Vampire Knight & Manga Forum

In order to fully enjoy the board and it's function, you can always log in or sign up to an account. Thank you...
Vampire Knight & Manga Forum

Α forum dedicated to Hino's Matsuri best-seller manga Vampire Knight and the manga we love

Gallery


Latest topics

» Links for Other Vampire Knight Forums and Sites that you like and enjoy!!
Sun Aug 21, 2016 7:25 pm by Saphira_Kuran

» VK Memories CH 6!
Thu Aug 18, 2016 6:13 pm by Saphira_Kuran

» New VK Chapter is HERE!
Sun Jun 19, 2016 8:08 pm by Saphira_Kuran

» VK Memories
Wed Jun 01, 2016 5:59 pm by Saphira_Kuran

» The Final Countdown
Wed Jun 01, 2016 2:52 am by Saphira_Kuran

» New VK Chapter SPOILERS!
Mon Apr 18, 2016 5:47 pm by Saphira_Kuran

» New VK Bonus Ch!!
Fri Dec 18, 2015 12:53 am by Saphira_Kuran

» Translation of 'Fleeting Dreams'
Wed Sep 09, 2015 2:20 am by Saphira_Kuran

» Bunko Editions
Wed Sep 09, 2015 2:18 am by Saphira_Kuran

» New Vampire knight Extra
Wed Sep 09, 2015 2:15 am by Saphira_Kuran

» The Musical (Original and Revive)
Sun Aug 23, 2015 2:40 am by Dreamiel

» NEW CHAPTER IN 2015?
Mon Jun 01, 2015 12:16 am by Unknown00

» Newbie in the forum...
Fri May 01, 2015 7:13 pm by aisan4494

» Who do you think Yuki loves more: Kaname or Zero?
Fri May 01, 2015 7:09 pm by aisan4494

» Zeki or Yume?
Fri May 01, 2015 7:04 pm by aisan4494

» So What will happen of Kaname?
Thu Mar 19, 2015 6:25 pm by matei alina

» Does anybody think Yuki wasted time in Chapter 93?
Tue Dec 30, 2014 6:49 am by HomieV

» Symbolism Blog on VK & New Novel!!
Wed Dec 17, 2014 6:39 pm by Kara

» Ever "missed" a Chapter?
Tue Oct 14, 2014 1:35 am by Katherine

» What kind of feeling?
Mon Oct 06, 2014 1:03 am by Saphira_Kuran

We and the Youtube

Poll

would you like to read a sequel of vk?or is hino thinking of writing one?
59% 59% [ 24 ]
27% 27% [ 11 ]
15% 15% [ 6 ]

Total Votes : 41

Friends


Terry Candy


    zero...........OH!.....

    Share
    avatar
    laurel kingstone
    Human

    Posts : 6
    Join date : 2013-06-14
    Location : Deep forest of Fantasy land
    Warning Zone

    zero...........OH!.....

    Post by laurel kingstone on Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:32 pm

    i don't like the end of vk....why zero is dead?  why?....please alive again.....please!!palepalepalepalepalepalescratch
    avatar
    Katt
    Human

    Posts : 17
    Join date : 2013-01-25
    Location : Cold Ice Tundra
    Warning Zone

    Re: zero...........OH!.....

    Post by Katt on Fri Jun 28, 2013 6:40 am

    Only Purebloods are truly immortal, they live for thousands of years. Since there isn't a bunch of Purebloods running around, I'm assuming (I do believe this was mentioned earlier in the manga) that they either are killed or they eventually place themselves in an 'eternal sleep'. I don't think Purebloods can die 'naturally'.

    In VK vampirism was portrayed like a disease or defect (which makes sense since a 'cure' is found in the end), so when turned into a vampire (or have human blood mixed in the lineage aka nobles) they're given extraordinary abilities and a longer life span but eventually they die, since they weren't born with pure vampire blood. It was also mentioned that humans turned vampire have a high chance of dying instead of turning because their bodies might reject the 'vampirism' or they go beserk (level-e). I believe most non-Purebloods live less then a thousand years; that's why they said that being a Pureblood was lonely, because you outlive all others.

    Zero wasn't a Pureblood, while drinking Yuuki, Kaname and in turn Shizuka's blood might have extended his powers and longevity, he's only a human turn vampire.

    I believe Hino wanted to give a finality to the LT and the characters, so to have Zero dead and afterwards have Yuuki sacrifice herself. They both had the chance to 'live' life and it was Kaname's time to live a life in peace (I suppose, still don't like it).
    avatar
    juliet
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

    Posts : 5018
    Join date : 2010-05-05
    Location : Deep, deep forest
    Humor : Anytime...
    Warning Zone

    Re: zero...........OH!.....

    Post by juliet on Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:19 pm

    In general the cure acted like restoring the vampirism, and it seems like changing vampires back to humans, finally restored and the climate's change alteration, because vampires came from humans but let's say from an interruption in mother nature, it was never a separate kind to start with.

    I guess that Hino treats vampires in this way resolving the co-existence in this way, as though co-existence was a necessity just as long as no other solution existed.

    So by turning Kaname also to human, a vampire from the first era, I think that this symbolizes that no longer battles or conflicts shall occur, the fire was extinguished and vampires did support the cure resolution.

    Perhaps Hino wants to highlight in her way humanity? Even Kaname wanted to live among them, preferred the light and be useful in the meaningless versus all that struggle that as we saw later being a vampire with good intentions brought to himself and to other vampires. Even Kaname's words to Yuuki that "even the purebloods that had family were defeated from time", preety much says that living for a while and carefree is better than a long eternity where you must sustain and all these goodbyes from the ones that can not follow.

    So in a sense I think that Hino was against Vampires all along - haha...but who could guess? Unless I am wrong, but that's not the feeling that i get in overall, especially seeing her end.






    I' ll show you a sweet dream next time
    avatar
    Katt
    Human

    Posts : 17
    Join date : 2013-01-25
    Location : Cold Ice Tundra
    Warning Zone

    Re: zero...........OH!.....

    Post by Katt on Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:15 pm

    juliet wrote:In general the cure acted like restoring the vampirism, and it seems like changing vampires back to humans, finally restored and the climate's change alteration, because vampires came from humans but let's say from an interruption in mother nature, it was never a separate kind to start with.

    I guess that Hino treats vampires in this way resolving the co-existence in this way, as though co-existence was a necessity just as long as no other solution existed.

    So by turning Kaname also to human, a vampire from the first era, I think that this symbolizes that no longer battles or conflicts shall occur, the fire was extinguished and vampires did support the cure resolution.

    Perhaps Hino wants to highlight in her way humanity? Even Kaname wanted to live among them, preferred the light and be useful in the meaningless versus all that struggle that as we saw later being a vampire with good intentions brought to himself and to other vampires. Even Kaname's words to Yuuki that "even the purebloods that had family were defeated from time", preety much says that living for a while and carefree is better than a long eternity where you must sustain and all these goodbyes from the ones that can not follow.

    So in a sense I think that Hino was against Vampires all along - haha...but who could guess? Unless I am wrong, but that's not the feeling that i get in overall, especially seeing her end.

    I do believe that vampirism has always been portrayed negatively in VK:

    • You had Kaname who always preferred humans (from the beginning Kaname has always been helping them, even seeing Yuuki as a human was preferable because she was able to go in the light and live unaware of the darkness);
    • One of Kaname's original goal was to try to find a cure and Hunters were given power thanks to a human-sympathizing vampire;
    • Yuuki was turned human to have a better life;
    • A big chunk of the story revolves around Zero despising vampires and how Purebloods are the bane to human and vampire society;
    • We can't forget that a lot of the vampires were portrayed as arrogant d-bags. lol.

    Through Yuuki's perspective we initially see that vampires are alluring and mysterious beings, but as the story progress that illusion is pulled away to reveal that they have an uglier and darker side. Kaname points out to Yuuki that vampires are simply beasts in human form which is completely true. If anything the true villain of the story was vampirism. Purebloods are the saddest of them because they live for eternity, and if they're unfortunate enough to not find a Purbeblood partner then they'll live a long life in loneliness. It was mentioned in the manga that many Purebloods committed suicide because life for an eternity became too long, tedious and lonely.

    Considering Kaname has lived such a long life in darkness, constantly planning and shouldering all the responsibilities I would say that having Kaname become human is the best compensation - that he finally achieved his goal. I feel that while Kaname turning human might be symbolic for the end of vampirism, I see it more as a reflection of his own personal struggles finally coming to an end (hence one of the last quotes being: may your thirst be quenched) and the ultimate acceptance that his job - as ancestor, schemer and protector - was done.

    Theory:
    I think vampires in VK was portrayed like a mutation (kind of like x-men, lol), Purbeloods were an evolution of the human species with the capability of spreading their genes (whether through birth or blood). And to reverse or eliminate the gene/effect meant that those with the mutation (vampirism) would revert back to be a regular human.
    avatar
    juliet
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

    Posts : 5018
    Join date : 2010-05-05
    Location : Deep, deep forest
    Humor : Anytime...
    Warning Zone

    Re: zero...........OH!.....

    Post by juliet on Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:34 am

    Theory:
    I think vampires in VK was portrayed like a mutation (kind of like x-men, lol), Purbeloods were an evolution of the human species with the capability of spreading their genes (whether through birth or blood). And to reverse or eliminate the gene/effect meant that those with the mutation (vampirism) would revert back to be a regular human.

    yes this is my final assumption/conclusion too, one could here arise the debate if Hino should finally had treated her VK world as such but...okay it is her own world to rule, the way she is closing VK gives me the same idea as you mentioned before.

    I do understand though that it was not her intention to give out so emphatic that point, until we had reached the conclusion, but the hints as you mentioned, were there as she presents ideal co-existence through Kaname as a lost cause (I am turning to believe now), where conflict and sacrifices and loneliness could not be avoided.

    Considering Kaname has lived such a long life in darkness, constantly planning and shouldering all the responsibilities I would say that having Kaname become human is the best compensation - that he finally achieved his goal. I feel that while Kaname turning human might be symbolic for the end of vampirism, I see it more as a reflection of his own personal struggles finally coming to an end (hence one of the last quotes being: may your thirst be quenched) and the ultimate acceptance that his job - as ancestor, schemer and protector - was done.

    Yes, exactly for Kaname I think that it was both; simple Hino did not want to show any resolution in the Vampire World/actually wanting to reverse the whole climate change idea and give her final resolution to Kaname/vampires when they can return in a way to their normal state.

    If anything the true villain of the story was vampirism.

    I can't agree more and as you said it was reflected also by Kaname's worlds, also the sacrifices that the good purebloods went through when facing the evil side, all the loneliness, the terror of eternity and many more things that created also conflict/danger for humans. And Yuuki's also last words also hint to humanity being closer to happiness as she says "the world I saw as human, I want to give it to you...", so I guess in her way, she also points that humanity was the happiest, more carefree season of her life, recognizing that Kaname's intention to change her back to human was right at as a bottom line.  

    I guess that Kaname did have the main idea set right (to end the vampirism) but not the right ways (even though at this time there was no other way to go so somebody had to take the decision and the blame, at least by clearing the most dangerous source which were the purebloods and then they could degrade from there)...Zero had also that desire, feeling that purebloods should go and Yuuki's insistence and pureblood nature buys time so that there is no elimination but restoration at the end.

    Again I do not judge it how clever it was or how convincing or how clear these ideas are communicated in script (mainly they are in the background of the LT and this ruins it, according to my opinion), but is just my overall idea/taste I got through it  based on that mutation theory that you mentioned.






    I' ll show you a sweet dream next time
    avatar
    Saphira_Kuran
    Common Vampire
    Common Vampire

    Posts : 236
    Join date : 2012-03-10
    Location : wherever Kaname is! lalala
    Humor : U Bet :P
    Warning Zone

    Re: zero...........OH!.....

    Post by Saphira_Kuran on Sun Jun 30, 2013 5:11 pm

    @ Juliet, i agree ^ with your post. that is some ideas i have thought along as well, so considering we are at least 3 rofl  gotta be something going on here.
    it's just kinda weird, cause usually when pple write about vampires there do a whole "awesome" thing, instead of what hino did.
    honestly, i never though she would do that, but anyway, she screwed on a lot of things cheers  and it's her story.
    i suppose not following the "right of way" makes for something more original, not looking at the flaws of course...a very tactical way of seeing it anyway lol.
    avatar
    juliet
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

    Posts : 5018
    Join date : 2010-05-05
    Location : Deep, deep forest
    Humor : Anytime...
    Warning Zone

    Re: zero...........OH!.....

    Post by juliet on Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:16 pm

    Saphira_Kuran wrote:@ Juliet, i agree ^ with your post. that is some ideas i have thought along as well, so considering we are at least 3 rofl  gotta be something going on here.
    it's just kinda weird, cause usually when pple write about vampires there do a whole "awesome" thing, instead of what hino did.
    honestly, i never though she would do that, but anyway, she screwed on a lot of things cheers  and it's her story.
    i suppose not following the "right of way" makes for something more original, not looking at the flaws of course...a very tactical way of seeing it anyway lol.  

    LOL, I especially liked the we are the 3 but we have potential...LOL...rofl rofl 

    I believe that you are right in saying that she tried to make an originality, escaping from the standard vampire pattern story where all conflict resolves and bla bla...

    A bit unrelated but still somehow portrays and other's point of view;

    reminds me a conversation that I had with a friend some years before, telling him about VK he went;

    "Oh i can not read that stuff where authors present vampire as good beings, is wrong to present them as correct...when it's about beasts and freaks and that kind of stuff..."

    sFun_banghead2 sFun_banghead2 

    I was "Oh come on, this is fiction, don't take it too seriously.."

    Yet, in this style Hino found a way to make VK unique with a suprising, unexpected end...

    I am sorry for her victims though...
    rofl rofl rofl (we included)!






    I' ll show you a sweet dream next time
    avatar
    kanachanimmortal
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

    Posts : 935
    Join date : 2012-03-20
    Warning Zone

    Re: zero...........OH!.....

    Post by kanachanimmortal on Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:42 pm

    juliet wrote:
    Saphira_Kuran wrote:@ Juliet, i agree ^ with your post. that is some ideas i have thought along as well, so considering we are at least 3 rofl  gotta be something going on here.
    it's just kinda weird, cause usually when pple write about vampires there do a whole "awesome" thing, instead of what hino did.
    honestly, i never though she would do that, but anyway, she screwed on a lot of things cheers  and it's her story.
    i suppose not following the "right of way" makes for something more original, not looking at the flaws of course...a very tactical way of seeing it anyway lol.  

    LOL, I especially liked the we are the 3 but we have potential...LOL...rofl rofl 

    I believe that you are right in saying that she  tried to make an originality, escaping from the standard vampire pattern story where all conflict resolves and bla bla...

    A bit unrelated but still somehow portrays and other's point of view;

    reminds me a conversation that I had with a friend some years before, telling him about VK he went;

    "Oh i can not read that stuff where authors present vampire as good beings, is wrong to present them as correct...when it's about beasts and freaks and that kind of stuff..."

    sFun_banghead2 sFun_banghead2 

    I was "Oh come on, this is fiction, don't take it too seriously.."

    Yet, in this style Hino found a way to make VK unique with a suprising, unexpected end...

    I am sorry for her victims though...
    rofl rofl rofl (we included)!

    i like unexpected LOGICAL endings like elfen lied one, daa daa daa, hope kaichou wa maid sama ends logically..sSic_stretcher 

    BUT........
    Vampire Knight ended very stupidly.
    Kaname acted like a psycho, zero was like i get the girl this is all i want. and i thought the only thing in zero's life was him being a human. i find zero's character very irritating and yuuki, i can't say how much i was frustrated with her character potrayl. Bella is a superwoman in front of yuuki.sSc_hidingsofa 
    avatar
    Saphira_Kuran
    Common Vampire
    Common Vampire

    Posts : 236
    Join date : 2012-03-10
    Location : wherever Kaname is! lalala
    Humor : U Bet :P
    Warning Zone

    Re: zero...........OH!.....

    Post by Saphira_Kuran on Sat Jul 06, 2013 4:59 pm

    juliet wrote:
    Saphira_Kuran wrote:@ Juliet, i agree ^ with your post. that is some ideas i have thought along as well, so considering we are at least 3 rofl  gotta be something going on here.
    it's just kinda weird, cause usually when pple write about vampires there do a whole "awesome" thing, instead of what hino did.
    honestly, i never though she would do that, but anyway, she screwed on a lot of things cheers  and it's her story.
    i suppose not following the "right of way" makes for something more original, not looking at the flaws of course...a very tactical way of seeing it anyway lol.  

    LOL, I especially liked the we are the 3 but we have potential...LOL...rofl rofl 

    I believe that you are right in saying that she  tried to make an originality, escaping from the standard vampire pattern story where all conflict resolves and bla bla...

    A bit unrelated but still somehow portrays and other's point of view;

    reminds me a conversation that I had with a friend some years before, telling him about VK he went;

    "Oh i can not read that stuff where authors present vampire as good beings, is wrong to present them as correct...when it's about beasts and freaks and that kind of stuff..."

    sFun_banghead2 sFun_banghead2 

    I was "Oh come on, this is fiction, don't take it too seriously.."

    Yet, in this style Hino found a way to make VK unique with a suprising, unexpected end...

    I am sorry for her victims though...
    rofl rofl rofl (we included)!

    rofl rofl  yup, i agree. i think anyway that portraying vampires simply as always evil is rather biased rofl  indeed, it is only fiction.
    but still, i wished there was a better ending too Twisted Evil 

    kanachanimmortal wrote:i like unexpected LOGICAL endings like elfen lied one, daa daa daa, hope kaichou wa maid sama ends logically..sSic_stretcher 

    BUT........
    Vampire Knight ended very stupidly.
    Kaname acted like a psycho, zero was like i get the girl this is all i want. and i thought the only thing in zero's life was him being a human. i find zero's character very irritating and yuuki, i can't say how much i was frustrated with her character potrayl. Bella is a superwoman in front of yuuki.sSc_hidingsofa 

    really? how so? i mean looking at it, i still believe Yuuki was a lot stronger then bella. first off, they portray bella as someone who can't do anything without her man. well, yuuki had the strength to pursue what was right, what she wanted, no matter the obstacle. could she help that things were out of her control? not everything is malleable. for the way that hino presented the story, i think she did the best to her ability, and no matter what, she still managed to save kaname.
    she did what she had to do, no matter the pain to herself.
    bella would have melted without edward.

    kaname acted on what he thought was right as well, so psycho? no...not on my point of view anyway.

    can it be helped that zero would not want to get yuuki? from the start he liked (then loved) her, so even though i think it's sad he had to pick up the pieces, there's no other reason why he wouldn't want to get yuuki since anyway she couldn't have kaname, and she still did love zero. true, he wasn't her first in her heart, but zero didn't care.
    that's true love for you.

    that's my opinion though.
    avatar
    Katt
    Human

    Posts : 17
    Join date : 2013-01-25
    Location : Cold Ice Tundra
    Warning Zone

    Re: zero...........OH!.....

    Post by Katt on Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:22 am

    While I see vampirism as the villain in VK, I don't assume that all vampires in VK are 'evil' or 'bad' or even remotely 'good', it depends on how the individual adapted/reacted to vampirism. I wouldn't go as far as to say Hino had unique or different ideas (or even remotely creative), but at least she didn't paint everything so cut dry, black and white. But heck I would even say that she was a bit too wishy-washy and tried to be 'safe' on how she portrayed a lot of things.

    Saphira_Kuran wrote:
    really? how so? i mean looking at it, i still believe Yuuki was a lot stronger then bella. first off, they portray bella as someone who can't do anything without her man. well, yuuki had the strength to pursue what was right, what she wanted, no matter the obstacle. could she help that things were out of her control? not everything is malleable. for the way that hino presented the story, i think she did the best to her ability, and no matter what, she still managed to save kaname.
    she did what she had to do, no matter the pain to herself.
    bella would have melted without edward.

    kaname acted on what he thought was right as well, so psycho? no...not on my point of view anyway.

    can it be helped that zero would not want to get yuuki? from the start he liked (then loved) her, so even though i think it's sad he had to pick up the pieces, there's no other reason why he wouldn't want to get yuuki since anyway she couldn't have kaname, and she still did love zero. true, he wasn't her first in her heart, but zero didn't care.
    that's true love for you.

    that's my opinion though.

    I wouldn't necessarily say that Yuuki had the strength or did the best of her abilities. It felt more like she was simply running desperately from point A to point B unsure what the heck was going on until it was too late. Perhaps there was some things 'out of her control' but I really think that a stronger heroine would have done more and seen the bigger picture. While it does take some strength for her to put her foot down and go after Kaname (instead of staying at the mansion and wallowing in self-pity, which I think would be something Bella would do), I don't believe she really tried that hard. She always had someone steering (or helping) her in a certain direction and she didn't really question it. This is how I perceived Yuuki: weak, indecisive and selfish individual. When she finally does accomplish something she set out to do, it wasn't until the last chapter and she offed herself. =.= '  

    I totally do believe that Kaname was doing what was in everyone's best interesting - putting everyone else above his own desires - but I still think he's a complete idiot. Ok more so Hino than the beloved Kaname, but some of his actions made zero sense. I wouldn't say he's psycho, but I think I know what kanachanimmortal meant.
    avatar
    CathyBoug
    Human

    Posts : 6
    Join date : 2013-05-06
    Location : Greece
    Warning Zone

    Re: zero...........OH!.....

    Post by CathyBoug on Fri Aug 02, 2013 5:58 pm

    wait a sec...at the anime, Zero dies? OH, GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THAT'S TOTALLY WRONG!!
    avatar
    Saphira_Kuran
    Common Vampire
    Common Vampire

    Posts : 236
    Join date : 2012-03-10
    Location : wherever Kaname is! lalala
    Humor : U Bet :P
    Warning Zone

    Re: zero...........OH!.....

    Post by Saphira_Kuran on Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:59 pm

    CathyBoug wrote:wait a sec...at the anime, Zero dies? OH, GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THAT'S TOTALLY WRONG!!

    wait a sec! that's not what i got! he actually just lives out his life (as you see through the manga) but he doesn't die in the anime either.....*confused*
    avatar
    CathyBoug
    Human

    Posts : 6
    Join date : 2013-05-06
    Location : Greece
    Warning Zone

    Re: zero...........OH!.....

    Post by CathyBoug on Sat Aug 03, 2013 1:41 pm

    hmm, ok then, I guess I have messed it up a little in my mind...anyway, I 'm gonna read the manga...so I understand better.
    avatar
    Saphira_Kuran
    Common Vampire
    Common Vampire

    Posts : 236
    Join date : 2012-03-10
    Location : wherever Kaname is! lalala
    Humor : U Bet :P
    Warning Zone

    Re: zero...........OH!.....

    Post by Saphira_Kuran on Sat Aug 03, 2013 4:57 pm

    CathyBoug wrote:hmm, ok then, I guess I have messed it up a little in my mind...anyway, I 'm gonna read the manga...so I understand better.

    Very Happy there is a lot more in the manga. i think it's a shame they didn't continue, the anime was so short Sad but still, i really liked the anime.
    avatar
    CathyBoug
    Human

    Posts : 6
    Join date : 2013-05-06
    Location : Greece
    Warning Zone

    Re: zero...........OH!.....

    Post by CathyBoug on Sun Aug 04, 2013 7:33 am

    ^I read the some manga, and I stare...like this Shocked 
    Anyway, now I'm going to read more of it, but thanks!
    avatar
    Saphira_Kuran
    Common Vampire
    Common Vampire

    Posts : 236
    Join date : 2012-03-10
    Location : wherever Kaname is! lalala
    Humor : U Bet :P
    Warning Zone

    Re: zero...........OH!.....

    Post by Saphira_Kuran on Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:17 pm

    CathyBoug wrote:^I read the some manga, and I stare...like this Shocked 
    Anyway, now I'm going to read more of it, but thanks!

    rofl 
    and your welcome Very Happy 

    Sponsored content

    Re: zero...........OH!.....

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Tue May 23, 2017 5:50 pm