Vampire Knight & Manga Forum

In order to fully enjoy the board and it's function, you can always log in or sign up to an account. Thank you...
Vampire Knight & Manga Forum

Α forum dedicated to Hino's Matsuri best-seller manga Vampire Knight and the manga we love

Gallery


Latest topics

» Links for Other Vampire Knight Forums and Sites that you like and enjoy!!
Sun Aug 21, 2016 7:25 pm by Saphira_Kuran

» VK Memories CH 6!
Thu Aug 18, 2016 6:13 pm by Saphira_Kuran

» New VK Chapter is HERE!
Sun Jun 19, 2016 8:08 pm by Saphira_Kuran

» VK Memories
Wed Jun 01, 2016 5:59 pm by Saphira_Kuran

» The Final Countdown
Wed Jun 01, 2016 2:52 am by Saphira_Kuran

» New VK Chapter SPOILERS!
Mon Apr 18, 2016 5:47 pm by Saphira_Kuran

» New VK Bonus Ch!!
Fri Dec 18, 2015 12:53 am by Saphira_Kuran

» Translation of 'Fleeting Dreams'
Wed Sep 09, 2015 2:20 am by Saphira_Kuran

» Bunko Editions
Wed Sep 09, 2015 2:18 am by Saphira_Kuran

» New Vampire knight Extra
Wed Sep 09, 2015 2:15 am by Saphira_Kuran

» The Musical (Original and Revive)
Sun Aug 23, 2015 2:40 am by Dreamiel

» NEW CHAPTER IN 2015?
Mon Jun 01, 2015 12:16 am by Unknown00

» Newbie in the forum...
Fri May 01, 2015 7:13 pm by aisan4494

» Who do you think Yuki loves more: Kaname or Zero?
Fri May 01, 2015 7:09 pm by aisan4494

» Zeki or Yume?
Fri May 01, 2015 7:04 pm by aisan4494

» So What will happen of Kaname?
Thu Mar 19, 2015 6:25 pm by matei alina

» Does anybody think Yuki wasted time in Chapter 93?
Tue Dec 30, 2014 6:49 am by HomieV

» Symbolism Blog on VK & New Novel!!
Wed Dec 17, 2014 6:39 pm by Kara

» Ever "missed" a Chapter?
Tue Oct 14, 2014 1:35 am by Katherine

» What kind of feeling?
Mon Oct 06, 2014 1:03 am by Saphira_Kuran

We and the Youtube

Poll

would you like to read a sequel of vk?or is hino thinking of writing one?
59% 59% [ 24 ]
27% 27% [ 11 ]
15% 15% [ 6 ]

Total Votes : 41

Friends


Terry Candy


    Vampire Knight Chapter 72 - SCANLATED!

    Share

    Kanamelover<3
    Common Vampire
    Common Vampire

    Posts : 204
    Join date : 2011-03-24
    Location : London
    Warning Zone

    Vampire Knight Chapter 72 - SCANLATED!

    Post by Kanamelover<3 on Wed May 25, 2011 3:11 pm

    First topic message reminder :

    Yeah I translated chapter 72 myself and thought I would share it, it is the first time I have made a scanlation so sorry if it is not perfect Crying or Very sad

    Press spoiler to view chapter Very Happy

    Spoiler:




































































    Kara
    Common Vampire
    Common Vampire

    Posts : 207
    Join date : 2011-04-19

    Re: Vampire Knight Chapter 72 - SCANLATED!

    Post by Kara on Tue May 31, 2011 11:30 am

    I was just thinking about Maria saying that she wants to steal Zero away from Yuuki, and maybe we're interpreting it the wrong way?? What if she meant she would LITERALLY take him away from Yuuki and the academy, and not steal him away as in a romantic manner? Since a lot of you have been saying that Maria was thought to be a sincere character, maybe that would make more sense?? scratch

    As of chapter 72, Maria is now the only other vampire in the Night Class who knows about the spell of submission with Yuuki's bracelet and Zero's tattoo. She witnessed Zero pulling Yuuki towards him and holding the bracelet close to his neck, so Maria now knows what it is and how to use the bracelet. So what if her plan is to literally steal the bracelet and subdue him for Sara...? So they might steal him away and lock him up in Sara's cells so Sara can have her little hunter dog? If they are actually working together (or if Maria is being controlled...?) scratch

    Sorry if that sounds kind of far-fetched Embarassed I guess it's just another crazy theory I come up with while waiting a whole month for the next chapter.... sFun_banghead2 Either way, I really hope we can get a hold of the 73 raws early because I really want to see where Hino is going with this bounce

    Howl4fun
    Common Vampire
    Common Vampire

    Posts : 229
    Join date : 2011-02-24
    Warning Zone

    Re: Vampire Knight Chapter 72 - SCANLATED!

    Post by Howl4fun on Tue May 31, 2011 12:33 pm

    I agree on Maria simply being sincere. Every vampire we've seen in this story have their twisted/teasing sides to them, so I think the approach Maria used was just her being a vampire. xD

    Knightmare
    Common Vampire
    Common Vampire

    Posts : 228
    Join date : 2011-04-30
    Humor : Satirical
    Warning Zone

    Re: Vampire Knight Chapter 72 - SCANLATED!

    Post by Knightmare on Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:56 pm

    sweetsolace wrote: but dont forget that she said that Ichiru's younger brother had slightly changed, and this can be an incentive for her to pursue him seriously.
    I certainly didn't forget. I assume she was reflecting on Zero's rudeness to Yuuki rather than suddenly seeing him as some sudden charmer that she should think about liking. Or are you implying that since Zero is like this, he's more like Ichiru so Maria should like him now? lol

    but seriously, she says that Ichiru's brother has changed and that Yuuki is unexpectedly that man's sister, I see that her as first verbal observation that things have changed about the two of them.


    Her permission to take him is very prudent on her part, she knows nothing about zero except he's ichiru's brother, and yuki is the leader of the night class where she's under, her actions are accountable to yuki's.
    We're simply not going to agree on this, I don't see your logic. First she was being nice, now she's being prudent? Maria isn't approaching Yuuki on a leader-subordinate basis, she's talking about Yuuki's relationship with Zero, she's doing this on a personal basis.

    i don't know about Sara manipulating maria... wasn't Sara's last scene was where she was spying on Zero? so what was she doing jumping inside Maria's head after that? lol! another teleportation act...and she's been to three places at once in one chapter!
    The point someone else was making that it was mind control, not body possession and talking about the distinctions between the two and what advantages there are in body control. If Sara were controlling Maria, it would have to be mind control and giving her commands. For the record, I don't think Sara is commanding Maria.

    Pinacolada
    Level-E
    Level-E

    Posts : 84
    Join date : 2011-06-01
    Location : Germany
    Warning Zone

    Re: Vampire Knight Chapter 72 - SCANLATED!

    Post by Pinacolada on Thu Jun 02, 2011 6:43 pm

    hmmm I can´t share the opinion that Maria ist trying to steal Zero away from her (Yuuki) because ..he never belongs to her..and it would really sounds egostic if she calls him her possession...and on the other hand i think Maria isn´t interested in Zero at all I believe that she has recognize a bond between yuuki&zero so she is just trying to find out how deep it is...Or to see the reaction of Yuuki...

    sweetsolace
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

    Posts : 1047
    Join date : 2011-02-24
    Humor : look in the mirror, you'll love it~ ;)
    Warning Zone

    Re: Vampire Knight Chapter 72 - SCANLATED!

    Post by sweetsolace on Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:50 pm

    Knightmare wrote:
    sweetsolace wrote: but dont forget that she said that Ichiru's younger brother had slightly changed, and this can be an incentive for her to pursue him seriously.
    I certainly didn't forget. I assume she was reflecting on Zero's rudeness to Yuuki rather than suddenly seeing him as some sudden charmer that she should think about liking. Or are you implying that since Zero is like this, he's more like Ichiru so Maria should like him now? lol

    but seriously, she says that Ichiru's brother has changed and that Yuuki is unexpectedly that man's sister, I see that her as first verbal observation that things have changed about the two of them.

    LOL do you know if Maria means the change is something that appeals to her or not? me either, however her reference to Zero as Ichiru's brother could indicate that. could. anyway.. she mentions yuki as kaname's sister, what does she know of their relationship, does she know they are lovers? previously, Maria also mentioned that she wondered if Zero is the hunter Yuki is often with in the past.. here it is possible she has taken an initial interest in Zero..now she saw them fight and something between the two of them changed, here in my perception she's laying the groundwork of her decision. Again, when Yuki was in the room she says that Yuki doesn't talk to him the same way as before, she finalizes her decision now and says if she doesn't need him anymore, maria can take him. Note that Maria did not mention why or what she could need/want Zero for, just that she will take him if Yuki doesn't need him anymore. Zero looking like Ichiru can be one of them, after all they are twins, I did not imply that is the only reason she has.

    Knightmare wrote:
    sweetsolace wrote:
    Her permission to take him is very prudent on her part, she knows nothing about zero except he's ichiru's brother, and yuki is the leader of the night class where she's under, her actions are accountable to yuki's.
    We're simply not going to agree on this, I don't see your logic. First she was being nice, now she's being prudent? Maria isn't approaching Yuuki on a leader-subordinate basis, she's talking about Yuuki's relationship with Zero, she's doing this on a personal basis.

    yes, exactly. she has kind personality and her actions are prudent in terms of telling yuki about her intentions before doing anything because she's her leader and she's also the person involved with the one she wants to take. so what's the point? Maria went there to ask for what she wants.

    Knightmare wrote:
    sweetsolace wrote:i don't know about Sara manipulating maria... wasn't Sara's last scene was where she was spying on Zero? so what was she doing jumping inside Maria's head after that? lol! another teleportation act...and she's been to three places at once in one chapter!
    The point someone else was making that it was mind control, not body possession and talking about the distinctions between the two and what advantages there are in body control. If Sara were controlling Maria, it would have to be mind control and giving her commands. For the record, I don't think Sara is commanding Maria.

    yes there was talk about body possession hence I included it. Did I talk about "distinctions" with mind control / body possession? no.
    And no, I don't think Maria's under any control, her actions look natural to me.

    juliet
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

    Posts : 5010
    Join date : 2010-05-05
    Location : Deep, deep forest
    Humor : Anytime...
    Warning Zone

    Re: Vampire Knight Chapter 72 - SCANLATED!

    Post by juliet on Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:16 pm

    And to be honest after so much time, Yuuki is totally frozen with Zero and Zero with Yuuki, what's the reason for that? is there still that flame between them or is dying out already? because all I hear here is Kaname this and Kaname that, no offense to Zero's fans but this manga also involves Zero and his relationship with Yuuki (no matter how it is) but nobody refers to that like it's a forgotten topic.






    I' ll show you a sweet dream next time

    aya-chan
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

    Posts : 1154
    Join date : 2011-03-03
    Location : here
    Humor : oiseaux de se ressemble s'assemble
    Warning Zone

    Re: Vampire Knight Chapter 72 - SCANLATED!

    Post by aya-chan on Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:45 pm

    juliet wrote:And to be honest after so much time, Yuuki is totally frozen with Zero and Zero with Yuuki, what's the reason for that? is there still that flame between them or is dying out already? because all I hear here is Kaname this and Kaname that, no offense to Zero's fans but this manga also involves Zero and his relationship with Yuuki (no matter how it is) but nobody refers to that like it's a forgotten topic.

    Good point. kaname left for a while and zeki romance still doesn't come. wonder why?
    but if they still continue to be cold to each other is hard to believe they will become close (romance).

    yuuki already knows zero opinion about night class and she apparently made her minds. she doesn't want zero to involve in her night class. zero on the other hand is not nice at all with yuuki, when he talk with her he is cold. he doesn't make any efforts to make up with her.

    her fiance is far away, yuuki is close to him, and apparently he love her, but still he doesn't make a move to her. yuuki is so close to him, but in the same time she is so far. zero attitude doesn't make things better for his "romance".

    juliet
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

    Posts : 5010
    Join date : 2010-05-05
    Location : Deep, deep forest
    Humor : Anytime...
    Warning Zone

    Re: Vampire Knight Chapter 72 - SCANLATED!

    Post by juliet on Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:07 pm

    aya-chan wrote:

    Good point. kaname left for a while and zeki romance still doesn't come. wonder why?
    but if they still continue to be cold to each other is hard to believe they will become close (romance).

    yuuki already knows zero opinion about night class and she apparently made her minds. she doesn't want zero to involve in her night class. zero on the other hand is not nice at all with yuuki, when he talk with her he is cold. he doesn't make any efforts to make up with her.

    her fiance is far away, yuuki is close to him, and apparently he love her, but still he doesn't make a move to her. yuuki is so close to him, but in the same time she is so far. zero attitude doesn't make things better for his "romance".

    I agree, we see Yuuki suffering for Kamame..hitting with her hands the bed, turning desperate thirsty. Between Yuuki and Zero there have been few interaction in one this year, the two of them are only moving apart and there are no secret thoughs there in panels, neither from the one side nor from the other. their interactions are typical and in the last effort that Zero made to tell Yuuki to tame him, she grounded him "this is for level-e", like reminding him his position, she is keeping it for a real dangerous condition, not to play with him.
    I do not know if there is a drop of romance there, Hino is not providing this. So her intention can be to cool us down at that direction, promoting Yume. Probably...






    I' ll show you a sweet dream next time

    rumland
    Vampire Noble Class
    Vampire Noble Class

    Posts : 337
    Join date : 2011-02-28
    Location : Fontana C.A U.S.A
    Warning Zone

    Re: Vampire Knight Chapter 72 - SCANLATED!

    Post by rumland on Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:25 pm

    go back to the auctiom scence, after yuki and zero have that little close incounter yuki grabs her throat while with maria, which we have seen as a sign of thirst. Now later she did throw a fit, but just cause she was given another doubt about kaname and he isn't telling her anything, hence the what are you doing line.
    So she was hungering but kaname was not the only reason as you guys seem to assume, you seem to have completly ignored the hunger hint after her interaction with zero.

    Zero is hudleing over into a tree later that night cause his hunger so he obviously still feels for her as well.

    It has only been 3 or 4 chapters since kaname left, if yuki was jumping into zero's bed right now (aka getting into a relationship) I would lose all respect for her charecter. But anyone can tell she still has feelings for him, if she didn't she would have spent a whole day up thinking about him instead of sleeping.

    Howl4fun
    Common Vampire
    Common Vampire

    Posts : 229
    Join date : 2011-02-24
    Warning Zone

    Re: Vampire Knight Chapter 72 - SCANLATED!

    Post by Howl4fun on Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:31 am

    go back to the auctiom scence, after yuki and zero have that little close incounter yuki grabs her throat while with maria, which we have seen as a sign of thirst. Now later she did throw a fit, but just cause she was given another doubt about kaname and he isn't telling her anything, hence the what are you doing line.
    So she was hungering but kaname was not the only reason as you guys seem to assume, you seem to have completly ignored the hunger hint after her interaction with zero.

    Lolz, agreed. I've seen so many zeki moments be classified as "nothing/only friendship/one-sided,yaddayadda", best ones being; #Yuuki blushing with heart thumping after Zero almost kissed her; "shoujo girls always blush when being kissed", #Zero kissing her; "so what, it was a force kiss, nothing major", #Yuuki saying Kaname's blood isn't enough; "she didn't mean that she wants Zero's blood", #Yuuki almost biting Zero; "she was wounded, she'd want to bite anyone/she thought it was Kaname" etc etc, and now with Yuuki clenching her throat after looking at Zero's neck/her unpleased expression/narration at Maria's words is of course "...who cares, I see no romance..." O.o I mean, wow, ever heard of suppressed feelings?? I get it that some people will view zeki as more friendship based than romance, and that's fine, but when people start twisting meanings and moments like that, making it out to be anything but what they are or are hinting at ("Yuuki never said Kaname's blood wasn't enough".. seriously? O.o I've seen that one more than once) that's just jacked up.

    juliet
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

    Posts : 5010
    Join date : 2010-05-05
    Location : Deep, deep forest
    Humor : Anytime...
    Warning Zone

    Re: Vampire Knight Chapter 72 - SCANLATED!

    Post by juliet on Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:12 am

    Romance dies slowly...

    Howl4fun wrote:
    go back to the auctiom scence, after yuki and zero have that little close incounter yuki grabs her throat while with maria, which we have seen as a sign of thirst. Now later she did throw a fit, but just cause she was given another doubt about kaname and he isn't telling her anything, hence the what are you doing line.
    So she was hungering but kaname was not the only reason as you guys seem to assume, you seem to have completly ignored the hunger hint after her interaction with zero.

    Lolz, agreed. I've seen so many zeki moments be classified as "nothing/only friendship/one-sided,yaddayadda", best ones being; #Yuuki blushing with heart thumping after Zero almost kissed her; "shoujo girls always blush when being kissed", #Zero kissing her; "so what, it was a force kiss, nothing major", #Yuuki saying Kaname's blood isn't enough; "she didn't mean that she wants Zero's blood", #Yuuki almost biting Zero; "she was wounded, she'd want to bite anyone/she thought it was Kaname" etc etc, and now with Yuuki clenching her throat after looking at Zero's neck/her unpleased expression/narration at Maria's words is of course "...who cares, I see no romance..." O.o I mean, wow, ever heard of suppressed feelings?? I get it that some people will view zeki as more friendship based than romance, and that's fine, but when people start twisting meanings and moments like that, making it out to be anything but what they are or are hinting at ("Yuuki never said Kaname's blood wasn't enough".. seriously? O.o I've seen that one more than once) that's just jacked up.

    @Howl you know and I know how many times Yume has also been tragically misunderstood down to its core, and how twisted arguements over matter have made it hard for its fans to even stand up to a discussion. Many events and pages have been neglected or mistreated to prove wrong points of view. So let's not get into that discussion about which fandom and why has used the more twisting here. Anyway that's not the point.

    In general is Zeki dying out? this is not (in my humble opinion) a twisting of the facts. We are watching this over the last volumes...
    From a Yuuki where a piece of her heart was attached to Zero and admitted to Kaname we passed to a Yuuki where she stated in some chapters ago that she had everything that she ever wanted from the start. From a Yuuki that according to Zero fans' arguements was suffering over Zero when alone in the mansion and her hunger could not be satisfied we have in the same scene as described before a Yuuki that needs to devour whole Kaname or she will go crazy.

    From a Yuuki that was recalling a nostalgic scent when meeting Zero here we have a Yuuki that sharply reminds him that her bracelet is not a toy but a necessity since he can turn level-e and her impression of seeing Zero again are not connected to any romantic (trully romantic, the one you are getting butterflies) feelings. So we see that Hino steadily decreases the intensity of the romance in the scenes between them. Steadily removes love feelings of longing and recudes them obviously while she intensifies Yume statements and craving. This is not a twisted arguement, this is an observation and remark that follows the interaction and the so called development between Zero and Yuuki in comparison with the intensity that Yume is given.






    I' ll show you a sweet dream next time

    rumland
    Vampire Noble Class
    Vampire Noble Class

    Posts : 337
    Join date : 2011-02-28
    Location : Fontana C.A U.S.A
    Warning Zone

    Re: Vampire Knight Chapter 72 - SCANLATED!

    Post by rumland on Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:51 am

    Juliet when yuki says she has every thing she ever wanted she means litraly, she grew up wanting to be with kaname but thinking they could never be together cause they were to defrent, then she found out that every thing she had wanted was hers from the start.

    There is a lot of twisting going on by both sides in the yumi/zeki thing and belive it or not the 2 are equal in the amount, each side would like to belive they have it the worse but they are the same in reality.

    The truth is right now it is very ochword for both zero and yuki, zero is trying to hide his hunger/feelings, yuki is trying to dismiss that hunger/feeling as some thing else since she cant bring her self to belive he still feels for her, she is trying to bottle up her own emotions, she loves both kaname and zero but belives the love with zero is impossible cause she is a pb and she knows how much he hates them.
    It is nothing but a huge jumble of twisted emotions that she isn't able to sort thru.

    However this is an arguement that wont be solved till the end of the manga and maybe not even then, till then both yumis and zekis will belive there own side right.

    Howl4fun
    Common Vampire
    Common Vampire

    Posts : 229
    Join date : 2011-02-24
    Warning Zone

    Re: Vampire Knight Chapter 72 - SCANLATED!

    Post by Howl4fun on Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:12 pm

    From a Yuuki that was recalling a nostalgic scent when meeting Zero here we have a Yuuki that sharply reminds him that her bracelet is not a toy but a necessity since he can turn level-e and her impression of seeing Zero again are not connected to any romantic (trully romantic, the one you are getting butterflies) feelings. So we see that Hino steadily decreases the intensity of the romance in the scenes between them. Steadily removes love feelings of longing and recudes them obviously while she intensifies Yume statements and craving. This is not a twisted arguement, this is an observation and remark that follows the interaction and the so called development between Zero and Yuuki in comparison with the intensity that Yume is given.


    Wow, I think it's more a matter of seeing what we want to see. No one's denying there being love in yume or Yuuki missing Kaname etc. but love disappearing in zeki? It's hard to tell when nothing is resolved between them, they keep wearing masks around each other, the emphasis on their meetings, their connections and contrasts (her bracelet, his pistol, the two owning the two first carved hunter weapons, note; a very interesting detail in a cover about three chapters back shows Zero holding artemis XD, she's a pureblood, he's a hunter)etc. and there's the fact that Yuuki still hasn't drinked his blood which would surely add some climax to the story, lol. I'm not saying there's certanly love in zeki, only that it's too early to call it off before any of this gets resolved, and maybe have Yuuki telling Kaname; "I was confused about my feelings towards Zero, I'm sorry. He's really just a friend/brother to me." right?

    Apparantly chapter 73 will be the ending of a volume so I'm expecting we might have some dramatic cliffhanger there regarding the LT, especially with how this chapter ended. Then again, the preview sounded kinda borish so it's not certain. Maybe it ends with a volcanic eruption, lol. Though that'd be kinda cool too. Smile

    Pinacolada
    Level-E
    Level-E

    Posts : 84
    Join date : 2011-06-01
    Location : Germany
    Warning Zone

    Re: Vampire Knight Chapter 72 - SCANLATED!

    Post by Pinacolada on Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:34 pm

    Yeah but If you see it in another direction like ..hey a Vampirehunter &a PB princesse are falling in love each other..many people will recognize a connection between shakespears Romeo&Juietteand their lovestory ..a impossible fever love...which managed to overhelmed every storm ....Yuuki -> engaged Zero = painful past.-)

    nina
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

    Posts : 2806
    Join date : 2010-05-17
    Location : My world lalala Kanameland <3
    Humor : Black sarcasm
    Warning Zone

    Re: Vampire Knight Chapter 72 - SCANLATED!

    Post by nina on Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:54 pm

    About Yuuki's hunger:

    As we know the blood-lust could be triggered from many factors and not only out of love feelings, such as if the vampire is wounded, if is under great stress and sorrow, if it passed much time from the last meal and after the slumber.

    1st case: When Yuuki had a blood-lust attack when she was alone at the mansion.

    Yuuki was separated from Zero under very rough conditions … he unveiled his romantic feelings for her and the same time declared a ‘’war” saying that from now on they are enemies, meaning that Yuuki had to cut off from her life a very important and beloved person for her (even if the type of her feelings are questionable the fact is that she was hurting). That alone is a very stressful factor to be handled especially for a Yuuki who was trying to adjust and discover her true nature from scratch. Furthermore Zero’s rejection increased and burdened her efforts and I suspect a part of her difficulties or denial to use her fangs and feed properly, were originated from that rejection.

    In short … that time she was unbalanced and she didn’t feed properly from Kaname so she couldn’t know if she could be fully satisfied only from his blood.

    2nd case: The nostalgic scent.
    Now it is apparent that the most significant factor to Yuuki’s blood-lust was her wound no? And on top of that she was semi-unconscious, meaning she was driven by pure instinct for blood, without necessarily excluding her feelings …

    And before the Zekis jumps all over me just to remind their claims in another similar situation … When Zero drunk from Kaname all the Zekis claimed that Kaname forced him to do so by hurting him, hence and Zero had no other choice but to drink his blood! Now if the wound factor is so significant that drove Zero to drink the blood from the most hateful person to him I suppose the same applies for Yuuki as well, not to mention that Yuuki never hated Zero … to the contrary she loved him and used to feel very comfortable with him, hence and the nostalgic scent.

    3rd case: blood-lust on chapter 72.

    IMO Yuuki would feel blood-lust either Zero was around or not!
    She is facing again lot of changes in her life … Kaname had left her to pursuit his plans by doing unexpected and questionable acts for Yuuki, all the world around her is against him, she had to take responsibilities and stand on her own feet, she has no source to feed upon and on top of that she is a newbie vampire who had never took tabs but only fresh blood.
    In other words she is under a great stress, she is hurting, she misses Kaname and afraid for him and she starving! All these factors are enough to trigger her blood-lust.
    If Zero was the object of her blood-lust that would be shown when she first met him, when they cross each other paths at the HA. But no … she didn’t show any sign of blood-lust whereas Zero before even see her he grabs his neck and as his fans claim it was due to the fact that he sensed her presence. Also they intercrossed again when Yuuki knocked down the vampire who escaped from Zero … non sign of thirst again!
    My point is that Yuuki started to have thirst fits gradually … her first attack wasn’t so bad so she could handle it without tabs, but as the time flew and more stressful things happened and as the time from her last meal increasing the blood-lust became more urging and eventually she had to consume tabs. That’s why I’m saying that even if there was no Zero she still eventually would have faced her thirst!
    Of course Zero’s presence worsens her situation cuz he is hurting her and putting extra burden on her shoulders either with his rough attitude either with his comments.

    Bottom line is that Hino carefully chose to add additional factors in every time that Yuuki supposedly felt blood-lust for Zero. Ergo the Yumes can support that there is no romantic cause behind Yuuki’s thirst and Zekis can still dreaming on.

    Juliet wrote: From a Yuuki that was recalling a nostalgic scent when meeting Zero here we have a Yuuki that sharply reminds him that her bracelet is not a toy but a necessity since he can turn level-e and her impression of seeing Zero again are not connected to any romantic (trully romantic, the one you are getting butterflies) feelings. So we see that Hino steadily decreases the intensity of the romance in the scenes between them. Steadily removes love feelings of longing and recudes them obviously while she intensifies Yume statements and craving. This is not a twisted arguement, this is an observation and remark that follows the interaction and the so called development between Zero and Yuuki in comparison with the intensity that Yume is given.


    Totally agree!!!!! cheers





    "... I want to fall down with you to the very farthest depths ... taint me too Kaname"



    Spoiler:

    *wants to sneak under these bed sheets*

    mariangie
    Pureblood Vampire
    Pureblood Vampire

    Posts : 597
    Join date : 2011-01-28
    Location : In my lab
    Humor : Mad Doctor
    Warning Zone

    Re: Vampire Knight Chapter 72 - SCANLATED!

    Post by mariangie on Fri Jun 03, 2011 2:32 pm

    Maybe the cliffhanger of chapter 73 would be Zero biting Sara .

    HA ! HAAA!!!!!! rofl rofl rofl rofl

    Sara : " Bite me my cute puppy . I offer my blood to you it you kill Kaname for me . "

    Howl4fun
    Common Vampire
    Common Vampire

    Posts : 229
    Join date : 2011-02-24
    Warning Zone

    Re: Vampire Knight Chapter 72 - SCANLATED!

    Post by Howl4fun on Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:07 pm


    2nd case: The nostalgic scent.
    Now it is apparent that the most significant factor to Yuuki’s blood-lust was her wound no? And on top of that she was semi-unconscious, meaning she was driven by pure instinct for blood, without necessarily excluding her feelings …

    And before the Zekis jumps all over me just to remind their claims in another similar situation … When Zero drunk from Kaname all the Zekis claimed that Kaname forced him to do so by hurting him, hence and Zero had no other choice but to drink his blood! Now if the wound factor is so significant that drove Zero to drink the blood from the most hateful person to him I suppose the same applies for Yuuki as well, not to mention that Yuuki never hated Zero … to the contrary she loved him and used to feel very comfortable with him, hence and the nostalgic scent.

    LOL, pardon me, but notice one major difference between the two scenarios; Zero is pissed when drinking from Kaname, Yuuki smiles and looks really happy when unconsciously recognizing Zero's scent and almost biting him. If she only tried to bite him because of being wounded, may I ask why she looked so content? XD You can probably argue that she wanted to bite him because he's someone dear to her, regardless if she loves him or not, but trying to claim it had nothing to do with feelings at all is ridiculous. Though I didn't expect much else...

    IMO Yuuki would feel blood-lust either Zero was around or not!
    She is facing again lot of changes in her life … Kaname had left her to pursuit his plans by doing unexpected and questionable acts for Yuuki, all the world around her is against him, she had to take responsibilities and stand on her own feet, she has no source to feed upon and on top of that she is a newbie vampire who had never took tabs but only fresh blood.
    In other words she is under a great stress, she is hurting, she misses Kaname and afraid for him and she starving! All these factors are enough to trigger her blood-lust.
    If Zero was the object of her blood-lust that would be shown when she first met him, when they cross each other paths at the HA. But no … she didn’t show any sign of blood-lust whereas Zero before even see her he grabs his neck and as his fans claim it was due to the fact that he sensed her presence. Also they intercrossed again when Yuuki knocked down the vampire who escaped from Zero … non sign of thirst again!

    Um, and Yuuki is struck by thirst every time she's with/sees Kaname? O.o If her not going mad from hunger every time she sees Zero is proof for you that she wouldn't want to drink from him then good for you, lol.

    Besides, you're going off topic, so why don't take your interpretions to the right one. I know I started it, but I'm ending it as well. Peace out
    Razz

    sweetsolace
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

    Posts : 1047
    Join date : 2011-02-24
    Humor : look in the mirror, you'll love it~ ;)
    Warning Zone

    Re: Vampire Knight Chapter 72 - SCANLATED!

    Post by sweetsolace on Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:46 pm

    Howl4fun wrote:

    2nd case: The nostalgic scent.
    Now it is apparent that the most significant factor to Yuuki’s blood-lust was her wound no? And on top of that she was semi-unconscious, meaning she was driven by pure instinct for blood, without necessarily excluding her feelings …

    And before the Zekis jumps all over me just to remind their claims in another similar situation … When Zero drunk from Kaname all the Zekis claimed that Kaname forced him to do so by hurting him, hence and Zero had no other choice but to drink his blood! Now if the wound factor is so significant that drove Zero to drink the blood from the most hateful person to him I suppose the same applies for Yuuki as well, not to mention that Yuuki never hated Zero … to the contrary she loved him and used to feel very comfortable with him, hence and the nostalgic scent.

    LOL, pardon me, but notice one major difference between the two scenarios; Zero is pissed when drinking from Kaname, Yuuki smiles and looks really happy when unconsciously recognizing Zero's scent and almost biting him. If she only tried to bite him because of being wounded, may I ask why she looked so content? XD You can probably argue that she wanted to bite him because he's someone dear to her, regardless if she loves him or not, but trying to claim it had nothing to do with feelings at all is ridiculous. Though I didn't expect much else...

    but ofc she could have done that out of being wounded because she IS wounded and its a known fact that vampires lust increase twice more when they're injured, their desire for blood increases. about the smile, she did say "nostalgic" lol, I don't see why Yuki would frown or scowl while she is thinking "nostalgic", it is something she missed after all. rofl no one's really saying it had nothing to do with feelings, just that what kind of feeling is it, and from my POV it can be brotherly feelings.

    howl4fun wrote:
    Lolz, agreed. I've seen so many zeki moments be classified as "nothing/only friendship/one-sided,yaddayadda", best ones being; #Yuuki blushing with heart thumping after Zero almost kissed her; "shoujo girls always blush when being kissed", #Zero kissing her; "so what, it was a force kiss, nothing major", #Yuuki saying Kaname's blood isn't enough; "she didn't mean that she wants Zero's blood", #Yuuki almost biting Zero; "she was wounded, she'd want to bite anyone/she thought it was Kaname" etc etc, and now with Yuuki clenching her throat after looking at Zero's neck/her unpleased expression/narration at Maria's words is of course "...who cares, I see no romance..." O.o I mean, wow, ever heard of suppressed feelings?? I get it that some people will view zeki as more friendship based than romance, and that's fine, but when people start twisting meanings and moments like that, making it out to be anything but what they are or are hinting at ("Yuuki never said Kaname's blood wasn't enough".. seriously? O.o I've seen that one more than once) that's just jacked up.

    well its not up to you to decide how we should interpret a scene or a couple... there will always be collisions... For me I'm uncertain about Yuki's feelings for Zero exactly because as you said it is vague between them, while with YUME it is obvious. Yuki's indecisiveness helps with the ambiguity of the interpretation, if she had been less apprehensive/awkward when she was with him then it would make things easier but she is, she is akward and she is wary of him, even saying that their views will never meet. I haven't seen a couple who were suppose to have romantic feelings for each other act so cold or distanced from each other, Yuki when Zero grabbed her hand and point at his tattoo, only appeared shocked, then hurt... when zero did something similar to her at the ball and touched her hand she went to a corner afterwards and touched that hand..so far everything I've shown from her towards zero are concern, distance and acceptance to his hatred. im still looking for that "romance"

    juliet wrote:So we see that Hino steadily decreases the intensity of the romance in the scenes between them. Steadily removes love feelings of longing and recudes them obviously while she intensifies Yume statements and craving. This is not a twisted arguement, this is an observation and remark that follows the interaction and the so called development between Zero and Yuuki in comparison with the intensity that Yume is given.


    I agree with you here juliet. Very Happy Very Happy

    Howl4fun
    Common Vampire
    Common Vampire

    Posts : 229
    Join date : 2011-02-24
    Warning Zone

    Re: Vampire Knight Chapter 72 - SCANLATED!

    Post by Howl4fun on Fri Jun 03, 2011 5:54 pm

    but ofc she could have done that out of being wounded because she IS wounded and its a known fact that vampires lust increase twice more when they're injured, their desire for blood increases. about the smile, she did say "nostalgic" lol, I don't see why Yuki would frown or scowl while she is thinking "nostalgic", it is something she missed after all. rofl no one's really saying it had nothing to do with feelings, just that what kind of feeling is it, and from my POV it can be brotherly feelings.

    howl4fun wrote:
    Lolz, agreed. I've seen so many zeki moments be classified as "nothing/only friendship/one-sided,yaddayadda", best ones being; #Yuuki blushing with heart thumping after Zero almost kissed her; "shoujo girls always blush when being kissed", #Zero kissing her; "so what, it was a force kiss, nothing major", #Yuuki saying Kaname's blood isn't enough; "she didn't mean that she wants Zero's blood", #Yuuki almost biting Zero; "she was wounded, she'd want to bite anyone/she thought it was Kaname" etc etc, and now with Yuuki clenching her throat after looking at Zero's neck/her unpleased expression/narration at Maria's words is of course "...who cares, I see no romance..." O.o I mean, wow, ever heard of suppressed feelings?? I get it that some people will view zeki as more friendship based than romance, and that's fine, but when people start twisting meanings and moments like that, making it out to be anything but what they are or are hinting at ("Yuuki never said Kaname's blood wasn't enough".. seriously? O.o I've seen that one more than once) that's just jacked up.

    well its not up to you to decide how we should interpret a scene or a couple... there will always be collisions... For me I'm uncertain about Yuki's feelings for Zero exactly because as you said it is vague between them, while with YUME it is obvious. Yuki's indecisiveness helps with the ambiguity of the interpretation, if she had been less apprehensive/awkward when she was with him then it would make things easier but she is, she is akward and she is wary of him, even saying that their views will never meet. I haven't seen a couple who were suppose to have romantic feelings for each other act so cold or distanced from each other, Yuki when Zero grabbed her hand and point at his tattoo, only appeared shocked, then hurt... when zero did something similar to her at the ball and touched her hand she went to a corner afterwards and touched that hand..so far everything I've shown from her towards zero are concern, distance and acceptance to his hatred. im still looking for that "romance"

    Yeah, interpretions surely differ. We'll see how it all turns out Smile

    nina
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

    Posts : 2806
    Join date : 2010-05-17
    Location : My world lalala Kanameland <3
    Humor : Black sarcasm
    Warning Zone

    Re: Vampire Knight Chapter 72 - SCANLATED!

    Post by nina on Sat Jun 04, 2011 12:56 am

    Howl4fun wrote: LOL, pardon me, but notice one major difference between the two scenarios; Zero is pissed when drinking from Kaname, Yuuki smiles and looks really happy when unconsciously recognizing Zero's scent and almost biting him. If she only tried to bite him because of being wounded, may I ask why she looked so content? XD You can probably argue that she wanted to bite him because he's someone dear to her, regardless if she loves him or not, but trying to claim it had nothing to do with feelings at all is ridiculous. Though I didn't expect much else...

    Even though sweetsolace covered me already sLo_BigBearHug ... however...

    Read more careful the post you’re quoting! My answer to your question was already there …
    nina wrote: not to mention that Yuuki never hated Zero … to the contrary she loved him and used to feel very comfortable with him, hence and the nostalgic scent.


    Did I claimed that Yuuki’s almost bite had nothing to do with feelings?
    So ridiculous is your argument and be conscious of your tone!

    And since you want to talk about differences, gladly I’ll do it! One big difference is that Yuuki did not bitten Zero unfortunately for your ship even IF she was IN LOVE as you believe, whereas Zero bit Kaname, in other words he couldn’t resist! Based on your logic that means Zero was more IN LOVE with Kaname hence and he couldn’t calm or restrain his longing for Kaname’s blood!!!! ROLFMAO!

    If you don’t think that a wound in a vampire is a factor which triggering the blood-lust then I gave you an alternative above Razz

    Howl4fun wrote: Um, and Yuuki is struck by thirst every time she's with/sees Kaname? O.o If her not going mad from hunger every time she sees Zero is proof for you that she wouldn't want to drink from him then good for you, lol.


    If this is what you understood from my post then is pointless to continue …

    Howl4fun wrote: Besides, you're going off topic, so why don't take your interpretions to the right one. I know I started it, but I'm ending it as well. Peace out


    I stated facts and not only interpretations … let me refresh your memory …

    > A wounded vampire is facing blood-lust << this is a FACT and not my interpretation!

    > When a vampire is under stress and sorrow also have more frequently thirst fits. We saw that in Kaname’s case after he lost his parents and Yuuki! So it’s a FACT and not my interpretation!

    > When the interval between the meals increasing the blood-lust becoming more urging. Especially when you are a newbie vampire and on top of that in a very stressful situation. <<< this is a FACT or my interpretation?
    If it is my interpretation then why you Zekis are claiming that Zero’s fits are now more frequently cuz it’s been a whole year since he drunk fresh blood?
    Can you support that Yuuki wouldn’t have a thirst fit under these circumstances even if Zero wasn’t around??? If yes … then also why all the members of the NC have blood tablets? Why Yuuki have tabs?

    So yes … if Zero was the only factor for her thirst then she should have a fit when she first saw him! Since she didn’t the factor time play a significant role here and that’s why I said that her fits are gradually increasing << this is also a FACT and not my interpretation! If you don’t remember look out the previous chapter lol.

    And read my previous conclusion …

    nina wrote: Bottom line is that Hino carefully chose to add additional factors in every time that Yuuki supposedly felt blood-lust for Zero. Ergo the Yumes can support that there is no romantic cause behind Yuuki’s thirst and Zekis can still dreaming on.


    Can you claim that in any case of the blood-lusts there weren’t other factors which could trigger it?

    And about the off topic … this is the thread where we are talking about chapter 72 no?
    Viz a Zero-centric chapter with intense epic Zeki moments full of hidden sensuality, suppressed feelings and blood-lust for each other no? Shocked

    On a second thought mmm … you’re right! We are off topic cuz all of these are invisible and irrelevant with the chapter 72! ROFL!

    Peace and flowers Razz







    "... I want to fall down with you to the very farthest depths ... taint me too Kaname"



    Spoiler:

    *wants to sneak under these bed sheets*

    Howl4fun
    Common Vampire
    Common Vampire

    Posts : 229
    Join date : 2011-02-24
    Warning Zone

    Re: Vampire Knight Chapter 72 - SCANLATED!

    Post by Howl4fun on Sat Jun 04, 2011 12:02 pm

    Did I claimed that Yuuki’s almost bite had nothing to do with feelings?
    So ridiculous is your argument and be conscious of your tone!

    Oh snap, I'm sorry. Yes, I misread it.

    And since you want to talk about differences, gladly I’ll do it! One big difference is that Yuuki did not bitten Zero unfortunately for your ship even IF she was IN LOVE as you believe, whereas Zero bit Kaname, in other words he couldn’t resist! Based on your logic that means Zero was more IN LOVE with Kaname hence and he couldn’t calm or restrain his longing for Kaname’s blood!!!! ROLFMAO!

    What?? Shocked I said that the difference was Zero hated having to drink from Kaname while Yuuki looked like she really wanted to bite Zero, since you for some reason started comparing those two scenes. How did I imply by that that Zero is in love with Kaname??? LOL Very Happy


    I stated facts and not only interpretations … let me refresh your memory …

    > A wounded vampire is facing blood-lust << this is a FACT and not my interpretation!

    > When a vampire is under stress and sorrow also have more frequently thirst fits. We saw that in Kaname’s case after he lost his parents and Yuuki! So it’s a FACT and not my interpretation!

    > When the interval between the meals increasing the blood-lust becoming more urging. Especially when you are a newbie vampire and on top of that in a very stressful situation. <<< this is a FACT or my interpretation?

    So yes … if Zero was the only factor for her thirst then she should have a fit when she first saw him! Since she didn’t the factor time play a significant role here and that’s why I said that her fits are gradually increasing << this is also a FACT and not my interpretation! If you don’t remember look out the previous chapter lol.

    Let me clear something up as there seems to be a misunderstanding here. I didn't say that wounds won't trigger bloodlust, of course they do. Only that Yuuki looking so content showed there was more going on than simply that factor alone. And I never said Zero's the only reason she's hungry O.O So yes, those points are facts, however saying Yuuki getting hungry after looking at Zero's neck not having anything to do with Zero himself is an interpretion. You don't know that.

    If it is my interpretation then why you Zekis are claiming that Zero’s fits are now more frequently cuz it’s been a whole year since he drunk fresh blood?

    Are we saying that? Lol, I've never heard XD This is another topic on whether Zero's hunger is due to longing for Yuuki or because he's in danger of falling to level E again, or both. I don't feel the need to discuss that one.

    Can you support that Yuuki wouldn’t have a thirst fit under these circumstances even if Zero wasn’t around??? If yes … then also why all the members of the NC have blood tablets? Why Yuuki have tabs?

    Again, I never said she's hungry because Zero's around, only in the two pages where he takes her hand, slides it across his neck, there's a little sound effect indicating she's hearing/smelling his blood, she yanks her hand and after he's walked away she's struck by hunger while the panel still shows him. It's the timing and emphasis of this that is left up to interpretions, so I'm not saying it's a fact she got hungry after seeing his neck, but neither can you say it's a fact that it didn't have anything to do with that. Even after she told Kaname his blood wasn't enough and she nearly bit Zero once, seriously. What's the big deal anyway, just because she should end up biting him doesn't mean she'll leave Kaname, lol. Her biting him is going to serve a vital part, because the question is what his blood will feel like for her. Will she be completely satisfied, only partly like with Kaname, or not at all as she was simply confused and Kaname's blood is the only blood she wants. They also have the record of doing forbidden things with each other, so a pureblood and hunter indulging in something intimate like that with one another would definetely top the list, lol. Hino likes to provide fanservice too (and how!) so skipping out on a biting scene between the two with their current "forbidden" state (hunter/pureblood, enemies etc) would be such a waste, lol XD


    Last edited by Howl4fun on Sat Jun 04, 2011 3:57 pm; edited 2 times in total

    Anneliezz
    Pureblood Vampire
    Pureblood Vampire

    Posts : 454
    Join date : 2011-05-25
    Location : Belgium
    Humor : 1.Being a pure(blood) pervert. 2. Installing the day-class-spy-cameras in zero's room 3.WCZF-club!!
    Warning Zone

    Re: Vampire Knight Chapter 72 - SCANLATED!

    Post by Anneliezz on Sat Jun 04, 2011 1:35 pm

    I guess it just depends on interpretations again?
    and i agree whith howl4fun,
    there are lots of reasons why yuuki is thirsty ( in all of the chapters)
    whe can't know for sure if zero has anything to do with it
    ( but according to my interpretation it does Very Happy , <--ignore this, not the point i was making but i just couldnt help it Very Happy )

    but also we can't say he didn't have anything to do with it
    guess we will have to wait for the future chapters cheers

    nina
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

    Posts : 2806
    Join date : 2010-05-17
    Location : My world lalala Kanameland <3
    Humor : Black sarcasm
    Warning Zone

    Re: Vampire Knight Chapter 72 - SCANLATED!

    Post by nina on Sat Jun 04, 2011 3:41 pm

    Howl4fun wrote: What?? I said that the difference was Zero hated having to drink from Kaname while Yuuki looked like she really wanted to bite Zero, since you for some reason started comparing those two scenes. How did I imply by that that Zero is in love with Kaname??? LOL


    Did I say that you implied that Zero was in love with Kaname? O.o No. That was me … I was joking on purpose to emphasize on how a wound outweighs the emotions (hate/love/comfort/familiarity etc)!
    You brought up the differences between the two cases so I pointed out another difference such as the resultant of the two scenes … in Zero-Kaname case we had a bite whereas in Zero-Yuuki scene we didn’t.

    Initially I was talking about the similarity, cuz my point was to prove how a traumatized vampire (<< and this is the similarity) has an urging blood-lust. That’s why I compared the two occasions, which from the emotional aspect are quite different. In fact this difference reinforcing my point of how crucial is a wound to trigger a thirst fit, since Zero couldn’t resist and had to drink from Kaname << a person who hate the most! Based on that, why not Yuuki try to bite Zero since she was traumatized (=blood thirst), unconscious (=her vampirish instinct for blood was in alert) and she was in the arms of a person she loves (=that counts for any type of love) and used to feel comfortable with; hence her guards were down. When she regained consciousness viz she realized how much their relationship had changed, retreated.

    Howl4fun wrote: So yes,those points are facts, however saying Yuuki getting hungry after looking at Zero's neck not having anything to do with Zero himself is an interpretion. You don't know that.

    I’m sorry but again seems like you didn’t read my previous post, so I had to quote myself again. Here what I said about Zero’s involvement …

    Of course Zero’s presence worsens her situation cuz he is hurting her and putting extra burden on her shoulders either with his rough attitude either with his comments.


    … so I didn’t exclude Zero as a factor for Yuuki’s thirst! Although I’m sure that our interpretations are quite opposites of how he is affecting her, the point is that I didn’t deny that he plays a role … stress/sorrow/pain/frustration/worry could also triggering the thirst as well as love.

    Howl4fun wrote: Are we saying that? Lol, I've never heard XD This is another topic on whether Zero's hunger is due to longing for Yuuki or because he's in danger of falling to level E again, or both. I don't feel the need to discuss that one.


    Oh! You never heard that before?! O.o I thought it was a given for every Zeki that Zero’s hunger was due to longing Yuuki’s blood … well at least one of the reasons. But you’re right, let’s drop the subject till we have more clues about Zero’s level-e situation XD.

    Howl4fun wrote: Again, I never said she's hungry because Zero's around, only in the two pages where he takes her hand, slides it across his neck, there's a little sound effect indicating she's hearing/smelling his blood, she yanks her hand and after he's walked away she's struck by hunger while the panel still shows him. It's the timing and emphasis of this that is left up to interpretions, so I'm not saying it's a fact she got hungry after seeing his neck, but neither can you say it's a fact that it didn't have anything to do with that.


    I didn’t … and I think I’ve covered that above.

    Howl4fun wrote: Even after she told Kaname his blood wasn't enough and she nearly bit Zero once, seriously. What's the big deal anyway, just because she should end up biting him doesn't mean she'll leave Kaname, lol. Her biting him is going to serve a vital part, because the question is what his blood will feel like for her. Will she be completely satisfied, only partly like with Kaname, or not at all as she was simply confused and Kaname's blood is the only blood she wants. They also have the record of doing forbidden things with each other, so a pureblood and hunter indulging in something intimate like that with one another would definetely top the list, lol. Hino likes to provide fanservice too (and how!) so skipping out on a biting scene between the two with their current "forbidden" state (hunter/pureblood, enemies etc) would be such a waste, lol XD


    1. She was partly satisfied with Kaname’s blood before she could receive his blood properly by using her fangs. So after she did we don’t have a solid clue of how she felt. She could still be partly satisfied or fully … it’s up to interpretations.

    2. I agree that we might see a bite scene between Yuuki-Zero … in fact we saw that in the anime and since there were also some elements which we saw only now in the manga (I’m talking about the butterfly-wings and the spider’s(Sara) web), of course we might see Yuuki biting Zero this time. We’ll see …

    But I think you missed my point … I was trying the whole time to point out the additional factors which played a role in every blood-lust scene. The type of the emotions which of course are one factor, it’s open to interpretations for both sides. And that’s why I said Hino-sensei made sure to put extra reasons in order to create ambiguity and direct the story in the way she wants to resolve the LT. In other words if the end game is a Yume, then she already has placed enough reasons to justify Yuuki’s blood-lust in the scenes where Zero is involved or if the end is Zeki then she can unveil and clear up the type of the emotions, as romantic/erotic.

    I think I made myself clear XD.
















    "... I want to fall down with you to the very farthest depths ... taint me too Kaname"



    Spoiler:

    *wants to sneak under these bed sheets*

    Howl4fun
    Common Vampire
    Common Vampire

    Posts : 229
    Join date : 2011-02-24
    Warning Zone

    Re: Vampire Knight Chapter 72 - SCANLATED!

    Post by Howl4fun on Sat Jun 04, 2011 4:40 pm


    Did I say that you implied that Zero was in love with Kaname? O.o No. That was me … I was joking on purpose to emphasize on how a wound outweighs the emotions (hate/love/comfort/familiarity etc)!
    You brought up the differences between the two cases so I pointed out another difference such as the resultant of the two scenes … in Zero-Kaname case we had a bite whereas in Zero-Yuuki scene we didn’t.

    Initially I was talking about the similarity, cuz my point was to prove how a traumatized vampire (<< and this is the similarity) has an urging blood-lust. That’s why I compared the two occasions, which from the emotional aspect are quite different. In fact this difference reinforcing my point of how crucial is a wound to trigger a thirst fit, since Zero couldn’t resist and had to drink from Kaname << a person who hate the most! Based on that, why not Yuuki try to bite Zero since she was traumatized (=blood thirst), unconscious (=her vampirish instinct for blood was in alert) and she was in the arms of a person she loves (=that counts for any type of love) and used to feel comfortable with; hence her guards were down. When she regained consciousness viz she realized how much their relationship had changed, retreated.

    I still don't get what this has to do with the subject... Zero bit Kaname so he could delay his process of falling to level E. He would never bite Kaname just because he suffered from a wound, Kaname did that to trigger him more into it. Maybe that was your point? Yes, wounds can trigger, but when it means biting someone you don't want to bite (ZeroxKaname) or someone you can't bite (ZeroxYuuki) other factors will play in. We might have a different interpretions of 60 too. It sounds like you think Yuuki was aware what she was doing, that she was about to bite Zero. I thought it was clear she was halfway unconscious and only followed her instincts at the time, which was biting someone who's scent smelt nice to her, not realizing who it was. She then "woke up" and realized who and the situation. Her retreating had nothing to do with their relationship, she had no right to bite him, much less allowed to do it. She's also promised Kaname to only ever drink from him, so it was probably a shock to her when she found out, as it'd almost been like cheating, lol. We know biting is used as a metaphor for love (and in some cases, sex) ("your thirst can only be stilled by your loved one"), so her "Omg, what did I do? I have to get away!" reaction afterwards is pretty funny XD But of course, if you interpret it in a different way, I won't argue with you on that. It's not that essential to this discussion either.

    I’m sorry but again seems like you didn’t read my previous post, so I had to quote myself again. Here what I said about Zero’s involvement …

    … so I didn’t exclude Zero as a factor for Yuuki’s thirst! Although I’m sure that our interpretations are quite opposites of how he is affecting her, the point is that I didn’t deny that he plays a role … stress/sorrow/pain/frustration/worry could also triggering the thirst as well as love.

    Hmm, okay sorry, I think I mostly saw you saying that (romantic) love for certain had nothing to do with it, which is what I reacted on, but I'll apologize if that's not what you meant.

    Oh! You never heard that before?! O.o I thought it was a given for every Zeki that Zero’s hunger was due to longing Yuuki’s blood

    You said "every zeki says Zero's fits are more frequent", that's what I'm not seeing. In the other forum I'm on, it's yumes who say that, lol. But you're right, while most yumes insist it's due to level E, most zekis says it's due to Yuuki. I think it's a bit of both, so yeah, not discussing it, lol.

    1. She was partly satisfied with Kaname’s blood before she could receive his blood properly by using her fangs. So after she did we don’t have a solid clue of how she felt. She could still be partly satisfied or fully … it’s up to interpretations.

    Sorry, but that's a weak reasoning. Regardless how she drank Kaname's blood, she still drank his blood. This was the conversation between the two in chap 51 (Viz edition):

    K: "Vampires can only quench their thirst with the blood of the one they love... do you remember me telling you that?"

    Y: "Yes... so I can't... quench my thirst entirely... since a part of my heart is still tied to someone else. It's still connected to Zero, so..."

    And another part of their conversation in chap 52;

    K: "It's all right... I don't mind that there is someone else inside your heart. You are who you are because you have a big heart. Yet you told me that you want to stay by my side. You'll suffer over it, because you have love inside your heart for me too."

    ... and it continues with Yuuki freaking out, saying she doesn't deserve him, she's a horrible fiancee for having a divided heart etc etc and Kaname have to assure her he doesn't mind. It'd be a bit silly if all this was solved with "Oh never mind Kaname, I only had to use my fangs properly, your blood is fine now." wouldn't it? That'd be the least complex VK dilemma ever, lol XD However Kaname's blood fully satisfies her or not, I think it'll be solved a bit more thorougly than that.

    But I think you missed my point … I was trying the whole time to point out the additional factors which played a role in every blood-lust scene. The type of the emotions which of course are one factor, it’s open to interpretations for both sides. And that’s why I said Hino-sensei made sure to put extra reasons in order to create ambiguity and direct the story in the way she wants to resolve the LT. In other words if the end game is a Yume, then she already has placed enough reasons to justify Yuuki’s blood-lust in the scenes where Zero is involved or if the end is Zeki then she can unveil and clear up the type of the emotions, as romantic/erotic.

    Fair enough, I respect your interpretions ^^ I only argued when I thought you were trying to portray them as facts, that was it.











    juliet
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

    Posts : 5010
    Join date : 2010-05-05
    Location : Deep, deep forest
    Humor : Anytime...
    Warning Zone

    Re: Vampire Knight Chapter 72 - SCANLATED!

    Post by juliet on Sun Jun 05, 2011 2:07 am

    But until now all Zeki's expectation about Zero-Yuuki's interaction were not rewarded by Hino...am I wrong?

    How is Hino going to lit the fire again between two people whose development has stopped a year now and when they finally meet each other, in the school grounds (where the whole first arc took place) there is no true romance involved? no memories or flashbacks? the heroes now have moved in a different mode, they face each other with less feeling than ever. Especially in the last chapter, their interaction is cold.

    Now isn't it profound that if Hino intended to lit the flame again or to state better to lead Zero and Yuuki into a reunion there should be more intense feelings, memories, something that indicates the "in love" feeling such as blushes, nervousness, flashbacks and all that in manga that indicate the "in love" concept? Instead their relationship flatens or is limited to a few words (so nothing there to sort out or the need to talk to each other even as friends?).
    The absence of profound dialogues can be of course a device for the characters to conceal their feelings, but no inner POV, confessions, nothing.
    It is soon to talk, I know, but again I insist that Hino, if intends to develop Zeki is taking (according to my opinion of course) the wrong way or she is misleading us and this is not good as Yume is anticipated to return stronger due to the intesity of the last chapters. I just express my personal thoughts here, feel free to share yours, if you want..






    I' ll show you a sweet dream next time

    rumland
    Vampire Noble Class
    Vampire Noble Class

    Posts : 337
    Join date : 2011-02-28
    Location : Fontana C.A U.S.A
    Warning Zone

    Re: Vampire Knight Chapter 72 - SCANLATED!

    Post by rumland on Sun Jun 05, 2011 2:26 am

    Actualy they are interacting just how I thought the 2 charecter types would juliet and I am a zeki so to answer the question yes you are Razz
    Man it is taking them a long time to do an offical translation release, we lucked out to have Kanamelover<3 here for us bounce

    Sponsored content

    Re: Vampire Knight Chapter 72 - SCANLATED!

    Post by Sponsored content Today at 11:18 pm


      Current date/time is Fri Dec 09, 2016 11:18 pm