Vampire Knight & Manga Forum

In order to fully enjoy the board and it's function, you can always log in or sign up to an account. Thank you...
Vampire Knight & Manga Forum

Α forum dedicated to Hino's Matsuri best-seller manga Vampire Knight and the manga we love

Gallery


Latest topics

» Links for Other Vampire Knight Forums and Sites that you like and enjoy!!
Sun Aug 21, 2016 7:25 pm by Saphira_Kuran

» VK Memories CH 6!
Thu Aug 18, 2016 6:13 pm by Saphira_Kuran

» New VK Chapter is HERE!
Sun Jun 19, 2016 8:08 pm by Saphira_Kuran

» VK Memories
Wed Jun 01, 2016 5:59 pm by Saphira_Kuran

» The Final Countdown
Wed Jun 01, 2016 2:52 am by Saphira_Kuran

» New VK Chapter SPOILERS!
Mon Apr 18, 2016 5:47 pm by Saphira_Kuran

» New VK Bonus Ch!!
Fri Dec 18, 2015 12:53 am by Saphira_Kuran

» Translation of 'Fleeting Dreams'
Wed Sep 09, 2015 2:20 am by Saphira_Kuran

» Bunko Editions
Wed Sep 09, 2015 2:18 am by Saphira_Kuran

» New Vampire knight Extra
Wed Sep 09, 2015 2:15 am by Saphira_Kuran

» The Musical (Original and Revive)
Sun Aug 23, 2015 2:40 am by Dreamiel

» NEW CHAPTER IN 2015?
Mon Jun 01, 2015 12:16 am by Unknown00

» Newbie in the forum...
Fri May 01, 2015 7:13 pm by aisan4494

» Who do you think Yuki loves more: Kaname or Zero?
Fri May 01, 2015 7:09 pm by aisan4494

» Zeki or Yume?
Fri May 01, 2015 7:04 pm by aisan4494

» So What will happen of Kaname?
Thu Mar 19, 2015 6:25 pm by matei alina

» Does anybody think Yuki wasted time in Chapter 93?
Tue Dec 30, 2014 6:49 am by HomieV

» Symbolism Blog on VK & New Novel!!
Wed Dec 17, 2014 6:39 pm by Kara

» Ever "missed" a Chapter?
Tue Oct 14, 2014 1:35 am by Katherine

» What kind of feeling?
Mon Oct 06, 2014 1:03 am by Saphira_Kuran

We and the Youtube

Poll

would you like to read a sequel of vk?or is hino thinking of writing one?
59% 59% [ 24 ]
27% 27% [ 11 ]
15% 15% [ 6 ]

Total Votes : 41

Friends


Terry Candy


    VK takes place in the far future???

    Share
    avatar
    Shichiyou
    Human

    Posts : 4
    Join date : 2010-09-11
    Location : Czech Republic
    Warning Zone

    Earth or fictional world?

    Post by Shichiyou on Sun Oct 03, 2010 1:06 pm

    Hello guys!
    My first post here! Sorry for my English, it's not my mother language. If you don't understand something I've probably translated it wrong and I'll try to explain it to you.

    Have you ever wondered where the whole story takes place? Sagakure in her translations said that Hino has created her own world with vampires and all. It's very possible, but...
    When I saw this scene in VKG03 my mind crossed the idea of Earth. What do you think? It looks like ruins of human buildings. Do you think it's possible that the mankind somewhat destroyed themselves and the first purebloods came for rescuing them? And according to the subs... (By the way, does someone know if is this scene in manga written the same way? I've read it, but it was long time ago and I don't remember well what exactly was in earlier chapters of manga...)

    I've burried this idea up until VK64 came out. Do you remember this page?

    Kaname said: "Artemis... Yes... The name of the goddess of the hunt, chastity and the moon..." He's referring to a Greece goddess Artemis. Why?
    Really, I think it's not fictional world, it's Earth's future. I don't want to say the other idea's wrong, but I think it's more possible...
    I hope Hino will explain it later in manga and we'll not be left without answer...
    What do you think?

    P.S. I don't have much experience with forum boards so don't be mad if something in my posts doesn't work, but I'll try to fix it....
    avatar
    The Chrysalis Whispers
    Vampire Noble Class
    Vampire Noble Class

    Posts : 275
    Join date : 2010-10-01
    Location : The Shinsnegumi~
    Humor : never cared for it!~
    Warning Zone

    Re: VK takes place in the far future???

    Post by The Chrysalis Whispers on Sun Oct 03, 2010 1:42 pm

    Hm, you are right about the Greek Goddess. But i think what Hino-Sensei meant by creating her own world was that it was her world in the sense that the rules, era, creations would be her own. She has indeed used the name of the Greek Goddess, which makes me wonder... If the Kuran Ancestor was present at a time when the world had only started, then Greece wouldn't be there.
    Indeed, the manga is puzzling at times, but we can only hope that Hino-Sensei clears everything up. But you know, its not that much big of an issue whether VK's about the earth or some other world, there are many more confusions too. But still its important, it never crossed my mind.
    avatar
    Akaruisama
    Pureblood Vampire
    Pureblood Vampire

    Posts : 545
    Join date : 2010-09-09
    Location : Poland
    Warning Zone

    Re: VK takes place in the far future???

    Post by Akaruisama on Sun Oct 03, 2010 3:48 pm

    It's very interesting question. I think the world presented in VK is Earth, but in alternative way. A town where is Cross Academy looks somehow like old european town. Hino doesn't write where it is, not give us the name of town, or even the country. But VK is "bloody legend" so the place is not important. Maybe we should belive that it is true "in deep, deep forest".....
    avatar
    Shichiyou
    Human

    Posts : 4
    Join date : 2010-09-11
    Location : Czech Republic
    Warning Zone

    Re: VK takes place in the far future???

    Post by Shichiyou on Sun Oct 03, 2010 4:06 pm

    (Erm... please, what it the difference between "quote" and "multi-quote"? :| )

    You're right, it's not important. But curiosity makes me crazy... Very Happy
    "Deep deep forest" is the right sentence, it explains everything XD Maybe I'll look into my grandpa's small something-like-forest... Very Happy
    avatar
    juliet
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

    Posts : 5017
    Join date : 2010-05-05
    Location : Deep, deep forest
    Humor : Anytime...
    Warning Zone

    Re: VK takes place in the far future???

    Post by juliet on Sun Oct 03, 2010 4:13 pm

    Shichiyou wrote:(Erm... please, what it the difference between "quote" and "multi-quote"? :| )

    You're right, it's not important. But curiosity makes me crazy... Very Happy
    "Deep deep forest" is the right sentence, it explains everything XD Maybe I'll look into my grandpa's small something-like-forest... Very Happy

    The difference is: Now I used the quote to get your post and answer back at you specifically, I would use multiquote If I wanted to get your post and another post by another user. The use of the multiquote is easy: Just press at the "multiquote" button of the posts you want to answer (the button will turn pink), then you press the "reply"...Enjoy...

    On the subject I had also the idea that VK takes place in the future, so it's a combination of Hino's world + future time of earth. Like let's say that it takes place in 50000. Then the human race collapsed (due to the climate change) and vampires came along. Kaname was at the beginning of the vampire race and Greece godess was also known by history to vampires. So yes the name of Artemis relates to the earth as we know it but I think that Vk is way future ahead.






    I' ll show you a sweet dream next time
    avatar
    Akaruisama
    Pureblood Vampire
    Pureblood Vampire

    Posts : 545
    Join date : 2010-09-09
    Location : Poland
    Warning Zone

    Re: VK takes place in the far future???

    Post by Akaruisama on Sun Oct 03, 2010 4:45 pm

    Shichiyou wrote:(Erm... please, what it the difference between "quote" and "multi-quote"? :| )

    You're right, it's not important. But curiosity makes me crazy... Very Happy
    "Deep deep forest" is the right sentence, it explains everything XD Maybe I'll look into my grandpa's small something-like-forest... Very Happy

    Of, course deep, deep forest is not enough for curious person Very Happy I also thought about that. I only wanted to say that Hino write about VK as a legend that means everything is possible there. In legend we don't have any conetest. Legend is a story which make people belive that it is true and explain something we cannot understand. Locating this story with one age or place make it clear fiction. This "deep, deep forest" is something like "one upon the time" or "far, far ago".
    avatar
    The Chrysalis Whispers
    Vampire Noble Class
    Vampire Noble Class

    Posts : 275
    Join date : 2010-10-01
    Location : The Shinsnegumi~
    Humor : never cared for it!~
    Warning Zone

    Re: VK takes place in the far future???

    Post by The Chrysalis Whispers on Sun Oct 03, 2010 4:51 pm

    Shichiyou wrote:(Erm... please, what it the difference between "quote" and "multi-quote"? :| )

    You're right, it's not important. But curiosity makes me crazy... Very Happy
    "Deep deep forest" is the right sentence, it explains everything XD Maybe I'll look into my grandpa's small something-like-forest... Very Happy

    I completely agree with Juliet.
    And don't worry, i am also a very curious person. I look very deep in one things, that's why sometimes my teachers tell me not to pay attention. weird! lol! lol! :sort of...:
    avatar
    Shichiyou
    Human

    Posts : 4
    Join date : 2010-09-11
    Location : Czech Republic
    Warning Zone

    Re: VK takes place in the far future???

    Post by Shichiyou on Sun Oct 03, 2010 5:26 pm

    Thanks to Juliet for explanation :heart:

    Yes, I meant "deep deep forest" as synonym for "far far ago", I've just said it badly, the other sentence was only a silly thought of my Kaname-obsessed brain XD
    avatar
    Howl4fun
    Common Vampire
    Common Vampire

    Posts : 229
    Join date : 2011-02-24
    Warning Zone

    VK takes place in the far future???

    Post by Howl4fun on Sun Jun 19, 2011 7:45 pm

    I found this trope:

    "It's easy to miss the fact that the series is set in the far future, after the apocalypse, long enough after for things to have been rebuilt to about the same level. In a recent flashback, Juri tells a story of her adolescense to the young Yuuki; we've heard before that she was about three thousand years old, and the architecture and setting appears to be roughly modern day Japan, certanly within the last 30 years or so."

    I mean, wow right? I always thought the setting was in some sort of fictional era, not any distinctive time at all, but it's actually implied to be roughly three thousand years ahead in time from where we are now if this troper is correct. If anything, an interesting thought, right? Very Happy (Unless this is old news however, but I don't recall it ever being discussed before.)
    avatar
    Kanamelover<3
    Common Vampire
    Common Vampire

    Posts : 204
    Join date : 2011-03-24
    Location : London
    Warning Zone

    Re: VK takes place in the far future???

    Post by Kanamelover<3 on Sun Jun 19, 2011 7:54 pm

    Howl4fun wrote:I found this trope:

    "It's easy to miss the fact that the series is set in the far future, after the apocalypse, long enough after for things to have been rebuilt to about the same level. In a recent flashback, Juri tells a story of her adolescense to the young Yuuki; we've heard before that she was about three thousand years old, and the architecture and setting appears to be roughly modern day Japan, certanly within the last 30 years or so."

    I mean, wow right? I always thought the setting was in some sort of fictional era, not any distinctive time at all, but it's actually implied to be roughly three thousand years ahead in time from where we are now if this troper is correct. If anything, an interesting thought, right? Very Happy (Unless this is old news however, but I don't recall it ever being discussed before.)

    It is set 10,000+ years from now, because of Climate Change/Global Warming happened humans went out of control with using electronics and stuff and they started dying and vampires appeared, that was mentioned somewhere in like the fanbook or something like that, not too sure but yeah ha-ha-ha
    avatar
    sweetsolace
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

    Posts : 1047
    Join date : 2011-02-24
    Humor : look in the mirror, you'll love it~ ;)
    Warning Zone

    Re: VK takes place in the far future???

    Post by sweetsolace on Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:05 pm

    Kanamelover<3 wrote:
    Howl4fun wrote:I found this trope:

    "It's easy to miss the fact that the series is set in the far future, after the apocalypse, long enough after for things to have been rebuilt to about the same level. In a recent flashback, Juri tells a story of her adolescense to the young Yuuki; we've heard before that she was about three thousand years old, and the architecture and setting appears to be roughly modern day Japan, certanly within the last 30 years or so."

    I mean, wow right? I always thought the setting was in some sort of fictional era, not any distinctive time at all, but it's actually implied to be roughly three thousand years ahead in time from where we are now if this troper is correct. If anything, an interesting thought, right? Very Happy (Unless this is old news however, but I don't recall it ever being discussed before.)

    It is set 10,000+ years from now, because of Climate Change/Global Warming happened humans went out of control with using electronics and stuff and they started dying and vampires appeared, that was mentioned somewhere in like the fanbook or something like that, not too sure but yeah

    uh 10,000yrs ago kaname and the other vampires were dressed in not so civilized, primitive clothes.. and the village where kaname lord over looked rural and medieval where farming was the way of life (from what i looks like ) and people led simple lives... also another hint that 10 thousand yrs ago was something close to the middle ages was the townspeople way of thinking... they didnt understand what kaname did when he was taking their blood at night so they drove him away, dubbed him as monster. usually this is how they explain phenomenas that they cant understand.
    but around that time, kaname was also holding a syringe which he used to extract blood from the villagers so perhaps it was not so long ago (when was the syringe invented?)

    Later after that Juri and Haruka were born and sent to the human highschool.. the buildings, as the trope indicated, were already quite modern and standard. perhaps 20th century? they did have cellphones already..

    then when the day and night class were created there's already the blood tablets as substitute for blood.. its probably the convenient form of blood bags.. ch72 also says its composed of shrunk red blood cells, which I personally think is not possible to do now,
    so yes there's high advancement of technology in vk now, indicative of the future.
    avatar
    Howl4fun
    Common Vampire
    Common Vampire

    Posts : 229
    Join date : 2011-02-24
    Warning Zone

    Re: VK takes place in the far future???

    Post by Howl4fun on Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:17 pm

    Kanamelover<3 wrote:
    Howl4fun wrote:I found this trope:

    "It's easy to miss the fact that the series is set in the far future, after the apocalypse, long enough after for things to have been rebuilt to about the same level. In a recent flashback, Juri tells a story of her adolescense to the young Yuuki; we've heard before that she was about three thousand years old, and the architecture and setting appears to be roughly modern day Japan, certanly within the last 30 years or so."

    I mean, wow right? I always thought the setting was in some sort of fictional era, not any distinctive time at all, but it's actually implied to be roughly three thousand years ahead in time from where we are now if this troper is correct. If anything, an interesting thought, right? Very Happy (Unless this is old news however, but I don't recall it ever being discussed before.)

    It is set 10,000+ years from now, because of Climate Change/Global Warming happened humans went out of control with using electronics and stuff and they started dying and vampires appeared, that was mentioned somewhere in like the fanbook or something like that, not too sure but yeah
    I know about that, but notice the difference in settings between Kaname and Juri's flashbacks. Kaname's shows poor people/peasants and old fashioned buldings, implying it being at pre-modern times, while Juri's shown in modern times with casually dressed people and modern buildings, thus it's not the same. Kaname's also explains it at simply something happening "10,000 years ago", that does not give us any clue as to what time we are at now, while the Juri/Haruka special chapter does.
    avatar
    Kanamelover<3
    Common Vampire
    Common Vampire

    Posts : 204
    Join date : 2011-03-24
    Location : London
    Warning Zone

    Re: VK takes place in the far future???

    Post by Kanamelover<3 on Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:19 pm

    sweetsolace wrote:
    Kanamelover<3 wrote:
    Howl4fun wrote:I found this trope:

    "It's easy to miss the fact that the series is set in the far future, after the apocalypse, long enough after for things to have been rebuilt to about the same level. In a recent flashback, Juri tells a story of her adolescense to the young Yuuki; we've heard before that she was about three thousand years old, and the architecture and setting appears to be roughly modern day Japan, certanly within the last 30 years or so."

    I mean, wow right? I always thought the setting was in some sort of fictional era, not any distinctive time at all, but it's actually implied to be roughly three thousand years ahead in time from where we are now if this troper is correct. If anything, an interesting thought, right? Very Happy (Unless this is old news however, but I don't recall it ever being discussed before.)

    It is set 10,000+ years from now, because of Climate Change/Global Warming happened humans went out of control with using electronics and stuff and they started dying and vampires appeared, that was mentioned somewhere in like the fanbook or something like that, not too sure but yeah

    uh 10,000yrs ago kaname and the other vampires were dressed in not so civilized, primitive clothes.. and the village where kaname lord over looked rural and medieval where farming was the way of life (from what i looks like ) and people led simple lives... also another hint that 10 thousand yrs ago was something close to the middle ages was the townspeople way of thinking... they didnt understand what kaname did when he was taking their blood at night so they drove him away, dubbed him as monster. usually this is how they explain phenomenas that they cant understand.
    but around that time, kaname was also holding a syringe which he used to extract blood from the villagers so perhaps it was not so long ago (when was the syringe invented?)

    Later after that Juri and Haruka were born and sent to the human highschool.. the buildings, as the trope indicated, were already quite modern and standard. perhaps 20th century? they did have cellphones already..

    then when the day and night class were created there's already the blood tablets as substitute for blood.. its probably the convenient form of blood bags.. ch72 also says its composed of shrunk red blood cells, which I personally think is not possible to do now,
    so yes there's high advancement of technology in vk now, indicative of the future.

    I sort of get what you mean, but if you haven't seen descriptions about the manga etc, it says it is set 10,000 years into the future, and Hino said the whole Manga (all of the time periods) have a mixture of new and old technologies. I'm just basing my facts on the official stuff, but you may be right since when Juri was in high school, it looked similar to our time period.
    avatar
    sweetsolace
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

    Posts : 1047
    Join date : 2011-02-24
    Humor : look in the mirror, you'll love it~ ;)
    Warning Zone

    Re: VK takes place in the far future???

    Post by sweetsolace on Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:45 pm

    Kanamelover<3 wrote:
    sweetsolace wrote:
    Kanamelover<3 wrote:

    It is set 10,000+ years from now, because of Climate Change/Global Warming happened humans went out of control with using electronics and stuff and they started dying and vampires appeared, that was mentioned somewhere in like the fanbook or something like that, not too sure but yeah

    uh 10,000yrs ago kaname and the other vampires were dressed in not so civilized, primitive clothes.. and the village where kaname lord over looked rural and medieval where farming was the way of life (from what i looks like ) and people led simple lives... also another hint that 10 thousand yrs ago was something close to the middle ages was the townspeople way of thinking... they didnt understand what kaname did when he was taking their blood at night so they drove him away, dubbed him as monster. usually this is how they explain phenomenas that they cant understand.
    but around that time, kaname was also holding a syringe which he used to extract blood from the villagers so perhaps it was not so long ago (when was the syringe invented?)

    Later after that Juri and Haruka were born and sent to the human highschool.. the buildings, as the trope indicated, were already quite modern and standard. perhaps 20th century? they did have cellphones already..

    then when the day and night class were created there's already the blood tablets as substitute for blood.. its probably the convenient form of blood bags.. ch72 also says its composed of shrunk red blood cells, which I personally think is not possible to do now,
    so yes there's high advancement of technology in vk now, indicative of the future.

    I sort of get what you mean, but if you haven't seen descriptions about the manga etc, it says it is set 10,000 years into the future, and Hino said the whole Manga (all of the time periods) have a mixture of new and old technologies. I'm just basing my facts on the official stuff, but you may be right since when Juri was in high school, it looked similar to our time period.

    I didn't read descriptions or anything, I was just basing on what was seen there but yeah it does follow a sort of sequence from ten thousand years ago up until the present, there's the old-ish setting before > modern setting > futuristic/middle ages setting
    avatar
    juliet
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

    Posts : 5017
    Join date : 2010-05-05
    Location : Deep, deep forest
    Humor : Anytime...
    Warning Zone

    Re: VK takes place in the far future???

    Post by juliet on Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:02 pm

    What we can say for sure is that kaname has knowledge of different cultures/civilizations...like he knows Artemis..

    from wikipedia; Artemis (Greek: (nominative) Ἄρτεμις, (genitive) Ἀρτέμιδος) was often described as the daughter of Zeus and Leto, and the twin sister of Apollo. She was the Hellenic goddess of the hunt, wild animals, wilderness, childbirth, virginity and young girls.

    So his knowledge shows a VK (fictional) connection with real civilizations. If we go back from now ten thousand years ago, we are hitting the period that the first homo sapiens made their first appearance on the South America...(approximately)


    So VK I guess has to be in the future- then going back ten thousand years we are meeting people doing the harvest, buildings having pipes, and the notion about the greek goddess. When was ancient Greece?

    http://www.ancientgreece.com/s/History/

    NEOLITHIC PERIOD (6000 - 2900 BC), but Greece in its peek..is

    Classical Period (500-336 BC) - Classical period of ancient Greek history, is fixed between about 500 B. C., when the Greeks began to come into conflict with the kingdom of Persia to the east, and the death of the Macedonian king and conqueror Alexander the Great in 323 B.C. In this period Athens reached its greatest political and cultural heights: the full development of the democratic system of government under the Athenian statesman Pericles; the building of the Parthenon on the Acropolis; the creation of the tragedies of Sophocles, Aeschylus and Euripides; and the founding of the philosophical schools of Socrates and Plato.

    but kaname's enviroment (the ancestor) is not that old, like we can see pipes at the buildings and quite different clothes from the ancients, so my guess is that VK ancestor's age certainly had to be after after the medieval ages...now add to that ten thousand years...where are we?

    So after ten thousand years, VK must be now in 10.000 and more.... Shocked






    I' ll show you a sweet dream next time
    avatar
    sweetsolace
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

    Posts : 1047
    Join date : 2011-02-24
    Humor : look in the mirror, you'll love it~ ;)
    Warning Zone

    Re: VK takes place in the far future???

    Post by sweetsolace on Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:16 pm

    juliet wrote:What we can say for sure is that kaname has knowledge of different cultures/civilizations...like he knows Artemis..

    from wikipedia; Artemis (Greek: (nominative) Ἄρτεμις, (genitive) Ἀρτέμιδος) was often described as the daughter of Zeus and Leto, and the twin sister of Apollo. She was the Hellenic goddess of the hunt, wild animals, wilderness, childbirth, virginity and young girls.

    So his knowledge shows a VK (fictional) connection with real civilizations. If we go back from now ten thousand years ago, we are hitting the period that the first homo sapiens made their first appearance on the South America...(approximately)


    So VK I guess has to be in the future- then going back ten thousand years we are meeting people doing the harvest, buildings having pipes, and the notion about the greek goddess. When was ancient Greece?

    http://www.ancientgreece.com/s/History/

    NEOLITHIC PERIOD (6000 - 2900 BC), but Greece in its peek..is

    Classical Period (500-336 BC) - Classical period of ancient Greek history, is fixed between about 500 B. C., when the Greeks began to come into conflict with the kingdom of Persia to the east, and the death of the Macedonian king and conqueror Alexander the Great in 323 B.C. In this period Athens reached its greatest political and cultural heights: the full development of the democratic system of government under the Athenian statesman Pericles; the building of the Parthenon on the Acropolis; the creation of the tragedies of Sophocles, Aeschylus and Euripides; and the founding of the philosophical schools of Socrates and Plato.

    nice reference on greek there... but if you think about it if kaname's time at that flashback was the middle ages or around 18th century (invention of syringes! cheers) greek literature was probably already available and kaname could've studied it...

    but kaname's enviroment (the ancestor) is not that old, like we can see pipes at the buildings and quite different clothes from the ancients, so my guess is that VK ancestor's age certainly had to be after after the medieval ages...now add to that ten thousand years...where are we?

    So after ten thousand years, VK must be now in 10.000 and more.... Shocked
    mm yes I mentioned this before the time there looked quite simple and rural and the townspeople way of thinking seem like spot on with this age, when they drove kaname away as he was extracting blood from villagers at night and they cant explain it so they just drove him away and called him monster. (not a vampire)

    but the theory that VK has old and new technology mixed is also possible..
    avatar
    juliet
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

    Posts : 5017
    Join date : 2010-05-05
    Location : Deep, deep forest
    Humor : Anytime...
    Warning Zone

    Re: VK takes place in the far future???

    Post by juliet on Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:41 pm

    sweetsolace wrote:
    juliet wrote:What we can say for sure is that kaname has knowledge of different cultures/civilizations...like he knows Artemis..

    from wikipedia; Artemis (Greek: (nominative) Ἄρτεμις, (genitive) Ἀρτέμιδος) was often described as the daughter of Zeus and Leto, and the twin sister of Apollo. She was the Hellenic goddess of the hunt, wild animals, wilderness, childbirth, virginity and young girls.

    So his knowledge shows a VK (fictional) connection with real civilizations. If we go back from now ten thousand years ago, we are hitting the period that the first homo sapiens made their first appearance on the South America...(approximately)


    So VK I guess has to be in the future- then going back ten thousand years we are meeting people doing the harvest, buildings having pipes, and the notion about the greek goddess. When was ancient Greece?

    http://www.ancientgreece.com/s/History/

    NEOLITHIC PERIOD (6000 - 2900 BC), but Greece in its peek..is

    Classical Period (500-336 BC) - Classical period of ancient Greek history, is fixed between about 500 B. C., when the Greeks began to come into conflict with the kingdom of Persia to the east, and the death of the Macedonian king and conqueror Alexander the Great in 323 B.C. In this period Athens reached its greatest political and cultural heights: the full development of the democratic system of government under the Athenian statesman Pericles; the building of the Parthenon on the Acropolis; the creation of the tragedies of Sophocles, Aeschylus and Euripides; and the founding of the philosophical schools of Socrates and Plato.

    nice reference on greek there... but if you think about it if kaname's time at that flashback was the middle ages or around 18th century (invention of syringes! cheers) greek literature was probably already available and kaname could've studied it...

    but kaname's enviroment (the ancestor) is not that old, like we can see pipes at the buildings and quite different clothes from the ancients, so my guess is that VK ancestor's age certainly had to be after after the medieval ages...now add to that ten thousand years...where are we?

    So after ten thousand years, VK must be now in 10.000 and more.... Shocked
    mm yes I mentioned this before the time there looked quite simple and rural and the townspeople way of thinking seem like spot on with this age, when they drove kaname away as he was extracting blood from villagers at night and they cant explain it so they just drove him away and called him monster. (not a vampire)

    but the theory that VK has old and new technology mixed is also possible..

    Let's say that it was around medieval so add another ten thousand years to that and Vk' current time should be around 12.000 at least? but where is the cutting edge technology you would expect? so I am guessing that surely Hino uses a lot of old plus a mix of fictional elements but there is no scientific advanrages mentioned (that I have seen until now), so certainly the old here mixes with the new and Kaname's reference to Artemis shows that our civilization has existed in Vk I guess (well at least the greeks did, do not know about other LOL)... rofl rofl






    I' ll show you a sweet dream next time
    avatar
    nina
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

    Posts : 2818
    Join date : 2010-05-17
    Location : My world lalala Kanameland <3
    Humor : Black sarcasm
    Warning Zone

    Re: VK takes place in the far future???

    Post by nina on Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:34 am

    Juliet wrote: so certainly the old here mixes with the new and Kaname's reference to Artemis shows that our civilization has existed in Vk I guess (well at least the greeks did, do not know about other LOL)... rofl rofl

    rofl rofl rofl rofl

    Greeks like the cockroaches … they can survive even after a nuclear disaster or after a climate change!

    Ok very interesting topic and your analysis as well … my impression is that we are talking about a fictional era cuz there is a lot of controversial elements in the story. Probably Hino mixed elements from different eras and placed the Vk in an imaginary space-time … aha





    "... I want to fall down with you to the very farthest depths ... taint me too Kaname"



    Spoiler:

    *wants to sneak under these bed sheets*
    avatar
    juliet
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

    Posts : 5017
    Join date : 2010-05-05
    Location : Deep, deep forest
    Humor : Anytime...
    Warning Zone

    Re: VK takes place in the far future???

    Post by juliet on Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:38 am

    nina wrote:
    Juliet wrote: so certainly the old here mixes with the new and Kaname's reference to Artemis shows that our civilization has existed in Vk I guess (well at least the greeks did, do not know about other LOL)... rofl rofl

    rofl rofl rofl rofl

    Greeks like the cockroaches … they can survive even after a nuclear disaster or after a climate change!

    Ok very interesting topic and your analysis as well … my impression is that we are talking about a fictional era cuz there is a lot of controversial elements in the story. Probably Hino mixed elements from different eras and placed the Vk in an imaginary space-time … aha

    Fictional or not, we are in the story LOL, ah...fictional or not, I am out for a walk you never know






    I' ll show you a sweet dream next time
    avatar
    nina
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

    Posts : 2818
    Join date : 2010-05-17
    Location : My world lalala Kanameland <3
    Humor : Black sarcasm
    Warning Zone

    Re: VK takes place in the far future???

    Post by nina on Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:44 am

    juliet wrote:
    nina wrote:
    Juliet wrote: so certainly the old here mixes with the new and Kaname's reference to Artemis shows that our civilization has existed in Vk I guess (well at least the greeks did, do not know about other LOL)... rofl rofl

    rofl rofl rofl rofl

    Greeks like the cockroaches … they can survive even after a nuclear disaster or after a climate change!

    Ok very interesting topic and your analysis as well … my impression is that we are talking about a fictional era cuz there is a lot of controversial elements in the story. Probably Hino mixed elements from different eras and placed the Vk in an imaginary space-time … aha

    Fictional or not, we are in the story LOL, ah...fictional or not, I am out for a walk you never know

    rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl I think we have an advantage here






    "... I want to fall down with you to the very farthest depths ... taint me too Kaname"



    Spoiler:

    *wants to sneak under these bed sheets*
    avatar
    Howl4fun
    Common Vampire
    Common Vampire

    Posts : 229
    Join date : 2011-02-24
    Warning Zone

    Re: VK takes place in the far future???

    Post by Howl4fun on Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:29 pm

    I agree with you all, it seems we're at a fictional era after all, Hino just mixes the stuff and times together for the story's convenience. Someone pointed out how Juri's flashbacks also mixes, 'cause it appears to be modern times at the "umbrella incident", yet later when Kaien meets her when she's pregnant, she's riding a carriage and the setting in overall looks older again. So yeah, it mixes O.o
    avatar
    aya-chan
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

    Posts : 1154
    Join date : 2011-03-03
    Location : here
    Humor : oiseaux de se ressemble s'assemble
    Warning Zone

    Re: VK takes place in the far future???

    Post by aya-chan on Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:41 pm

    Time is unclear. Juuri and haruka lived for 3000 years. juuri's high school life was before her marriage with haruka. From that bonus chapter is clear they wasn't a couple yet. how many years before their marriage it happened we don't know since nowhere is specify. But we know in that period of time it existed cellphones. the girls had school uniforms (like we always see in others mangas). in past it was fotbidden for girls to wear skirt so short.

    The town have small, old buidings. this make me think it is not a modern time. but exist railways, probably a TGV, and this make think it is a modern time.

    honestly I don't bother with this. for me important is the story, not the time when things are happening.
    avatar
    Vanille-chan
    Level-E
    Level-E

    Posts : 70
    Join date : 2011-06-15
    Location : Buenos Aires
    Humor : zen <3
    Warning Zone

    Re: VK takes place in the far future???

    Post by Vanille-chan on Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:10 am

    We don´t know when J & H started dating. We also don´t know when she went to school. Considering that she is a vampire, Juuri may have done high school several times = D

    Your post amused me. These are details that go unnoticed in this story.

    Sponsored content

    Re: VK takes place in the far future???

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:05 pm