Vampire Knight & Manga Forum

In order to fully enjoy the board and it's function, you can always log in or sign up to an account. Thank you...
Vampire Knight & Manga Forum

Α forum dedicated to Hino's Matsuri best-seller manga Vampire Knight and the manga we love

Gallery

Latest topics

» Does anybody think Yuki wasted time in Chapter 93?
Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:51 pm by juliet

» Symbolism Blog on VK & New Novel!!
Sat Oct 18, 2014 5:04 pm by Saphira_Kuran

» Ever "missed" a Chapter?
Tue Oct 14, 2014 1:35 am by Katherine

» What kind of feeling?
Mon Oct 06, 2014 1:03 am by Saphira_Kuran

» A Sequel???
Mon Oct 06, 2014 12:57 am by Saphira_Kuran

» Yori doesn't know....?
Fri Oct 03, 2014 6:45 pm by Kara

» Rido and Kaname
Fri Oct 03, 2014 4:42 pm by Kara

» are you guys satisfied with the plot?
Fri Oct 03, 2014 4:22 pm by Kara

» The Final Countdown
Fri Oct 03, 2014 4:18 pm by Kara

» Extra Vampire Knight Chapter confirms the girl is Kaname's child
Sat Sep 13, 2014 2:53 am by blood-girl

» Newbie in the forum...
Sat Sep 13, 2014 2:50 am by blood-girl

» How far do you know VK?
Sat Sep 13, 2014 12:03 am by Saphira_Kuran

» Who is best for Yuuki? Kaname or Zero?
Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:12 pm by blood-girl

» Who do you think Yuki loves more: Kaname or Zero?
Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:05 pm by blood-girl

» LALA FANTASY VAMPIRE KNIGHT
Mon Nov 11, 2013 2:35 pm by aya-chan

» SUMMARY OF THE EXTRA!!!
Sun Nov 10, 2013 5:07 am by Saphira_Kuran

» Volume 19 (Final volume) and additional release
Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:00 am by norngpinky

» Zero and Kaname paring
Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:06 pm by Falc0n

» Ranger's Apprentice Forum
Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:02 pm by Saphira_Kuran

» Noir's Trap & Season of Transience Links
Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:58 pm by juliet

We and the Youtube

Poll

would you like to read a sequel of vk?or is hino thinking of writing one?
51% 51% [ 18 ]
31% 31% [ 11 ]
17% 17% [ 6 ]

Total Votes : 35

Friends

Terry Candy

The meaning of VAMPIRE KNIGHT

Akaruisama
    Pureblood Vampire
    Pureblood Vampire

Warning Zone

The meaning of VAMPIRE KNIGHT

Post by Akaruisama on Sun Oct 03, 2010 1:31 am

Perhaps it is late, but I'm considering about the meaning of the title. Is there a knight and the knight is Zero? Kaname was always holding a white horse while he was playing a chess game. Is Zero white horse, a knight in Kaname's chequer?

I japanese words knight and night is pronoucing as "naito". Maybe Hino want to join two meanings KNIGHT and NIGHT with one title?

anna
    Vampire Noble Class
    Vampire Noble Class

Humor: black!!!!
    Warning Zone

Re: The meaning of VAMPIRE KNIGHT

Post by anna on Sun Oct 03, 2010 2:07 am

Akaruisama wrote:Perhaps it is late, but I'm considering about the meaning of the title. Is there a knight and the knight is Zero? Kaname was always holding a white horse while he was playing a chess game. Is Zero white horse, a knight in Kaname's chequer?

I japanese words knight and night is pronoucing as "naito". Maybe Hino want to join two meanings KNIGHT and NIGHT with one title?

I didn't know that!!!! Shocked but yeah, you're right!!! it's very possible, after all we mustn't forget that in the end of each episode, the epilogue was "I'll show you a sweet dream next night", and in general it's about vampires, vampire's time it's night time so.....

As for the first part of your question......I'm not 100% sure who the vampire knight is....Probably Zero! If in chess Zero is the knight, then Kaname must have saved the title of the king!!! :lol: (no offence to Zeki- fans, it's just hierarchy! Zero is not a noble vampire, he's just a common vampire whereas Kaname is the pureblood ancestor of Kurans)

(but we mustn't forget Yuuki!!! Do you think it's possible she was the vampire knight when wandering around holding the artemis??? lol! lol! )

juliet
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Humor: Anytime...
    Warning Zone

Post by juliet on Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:08 am

in terms of chess I think:
    M, in the previous arc Zero was the horse, so yes probably the Knight. Kaname was the Queen (LOL) yes he was and Rido was the King to be devoured.
    That's what Kaname says to Zero in the cell that he should go and devour the King.

In the ancestor past Kaname acted also as the vampire knight -fighting the purebloods that changed the humans.

Now in the current arc I have no idea but Kaname could be the King (even though the is not acting like the King, the King in chess has limited moves and is protected mainly by the Queen). Yuuki can act as the Queen and Zero can the Knight again?
    That in terms of chess but seeing now Yuuki as the Queen could not be so. So I am leaving the chess term's behind LOL (there goes my theory)

And general and metaphorical speaking perhaps:

Kaname had been the vampire Knight in his ancestor past, Zero acted like that in the first arc and perhaps it's time now for Yuuki to play her part as well, protecting the people and her loved ones as a Vampire Knight. That way the title would fit both three, but I think that in general the title could also be applied to anyon fighting against the evil: Like Aidou and Kaien as well since again we have the typical story good vs bad.

I' ll show you a sweet dream next time

The Chrysalis Whispers
    Vampire Noble Class
    Vampire Noble Class

Humor: never cared for it!~
    Warning Zone

Post by The Chrysalis Whispers on Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:17 am

Hm, its a good question. Hino-Sensei always paid attention to the meaning of names, like Kaname means "Hinge" in Japaneses and just like a door joins to rooms, he tries to join to different races.
    Yes, it can be said that Zero is the Knight, but i also think that Kaname can also be, although he would prefer to be king rather than a knight.
    But the knight can also be Yuki, as she is the onlt heroine and the story pretty much revolves around her. There are a lof of possibilities. May be the knight Hino's referring to is someone else than these three lead characters...
    lol!

rajin90
    Human

Warning Zone

Post by rajin90 on Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:24 pm

at first whoever see the story will say that zerso is knight

but as started to thought about meaning of knight i get rather more confused by it

and one new name for manga emerged into my mind

dark knight with dark past and dark future .

certainly that fit into zeros' character at all level's

libra
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Humor: Black
    Warning Zone

Post by libra on Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:48 pm

juls did you see the Zero character in the fanbook?
    It refers to Zero as the lonely knight which faces his adverse fortune.
    So I guess that he is the Knight after all...

nina
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Humor: Black sarcasm
    Warning Zone

Post by nina on Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:29 pm

In the first arc I think Yuuki was the King since everyone want to protect her, and she had limited freedom-moves.
    kaname was the Queen (the good one) and Shizuka the bad Queen since we saw Kaname crashed the Queen-pawn after he devour her.
    And yes probably Zero was the knight.

But in the second arc.... what if the King is Kaname, the good Queen is Yuuki, the bad one of course Sara and Zero again the knight?
    Take a look at the below cover ... and after the latest developments .... Kaname might be the one who needs protection pale

Spoiler:

"... I want to fall down with you to the very farthest depths ... taint me too Kaname"

Spoiler:

*wants to sneak under these bed sheets*

missdaredevil07
    Level-E
    Level-E

Humor: Any kind. :D
    Warning Zone

Post by missdaredevil07 on Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:31 pm

I think Yuki is probably the King (because she always gets rescued),Kaname is the Queen and Zero is the Knight (after all he's all knightly-fitting hottie. HAHA! Sorry for that (~o~) ).
    Then again, in the later chapters, Yuki is gradually maturing (claiming that she would protect everyone who's important to her), so she'd probably play as the Queen later on. Very Happy Then Kaname becomes the King (who knows, maybe Yuki would be the one to save his butt in the later chapters, probably even along with the hunters) and Zero is still the Knight.....

Weeee! The Knight in most fairytale stories always steals away the Queen. :3 (sorry for my fangirling again). Nyaha
    ha! (^U^)

juliet
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Humor: Anytime...
    Warning Zone

Post by juliet on Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:09 pm

Μ...reading more and mor about it and going through the latest developments I tend to think that the meaning of Vampire Knight as a manga in general is about bridging the gap between the races; co-existence..and a vampire knight could be the one fighting about it..

A vampire is a rather dark figure in literature, yet a knight is a positive symbol as he brings hope, protects, shields the good from the evil, strikes back to defend/acts on good grounds even though fighting...

Like Kaname had been a Vampire Knight in his past protecting humans from purebloods...

Zero had been a Vampire knight in the first arc again protecting humans back at the academy from an attack..

Could Yuuki be now the next Vampire Knight? It is time to show off her talents, with all the pureblood skills, sense of justice and will to fight that poses her?

I think yes probably...

I' ll show you a sweet dream next time

Akaruisama
    Pureblood Vampire
    Pureblood Vampire

Warning Zone

Post by Akaruisama on Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:10 am

juliet wrote:Μ...reading more and mor about it and going through the latest developments I tend to think that the meaning of Vampire Knight as a manga in general is about bridging the gap between the races; co-existence..and a vampire knight could be the one fighting about it..

A vampire is a rather dark figure in literature, yet a knight is a positive symbol as he brings hope, protects, shields the good from the evil, strikes back to defend/acts on good grounds even though fighting...

Like Kaname had been a Vampire Knight in his past protecting humans from purebloods...

Zero had been a Vampire knight in the first arc again protecting humans back at the academy from an attack..

Could Yuuki be now the next Vampire Knight? It is time to show off her talents, with all the pureblood skills, sense of justice and will to fight that poses her?

I think yes probably...

very interesting theory... It is very possible. I hope Yuuki will be right Vampire Knight...

nina
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Humor: Black sarcasm
    Warning Zone

Post by nina on Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:14 pm

I think the term vampire knight has a greater/general meaning and it's not referring only to one character, viz Zero.
    For example a vampire knight in the second arc, is Hanabusa, cuz he obviously has the role to protect Yuuki, to be her shield.
    Another example ... in the first arc the night class could be the vampire Knights, cuz they protected the day class.
    So yes I agree with Juliet... knight could be anyone who protects the "good".

And if we look the whole thing from another perspective, Zero couldn't be the only vampire knight because that would mean that he is the male protagonist whereas he isn't ... not the only one at least.

"... I want to fall down with you to the very farthest depths ... taint me too Kaname"

Spoiler:

*wants to sneak under these bed sheets*

wohoyo
    Human

Warning Zone

Post by wohoyo on Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:30 pm

I think Vampire Knight is, well... Basically what it says. A knight who is a vampire. But I think that that knight is Zero.

Kaname is the controller of the chess game, and he set it up so that Zero was the vampire knight to protect the day class and his precious Yuuki. I think Yuuki's role is as the 'queen' or 'princess,' whichever it may be.

But mainly, it was stated in chapter 40 something I think, that Zero was the vampire knight. His name even serves as sort of a pun.

Anneliezz
    Pureblood Vampire
    Pureblood Vampire

Humor: 1.Being a pure(blood) pervert. 2. Installing the day-class-spy-cameras in zero's room 3.WCZF-club!!
    Warning Zone

Post by Anneliezz on Sun Sep 18, 2011 10:59 pm

I think it's Zer in the first arc ( because kaname said it)
    and now zero and aido. There was a cover picturing the two of them that said 'two knights...and the princess is?'

But indeed, it might refer to more characters, considering there's no princess in chess. There might be knights in more than one way (kaname, yuuki,..)

aiko
    Level-E
    Level-E

Warning Zone

Post by aiko on Sun Sep 18, 2011 11:35 pm

The title of the manga is intriguing. At first glance it could seem almost obvious but in actuality there are many possibilities...from my analysis, I would say that each vampire character in a way could be the Vampire Knight at various points of the story, many of the vampire characters often portrayed defending other characters. So perhaps the title refers to this noble trait, the act of defending.

jayashree
    Level-E
    Level-E

Warning Zone

Post by jayashree on Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:25 am

knight )what i know is a knight is not the color of white it's mostly dark sliver of black why because of the word night in k-night which mean dark or darkness and chess game well it's a fact that the knight can be black or white or even brown and gary in other word any color why do i say this why i have play chess before and i play with a white,black,brown,and gray before. so i think neither kaname or zero is playing the of the knight maybe we find out in the next chapters to come we find out why kaname is doing what he is doing and what zero it up to.

Current date/time is Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:36 pm