Vampire Knight & Manga Forum

In order to fully enjoy the board and it's function, you can always log in or sign up to an account. Thank you...

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

In order to fully enjoy the board and it's function, you can always log in or sign up to an account. Thank you...

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Α forum dedicated to Hino's Matsuri best-seller manga Vampire Knight and the manga we love

Gallery

Vampire Knight 88 FULL RAWS AND TRANSLATION - Page 2 Empty

Latest topics

» Do you trust Hino?
Vampire Knight 88 FULL RAWS AND TRANSLATION - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2022 12:37 am by juliet

» Our Kaname is here!! Vampire Knight memories chapter 38
Vampire Knight 88 FULL RAWS AND TRANSLATION - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2022 12:35 am by juliet

» Vampire knight Memories 38
Vampire Knight 88 FULL RAWS AND TRANSLATION - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2022 4:18 am by juliet

» Where to Find Vampire Knight Memories Translation
Vampire Knight 88 FULL RAWS AND TRANSLATION - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2022 1:29 am by juliet

» The Final Countdown
Vampire Knight 88 FULL RAWS AND TRANSLATION - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2022 11:43 pm by juliet

» New VK Chapter is HERE!
Vampire Knight 88 FULL RAWS AND TRANSLATION - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 11, 2017 7:42 am by lililovelilica

» Links for Other Vampire Knight Forums and Sites that you like and enjoy!!
Vampire Knight 88 FULL RAWS AND TRANSLATION - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2016 7:25 pm by Saphira_K

» VK Memories CH 6!
Vampire Knight 88 FULL RAWS AND TRANSLATION - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2016 6:13 pm by Saphira_K

» VK Memories
Vampire Knight 88 FULL RAWS AND TRANSLATION - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2016 5:59 pm by Saphira_K

» New VK Chapter SPOILERS!
Vampire Knight 88 FULL RAWS AND TRANSLATION - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2016 5:47 pm by Saphira_K

» New VK Bonus Ch!!
Vampire Knight 88 FULL RAWS AND TRANSLATION - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2015 12:53 am by Saphira_K

» Translation of 'Fleeting Dreams'
Vampire Knight 88 FULL RAWS AND TRANSLATION - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2015 2:20 am by Saphira_K

» Bunko Editions
Vampire Knight 88 FULL RAWS AND TRANSLATION - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2015 2:18 am by Saphira_K

» New Vampire knight Extra
Vampire Knight 88 FULL RAWS AND TRANSLATION - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2015 2:15 am by Saphira_K

» The Musical (Original and Revive)
Vampire Knight 88 FULL RAWS AND TRANSLATION - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2015 2:40 am by Dreamiel

» NEW CHAPTER IN 2015?
Vampire Knight 88 FULL RAWS AND TRANSLATION - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2015 12:16 am by Unknown00

» Newbie in the forum...
Vampire Knight 88 FULL RAWS AND TRANSLATION - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2015 7:13 pm by aisan4494

» Who do you think Yuki loves more: Kaname or Zero?
Vampire Knight 88 FULL RAWS AND TRANSLATION - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2015 7:09 pm by aisan4494

» Zeki or Yume?
Vampire Knight 88 FULL RAWS AND TRANSLATION - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2015 7:04 pm by aisan4494

» So What will happen of Kaname?
Vampire Knight 88 FULL RAWS AND TRANSLATION - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2015 6:25 pm by matei alina

We and the Youtube

Poll

would you like to read a sequel of vk?or is hino thinking of writing one?
Vampire Knight 88 FULL RAWS AND TRANSLATION - Page 2 Bar_left59%Vampire Knight 88 FULL RAWS AND TRANSLATION - Page 2 Bar_right 59% [ 24 ]
Vampire Knight 88 FULL RAWS AND TRANSLATION - Page 2 Bar_left27%Vampire Knight 88 FULL RAWS AND TRANSLATION - Page 2 Bar_right 27% [ 11 ]
Vampire Knight 88 FULL RAWS AND TRANSLATION - Page 2 Bar_left15%Vampire Knight 88 FULL RAWS AND TRANSLATION - Page 2 Bar_right 15% [ 6 ]

Total Votes : 41

Friends

Terry Candy

+17
Duskola
norngpinky
chacile
Kara
mariangie
yuuki kiryuu
ButterflyWingsx
RIchard
Andre
MorningStar
kanachanimmortal
Fine of Fate
aya-chan
mangaxxanime
Evil in love
juliet
nina
21 posters

Vampire Knight 88 FULL RAWS AND TRANSLATION

nina
    nina
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Humor : Black sarcasm
    Warning ZoneVampire Knight 88 FULL RAWS AND TRANSLATION - Page 2 Dropsoa

Vampire Knight 88 FULL RAWS AND TRANSLATION - Page 2 Empty Vampire Knight 88 FULL RAWS AND TRANSLATION

Post by nina Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:40 pm

First topic message reminder :

http://tieba.baidu.com/p/2000918715

translation here: http://vampire-knight.livejournal.com/1015748.html

all thanks to all parts, for their contribution to this monthly VK experience...

English scanlation HERE

Last edited by nina on Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:48 pm; edited 1 time in total

MorningStar
    Human

Vampire Knight 88 FULL RAWS AND TRANSLATION - Page 2 Empty Re: Vampire Knight 88 FULL RAWS AND TRANSLATION

Post by MorningStar Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:58 pm

ButterflyWingsx wrote:I think it's stupid that Yuuki erased Zero's memories but if she succeed in turning Kaname human and Zero and Kaname meet and become friends that would be super cool. But Kaname would still be a target..I don't like the though of Kaname vulnerable with no memories and defenseless. Atleast, Zero will still be a vampire so even with his memories of Yuuki erased he will be able to defend himself. He might still fall to a Level-E but maybe Isaya will turn Zero into a human.

Hino sure rush the Zeki moments...like seriously. We have Yuuki in ch 86 saying she can't live with Zero that she belongs to Kaname. Then suddenly, she's kissing Zero in ch 87 and saying she wants to cherish the boy and likes/loves him that her feelings are real. And now, in Ch 88 she's fantasizing what it would be like if Zero and her met as humans and Kaname was her brother. I want to know why suddenly in these two chapters Yuuki is thinking about Zero when she had plenty of time to do so before and never did. LMAO.

I just find it funny and well I know Zekis don't care they're too happy...but Yuuki would rather die saving Kaname then put Kaname out of his misery by killing him and moving on with Zero. Shesh Yuuki...just be with Zero and cherish him like you want to and forget about Kaname already. Kaname don't care if you move on with Zero, in fact he probably expected it to happen.

She didn't rush Zeki moments at all.
    The confusion of chapter 86 happens because people misunderstand Yuuki, she was referring to her status and where he was. She did belong to Kaname since they were fiancees, and her & Zero have life spans issues and everything. The odds were against them. And Zero said they'll look into their relationship, thus Chapter 87/88. They explored it, and Yuuki realized she did have romantic feelings for him, as he still cares deeply for her like before. Reason why thinking/dreaming of that moment now is because she finally have a chance to look on her feelings about Zero. It fits together with the events happening currently. Before she never really had a chance to try. They're trying now.
    Well, ignoring the memory erasing part i suppose.
    @Yuuki killing K.
    Yuki couldn't kill him if she tried anyway, he's 1000 years old and shes only 17, not even Zeki team could bring him down. She's outmatched.
    Losing his powers is the only way like she said. Saving him....i see it more as stopping him.
    I don't think it has to do with shippings. Yuuki can't just walk to Kaname and sliced him in half, she struggled with Rido, there's no way she can take Kaname down. Its not that simple.
    Zero & Kaname becoming friends is nice, i would like to see it.

Last edited by MorningStar on Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:17 pm; edited 4 times in total
    Fine of Fate
    Fine of Fate
    Level-E
    Level-E

Humor : Irony: There is nothing better than poetic justice!

Vampire Knight 88 FULL RAWS AND TRANSLATION - Page 2 Empty Re: Vampire Knight 88 FULL RAWS AND TRANSLATION

Post by Fine of Fate Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:03 pm

Hmm, anyone here read Umineko no Naku Koro Ni? Hoping for that sort of end for Yume Vampire Knight 88 FULL RAWS AND TRANSLATION - Page 2 3751784264 It was both bittersweet and 100% romantic Vampire Knight 88 FULL RAWS AND TRANSLATION - Page 2 2554657431 Cried my eyes out Vampire Knight 88 FULL RAWS AND TRANSLATION - Page 2 36224405
    juliet
    juliet
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Humor : Anytime...

Post by juliet Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:10 pm

I think it's stupid that Yuuki erased Zero's memories but if she succeed in turning Kaname human and Zero and Kaname meet and become friends that would be super cool.

why is it stupid? For now, all that she cares is that Zero shall not stand in her way, preventing her from saving Kaname. I think that Yuuki understands far more at this point than what she shows, even though few things she has tell us herself;

1. That she is at the root of it > Kaname's actions > referred to previous chapter to Zero (if my memory does not trick me).

There is no use in Zero remembering her anyway (since she intends to die...)remember what? a girl that despite she knew his feelings chose to save someone else? bring him more pain?

But Kaname would still be a target..I don't like the though of Kaname vulnerable with no memories and defenseless.

Either this (where hunters might protect him) or dead > he is going to sacrifice. I know it's stupid as a thought (seriously Hino had nothing better to serve as Yuuki's resolution?) but if we just look it from Yuuki's point of view (dare to enter Yuuki's psychology), she is left with either that (taking a long shot to save him) or nothing... he shall die, it's above her powers to change anything. She tried everything. The good point is that she is as determined as Kaname is; that's mutual.

And now, in Ch 88 she's fantasizing what it would be like if Zero and her met as humans and Kaname was her brother. I want to know why suddenly in these two chapters Yuuki is thinking about Zero when she had plenty of time to do so before and never did. LMAO.

because that's the end of her? by the way about that kiss that they gave and all, I do not see and Zero super romantic. If he just kissed her out of romance where is the continuation? what i see is a Yuuki saying goodbye to him and mostly to all the other options that she may had; she still has options but she is choosing death. What are we talking about here?

Meanwhile that Yuuki's final moments with Zero (as she is thinking about them), so where is the passion? where is the "I do not want to lose you"? if he is so important to her why is she chosing to save Kaname? just out of obligation?

there are things that are superior, i guess she talked about a chunk of her heart there, now we just have to wait and see what she shall say about the rest of it...

perhaps she has said it already; " i shall die for you"...

Last edited by juliet on Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
    yuuki kiryuu
    yuuki kiryuu
    Human

Post by yuuki kiryuu Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:14 pm

Yuuki is bipolar haha, something to start with..I guess we all knew that

Can somebody please tell me what she meant when she said: "something..something (inside me) is desappearing! (?) absolutely no clue, her human side?? that disapeared long time ago haha

MorningStar wrote:Losing his powers is the only way.
    I don't think it has to do with shippings, but maybe she couldn't kill him?

Totally could be an option, but if Kaname is the only one who can be the succesor (and in that case to continue with the metal furnace, aparently he wants Isaya to sacriface), why she wants to stop him, I mean he is doing something good for the vampires, otherwise there won't be weapons for the hunters? or there is something else he wants to acomplish?? we know he wants to save Yuuki but I do believe, like he said in this chapter that he wanted to turn her into a human but couldn't, I guess that is what he wants to do.
    MorningStar
    MorningStar
    Human

Humor : The ironic kind.

Post by MorningStar Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:19 pm

yuuki kiryuu wrote:Yuuki is bipolar haha, something to start with..I guess we all knew that

Can somebody please tell me what she meant when she said: "something..something (inside me) is desappearing! (?) absolutely no clue, her human side?? that disapeared long time ago haha

Totally could be an option, but if Kaname is the only one who can be the succesor (and in that case to continue with the metal furnace, aparently he wants Isaya to sacriface), why she wants to stop him, I mean he is doing something good for the vampires, otherwise there won't be weapons for the hunters? or there is something else he wants to acomplish?? we know he wants to save Yuuki but I do believe, like he said in this chapter that he wanted to turn her into a human but couldn't, I guess that is what he wants to do.

I'm don't think Yuuki know that is what Kaname is planning to do.
    She just know, if my facts are right, that he is killing off PureBloods and fulfilling her-The Ancestress- wish.
    Kaname will have to inform her of this when they meet. As the reader we know more than Yuuki herself. She didn't hear Kaname & Isays conversation. Thats why she wants to stop him from killing Purebloods. He hadn't told her more than that, no one is.

Last edited by MorningStar on Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:22 pm; edited 2 times in total
    RIchard
    Level-E
    Level-E

Post by RIchard Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:20 pm

juliet wrote:Most likely the weapons, since Kaname's plan is to that direction. Isaya take an initiative on his own would not be that useful to Kaname. Despite everything, someone has to go for the weapons since this promise has to be fulfilled somehow.
    I doubt he was talking about the weapons, isaya doesn't have the desire to kill pb's that the hw and kaname have, so I don't think he would work out, he was most likely talking about yuki.

juliet wrote:yes, yes cheers it seems so, she must be searching the place where Kaname shall succeed the HW, so this way she can stop him, it all shows how determined she is to save him.
    That only works if yuki knew about kanames goals which at that point it is safe to say she didn't.

juliet wrote:Now the lava makes sense after all, but before Kaname goes to sacrifice, logically Yuuki shall prevent him by appearing and that shall earn time for whoever saviour wants to fulfill that role so that HW goes to rest and her final wish to exterminate all purebloods, never reaches an end.
    Not sure how the lava makes sense here? A volcano and a forge furnace are very different, the lava is made up of melted rock/stone and the furnace has melted metals, a stone tool/weapon is very brittle and easy to break.

Also about the yuki sacrifice and it as prof she loves him, I would gladly sacrifice my life to save ether of my sisters even though I cant stand being around them so that argument don't really work Razz
    yuuki kiryuu
    yuuki kiryuu
    Human

Post by yuuki kiryuu Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:23 pm

MorningStar wrote:
    yuuki kiryuu wrote:Yuuki is bipolar haha, something to start with..I guess we all knew that

I'm don't think Yuuki know that is what Kaname is planning to do.
    She just know, if my facts are right, that he is killing off PureBloods and fulfilling her wish.
    Kaname will have to inform her of this when they meet.

I think she fears that she saw the incident with the HW and the metal furnace spilling and that thing, Kaname said he was going to replace her and that she could rest now, or I just dreamt that?
    RIchard
    Level-E
    Level-E

Post by RIchard Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:27 pm

@yuuki kiryuu
    That was zero saying that stuff about his memories being taken away by yuki.
    juliet
    juliet
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Post by juliet Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:28 pm

RIchard wrote:
    juliet wrote:Most likely the weapons, since Kaname's plan is to that direction. Isaya take an initiative on his own would not be that useful to Kaname. Despite everything, someone has to go for the weapons since this promise has to be fulfilled somehow.
    I doubt he was talking about the weapons, isaya doesn't have the desire to kill pb's that the hw and kaname have, so I don't think he would work out, he was most likely talking about yuki.

juliet wrote:yes, yes cheers it seems so, she must be searching the place where Kaname shall succeed the HW, so this way she can stop him, it all shows how determined she is to save him.
    That only works if yuki knew about kanames goals which at that point it is safe to say she didn't.

juliet wrote:Now the lava makes sense after all, but before Kaname goes to sacrifice, logically Yuuki shall prevent him by appearing and that shall earn time for whoever saviour wants to fulfill that role so that HW goes to rest and her final wish to exterminate all purebloods, never reaches an end.
    Not sure how the lava makes sense here? A volcano and a forge furnace are very different, the lava is made up of melted rock/stone and the furnace has melted metals, a stone tool/weapon is very brittle and easy to break.

Also about the yuki sacrifice and it as prof she loves him, I would gladly sacrifice my life to save ether of my sisters even though I cant stand being around them so that argument don't really work Razz

wasn't Yuuki a witness when Kaname said that he shall succeed HW? of course she was, this is why i say that she comprehends more than she says...
    she saw Kaname's story, she knows that he was the one that had intention to be sacrificed in the first place, and at the end of his actions is there a way that she can see what? salvation?

Add to that she said to Yori that she would not erase her memories, the "last journey" phrase, all these after hearing the above line from Kaname. So...

a lava, a volcano isn't that like a living furnace? the heat? it must be directed somewhere, i think that's why Kaname released it. Under this view it makes sense, but only if you adopt it. I express my opinion, if you have a better idea that could tie all events up to here, feel free to express it, after all time shall show, i am not Hino, but it does make sense to me. Razz
    yuuki kiryuu
    yuuki kiryuu
    Human

Post by yuuki kiryuu Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:30 pm

RIchard wrote:@yuuki kiryuu
    That was zero saying that stuff about his memories being taken away by yuki.

Ohh didn't see the name of the character I thought it was Yuuki haha I am so exctatic that I read nonsense, which means I want an scanlation so badly! thanks Smile
    ButterflyWingsx
    ButterflyWingsx
    Level-E
    Level-E

Post by ButterflyWingsx Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:32 pm

MorningStar wrote:She didn't rush Zeki moments at all.
    Yes she did. I don't expect Zekis to agree. If Hino had build it up for us to expect the Zeki kiss, then I wouldn't think the Zeki moments were rushed...but Yuuki just kissed Zero out of the blue.

MorningStar wrote:The confusion of chapter 86 happens because people misunderstand Yuuki, she was referring to her status and where he was. She did belong to Kaname since they were fiancees, and her & Zero have life spans issues and everything. The odds were against them. And Zero said they'll look into their relationship, thus Chapter 87/88. They explored it, and Yuuki realized she did have romantic feelings for him, as he still cares deeply for her like before.
    I don't think people misunderstood Yuuki because Zero himself said: 'yes, you're Kaname's fiance.' So Zero and Yuuki were talking as if her and Kaname were still engaged...

Zero kissed Yuuki, then she drink his blood and erase his memories of her, all that happened in 2 chapters. Zeki was rushed. Hino could have explore Zeki romantically when Yuuki was held hostage by HA.

MorningStar wrote:@Yuuki killing K.
    Yuki couldn't kill him if she tried anyway, he's 1000 years old and shes only 17, not even Zeki team force could bring him down. She's outmatched.
    Losing his powers is the only way.
    Zero & Kaname becoming friends is nice, i would like to see it.
    I agree she couldn't kill him even if she tries, but I think Kaname expected for her to kill him. So her wanting to turn Kaname into human might change everything. Kaname will stop if Yuuki's life is in danger.

mariangie
    mariangie
    Pureblood Vampire
    Pureblood Vampire

Humor : Mad Doctor

Post by mariangie Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:40 pm

Well , if Hino did wanted to pull a Zeki end . She is aiming for the meet in next life aproach . Two strangers intended to fall in love . As their previous one it was impossible for them to be together . . But if this happens , at least I have the dubiuos honor to have said the story won't be longer than 1 volume or 5 chapters after the last Zeki kiss ( chapter 87 ) if the end was Zeki . As there wasn't more issues to resolve if Zeki except some explanations about Kaname's actions and if Kaname would be saved or not .

Actually it appears the story wasn't meant to be longer than 4 chapters ( and maybe an epilogue ) after the 87 . And a very rush end . Specially after Hino saying in the past arc 2 will be longer than arc 1 . And was the opposite .

But no matter , there is only 3 more chapters to see how this mess will end !!!

Maybe Kaname intends Isaya to turn Yuuki human ?

Do you know volcanic lava is not just a melt of gravel, rocks and stones ? It has many types of metals as components . Including iron , bronze , aluminium and titanium as others . Melt at very high temperatures , over 1000F - 1500 F degrees . Exactly the same temperatures required for metal to melt in a furnace . Making a volcano a natural furnace if Hino was trying pull that out .
    RIchard
    Level-E
    Level-E

Post by RIchard Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:46 pm

juliet wrote:a lava, a volcano isn't that like a living furnace? the heat? it must be directed somewhere, i think that's why Kaname released it. Under this view it makes sense, but only if you adopt it. I express my opinion, if you have a better idea that could tie all events up to here, feel free to express it, after all time shall show, i am not Hino, but it does make sense to me. Razz

actually you just gave me a real good laugh, I just imagine kaname throwing his heart into the volcano and crawling out like the hw did, he crawls out as a giant lava monster and goes to a pb castle then politely knocks on the door, the people on the inside say who is it, to which he replys, giant lava monster, would the pb lord of this castle be home at the moment? Razz

But no I don't have a theory tying every thing together just yet, there are still a few questions I need answers to before I can make one.

I have also been busy with my own story, which is taking a long time cause I keep revising it lol and I am not sure if I am writing it in the proper way, if only I knew how draw lol
    juliet
    juliet
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Post by juliet Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:49 pm

RIchard wrote:
    juliet wrote:a lava, a volcano isn't that like a living furnace? the heat? it must be directed somewhere, i think that's why Kaname released it. Under this view it makes sense, but only if you adopt it. I express my opinion, if you have a better idea that could tie all events up to here, feel free to express it, after all time shall show, i am not Hino, but it does make sense to me. Razz

actually you just gave me a real good laugh, I just imagine kaname throwing his heart into the volcano and crawling out like the hw did, he crawls out as a giant lava monster and goes to a pb castle then politely knocks on the door, the people on the inside say who is it, to which he replys, giant lava monster, would the pb lord of this castle be home at the moment? Razz

But no I don't have a theory tying every thing together just yet, there are still a few questions I need answers to before I can make one.

I have also been busy with my own story, which is taking a long time cause I keep revising it lol and I am not sure if I am writing it in the proper way, if only I knew how draw lol

basaltic lava at ~1,100 to 1,200°C (for comparison, your oven on broil is ~275°C). Just as Mariangie said, lava can melt absolutely anything.
    RIchard
    Level-E
    Level-E

Post by RIchard Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:00 pm

mariangie wrote:Do you know volcanic lava is not just a melt of gravel, rocks and stones ? It has many types of metals as components . Including iron , bronze , aluminium and titanium as others . Melt at very high temperatures , over 1000F - 1500 F degrees . Exactly the same temperatures required for metal to melt in a furnace . Making a volcano a natural furnace if Hino was trying pull that out .
    Yes I am aware of that, however the stone is in much larger volumes and the metals tend to sink to the bottom cause they are heavier/more dense then the stone. I am also aware of the temperatures involved and just what those temperatures are able to do.

Edit: But I get what you are saying, it is true that a volcano is a natural furnace even if it cant be used, just be careful not to touch the lava Razz

Last edited by RIchard on Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:12 pm; edited 2 times in total
    MorningStar
    MorningStar
    Human

Humor : The ironic kind.

Post by MorningStar Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:06 pm

Okay here's my personal opinions, not saying you're wrong but i appreciate how we're discussing this cheers My reply:
    ButterflyWingsx wrote:
    Yes she did. I don't expect Zekis to agree. If Hino had build it up for us to expect the Zeki kiss, then I wouldn't think the Zeki moments were rushed...but Yuuki just kissed Zero out of the blue.

Of course they won't agree, and vice versa sure Yumes wont agree.
    Hino has built up Zeki continuously arc through arc. And i much as i love Yume, i think this is true.
    ENEMY problem, Jumped over that hurdle.Zero accepting himself,jumping that as well and finally Yuuki facing her insecurities = Jumped over that too recently with the mask. Exploring her feelings finally, opening her heart.
    Zero told Yuuki they were going to explore their feelings= Chapter 87/88, so i disagree it was out of the blue. Now that most of their problems are gone.
    This could've been the moment that breaked or made Zeki
    It made them, not broke them because behind her mask she opened her heart without the problem she had dweling. Yuuki couldn't just called him a childhood friend.
    She didn't.
    Zeki has been developing, she obviously was hurt by him with the enemy status, she admitted to Kaname that half her heart was owned by him, her thirst, in no way was this out of the blue.
    Its pretty late.
    What surprising that it took THIS LONG. There has been hints Yuuki felt romantically about Zero. Hints Scattered across the arcs. Zeki is subtle, but its there.

I don't think people misunderstood Yuuki because Zero himself said: 'yes, you're Kaname's fiance.' So Zero and Yuuki were talking as if her and Kaname were still engaged...

Zero kissed Yuuki, then she drink his blood and erase his memories of her, all that happened in 2 chapters. Zeki was rushed. Hino could have explore Zeki romantically when Yuuki was held hostage by HA.

Wouldn't have worked, Zero saw her as a Vampire, not the girl who died, Yuuki was still insecure about their enemy status. They grew up in these few chapters, thats why its working now. Before they were immature.
    Now they're facing up. They've hopped over this, that's why its presented now.

I agree she couldn't kill him even if she tries, but I think Kaname expected for her to kill him. So her wanting to turn Kaname into human might change everything. Kaname will stop if Yuuki's life is in danger.

He needs to accept the light already.
    She could change his mind possibly. And yeah he'll stop if Yuuki really going to throw her life, he's not going to let her do that.

Last edited by MorningStar on Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
    juliet
    juliet
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Post by juliet Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:23 pm

RIchard wrote:
    mariangie wrote:Do you know volcanic lava is not just a melt of gravel, rocks and stones ? It has many types of metals as components . Including iron , bronze , aluminium and titanium as others . Melt at very high temperatures , over 1000F - 1500 F degrees . Exactly the same temperatures required for metal to melt in a furnace . Making a volcano a natural furnace if Hino was trying pull that out .
    Yes I am aware of that, however the stone is in much larger volumes and the metals tend to sink to the bottom cause they are heavier/more dense then the stone. I am also aware of the temperatures involved and just what those temperatures are able to do.

Edit: But I get what you are saying, it is true that a volcano is a natural furnace even if it cant be used, just be careful not to touch the lava Razz

doesn't it cool down? instead of being judgemental all day long, try to contribute with a thought or two, at least we are trying here. Lava sounds a good idea if Kaname intends to blend in this his powers. Now how the hunters shall use it from further on it's another story, which i do not care to hear...

it's sad but it fits Kaname's description because he is far too powerful to die in another way and he wants his powers to be deposited somewhere, not just to die. Hino can be playing with the idea, but to be honest i also do not hear a better one if how he might intend to sacrifice himself, taking the HW's position and offering his powers, he shall do it...

hopefully we shall never reach that point (however he intends to sacrifice with or without Lava), ho ho Yuuki is on the rescue...(even though that's a scary thought LOL, whatever I shall take it, it's Hino's will, who am i to doubt her?)
    RIchard
    Level-E
    Level-E

Post by RIchard Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:21 am

If anyone is interested
    http://manga.animea.net/vampire-knight-chapter-88.html

@juliet
    I am sorry I assumed that adding a Razz at the end suggested it was meant as a joke, I was trying to say I understand your point now then to add some thing funny, but apparently it wasn't very funny.
    ButterflyWingsx
    ButterflyWingsx
    Level-E
    Level-E

Post by ButterflyWingsx Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:06 am

@juliet

juliet wrote:why is it stupid? For now, all that she cares is that Zero shall not stand in her way, preventing her from saving Kaname.

There is no use in Zero remembering her anyway (since she intends to die...)remember what? a girl that despite she knew his feelings chose to save someone else? bring him more pain?

Yes, but don't you think it's unfair to Zero? It's wrong of her to take away Zero's memories. I think it's stupid because her plan will probably back fire...Zero will probably remember her despite her attempt to make him forget her. He could also seek revenge on Kaname and go on a killing spree or something because he will remember Kaname and his hatred of Purebloods, but he'll forget Yuuki the person that helped him stay sane.

It's not so much him remembering a girl that despite she knew his feelings chose to save someone else...it's just not right to take his memories like that and Zero will probably remember which will be worse, IMO. He will be miserable for the rest of his life knowing Yuuki died. And probably angry she did that...

juliet wrote:because that's the end of her? by the way about that kiss that they gave and all, I do not see and Zero super romantic. If he just kissed her out of romance where is the continuation? what i see is a Yuuki saying goodbye to him and mostly to all the other options that she may had; she still has options but she is choosing death. What are we talking about here?

Meanwhile that Yuuki's final moments with Zero (as she is thinking about them), so where is the passion? where is the "I do not want to lose you"? if he is so important to her why is she chosing to save Kaname? just out of obligation?

there are things that are superior, i guess she talked about a chunk of her heart there, now we just have to wait and see what she shall say about the rest of it...

perhaps she has said it already; " i shall die for you"...

Oh I agree, there's not this super romantic moment between them becoz everything is done in a rush as Yuuki is running out of time. But it's bittersweet in a way she feels that this is the only way Zero won't get hurt is if he forgets her. She is desperate to save Kaname from dying even if it means killing herself and leaving Zero behind. I still think it's wrong of her to erase Zero's memories of her...but I guess I get why she did it. Still stupid, IMO.

Now that Yuuki has explore the chunk of her heart that belongs to Zero in these 2 chapters. What will happen when she confronts Kaname in the end? Will she tell Kaname I'm sorry but I just realized I love Zero more...I only see you as a brother? Or will she realize who she loves more now that she has explore that chunk of her heart? Kaname can't run away forever...Yuuki and him are bound to have a final moment...and hopefully the LT will be resolved.

@MorningStar

MorningStar wrote:Hino has built up Zeki continuously arc through arc. And i much as i love Yume, i think this is true.
    Yes MorningStar, Hino continuously build their friendship. Why I felt they were rushed romantically is because Yuuki had time to explore what she felt for Zero and didn't. At the last minute before she plans on sacrificing herself for another man, that's when she kissed him and then attempted to erase his memories. It all happened in 2 chapters which = they were rushed.

MorningStar wrote:ENEMY problem, Jumped over that hurdle.Zero accepting himself,jumping that as well and finally Yuuki facing her insecurities = Jumped over that too recently with the mask. Exploring her feelings finally, opening her heart.
    Oh exploring her feelings I get, but it was still rushed. Why because up until Ch 87 Yuuki was still seeing Zero as a friend. It would have felt less rushed if Yuuki was thinking about her love for Zero and then they kissed...much more romantic. But it was just thrown in there.

MorningStar wrote:Zero told Yuuki they were going to explore their feelings= Chapter 87/88, so i disagree it was out of the blue. Now that most of their problems are gone.

I don't ship Zeki so even if they were rushed it makes no difference to me. I'm just saying...it was out of the blue, at least IMO it was. Again, I don't expect Zekis to agree they probably think it was all building up to this moment...but really it's because Kaname left Yuuki she herself didn't make an attempt on her own to go after Zero.

MorningStar wrote:This could've been the moment that breaked or made Zeki
    It made them, not broke them because behind her mask she opened her heart without the problem she had dweling. Yuuki couldn't just called him a childhood friend.
    She didn't.
    Zeki has been developing, she obviously was hurt by him with the enemy status, she admitted to Kaname that half her heart was owned by him, her thirst, in no way was this out of the blue.
    Its pretty late.
    What surprising that it took THIS LONG. There has been hints Yuuki felt romantically about Zero. Hints Scattered across the arcs. Zeki is subtle, but its there.

Exactly. It's pretty late like you said, which is why it was rushed. If Yuuki had started exploring her feelings for Zero in earlier chapters it wouldn't have felt rushed and neither would her suddenly kissing him seem out of the blue. But now after reading ch 88, I don't think Yuuki kissed him becoz she planned to be with him but maybe it was a goodbye kiss since she erased his memories and plan to die. Hino had to address Zeki feelings at one point I get that...it was rushed becoz of how fast it all happened.

MorningStar wrote:Wouldn't have worked, Zero saw her as a Vampire, not the girl who died, Yuuki was still insecure about their enemy status. They grew up in these few chapters, thats why its working now. Before they were immature.Now they're facing up. They've hopped over this, that's why its presented now.

Wow. So Yuuki grew up in half a chapter? When Zero decided to dance with her she suddenly grew up? She didn't grow up at all, IMO. I find a lot of the things that happened in Ch 87/88 sad and funny. Sad that Yuuki suddenly kissed Zero when she find out he CAN dance. All it took was Zero dancing with her...haha. All jokes aside, their moments were rushed like Hino needed to address Zeki before the end so within 2 chapter she made them kiss and then have Yuuki erase Zero's memories of her. And Yuuki didn't even address her feelings for Kaname yet. Now that she has kissed Zero she will have to face Kaname and will her feelings be no more for Kaname or will she realize who she loves more? Or will she be a coward and die rather than choosing to be with who she loves. Or maybe she's choosing to die for who she loves but who knows we will see how it will all end.

Last edited by ButterflyWingsx on Thu Nov 22, 2012 3:14 am; edited 3 times in total
    RIchard
    Level-E
    Level-E

Post by RIchard Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:38 am

I would like confirmation on some thing, in the scanalation it says the last arch starts in the march issue, I would like know if that is translated right cause if it is the final arch that means that there can be more then 1 volume left cause archs are made up of multiple chapters/volumes.

I wonder if kaname gets turned human or makes him self the new parent maybe zero becomes the final villain in the last arch now that his fail safe [yuki] has been removed. If the vampire side of zero takes over I can see him going after pb, vampire, and hunter, maybe even humans.
    Kara
    Kara
    Common Vampire
    Common Vampire

Humor : A divine combination of irony and innuendo ;)

Post by Kara Thu Nov 22, 2012 3:26 am

This chapter made me feel quite sympathetic towards Zero, to be honest... Crying or Very sad I can understand why Yuuki aimed to erase Zero's memories (because she didn't finish and the chapter ended there, we'll have to wait until January to find out if she managed to erase all memory of herself), but still...poor Zero. I think memories of Yuuki were his only memories that were even a little bit happy after he lost his family.

Especially Kaname as well. He did in fact watch the girl he loved kiss Zero. That would've been so painful for him, with all the time he spent pining after her at the academy while she was staying with Zero pale Poor Kaname....

I think the only character I didn't really feel that much sympathy for was Yuuki scratch Sure, she made some tough choices here that might prove difficult for her in the future, but I'm still stuck on what she did to Zero and Kaname to be sympathic towards her at this stage. Shocked

Despite all the misery, I did enjoy this chapter Smile I thought that a few things were clarified, and there were some events I was definitely not expecting. The major plotpoints set up within this chapter were:

1. Kaname's clarification that he does indeed plan to sacrifice himself for the good of the hunters.

2. Yuuki's desire to rid Zero of the burden she 'inflicted' upon him.

3. Yuuki's goal to turn Kaname into a human (which we were familiar with from the spoilers leaked prior to the full raws, so it wasn't that much of a surprise).

To be honest, I think that the last surprise there was actually a good mirror reflection of the past. This arc has been sort of like a role reversal of the first arc and this just keeps to that pattern. And I'm glad that Hino's main plot seems to have some definite direction now, and will hopefully start picking up the pace. I'm eager to see how this will pan out. Very Happy

As for the LT....well Shocked

It seems that, at this stage, neither Yume or Zeki is going to work out in the end. With everyone's current goals, it's just borderline impossible for each pairing unless the characters first come to some other resolution Crying or Very sad

How exhausting it would be to find out that all the flame wars over the LT were for nothing in the end Razz

However, I suppose there were some good aspects for both ships, if you're being optimistic scratch

For Yume:

Yuuki's intention to turn Kaname into a human. Most Kaname fans don't seem to like this idea, but I think it was sort of sweet. Kaname had sacrificed so much for her to be happy in safe when she was turned into a human. Now she wants to do the same for him.

She won't kill Kaname. To be honest, I never thought that she would seriously consider that. She loves him too much. Her goal of turning him into a human will conflict with his current goal to sacrifice himself, so I'm hoping we'll get to see Yuuki do everything in her power to save him Vampire Knight 88 FULL RAWS AND TRANSLATION - Page 2 36224405

But if she were to succeed (hypothetically speaking, because I don't think she's capable of it at this stage) wouldn't there be a possibility that he would forget her? How sad to think that with Yuuki's actions there is a POSSIBILITY that neither Kaname nor Zero will even remember her.

For Zeki:

This chapter cemented the fact that Zero still cares a great deal for Yuuki, given that he was so upset at the thought of losing his memory of her. He would rather carry the burden of his feelings / attachment to her than have clarity of mind without her, which was sweet.

Zero being my favorite character, I loved his stubbornness there. But I didn't find this particularly romantic, though. Even though he does seem to see her in a romantic light, Yuuki's just very important to Zero in a lot of ways, so he's adverse to losing her.

As of the end of this chapter, the only way I can see them ever being together is if both Yuuki and Zero have their memories of the other erased and turn back into humans. It would have to be like the scenario Yuuki was describing during this chapter; they'd just have to start from scratch, which doesn't seem that likely pale

Overall, this wasn't a romantic chapter. It was just sad all around, in my opinion Sad
    chacile
    chacile
    Level-E
    Level-E

Post by chacile Thu Nov 22, 2012 3:34 am

I suppose, Kaname is really being cherished.. Oh my majestic and almighty Kaname – sama!! After shaking off Ruka and Kain’s support and loosing Serien, he had with him 3 equally competent companions. I’m very happy of the fact that Takuma is back to Kaname’s side, not merely as an observant like I supposed as Sara said.

I will give Yuuki a credit for choosing death over living in a world without Kaname (she stands true to her words in front of the door with the crest), though I will let the kiss with Zero pass and her what if thoughts just before she takes his memories.

So now that Kaname is bent on becoming the new “furnace”, it maybe Isaya who will take charge in turning Yuuki into human. I don’t think that Isaya’s offer is to substitute him in becoming the “ancestor’s metal”, for even if he will try.. it might still be the same as that with the HW which only lasted for thousands years. If Kaname had thought of long term, then melting his entire being to the lava will be the best option. For one, lava never cools down and never run out of source, making him an integral part of the world (with all his thoughts and feelings) for the generations to come. I had painfully thought of an ending where Yuuki will be able to catch up with Kaname but she will never be able to even attempt her plan because Isaya will be there to hinder her.

Though, I had hoped of a different ending.. with the course of events, the probability of Kaname’s intentions winning has the highest probability (he is unstoppable after all). With his consciousness remaining on the lava, he will surely be able to take care of her wherever she maybe, while living happily as a human. This will sure open the door to a Zeki ending, where Zero and Yuuki will meet with different circumstances.. though just thinking about it, hurts my Yume heart.

There’s also another way to it, though, with only a hair strand of possibility. For Takuma’s wish to come true for Kaname and Yuuki to just disappear somewhere, with this, Kaname can let Isaya as a substitute of being a source of the furnace.

Aah-aah.. and I have hoped that Kaname will take Yuuki to the place where the rose blooms once every ten years, that may happen.. just in a different way. But really, I love Isaya in this chapter.. he’s very practical and reasonable, worthy enough to stand as Kaname’s ally.
    ButterflyWingsx
    ButterflyWingsx
    Level-E
    Level-E

Post by ButterflyWingsx Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:34 am

chacile wrote:I suppose, Kaname is really being cherished.. Oh my majestic and almighty Kaname – sama!! After shaking off Ruka and Kain’s support and loosing Serien, he had with him 3 equally competent companions. I’m very happy of the fact that Takuma is back to Kaname’s side, not merely as an observant like I supposed as Sara said.

Same here. I'm glad Takuma is by Kaname's side again. Sara treated him as a pet.. Really, Kaname is being spoiled. Takuma, and now Shiki and Rima too. And Isaya has become an ally as well.

Kara wrote:I think the only character I didn't really feel that much sympathy for was Yuuki scratch Sure, she made some tough choices here that might prove difficult for her in the future, but I'm still stuck on what she did to Zero and Kaname to be sympathic towards her at this stage. Shocked
    oh, I love your post and I couldn't have said it better myself...I've always defended Yuuki in the past and I believed in her character..that is until she did what she did to Kaname and Zero which makes me a bit upset at her.

Hino can't please both sides she'll just ruin Yuuki's character with her being indecisive. What will Yuuki do if Zero still remembers and he comes to her rescue?

Evil in love
    Evil in love
    Level-E
    Level-E

Post by Evil in love Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:27 am

I totally disagree with Butterflywing. As a yume to see you said that is a bit rough for me. There is no hope for yuuki to stop kaname, what she will do is bad for zero to see it. In other word, she is protecting zero but in her way. Since she cant live with him, the only way is to ease his momory about her unlike yori, she kept her memory there because she won't return to her.

She has no choice, zero will follow her everywhere and what she decided is to kill herself, do you think zero want that? I don't think so. Her main goal is to stop kaname more than anything else. She is trying her best to protect everyone. You only think in zero's favor but not also in yuuki's and kaname's. This is about love as well but diffirent kind of love between both men. I had no doubt when she was human that she could easily end up with zero but in reality she is a kuran pureblood. Kaname is a kuran as well as yuuki only here can turn kaname into human (the blood related). They both kaname and yuuki even have the samr thought to protect each other. I believe if she could use her anti weapon (now there is not anti weapon) she would prefere to turn kaname into human, not kill him with her weapon.

As for zero he is vampire hunter but since he can't use his BR he has nothing to go against bad vampires.

Sorry to say this but i read your comments i just found you are baise to zero.. I feel a bit sad for him too but if yuuki didnt do anything to him so she couldnt stop kaname. She chooses to do it freely with her desperated feeling.

I will write it more when i am home, using mobile is not smooth for me XD.
    kanachanimmortal
    kanachanimmortal
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Warning ZoneVampire Knight 88 FULL RAWS AND TRANSLATION - Page 2 Drops5black

Post by kanachanimmortal Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:01 am

i find this a pretty pathetic ending compared to what we all expected though hino already told us that the story was tragic.she said that she didn't want to write comedy on vamps but tragedy.
    i think kaname will succeed in his plans,so far he succeeded and i hate to say this but yuuki will not die and become human,that will happen and zero also becomes human somehow and then they will again meet at a ball where they fall in love.but a problem is there yuuki's spell breaking capability,i wonder how hino will fill that gap. scratch

it was all like a dream which totally justifies the line

"i will show you a sweet dream next time"
    so i pretty much think it will be a zeki ending.
    if hino turns pages in end then i can't say anything on that.anything can happen in the end but this is my strong speculation.
    but to be frank i now find it highly boring because i expected much more epicness from hino. Vampire Knight 88 FULL RAWS AND TRANSLATION - Page 2 1331846141
    i can say that i won't be sad with end of vk because this story became something really worthless.many characters remained undeveloped and served nothing.i expected a battle between yuuki and kaname with epic scenes.hino needs to add many spices to her stories in coming future.i am not a professional critic and never understood this story to be honest,it is just coming from her reader and atleast i have this much power to criticize hino as her reader. aha on other note i also
    i highly doubt yuuki will be able to erase his memories because duh she needs to please zero fans as well. Vampire Knight 88 FULL RAWS AND TRANSLATION - Page 2 471363817
    norngpinky
    norngpinky
    Level-E
    Level-E

Post by norngpinky Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:43 pm

My heart is breaking reading this chapter. I mean, while I have always believed and supported Yume, I could see a happy Zeki ending too. Either way, I know I'll feel sad for either Kaname and Zero. I still want Yume to happen but it seems like neither will. I just THEN wonder what is this whole point of dragging out the love triangle for so long when in the end neither will occur.

It could be that the very goal was to have the vampires and humans co-exist. Still beats me though when I think of our 3 main characters. Will none of them have a happy ending and be the one they love?

Well it is a very complicated situation scratch And I know a lot of you guys aren't a big fan of Yuki right now, but what do you think she should have done since the beginning now that the pieces are falling into place?

It's no question that Yuki loves Kaname and Zero very much, but the love is probably different.

Now reading some of you guys' post...I do think that it could be a good ending if Yuki and Zero end up as humans and meet as humans...Would they fall in love and live an ordinary life? However, aren't we short of one person to turn BOTH of them human? Zero's memories might be erased but he is still a vampire isn't it?

There has to be a new source, a new "parent" to keep the PB/vampires in check, so I can also see a Yume ending too if Asaya becomes the parent...only if Yuki truly loves Kaname more in the romantic light and Zero not remembering Yuki at all... But even so will she be able to be happy not having Zero around. Perhaps she will be when she knows it's for the best for Zero. As in reverse, Kaname will be if he knows Yuki and Zero will be happy together.

So someone will die or lose their memories forever, ne?

Though is there a guarantee that IF either Yuki or Kaname got turned into a human that their memories as a vampire won't return? (**MAYBE Yuki is like Bella, where one of her special abilities is to reject certain things??? ;D)

Urgh...

AND, does a vampire-turned-human age normally and life a human life span?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:53 pm