Vampire Knight & Manga Forum

In order to fully enjoy the board and it's function, you can always log in or sign up to an account. Thank you...
Vampire Knight & Manga Forum

Α forum dedicated to Hino's Matsuri best-seller manga Vampire Knight and the manga we love

Gallery


Latest topics

» The Final Countdown
Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:47 am by lililovelilica

» New VK Chapter is HERE!
Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:42 am by lililovelilica

» Links for Other Vampire Knight Forums and Sites that you like and enjoy!!
Sun Aug 21, 2016 7:25 pm by Saphira_K

» VK Memories CH 6!
Thu Aug 18, 2016 6:13 pm by Saphira_K

» VK Memories
Wed Jun 01, 2016 5:59 pm by Saphira_K

» New VK Chapter SPOILERS!
Mon Apr 18, 2016 5:47 pm by Saphira_K

» New VK Bonus Ch!!
Fri Dec 18, 2015 12:53 am by Saphira_K

» Translation of 'Fleeting Dreams'
Wed Sep 09, 2015 2:20 am by Saphira_K

» Bunko Editions
Wed Sep 09, 2015 2:18 am by Saphira_K

» New Vampire knight Extra
Wed Sep 09, 2015 2:15 am by Saphira_K

» The Musical (Original and Revive)
Sun Aug 23, 2015 2:40 am by Dreamiel

» NEW CHAPTER IN 2015?
Mon Jun 01, 2015 12:16 am by Unknown00

» Newbie in the forum...
Fri May 01, 2015 7:13 pm by aisan4494

» Who do you think Yuki loves more: Kaname or Zero?
Fri May 01, 2015 7:09 pm by aisan4494

» Zeki or Yume?
Fri May 01, 2015 7:04 pm by aisan4494

» So What will happen of Kaname?
Thu Mar 19, 2015 6:25 pm by matei alina

» Does anybody think Yuki wasted time in Chapter 93?
Tue Dec 30, 2014 6:49 am by HomieV

» Symbolism Blog on VK & New Novel!!
Wed Dec 17, 2014 6:39 pm by Kara

» Ever "missed" a Chapter?
Tue Oct 14, 2014 1:35 am by Katherine

» What kind of feeling?
Mon Oct 06, 2014 1:03 am by Saphira_K

We and the Youtube

Poll

would you like to read a sequel of vk?or is hino thinking of writing one?
59% 59% [ 24 ]
27% 27% [ 11 ]
15% 15% [ 6 ]

Total Votes : 41

Friends


Terry Candy


    Is the return in academy a Zero-Yuuki fanservice before the end?

    Share
    avatar
    juliet
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

    Posts : 5024
    Join date : 2010-05-05
    Location : Deep, deep forest
    Humor : Anytime...
    Warning Zone

    Is the return in academy a Zero-Yuuki fanservice before the end?

    Post by juliet on Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:39 am

    First topic message reminder :

    There is the opinion outhere that the second school arc is probably a last effort for Zero-Yuuki fanservice before Hino pulls the curtain and we reach the Yume Finals (haha, what am I saying today? LOL). You think that's the trick with the school arc or couldn't Hino develop the script in another destination if she wanted to make Yuuki as the current vampire leader without puting them on the school grounds?






    I' ll show you a sweet dream next time

    sweetsolace
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

    Posts : 1047
    Join date : 2011-02-24

    Re: Is the return in academy a Zero-Yuuki fanservice before the end?

    Post by sweetsolace on Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:21 am

    @nina

    I completely agree with your interpretations. now to add mine.

    First Kiss
    yes thanks for explaining this it's clearer to me now ~ I think this scene is symbolic and can define Zero-Yuki relationship in one go.
    I also noticed the first kiss is important to demonstrate who took the girl most important moment first. See that Zero woke up from his nightmare of killing Yuki, and when Yuki shakes him he nearly kisses her... but stops. Why did he stop? What is stopping him? Ok, but if this happened in another setting that he stopped because of divine intervention, that is acceptable. But he stopped because he believed it wasn't right--that he was going in the way of Yuki's heart and humanity --he was giving way to them. This act of stopping actually depicts the beliefs that Zero had always shown towards Yuki throughout the entire manga -- that he is not for her. He believes this, he thinks Yuki is for Kaname, and he owes his life to her. It's a fact that prevails until now.
    Yuki's reaction to the almost First Kiss is also symbolic. She blushes at the implications of the kiss, she was confused why Zero leaned forward as though to kiss her then stopped and he explained the strange behavior was just a nightmare, but this didnt help Yuki. She still thought what that could mean. I think there was a part in Yuki that wondered if the kiss was a kiss and not a result from a nightmare. That part was the moment where Zero has a chance to defeat Kaname.

    But he stopped.

    And this just proves the point that was always shown afterwards--- That he will always feel that Yuki is not the girl for him. He didn't even give Yuki the chance to decide who she loves more by confessing his feelings, instead, he pushed her more to Kaname. Yuki had options, no matter what options, she was free to love.
    And Yuki, who was still left wondering what he meant by that kiss, fell for Kaname's love that returned her affections despite her hesitations, and ultimately claimed her. Despite everything, and I mean despite everything, Kaname had no hesitations, he was a vampire and she was a human, it was a taboo yet that didn't limit him. It doesn't matter if he was doing it because he was confident, the fact is that Kaname DID everything for the love. While Zero did nothing.
    Its not that Zero is generous, or that he is selfless and he wants to give Yuki away. That's not relevant at all, the fact that he showed this generosity and reluctance to own her in the first place (Regardless of the circumstances) will always accentuate his role in the LT as bearer of the Unrequited Love.

    Zero stomps on this role more as he kisses Yuki the final goodbye, where she doesn't kiss him back, and where she mentions she loves Kaname...

    Yuki then breaks down crying when she realizes that Zero has feelings for her. I think those tears meant the chance Zero could've had, or it can just mean she feels sympathy. But nevertheless even with that or inevitably, she decides to go with Kaname.

    Eternity/ Forever VS Mortality/ Limits
    This 2 concepts can define YUME and ZEKI
    Yuki's status as pureblood is the defining mark, Kaname as a pureblood makes their union "destined", they are the "right" ones for each other, while Zero as a level C/D/E vampire and also as a vampire hunter makes their union unequal, incompatible but not forbidden (1st arc human yuki and vampire zero biting each other was forbidden, but not now). It was emphasized that purebloods should be with purebloods for many reasons such as procreation, eternity, survival etc. while there were some references that point out the union of a pureblood and lower level vampire results in failure (Shizuka and her xhuman lover, Aido and the level E he had to kill, the vampire who bit a human in the day class and had to be put down, etc.) I believe this were all made to show how defining a status can be for a vampire or a human.

    In this way not only is YUME supported by facts in the manga, it is also supported by logic. while ZEKI is supported by gut feeling, intensity, tension, familiarity and the entire "unequal means excitement" so in short, the more ZEKI looks like it has all odds against them, the more it looks exciting or provoking emotions, however it doesn't take away the fact that they're incompatible on context no matter how you turn the page around. I hope I'm making my point.

    ZEKI is also forbidden love
    ...if Yuki has feelings for Zero while she is with Kaname. She is already starting to prove this if she will bite him, that means she committed adultery since Kaname and her are already a couple. In a sense that's forbidden love.

    juliet wrote:
    Here I want to say that if Hino considers ambiguity to be
    fanservice, I tend to think is not. Because fanservice by definition
    satisfies the fans, what and who does the ambiguity, in this case,
    satisfies? because let's just detach ourselves from preference and see
    it from the outside.

    I base it more on the fact that both fandoms are hoping for an ending with the couple, this must be because the hope is still there and that alone is enough satisfaction to keep going.

    LT as the Fanservice - It drags. the fact that its still called a Love Triangle means there's still hope Yuki will flip to Zero. You can't deny that. Yuki's constant flipping between Zero and
    Kaname in her thoughts is a very example. The fact that ZEKIS are
    saying, "You just weren't expecting that. We've known it all along that Yuki loves him" and YUMES are going "WTF i didn't see this coming! she was always thinking about kaname and now she goes Zero?" shows AMBIGUITY. Its not CLEAR. So it keeps both fandoms alive. She said she already loved Kaname and only want his blood - this is in the manga - she even remembered that promise, and now she just went for the blood on Zero's neck! she even went that far! But it doesn't fit some of the scenes. The half heart is ambiguous.
    Some say "If the LT is over, then why is still there a second arc?" Lol despite that this question ignores there's still the plot to settle ... Razz Yuki in the second arc didnt improve her relationship with zero, it wasnt showing hints of getting to a resolution (except now) and only now. i believe the second arc was made to mend this. what do you think is the purpose of the second arc in the LT other than its resolution?

    But anyway, I also agree with you that this can be a Plot Device. In a way, its like a huge Cliff hanger on standby as a footnote. Razz

    I will reply to the rest later, I have to go now~~ Very Happy
    avatar
    Howl4fun
    Common Vampire
    Common Vampire

    Posts : 229
    Join date : 2011-02-24
    Warning Zone

    Re: Is the return in academy a Zero-Yuuki fanservice before the end?

    Post by Howl4fun on Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:52 am

    I see the future leader of the hunters and the leader of vampires/NC hiding away in the woods to feed of another. If that's not forbidden/taboo I don't know what is. x3 The two of them are doing "an unforgivable act" all over again. I so love it
    avatar
    Anneliezz
    Pureblood Vampire
    Pureblood Vampire

    Posts : 454
    Join date : 2011-05-25
    Location : Belgium
    Humor : 1.Being a pure(blood) pervert. 2. Installing the day-class-spy-cameras in zero's room 3.WCZF-club!!
    Warning Zone

    Re: Is the return in academy a Zero-Yuuki fanservice before the end?

    Post by Anneliezz on Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:59 am

    Howl4fun wrote:I see the future leader of the hunters and the leader of vampires/NC hiding away in the woods to feed of another. If that's not forbidden/taboo I don't know what is. x3 The two of them are doing "an unforgivable act" all over again. I so love it
    I agree, i love the taboo scenes


    And for the record, i don't think it's fan service, little moments between characters are fanservice to me, not the entire plot off starting a new night class etc. you get my point
    avatar
    juliet
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

    Posts : 5024
    Join date : 2010-05-05
    Location : Deep, deep forest
    Humor : Anytime...
    Warning Zone

    Re: Is the return in academy a Zero-Yuuki fanservice before the end?

    Post by juliet on Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:25 pm

    Howl4fun wrote:I see the future leader of the hunters and the leader of vampires/NC hiding away in the woods to feed of another. If that's not forbidden/taboo I don't know what is. x3 The two of them are doing "an unforgivable act" all over again. I so love it

    Ιt's in the schoolgrounds, (dayclass - vampires), vampires are supposed to not exist, in this sense all vampires are still a taboo. M...so that scene does not convey the meaning of the fobitten love - perhaps that of the forbitten bite...






    I' ll show you a sweet dream next time
    avatar
    nina
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

    Posts : 2823
    Join date : 2010-05-17
    Location : My world lalala Kanameland <3
    Humor : Black sarcasm
    Warning Zone

    Re: Is the return in academy a Zero-Yuuki fanservice before the end?

    Post by nina on Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:30 pm

    Howl4fun wrote:I see the future leader of the hunters and the leader of vampires/NC hiding away in the woods to feed of another. If that's not forbidden/taboo I don't know what is. x3 The two of them are doing "an unforgivable act" all over again. I so love it


    What it seems that you overlook …

    1. Now they had to hide mostly cuz are in the school grounds … it’s well-known that is forbidden to take fresh blood … so the forbidden part is irrelevant with their natures but relevant with the location and the relationship they share currently. However even if two members of the NC would like to do the same, the same prohibition applies too. I suppose the rule exists in order to not disturb the other vampires by the smell of the spilled blood.

    2. If in the future they are the leader of the hunters and the leader of the vampires, and they are an official couple, where is the taboo? It would be strange; maybe. It would be something new; more likely … but where is the taboo if everyone knows about their relationship? Where is the taboo if their roles aren’t controversial????
    Zero is something also new for the society … he is a vampire’s hunter and a vampire himself … in the way you describes the taboo Zero’s nature is also a taboo in a sense. But the hunters’ society accepted him. I suppose with reservation at first but eventually became acceptable. In the same way a new pairing would be acceptable.

    Except if you mean that they will perpetrate adultery … haha then yes, in a sense that would be considered forbidden, but again not a taboo.

    A taboo remains a taboo regardless the circumstances ... example a relationship between a brother and a sister in the human's society will always considered as a taboo ... no matter what.

    edit: Juliet it seems you took the words of my mouth lol. cheers





    "... I want to fall down with you to the very farthest depths ... taint me too Kaname"



    Spoiler:

    *wants to sneak under these bed sheets*

    Jen
    Human

    Posts : 3
    Join date : 2011-06-25
    Warning Zone

    Re: Is the return in academy a Zero-Yuuki fanservice before the end?

    Post by Jen on Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:36 pm

    The events in the latest chapters are far more than "fanservice." With everything that's happened, if it was just fanservice, then Hino is being quite the troll. To me it looks like Hino is making efforts to finally resolve the love triangle.

    Personally, I think Kaname's action have made it impossible for him to end up with Yuuki now. He's killed a number of people who never did anything to him AND he left Yuuki behind. And all of this immediately after Yuuki said she wanted a restart of their relationship so she could look at Kaname properly from now on (get to know the real Kaname). Kaname hasn't exactly shown a good side to himself here.

    Of course Yuuki loves Kaname and will always care for him (if nothing else, they are family), but if her love for him were really as strong as it should be, then Zero would be no temptation for her, and certainly not this quickly after leaving Kaname. The longer Kaname is gone, the less chance he and Yuuki have to fix the problems in their relationship, and the more the story will shift away from them as a pairing. There are many, many problems in the Zero/Yuuki relationship, but they are getting the development they need right now to fix them. That's definitely more than fanservice.
    avatar
    sweetsolace
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

    Posts : 1047
    Join date : 2011-02-24
    Humor : look in the mirror, you'll love it~ ;)
    Warning Zone

    Re: Is the return in academy a Zero-Yuuki fanservice before the end?

    Post by sweetsolace on Sat Jun 25, 2011 1:47 pm

    Howl4fun wrote:I see the future leader of the hunters and the leader of vampires/NC hiding away in the woods to feed of another. If that's not forbidden/taboo I don't know what is. x3 The two of them are doing "an unforgivable act" all over again. I so love it

    juliet wrote:
    Ιt's in the schoolgrounds, (dayclass - vampires), vampires are supposed to not exist, in this sense all vampires are still a taboo. M...so that scene does not convey the meaning of the fobitten love - perhaps that of the forbitten bite...

    yes LOL there are vampires roaming around after all. And the forest is a huge space, I would rather prefer the privacy of the bedroom LOL. anyway Vampires are already taboo, maybe the act of biting itself is the forbidden act.

    And the ones who are enforcing the policies against biting are the ones doing the biting themselves cheers we have great future leaders of vampire society

    nina wrote:
    2. If in the future they are the leader of the hunters and the leader of the vampires, and they are an official couple, where is the taboo? It would be strange; maybe. It would be something new; more likely … but where is the taboo if everyone knows about their relationship? Where is the taboo if their roles aren’t controversial????
    Zero is something also new for the society … he is a vampire’s hunter and a vampire himself … in the way you describes the taboo Zero’s nature is also a taboo in a sense. But the hunters’ society accepted him. I suppose with reservation at first but eventually became acceptable. In the same way a new pairing would be acceptable.

    Except if you mean that they will perpetrate adultery … haha then yes, in a sense that would be considered forbidden, but again not a taboo.

    A taboo remains a taboo regardless the circumstances ... example a relationship between a brother and a sister in the human's society will always considered as a taboo ... no matter what.

    yes i agree its not taboo its forbidden bite simply because this isn't something you would see everyday, hunters are supposed to have been inborn genetic material that tells them to hate vampires, but here we have a vampire-hunter-vampire offering his blood to a vampire... regardless of taboo or forbidden though, i don't understand why zero pulled her into the forest to take her blood, he didn't want to get caught but he's choosing an open free space where anybody can witness or interrupt them. scratch

    Jen wrote:
    Personally, I think Kaname's action have made it impossible for him to end up with Yuuki now. He's killed a number of people who never did anything to him AND he left Yuuki behind. And all of this immediately after Yuuki said she wanted a restart of their relationship so she could look at Kaname properly from now on (get to know the real Kaname). Kaname hasn't exactly shown a good side to himself here.
    Kaname's actions are not yet answered, the fact that you are assuming
    He's killed a number of people who never did anything to him AND he left Yuuki behind
    means he still has to explain his intentions and reveal the outcome of his actions. Kaname killed pureblood heads and aido dono as the sacrifice, none of it explained the reason he did that, but you can guess what.
    The fact that the Restart/RESET button didn't start yet is it has to start before it can end, if it hasn't even started it can't end. Yuki just the same, is confused for his actions and wanted answers from him, not a breakup. LOL.
    She says in this chapter she still trusts him despite everyone else thinking he is a bad guy. So this nulls the impossibility."

    Of course Yuuki loves Kaname and will always care for him (if nothing else, they are family), but if her love for him were really as strong as it should be, then Zero would be no temptation for her, and certainly not this quickly after leaving Kaname.
    That's why its FANSERVICE if there's no reason for Yuki's thirst.

    It is/or will be a fanservice because
    1. there's NO relevant development in either of them prior to the bite - this is important if its going to resolve anything. Yuki just jumped at Zero here, prior to that they were stealing each others preys and giving each other the cold shoulder.
    2. there's NO reason to the bite itself. If Yuki is hungry and her self control is weak or she's drugged then that's justifiable but the others reasons are not at least to me

    what will this scene solve? (IF the bite happens) It just added tension to their relationship, the act was forbidden and its the first arc all over again with yuki sneaking to take Zero's blood this time (it just reminds me of that) . They haven't actually solved anything, Zero taking Yuki somewhere means he knows its wrong, Yuki wanted to talk to him like the past and Zero is suddenly talking to her like in the past, but they didn't discuss their personal troubles.

    And take into account that Zero actually forced her into drinking his blood, he grabbed her and threw her into the forest, bit his wrist to draw blood without asking her if she wanted it, and ultimately was a temptation for Yuki, who's been starving without anyone to feed her but the possibly tampered tablets. The smell alone would be enough incentive.

    The longer Kaname is gone, the less chance he and Yuuki have to fix the problems in their relationship, and the more the story will shift away from them as a pairing. There are many, many problems in the Zero/Yuuki relationship, but they are getting the development they need right now to fix them. That's definitely more than fanservice.

    the latest chapter just did a complete JUMP at solving zero's issue with his vampire hate by offering his blood to a vampire, it was completely out of the blue and out of character given he's been rude towards her until recently. Yuki is out of character too, just recently she had said their views will never meet, but "their interest does"??? bounce It seems zero's issues, if they are being resolved now, is just too fast and abrupt, IMO.
    avatar
    Anneliezz
    Pureblood Vampire
    Pureblood Vampire

    Posts : 454
    Join date : 2011-05-25
    Location : Belgium
    Humor : 1.Being a pure(blood) pervert. 2. Installing the day-class-spy-cameras in zero's room 3.WCZF-club!!
    Warning Zone

    Re: Is the return in academy a Zero-Yuuki fanservice before the end?

    Post by Anneliezz on Sat Jun 25, 2011 4:37 pm

    sweetsolace wrote:
    And take into account that Zero actually forced her into drinking his blood, he grabbed her and threw her into the forest, bit his wrist to draw blood without asking her if she wanted it, and ultimately was a temptation for Yuki, who's been starving without anyone to feed her but the possibly tampered tablets. The smell alone would be enough incentive.
    if you're saying that this is zero's responsebility (if you're not, i'm sorry , then i understood wrong), then I don't agree with you, yuuki should just decide who she wants (if she had biteen his wrist after he had already shown his blood i would've agreed,but now..)
    .....

    the latest chapter just did a complete JUMP at solving zero's issue with his vampire hate by offering his blood to a vampire, it was completely out of the blue and out of character given he's been rude towards her until recently. Yuki is out of character too, just recently she had said their views will never meet, but "their interest does"??? bounce It seems zero's issues, if they are being resolved now, is just too fast and abrupt, IMO.
    I don't find it too abrupt (personal opinion), he has been helping her behind the screens, though he wasn't very friendly, he just hasn't helped her so obvious
    (it is surprising that he admits helping her though (maybe marias words have sth to do with it), i do agree with that)
    avatar
    sweetsolace
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

    Posts : 1047
    Join date : 2011-02-24
    Humor : look in the mirror, you'll love it~ ;)
    Warning Zone

    Re: Is the return in academy a Zero-Yuuki fanservice before the end?

    Post by sweetsolace on Sat Jun 25, 2011 5:38 pm

    [quote="Anneliezz"]
    sweetsolace wrote:
    And take into account that Zero actually forced her into drinking his blood, he grabbed her and threw her into the forest, bit his wrist to draw blood without asking her if she wanted it, and ultimately was a temptation for Yuki, who's been starving without anyone to feed her but the possibly tampered tablets. The smell alone would be enough incentive.
    if you're saying that this is zero's responsebility (if you're not, i'm sorry , then i understood wrong), then I don't agree with you, yuuki should just decide who she wants (if she had biteen his wrist after he had already shown his blood i would've agreed,but now..)
    .....
    [quote]
    no I was just pointing out that Zero also forced/compelled her to take his blood despite her words, but I'm also confused like I already mentioned why she went for his neck and didn't even touch his wrist scratch scratch

    Anneliezz wrote:
    I don't find it too abrupt (personal opinion), he has been helping her behind the screens, though he wasn't very friendly, he just hasn't helped her so obvious
    (it is surprising that he admits helping her though (maybe marias words have sth to do with it), i do agree with that)

    yes he was helping her I knew about that, Maria questioning him and his answer was also odd since Maria was not someone he really knows. Yori once asked him what he plans to do with Yuki, he didn't answer. And now he says "I never thought Yuki betrayed me" sorry its just surprising, I know its meaning ful and a huge word. In the past, Zero who was never vocal about his thoughts, most esp about Yuki, is now telling maria what he thought, is now giving blood to the vampire he hated the most, and is now talking to her. scratch I just found it strange, I expected more, but Zero got over his major issues in one chapter. affraid or maybe he didn't... and he forced himself to get over it for yuki
    avatar
    Anneliezz
    Pureblood Vampire
    Pureblood Vampire

    Posts : 454
    Join date : 2011-05-25
    Location : Belgium
    Humor : 1.Being a pure(blood) pervert. 2. Installing the day-class-spy-cameras in zero's room 3.WCZF-club!!
    Warning Zone

    Re: Is the return in academy a Zero-Yuuki fanservice before the end?

    Post by Anneliezz on Sat Jun 25, 2011 6:04 pm

    [quote="sweetsolace"][quote="Anneliezz"]
    sweetsolace wrote:
    And take into account that Zero actually forced her into drinking his blood, he grabbed her and threw her into the forest, bit his wrist to draw blood without asking her if she wanted it, and ultimately was a temptation for Yuki, who's been starving without anyone to feed her but the possibly tampered tablets. The smell alone would be enough incentive.
    if you're saying that this is zero's responsebility (if you're not, i'm sorry , then i understood wrong), then I don't agree with you, yuuki should just decide who she wants (if she had biteen his wrist after he had already shown his blood i would've agreed,but now..)
    .....

    no I was just pointing out that Zero also forced/compelled her to take his blood despite her words, but I'm also confused like I already mentioned why she went for his neck and didn't even touch his wrist scratch scratch



    yes he was helping her I knew about that, Maria questioning him and his answer was also odd since Maria was not someone he really knows. Yori once asked him what he plans to do with Yuki, he didn't answer. And now he says "I never thought Yuki betrayed me" sorry its just surprising, I know its meaning ful and a huge word. In the past, Zero who was never vocal about his thoughts, most esp about Yuki, is now telling maria what he thought, is now giving blood to the vampire he hated the most, and is now talking to her. scratch I just found it strange, I expected more, but Zero got over his major issues in one chapter. affraid or maybe he didn't... and he forced himself to get over it for yuki

    haha confusion all over, well the chapter was indeed kinda confusing (though i expected it, but i don't want to discuss that, it think already enough people did----> so ignore this), i get your point now cheers
    avatar
    rumland
    Vampire Noble Class
    Vampire Noble Class

    Posts : 337
    Join date : 2011-02-28
    Location : Fontana C.A U.S.A
    Warning Zone

    Re: Is the return in academy a Zero-Yuuki fanservice before the end?

    Post by rumland on Sat Jun 25, 2011 6:06 pm

    sweetsolace wrote:no I was just pointing out that Zero also forced/compelled her to take his blood despite her words, but I'm also confused like I already mentioned why she went for his neck and didn't even touch his wrist scratch scratch
    Kaname spent over 6 months spoiling yuki by drip feeding her thru his wrist, the previous pages was yuki talking about how weak she is and how she is unable to take what she wants with her fangs. Maybe she just decided not to be spoiled anymore and that she is going to take what she wants now. This however does have a few holes in it, like the fact that she is being given blood at all is spoiling her, I highly doubt zero would let any other vampire get even a drop of his blood with out killing them.
    Also another thought, if she drains him enought here, he might be bed ridden, then he wont be getting in her way. Then in comes maria to nurse him back to health. lol Yuki walks in and sees maria in zeros room wearing a nurse outfit.
    avatar
    Howl4fun
    Common Vampire
    Common Vampire

    Posts : 229
    Join date : 2011-02-24
    Warning Zone

    Re: Is the return in academy a Zero-Yuuki fanservice before the end?

    Post by Howl4fun on Sat Jun 25, 2011 6:42 pm

    Oh, but I didn't refer to the end of chapter 73 as forbidden "love", but like you said Juliet, a forbidden, or at least, highly inappropriate bite. The rule is that a vampire is only allowed to bite someone if the one they bite allows it. So if a hunter sees them, they'll now there are two options. 1) Yuuki attacked him which she would recieve punishment for (actually being death according to that rule) or 2) Zero is letting her, which would probably 'cause quite a fuss and interrogation of him, the other hunters maybe even losing their faith in him, doubting what kind of hunter leader he is if he's messing around with purebloods and letting them bite him. Remember the previous leader who had done something similar, which was becoming an accomplice of a (or more?) purebloods, taking their blood. She turned crazy and had to be executed. Seeing the next leader showing signs of doing the same himself wouldn't exactly be well recieved by them all. It'd be strange if it did O.o The two sides have never been on good terms, so seeing a pureblood and their next leader indulge in something so inapppropriate (if you won't buy forbidden) and intimate, I think at least they all would be thinking the worst at first.
    ------------

    Development for the (almost) bite scene in 73: the deal is, it's not about "development", it's about hidden/supressed feelings and/or cravings. When the ones carrying these reveals them, it is always abrupt. The ending of 73 is no surprise (at least not to any zeki scratch ), as hints of their efforts in suppressing whatever they feel about each other have been dropped here and there for a long time now. Yuuki, just like Zero, have been a ticking bomb. She just finally lost it. I know some of you argue that she only bit him because something is wrong with her, but maybe Hino did that on purpose, teasingly adding what could be additional reasons so people will figure out according to their preferences what the reason is. And I said this before, but well, personally I take it as a pretty big deal how she went for his neck. If she only wanted "blood" because something was wrong/she was crazy hungry, she would have drinked from his wrist. That's why Zero offered it, it wasn't romantic or too intimate, but a pretty platonic and quick way of easing her hunger. Yet she just smells his blood, looks at him with a faint blush, and then ..ATTACK xD I know you want to discuss there might be other reasons for it, but that's okay. I won't argue on that anymore, we have our different viewpoints.

    Then in comes Maria to nurse him back to health. lol Yuki walks in and sees Maria in zeros room wearing a nurse outfit.
    LOL That'd be epic beyond words, hahah, I needed that laugh, thank you Rumland XDDD

    Jen
    Human

    Posts : 3
    Join date : 2011-06-25
    Warning Zone

    Re: Is the return in academy a Zero-Yuuki fanservice before the end?

    Post by Jen on Sun Jun 26, 2011 1:11 am

    Of course Yuuki loves Kaname and will always care for him (if nothing else, they are family), but if her love for him were really as strong as it should be, then Zero would be no temptation for her, and certainly not this quickly after leaving Kaname.
    sweetsolace wrote:That's why its FANSERVICE if there's no reason for Yuki's thirst.

    It is/or will be a fanservice because
    1. there's NO relevant development in either of them prior to the bite - this is important if its going to resolve anything. Yuki just jumped at Zero here, prior to that they were stealing each others preys and giving each other the cold shoulder.
    2. there's NO reason to the bite itself. If Yuki is hungry and her self control is weak or she's drugged then that's justifiable but the others reasons are not at least to me

    what will this scene solve? (IF the bite happens) It just added tension to their relationship, the act was forbidden and its the first arc all over again with yuki sneaking to take Zero's blood this time (it just reminds me of that) . They haven't actually solved anything, Zero taking Yuki somewhere means he knows its wrong, Yuki wanted to talk to him like the past and Zero is suddenly talking to her like in the past, but they didn't discuss their personal troubles.

    And take into account that Zero actually forced her into drinking his blood, he grabbed her and threw her into the forest, bit his wrist to draw blood without asking her if she wanted it, and ultimately was a temptation for Yuki, who's been starving without anyone to feed her but the possibly tampered tablets. The smell alone would be enough incentive.

    I still disagree about it not being fanservice. To discuss your 1 and 2 points:

    There was development prior to the bite. If you re-read chapters 69-72 looking ONLY for Yuuki's hunger (times when she grips her neck, takes blood tablets, actually says she's hungry), you will see that Yuuki has gotten more and more hungry as time went on. She was taking blood tablets like candy by the end of 72 (and complaining about the taste, which meant they weren't helping her.) The fact that she actually jumped Yori says a lot about how hungry she is right now.

    Plus, Yuuki has been wanting Zero's blood specifically for quite a while now. She admitted long ago that Kaname's blood wasn't 100% satisfying to her because she also wants Zero's blood. (Zero + Kaname = a balanced meal. Only one guy or the other = an imbalanced meal. But if she can't have both, then just one guy will have to do. That was the situation with Kaname, and it will be the same situation with Zero.)

    On top of all that, it was pretty obvious that Yuuki would have problems transitioning to blood tablets when Kaname specifically wouldn't let her have any before. All of this justifies Yuuki being hungry enough to not only want someone's blood at this point, but also to specifically want Zero's. Fanservice is something silly like flashing a girl's panties. We all laugh when it happens and then forget about it. Hino did too much work to explain why this might have happened to call it fanservice (you might not think she did enough work, but that's a different situation, not fanservice). Also, these latest events are certainly going to have an effect on the plot and characters, so we definitely won't be able to forget about them and write them off the way we can with fanservice.

    I agree with your point that Yuuki biting Zero won't solve anything. I don't think that's what Hino intended. (Honestly, when have the bites in this series EVER solved anything? When Yuuki finally bit Kaname, it helped their relationship, but it didn't solve their problems. If it had, they wouldn't have needed the restart.) I think this is just a step in the direction of solving their problems. The current problem with Yuuki and Zero is that they were avoiding one another and forcing themselves to act like enemies. Now they can't do that anymore.

    This is also a step in the direction of solving Zero's problems with vampires. (But no, of course it doesn't entirely solve his problems with vampires.) In the conversation between Zero and Maria, we got confirmation that Zero doesn't hate all vampires and treats Yuuki specially. This bite is just another thing the series is doing to make him let go of his anger toward vampires. (He's never voluntarily allowed himself to be bitten.)

    I disagree that Zero FORCED Yuuki to take his blood. Compare what happened between Zero and Yuuki with what happened between Sara and Takuma: Sara grabbed his face and got physical with him. Zero may have dragged Yuuki out into the woods, but after that, he didn't touch her. She was the one who walked over and took his wrist and then went for his neck. He certainly didn't offer his neck. I agree that Zero provided strong encouragement for Yuuki to take his blood, especially by biting his wrist and reminding her of her duty as a leader of the school (I think the translations we read were different: in mine he didn't threaten to destroy the school, but told her she needed to be a better leader or it would destroy the school.) However, strong encouragement is not the same as forcing. It was clear that Yuuki always had the option of saying no and running away. (Yuuki isn't a brainless Level E vampire who can't resist her urges.) Takuma clearly did not have that option and that's why he was forced but Yuuki wasn't.


    Last edited by Jen on Sun Jun 26, 2011 1:16 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : fix html)
    avatar
    rumland
    Vampire Noble Class
    Vampire Noble Class

    Posts : 337
    Join date : 2011-02-28
    Location : Fontana C.A U.S.A
    Warning Zone

    Re: Is the return in academy a Zero-Yuuki fanservice before the end?

    Post by rumland on Sun Jun 26, 2011 1:40 am

    Returning to the school seems to be a way for hino to set yuki up as a leader as well as offer some growth to her charecter, kaname did 1 hell of a job protecting yuki but keeping her locked up actualy stunted her growth and is partialy the reason things are going the way they are now. Yuki was completly spoiled and now dosent know how to handle it that kaname isn't handleing every thing for her.
    The reason for yuki's distrust in kaname right now is also his doing in my opion, he often keeps her in the dark and hides things from her, secrets can destroy a relationship. This distrust yuki has for kaname has been shown before, for an example when ruka left the mansion and yuki ran to kaname asking what he did to her. So there is still progress to be made in the yume relationship.
    So this return of the night class, in my opion, is ment to make yuki able to stand on her own as a pb instead of having to relie on kaname for the rest of there lifes. Only after that happens can a yume or a zeki relationship truly work out.
    Ps. on another note, if kaname bleed zero dry or if zero bleed kaname dry, then wouldn't the surviver, be it kaname or zero, be able to fully satisfy yuki's thirst?
    avatar
    sweetsolace
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

    Posts : 1047
    Join date : 2011-02-24
    Humor : look in the mirror, you'll love it~ ;)
    Warning Zone

    Re: Is the return in academy a Zero-Yuuki fanservice before the end?

    Post by sweetsolace on Sun Jun 26, 2011 3:19 am

    Jen wrote:
    There was development prior to the bite. If you re-read chapters
    69-72 looking ONLY for Yuuki's hunger (times when she grips her neck,
    takes blood tablets, actually says she's hungry), you will see that
    Yuuki has gotten more and more hungry as time went on. She was taking
    blood tablets like candy by the end of 72 (and complaining about the
    taste, which meant they weren't helping her.) The fact that she
    actually jumped Yori says a lot about how hungry she is right now.
    69- they ignored each other. Yuki looking hurt/pained when she saw Zero, and Zero touching his neck but looked at her with a blank expression. No talk. No thirst.
    http://www.mangareader.net/vampire-knight/69/6

    70- Yuki chased the vampire Zero failed to capture, and they had a little talk about the target vampire. Yuki thinking if he's all right in her thoughts.
    http://www.mangareader.net/vampire-knight/70/8

    Zero said she's an eyesore and complained he doesn't want her around
    http://www.mangareader.net/vampire-knight/70/16

    No serious talk. No thirst.

    71- Yuki and Zero managing the Nightclass. Yuki says their views will never meet. And note the distance that separates them while she says this.
    http://www.mangareader.net/vampire-knight/71/10
    http://www.mangareader.net/vampire-knight/71/11

    http://www.mangareader.net/vampire-knight/71/13
    she thinks he's only around to take down vampires. Yuki wanted him out of the picture as she doesn't want to trouble him by managing vampires. Then she remembers the time where he bites her, she thinks if Zero's lvl e is present then says No, it cant be, he must've detached his feelings from those (meaning "i only want your blood"-zero + level E = he's alright and there's no need to worry about him)

    http://www.mangareader.net/vampire-knight/71/17
    there's no indication who Yuki thirsts for here, she just says im thirsty. and she sees the pillbox with the shadowy foreboding backdrop. Since before and after that panel there's Zero, Yori and Kaname in the picture it can be argued she is lusting for any three of them.

    http://www.mangareader.net/vampire-knight/71/30
    and here now Yuki is suddenly helping out with the hunters dispatch the vampies on the street. She was supposed to assist the hunters in the dispatch, now where did that idea originate, I don't know

    72 - here it continues with Yuki's chase to a vampire syndicate.
    http://www.mangareader.net/vampire-knight/72/8
    http://www.mangareader.net/vampire-knight/72/9
    They talk about target vampires again like they're talking about the weather.

    Yuki's pained expression when Zero suddenly yanked her wrist and told her to submit him
    http://www.mangareader.net/vampire-knight/72/12

    Yuki holding her neck. Thirst, lust? does it say who? no.
    http://www.mangareader.net/vampire-knight/72/13

    here it becomes clear who is stressing Yuki out, I think its fair to say Zero's presence was increasing her stress:
    http://www.mangareader.net/vampire-knight/72/23
    and just after that she has a hunger attack and looks at the tablets again, not for the first time. This time she's considering to take it.

    Where's the "development"? Prior to chapter 73 the longest topic they've discussed is about Target Vampires. If they're not talking about that, they're being cold or rude towards each other or doesn't want to see each other, further increasing the tension between them.

    Jen wrote:
    Plus, Yuuki has been wanting Zero's blood specifically for quite a while now.
    it was not directly said but it was implied. however when she lusted she was only grabbing onto her neck, she didnt say who she wanted.

    Jen wrote:On top of all that, it was pretty obvious that Yuuki would have
    problems transitioning to blood tablets when Kaname specifically
    wouldn't let her have any before. All of this justifies Yuuki being
    hungry enough to not only want someone's blood at this point, but also
    to specifically want Zero's. Fanservice is something silly like
    flashing a girl's panties. We all laugh when it happens and then forget
    about it. Hino did too much work to explain why this might have
    happened to call it fanservice (you might not think she did enough work,
    but that's a different situation, not fanservice).
    I wasn't saying it was fanservice, I said if there's no logical reason behind the bite then it is. There are too many things that doesn't remain consistent ever since Yuki decided to start the night class, for example Yuki going out to raid the vampires on the street with her night class was nobody's order but hers, she decided it out of charity, and later on Zero told her she was prone to "endangering the day class students" because she was weak, (must be referring to that scene where yuki was cornered by the vampire) but what does that have anything to do with Yuki's reckless decision in the first place?
    Kaname wouldnt let her have tablets because he was teaching her how to use her fangs. Yuki could've enlisted the help of Aido or Maria, anyone, to teach her how to use blood tablets but she didn't. She has difficulty taking them and she doesn't ask for help. She suddenly feels helpless without hard reasoning to justify that helplessness. The stress building up to her that has no great cause propels her to thirst and lust, and what more convenient blood than the one she missed and avoids the most, Zero.
    The reasoning leading towards the bite is whats a miss for me. Like Juliet said it is infantile justification, I don't think with this reasoning is difficult, its like sticking a reason for the sake of moving on. "You expect me to believe she's a mule when I haven't seen her transform, she could just be wearing a costume" reasoning, for me it looks like Yuki transformed into a mule and I didn't see that happening. I don't buy her "stress" as cause. And the sudden ness of this bite just made me wtf. I know how ZEKIs enjoyed this scene, (and I'm spoiling it Razz ) but it doesn't make sense to me given the events that followed before this. This chapter especially didn't make sense.

    Jen wrote:
    Also, these latest events are certainly going to have an effect on the
    plot and characters, so we definitely won't be able to forget about them
    and write them off the way we can with fanservice.
    I agree with OP said, the re-nightclass feels like an attempt to get them together all for this moment to BITE. And addd more tension, just like the first arc. The setting is the perfect place too, the academy where they spent the most time with. So yes, its looking like a movie set created just to feature their long awaited bite.
    I do not see results of her NC, and she is already crumbling down midway with no apparent reason. Sara is using her NC to camouflage her plans, and she nearly believed her lies. Somehow, how this is related to the plot is yet to be seen, but I hope it does. Or I will think this is what it is, a fanservice.

    Jen wrote:
    I agree with your point that Yuuki biting Zero won't solve anything.
    .
    ..when have the bites in this series EVER solved anything?..
    .
    I think this is just a step in the direction of solving their problems.
    The current problem with Yuuki and Zero is that they were avoiding one
    another and forcing themselves to act like enemies. Now they can't do
    that anymore.
    I hope you're right and this actually solves it. If it just creates additional stress for Yuki, (because she bit Zero knowing she shouldn't) or additional tension then its Fan Servicing.

    Jen wrote:
    This is also a step in the direction of solving Zero's problems
    with vampires. (But no, of course it doesn't entirely solve his
    problems with vampires.) In the conversation between Zero and Maria, we
    got confirmation that Zero doesn't hate all vampires and treats Yuuki
    specially. This bite is just another thing the series is doing to make
    him let go of his anger toward vampires. (He's never voluntarily
    allowed himself to be bitten.)

    I agree it was quite surprising that all of a sudden Zero is giving his blood to a vampire he was having most issues with. Razz I hope this means something. But as for letting Yuki biting him, that remains to be seen until the next chapter.

    Jen wrote:
    I disagree that Zero FORCED Yuuki to take his blood.
    .
    .
    She was the one who walked over and took his wrist and then went for his
    neck. He certainly didn't offer his neck. I agree that Zero provided
    strong encouragement for Yuuki to take his blood, especially by biting
    his wrist and reminding her of her duty as a leader of the school
    You can't deny he did some form of coaxing to make her take his blood. Razz His actions were screaming this. He grabbed her suddenly, pushed her into the forest, drew his blood without confirmation from her, and blackmailed her that if she wouldn't drink it, he would "crush the academy " if she can't handle its vampires, making assumptions on her performance as well as the facilitator, thinking that she was failing in it because of her lust, and Zero also assumed it was for him. Overall, if he was not forcing her, he was coaxing her into drinking his blood, on the premise that it would help her think clearly, when I believe it is just as he said, "that their interest seem to match".
    Yes it did say "crush the academy" from another translation.

    Jen wrote:
    However, strong encouragement is not the same as forcing. It was clear
    that Yuuki always had the option of saying no and running away. (Yuuki
    isn't a brainless Level E vampire who can't resist her urges.) Takuma
    clearly did not have that option and that's why he was forced but Yuuki
    wasn't.

    it can be considered forcing because she did shook her head "no"
    and in her thoughts she was saying "she wont take blood" but Zero had
    already bitten his wrist and the blood was pouring, the smell alone can
    be enticing.
    his body language and his gestures indicate it was so. everything about the scene, for me, was forced, except where yuki goes for his neck, thats another topic. Zero knew Yuki was hungry, and he drew blood from his wrist despite the protest. Ultimately Yuki took it. As for not biting the wrist and going for the neck, I'll leave that to let others explain. Razz
    Though of course if i knew better its his way of getting things done in a rough fashion.

    rumland wrote:
    kaname did 1 hell of a job protecting yuki but keeping her locked up
    actualy stunted her growth and is partialy the reason things are going
    the way they are now.
    nobody said she should handle a whole class she can't take responsibility of. She pushed it on her shoulders, wanting to be of help. She also shoved herself in assisting the hunters in vampie work despite not being obligated to do so. Kaien merely told her its her duty as Kuran representative to continue doing what kaname started, now that's ridiculous now that i see it.

    rumland wrote:
    Returning to the school seems to be a way for hino to set yuki up as a leader as well as offer some growth to her charecter
    .
    .
    So this return of the night class, in my opion, is ment to make yuki
    able to stand on her own as a pb instead of having to relie on kaname
    for the rest of there lifes. Only after that happens can a yume or a
    zeki relationship truly work out.
    I hope that turns out that way. Lately there are more disadvantages for the NC than there are any seen advantages, plus she is clueless to Sara's plans. I don't believe she has matured, because Zero, now is the one pampering her needs and saving her based on his beliefs. In a way blocking this development (for example if zero didnt kill the vampire, Yuki could have killed one vampire with her artemis. She had never killed a vampire before and it always looks like she's competing with Zero on taking down preys. And just now, Zero offered her his blood to make her think straight instead of letting her learn how to deal with using the tablets.. but it remains to be seen how his blood offering will have an effect or help yuki later on. we'll see)
    I hope someone kicks her ass so she'll see the light.

    //
    EDIT:

    just to make it clear I was expecting a bite but not like this, its too early/too fast. I don't think it will solve anything, as I think the bite between Yuki to Zero should be symbolic if it should be done. So I hope something will prevent it from happening. I don't think Zero's bite will help her, this will distract her more because Yuki I'm sure will be hounded by guilt after this, knowing she went against her promise to Kaname, and it will affect her night class duties more, IMO. And Zero didn't offer his blood normally, he had to be rough to show his point which seems like he's just playing around (or hino's making an excuse to try to justify this scene as "necessary"). There are other options if he truly wanted to help her. And the blood on his wrist, he knew Yuki tried to bite him subconsciously before in chapter 60 even knowing that he still wounded his wrist, shouldn't he know she had the tendency to go for his neck?

    and yes the reason I'm bothered by this.

    There doesn't seem to be "love" in the bite, its rough and crude, there's just hunger and lust, like the first arc all over again,just tension - lust - lust - tension - lust pattern

    and no, zero's concern to truly help her is not completely justified, he said it was to make her strong so she can deal with the nightclass , so "she can protect the day class", but in the first place does Yuki have problems with the NC? not that great, just abandonment issues. Yuki had more problems with Kaname abandoning her rather than the NC. And who's actually along with yuki to help her with managing the NC, its Zero, he's the one punishing those who don't obey the rules, so he's the one who's also with her to protect the day class from NC. Where Yuki would fail, Zero would take care, and there was no incident shown where she failed to protect the DC from the NC. In short, that was an excuse.


    Last edited by sweetsolace on Sun Jun 26, 2011 4:31 am; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : edit and add)
    avatar
    mariangie
    Pureblood Vampire
    Pureblood Vampire

    Posts : 597
    Join date : 2011-01-28
    Location : In my lab
    Humor : Mad Doctor
    Warning Zone

    Re: Is the return in academy a Zero-Yuuki fanservice before the end?

    Post by mariangie on Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:16 am

    As Sweetsolace stated before , a bite at this time I don't believe would decide the outcome of the love triangle . It's too soon for this . If Yuuki bites Zero . She probably continues with the doubt if she took Zero's blood because of loving Zero as friend . Or if is romantic love for him . Even she could have doubts if she did the bite attracted to the portion of Kaname's blood inside Zero . Most probably she would feel guilty of betraying her promise to Kaname to biting only him . There's a high probablility she would continue to not being fully satiated after biting Zero's . More doubts equal prolonging the LT for several chapters more .

    The sure thing with this scene now is Yuuki tries to bite a loved one . Not specified yet how she loved him . If as man or friend . But some hours before , she thought of biting Yori ( and almost did it ) . Her best friend and a loved one for her . It's probable a vampire needing to take blood of a loved one could be fullfiled from a best friend / close relative also .If loved a lot . As for example when shown Shiki's mom taking his blood .

    I believe Zero biting Yuuki would give more information about who Yuuki loves more . Because for me , the last time Zero bitten Yuuki , he felt she loves Kaname more . If he bites her now . Felt she changed her feelings to loving him more . This will be a majot turning point .
    avatar
    rumland
    Vampire Noble Class
    Vampire Noble Class

    Posts : 337
    Join date : 2011-02-28
    Location : Fontana C.A U.S.A
    Warning Zone

    Re: Is the return in academy a Zero-Yuuki fanservice before the end?

    Post by rumland on Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:49 am

    I dont see why every one is seeings the bite as a answer to the LT. All the bite is is a stepping stone, it is like the act of moving your finger towerds the domino in a domino effect, which path the falling dominos take is unknown. Rather it be to zero or kaname or even nether. Both guys offer yuki defrent things and both guys hold her back in a way.
    The important thing is that yuki is assurting her self and taking what she wants, this is what the last page ment to me, zero offered yuki a wrist and she decided she wanted his neck aand went to take it. This is the type of change she needs to make in order to keep the night class in line.
    What is next to be seen is if zero submits to yuki and allows it or not, if not then we will see yuki ether back down and apoligize as she normaly does, or take it by force.
    avatar
    juliet
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

    Posts : 5024
    Join date : 2010-05-05
    Location : Deep, deep forest
    Humor : Anytime...
    Warning Zone

    Re: Is the return in academy a Zero-Yuuki fanservice before the end?

    Post by juliet on Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:57 am

    Μ.. Ηino now conveys (hides) Yuuki's biting to Zero over the excuse of hunger (which again I do not like) since Hino's attempt to prolong the triangle shows so much artificial and not naturally coming from the script's development but anyway... just for the history is not a resolution among the two sides...

    we see Zero only offering his blood for the good of the school, so that Yuuki can tame her bloodthirst (which has started being picture from Yori) and we see Yuuki reacting unpredictable going for his neck instead of wrist (for which neck Zero has shown his negativity)...

    So this is no true resolution here...in fact it can complicate the facts rathen than solve anything...







    I' ll show you a sweet dream next time
    avatar
    Howl4fun
    Common Vampire
    Common Vampire

    Posts : 229
    Join date : 2011-02-24
    Warning Zone

    Re: Is the return in academy a Zero-Yuuki fanservice before the end?

    Post by Howl4fun on Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:56 am

    No one quotes me? I feel ignored, lol XD Oh well, we really see this dramatically different so I've no more to add on the matter. I agree with rumland however, that no one is expecting this to solve the LT. What I'm most excited about is what will happen with the bite, like others mentioned, will Zero submit to her or not, will Yuuki interrupt herself and apologize or take all the blood she wants, lol. I've a feeling it's going to be one hell of a moment either way.

    Btw, the preview says "Yuuki and Zero's new contract." Any guesses as to what the "contract" is? Previews have been trolling before, so I'm thinking it's just Zero again letting Yuuki know this was the only time he'll ever let her drink his blood. Razz
    avatar
    juliet
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

    Posts : 5024
    Join date : 2010-05-05
    Location : Deep, deep forest
    Humor : Anytime...
    Warning Zone

    Re: Is the return in academy a Zero-Yuuki fanservice before the end?

    Post by juliet on Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:29 am

    Howl4fun wrote:

    Btw, the preview says "Yuuki and Zero's new contract." Any guesses as to what the "contract" is? Previews have been trolling before, so I'm thinking it's just Zero again letting Yuuki know this was the only time he'll ever let her drink his blood. Razz

    Contract? relation or relationship? i am confused Shocked






    I' ll show you a sweet dream next time
    avatar
    sweetsolace
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

    Posts : 1047
    Join date : 2011-02-24
    Humor : look in the mirror, you'll love it~ ;)
    Warning Zone

    Re: Is the return in academy a Zero-Yuuki fanservice before the end?

    Post by sweetsolace on Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:55 am

    rumland wrote:I dont see why every one is seeings the bite as a answer to the LT. All the bite is is a stepping stone, it is like the act of moving your finger towerds the domino in a domino effect, which path the falling dominos take is unknown. Rather it be to zero or kaname or even nether. Both guys offer yuki defrent things and both guys hold her back in a way.
    The important thing is that yuki is assurting her self and taking what she wants, this is what the last page ment to me, zero offered yuki a wrist and she decided she wanted his neck aand went to take it. This is the type of change she needs to make in order to keep the night class in line.
    What is next to be seen is if zero submits to yuki and allows it or not, if not then we will see yuki ether back down and apoligize as she normaly does, or take it by force.

    I think it is symbolic as Yuki had never bitten before, therefore Yuki's bite is important to the LT.

    if it is important to the LT, I believe it should be saved until the last.

    if the bite resolves anything then its too early/fast.

    I agree though that the bite makes Yuki grow, but just how relevant is "taking what she wants through her fangs"? Yuki's already been spoiled and she's always taking what she wants..

    howl4fun wrote:
    Btw,
    the preview says "Yuuki and Zero's new contract." Any guesses as to what
    the "contract" is? Previews have been trolling before, so I'm thinking
    it's just Zero again letting Yuuki know this was the only time he'll
    ever let her drink his blood. Razz

    perhaps the most obvious, the blood drinking contract. but like you said most previews are trolls Razz so i dont know what to expect
    avatar
    juliet
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

    Posts : 5024
    Join date : 2010-05-05
    Location : Deep, deep forest
    Humor : Anytime...
    Warning Zone

    Re: Is the return in academy a Zero-Yuuki fanservice before the end?

    Post by juliet on Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:00 pm

    sweetsolace wrote:
    howl4fun wrote:
    Btw,
    the preview says "Yuuki and Zero's new contract." Any guesses as to what
    the "contract" is? Previews have been trolling before, so I'm thinking
    it's just Zero again letting Yuuki know this was the only time he'll
    ever let her drink his blood. Razz

    perhaps the most obvious, the blood drinking contract. but like you said most previews are trolls Razz so i dont know what to expect

    Α sorry, I was confused...preview you said...

    It sounds like there is going to be a collaboration of some sort..most probably because Zero said that they need to keep the nightclass controlled. So I suppose that they are going to collaborate with each other for one common cause? Now, I do not think that this is what Sara expected but I am sure she must have her plans for the hunters already...

    if this is valid off course, since yes most of the spoilers are a bit..somehow...






    I' ll show you a sweet dream next time
    avatar
    sweetsolace
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

    Posts : 1047
    Join date : 2011-02-24
    Humor : look in the mirror, you'll love it~ ;)
    Warning Zone

    Re: Is the return in academy a Zero-Yuuki fanservice before the end?

    Post by sweetsolace on Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:12 pm

    juliet wrote:
    sweetsolace wrote:
    howl4fun wrote:
    Btw,
    the preview says "Yuuki and Zero's new contract." Any guesses as to what
    the "contract" is? Previews have been trolling before, so I'm thinking
    it's just Zero again letting Yuuki know this was the only time he'll
    ever let her drink his blood. Razz

    perhaps the most obvious, the blood drinking contract. but like you said most previews are trolls Razz so i dont know what to expect

    Α sorry, I was confused...preview you said...

    It sounds like there is going to be a collaboration of some sort..most probably because Zero said that they need to keep the nightclass controlled. So I suppose that they are going to collaborate with each other for one common cause? Now, I do not think that this is what Sara expected but I am sure she must have her plans for the hunters already...

    if this is valid off course, since yes most of the spoilers are a bit..somehow...

    why does the night class have to be controlled? there's quite a few of them right? scratch
    and I don't see any problems... nor is yuki getting that involve...

    do you see a problem in the NC? scratch
    avatar
    Howl4fun
    Common Vampire
    Common Vampire

    Posts : 229
    Join date : 2011-02-24
    Warning Zone

    Re: Is the return in academy a Zero-Yuuki fanservice before the end?

    Post by Howl4fun on Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:15 pm

    A contract in short is a mutual agreement between two parties, so either it could mean Zero deciding to keep giving her his blood till Kaname returns, (not sure if I see him giving in to this however) or like Juliet said, the two deciding to collaborate on the NC... this makes sense, then again it sounds weird they'll be talking about something casually like this right after Yuuki bites him. After this, they'll both know they can't keep their enemy facades anymore, but I'd expect them to act really awkward now. 1-2 chapters back, Yuuki thought that Zero doesn't love her anymore, and she'll most likely taste his feelings in his blood now so... how will she react? I had a thought she's going to slap him, lol. "All this time you made me believe you hated me when you don't?!" Still, Zero's reaction is the one I'm most excited/anxious about to see.
    avatar
    rumland
    Vampire Noble Class
    Vampire Noble Class

    Posts : 337
    Join date : 2011-02-28
    Location : Fontana C.A U.S.A
    Warning Zone

    Re: Is the return in academy a Zero-Yuuki fanservice before the end?

    Post by rumland on Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:32 pm

    Knowing zero the way I do I think I can write up the new contract.
    Zero (hereby known as Person A) will let Yuki (hereby known as Person B) drink Person A's blood at least once a day as long as Person B is able to keep NightClass (herby known as Group A) under control. If Person B Fails to fullfill this contract and is unable to keep Group A under Person B's control then Person A will then by procced to Kill (hereby known as liqudate) Person B and also liqudate every member of Group A.
    So what you think of the contract lol Razz
    avatar
    mariangie
    Pureblood Vampire
    Pureblood Vampire

    Posts : 597
    Join date : 2011-01-28
    Location : In my lab
    Humor : Mad Doctor
    Warning Zone

    Re: Is the return in academy a Zero-Yuuki fanservice before the end?

    Post by mariangie on Sun Jun 26, 2011 4:13 pm

    rumland wrote:Knowing zero the way I do I think I can write up the new contract.
    Zero (hereby known as Person A) will let Yuki (hereby known as Person B) drink Person A's blood at least once a day as long as Person B is able to keep NightClass (herby known as Group A) under control. If Person B Fails to fullfill this contract and is unable to keep Group A under Person B's control then Person A will then by procced to Kill (hereby known as liqudate) Person B and also liqudate every member of Group A.
    So what you think of the contract lol Razz

    Funny enough . But actually I don't think you are so far form the real deal . Maybe Zero would keep offering Yukki his blood in exchange for the things she make to him in the past . As Yuuki gave him her blood before after he didn't tolerate the blood tablets . Now he would do the same for her . Making her agree to keep the Night Class' control in return .

    Sponsored content

    Re: Is the return in academy a Zero-Yuuki fanservice before the end?

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:18 am