Vampire Knight & Manga Forum

In order to fully enjoy the board and it's function, you can always log in or sign up to an account. Thank you...
Vampire Knight & Manga Forum

Α forum dedicated to Hino's Matsuri best-seller manga Vampire Knight and the manga we love

Similar topics

Gallery

Latest topics

» The Final Countdown
    Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:47 am by lililovelilica

» New VK Chapter is HERE!
    Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:42 am by lililovelilica

» Links for Other Vampire Knight Forums and Sites that you like and enjoy!!
    Sun Aug 21, 2016 7:25 pm by Saphira_K

» VK Memories CH 6!
    Thu Aug 18, 2016 6:13 pm by Saphira_K

» VK Memories
    Wed Jun 01, 2016 5:59 pm by Saphira_K

» New VK Chapter SPOILERS!
    Mon Apr 18, 2016 5:47 pm by Saphira_K

» New VK Bonus Ch!!
    Fri Dec 18, 2015 12:53 am by Saphira_K

» Translation of 'Fleeting Dreams'
    Wed Sep 09, 2015 2:20 am by Saphira_K

» Bunko Editions
    Wed Sep 09, 2015 2:18 am by Saphira_K

» New Vampire knight Extra
    Wed Sep 09, 2015 2:15 am by Saphira_K

» The Musical (Original and Revive)
    Sun Aug 23, 2015 2:40 am by Dreamiel

» NEW CHAPTER IN 2015?
    Mon Jun 01, 2015 12:16 am by Unknown00

» Newbie in the forum...
    Fri May 01, 2015 7:13 pm by aisan4494

» Who do you think Yuki loves more: Kaname or Zero?
    Fri May 01, 2015 7:09 pm by aisan4494

» Zeki or Yume?
    Fri May 01, 2015 7:04 pm by aisan4494

» So What will happen of Kaname?
    Thu Mar 19, 2015 6:25 pm by matei alina

» Does anybody think Yuki wasted time in Chapter 93?
    Tue Dec 30, 2014 6:49 am by HomieV

» Symbolism Blog on VK & New Novel!!
    Wed Dec 17, 2014 6:39 pm by Kara

» Ever "missed" a Chapter?
    Tue Oct 14, 2014 1:35 am by Katherine

» What kind of feeling?
    Mon Oct 06, 2014 1:03 am by Saphira_K

We and the Youtube

Poll

would you like to read a sequel of vk?or is hino thinking of writing one?
    59% 59% [ 24 ]
    27% 27% [ 11 ]
    15% 15% [ 6 ]

Total Votes : 41

Friends

Terry Candy

zero and kaname...

laurel kingstone
      Human

Warning Zone

zero and kaname...

Post by laurel kingstone on Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:32 pm

zero is good guy or kaname is good guy?.......yuuki love zero or kaname....i'm not clear...confused
      what is the end ....i'm not clear....why zero dead?...how???SadSad
      Katt
      Human

Warning Zone

Re: zero and kaname...

Post by Katt on Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:30 am

Zero and Kaname are both 'good guys', although it can be said that they were always treading in the grey area because of their own personal motives. Nothing was ever really black and white, good and bad.

Kaname has always been manipulative, and very tight lip when it came to his plans, but there's no doubt in the end he always had good intentions whether it was for Yuuki or humanity and vampires. He might have acted the part of the villain (when he pretended to kill Aidou's father for example) but he was only playing a role, the needed role in order to have his plan come to fruition. His machinations might have made him seem like a manipulative and lying SOB but we have to remember there was always more to the game then he lead on and if anything he was more of a tragic genius then some bad guy. I think that's what made him all the more interesting.

Zero has been a victim for the longest time, so it's somewhat understandable that he holds animosity towards vampires. But even then, his vengeance to kill all Purebloods (even Yuuki whom he always held affection for) painted him in a dark light. Did that make him bad? No. He might have said hurtful things and acted stupidly, but he wasn't bad. We have to remember that Zero held no love for vampires, so he acted accordingly when Yuuki became what he always hated. In the end I think Zero came to accept that not all Purebloods are inherently bad or ready to turn on the human race. If anything Zero has always been 'good' despite a somewhat douchey attitude, he never did anything that seemed to go against the good of the many.

Yuuki loved both of them, both in different ways. The love triangle was never really solved in the end. She lived a full life with Zero, on Kaname's behest, and most likely her feelings for Zero matured over the time they spent time together raising a family. But Yuuki also loved Kaname, despite all the time apart Yuuki will always love Kaname. Yuki's last act of eternal love is shown by her sacrifice (she dies so he can live) to give Kaname a chance to live a human life without despair or darkness. It's a bit of an odd ending (IMO) that has many different speculation, hence why many dislike it and argue over it.

Zero's dead because he wasn't a Pureblood (so we can assume he died naturally), only Purebloods are true immortals. All other vampires usually live less than a thousand years (I believe).
      juliet
      Vampire Knight
      Vampire Knight

Humor : Anytime...
      Warning Zone

Post by juliet on Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:51 pm

Katt wrote:Zero and Kaname are both 'good guys', although it can be said that they were always treading in the grey area because of their own personal motives. Nothing was ever really black and white, good and bad.

Kaname has always been manipulative, and very tight lip when it came to his plans, but there's no doubt in the end he always had good intentions whether it was for Yuuki or humanity and vampires. He might have acted the part of the villain (when he pretended to kill Aidou's father for example) but he was only playing a role, the needed role in order to have his plan come to fruition. His machinations might have made him seem like a manipulative and lying SOB but we have to remember there was always more to the game then he lead on and if anything he was more of a tragic genius then some bad guy. I think that's what made him all the more interesting.

Zero has been a victim for the longest time, so it's somewhat understandable that he holds animosity towards vampires. But even then, his vengeance to kill all Purebloods (even Yuuki whom he always held affection for) painted him in a dark light. Did that make him bad? No. He might have said hurtful things and acted stupidly, but he wasn't bad. We have to remember that Zero held no love for vampires, so he acted accordingly when Yuuki became what he always hated. In the end I think Zero came to accept that not all Purebloods are inherently bad or ready to turn on the human race. If anything Zero has always been 'good' despite a somewhat douchey attitude, he never did anything that seemed to go against the good of the many.

Yuuki loved both of them, both in different ways. The love triangle was never really solved in the end. She lived a full life with Zero, on Kaname's behest, and most likely her feelings for Zero matured over the time they spent time together raising a family. But Yuuki also loved Kaname, despite all the time apart Yuuki will always love Kaname. Yuki's last act of eternal love is shown by her sacrifice (she dies so he can live) to give Kaname a chance to live a human life without despair or darkness. It's a bit of an odd ending (IMO) that has many different speculation, hence why many dislike it and argue over it.

Zero's dead because he wasn't a Pureblood (so we can assume he died naturally), only Purebloods are true immortals. All other vampires usually live less than a thousand years (I believe).

I agree in overall both Zero and Kaname are victims of the conditions, apart from the fans that are exaggerating themselves with hating Kaname as for hurting Zero or taking Yuuki away, I think that one could clearly see that Kaname was also in a way a victim of the pureblood society itself.

In order to survive and in order to protect the ones that he cared about, or the ones that were innocent, like in his ancestor past, he was willing to sacrifice himself. And when one sees as only solution to sacrifice himself in a society for others to live that means that this society does ask for victims in order to survive.

Then he also becomes Rido's victim - blame the greedy nature of vampires- and then he is controlled by the council, then he is let's say a victim of his own love for Yuuki - he can not just let her and save himself or his innocence without caring about the rest.

Along with Yuuki humans would fall as well in the hands of the council and the purebloods. The thing with Kaname, as far as I see it, is that on his way to remain on top of the game and to control the conditions around him, he is the only one that can have that malicious role and take on his shoulders the sins. He know it, still if he did not do it, then who would do it?

Even Zero in this case is weak until he turns to consume Ichiro, only then he is capable of facing a pureblood...and he killed Rido.

So it's not a world that you can survive unless you become a sinner yourself.

The elimination of the purebloods that is brought up during the second arc - yet, as shown by Hino, is something that kaname had in his mind as a purifying solution that could terminate the conflicts in the vampire society from a long ago - is another factor that Kaname's character is highlighted as evil/villain.

Yet, after leaving Yuuki's side, Kaname had no way to survive emotionally and wanted to terminate his own life;
      this is another reason that he does not care to take the blame of the sinner on his shoulders, but also why he feels that is essential to kill purebloods, because with his death then the burden would be put on the hunters shoulders mainly Zero's to guard the rest of the society and also Yuuki.

Could he avoid all that? Yes, but that would mean that he would actually abandon everything as it was -  his decision to take the blame by sacrificing himself and others purebloods on the way - was just a step he made again in order to shield as much as he could, to leave Yuuki with the less pain as possible - to strengthen the weapons and not die in vain deserting everything to their luck.

I do not judge here how clever or good Hino's plot was, just in overall how all these that she tries to describe in there reach my perception.

This is why condemning Kaname for his actions is hard, he did all these taking all the potential crimes on his shoulders, fully knowing the consequences, acknowledging that he could not turn back, but made all these by not caring about himself, just for the ones that would be left behind.

Zero and kaname fulfill each other in a way, you can easily say that Zero became the hunter and kaname the gun that protected Yuuki and the society, until the ultimate resolution with the vampire cure could come and eventually offer an end to vampirism.

The cure also suggests another thing about kaname's intentions to restore vampires in their human dimensions; like the change of the climate had been a tragic mistake that had to be corrected, so that no one suffers, from the consequences.

Zero on the other end met happiness next to Yuuki. Yuuki remained behind as a pureblood, shielding the co-existence, as hunter and pureblood, until the end of that tunnel. And Kaname finally saw the light by seeing the end of his efforts to come into fruition and living to see the next day, the one that he fought for so many centuries.

Hino can not reward a villain, so someone has to see the general frame, the necessity of someone turning the wheels for all these to come to a fruition to accept all that.

I am not saying that is convincing but reaching the end Kaname is a great character with a lot of strength and courage, he actually acts against himself, whereas Zero is a more straight forward character that also managed to surpass a lot of tragic memories in order to finally meet his objectives. So it's not bad and I do think that Hino wanted neither of her characters (besides of the LT arguement) to be totally thrown out of the way, despite her tragic story intention.

I' ll show you a sweet dream next time

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:24 am