Vampire Knight & Manga Forum

In order to fully enjoy the board and it's function, you can always log in or sign up to an account. Thank you...

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

In order to fully enjoy the board and it's function, you can always log in or sign up to an account. Thank you...

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Α forum dedicated to Hino's Matsuri best-seller manga Vampire Knight and the manga we love

Gallery

Zero's lifespan Empty

Latest topics

» Do you trust Hino?
Zero's lifespan I_icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2022 12:37 am by juliet

» Our Kaname is here!! Vampire Knight memories chapter 38
Zero's lifespan I_icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2022 12:35 am by juliet

» Vampire knight Memories 38
Zero's lifespan I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2022 4:18 am by juliet

» Where to Find Vampire Knight Memories Translation
Zero's lifespan I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2022 1:29 am by juliet

» The Final Countdown
Zero's lifespan I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2022 11:43 pm by juliet

» New VK Chapter is HERE!
Zero's lifespan I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 11, 2017 7:42 am by lililovelilica

» Links for Other Vampire Knight Forums and Sites that you like and enjoy!!
Zero's lifespan I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2016 7:25 pm by Saphira_K

» VK Memories CH 6!
Zero's lifespan I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2016 6:13 pm by Saphira_K

» VK Memories
Zero's lifespan I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2016 5:59 pm by Saphira_K

» New VK Chapter SPOILERS!
Zero's lifespan I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2016 5:47 pm by Saphira_K

» New VK Bonus Ch!!
Zero's lifespan I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2015 12:53 am by Saphira_K

» Translation of 'Fleeting Dreams'
Zero's lifespan I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2015 2:20 am by Saphira_K

» Bunko Editions
Zero's lifespan I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2015 2:18 am by Saphira_K

» New Vampire knight Extra
Zero's lifespan I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2015 2:15 am by Saphira_K

» The Musical (Original and Revive)
Zero's lifespan I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2015 2:40 am by Dreamiel

» NEW CHAPTER IN 2015?
Zero's lifespan I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2015 12:16 am by Unknown00

» Newbie in the forum...
Zero's lifespan I_icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2015 7:13 pm by aisan4494

» Who do you think Yuki loves more: Kaname or Zero?
Zero's lifespan I_icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2015 7:09 pm by aisan4494

» Zeki or Yume?
Zero's lifespan I_icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2015 7:04 pm by aisan4494

» So What will happen of Kaname?
Zero's lifespan I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2015 6:25 pm by matei alina

We and the Youtube

Poll

would you like to read a sequel of vk?or is hino thinking of writing one?
Zero's lifespan Bar_left59%Zero's lifespan Bar_right 59% [ 24 ]
Zero's lifespan Bar_left27%Zero's lifespan Bar_right 27% [ 11 ]
Zero's lifespan Bar_left15%Zero's lifespan Bar_right 15% [ 6 ]

Total Votes : 41

Friends

Terry Candy

+4
mariangie
Knightmare
VampireCythia
Anneliezz
8 posters

Zero's lifespan

Anneliezz
    Anneliezz
    Pureblood Vampire
    Pureblood Vampire

Humor : 1.Being a pure(blood) pervert. 2. Installing the day-class-spy-cameras in zero's room 3.WCZF-club!!
    Warning ZoneZero's lifespan Dropsoa

Zero's lifespan Empty Zero's lifespan

Post by Anneliezz Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:00 pm

Well the title says it.
    I've been a little bit confused about zero's lifespan lately.
    I've seen a lot of people who say that zero will grow old and become about 250 years old.
    For me, I've never really thought about it this way.
    I mean,
    1.It is often shown that zero is as about as powerfull as a purbelood, their lifespan grows longer if the vampire is more powerfull, shouldn't that make that zero become as old as a pb? Or at least older than a normal level E/D
    2. Even Cross is about 150 years old now, without his glasses, he doesn't veven look older than 30. Only because he has much vampire genes. What should that do with Zero.

Guess it's kinda hard to find an answer for this?Well anyways, what are your thoughts about this topic, and do you think Hino doesn't give a clear anwer on this topic on purpose? If so, what could that purpose be?

sorry if there are any english mistakes
    VampireCythia
    VampireCythia
    Pureblood Vampire
    Pureblood Vampire

Humor : BOW DOWN TO YOUR QUEEN!!!!XDXDXDXDXDXD

Zero's lifespan Empty Re: Zero's lifespan

Post by VampireCythia Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:46 pm

I think he will be pretty old because he have drunk so much Pureblood blood maybe I´m just wrong scratch But I´m sure he won´t die just yet.
    Knightmare
    Knightmare
    Common Vampire
    Common Vampire

Humor : Satirical

Post by Knightmare Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:02 am

Anneliezz wrote:
    2. Even Cross is about 150 years old now, without his glasses, he doesn't veven look older than 30. Only because he has much vampire genes. What should that do with Zero.
    Cross is around 250 years old, when Yagari was around 5, Yagari was told Cross stopped aging over 200 years earlier. Who knows how long Cross will live. Same with Zero. If they just don't know, Hino ain't going to say. Maybe hino will introduce some character who knows all about it, or maybe even Kaname will reveal what he knows about the hunters lifespans as he had experience with the originals. Or Cross himself might know more (like from Isaya).

I assume it happened around 225 years ago because Yagari was a child, but he too may have also slowed or stopped aging as yet another very strong hunter (but I don't think he's as strong as Cross).

There's plenty of ways to get answers, but Hino hasn't revealed much on it, cos its not important right now and she doesn't answer much anyway yet.

I think then Zero will live at least as long as Cross, because of his vampire genes as a twin who consumed a twin and even longer still with the pureblood he's ingested.
    mariangie
    mariangie
    Pureblood Vampire
    Pureblood Vampire

Humor : Mad Doctor

Post by mariangie Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:01 am

Knightmare wrote:
    Anneliezz wrote:

Cross is around 250 years old, when Yagari was around 5, Yagari was told Cross stopped aging over 200 years earlier. Who knows how long Cross will live. Same with Zero. If they just don't know, Hino ain't going to say. Maybe hino will introduce some character who knows all about it, or maybe even Kaname will reveal what he knows about the hunters lifespans as he had experience with the originals. Or Cross himself might know more (like from Isaya).

I assume it happened around 225 years ago because Yagari was a child, but he too may have also slowed or stopped aging as yet another very strong hunter (but I don't think he's as strong as Cross).

There's plenty of ways to get answers, but Hino hasn't revealed much on it, cos its not important right now and she doesn't answer much anyway yet.

I think then Zero will live at least as long as Cross, because of his vampire genes as a twin who consumed a twin and even longer still with the pureblood he's ingested.

Cross real age is between 250 and 275 years old . It depends if he aged as a normal human until around his 25 years old . Then stopped aging . Or if he aged as a pureblood / noble vampire at the rate of 1 vampire year for every 2 human years until adulthood . Then stopped aging . In the first scenario he is around 250 years . In the second he is around 275 years old . Kaien has not aged since 225 years ago. As
    Knightmare said . The thing I disagree is Yagari appears to have being 10 years old and not 5 during the scene in the bonus chapter of the photos . But how old Yagari was then don't change the outcome . As the only real difference is Yagari was around 35 years old during the first arc in V. K. Instead of being 30 years old as Knightmare estimates he is . Because from the bonus scene with Yagari as a child to the first arc events had passed 25 years ( as Knightmare has estimated correctly ).

Normal vampire hunters appears to age exactly as normal humans do . Zero has aged until now exactly as a normal human . Yagari has aged physically what I could expect in a 25 year period from 10 to 35 as any human would change . Kaito also appears to age physically from 16 years to 23 years in an 7 year period from the light novel event to the start of the second arc period .

The case of Kaien is an exclusive situation for a vampire hunter . This is the main reason the Hunter's Association studies him since more than 2 centuries ago . A human vampire hunter aging similar to a pureblood vampire . Without being a vampire himself .

I think the reason for the high quantity of pureblood genes inside Kaien Cross is because he is the son born between a vampire hunter and the offspring from Isaya Shouto who became human after his / her mother sacrificed herself to make him / her human . So he inherited the purebloods genes for eternal life / anti - aging ones from his ex - pureblood parent .

By the way , Kaien Cross looks like a 25 year guy when he is not hiding his face , neck and head with glasses , hats , furs and all the stuff he uses for disguising himself as an older man .

The main question here is how will be Zero's lifespan ?????????????

For what I now for now :

-Zero was born as vampire hunter .
    -He became a vampire at his 13 years old .
    -He continues aging at the same rate a human does until now . From 13 years to 18 years old .
    -Zero now is a Level D vampire .
    -Zero had drank several pureblood's blood and drank / devoured his twin brother .
    -Zero power is several times greater than any vampire hunter alive .( maybe except Kaien ? ) More powerful than most vampires alive . Probably at the same level or a little less than a average pureblood vampire . But with the added power to yield anti - vampire weapons .
    -Old purebloods are 2,000 - 3,000 years old .
    -The oldest pureblood vampire is around 10,000 years old .
    -Old noble vampires are around 500 years old .
    -Kaien Cross is at least 250 years old .

But nothing of this says which is the usual life span of an average Level D vampire . (Of course I referring the natural life span . Not if he / she became Level E and is exterminated by a vampire hunter or other vampire . )

The only information I have for Zero is for now he has aged exactly as a normal human . No idea if he will change his aging rate after reaching adulthood .

I believe a Level C vampire average life span is around 200 years old .

I'm inclined to think a Level D vampire ages the same as a human until adulthood . Then 1 vampire year for every 2 human years from adulthood to his / her death . Of course I'm only speculating here . If this is true , then how long a Level D stabilized vampire or any Level D that had not become Level E yet could live depends of when ( the original age ) he / she became a vampire . So an average life span for a Level D vampire could be anything from a former human life span ( around 75 -100 years ) to 200 years tops in the case a baby became Level D and ages all his / her life as Level D .

So I don't expect Zero living more than 200 years old in the best scenario for him . ( Being stabilized permanently as Level D vampire .) Unless he has gotten somehow genes from a pureblood vampire to make him inmortal and anti - aging at the same time . But no evidence for this happening . Nor I expect to happen .

More , I think Zero has a high probability of becoming Level E in the future . So I don't expect Zero becoming an eternal , ageless , Level E vampire . Too weird for my taste .

I think Zero's life span is one of the reasons a Zeki ending could not happen . Unless Yuuki and Zero became both humans . Them they would have the same life expectation . This would means 2 persons need to sacrifice themselves for this to happen ( Kaname and Kaien ???? ) . Hope the mangaka doesn't had chosen this kind of ending .
    Knightmare
    Knightmare
    Common Vampire
    Common Vampire

Humor : Satirical

Post by Knightmare Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:08 am

mariangie wrote:
    Knightmare said . The thing I disagree is Yagari appears to have being 10 years old and not 5 during the scene in the bonus chapter of the photos.
    10 really? I would go as far as 7 at a max. He doesn't look any older than the twins, who are tiny for their age (they must be about 7, since Yuuki looks as small as she did at 6) and Yagari looks about the same age as Kain at 4.
    http://www.mangareader.net/104-2154-16/vampire-knight/chapter-28.html
    all in all, I don't think you can really distinguish between ages, because at that point, they almost all look the same.

More , I think Zero has a high probability of becoming Level E in the future . So I don't expect Zero becoming an eternal , ageless , Level E vampire . Too weird for my taste .
    And thats going to differ for everyone. personally I don't think he's going to become level E, nor will he live eternally.

I think Zero's life span is one of the reasons a Zeki ending could not happen . Unless Yuuki and Zero became both humans . Them they would have the same life expectation . This would means 2 persons need to sacrifice themselves for this to happen ( Kaname and Kaien ???? ) . Hope the mangaka doesn't had chosen this kind of ending .
    this is going off topic and back into the same old discussions. romance is meant to be about a choice on who you loves period, not about compatibility or who she's meant for. It makes her choice much more meaningful if you choose to be with the person you love in spite of the time you have together and make that time worthwhile. makes for more angst too and throws caution and fears into the wind. So I really hope that the mangaka doesn't fix things to make them more compatible.

My money is actually on Zero being the most likely to live on of the three.
    sweetsolace
    sweetsolace
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Humor : look in the mirror, you'll love it~ ;)
    Warning ZoneZero's lifespan Drops5black

Post by sweetsolace Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:36 am

I think it's difficult to say for sure Zero's lifespan since by now he's probably a very special case of Level D, stabilized or not.

Kaien is different from him he was born with more vampire genetic trait than usual so this makes him a cross between vampire and human, if he lived up to 250 years that's the vampire side doing it

Zero is also a half breed but he's also a vampire by now if he's already stable, if he is, that would make his aging just like the other vampires at his level
    I don't believe taking a pureblood's bloods makes his level higher, I recall other vampires also took a pureblood's blood and this didn't make them purebloods. example being the ex hunter association president who took a pb blood and Kaien smelled it from him, next is ichiru who's been feeding off shizuka, also maria, they didn't become purebloods.

one thing for sure if his level E wasnt cured then his life span would be quite short. if he's already cured his lifespan would be normal and i think he'll live more or less up to Kaien's age.
    nina
    nina
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Humor : Black sarcasm

Post by nina Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:26 pm

mariangie wrote: Normal vampire hunters appears to age exactly as normal humans do . Zero has aged until now exactly as a normal human . Yagari has aged physically what I could expect in a 25 year period from 10 to 35 as any human would change . Kaito also appears to age physically from 16 years to 23 years in a 8 year period from the light novel event to the start of the second arc period .

Agree … but as the hunters are more powerful than a common human and have some “genes” from the ancestor-lady it’s possible that they live longer than an average human. How much; we don’t have clues … maybe 100-150 years?

The case of Kaien is an exclusive situation for a vampire hunter . This is the main reason the Hunter's Association studies him since more than 2 centuries ago . A human vampire hunter aging similar to a pureblood vampire . Without being a vampire himself .

I think the reason for the high quantity of pureblood genes inside Kaien Cross is because he is the son born between a vampire hunter and the offspring from Isaya Shouto who became human after his / her mother sacrificed herself to make him / her human . So he inherited the purebloods genes for eternal life / anti - aging ones from his ex - pureblood parent .

By the way , Kaien Cross looks like a 25 year guy when he is not hiding his face , neck and head with glasses , hats , furs and all the stuff he uses for disguising himself as an older man .

Is it stated that Cross is aging like a PB? I don’t remember that … I remember that he was a case-study because he stopped aging. Well anyway.

@ Maria … even if Cross is the child of a hunter and the offspring of Isaya (btw nice theory lol) still he couldn’t have inherited the eternal life cuz Isaya’s children were turned into humans and died as humans, despite the fact that they were born as PBs. Furthermore one of his parents should be a hunter viz human.
    So I’m thinking that even if Cross is the “product” of such union he isn’t immortal as the PBs. I think for his case is more possible that he is aging like a noble vampire for example, cuz even if one of his parents was an active PB and not a turned human ex-PB he still wouldn’t be immortal cuz the other parent was a hunter viz human.
    At least this is what I have understood thus far.

I think Zero's life span is one of the reasons a Zeki ending could not happen . Unless Yuuki and Zero became both humans . Them they would have the same life expectation . This would means 2 persons need to sacrifice themselves for this to happen ( Kaname and Kaien ???? ) .

From what we know so far, only PBs can cast that spell. Kaien isn’t a PB … even if one of his parents was an ex-PB turned into human, still he wouldn’t be PB … so I don’t think that he has the power to turn a vampire into human by sacrificing himself as Juri did for Yuuki. Until now the only cases which used that spell were PBs, nor even nobles. Furthermore Kaien isn’t even a vampire.
    The only possibility for this to happen, viz Kaien sacrificing himself in order to turn someone into human, would be IF he was an ex-PB turned into human and someone turned him again into PB. Then he would have the power to use that spell. However such possibility contradicts with the other nature of him … the hunter … how he ended up being a hunter; if both of his parents were PBs?

Maybe I’m missing something here but as I see Cross’s situation, I don’t think that he can use the spell.

sweetsolace wrote: Kaien is different from him he was born with more vampire genetic trait than usual so this makes him a cross between vampire and human, if he lived up to 250 years that's the vampire side doing it

I agree … Kaien’s case is different from Zero’s case because Kaien was born with many vampires’ genes but Zero was born as a hunter-human.

Now about Zero’s lifespan … he is also a rare case, he is a powerful hunter, twin, ex-human who turned into vampire. But most likely the lifespan is determinate from the true nature … Zero was born as a human-hunter, so if he wouldn’t have been turned into vampire he would live as long as a common hunter, maybe a little much longer cuz he is a very powerful one.

However he turned into a vampire and if he’s stabilized he is a level-d vampire who received the blood from three PBs, so maybe his lifespan could be prolonged, cuz either way I suspect that receiving blood (<<< life force) is something that can extend the lifespan. But the fact that he received the blood of the PBs doesn’t mean that he turned into a PB or he can live as long as a PB, for the simple reason that every stabilized vampire (viz level-d) have took blood from his master PB in order to stabilize but the servants don’t live as long as their masters.
    I estimate that Zero could live in the best case as long as a noble vampire or somewhere between a common vampire and a noble. But with the info we have till now I don’t believe that Zero can be an immortal as a PB … except if Hino provides something new for his case. Everything is possible … VK is a supernatural/fantasy story after all.
    roronoa-zoro
    roronoa-zoro
    Level-E
    Level-E

Post by roronoa-zoro Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:47 pm

Knightmare wrote:

And thats going to differ for everyone. personally I don't think he's going to become level E, nor will he live eternally.

Count me in...Zero obviously won't fall into Level-E. It would serve no purpose imo, like I said before, readers are waiting for Zero to be rewarded in the end (except maybe his haters), Hino can't possibly disregard it. Hino is for me putting all these bad omen hints to scare the fans, she is doing the same with Kaname after all...characters death must have a meaning such as pushing the plot forward (ex: Ace-One Piece), punishing a villain, characters reaching the point of no return (ex: Light-Death Note), side characters...mangaka have rarely the guts to kill one of their main characters off, Zero is a main character so he should be safe. Another example is the manga "Boku no Hatsukoi wo Kimi ni Sasagu", the author keeps reminding us of Takuma's inescapable tragic fate "he won't even live past 20" , he did die in the movie but in the manga he has a happy ending.

this is going off topic and back into the same old discussions. romance is meant to be about a choice on who you loves period, not about compatibility or who she's meant for. It makes her choice much more meaningful if you choose to be with the person you love in spite of the time you have together and make that time worthwhile. makes for more angst too and throws caution and fears into the wind. So I really hope that the mangaka doesn't fix things to make them more compatible.

My money is actually on Zero being the most likely to live on of the three.

Couldn't agree more Smile
    aya-chan
    aya-chan
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Humor : oiseaux de se ressemble s'assemble

Post by aya-chan Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:13 pm

Normaly, because zero is a former human he should have the same life spam like others vampires like him. I don't think him, drinking pureblood blood will give him more time.
    But he is a special case since he was born as a vampire hunter and we don't know if his vampire genes inherited from his ancestors are the same strong as kaien.

But I doubt kaien or zero will have a life spam the same like a pureblood.

The curious thing at kaien is his frienship with Isaya. In a bonus chapter, was stated he often went to Isaya to pick-up fights. In that time they talked and kaien found out about juuri (she is different from others).
    When they (kaien and juuri) met for the first time, Isaya was in his 50 years slumber and kaien hated pureblood.
    After Isaya woke up, kaien visited him and they seemed to be friends. Isaya seems to know kaien personality very well. It is obvious their were friends and their fights were more like training.
    The question is, if kaien hated pureblood vampires, then why he had a frienship with one (before knowing juuri)?
    Anneliezz
    Anneliezz
    Pureblood Vampire
    Pureblood Vampire

Humor : 1.Being a pure(blood) pervert. 2. Installing the day-class-spy-cameras in zero's room 3.WCZF-club!!

Post by Anneliezz Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:50 pm

Knightmare wrote:
    Anneliezz wrote:
    Cross is around 250 years old,
    Oh, my bad, i thought they said it was 100 years since he stopped aging, and I was too lazy to check it, hence the calculation mistake
    aya-chan wrote:But he is a special case since he was born as a vampire hunter and we don't know if his vampire genes inherited from his ancestors are the same strong as kaien.

Yes that's why I'm thinking he'll at least live longer then a normal level D

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:51 pm