and her character growth throughout this arc. She’s not just an infatuated schoolgirl anymore; she is well on her way to becoming Kaname’s equal, which has been her personal goal. cheers

So in short, I think that it was a monumental event for Yuuki’s character.

juliet wrote:
    Is there space for a Zeki to develop because Yuuki cut her hair due to Kaname’s actions and reactions?
    Forgive me for once again referring to the LT, but…*ducks for cover*
    ….I don’t think that Yuuki cutting her hair (in the act itself) is a step forward for Zeki. * Zeki launched missiles rain down on my cover*

That said, please don’t be too upset with me Zeki fans!! I can explain Razz

For it to have been a patronage of Zeki, there would have had to have been some development between Yuuki and Zero personally. What she did was in direct relation to her relationship with Kaname, not with Zero. Many Zeki fans may take what they construe as a ‘setback’ for Kaname and Yuuki’s relationship as a point in Zeki’s favor, however. When really, nothing’s changed between Zero and Yuuki because of that. Zero and Yuuki share a common goal, but there are also a lot of ‘setbacks’ for them if a romantic relationship were to be developed. While they are allies in capturing Kaname, we have to remember that Yuuki is deeply suspicious of Sara and we now know that Zero may or may not be allied with her too and under that pureblood woman’s influence Sad

……….

All in all, what I’ve just said is just another theory. Feel free to disagree with me; I enjoy discussing VK chapters with everyone here and I’d love to hear anyone else’s opinion on this. But I think we can all agree that Yuuki’s haircut was quite a milestone in the story (even though ‘having a haircut’ sounds very mundane in real-life! Razz)

Obviously it was meant to symbolize something, because Yuuki doesn’t have such a short attention span as to run into an impending battle, pause and think to herself, “Huh, well, I can see a group of hunters armed to the teeth are ready to attack my beloved and- oh hey, you know what? I’ve had this same hairstyle for like 40 chapters now, I think now is a great time to change it up a little!” rofl

Anyway, I hope I haven’t upset anyone with my post. I’m sorry if this is the case. If I have offended you, please just let me know! I hope to continue this discussion Smile

via2myrene
    Human

Humor : Hep-hap, baby ;)
    Warning Zone

Post by via2myrene on Sun Jul 01, 2012 2:36 pm

juliet wrote:Personal opinion...>

my bad feeling is that Hino is using the Zeki carriage as a hook for many readers, i would prefer if she did not do it so because she drags expectations, she is leading one of the two ships in believing, which is not a very honest approach of the script....she is creating false expectations because she does not end it > the couple for me with the false expectations is Zeki because Hino built up a lot the yume background but in a mutual romantic sense that she did not do with Zeki... and in my opinion would not have gone into that if she did not intend to step on that element in order to have a basis that would hold what is happening now...if you get what i mean...
    i agree. :]

juliet wrote:Hino uses here according to my opinion this move to declare Yuuki’s indepence from Kaname’s wishes, she needs to do so in order to stop him and eventually she wont stand aside letting him have it his way> it’s a pure reaction that her intentions are real, not theory but action through this act that features the symbolism that you mentioned.
    yup this is true! yuuki did this to show that she is having a big will to stop kaname. she doesn't want to be the one who do nothing, and it needs an action to catch her kaname. because if she does nothing, kaname will get further of her. she doesn't want to be the one who left behind. she needs to move, if she wants to be an equal partner in kaname's eyes.

nina wrote:
    Many are relating Yume’s developments with Zeki supposedly potentiality. IMO this isn’t right, if not for anything else simply cuz as the story is written thus far this downgrades the hypothetical Zeki pair and both characters as well, stealing its shine… its independency.
    Given the recent developments, Yuuki supposedly will choose Zero cuz Kaname abandoned her; thus Zero is automatically a second compulsory choice.
    i do quite agree with this. but i don't think that kaname abandoned her. he just.. has his own missions which left untold, and he doesn't want yuuki involved with this. yet yuuki can't let herself do nothing, because she doesn't want kaname to leave her with no explanation and with her knows nothing. :]

— *. ღ .* —

zero is her friend since childhood. and though yuuki has a feeling for him, it won't be as deep as her feelings for kaname. she makes her love to both guys separated--romantical love for kaname and platonic love for zero. and though her love for zero may go deeper than usual, it can't defeat her love for kaname at all. in yuuki's eyes, kaname is her ideal man. he is the man who she is dreaming of, and she wants to spend her life with.
    when zero is a man who she wants to help and make happy with, but as a friend.

this is just how i describe yuuki to zero, and yuuki to kaname :
    when we know that our childhood friend is having a very painful past, we want to make him/her happy. especially when s/he is very dear to us. what is in our mind is "how to make our dearest friend happy and feels safe", because we know that it's what s/he needs. that's what s/he wants to have since long.

and then, we have someone to admire. and after years, finally that person tell us that he likes us back. we will do anything for him, as he does anything (the best) for us. treated like a precious gem, our love will grow into the deeper stages. that's what called a "romantic love".

when we're having a problem with our lover, our dear friend (especially male, in this case) comes and give us a space to relieve ourselves. when he shows his feeling, we will feel touched, but sure we will hold it back. we won't destroy our friendship, especially with a special man in our heart. our relationship with our friend won't be as deep as with our partner.
    (and you already know that heart-broken people will search for affections.)

this is what happened between yuuki, kaname, and zero. yuuki looks zero as her dear and beloved friend, when kaname is the one who she gives a romantic love, and the one who she wants to spend her time with. :]

but lately, i realize that yuuki also has a feeling for zero--which is more than love as friend. but i think, she wants to deny it. she tried to keep it as a friendship-relationship only, but sometimes she loses control at it.

though she gives some space in her heart for zero, but there's more space for kaname. this is my opinion. :]

nina
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Warning Zone

Post by nina on Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:26 pm

@Kara … I was ready to reply to your previous post but now with your last one you took the words out of my mouth \0/ hahaha I’m not complaining though lol.

Kara wrote: First, I think there was actually less than a day in between the end of Chapter 80 and the end of Chapter 83.

This is what I believe too but I made the time frame wider just to cover all bases but IMO everything happened in-between hours. Anyway it doesn’t matter if have passed hours or a day … the conclusions are remaining unaffected.

Now, I agree with your analysis on what Yuuki’s action to cut her hair means. Certainly is an impressive move which has an impact to the readers (maybe to Kaname too (???) we shall see) and I also agree that it has a symbolic meaning of “change” or as “turning new leaf” as you said previously.

But as Juliet pointed out in regards to what??? Furthermore wasn’t that a long awaited development?

Yuuki had cut her hair in the past as well and as the story says it was again a reaction with an emotional background. So if we take her past act as a guide to decode the present we shall see that her current action is like a reflection in the mirror of what and why had done in the past too.
    Briefly >>
    1. Past: It was a reaction towards Kaname … she felt hurt from him when she saw the scene with Ruka.
    Present: The same goes for now too … she is hurt from his words, actions and mainly from his abandonment.
    2. Past: What it meant back then? That she realized/thought that she cannot have him.
    Present: Isn’t the same now? Kaname abandon her and despite her efforts till now she couldn’t get through to him … i.e. she cannot have him again!
    3. Past: Did her haircut influence her feelings for him? No … on the contrary as the time was passing by her feelings were getting stronger and stronger to the point that she could lose herself into her thoughts for Kaname ( << her words not mine) which resulted to her confession “Yes I do want to spend the eternity with you” note being a human! << this means that despite that she tried to distance herself from the dream to be with him deep inside her heart the strong wish remained the same … the flame was inextinguishable.
    Present: So this brings me to the present again … despite the current dark situation … despite that Kaname didn’t leave her space to hope “Even so” she still hopes… However as in the past her haircut symbolized a change to her stance and views the same goes for now too.

For all the above reasons … I cannot see by any means the connection between Yuuki’s haircut with Zero … it didn’t have anything to do with him in the past, neither affected her relationship with him but on the contrary it had to do everything with Kaname and her relationship with him thus I strongly believe that the same applies to the present … in the core of her action is again Kaname.

We are in agreement now with your second interpretation that this act regards mainly Yuuki … her stance and her view of the things surround her. This change regards her. However it reflects on her relationship with Kaname too so it might not concern the LT but concerns Yume which I’ll try to support below.

If you ask me this is a long awaited change … it was the subject of what we were expecting from her since chapter 66 << hinted from Aido-dono’s words in agony.

Personally from the moment that I’ve realized that Kaname’s leave wasn’t temporarily - which automatically means a self-destructive path – I placed my hopes on Yuuki. And if we look at it from the plot’s aspect I think this is Hino’s way to make her heroine shine i.e. to leave her mark on the story. Cuz is undeniable that thus far Yuuki hasn’t justify her role as the main heroine.
    To put it simply … let’s make the hypothesis (which I believe is close to the truth) that Kaname has a plan in his mind … a plan that in one way or another it doesn’t have a happy end for HIM. If Yuuki doesn’t make the difference then his plan will come to its fruition i.e. no Kaname hence no happy Yume.
    Even though one can say that this is a Yumish approach still if we look at it plot-wise I think it is undeniable that IF Yuuki fails to make the difference … if she fails to change the course of Kaname’s actions then she would have failed as a heroine simply cuz Hino herself placed her in that position >> “You are the only one”>>
    http://www.mangareader.net/104-58423-7/vampire-knight/chapter-66.html

Can Yuuki afford to fail??? IMO nope.

Therefore I welcome her “change” if this means Kaname’s salvation even though it hurts seeing her, cutting her hair IN FRONT of him something that must have hurt him deeply. But as in RL happens often, the major changes come through hardships and pain … nothing great falls to your hands from the skies … you must fight for it and only then you can appreciate it to its fullest. And in Yuuki’s case she had Kaname on her knees –wondering even herself why? – thus she couldn’t appreciate what she had … she thought of him as a given!
    Well now is her time to fight for him as he did … to fight for what she longs … to prove her words and make them actions … and in order to have him she has to deserve him!

This ofc is my POV … so back to the story’s facts lol

via2myrene wrote: yuuki did this to show that she is having a big will to stop kaname. she doesn't want to be the one who do nothing, and it needs an action to catch her kaname. because if she does nothing, kaname will get further of her. she doesn't want to be the one who left behind. she needs to move, if she wants to be an equal partner in kaname's eyes.

I’m in complete accordance!!!!

The brief talk between Yuuki and Aido-dono didn’t concern only Kaname’s plan but since Yuuki didn’t have a clue back then for what Kaname was about to do she gave us an insight of how she views her relationship with him >>

I’m with him … with Kaname. But nothing is going to happen until I can become his equal…
    http://www.mangareader.net/104-58423-10/vampire-knight/chapter-66.html

Yuuki for her own reasons had put a brake to her relationship with Kaname. A brake that was keeping her from taking the next step … a next step which in order to happen; required a change for Yuuki. We never saw what she would have done to achieve that since Kaname left but IMO we will see it now … what we will see from now on it will be Yuuki’s change … the first step as implied was that Yuuki finally –at least verbally seeing Kaname as her EQUAL - << the long awaited step.

Therefore it might sound odd, under the impression that the last chapter left to some fans- but I believe that what Yuuki did not only is NOT a step back for her and Kaname but a big step forward for Yume. wub

"... I want to fall down with you to the very farthest depths ... taint me too Kaname"

Spoiler:

*wants to sneak under these bed sheets*

lililovelilica
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Humor : Waiting for Kaname
    Warning Zone

Post by lililovelilica on Mon Jul 02, 2012 6:31 am

nina wrote:@Kara … I was ready to reply to your previous post but now with your last one you took the words out of my mouth \0/ hahaha I’m not complaining though lol.

Kara wrote: First, I think there was actually less than a day in between the end of Chapter 80 and the end of Chapter 83.

This is what I believe too but I made the time frame wider just to cover all bases but IMO everything happened in-between hours. Anyway it doesn’t matter if have passed hours or a day … the conclusions are remaining unaffected.

Now, I agree with your analysis on what Yuuki’s action to cut her hair means. Certainly is an impressive move which has an impact to the readers (maybe to Kaname too (???) we shall see) and I also agree that it has a symbolic meaning of “change” or as “turning new leaf” as you said previously.

But as Juliet pointed out in regards to what??? Furthermore wasn’t that a long awaited development?

Yuuki had cut her hair in the past as well and as the story says it was again a reaction with an emotional background. So if we take her past act as a guide to decode the present we shall see that her current action is like a reflection in the mirror of what and why had done in the past too.
    Briefly >>
    1. Past: It was a reaction towards Kaname … she felt hurt from him when she saw the scene with Ruka.
    Present: The same goes for now too … she is hurt from his words, actions and mainly from his abandonment.
    2. Past: What it meant back then? That she realized/thought that she cannot have him.
    Present: Isn’t the same now? Kaname abandon her and despite her efforts till now she couldn’t get through to him … i.e. she cannot have him again!
    3. Past: Did her haircut influence her feelings for him? No … on the contrary as the time was passing by her feelings were getting stronger and stronger to the point that she could lose herself into her thoughts for Kaname ( << her words not mine) which resulted to her confession “Yes I do want to spend the eternity with you” note being a human! << this means that despite that she tried to distance herself from the dream to be with him deep inside her heart the strong wish remained the same … the flame was inextinguishable.
    Present: So this brings me to the present again … despite the current dark situation … despite that Kaname didn’t leave her space to hope “Even so” she still hopes… However as in the past her haircut symbolized a change to her stance and views the same goes for now too.

For all the above reasons … I cannot see by any means the connection between Yuuki’s haircut with Zero … it didn’t have anything to do with him in the past, neither affected her relationship with him but on the contrary it had to do everything with Kaname and her relationship with him thus I strongly believe that the same applies to the present … in the core of her action is again Kaname.

We are in agreement now with your second interpretation that this act regards mainly Yuuki … her stance and her view of the things surround her. This change regards her. However it reflects on her relationship with Kaname too so it might not concern the LT but concerns Yume which I’ll try to support below.

If you ask me this is a long awaited change … it was the subject of what we were expecting from her since chapter 66 << hinted from Aido-dono’s words in agony.

Personally from the moment that I’ve realized that Kaname’s leave wasn’t temporarily - which automatically means a self-destructive path – I placed my hopes on Yuuki. And if we look at it from the plot’s aspect I think this is Hino’s way to make her heroine shine i.e. to leave her mark on the story. Cuz is undeniable that thus far Yuuki hasn’t justify her role as the main heroine.
    To put it simply … let’s make the hypothesis (which I believe is close to the truth) that Kaname has a plan in his mind … a plan that in one way or another it doesn’t have a happy end for HIM. If Yuuki doesn’t make the difference then his plan will come to its fruition i.e. no Kaname hence no happy Yume.
    Even though one can say that this is a Yumish approach still if we look at it plot-wise I think it is undeniable that IF Yuuki fails to make the difference … if she fails to change the course of Kaname’s actions then she would have failed as a heroine simply cuz Hino herself placed her in that position >> “You are the only one”>>

Therefore I welcome her “change” if this means Kaname’s salvation even though it hurts seeing her, cutting her hair IN FRONT of him something that must have hurt him deeply. But as in RL happens often, the major changes come through hardships and pain … nothing great falls to your hands from the skies … you must fight for it and only then you can appreciate it to its fullest. And in Yuuki’s case she had Kaname on her knees –wondering even herself why? – thus she couldn’t appreciate what she had … she thought of him as a given!
    Well now is her time to fight for him as he did … to fight for what she longs … to prove her words and make them actions … and in order to have him she has to deserve him!

via2myrene wrote: yuuki did this to show that she is having a big will to stop kaname. she doesn't want to be the one who do nothing, and it needs an action to catch her kaname. because if she does nothing, kaname will get further of her. she doesn't want to be the one who left behind. she needs to move, if she wants to be an equal partner in kaname's eyes.

The brief talk between Yuuki and Aido-dono didn’t concern only Kaname’s plan but since Yuuki didn’t have a clue back then for what Kaname was about to do she gave us an insight of how she views her relationship with him >>

I’m with him … with Kaname. But nothing is going to happen until I can become his equal…

Yuuki for her own reasons had put a brake to her relationship with Kaname. A brake that was keeping her from taking the next step … a next step which in order to happen; required a change for Yuuki. We never saw what she would have done to achieve that since Kaname left but IMO we will see it now … what we will see from now on it will be Yuuki’s change … the first step as implied was that Yuuki finally –at least verbally seeing Kaname as her EQUAL - << the long awaited step.

Therefore it might sound odd, under the impression that the last chapter left to some fans- but I believe that what Yuuki did not only is NOT a step back for her and Kaname but a big step forward for Yume. wub
    I agree with everything you've said!
    But do you still hope that Kaname's going to be at Yuuki's side at the end?
    I(as a super kaname fangirl)hope for that,and he's NOT going to die,if Hino-sensei make that ending then it would only be boring and she'd have a kilometer list of HATERS,MY NAME INCLUDED! sFun_banghead2

nina
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Warning Zone

Post by nina on Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:32 pm

lililovelilica wrote:
    I(as a super kaname fangirl)hope for that,and he's NOT going to die,if Hino-sensei make that ending then it would only be boring and she'd have a kilometer list of HATERS,MY NAME INCLUDED! sFun_banghead2

Yup ... doesn't show? Shocked hm... maybe I should be more daring next time rofl

You may add my name on that list too Twisted Evil

"... I want to fall down with you to the very farthest depths ... taint me too Kaname"

Spoiler:

*wants to sneak under these bed sheets*

kanachanimmortal
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Warning Zone

Post by kanachanimmortal on Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:44 pm

lililovelilica wrote:
    nina wrote:@Kara … I was ready to reply to your previous post but now with your last one you took the words out of my mouth \0/ hahaha I’m not complaining though lol.

Briefly >>

INCLUDE MY NAME,I CAN'T BEAR KANAME'S DEATH AND I CAN'T STAND YUUKI AND ZERO.I JUST CAN'T IMAGINE THEIR LOVEY DOVEY SCENES AFTER SEEING SO MUCH YUME WITHOUT A SINGLE TOUCH FROM ZERO,NOW AGAIN HINO IS PLAYING HER CRAP TRIANGLE CARD TO PLEASE ZERO'S FANS.

Ribbon07
    Human

Warning Zone

Post by Ribbon07 on Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:12 pm

lucykaede wrote:
    lililovelilica wrote:

Briefly >>

INCLUDE MY NAME,I CAN'T BEAR KANAME'S DEATH AND I CAN'T STAND YUUKI AND ZERO.I JUST CAN'T IMAGINE THEIR LOVEY DOVEY SCENES AFTER SEEING SO MUCH YUME WITHOUT A SINGLE TOUCH FROM ZERO,NOW AGAIN HINO IS PLAYING HER CRAP TRIANGLE CARD TO PLEASE ZERO'S FANS.
    What's pleasure? I think Zeki just saw Yuuki cut her hair which Kaname loves then concluded that she broke up with him. Only shallow fans who only look over the manga jump like that. Why? Read Nina's post. I think she already said what I want to say.

lililovelilica
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Humor : Waiting for Kaname
    Warning Zone

Post by lililovelilica on Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:30 am

Ribbon07 wrote:
    lucykaede wrote:
    lililovelilica wrote:

What's pleasure? I think Zeki just saw Yuuki cut her hair which Kaname loves then concluded that she broke up with him. Only shallow fans who only look over the manga jump like that. Why? Read Nina's post. I think she already said what I want to say.
    She changed her plans...but that doesnt mean change everything about her
    She said:"-MY KANAME IS OVER THERE!"
    That mean -"I still love you!"

She don't want her beloved man hurting another people anymore!
    Zeki fans,I'm sorry but if Yume does'nt happen then Zeki is out of question too!

via2myrene
    Human

Humor : Hep-hap, baby ;)
    Warning Zone

Post by via2myrene on Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:20 am

nina wrote:

yup, this is true! ^-^
    i also don't see this as a backward step. this means that yuuki is having a will to stand up and face kaname as a woman--a woman who is in equal place with him. ready to have a big fight with him, and brave enough to decide what she should and shouldn't do. i think kaname needs that type of woman to be his partner. :]

lililovelilica wrote:
    lucykaede wrote:INCLUDE MY NAME,I CAN'T BEAR KANAME'S DEATH AND I CAN'T STAND YUUKI AND ZERO.I JUST CAN'T IMAGINE THEIR LOVEY DOVEY SCENES AFTER SEEING SO MUCH YUME WITHOUT A SINGLE TOUCH FROM ZERO,

of course! yume fans are always hoping kaname to be in yuuki's side in the end. :]
    add me too! i'd love to see kaname has yuuki and beautiful future together *w*

but if kaname dies and the manga doesn't ended with yume.. then hino should be sorry because i won't read vk anymore. asdfghjkl.

lililovelilica wrote:
    She changed her plans...but that doesnt mean change everything about her
    She said:"-MY KANAME IS OVER THERE!"
    That mean -"I still love you!"

She don't want her beloved man hurting another people anymore!
    Zeki fans,I'm sorry but if Yume doesn't happen then Zeki is out of question too!
    i was sooo happy when she called kaname "my kaname" <3
    yeah, yume ftw!
    but we still need to respect others who ship zeki :] just let us see the development of this manga!
    i believe yuuki will still choose kaname after all they will through--the big fights.

Ribbon07 wrote:I think Zeki just saw Yuuki cut her hair which Kaname loves then concluded that she broke up with him.
    what a big misunderstanding! dear, yuuki cut her hair because she wants to show that she is having an intention to have a fight with kaname. she doesn't want to be the one who do nothing and always obey--she wants to stop him and face him as an equal partner. if that means that they're breaking up, then why yuuki is still calling kaname "my kaname" and "my man"? she is still kaname's fiancee, and seeing her fiancee doing something which is wrong, she wants to stop him.
    she is like "kaname, i'm showing you that i want to have a fight with you. to show you that i'm strong and can take care of myself, then can stop you from your actions."
    you should see that yuuki's love for kaname--and vice versa--is very strong yet intense, so it's kinda hard for yuuki to open up to zero more than as close & childhood friend. she may fall for zero, but her heart is already won by kaname. :]

Dragonsrose15
    Human

Warning Zone

Post by Dragonsrose15 on Fri Aug 03, 2012 2:27 am

No way, there's more to their relationship than sympathy and friendship. They have a bond that can't be broken and mutual feelings for each other. Their feelings towards each other come from them growing up together and getting to know each other extremely well. They complete each other and they both know this deep in their hearts, that's why they can't forget about each other. The only problem is Yuuki and Zero not realizing just how much Yuuki cares for Zero.

kanamekuranlover
    Common Vampire
    Common Vampire

Warning Zone

Post by kanamekuranlover on Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:31 am

Dragonsrose15 wrote:No way, there's more to their relationship than sympathy and friendship. They have a bond that can't be broken and mutual feelings for each other. Their feelings towards each other come from them growing up together and getting to know each other extremely well. They complete each other and they both know this deep in their hearts, that's why they can't forget about each other. The only problem is Yuuki and Zero not realizing just how much Yuuki cares for Zero.

feelings are mutual???? scratch
    i won't debate on the part of her caring for him because she does care for him very very deeply but isn't it her thing that she cares for everyone.kaname stated that she is the one who gives light to everyone and its her nature to care for people.kaname knows that her part of heart is attached to zero but in which way????? scratch
    kaname drank from her so he knows how she feels for zero.
    it has been 84 chapters still no sign of yuuki loving zero as much she loves kaname.kaname is such a sinful vampire still she wants him back.in this period when kaname was away she could have went to zero saying my part of heart is attached to you lets forget kaname you are my man now i love you.no she didn't do it,she waited for kaname and got hurt when she found that he didn't came to take her AWAY.manga is in its second arc,if hino tries to develop zeki into something romantic now then it is gonna be cheap,laughable and stupid.i can only see zeki ending as a good friendship or if kaname dies then they possibly ending up together.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content Today at 10:32 am

Current date/time is Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:32 am