Vampire Knight & Manga Forum

In order to fully enjoy the board and it's function, you can always log in or sign up to an account. Thank you...

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

In order to fully enjoy the board and it's function, you can always log in or sign up to an account. Thank you...

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Α forum dedicated to Hino's Matsuri best-seller manga Vampire Knight and the manga we love

Gallery

Vampire Knight 85 FULL RAWS! AND FIRST TRANSLATION! Empty

Latest topics

» Do you trust Hino?
Vampire Knight 85 FULL RAWS! AND FIRST TRANSLATION! I_icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2022 12:37 am by juliet

» Our Kaname is here!! Vampire Knight memories chapter 38
Vampire Knight 85 FULL RAWS! AND FIRST TRANSLATION! I_icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2022 12:35 am by juliet

» Vampire knight Memories 38
Vampire Knight 85 FULL RAWS! AND FIRST TRANSLATION! I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2022 4:18 am by juliet

» Where to Find Vampire Knight Memories Translation
Vampire Knight 85 FULL RAWS! AND FIRST TRANSLATION! I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2022 1:29 am by juliet

» The Final Countdown
Vampire Knight 85 FULL RAWS! AND FIRST TRANSLATION! I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2022 11:43 pm by juliet

» New VK Chapter is HERE!
Vampire Knight 85 FULL RAWS! AND FIRST TRANSLATION! I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 11, 2017 7:42 am by lililovelilica

» Links for Other Vampire Knight Forums and Sites that you like and enjoy!!
Vampire Knight 85 FULL RAWS! AND FIRST TRANSLATION! I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2016 7:25 pm by Saphira_K

» VK Memories CH 6!
Vampire Knight 85 FULL RAWS! AND FIRST TRANSLATION! I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2016 6:13 pm by Saphira_K

» VK Memories
Vampire Knight 85 FULL RAWS! AND FIRST TRANSLATION! I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2016 5:59 pm by Saphira_K

» New VK Chapter SPOILERS!
Vampire Knight 85 FULL RAWS! AND FIRST TRANSLATION! I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2016 5:47 pm by Saphira_K

» New VK Bonus Ch!!
Vampire Knight 85 FULL RAWS! AND FIRST TRANSLATION! I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2015 12:53 am by Saphira_K

» Translation of 'Fleeting Dreams'
Vampire Knight 85 FULL RAWS! AND FIRST TRANSLATION! I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2015 2:20 am by Saphira_K

» Bunko Editions
Vampire Knight 85 FULL RAWS! AND FIRST TRANSLATION! I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2015 2:18 am by Saphira_K

» New Vampire knight Extra
Vampire Knight 85 FULL RAWS! AND FIRST TRANSLATION! I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2015 2:15 am by Saphira_K

» The Musical (Original and Revive)
Vampire Knight 85 FULL RAWS! AND FIRST TRANSLATION! I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2015 2:40 am by Dreamiel

» NEW CHAPTER IN 2015?
Vampire Knight 85 FULL RAWS! AND FIRST TRANSLATION! I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2015 12:16 am by Unknown00

» Newbie in the forum...
Vampire Knight 85 FULL RAWS! AND FIRST TRANSLATION! I_icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2015 7:13 pm by aisan4494

» Who do you think Yuki loves more: Kaname or Zero?
Vampire Knight 85 FULL RAWS! AND FIRST TRANSLATION! I_icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2015 7:09 pm by aisan4494

» Zeki or Yume?
Vampire Knight 85 FULL RAWS! AND FIRST TRANSLATION! I_icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2015 7:04 pm by aisan4494

» So What will happen of Kaname?
Vampire Knight 85 FULL RAWS! AND FIRST TRANSLATION! I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2015 6:25 pm by matei alina

We and the Youtube

Poll

would you like to read a sequel of vk?or is hino thinking of writing one?
Vampire Knight 85 FULL RAWS! AND FIRST TRANSLATION! Bar_left59%Vampire Knight 85 FULL RAWS! AND FIRST TRANSLATION! Bar_right 59% [ 24 ]
Vampire Knight 85 FULL RAWS! AND FIRST TRANSLATION! Bar_left27%Vampire Knight 85 FULL RAWS! AND FIRST TRANSLATION! Bar_right 27% [ 11 ]
Vampire Knight 85 FULL RAWS! AND FIRST TRANSLATION! Bar_left15%Vampire Knight 85 FULL RAWS! AND FIRST TRANSLATION! Bar_right 15% [ 6 ]

Total Votes : 41

Friends

Terry Candy

+8
ButterflyWingsx
mariangie
aya-chan
chacile
bitex
libra
juliet
nina
12 posters

Vampire Knight 85 FULL RAWS! AND FIRST TRANSLATION!

nina
    nina
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Humor : Black sarcasm
    Warning ZoneVampire Knight 85 FULL RAWS! AND FIRST TRANSLATION! Dropsoa

Vampire Knight 85 FULL RAWS! AND FIRST TRANSLATION! Empty Vampire Knight 85 FULL RAWS! AND FIRST TRANSLATION!

Post by nina Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:15 pm

http://tieba.baidu.com/p/1811076515

Translation here http://vampire-knight.livejournal.com/1008065.html

Many thanks to Senbyafanatic cheers

English scanlation HERE

Last edited by nina on Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:22 pm; edited 2 times in total
    juliet
    juliet
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Humor : Anytime...

Vampire Knight 85 FULL RAWS! AND FIRST TRANSLATION! Empty Re: Vampire Knight 85 FULL RAWS! AND FIRST TRANSLATION!

Post by juliet Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:15 pm

thank you! thank you! sLo_BigBearHug
    libra
    libra
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Humor : Black

Vampire Knight 85 FULL RAWS! AND FIRST TRANSLATION! Empty Re: Vampire Knight 85 FULL RAWS! AND FIRST TRANSLATION!

Post by libra Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:21 pm

Vampire Knight 85 FULL RAWS! AND FIRST TRANSLATION! 1927775417 Vampire Knight 85 FULL RAWS! AND FIRST TRANSLATION! 1927775417 Vampire Knight 85 FULL RAWS! AND FIRST TRANSLATION! 1927775417 Vampire Knight 85 FULL RAWS! AND FIRST TRANSLATION! 1927775417
    bitex
    bitex
    Human

Humor : I like anything funny

Post by bitex Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:32 pm

Thanks for sharing Vampire Knight 85 FULL RAWS! AND FIRST TRANSLATION! 3887309346
    chacile
    chacile
    Level-E
    Level-E

Post by chacile Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:12 pm

Thanks Nina, Very Happy

Whoa!!! An epic chapter is really epic!! A lot happened, I didn't even blink.. Shocked Yuuki, don't be distracted, just hang in there.. you can certainly get Kaname back!! I'll be rooting for you.. king queen
    aya-chan
    aya-chan
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Humor : oiseaux de se ressemble s'assemble

Post by aya-chan Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:19 pm

Mercy beaucoup (thank you a lot) Stalker-san .

A lot of things happened.

I had an imense pleasure seeing sara's screaming - first her shock expression, and later her painful scream. and the climax was when she turned to tiny, tiny crystals.
    juliet
    juliet
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Post by juliet Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:54 pm

thanks Nina for posting Sebby's translation it looks it was really needed here to sort some things out;

From all the chapter i was stunned with these lines coming from Sara;

Sara: Look closely…Takuma. Look at this ugliness of purebloods. Look at how the ancestor who turned into nothing but a monster ends.
    And look at the stupidity of how he turns his eyes away from light...from “redemption” again and again…

It seems that the end she got a strange "wisdom".

Unfortunately things seem so rough right now...

I still can not grasp many things out of the script;

What did make Kaname to fulfill ancestor's wish in the first place? Okay because apparently through her wishes, he also fulfills his promise to Yuuki to create a safer world, but what futher motivated him? This question just lingers there and Hino still shows no intention of uniting the pieces of the script together.

Then the great revelation of the chapter is the ancestor and the weapons...why did she want her power back?

the scene seemed a bit vague...

she wanted her power so she would do what?

HW: I can’t…I can’t cool down just like this, before it’s done.

Page 16

HW: I can’t die myself before destruction is complete…I have to hunt down purebloods who bring darkness to others…that’s the purpose of my existence.

Kaname: You’ve already…(cont’d)

Page 17

Kaname: (cont’d) You’ve already done enough over the past 10,000 years. This is enough…so go to sleep…

Page 18

Kaname: I’ll carry on your will.

the one part is clear; Kaname shall finish the purebloods but what about the weapons? the continuation is not clear there for me at least...

aya-chan
    aya-chan
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Post by aya-chan Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:08 pm

I know; it was kind of strange to hear sara saying such things.
    nina
    nina
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Post by nina Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:38 pm

Hm the text is very short I think … not so many info :/

Anyway … well I was expecting for this chapter to have one RIP party but it seems that I will have 1 for 2 ho ho ho … sFun_balloonsmilies Vampire Knight 85 FULL RAWS! AND FIRST TRANSLATION! 230572241

So goodbye and good riddance Sara and HW! Bon voyage! bouncing

Juliet wrote: the one part is clear; Kaname shall finish the purebloods but what about the weapons? the continuation is not clear there for me at least...

Ah this is my question too … when I had the hunch in the previous chapter that we shall see the final curtain of the HW I had the same query; what will happen with the weapons and in extension with the hunters if the spirit of the HW gone?

We also saw how she tried to take the weapons back … so now the weapons will continue to function or not? scratch
    chacile
    chacile
    Level-E
    Level-E

Post by chacile Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:34 pm

juliet wrote:

Unfortunately things seem so rough right now...

I still can not grasp many things out of the script;

What did make Kaname to fulfill ancestor's wish in the first place? Okay because apparently through her wishes, he also fulfills his promise to Yuuki to create a safer world, but what futher motivated him? This question just lingers there and Hino still shows no intention of uniting the pieces of the script together.

Then the great revelation of the chapter is the ancestor and the weapons...why did she want her power back?

the one part is clear; Kaname shall finish the purebloods but what about the weapons? the continuation is not clear there for me at least...

I agree with you Juliet, Very Happy somehow.. Sara displayed “pureblood wisdom” when she commented on how Kaname turned into a monster of destruction and how he refused redemption again and again.. Too bad, she can no longer redeem herself and disappeared forever. ^^'

Though, it’s very confusing and mind puzzling for now.. I would like to take my guess that “to kill the purebloods that brought humankind to darkness” was not only the will of the HW ancestor but also of Kaname. Somehow, Kaname’s words towards Rido 11yrs ago and towards the vampire council a year ago made a little sense.

It seems that Kaname’s view before he went to slumber was a bit optimistic about the future than that of the HW (who wished for absolute destruction) since he had decided not to continue with his plan and allowed those purebloods who had settled down to continue their existence. I would like to guess that perhaps, his vision of Yuuki in the past helped his resolve that there is a better future between humans and vampires despite the bloody and ugly history that was established.

I guess what motivated him to execute his previous plan was the rampant corruption of the senate together with the prevailing darkness in the vampire society as a result of the irresponsibility of the current purebloods (Sara who only wished to be the queen, Touma who loves to create discord, Isaya who would prefer watching at the sidelines, the Hanadagi’s and Hiou’s who at point could have done the same things as demonstrated on how Hanadagi easily asked for Hanabusa’s father to give him his life and Shizuka’s previous rampage --- all these inactions and malice of the purebloods combined to the point that “what is right and what is wrong is a matter of what is right or wrong according to the purebloods”--which might not be really the “true” right at all (like how the current purebloods would turn humans to vampires w/o qualms; how lower level vampires would do everything to have a taste of purebloods blood; how those vampires still treated humans as mere food—it all boils down to purebloods existence). Maybe this is what Kaname meant when he said that it was his fault that someone like Rido was born--> if only he had killed all those purebloods before until no one was left, equilibrium or the coexistence between humans and ordinary vampires who do not possess excessive power might have been achieved, there might not much power struggle to speak of, no human lives toyed by purebloods, and no good purebloods (Juuri and Haruka) being killed for nothing, and thus would lead to what he said to Yuuki that it was his fault that scary vampires exist. This would connect on his great distaste of treating purebloods as “gods”.

As if he was kind of bargaining to himself by giving the entire vampire society a very charitable chance of restructuring itself for the better through thousands of years and only to be disappointed that nothing ever changed, he had lost to his gamble, and so he is now taking upon himself what he thought were the consequences of his own inaction.

As to the HW ancestor taking back the pieces, I would like to guess that the hunters had reached the limit of her heart which she threw on the furnace. Since her power had been distributed so much to the point that the main body (metal) can no longer continue existing, she has to reabsorb them again to continue existing until the last pureblood had been annihilated (some kind of energy conservation).

As to the weapons, I think those which she was not able to absorb like the Artemis and BR continued to exist and a part of her will still continue to exist in them as the power had been distributed upon creation..

------> All these are just my hypothesis though, Very Happy

Goodness.. what a very complicated story, but at least I can finally find some light as regards to the questions I've had before. The question is, what will Yuuki do to convince Kaname to reconsider when she's a very important factor why he came up with such decision? agghhh.. I have faith in you Yuuki, gambatte!! king queen
    mariangie
    mariangie
    Pureblood Vampire
    Pureblood Vampire

Humor : Mad Doctor

Post by mariangie Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:41 pm

nina wrote:Hm the text is very short I think … not so many info :/

Anyway … well I was expecting for this chapter to have one RIP party but it seems that I will have 1 for 2 ho ho ho … sFun_balloonsmilies Vampire Knight 85 FULL RAWS! AND FIRST TRANSLATION! 230572241

So goodbye and good riddance Sara and HW! Bon voyage! bouncing

Juliet wrote: the one part is clear; Kaname shall finish the purebloods but what about the weapons? the continuation is not clear there for me at least...

Ah this is my question too … when I had the hunch in the previous chapter that we shall see the final curtain of the HW I had the same query; what will happen with the weapons and in extension with the hunters if the spirit of the HW gone?

We also saw how she tried to take the weapons back … so now the weapons will continue to function or not? scratch

Very interesting questions . As HW's spirit no more inside of anti - vampire weapons as cathalithic for their power . Anti - vampire weapons now are supposed to be useless against vampires . Unless a new pureblood sacrifices himself for this job .

A doubt I have is : as Bloody Rose and Artemis prototype are special anti - vampire weapons . Could be a way for them to act without the need of HW's spirit ?

Another issue : As the Hunter's Headquarter's in ruins . No more anti vampire weapons to be used by hunters . Could this be the perfect opportunity for a real boss to appear . Seize the opportunity to eliminate the remaining lose ties that could be used to eliminate te last remaining purebloods alive .

The elimination of vampire hunters as effective way to control pureblood's actions could be the original intention of a posible " White Chessmaster " player . Maybe Kaname predicted this . Tried to prevent this events to happen . Prefering to be see as villain instead of the one who could sacrifice himself for the greater good .

jocolor Would at last get my fight between hunters and berserk vampires ? geek
    juliet
    juliet
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Post by juliet Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:36 am

I can’t die myself before destruction is complete…I have to hunt down purebloods who bring darkness to others…that’s the purpose of my existence.

She said though that she can’t proceed in dying if the remaining pureblood are still alive. So it seems evident that HW wants to destroy or eliminate the hunter’s weapons as you had suggested in the previous chapter, because if her fire dies out apparently no fire maens no weapons, and no hunters as well? without weapons they shall not be able to fight the vampires...isn’t that how the story goes?

Sara displayed “pureblood wisdom” when she commented on how Kaname turned into a monster of destruction and how he refused redemption again and again.. Too bad, she can no longer redeem herself and disappeared forever.

Too bad that she can not also tell us the purpose of her role Chacile...because she came to no use at all (at least from what we have seen but i do not expect a continuation), she just died, without any use for the weapons or her blood. So what was all these about?

Perhaps only an excuse so that Kaname could provoke HW from her furnace...why didn't he kidnapped her and get her there in the first place? rofl rofl rofl
    simple things...he did that to Touma...

I would like to take my guess that “to kill the purebloods that brought humankind to darkness” was not only the will of the HW ancestor but also of Kaname. Somehow, Kaname’s words towards Rido 11yrs ago and towards the vampire council a year ago made a little sense.

And a little difference, Kaname back then had stated that “a system that no longer tells evil from good can not exist”...so we are expecting to see also further evil pureblood exterminated at this phase. Touma does not belong in this category? Perhaps not himself if he did not hurt any humans.

It seems that Kaname’s view before he went to slumber was a bit optimistic about the future than that of the HW (who wished for absolute destruction) since he had decided not to continue with his plan and allowed those purebloods who had settled down to continue their existence. I would like to guess that perhaps, his vision of Yuuki in the past helped his resolve that there is a better future between humans and vampires despite the bloody and ugly history that was established.

True, he also said it himself speaking to the council where he says that the condition of the vampires has not changed...so perhaps by leaving them intact he did hope that the society shall progress and find mechanisms to protect against evil. Later on he just reflects on his OP and decides that elimination of the evil pureblood is a necessity for a safer world.

Even though I want to ask what was Yuuki here? An intermission to his plan or was he just preparing the stage for the next act to take place. Somewhere in himself, he did believe that he could live with her because as his says to himself “Finally, I have my favorite girl to spend eternity with”, and that’s his inner thoughts. But later on things change, perhaps Hino shall never reveal to us the pure moment when Kaname changes his opinion about his original plan. Now even the promise that he had made to her that he would prefer to kill her or to be he the one killed by her one hands seems like a preparation for what would follow...

As to the HW ancestor taking back the pieces, I would like to guess that the hunters had reached the limit of her heart which she threw on the furnace. Since her power had been distributed so much to the point that the main body (metal) can no longer continue existing, she has to reabsorb them again to continue existing until the last pureblood had been annihilated (some kind of energy conservation).

As to the weapons, I think those which she was not able to absorb like the Artemis and BR continued to exist and a part of her will still continue to exist in them as the power had been distributed upon creation..

A doubt I have is : as Bloody Rose and Artemis prototype are special anti - vampire weapons . Could be a way for them to act without the need of HW's spirit ?

Yes I still believe that BR and Artemis are good for now, even though we have not seen the rest weapons, but if she is released, would that be end of the fire and the weapons? this worries me as a final end...

The question is, what will Yuuki do to convince Kaname to reconsider when she's a very important factor why he came up with such decision?

Yes its her time to cease this theme. I am afraid though that may her wish may be no more drama to occur from further on, that her powers are limited. Kaname did not seem to bend to her efforts.

Another issue : As the Hunter's Headquarter's in ruins . No more anti vampire weapons to be used by hunters . Could this be the perfect opportunity for a real boss to appear . Seize the opportunity to eliminate the remaining lose ties that could be used to eliminate the last remaining purebloods alive .

Right now there is not many things that pinpoint to that direction, it seems that there is no villain in the script right now, other than Kaname, a villain in a twisted sense, since he tries to eliminate evil pureblood but you get my point.

Would at last get my fight between hunters and berserk vampires ?

Who knows? Hunters are really emptied in this chapter as it seems that HW wanted her power back nevertheless so that she could rest in peace. And their role until now did not manage to eliminate the bad pureblood, so Kaname hits the way again...I doubt anymore if we see them, activating in anything, other than several meetings.

Unless Kaname intends to sacrifice himself at the end and give them the power of the weapons so that they can protect humans against vampires as they do now. Even though without pureblood is there any need of them? Example nobles are also able to guard the lower masses.
    ButterflyWingsx
    ButterflyWingsx
    Level-E
    Level-E

Post by ButterflyWingsx Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:14 am

juliet wrote:It seems that the end she got a strange "wisdom".

Good question. Did she think her powers were being abused? Was it because Kaname was attacked she reacted so? Hopefully, in the future chapters we get some answers.

Sara surprised me too. So I guess Takuma is going to follow Kaname now.
    Kara
    Kara
    Common Vampire
    Common Vampire

Humor : A divine combination of irony and innuendo ;)

Post by Kara Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:35 am

Wow Shocked

This looks like a pretty interesting chapter. I few things which were brought up in the 'Chapter 85 Predictions' thread came into actuality! cheers

I liked that we now know for absolute certain that Kaname is indeed following in the Hooded Woman's will Smile I'm not sure how I feel about it, but it's good to have clarification from Kaname himself bounce

So it looks like Zero and Yuuki will head after Kaname now... Shocked

As for Sara....GOOD RIDDANCE~!! cheers cheers cheers

lol!

Hopefully Takuma can turn down his own path now, free of her influence...will he return to Kaname's side? confused
    arinicole1027
    arinicole1027
    Human

Post by arinicole1027 Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:43 am

So, it was the Ancestress will to do what Kaname is doing. sSc_jawdrop3

But something been troubling me since Kaname left Yuki to do what the Ancestress's will scratch and that would be Yume's relationship since Kaname seems to still have feelings for the Ancestress and vice versa and that Yuki was just a replacement which is why he was so overprotective of her since he didn't want her to suffer the same fate as the Ancestress and I do believe that the Ancestress has feelings for Kaname as well because she decided to be the sacrifice to create the hunter's weapons instead of him and last chapter she basically saved his life from being killed by Sara. So, I think there's more going on here than meets the eye between them. Vampire Knight 85 FULL RAWS! AND FIRST TRANSLATION! 1098764838

By the way, when is Hino-sensei going to tell us what her real name is? It's killing me explosive
    Kara
    Kara
    Common Vampire
    Common Vampire

Post by Kara Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:52 am

arinicole1027 wrote:
    By the way, when is Hino-sensei going to tell us what her real name is? It's killing me

Haha yes, I want to know when Hino will tell us as well Smile
    She's always referred to as the 'Hooded Woman', 'Ancestor Woman', or the 'Ancestress'. Maybe it will be revealed at the end. Or maybe the readers will never know. Another one of Hino's mysteries, forever unsolved... Evil or Very Mad

rofl
    Persia
    Persia
    Human

Humor : Crude, coarse, random

Post by Persia Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:33 pm

I'm pining for the old Takuma. I don't want him to become the villain.
    ariel
    ariel
    Pureblood Vampire
    Pureblood Vampire

Post by ariel Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:23 pm

TNX Nina!!!!!!!!!!! You're a tresure! Quite a messy chapt, right?
    aya-chan
    aya-chan
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Post by aya-chan Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:37 pm

arinicole1027 wrote:So, it was the Ancestress will to do what Kaname is doing. sSc_jawdrop3

But something been troubling me since Kaname left Yuki to do what the Ancestress's will scratch and that would be Yume's relationship since Kaname seems to still have feelings for the Ancestress and vice versa and that Yuki was just a replacement which is why he was so overprotective of her since he didn't want her to suffer the same fate as the Ancestress and I do believe that the Ancestress has feelings for Kaname as well because she decided to be the sacrifice to create the hunter's weapons instead of him and last chapter she basically saved his life from being killed by Sara. So, I think there's more going on here than meets the eye between them. Vampire Knight 85 FULL RAWS! AND FIRST TRANSLATION! 1098764838

I am not worried about yume - they're in love with each other. HW was an important person is kaname's past, but now his ONLY girl is yuuki. The question is what made kaname leaving yuuki in order to fulfill his OP. About this matter, Hino still refused to please our curiosity.

what I am worried about are the weapons. will they cease to work now that the HW spirit is "resting"? I hope it will not because this might lead to alot unpleasant things (in my pov).
    nina
    nina
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Post by nina Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:16 pm

ariel wrote:TNX Nina!!!!!!!!!!! You're a tresure! Quite a messy chapt, right?
    Arieluko hugs! sLo_BigBearHug sLo_BigBearHug sLo_BigBearHug
    Tooooo messy indeed… still I’m trying to decode many things without much of success though @_@

@Chacile, Juliet and Maria thanks for your thoughts … helps a lot cheers

About the weapons and the destruction of the HW/HA:

Still I’m not sure myself if the weapons are functioning or not … however for the time being I’m leaning that the remaining weapons still can work although my assumption is that the spirit of the HW is gone for good.
    Why I think so;

The mother metal tried to reclaim the weapons in order to accumulate its powers >>

Kaien: Is the original metal craving power for herself?

HW: If the fragments are not reclaimed, I’ll cool down… I have to take back my powers…

Why the HW wanted back her powers i.e. the weapons? >>

HW: I can’t die myself before destruction is complete… I have to hunt down purebloods who bring darkness to others…that’s the purpose of my existence.

Thus my interpretation is that the mother metal had started to lose power, to extinguish -due to the destruction of the furnace ???… due to the hunters’ ineffectively ???- the point is that it was essential for its survival to reclaim the weapons.

However eventually we saw the destruction of the mother metal >> page 20 of the scanlation when the flames of the metal broke into pieces.

Also from Kaname’s words “You’ve already done enough over the past 10.000 years. This is enough … so go to sleep…” I understand that the HW won’t “work” anymore as she did for 10000 years now.
    And right after the metal shatters into pieces the HA collapses too >>

Page 21
    Hunter: This place is going to collapse! Run! It’s not going to hold!
    Page 22
    Sara: Where…am I…? Wow…look at that…the association is collapsing…

So since the HA is destroyed I suppose the same goes for the furnace which was essential for the sustenance of the metal.

Sara: Look closely…Takuma. Look at this ugliness of purebloods. Look at how the ancestor who turned into nothing but a monster ends.

The above line even though that isn’t so clear to whom Sara is referring to I believe that she refers to the HW and not to Kaname because this portion is upon the panel where Sara sees from afar the demolished HA i.e. the end of the HW/ancestor who turned into a monster >>
    Vampire Knight 85 FULL RAWS! AND FIRST TRANSLATION! Jtuq7p

Also seems like the HW took back all or the majority of the weapons that were held by the hunters.
    However some of the weapons (Artemis, BR, Kaname’s sword) are still there …they didn’t turn into pieces like the metal, neither were absorbed so there must be a reason as of why Hino left these weapons … if are useless then what’s the point?

As chacile said above >>

That’s what I’m thinking too ^^

Now if so then this brings major changes though … changes which IMO are gearing towards the new era i.e. the era of the co-existence.

IF all the anti-vampire weapons (except from 3) have been absorbed from the mother metal and if the furnace has been destroyed (which means the hunters cannot make new ones) then this also means that the hunters will cease to exist? At least in the form that we knew thus far? I suppose yes.

For me at least it’s been clear that the hunters and their rationale are one of the factors which hindering the co-existence to bloom. Their unquenchable instinct for blood/killings which was stemming from the HW’s spirit ofc, plus the twisted notions that were established through the senate’s era have turned them into a system that not only didn’t do its job (killing PBs) but was abusing its power.

For example:
    - They seemed inefficient towards Sara’s evil plans and in general towards the PBs.
    - They still have the “law”/notion that killing vampires –regardless if are innocent or not- isn’t a crime. Plus their natural instinct to hate the vampires … not only the PBs; but all the vampires.

Some indications:

1. Kaname to the first hunters: Allow me to bestow some wisdom on you. Use this furnace to create weapons. Every one of you cannot escape the burden of your responsibility… (…or that hideous instinct that craves blood just as we do.) (volume 14)

The bolded phrase I think is one root of the problem … At that time this method (the creation of the hunters and with these instincts) might have been necessary or the only solution since the mankind was on the brink of destruction; however is this necessity still the same? That hideous instinct regards only the PBs; or applies for all the vampires now?
    Here’s the answer>>>

2. Zero to Hanabusa: That progenitor woman gave her life so that our ancestors had weapons that would kill vampires. And to that day the blood coursing through us still whispers that we must never forgive the inhumanity of the vampires.

Well I guess the lines are murkier now. It’s hard to tell which side is more inhumane…

Hanabusa: You got that right. You are pointing that gun at someone who’s no threat to you! Just because I’m a vampire (volume 14)

3. Rima: We vampires completely sink into the humans political and economic society and we must obey basic human laws… But the humans kill vampires they do not need to be punished…
    Even though we have a longer lifespan and more powerful abilities than humans other than our noble pride we don’t have anything that can protect and bind us. That would be great if the senate could utilize them properly …

http://manga.animea.net/vampire-knight-chapter-75-page-22.html

There are many such hints here and there which are indicating the same thing … that the hunters have became a “hindrance” for the co-existence now.

The nature of the PBs might haven’t change through millennia BUT the society has change … for example now the PBs are too few and the majority of the vampires are nobles, level C and D i.e. vampires which cannot turn humans into vampires.
    However as Zero says the blood of the HW still whispers to never forgive the inhumanity of the vampires … something which these days is turning the hunters against all the vampires indiscriminately.

So what I’m trying to say is that IMO the “project” hunters/HW’s will upon the weapons, it was about time to stop. And I think that this might was Kaname’s intention as well. I had this hunch from this Kaname’s line >>

Kaname: I can barely feel HER emotions in it anymore… (means HW emotions in the weapons) … These weapons are consumed with the desire to kill vampires (volume 14)

The above passage made me think that HW’s will had been somehow deviated from the initial goal or if you like the numerous killings and the blood that had fed these weapons had consumed all the (“human-ish”) emotions except from the desire to kill. Thus and the HW in the end turned into a monster which tried to kill even Yuuki.

So I think that the destruction of the HW, the weapons and the HA it was not only necessary but something which will lead the VK society to the next day in which I think that the new generation of vampires (like the members of the NC) will have an important role to play since the hunters/humans will be bound to cooperate with them for the regulation of the society.

If the above hypotheses are near to where Hino leads the plot then I do not think that any sacrifice will be done in order to revive the weapons. And if so neither I can see any big threat/another villain behind the scenes.

But all that is just a hypothetical direction which can be totally out of base … I’m not even convinced myself lol.
    Kara
    Kara
    Common Vampire
    Common Vampire

Post by Kara Sat Aug 25, 2012 3:05 pm

I enjoyed this chapter, although I don't think there was any particular moment that came as a surprise. Almost all new developments I remember reading in the 'Chapter 85 Predictions' thread. I recall some of the theories that 'Kaname will somehow talk to the HW', 'Kaname will disappear from the scene', 'Sara will die', 'We will discover the HW's intentions' and 'The HW will take more strength and power to fuel the furnace from Sara'. Smile
    The moment where the Hooded Woman finally decided to let go (or 'go to sleep') after Kaname assured her that he would continue her goal seems to indicate that we won't see as much of the HW now. This, I had not been expecting so quickly and found it quite bittersweet, really.
    But all in all, I think the majority of speculation was quite accurate.
    So in some ways, this chapter did give us a few answers and served as clarification on some points we already knew. Smile

None-the-less, I'm still intrigued as to how events might progress from this point forward; especially now that Sara is out of the picture. Shocked Does Sara's death signify the end of the corrupt blood tablet plot-line? What about the girls of Sara's harem? What will be Takuma's next move now that he is no longer affixed to Sara's side?

Will the hunters be 'inactive' until they can rebuild or find a new HA headquarters? Will their weapons be ineffective?

Are Zero and Yuuki really going to take off and hunt down Kaname together? Is Yuuki even allowed to do that (as in, leave Cross Academy for anything more than a short period of time)? She is, technically, still under 'arrest', or supervision from when Kaien took her into custody in Chapter 68. They took her in because she was the fiance of a 'wanted' man (Kaname), so that they could keep an eye on her.

So does that mean Yuuki is only allowed to leave indefinitely to track down Kaname if Zero stays by her side? affraid

Once again, Yuuki has professed her goal to stop Kaname and get answers. I'm hoping that (since the plot seems to be picking up the pace a little now) that Yuuki will not delay this and actively start her mission right away in the next chapter. For a while now, Yuuki has wanted to be independent and prove that she can be trusted as a responsible authority and pureblood. So I would like to see her put her words into actions and go out to search for and find Kaname bounce

Overall, it'll be interesting to see a slight change in plot over these latest developments.
    nina
    nina
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Post by nina Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:21 pm

The english scanlation of chapter 85 is up ^^

HERE enjoy!
    juliet
    juliet
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Post by juliet Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:09 pm

Τhank you Nina, i just saw the escalation of the chapter too and it seems that there are just so many things to talk about; the HW intention’s, hunter’s role from now on, Kaman’s plan...

However, I came up with a theory that might tend to explain some things (I am very hesitant again but ...what is left but trying to decipher things?)

The very first thing is these pages, i think that’s where the juicy staff is;

http://manga.animea.net/vampire-knight-chapter-85-page-15.html

Zero says that HW’ s target is the Weapons and the Purebloods, previously HW’s intention indeed tried to kill even Yuuki...

http://manga.animea.net/vampire-knight-chapter-85-page-14.html

So normally we should’t be having any doubts about HW’s intentions to bring an end to all pureblood since she sees them as “pureblood who draw others into darkness”...

http://manga.animea.net/vampire-knight-chapter-85-page-16.html

“I wont be destroyed until they have been...that is the meaning of my existence”...

I think that her attack to Kaname and even to Yuuki, means that she was gathering her powers back (the weapons), because she wanted to launch a more general attack on purebloods and finish them all.

http://manga.animea.net/vampire-knight-chapter-85-page-12.html
    http://manga.animea.net/vampire-knight-chapter-85-page-10.html

Both Zero and Cross wonder what is happening and why at such times, but i think that the attack of the HW had to do with her intention to gather weapons, meaning powers to kill the pureblood.

If she did not gather all her weapons, then spending all these energy meant that she would cool off as she said to Yuuki but she could not permit that, until her goal, the destruction of all pureblood to be completed.

And then the one that seems to stop this attack is Kaman’s promise that he shall succeed her. And this seems to stop at least her attack for now;

http://manga.animea.net/vampire-knight-chapter-85-page-20.html

So I’ve been thinking what is Kaname earning with such a promise?

I guess Yuuki’s salvation could be a plus, because if HW had intended to kill them all, as it seemed, then it’s logical that Kaname shall not stop now his plan because through that he can guarantee that Yuuki shall remain alive and will not be killed with the rest of the pureblood.

And I’ve been wondering how this role that Kaname had taken, a responsibility to bring an end to all pureblood is not just heaving him now but from the past. The long past...

He had taken that role and it is a responsibility that he could not avoid because as we see now HW had always been aware of the conditions and could easily attempt to kill pure bloods herself.

So if the pure bloods existence could be threaten in any way; two necessities arise for Kaname;

to keep the vampire society under control (Kuran monarchy)

to kill the ones that are an immediate danger himself

So I was wondering if perhaps his attempt to go to slumber was his own effort to cut the ties with the HW and this role...

Could this unwanted role, the burden to kill and eliminate pure bloods justify why he choose eternal slumber?

Then it’s his talk with Rido where it clearly shows that Kaname had decided to walk that path and he was devastated himself, not wanting to experience this;

“You really should have left me the way I was back then, quietly asleep inside this coffin...if only you hand’t taken that couple’s baby also named Kaname”...

So could this “role”, this responsibility or sort of blackmail that the HW’s existence poses for all purebloods, be the main reason that Kaname reaches total despair?

Also this part where Rido says to Kaname;

“The truth is that you don’t even have the faintest bit of hope left isn’t it?”

Hope for what? I was thinking; hope for escaping this role. Hope for finding other alternatives so himself would not step this path that has no return.

Kaname's ways of seeing things in a more fatalistic and destructive way;

http://manga.animea.net/vampire-knight-chapter-61-page-16.html

The world that you see is different from what i see...

here Yuuki's role is highlighted because in this case she is the indeed the only one that can give him hope to fight against this role and win this battle;

Then this page here;

Kaname’s determination, like having no other choice;

http://manga.animea.net/vampire-knight-chapter-74-page-31.html

Then in the past Kaname had the intention to change Yuuki back to human but if we assume that he knew that all pure bloods shall come to an end one day and he no longer could sustain the role of the killing machine, then this clarifies why he though as best solution to change her back in human and dying

http://manga.animea.net/vampire-knight-chapter-75-page-10.html

Also it all gives away the aura that Kaname never wanted that role; neither in his past, not now, he is following a plan to safe what it can or are worthy of being saved.

It seems also that he had been seeking other alternatives (zero, the hunters) in order not to commit these crimes but his plans did not work..

If the above theory is correct, then Kaname is seeking for a way out, and perhaps not only for Yuuki but also for other pure bloods that are not a true menace, only that right now he sees no other solution rather than succeeding the HW and so to stop the hate. In this case perhaps Yuuki can reach a solution and might be able to see through his excuses? I so much want to believe that Kaname is trapped, blocked and has no other choice because its either way; or him or the HW shall finish the pure bloods and its only a matter of what can be saved.

Also under such a threat (HW killing all purebloods) or Kaname doing the task with potentiality to secure Yuuki, would't justify Ruka's, Kain's stance and even Aido-dono's sacrifice as a last attempt to save whatever they can; something like a last shot...either kaname or nothing? explosive explosive

also at the last panel where Kaname seems to go to fetch Takuma;

http://manga.animea.net/vampire-knight-chapter-85-page-28.html

I tend to think that's because Takuma seems to know too much himself and had always been Kaname's ally since the beginning;

Isn't Takuma the one wondering at the car when Kaname hears of the twins when Kaname's plans had started?

http://manga.animea.net/vampire-knight-chapter-77-page-5.html

Which plan from all? I think his plan to find alternatives that shall eliminate the purebloods...

and isn't Takuma again at the chapter where Kaname changes Yuuki who is asking himself "Kaname when did you stop searching for alternatives?"

how Takuma knew all that? either from Kaname or Asato who also warned Aido-dono;

http://manga.animea.net/vampire-knight-chapter-65-page-34.html

to sacrifice one for the greater good...

At least at this phase we can say that at least according to Yuuki's calculation there is still a number of purebloods remaining and, either case, Hino should justify either their potential killings or saviour;

http://manga.animea.net/vampire-knight-chapter-56-page-29.html

And a more exaggerated theory;

Why does the Hanadagi guardian puts the blame to Sara and NOT kaname for her master?

http://manga.animea.net/vampire-knight-chapter-78-page-26.html

see the above scan is indicative...

could it be because she knows that Kaname acts like nemesis, could it be because that is a granted role for Kuran and her master was supposed to be sleeping as an informal contract so that there is no arise of the evil and thus reaction from the ancestor (so from the moment that he awakes there is no gate out)?

Is it possible what do you think?
    Kara
    Kara
    Common Vampire
    Common Vampire

Post by Kara Sun Aug 26, 2012 3:39 am

@Juliet:

I was going to quote you on your last post, but there's nothing in particular that I thought needed to be highlighted; I completely agree. I have to say, excellent theory there. You're very perceptive Very Happy  

What I think solidifies your theory in my mind is Kaname's motivation for wanting to keep Yuuki human. I'd always sort of wondered why Kaname would allow himself to suffer for 10 years seeing her growing up as a human without knowledge of who he really was. He clearly loved and missed her, so why did he wait until the brink of her sanity to finally bite her and take her back to his side as a Kuran pureblood?

Plus, like you pointed out, even before that he made plans to change her once again back to a human:
    http://manga.animea.net/vampire-knight-chapter-75-page-10.html  

Changing her to a human to keep Yuuki uninvolved in the eventual massacre of purebloods seems a likely explanation, I think. It's clear now that Kaname has always known of the HW's intentions against purebloods.

So he watched her grow up as a human, and delayed transforming her back into a pureblood to prolong her safety. Because Kaname did care for the HW as well and wants to help fulfill her will, but not at Yuuki's expense.

So it seems as though Kaname found a loophole to help and save both women he cared for:

Kaname will fulfill the HW's wish by protecting their society from the 'darkness of purebloods'. But before beginning the hunt, he intended to keep Yuuki human. Because if she were human, the HW wouldn't see a need to kill her as well and she would be out of harm's way.

In this way, I think Kaname has decided that Yuuki's safety and ultimate well-being takes precedence over his own happiness (i.e. keeping her by his side).

Poor Kaname  Sad  It seems as though he only wants what is best for Yuuki, after all  Crying or Very sad

juliet wrote:
    However, I came up with a theory that might tend to explain some things (I am very hesitant again but ...what is left but trying to decipher things?)

Don't hesitate to voice your thoughts  cheers  Thank you Juliet for sharing.  Smile

Speculation about character motivation and theorizing plot patterns makes the wait until the next installment seem to go by faster, at least for me  Smile

And it makes so much sense. It's consistent with what we already know, and it provides a probable explanation of past foreshadowing and vague conversations between characters. Unless Hino explicitly explains otherwise, I think I'll accept your theory as the truth here  Surprised  *Crosses fingers*

Last edited by Kara on Fri Oct 03, 2014 1:30 pm; edited 2 times in total
    mariangie
    mariangie
    Pureblood Vampire
    Pureblood Vampire

Humor : Mad Doctor

Post by mariangie Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:31 am

As no more anti - vampire weapons infused with HW's spirit . They are supposed to be rendered useless .

This means Kaname has no way to kill a pureblood vampire . Because in a normal fight between them , it will be a draw .

What appears to be the next step is. Kaname resolved to susbtitute HW as the new pureblood material to make a new metal furnace . Meaning Kaname will replace HW as the new spirit controlling the anti - vampire weapons .

The Kaname: "I’ll carry on your will." promise .

The problem here is if Yuuki will allow Kaname to die as a sacrifice to create new anti - vampire weapons .

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:57 am