Vampire Knight & Manga Forum

In order to fully enjoy the board and it's function, you can always log in or sign up to an account. Thank you...
Vampire Knight & Manga Forum

Α forum dedicated to Hino's Matsuri best-seller manga Vampire Knight and the manga we love

Gallery

Latest topics

» The Final Countdown
Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:47 am by lililovelilica

» New VK Chapter is HERE!
Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:42 am by lililovelilica

» Links for Other Vampire Knight Forums and Sites that you like and enjoy!!
Sun Aug 21, 2016 7:25 pm by Saphira_K

» VK Memories CH 6!
Thu Aug 18, 2016 6:13 pm by Saphira_K

» VK Memories
Wed Jun 01, 2016 5:59 pm by Saphira_K

» New VK Chapter SPOILERS!
Mon Apr 18, 2016 5:47 pm by Saphira_K

» New VK Bonus Ch!!
Fri Dec 18, 2015 12:53 am by Saphira_K

» Translation of 'Fleeting Dreams'
Wed Sep 09, 2015 2:20 am by Saphira_K

» Bunko Editions
Wed Sep 09, 2015 2:18 am by Saphira_K

» New Vampire knight Extra
Wed Sep 09, 2015 2:15 am by Saphira_K

» The Musical (Original and Revive)
Sun Aug 23, 2015 2:40 am by Dreamiel

» NEW CHAPTER IN 2015?
Mon Jun 01, 2015 12:16 am by Unknown00

» Newbie in the forum...
Fri May 01, 2015 7:13 pm by aisan4494

» Who do you think Yuki loves more: Kaname or Zero?
Fri May 01, 2015 7:09 pm by aisan4494

» Zeki or Yume?
Fri May 01, 2015 7:04 pm by aisan4494

» So What will happen of Kaname?
Thu Mar 19, 2015 6:25 pm by matei alina

» Does anybody think Yuki wasted time in Chapter 93?
Tue Dec 30, 2014 6:49 am by HomieV

» Symbolism Blog on VK & New Novel!!
Wed Dec 17, 2014 6:39 pm by Kara

» Ever "missed" a Chapter?
Tue Oct 14, 2014 1:35 am by Katherine

» What kind of feeling?
Mon Oct 06, 2014 1:03 am by Saphira_K

We and the Youtube

Poll

would you like to read a sequel of vk?or is hino thinking of writing one?
59% 59% [ 24 ]
27% 27% [ 11 ]
15% 15% [ 6 ]

Total Votes : 41

Friends

Terry Candy

The meaning of VAMPIRE KNIGHT

Akaruisama
    Pureblood Vampire
    Pureblood Vampire

Warning Zone

The meaning of VAMPIRE KNIGHT

Post by Akaruisama on Sun Oct 03, 2010 1:31 am

First topic message reminder :

Perhaps it is late, but I'm considering about the meaning of the title. Is there a knight and the knight is Zero? Kaname was always holding a white horse while he was playing a chess game. Is Zero white horse, a knight in Kaname's chequer?

I japanese words knight and night is pronoucing as "naito". Maybe Hino want to join two meanings KNIGHT and NIGHT with one title?

KuranPrince
    Vampire Noble Class
    Vampire Noble Class

Re: The meaning of VAMPIRE KNIGHT

Post by KuranPrince on Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:48 am

caela wrote:Jayashree
    Zero ex- knight
    Kaname idk-knight
    Adio is the one playin the role of the knight right now because kaname is on the run
    And zero is giving yuuki some we are no longer friend attitude .

lol, I agree with Zero being uncooperative with Yuuki's wishes. I just don't see Kaname as a knight...He was a King before... (I can still be a Zero fan and say that Cool )

Actually, Kaname was a knight since he had saved Yuuki from a bad vampire. In conclusion, Kaname, Zero, and Hanabusa were knights at the time. There's a possibility that Yuuki would break the gender rule and become a knight.
    Divine Rose
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Humor : Mwa hahahahahahaha...
    Warning Zone

Post by Divine Rose on Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:54 am

KuranPrince wrote:
    caela wrote:Jayashree
    Zero ex- knight
    Kaname idk-knight
    Adio is the one playin the role of the knight right now because kaname is on the run
    And zero is giving yuuki some we are no longer friend attitude .

lol, I agree with Zero being uncooperative with Yuuki's wishes. I just don't see Kaname as a knight...He was a King before... (I can still be a Zero fan and say that Cool )

Actually, Kaname was a knight since he had saved Yuuki from a bad vampire. In conclusion, Kaname, Zero, and Hanabusa were knights at the time. There's a possibility that Yuuki would break the gender rule and become a knight.

I agree, KuranPrince. Smile

Also, there's actually the very high possibility that every good VK character to become a knight. rofl rofl If they all work together for the co-existence and protect it, they most certainly will be. Smile
    Conrad Weller
    Common Vampire
    Common Vampire

Warning Zone

Post by Conrad Weller on Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:42 am

yes kuran prince as i think kaname is yuuki's knight from the very beginning. zero, aidou and yuuki are the only other people who can be knights. zero since he protcted yuuki in first arc. aidou because he would always protect yuuki and kaname and is loyal.

yuuki because she will stop kaname from doing something bad to himself like killing hinself in order to save her, yuuki will save him and live with him she is kaname's knight.

so in all i would say kaname is the knight since he has been trying to bring co existence since the beginning and has always protected yuuki.
    Divine Rose
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Humor : Mwa hahahahahahaha...
    Warning Zone

Post by Divine Rose on Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:47 am

Conrad Weller wrote:

yes kuran prince as i think kaname is yuuki's knight from the very beginning. zero, aidou and yuuki are the only other people who can be knights. zero since he protcted yuuki in first arc. aidou because he would always protect yuuki and kaname and is loyal.

yuuki because she will stop kaname from doing something bad to himself like killing hinself in order to save her, yuuki will save him and live with him she is kaname's knight.

so in all i would say kaname is the knight since he has been trying to bring co existence since the beginning and has always protected yuuki.

Hm, yes I agree. Kaname is definitely. Very Happy

Rikana-hime
    Human

Warning Zone

Post by Rikana-hime on Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:41 am

aiko wrote:The title of the manga is intriguing. At first glance it could seem almost obvious but in actuality there are many possibilities...from my analysis, I would say that each vampire character in a way could be the Vampire Knight at various points of the story, many of the vampire characters often portrayed defending other characters. So perhaps the title refers to this noble trait, the act of defending.

I really love your answer. This is what I've been looking for. It makes more sense Very Happy
    Yuki_kuran12345
    Human

Humor : i am really, really funny that is all i can say!
    Warning Zone

Post by Yuki_kuran12345 on Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:30 am

it mean to title is made that way so you can look more deeply in the characters story. reall what ever you think is right , it is most propley right because in my opinin the title mean "zero the ampire" . because he himself has to take on the instents of a vampire and be a vampire hunter i carry on the kiryu name . so i think he well deserves that title.
    kanachanimmortal
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Warning Zone

Post by kanachanimmortal on Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:30 am

in first arc ZERO was the one who was vampire knight and in second arc i bet hino will make yuuki a vampire knight.
    SassyKnight
    Vampire Noble Class
    Vampire Noble Class

Warning Zone

Post by SassyKnight on Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:36 am

Zero has always been more of a Knight... Very Happy My Zero.......
    nina
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Humor : Black sarcasm
    Warning Zone

Post by nina on Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:01 pm

SassyKnight wrote:Zero has always been more of a Knight... Very Happy My Zero.......

Yes Zero is a knight ... but now a white Knight >>> Sara's knight rofl rofl rofl

I wish to them a happy ever after especially after that hot kinky bite from behind Razz bounce
    Now that Zero confessed that he is the master of himself i.e. that everything he did was out of his own free will then that means he longed for Sara's blood thus and he went for her neck < the most erotic spot!Razz Razz Isn't that what you claimed for Yuuki's bite on Zero?

Well I guess what goes around comes around rofl

"... I want to fall down with you to the very farthest depths ... taint me too Kaname"

Spoiler:

*wants to sneak under these bed sheets*
    SassyKnight
    Vampire Noble Class
    Vampire Noble Class

Warning Zone

Post by SassyKnight on Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:49 pm

Um Zero said he was his OWN master. He is NOT on Sara's side that is obvious... He only drank her blood for power. He only "sided" with her because Yuki asked him to, and Zero thought he could use Sara...Zero would never side with a Pureblood because that is out of character for him...Unless it's Yuki however..Thats different...
    nina
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Warning Zone

Post by nina on Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:58 pm

SassyKnight wrote:Um Zero said he was his OWN master. He is NOT on Sara's side that is obvious... He only drank her blood for power. He only "sided" with her because Yuki asked him to, and Zero thought he could use Sara...Zero would never side with a Pureblood because that is out of character for him...Unless it's Yuki however..Thats different...

Where did Yuuki asked him:

1. To drink Sara's blood
    2. To kill Kaname???

This is your own interpretations which are quite contradicting with what the real story states!

And another contradiction ... IF he is the master of himself and what he does is out of his own free will then it's not for Yuuki but for HIM cuz obviously Yuuki NEVER asked him to kill Kaname!

"... I want to fall down with you to the very farthest depths ... taint me too Kaname"

Spoiler:

aya-chan
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Humor : oiseaux de se ressemble s'assemble
    Warning Zone

Post by aya-chan on Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:32 pm

SassyKnight wrote:Um Zero said he was his OWN master. He is NOT on Sara's side that is obvious... He only drank her blood for power. He only "sided" with her because Yuki asked him to, and Zero thought he could use Sara...Zero would never side with a Pureblood because that is out of character for him...Unless it's Yuki however..Thats different...

Really affraid show me the panel where it's stated that yuuki asked zero to lie cross kaien about the blood tablets?

kaien asked zero if he knows who's behind those dark black tablets. zero answer NO.

Zero stepped on sara's side before yuuki asking him to protect sara. And note that yuuki asked him to protect sara, not drink her blood and kill kaname.

And do not forget that meanwhile he found out sara attacked hanadagi and devoured his heart. but none of that made a difference since he already made up since mind.

But since you read between the lines, yuuki's line "protect sara"=drink her blood, and kill kaname.
    kialovejapan
    Vampire Noble Class
    Vampire Noble Class

Humor : Lunatic
    Warning Zone

Post by kialovejapan on Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:36 pm

well! I thought a lot around the name Vampire Knight... And initially 4me the knight was zero 'cuz he was used by kaname to 1. Protect yuki 2. Kill rido but when I read the chapter when kaname shows his past memories to yuki.,at that time kaname was fighting near the hooded woman like in the chess game and besides kaname was riding a horse (even if in the memories with yuki, she was riding the horse XD ) And finally kaname plays a lot with chess...!! now I think that zero is another time the knight., he tells that hasn't any masters and he s the master of himself XD however Im a Zeky so 4me the real knight is only zero XD
    Falc0n
    Human

Warning Zone

Post by Falc0n on Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:24 am

I got a question guys. I wanted to translate the title to some other language thus I need to understand the title very well.

I understand that the title most likely refers to the many knights in VK, but I'll put my question in singular form

does the title means :

a- the vampire is a knight

or

b- he is a knight for a vampire

I hope my question is clear enough xD
    kialovejapan
    Vampire Noble Class
    Vampire Noble Class

Warning Zone

Post by kialovejapan on Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:59 am

yeah I think it's quite possible your idea... There are a lot of heroes in vk good and evil XD besides I think that the title is perfect because includes the knight and night which is important for vampires...hino matsuri you re great!!!!!!! ;)
    KuranPrince
    Vampire Noble Class
    Vampire Noble Class

Warning Zone

Post by KuranPrince on Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:33 pm

lucykaede wrote:in first arc ZERO was the one who was vampire knight and in second arc i bet hino will make yuuki a vampire knight.

Do you mind if I share the bet with you, Lucykaede? I had the very same hunch as you do in your brief comment. There is a very strong possibility that Yuuki will soon beecome Kaname's Vampire Knight.

solar
    Human

Warning Zone

Post by solar on Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:33 pm

Falc0n wrote:I got a question guys. I wanted to translate the title to some other language thus I need to understand the title very well.

I understand that the title most likely refers to the many knights in VK, but I'll put my question in singular form

does the title means :

or

This is a good question.

Let's look at the actual Japanese texts for that title of Vampire Knight.

ヴァンパイア騎士 = Katakana of the English "Vampire" and kanji of "Knight".

If this title means "A knight for vampire(s)" or "Vampire's Knight", then there should be a possession "の" in between those two words and becomes ヴァンパイア騎士.

If this is the knight(s) who is/are vampires, then the original wordings of ヴァンパイア騎士 is enough and correct.

Therefore, to answer your question, your choice (a) above is the right one.

You also need to know that the kanji 騎士 has no exact tone of "singular" or "plural". That is, it can mean either "singular" or "plural" depending on the context.

For example, let's look at the original cover page of chapter 61.

騎士 ふたり. そして姫は....?

The kanji 騎士 remains the same definition of "Knight". But because of hiragana "ふたり" which means "two persons", the actual translation of that line becomes "Two Knights. And the princess is...?"

You will find the similar interpretation from this link below or English version to be released by VZ's Shojo Beat.

http://sagakure.livejournal.com/361772.html

See the red highlighted area below.

As how the cover pic shows above, the two knights are seemingly referring to both Zero and Aidou, and the princess is more likely "Yuuki" herself. However, we can't conclude that both Zero and Aidou are the only knights that Vampire Knight is about based on that pic. In my opinion, the title of "Vampire Knight" is just a general title and doesn't refer to anyone specific.

Last edited by solar on Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:05 am; edited 1 time in total
    Falc0n
    Human

Warning Zone

Post by Falc0n on Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:26 am

solar wrote:

This is a good question.

If this title means "A knight for vampire(s)" or "Vampire's Knight", then there should be a possession "の" in between those two words and becomes ヴァンパイア騎士.

If this is the knight(s) who is/are vampires, then the original wordings of ヴァンパイア騎士 is enough and correct.

You also need to know that the kanji 騎士 has no exact tone of "singular" or "plural". That is, it can mean either "singular" or "plural" depending on the context.

騎士 ふたり. そして姫は....?

The kanji 騎士 remains the same definition of "Knight". But because of hiragana "ふたり" which means "two", the actual translation of that line becomes "Two Knights. And the princess is...?"

You will find the similar interpretation from this link below or English version to be released by VZ's Shojo Beat.

As how the cover pic shows above, the two knights are seemingly referring to both Zero and Aidou, and the princess is more likely "Yuuki" herself. However, we can't conclude that both Zero and Aidou are the only knights that Vampire Knight is about based on that pic. In my opinion, the title of "Vampire Knight" is just a general title and doesn't refer to anyone specific.

Thank you very much ! *bows* that was so helpful ^^

Last edited by Falc0n on Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
    juliet
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Humor : Anytime...
    Warning Zone

Post by juliet on Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:26 pm

I also think the same, like all knights fight for the good fight after all...also thanks for explaining all of these info...its been really helpful... cheers

I' ll show you a sweet dream next time

Rikana-hime
    Human

Warning Zone

Post by Rikana-hime on Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:34 pm

solar wrote:
    Falc0n wrote:I got a question guys. I wanted to translate the title to some other language thus I need to understand the title very well.

does the title means :

or

This is a good question.

騎士 ふたり. そして姫は....?

The kanji 騎士 remains the same definition of "Knight". But because of hiragana "ふたり" which means "two persons", the actual translation of that line becomes "Two Knights. And the princess is...?"

Excellent explanation!!!! *bow*
    nina
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Warning Zone

Post by nina on Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:09 pm

solar wrote:

does the title means :

or

This is a good question.

騎士 ふたり. そして姫は....?

Thank you solar for the detailed explanation about the title. cheers cheers cheers

This is what I believed too … the title belongs to everybody that acts as a knight defending the good from evil.

In this sense the whole NC deserves this title since they saved the DC in the 1st arc … Yuuki too etc.

But if we want to narrow it a bit and considering that this story is a shoujo i.e. most of the story revolves around the heroine aka Yuuki then my interpretation also is that “Vampire Knight” is every character who protects the “princess”.

This ^^^ interpretation is supported from the cover above with the title “Two knights and the princess is …?” which apparently includes Zero and Hanabusa who protected the princess Yuuki.

In that light Zero was mainly the knight in the first arc, the NC who wanted to protect her as the lover of their leader, Hanabusa in the second arc and ofc last but not least Kaname who devoted his life to Yuuki’s protection from the day one of her life.

Spoiler:

kialovejapan
    Vampire Noble Class
    Vampire Noble Class

Warning Zone

Post by kialovejapan on Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:03 pm

I ' ve just reviewed the tenth episode of vk and maybe the meaning of vampire knight is linked about when yuuki and kaname were child and they used to dance togheter... Yuuki in this episode says to Kaname that she was a disaster to dance but she could do thanks to a GOOD KNIGHT!!! Kaname!! So maybe he could be the real knight!!!!
    P.s
    Just another little add...!!
    Well, I reviewed the last episode of Vampire Knight Guilty...and....Ruka tells to Aido that in the fight against Rido he was a good Knight!!!! sFun_cheerleader2 Soo My idea is that Knight means or it's refers to the person who protect Yuuki: the Princess...In the first parte we saw Zero as the Knight, and in the second part we have Aido as the knight (because he was respecting the Kaname's orders..)..and now is Kaname because he's he Yuuki boyfriend...but with the latest news kaname left Yuuki alone...Poor Yuuki...!!!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:32 am