And that’s the key point IMO of what Kaname is doing currently. Since the true co-existence through changing nature and attitude is a long way ahead in the meantime he takes the responsibility to “deliver eternal sleep to any of his kind who is a threat to human lives”!
The hunters agreed on that and at least from their side he has the authority to proceed …
I agree with you... Here are the hunter's blunders:
1. The hunters first suspected Kaname has something to do with Sara's wrong doings--which I believe is an overblown suspicion that is solely on the idea that Kaname "has always been dealing with matters of the purebloods" (totally forgetting that Kaname is ALSO the one leading pacifist ideals, not slavery ideals
) but its ok to suspect...after all they knew Kaname wiped out the council...which he explained to them before.
however their method of questioning Aido for a suspicion they lack solid evidence on is really pushing it. Worst of all, the people who can prove this wrong is not really putting anything productive on the plate: Kaien and Zero
Aido had his say but he was still detained like that! :no: The suspicion on Kaname was not even that strong to push some answers out of him.
they were being irrational there...poor aido :no:
Their suspicion was also a bit subjective, I think... Did they forget that Kaname was PART of their treaty, and that he represents vampires? And for this, he was interested in peace as he did suggest that they will cooperate? And he was the one present on their meetings all the time? It was like they suspected he was in league with the dark forces in that moment, and by pushing answers out of Aido, the answers they want to hear apparently, it's similar to trying to prove Kaname has something dark up his sleeve.
which I think is quite wrong of them to do...they are supposed to be neutral.
Another thing they are forgetting is exactly what you said that contained in their treaty: “deliver eternal sleep to any of his kind who is a threat to human lives”
Kaname included this himself, it makes utterly no sense
at all if they have strong suspicions that he is going against this by allying himself with Sara!
(Sara's actions contrasts with Kaname's as she's using human lives for her personal whims... while Kaname wiped out the council because they were corrupt, punished Touma because he hurt Yuki, and the yet unexplained murder of hanadagi and nagamichi... but note the difference is that sara deals with human lives while kaname deals with vampire's)
conclusion: their suspicions are groundless and they have taken in Aido and interrogated him harshly for nothing
2. Putting Yuki on the suspicion table next...
Apparently Kaien and corporation witnessed Kaname killing Nagamichi and possibly they also ruled out the murder with Hanadagi as Kaname's doing...
so they took in Yuki for questioning.
there's a huge wtf here...
They're forgetting again the contents of the treaty:“ Kaname has the right to deliver eternal sleep to any of his kind who is a threat to human lives”
The point is that the hunters are as much in the dark that Hanadagi could be a threat to human lives (they don't know that), nor do they know if Nagamichi's death was necessary... In fact, these vampires are not even within their scope! These are vampires that are within kaname's scope as head representative... The hunter's scope, according to treaty, is to punish vampires who they think needs legitimate excuse to be punished, but is the death of a VAMPIRE within their scope?? that is the question we don't know and we're not clarified... Are they also responsible for any irrational loss of life for BOTH sides? Because if this is true then they have the right to butt in and intrude with vampire business...
but if not they're just intruding unnecessarily :x and they're disregarding everything Kaname had done in the past, their treaty and everything else for the sake of the murder they see now..
furthermore by keeping Yuki under watch inspite of the fact that Kaien did tell her she has freedom to move around the association, (a hunter was following her even when she was outside :no:), when she has already said she doesn't know anything about Kaname's intentions... Moreover, this all happens despite what Kaien knows of her adopted daughter.
They stretch this further by keeping guards around in the academy where she aims to establish the treaty and strengthen it... One of the guards, Zero, even FORBID her to talk with Yori! They are overdoing it IMO.. :no:
3. The greatest crime is that with all these events, they COMPLETELY neglected the suspicion on Sara... Instead they focused their suspicion on innocent witnesses and concentrate their forces there!
If that hunter gives in to Sara's pleas voluntarily
, that makes their law enforcing skills terribly lousy IMO.
As for the defense on Kaname being dubbed as "playing God"..
- why not. He does have powers that can be considered god-like
-he did create many of the major foundations in vampire society today:
1.Kuran pacifism:he is the ancestor of Kurans, makes sense he begun it too
2. A Kuran that came from his roots also removed the monarchy which was replaced by the senate and the association that we see today. Practically speaking he is one of the founders of that system.
3. He gave hunters the knowledge how to use the antivampire weapons. They won't be hunters without him.
4. He was also responsible for the creation of hunters as they are now by starting the experiment, through which with the sacrifice of the woman they were able to gain power of the hunter and the instinct to hate vampires
5. The survival of the human race was due in part of his speculated leadership during the war with the humans and vampires
6. He is a pureblood. Believe me that adds to the authority of a "god" due to the power and abilities alone.
For this Kaname is god-like... he is not "playing" god because he can be a god if he wants to... it's the same for other purebloods if they wanted to...