Vampire Knight & Manga Forum

In order to fully enjoy the board and it's function, you can always log in or sign up to an account. Thank you...

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

In order to fully enjoy the board and it's function, you can always log in or sign up to an account. Thank you...

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Α forum dedicated to Hino's Matsuri best-seller manga Vampire Knight and the manga we love

Gallery

Vampire Knight Chapter 74 Translation - Page 5 Empty

Latest topics

» Do you trust Hino?
Vampire Knight Chapter 74 Translation - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2022 12:37 am by juliet

» Our Kaname is here!! Vampire Knight memories chapter 38
Vampire Knight Chapter 74 Translation - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2022 12:35 am by juliet

» Vampire knight Memories 38
Vampire Knight Chapter 74 Translation - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2022 4:18 am by juliet

» Where to Find Vampire Knight Memories Translation
Vampire Knight Chapter 74 Translation - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2022 1:29 am by juliet

» The Final Countdown
Vampire Knight Chapter 74 Translation - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2022 11:43 pm by juliet

» New VK Chapter is HERE!
Vampire Knight Chapter 74 Translation - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 11, 2017 7:42 am by lililovelilica

» Links for Other Vampire Knight Forums and Sites that you like and enjoy!!
Vampire Knight Chapter 74 Translation - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2016 7:25 pm by Saphira_K

» VK Memories CH 6!
Vampire Knight Chapter 74 Translation - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2016 6:13 pm by Saphira_K

» VK Memories
Vampire Knight Chapter 74 Translation - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2016 5:59 pm by Saphira_K

» New VK Chapter SPOILERS!
Vampire Knight Chapter 74 Translation - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2016 5:47 pm by Saphira_K

» New VK Bonus Ch!!
Vampire Knight Chapter 74 Translation - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2015 12:53 am by Saphira_K

» Translation of 'Fleeting Dreams'
Vampire Knight Chapter 74 Translation - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2015 2:20 am by Saphira_K

» Bunko Editions
Vampire Knight Chapter 74 Translation - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2015 2:18 am by Saphira_K

» New Vampire knight Extra
Vampire Knight Chapter 74 Translation - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2015 2:15 am by Saphira_K

» The Musical (Original and Revive)
Vampire Knight Chapter 74 Translation - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2015 2:40 am by Dreamiel

» NEW CHAPTER IN 2015?
Vampire Knight Chapter 74 Translation - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2015 12:16 am by Unknown00

» Newbie in the forum...
Vampire Knight Chapter 74 Translation - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2015 7:13 pm by aisan4494

» Who do you think Yuki loves more: Kaname or Zero?
Vampire Knight Chapter 74 Translation - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2015 7:09 pm by aisan4494

» Zeki or Yume?
Vampire Knight Chapter 74 Translation - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2015 7:04 pm by aisan4494

» So What will happen of Kaname?
Vampire Knight Chapter 74 Translation - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2015 6:25 pm by matei alina

We and the Youtube

Poll

would you like to read a sequel of vk?or is hino thinking of writing one?
Vampire Knight Chapter 74 Translation - Page 5 Bar_left59%Vampire Knight Chapter 74 Translation - Page 5 Bar_right 59% [ 24 ]
Vampire Knight Chapter 74 Translation - Page 5 Bar_left27%Vampire Knight Chapter 74 Translation - Page 5 Bar_right 27% [ 11 ]
Vampire Knight Chapter 74 Translation - Page 5 Bar_left15%Vampire Knight Chapter 74 Translation - Page 5 Bar_right 15% [ 6 ]

Total Votes : 41

Friends

Terry Candy

+20
Victoria91
nateriver
mariangie
Seeker
keira
Knightmare
Rose.Petals
kanameknight95
VaahS
sweetsolace
aya-chan
VampireCythia
nina
Bloodredhead
Howl4fun
loveiszero
sari15
juliet
Anneliezz
witlessfool
24 posters

Vampire Knight Chapter 74 Translation

witlessfool
    witlessfool
    Level-E
    Level-E

Warning ZoneVampire Knight Chapter 74 Translation - Page 5 Dropsoa

Vampire Knight Chapter 74 Translation - Page 5 Empty Vampire Knight Chapter 74 Translation

Post by witlessfool Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:29 pm

First topic message reminder :

Same disclaimer as always: English translation of Chinese translation of Japanese is less accurate than direct English translation from Japanese. So take what I've done with a grain of salt. But the general gist is there. I've found that my translation is getting better the more I do so this did come out a low smoother than my previous translation projects. Brackets contains my interpretations of the dodgy areas.

Thanks to pkdesigner for the link to the raws.

Cover page:
    Finally arriving at the forefront...
    (Can be interpreted as “it’s finally here” or something like that)

Page One:
    Yuuki prepares to bite, withdraws, Zero looks at her. “Want to give up?”

Page Two:
    Yuuki looks at Zero. “No, it’s not that.”
    “I only want to take a good look at the face of the one I’m taking blood from, future president of the association.”
    “...I’m not biting Zero simply because he invited me to. Like Zero said, this terrible cause – eh...” (the word is definitely "cause" but I feel like it should be "this terrible thirst" *shrug* ah well)

Page Three:
    Still Yuuki, “Please help me... I really want Zero’s blood now. I... I’ve always suppressed my thirst.”
    “Only need a little bit... Because, if it’s enough to satisfy, then I can definitely work hard to become pureblood Kaname’s... .”
    To return to the past is no longer allowed...
    Zero stares. “Ah... If it’s not like that, then I would be interfering...”
    I can no longer restrain myself –

Page Four:
    Yuuki, “Zero is so calm, yet I’m so very nervous.”
    “Just for now, can Zero please don’t think about anything...”
    Zero, “It doesn’t matter. There’s nothing inside my heart that, if you peeped, would interfere...”

Page Five:
    Zero, “Your matter... I don’t think about it any longer...”
    “It’s only, occasionally, when your fragment inside me awakens... that thoughts of you would appear...”

Page Six:
    I don’t think about it anymore. Only occasionally, when your fragment inside me awakens...
    Real life Yuuki stares at the Yuuki inside Zero’s mind, who’s sitting on the tree root over a cemetery yard with a black wolf behind her.
    The Yuuki in Zero’s mind says, “It’s okay, don’t worry.”

Page Seven:
    The Yuuki in Zero’s mind, “The thing Zero’s most afraid of, is now sleeping deeply inside...”
    Real life Yuuki turns around to find Zero/Ichiru (hard to tell) behind her. He says, “There, protecting the coffin, is only a memory.”

Page Eight:
    Real-life Zero, with Yuuki drinking from him, “Hey, don’t peep inside me.”
    Yuuki withdraws.

Page Nine:
    Yuuki, “I didn’t look at anything...” (Interpreted as I didn’t look at anything in particular/I didn’t specifically snoop for that etc.)
    “It’s nothing,” Yuuki wipes her mouth. “Unlike a certain peeping someone from before...”
    On a certain level...
    There’s an impression of the black wolf...

“Huh?”
    “Ah...” Zero mutters, clutching at his throat.
    “Ah, it’s not like that,” Yuuki, panicking. “I didn’t mean it that way. Zero is...”
    “Still... Zero...”
    Hunger and thirst...
    How is it...?

Yuuki clenches her hand.

Page Ten:
    Yuuki, “Sorry, I should apologize... Thank you...”
    The moment I bit into Zero’s neck, my mind suddenly calmed down and my fangs extended for someone I had absolute no intention of drinking from
    I, in accordance with the agreement,

Page Eleven:
    To not respond to Zero’s actions is impossible –
    Sara – in her shiny new uniform – joining the Night Class
    Yuuki at the door

Page Twelve:
    Shiki, “Hey, are you being serious when you say that?”
    Hanabusa, “I’ve always been very serious!”
    Continuing, “Even if we’re surrounded by the association, it’s still the same. As our purebloods and monarchs’ subordinate, let me spy around, okay.”
    Shiki, stone-faced, “So basically, you want us to take over and assist our temporary dorm president?”
    Hanabusa, flushing, “Yes, the current situation is highly damaging to what we hope to achieve.”
    Shiki, “Although we really do need those information, Aidou-kun...”

Page Thirteen:
    Shiki, continued, “Didn’t you once say Kaname-sama gave you the role of temporary dorm president? And are you sure it’s okay for you to leave her side?”
    Hanabusa, looking grave, “That... well...”
    Hanabusa, looking away, “That’s not a problem.”
    “At her side, there’s an anti-pureblood hunter to keep an eye on things.”

Page Fourteen:
    Yuuki, as she walks past Zero, “Zero, these days, are there any Day Class students sneaking out at night time?”
    Zero, “I’m looking into it now.”
    Two night class girls can be spotted.

Page Fifteen:
    Yuuki pats Zero on the back, “I’ll leave it to you then.”

Page Sixteen:
    Yuuki, hides behind the wall. “Ah, I didn’t act too unnatural, did I?”
    To converse in an extremely simple manner?
    Doesn’t matter. As long as I can start afresh with Zero...

Yuuki sinks to the floor. *pause* “Ah... must quickly get to the classroom.”

Page Seventeen:
    Zero, “Alright already, hurry up and get back to your dorms. Go!”
    Kaien, “Thanks for the hard work, Zero-kun.”
    Zero, “Chairman Kaien, Kaito.”
    Kaien, “I can see a little bit of the old Yuuki. And you always obediently making yourself useful. That, above all else, makes me happy.”
    Zero, “That rascal shares the same aspiration as yours. Now she’s at the school desperately trying her hardest. It’s because of that request, that I’m doing what things that cannot be avoided.”

Page Eighteen:
    Kaien, “There’s no point in arguing... But you.”
    “Back then, there was nothing that could stop you. You only ever wanted to rush forward to kill Kaname-kun, using the dangerous risk he posed as an excuse.”
    “Yet now, to suddenly change and become obedient, it’s really worrying.”
    Zero thought about it, then smiled.

Page Nineteen:
    Zero, “Kaname Kuran, hasn’t he already decided to kill off the pureblood race?”
    “If that’s the case, in my opinion, there’s no reason for me to rush forward to stop him.”
    Kaien looked at him. “... Those words, I’ll pretend I didn’t hear them.”

Page Twenty:
    Kaien, “As the chairman of peace agreement, I cannot ignore Kaname-kun’s recent behaviour.”
    “It’s also because of Yuuki...”
    On the staircase, Rima, “We’re late.”
    Shiki, “Yeah, well, that’s only because Aidou wouldn’t stop talking.”
    They open the door and pause.

Page Twenty-One:
    Yuuki kneeling on the floor. Sara glowing in her chair. (The sound-effect next to the pen on the floor is “general mumbling”)
    The board has two sheets. One says “Ichijou-senpai,” with the word “resigning” after it. On the column next to it has “Sara” The word you see repeated three times is the Chinese way of keeping tally (it’s a word with five strokes, so it’s scores of five). So it looks like Sara has seventeen votes and on the sheet next to it, you can see Yuuki has only one vote.
    Rima, shocked, “Why are you looking so utterly defeated?”
    Yuuki slowly turns around, “Because of the gap in charisma, Sara-san became Dorm President.”

Page Twenty-Two:
    Sara, glowing, “But the actual duties, I want to relinquish over to Yuuki-san. For me, the responsibility is too major.”
    Yuuki, “Ah... okay.”
    Rima, shocked, “Ah, to be forced to accept the job.”
    Ichijou looks really ... off. “...”
    Shiki, “? Ichijou-senpai?” Then, he noticed something and turned to his right.
    “Ah!” Maria at the window.

Page Twenty-Three:
    Maria, “Zero-kun.”
    Teacher, “Okay, everyone. Can we please start the lesson?”
    Rima, “Suddenly, I have an uneasy feeling about what’s to come.”
    Shiki, “Yeah...”
    Sara, “Oh, everyone, let’s not trouble the teacher any longer. Let’s return to our seats.”
    Yuuki, “Ichijou-senpai, regarding yesterday’s discussion, can we continue discussing it a bit later?”
    Ichijou, “Ah, is this the issue regarding the new blood tablets?”

Page Twenty-Four
    Ichijou, smiling, “Sorry, that was my mistake. There’s no problem.”
    Yuuki, Shiki, Rima. “Ichijou-senpai...?”
    Elsewhere.
    Ruka, “This must be -sama’s house... They’re really cautious about the whereabouts of the pureblood’s residence.”
    (Sorry, I can't be bothered guess what the pureblood's name was. Chinese translation uses the same character as the Japanese kanji but the pronunciation is bound to be different. So even if I did guess, it's bound to be wrong. I'm going to leave this to the Japanese experts once the originial raws are out.)

Page Twenty-Five:
    Akatsuki spots something, “You better stay here and do the task you were assigned to do. I’m going to go over there and see what those strange people are doing.”

Page Twenty-Six:
    Akatsuki dashes over, sees this queue of people getting bottles of the new blood tablets. “What... is this...?”
    “Ruka.” Kaname arrives. “Today’s all thanks to you doing all this difficult work. I must really thank you.”

Page Twenty-Seven:
    Ruka, looking rather withdrawn. “Although here’s quite far away from the road, but it’s still fairly close to where the humans are living.”
    “Okay, I’ll go and do my best to lead them away.”
    Kaien arrives with a sword. “I was just thinking you were probably going to arrive here, Kaname-kun.”

Page Twenty-Eight
    Kaname, “Chairman Kaien... are you here as the chairman of the peace agreement association?”
    Kaien, “Also as Yuuki’s adoptive father. I’m here to inform you that I’ve already decided I will not be returning Yuuki to you.”
    Kaname looks down, “Yuuki is already walking her own path and living by her own decisions... Chairman Kaien.”

Page Twenty-Nine:
    Kaname, continues, “I no longer have the means to bind her to me. Therefore”
    “For you to take Yuuki away from my side like this, I am very grateful.”
    Kaien, draws out sword. “Is that because, in your goal to eliminate the pureblood race, Yuuki is your Achilles’ Heel?” (The literal translation is “will she be your stumbling block” as in she may cause you to stumble, as in she’ll prevent you from achieving your goal. But I think Achilles’ Heel says pretty much the same thing...)

Page Thirty:
    Kaname, “That’s right.”
    “If you are to stop me, then you would be eliminated too.”

Kaname vs Cross (last 2 are actually kanji characters and not Chinese so I don't know what it says, sorry!)

FINISH!

Also, Hino-sensei appears to be taking a break T_T So two months till the next chapter comes out.

Hope you guys enjoy this! cheers

Witless Fool king

My thoughts: In Zero's head, the cemetery represents the thing he's most afraid of - sinking down the Level E. The fragments of Yuuki and Kaname that he consumed is keeping it at bay (represented by the tree). So that's why they're watching over/guarding the coffin. (Somebody suggested it could also be Shizuka) I think it's sad, for Zero at least, how even the fragment of Yuuki he consumed has Kaname next to her, watching over her. It's almost as if he can never get a piece of Yuuki just for himself if you know what I mean. (That's just my impression of the scene).

Last edited by witlessfool on Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:15 pm; edited 2 times in total

Howl4fun
    Common Vampire
    Common Vampire

Vampire Knight Chapter 74 Translation - Page 5 Empty Re: Vampire Knight Chapter 74 Translation

Post by Howl4fun Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:10 pm

Sari: Vampire Knight Chapter 74 Translation - Page 5 Icon_clap Vampire Knight Chapter 74 Translation - Page 5 Icon_clap Vampire Knight Chapter 74 Translation - Page 5 Icon_clap completely agree with you. ^^

loveiszero wrote:
    Howl4fun wrote:
    Totally, given that he's been shown thirsting this much means he will be get to bite someone in the future too. The choice stands between Yuuki and Maria Razz Maaaybe Sara, but I doubt it. He would have to be really desperate with no other option, or possibly being controlled by her tablets. I'm actually torned as to whether I want to see him bite Maria or Yuuki next, lol Razz

Hm, yeah, this is indeed a hard choice.

Maria: Well this might solve the LT by turning it into a love square Vampire Knight Chapter 74 Translation - Page 5 215456
    Yuuki: good for him since her blood will probably satisfy his hunger. And in case it doesn't , well there we go about his feelings.

XD

Maria: So sweet, but I'd feel sorry for her though as I doubt Zero will ever love her. He might develop caring/family feelings for her however, given her connection to Ichiru. If he bites her and "leaves" her afterwards, she might turn out heartbroken ... Embarassed though I'm guessing that if more will go on in zeki, she will pick up on it.

Yuuki: Ok, so his thirsting fits were so bad he would let a vampire he hunted get away (chap 69/70) or run out a building to hide in the woods till it passed (chap 72). If he were to bite Yuuki again, I'd be really happy for him, haha XD
    sweetsolace
    sweetsolace
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Humor : look in the mirror, you'll love it~ ;)
    Warning ZoneVampire Knight Chapter 74 Translation - Page 5 Drops5black

Vampire Knight Chapter 74 Translation - Page 5 Empty Re: Vampire Knight Chapter 74 Translation

Post by sweetsolace Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:13 pm

Zeki:

I think that if all this dragging in their relationship is meant to end in friendship is what would be completely pointless. I mean, all this waiting for the revelation of their feelings to be "Omg, we're BFF's !!!" I mean, seriously? XDD Though we're all victims to our bias minds here so until we get canon proof of Yuuki's feelings we'll keep supporting our own interpretions and POV's. Nothing wrong with that

I completely agree that the bite is nowhere as epic as previous bites have been... which actually left me relieved. I was thinking that if the bite would be too great/epic, it'd mean that it would be the only Yuuki to Zero bite we'd have, as Hino's way of saying "There. Now you got an epic bite from her to Zero as well. Hope you liked it as it'll be the only one." really It being cut off like that without Yuuki tasting his feelings or being let into his memories completely is what makes me confident there'll be more. Not saying her biting him again will resolve the LT or anything, only that another bite may be emphasized on physically as well as this one was mentally. We shall wait and see

Saying it was "emotionless" however, that's a bit of a lie. Does licking his neck, pulling his tie, saying "I calmed down and my fangs extended in his neck" while clenching him count as "emotionless"? Really? If you see it that way however, fine. It's all in bias minds (as is mine)

Zero and Yuki fans often believe there's love going on, while Yuki and Kaname fans often don't, this is often what the debates are all about, showing proof and no proof of this.
    For me , Yuki's reaction and her way of handling herself in the bite was quite in tune with what I had thought: they've always been friends, so there's no realization. its unrequited love. Yuki wants Zero back as a friend, as the one she often talked to before. Part of her heart being attached to Zero was because of their bond. She cared for him as she always had back then for four years and now it has changed. I think this is the reason why she often avoids him, to prevent hurting him more, because she knows she can't return his feelings.

I think its not about the bite, but how the bite was delivered in itself that signifies their current relationship. It was careful, it was polite, and it was quite respectful. Its like biting someone she just met. She stopped, asked his permission, apologized for losing control, and more than that she behaved like a proper lady in need of blood. She did not lick him though, if there was it would show as a side scribble, but she just opened her mouth and bit.

I actually said bland, not emotionless. but yeah pretty much the same,it was watered down IMO. there just the bite, and the close proximity. bounce and of course if she won't loosen his tie she will bite the clothe on his neck, and she won't get to her destination.

Like how it was said before if there were feelings involved it would've showed, but Yuki just saw his memories and Zero even told her before that there was nothing there that she would see. If Zero possibly suppressed his feelings then it was not intense enough that he could suppress it, if it was intense he couldn't have suppressed it if it was too strong, therefore it was not great at that moment. There were no feelings that Yuki tasted so probably its hiding there somewhere. maybe next time she bites him she will have to prolong it more like 5 min to an hour so she can surf around for it LOL Razz ok im joking here.

maybe there's more, but im hoping it would stop being awkward between them and zero actually starts talking to her the same way he talks to her when they were friends, maybe then they can move on.

I actually find Maria's fangirling attitude cute and bright. I think she would really create a contrast to Zero's gloomy behavior. Very Happy Sun and darkness combo. I hope he sees her more. Razz

sari15 wrote:Amusingly enough, I think most of the Zero/Yuuki fans I know are really pleased with how this bite turned out. If Yuuki had just gone in after the neck without any thought what so ever, there's a risk that it would have put Zero on the defense. Neither of them are in a place emotionally with each other that doing that could have been a step back.

This did seem anti-climatic but for what needs to be accomplished to mend any aspect of Zero and Yuuki's relationship--this managed it. They talked pretty intimately during that time too. I'm curious to see how the Japanese translations hold up to the Chinese version but the 'flow' of the scene fits with the Level E.

I was a bit sad, before this chapter there was lots of excitement and anticipation for this bite and this is what you get. Razz cant blame the reactions. it shows. Razz Razz though that's just me. I'm surprised (or not so surprised) ZEKIs can say they are pleased with this bite, when I'm not even remotely liking it, eventhough I'm a YUME fan. although of course i know you like it because you're a zeki fan, IMO the bite frankly doesn't look that appetizing. I can appreciate the "beauty" of vampire bites and this was just bland. imo.
    course there will be more Zero and Yuki interactions, no harm in expecting more , though i think it will be more between friends before it becomes more.
    Also curious with the japanese > english translations, but doubt it would change much judging from the visuals. *shrug* just my opinion though. Razz Razz

Last edited by sweetsolace on Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:56 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : edit)
    Howl4fun
    Howl4fun
    Common Vampire
    Common Vampire

Post by Howl4fun Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:58 pm

Zero and Yuki fans often believe there's love going on, while Yuki and Kaname fans often don't, this is often what the debates are all about, showing proof and no proof of this.
    For me, although the impact of the bite was severely watered down because of the intensity last chapter, Yuki's reaction and her way of handling herself in the bite was quite in tune with what I had always bought for their relationship: they've always been friends, there's no realization. its unrequited love. Yuki wants Zero back as a friend, as the one she often talked to before, and not as a lover. Part of her heart being attached to Zero was because of their bond. She cared for him as she always had back then for four years and now it has changed. I think this is the reason why she often avoids him, to prevent hurting him more, because she knows she can't return his feelings.
    About "wanting Zero back as a friend". Yuuki has now said she wants to "start over" with both guys. So saying one means doom for their love while the other does not is too early. They were both left ambigious. Kaname left right afterwards and Yuuki's still dense about her feelings for Zero. There's still no saying for sure if they're merely friendly or romantic. That's up for the fandoms to have an eternal discussion about until either is canonly proved, lol. Like you said.

Same with the bite as I can see. To yumes it apparently screams platonic/friendship, while to zekis it's appropriate given the timing and circumstances. Yes, I was expecting more blood and some shots of Yuuki's teeth as she bites him and such, I'll give you that. Their conversation however I love, for instance this "Please help me... I really want Zero's blood now... I've been suppressing my thirst all this time..." Of course you can argue she meant she only wanted blood in general, and not his in particular, but again that's another lovely thing left ambigious. As you know with the "why bite his neck when she could bite his wrist" argument, to which the takes on are very different as well.. love or instinctive? (not going into that again though, lol)

I actually said bland, not emotionless.

No, not you. I think Nina said it.

I actually find Maria's fangirling attitude cute and bright. I think she would really create a contrast to Zero's gloomy behavior. Very Happy Sun and darkness combo. I hope he sees her more. Razz

Oh, I find her very cute too ^^ That's not what I meant. Only that pairing Zero up with such an out of the blue fangirl Maria would be odd. So help me, I love the pairing, but given Hino's pattern with her shoujo's love stories, she appears to only be a plot device to move zeki forward. I could be wrong though, but we'll see in future chapters how Yuuki will keep dealing with Maria's feelings/advantages on Zero. It'll probably give us some further clues of her true feelings. Smile

Last edited by Howl4fun on Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
    sari15
    Human

Post by sari15 Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:06 pm

sweetsolace wrote:
    I think its not about the bite, but how the bite was delivered in itself that signifies their current relationship. It was careful, it was polite, and it was quite respectful. Its like biting someone she just met. She stopped, asked his permission, apologized for losing control, and more than that she behaved like a proper lady in need of blood. She did not lick him though, if there was it would show as a side scribble, but she just opened her mouth and bit.

Actually she did. She was licking him when she pulled back to look him in the face. There's even a little trail of saliva between her mouth and his neck.

I was a bit sad, before this chapter there was lots of excitement and anticipation for this bite and this is what you get. Razz cant blame the reactions. it shows. Razz Razz though that's just me. I'm surprised (or not so surprised) ZEKIs can say they are pleased with this bite, when I'm not even remotely liking it, eventhough I'm a YUME fan. I can appreciate the "beauty" of vampire bites and this was just bland. imo.
    course there will be more Zero and Yuki interactions, no harm in expecting more , though i think it will be more between friends before it becomes more.
    Also curious with the japanese > english translations, but doubt it would change much judging from the visuals. *shrug* just my opinion though. Razz Razz

Visually, no. It's nothing really spectacular. Sure, it would have been great to see some two page spread where they are in a nice clinch hold full of passion like a trashy romance novel Vampire Knight Chapter 74 Translation - Page 5 215456 But in the literary aspect of the story--this is perfect for now. As most Zero/Yuuki fans say...baby steps. This was the baby step we've been waiting for. Several issues between them were resolved just by the manner in which this bite took place. A door was opened and things have changed.
    juliet
    juliet
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Humor : Anytime...

Post by juliet Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:29 pm

Knightmare wrote:

If that so, it really makes the Zeki's biting scene anticipation, that was generated a bit worthless or perhaps we are chasing shadows of the past.
    I thought it was good, no rush resolution, the worth is as you said above, their relationship is repairing and they are starting afresh (I wonder if Zero knows that?), but ultimately, they have found common ground. 3 chapters earlier, Yuuki was declaring they would never see eye to eye.

but hino's done that a couple of times now. yuuki and her mission, the revelation of kaname's past to yuuki, these had no impact beyond their chapters. maybe the future will prove that wrong and give these some point.

M...I was refering to the anticipation of the scene (mostly from the Zeki's part) to be a bit worthless. Well okay, I understand that people do have expectations -glad to know its not just us- and there was a great expectation about the bite; that it would mean/reveal something greater - or expose Zero's feelings to Yuuki. But it seems that Hino does not want to give it that way; creating an all passionate revealing scene to server fans.

The importancy of the scene, of course can not be underestimated; they set new bases, they come into a mutual agreement, but the feeling is not exposed. Its the beginning of the resolution; a slow, modest, considerable though begining that is left to see where it is heading > apparently we knew that they have to sort it out.

keira wrote:Kaname looks so sad and lonely in this chapter): I think the part of him that loves humans is still strong. He even asked Ruka to help him to evacuate the humans nearby so as to ensure their safety. I think that his intentions is to make sure that there would be no purebloods left to harm humans as in to turn them into vampires or control them. (with the exception of Yuuki, i think he might just kill himself after he completes his 'plans' D:) I cant think of any other reasons why emliminating the purebloods might do any good to him or the anyone else.

Its so sad that he dosent want to tell yuuki so as not to implicate her. It just makes him seem so lonely carrying out these 'plans' by himself (with the help of Ruka, who is unable to stop him) though it is nice that ruka actually continues to stay by his side Smile while kain is only following him cos of ruka.
    I just hope Yuuki finds him soon and persuades him somehow. His 'plans' right now just screams the eventual death of kaname pale Sad

My question is why are they distancing the people from that area? is there a great event/fight or anything going to happen. Also noticed that Sara's tablets are already at the streets, talking about speed here> a bit strange scene here.

Howl4fun wrote:
    I think that if all this dragging in their relationship is meant to end in friendship is what would be completely pointless. I mean, all this waiting for the revelation of their feelings to be "Omg, we're BFF's !!!" Vampire Knight Chapter 74 Translation - Page 5 215456 I mean, seriously? XDD Though we're all victims to our bias minds here so until we get canon proof of Yuuki's feelings we'll keep supporting our own interpretions and POV's. Nothing wrong with that Razz

LOL, I do not know if Zero and kaname survive here, but I want to see how Hino will survive since apparently she has set the correct bases for taking the bashing from either side (LOL), she must use all her art here to meet our expectations. rofl rofl rofl And guess what? we are not starting fresh!! we are recording down everything Hino.

@ Solace, I agree with you, until now the Zeki has not shown the evident passion, desire, intensity that it would take for two in love (and supposedly suppresed inside) characters to pursuade readers for their great feelings. Its more like Zero says it; we come across fragments of the pasts, not a live love. In contrast to Yume were feelings are evident. So I really can not see how Zeki will escape from the dragging...let's just say that if we will have a Zeki, the coverage of that love, for me the way its heading right now, fails to convey (with the means that Hino uses; agreement, mutual interests, lack of feeling)
    the "in love" dynamic that normally should be there.
    sweetsolace
    sweetsolace
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Post by sweetsolace Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:34 pm

howl4fun wrote:About "wanting Zero back as a friend". Yuuki has now said she wants to "start over" with both guys.
    right, they are both starting over. the only catch is, Zero's start over is following up shortly while Kaname's might get delayed until he finishes his mission Razz

Oh, I find her very cute too ^^ That's not what I meant. Only that pairing Zero up with such an out of the blue fangirl Maria would be odd. So help me, I love the pairing, but given Hino's pattern with her shoujo's love stories, she appears to only be a plot device to move zeki forward.
    maybe. Maria did made her move quite fast and she entered into the scene quite abruptly too, though I think she fits right in Razz needs developing there. not saying zero should pair with her right away but I can see Maria chasing after Zero somewhere in the future lol Razz
    I dont know about Maria being plot device, that was already used once, IMO feels like there's no point using it again, but who knows Razz

sari15 wrote:Actually she did. She was licking him when she pulled back to look him in the face. There's even a little trail of saliva between her mouth and his neck.
    ohhh you're right there IS saliva! cheers didn't see that strand! LOL! strange lick though she does it with her mouth wide open

Visually, no. It's nothing really spectacular. Sure, it would have been great to see some two page spread where they are in a nice clinch hold full of passion like a trashy romance novel But in the literary aspect of the story--this is perfect for now. As most Zero/Yuuki fans say...baby steps. This was the baby step we've been waiting for. Several issues between them were resolved just by the manner in which this bite took place. A door was opened and things have changed.

I wasn't really saying there should be two page spread, but the emotions that match what ZEKI fans say the bite would emit or reveal. And it just looks utterly normal. Now as a ZEKI fan you say that the bite was a baby step. But before this chapter everything was different.

I agree there, this could be a new beginning. but as of what that is the question.
    I was expecting a bigger bite, seeing last chapter she looked on the verge of hunger, then its more like she stopped herself and just took a nibble.

There was so much forethought and anticipation over the bite before, so much drama and tension, so much anticipation what it will reveal, and now Yuki's first bite looked as normal as this. lol.

yes you can say the grand buildup led to the baby steps. mm. perhaps there will be another, but in what situation would that be? Yuki says it was impossible to avoid the situation, and she was hungry. should the next bite also follow that she is faced in another yet impossible situation and she is hungry? ..im out of ideas here. rofl bounce

juliet wrote:@ Solace, I agree with you, until now the Zeki has not shown the evident passion, desire, intensity that it would take for two in love (and supposedly suppresed inside) characters to pursuade readers for their great feelings. Its more like Zero says it; we come across fragments of the pasts, not a live love. In contrast to Yume were feelings are evident. So I really can not see how Zeki will escape from the dragging...let's just say that if we will have a Zeki, the coverage of that love, for me the way its heading right now, fails to convey (with the means that Hino uses; agreement, mutual interests, lack of feeling)
    the "in love" dynamic that normally should be there.

apparently this is just the beginning....but beginning of what? and love should be mutual, but why do I sense that Yuki is the only one doing an effort here to reach out to Zero? hm strange love this is.
    moreover if Zero does feel something and he's hiding it, then it must not have been that great because he was able to hide it, whereas if it was of mammoth proportions he would fail to hide it and the Great feelings would expose itself inevitably, despite his effort. But nothing showed. Perhaps Zero's feelings for Yuki should also be developed? And not just her?

Last edited by sweetsolace on Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
    juliet
    juliet
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Post by juliet Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:43 pm

sweetsolace wrote:

apparently this is just the beginning....but beginning of what? and love should be mutual, but why do I sense that Yuki is the only one doing an effort here to reach out to Zero? hm strange love this is.
    moreover if Zero does feel something and he's hiding it, then it must not have been that great because he was able to hide it, whereas if it was of mammoth proportions he would fail to hide it and the Great feelings would expose itself inevitably, despite his effort. But nothing showed. Perhaps Zero's feelings for Yuki should also be developed? And not just her?

The beggining? After two years (and its not just humans) beginning? affraid affraid affraid affraid Vampire Knight Chapter 74 Translation - Page 5 3428452064 Vampire Knight Chapter 74 Translation - Page 5 3428452064

It's the beggining, it moves with baby steps and it hides in coffins? what is it? don\'t speak don\'t speak don\'t speak
    loveiszero
    loveiszero
    Level-E
    Level-E

Post by loveiszero Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:46 pm

Who knows in what specific situation the next bite will take place. After all, so far, when Yuuki bit Kaname, it was also to sate her hunger.

The thing is, how serious do we take Zero's words regarding his feelings for Yuuki? Yuuki herself thought he felt nothing of that sort for her now. Not like she's gonna go all lovely dovey with him, considering his stance, "enemies" and such. So if we go by bite=revelation, it just makes sense to have another bite for her to figure this out.

And who thinks Kaien looks smexy this chapter? LOL For the love of god, I hope he's safe.
    sweetsolace
    sweetsolace
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Post by sweetsolace Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:52 pm

juliet wrote:
    sweetsolace wrote:

The beggining? After two years (and its not just humans) beginning? affraid affraid affraid affraid Vampire Knight Chapter 74 Translation - Page 5 3428452064 Vampire Knight Chapter 74 Translation - Page 5 3428452064

It's the beggining, it moves with baby steps and it hides in coffins? what is it? don\'t speak don\'t speak don\'t speak

um. A baby zombie? rofl rofl it moves with baby steps and hides in coffins rofl

apparently the feeling is hiding there somewhere so maybe one day it won't be so shy and make its appearance. cheers rofl

more bites. and after the 57th bite I imagine Zero's neck would be raw and Yuki still haven't searched that feeling. rofl rofl maybe the fans can help search for it.

or ok, lets narrow it down to 5 bites. After the 5th bite, Zero is half full of blood and Yuki goes, "omg! this is what you feel all this time! I keep drinking your blood and NOW finally NOW I see it, I see your feelings for me after searching for it in your thoughts for so long, and for some reason I also feel the same way which I have not felt the first time before now! I want to marry you now and break up with kaname! Im so dumb to have realize this only after the 5th bite!" LOL rofl and let us forget that Yuki should be feeling guilty for breaking a promise here, she's not rofl she may even want to keep biting Zero again, lol because she was just hungry rofl Yuki's character diminished into a slut-form rofl all for the bite baby

Who knows in what specific situation the next bite will take place. After all, so far, when Yuuki bit Kaname, it was also to sate her hunger.

The thing is, how serious do we take Zero's words regarding his feelings for Yuuki? Yuuki herself thought he felt nothing of that sort for her now. Not like she's gonna go all lovely dovey with him, considering his stance, "enemies" and such. So if we go by bite=revelation, it just makes sense to have another bite for her to figure this out.
    @loveiszero
    when i mean situation, I mean an impossible situation, like Zero doing what he did to Yuki before the bite, and her hunger. Does he need to force her again just to make her bite him, and she also needs to be hungry?
    Its not just Zero's words, but the fact that the blood does not lie. And the blood has spoken.

Last edited by sweetsolace on Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
    loveiszero
    loveiszero
    Level-E
    Level-E

Post by loveiszero Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:01 pm

I doubt he needs to force her again, how about some repeat offender situation here LOL.
    Well the maybe Zero should of tasted Yuuki's feeling for him before. I just feel like their feelings are purposefully hidden away/not stated. Even if we say Zero's feeling not intense enough, but for her to not see a hint of it at all? I still think right now, there is still pretty early for some big emotional revelation. After all, Yuuki still has a lot of issues to deal with, NC, her relationship with Kaname and her "started afresh" w/e relationship with Zero.

Oh yeah, one thing, if Zero doesnt feel anything for her now, then we're already done with this LT.

Last edited by loveiszero on Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
    juliet
    juliet
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Post by juliet Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:05 pm

sweetsolace wrote:

more bites. and after the 57th bite I imagine Zero's neck would be raw and Yuki still haven't searched that feeling. rofl rofl maybe the fans can help search for it.

or ok, lets narrow it down to 5 bites. After the 5th bite, Zero is half full of blood and Yuki goes, "omg! this is what you feel all this time! I keep drinking your blood and NOW finally NOW I see it, I see your feelings for me after searching for it in your thoughts for so long, and for some reason I also feel the same way which I have not felt the first time before now! I want to marry you now and break up with kaname! Im so dumb to have realize this only after the 5th bite!" LOL rofl

Oh it's so good that we shall all be victims of Yuuki's slowness... rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

um. A baby zombie? rofl rofl it moves with baby steps and hides in coffins rofl
    rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl Νο, it's Zeki...buhaha Vampire Knight Chapter 74 Translation - Page 5 3994664780 but I guess you knew it... sFun_tease2
    sweetsolace
    sweetsolace
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Post by sweetsolace Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:10 pm

@loveiszero
    she needs to settle her issues with Zero, but the bite is not the way to do it. Come ooon this is such a whore behavior, she already broke her promise once and to do it again and again on a guy she supposedly broke up with is just WHORE. whore behavior. I understand you're desperate, but this is illogical and completely offsets her character, as much as she already is right now. yes and when do you think yuki will make her grand reveal, when she has drained Zero and suctioned all his blood to be sure she got all his feelings? O.o this is just so desperate...

@juliet
    rofl rofl we have fans and even kaname and zero suffering from her slowness rofl rofl she should be a villain, would give me lots of reasons to dislike rofl
    juliet
    juliet
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Post by juliet Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:11 pm

loveiszero wrote:I doubt he needs to force her again, how about some repeat offender situation here LOL.
    Well the maybe Zero should of tasted Yuuki's feeling for him before. I just feel like their feelings are purposefully hidden away/not stated. Even if we say Zero's feeling not intense enough, but for her to not see a hint of it at all? I still think right now, there is still pretty early for some big emotional revelation. After all, Yuuki still has a lot of issues to deal with, NC, her relationship with Kaname and her "started afresh" w/e relationship with Zero.

How early is it when you have two characters that are supposed to be in love and already two years have passed (almost) with nothing in reality happening between them and just when it gets there...it's flat. I am not saying that feelings can not exist, but for my taste, I do not know, perhaps it's just me the irrational here, it's a very modest and cold continuation that does not adequately supports the "in love" concept.
    nina
    nina
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Humor : Black sarcasm

Post by nina Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:11 pm

Howl4fun wrote: I think that if all this dragging in their relationship is meant to end in friendship is what would be completely pointless. I mean, all this waiting for the revelation of their feelings to be "Omg, we're BFF's !!!" I mean, seriously? XDD Though we're all victims to our bias minds here so until we get canon proof of Yuuki's feelings we'll keep supporting our own interpretions and POV's. Nothing wrong with that

Isn’t that the meaning of a LT? Someone will “lose” someone will “win” the girl. Also I think the ambiguity is a necessity to build a LT or else how?

And I found it quite difficult for an author to choose to depict the heroine as a two timing girl, meaning that at some point she had romantic feelings for both guys. Under that light, for one guy should have feelings as a friend and for the other romantic ones. Not to mention that this ambiguity already has damaged Yuuki’s profile and she hasn’t too many “likes” among both fandoms.

And since you said about pointless … if you find pointless a few necessary scenes of ambiguity which very easy could be explained as friendship, then how can you describe the numerous pages from page 1 till now where Yuuki had said how much IN LOVE was with Kaname? I just wonder… how many pages Hino will need to explain/justify her heroine’s change of heart or how pointless were all of these pages, hm…

Except if you think that is plausible for Hino to put Yuuki having romantic feelings for both guys and in the end to choose the one for whom has the strongest ones.

I find it quite difficult though cuz …
    1. The fans hardly are accepting such charas (two timing), are unpopular.
    2. I think till now we should have a clear statement that she has such type of feelings for Zero too, which we haven’t … at least clear feelings which are acceptable as such from both fandoms.

So it might be for Zeki WTF going on if ends up as BBF’s but not for Yume or the neutral fans.

But that’s my take … I can’t prove anything …

I completely agree that the bite is nowhere as epic as previous bites have been... which actually left me relieved. I was thinking that if the bite would be too great/epic, it'd mean that it would be the only Yuuki to Zero bite we'd have, as Hino's way of saying "There. Now you got an epic bite from her to Zero as well. Hope you liked it as it'll be the only one." really It being cut off like that without Yuuki tasting his feelings or being let into his memories completely is what makes me confident there'll be more. Not saying her biting him again will resolve the LT or anything, only that another bite may be emphasized on physically as well as this one was mentally. We shall wait and see

Relieved huh? Well, you and lots of cheering Zeki, one month ago gave quite the opposite impression but if you say so … Razz

sweetsolace wrote: I'm surprised (or not so surprised) ZEKIs can say they are pleased with this bite, when I'm not even remotely liking it, eventhough I'm a YUME fan. although of course i know you like it because you're a zeki fan, IMO the bite frankly doesn't look that appetizing. I can appreciate the "beauty" of vampire bites and this was just bland. imo.

Ahem … exactly lol.

Now that’s why I said that the way Hino chose to depict this bite is open to interpretations.

For me the big moment has pass, simply cuz the FIRST bite with supposedly so much tension/cliffhanger (last panel, previous chap.), with all of this “build up” from chapter 60 (almost bite) … oh no wait … according to Zeki from chapter 51 with the infamous phrase “one chunk blah blah” and the 1,5 year gap from their last intensive moment of the farewell and the “intensive, sensual suppressed feelings” for soooooo long … cough cough … it should be or owed to be EPIC and not totally dull and plain, IF all the above were true ofc. The magic lost, or it wasn’t meant to be any magic … ???

So if there’s gonna be lots of bites (which I’m not sure about it, cuz it depends of how long Yuuki will stay at the academy), would be in the same tempo. The only alternative I see is, IF Yuuki discovers that her feelings for Zero are romantic and she’ll bite him out of passion … in every other way I think is difficult for an EPIC biting scene.

Howl4fun wrote: Saying it was "emotionless" however, that's a bit of a lie. Does licking his neck, pulling his tie, saying "I calmed down and my fangs extended in his neck" while clenching him count as "emotionless"? Really? If you see it that way however, fine. It's all in bias minds (as is mine)

Pulling his tie indicates emotions? If she had tear apart his shirt yes haha Razz

About the phrase … you should read it as a whole and not to isolate the one part >>>

"When I bit into Zero's neck, my mind suddenly calmed down and my fangs extended for someone I had absolutely no intention of drinking from" <<< meaning that she didn’t want to drink his blood as she also had said when Zero bit his wrist and prior from that.

She calmed down cuz she finally was able to receive fresh blood >>> I think it was obvious that her hunger was creating problems to her mentality and was making her less functional … even Zero said so … ergo; what’s the meaning of “my mind calmed down”?

Furthermore the lack of guilt afterwards isn’t an indication that it was a bite out of necessity; and shot of intimate feelings? Cuz don’t tell me that is natural for Yuuki’s character not to have any sign of guilt IF she had discovered that Zero’s blood could fully satisfy her emotionally? … Razz

That’s why I used the term emotionless to emphasize that there weren’t romantic/passionate emotions … cuz obviously there were some emotions … awkwardness/nervousness/carefulness from Yuuki’s part at least, and as we saw later gratification/”joy” for the fact that their relation has been restored/start afresh, but <<< note what Yuuki means with that … it pops into her head the moment she saw for the first time Zero as a kid <<< this is the start line for her, which means a new friendship, cuz I suppose at that time she certainly didn’t have romantic feelings for Zero.
    Maybe I didn’t manage to convey exactly what I meant previously, but I think I did it now.

Ps. I think we all should restrain ourselves from hanging too much from every single word from the translation … we all know, at least the “old fans”, how one word could change a lot the context of a passage.

Juliet I agree!!!! cheers
    loveiszero
    loveiszero
    Level-E
    Level-E

Post by loveiszero Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:12 pm

LOL sweetsolace, I lol'ed so hard at the Whore thingie.

Honestly though, if Zero's done with Yuuki, there is no reason for fans to even delve into the matter or be dissatisfied with a BFF ending. If the dude is happy, what else would you hope for?
    juliet
    juliet
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Post by juliet Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:30 pm

nina wrote:
    For me the big moment has pass, simply cuz the FIRST bite with supposedly so much tension/cliffhanger (last panel, previous chap.), with all of this “build up” from chapter 60 (almost bite) … oh no wait … according to Zeki from chapter 51 with the infamous phrase “one chunk blah blah” and the 1,5 year gap from their last intensive moment of the farewell and the “intensive, sensual suppressed feelings” for soooooo long … cough cough … it should be or owed to be EPIC and not totally dull and plain, IF all the above were true ofc. The magic lost, or it wasn’t meant to be any magic … ???

So if there’s gonna be lots of bites (which I’m not sure about it, cuz it depends of how long Yuuki will stay at the academy), would be in the same tempo. The only alternative I see is, IF Yuuki discovers that her feelings for Zero are romantic and she’ll bite him out of passion … in every other way I think is difficult for an EPIC biting scene.

The biting scene was a big bubble...just like with the dance scene where there was a lot of climax because Zeki fans were expecting the confrontation of Yuuki and Zero and Hino had done the same thing; nothing happened.
    I remember I had a discussion there about it with a party that knew the east fandom and she had told me that fans there were "accusing",m perhaps not the correct word but you know what I mean, Hino for creating a great bubble and that she can not manage climax.
    I guess that again it happened the same here, we had a great and sudden (it was very fast) development that did not resolute the Zeki problem but actually made a twist towards a more subbtle mutual resolution that's far away from the passionate feelings bla bla that normally the scene (with some kind of means) should convey for what it was at least expected.

sweetsolace
    sweetsolace
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Post by sweetsolace Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:36 pm

juliet wrote:
    nina wrote:

The biting scene was a big bubble...just like with the dance scene where there was a lot of climax because Zeki fans were expecting the confrontation of Yuuki and Zero and Hino had done the same thing; nothing happened.
    I remember I had a discussion there about it with a party that knew the east fandom and she had told me that fans there were "accusing",m perhaps not the correct word but you know what I mean, Hino for creating a great bubble and that she can not manage climax.
    I guess that again it happened the same here, we had a great and sudden (it was very fast) development that did not resolute the Zeki problem but actually made a twist towards a more subbtle mutual resolution that's far away from the passionate feelings bla bla that normally the scene (with some kind of means) should convey for what it was at least expected.

the only "good" scene I see between ZEKI seems to be chapter 60. Other than that the rest of their meetings were watered down. Its like a great anticipation has been building up in ZEKI only to have it shot down to a neutral level that implies more of a friendship once lost rather than rekindling a romance that never existed.

and about more bites... seriouslly?? rofl Yuki is so damaged right now in the fan's eyes, I heard there was even a bashing thread about her in one of the asian forums, she is so hated just because of the bite, they say Hino often excuses her behavior as justified... she is getting incredibly unpopular because of that...what more if she continues.
    aya-chan
    aya-chan
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Humor : oiseaux de se ressemble s'assemble

Post by aya-chan Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:39 pm

As a yume, I felt nothing when yuuki bite zero. I did not felt not even fear for my own ship. Maybe I am insensitive...

Aidou cold atittude towards yuuki: maybe he felt betrayed because yuuki drank zero's blood. aidou expression: he was a little shock for what he witnessed.

I am dissapointed by yuuki, but not because she bit zero. yuuki doesn't seem determinated to do her job. yuuki should put sara on her place, but she don't. for election, takuma was a candidate, but he resign and was replaced with sara.
    night class belong to yuuki and she should take decissions, but she seemed weak in that area. she let another pureblood to mess with her work.
    yuuki should have show the door to sara when she made her first attemp for domination. sara is just a pureblood who begged for mercy.
    yuuki should have said something like " you are a guest here. if you don't like it, there is the exit."

yuuki knows something is fishy with sara, but still she doesn't do something about her or at least to "cut" her freedom. probrably she inherited this from her adoptativ father. he does the same.

and kaien he really has guts. he treat kaname with his sword, but he allowed entrance to sara even if he knew she is planning something and she did not behave well.
    Will he protect her when kaname will come to kill her?

loveiszero
    loveiszero
    Level-E
    Level-E

Post by loveiszero Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:44 pm

sweetsolace wrote:

and about more bites... seriouslly?? rofl Yuki is so damaged right now in the fan's eyes, I heard there was even a bashing thread about her in one of the asian forums, she is so hated just because of the bite, they say Hino often excuses her behavior as justified... she is getting incredibly unpopular because of that...what more if she continues.

Yuuki's image is only damaged now? The moment she uttered those words to Kaname about having Zero in her heart, she sealed the deal for me. I dislike her as a heroine, probably only less than the infamous Haine Otomiya of Shinshi Domei Kurosu.

Hino should of just let Yume leave in peace. VK could still go on with Yuuki trying to repair her friendship with Zero, and develop other aspects of the story instead. But no...
    juliet
    juliet
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Post by juliet Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:55 pm

sweetsolace wrote:

The reason is not adequately supported, noticed the contradiction; her hunger is so great that Zero sees that to her face but it just takes little and that's enough?

So we have the hunger excuse that does not seem adequate/ let's say that she is pretending and she wanted it because she desired Zero's blood (Zeki version almost), where is the backup support for Zekis? they are left there hagging, Yuuki even stating "the blood of someone I never intended to..". No great scenes, resolution, passion given, nothing.

So the hunger excuse fails to convey Yumes, the scene fails convey the "in love" excuse and we see actually a script that as you said; " Hino often excuses Yuuki's behavior as justified... " . But where is the justification in the overall/?

As Nina said the ambiguity dragging makes Yuuki look really feeble and cheap. Should every excused here be justified? just any?
    Apparently not giving neither a good excuse for Yumes but neither an adequate support for Zeki (since Hino is going into that with a lame excuse for me), Yuuki is left there like she is the "slow", the "fibble", the "weak" and the "inadequate". I do not know what more to say...apparently I would even respect Yuuki if Hino gave her a far more determined attitude.

As we saw her with Sara (good she took the blood, she broke her promise and she failed with Sara rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl )...practically a joke.
    Let's hope that Hino improves that in the future.

and kaien he really has guts. he treat kaname with his sword, but he allowed entrance to sara even if he knew she is planning something and he did not behave well.
    Will he protect her when kaname will come to kill her?

rofl rofl rofl rofl or he will use Yuuki; don't eat Sara, Kaname...EAT ME>> rofl rofl rofl (for the co-existence purposes).

Last edited by juliet on Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:58 pm; edited 2 times in total
    aya-chan
    aya-chan
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Humor : oiseaux de se ressemble s'assemble

Post by aya-chan Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:56 pm

loveiszero wrote:Yuuki's image is only damaged now? The moment she uttered those words to Kaname about having Zero in her heart, she sealed the deal for me. I dislike her as a heroine, probably only less than the infamous Haine Otomiya of Shinshi Domei Kurosu.

I don't think yuuki has to many fans and this because kaname and zero took all of them. no room for yuuki rofl
    Fans don't like confused heroines, so maybe yuuki deserve her fate.

loveiszero wrote:Hino should of just let Yume leave in peace. VK could still go on with Yuuki trying to repair her friendship with Zero, and develop other aspects of the story instead. But no...

Maybe hino plan frienship for yuuki x zero and this chapter is just the beggining.
    Howl4fun
    Howl4fun
    Common Vampire
    Common Vampire

Post by Howl4fun Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:56 pm

Hmm, too much discussion, opinions and things that could be said, and I'm way too tired to get into it. I'll try to convey what I think are the reasons for our different takes on this as simplified as possible. If I were to look from yumes' point of view, who most have never seen much love in zeki, this bite scene would probably not seem as it either. For zekis who've seen love implied since the beginning, it fits well in and continues the ambuigity before "the reveal" in a proper pace. So in short really, it's clichè to say but our views is what clashes and doesn't sound right to the other fandom according to their POV's/interpretions of the story/LT. What we're discussing has been discussed for years now and still hints and moments like these are being dropped along the way to keep us discussing "was that friendship or love?" blablahblah... I'm seriously hoping Hino isn't going to drag it to the end either. but well, all in (hopefully) good time.
    sari15
    Human

Post by sari15 Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:11 am

nina wrote:
    About the phrase … you should read it as a whole and not to isolate the one part >>>

"When I bit into Zero's neck, my mind suddenly calmed down and my fangs extended for someone I had absolutely no intention of drinking from" <<< meaning that she didn’t want to drink his blood as she also had said when Zero bit his wrist and prior from that.

She calmed down cuz she finally was able to receive fresh blood >>> I think it was obvious that her hunger was creating problems to her mentality and was making her less functional … even Zero said so … ergo; what’s the meaning of “my mind calmed down”?
    See. That's the thing. She came out and said to him "I want Zero's blood" and that him offering wasn't the reason so saying she doesn't want it is not the truth. Per the agreement, she hadn't planned on doing this--because she promised Kaname.

But you need to pay attention to the rest of the sentence as well, when she bit into Zero TWO things happened. 1. Her mind calmed 2. Her fangs elongated. Why would the second one even be mentioned? If she didn't 'want' to drink from him, why would her body DO this after her mind has calmed and she's able to rationally decide she didn't want to drink from him?

Maybe accessing feelings depends on the state of your fangs? Those weren't memories she saw, it was feelings. Zero's fear. She hadn't intended/planned/meant to peek in on Zero's feelings but...her fangs just...went out on their own. Zero's the one that kicked her out, right after saying he didn't have anything to hide if she went snooping around. As we know, Zero's bites were pretty hard and long when he was drinking from her. This, was not.
    Howl4fun
    Howl4fun
    Common Vampire
    Common Vampire

Post by Howl4fun Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:38 am

Nina: Oh about the bite. I expected her drink from him while they were sitting down... look what happened, haha XD Only thing I expected more was blood and some fang shots like I said. But revelation? Most of us even hoped she wouldn't taste Zero's feelings as it would be too early. I'm disappointed by lack of blood, that's about it. In conversation and developing level I'm very pleased. Why're you trying so hard to tell us not to be happy about it, LOL XD Sorry it doesn't work, but keep trying Razz
    loveiszero
    loveiszero
    Level-E
    Level-E

Post by loveiszero Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:43 am

Howl4fun wrote:Nina: Oh about the bite. I expected her drink from him while they were sitting down... look what happened, haha XD Only thing I expected more was blood and some fang shots like I said. But revelation? Most of us even hoped she wouldn't taste Zero's feelings as it would be too early. I'm disappointed by lack of blood, that's about it. In conversation and developing level I'm very pleased. Why're you trying so hard to tell us not to be happy about it, LOL XD Sorry it doesn't work, but keep trying Razz

LOL So you were the one predicting they gonna bite sitting down cheers . I tried to look at the pic to see what you pointed out about the potential falling but couldnt' make out a thing.
    Knightmare
    Knightmare
    Common Vampire
    Common Vampire

Humor : Satirical

Post by Knightmare Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:24 am

juliet wrote:
    M...I was refering to the anticipation of the scene (mostly from the Zeki's part) to be a bit worthless. Well okay, I understand that people do have expectations -glad to know its not just us- and there was a great expectation about the bite; that it would mean/reveal something greater - or expose Zero's feelings to Yuuki. But it seems that Hino does not want to give it that way; creating an all passionate revealing scene to server fans.

Oh I get what you mean, the buildup towards a bite between Yuki and Zero I assume? The cliffhanger was worthless, the second arc has been full of them just deflating to nothing, I miss the ones from the 1st arc. Which is why I don't think the k vs k is gonna come to anything. I'm sick of these cliffhangers that are just full of hot air, trying to make you think its gonna be really "life changing"...and then its not.

But the most of the build up of anticipation of towards a bite between Yuuki and zero has been fan made. so many people thought it was the way to resolve the lt.

If the bite had been after the lt resolved, then I'd expect it to be a big deal, like confirming it all. but because it was before yuuki made thing up in her mind, it HAD to be subtle and meaningful for other things
    - that zero accepts yuuki and that he won't hate her if she bites him
    - that yuuki is breaking the promise not to bite him
    - that it means they are no longer enemies
    - that yuuki is getting what she wants

because yuuki needs to figure out what she wants and resolve things with the other boy before she takes that magical step with her man, at least thats how it would be if its done right.

nina wrote:
    Isn’t that the meaning of a LT? Someone will “lose” someone will “win” the girl. Also I think the ambiguity is a necessity to build a LT or else how?
    Yeah and they like yanking our chain for fun and profit. That is pretty much the point of any LT, as soon as its resolved, people get bored, both the happy and unhappy shippers.

I don't dislike yuuki for her split heart, I dislike yuuki for her inability to overcome her weaknesses. I actually don't think she has a split heart, thats a personal theory, and I think her "indecisiveness" is her inability to commit herself because she's insecure, afraid to face things and afraid to lose things. and as a character meant to be a heroine, that annoys the crap out of me, that she doesn't do things in spite of her weaknesses. at least thats the way I see it for my ship. but I will hurrah when she starts to overcome it and she is taking baby steps now.

2. I think till now we should have a clear statement that she has such type of feelings for Zero too, which we haven’t … at least clear feelings which are acceptable as such from both fandoms.
    and to me, that would end the LT, a clear statement of feelings.

Furthermore the lack of guilt afterwards isn’t an indication that it was a bite out of necessity; and shot of intimate feelings? Cuz don’t tell me that is natural for Yuuki’s character not to have any sign of guilt IF she had discovered that Zero’s blood could fully satisfy her emotionally? … Razz
    The converse arguement to the above could also apply, that she could be relieved that she didn't or some such that Kaname was the only one for her. Yuuki's response fits nicely with my belief that she already expected her own response, that it reaffirms that yuuki already understands her attachment to Zero.

”joy” for the fact that their relation has been restored/start afresh, but <<< note what Yuuki means with that … it pops into her head the moment she saw for the first time Zero as a kid <<< this is the start line for her, which means a new friendship, cuz I suppose at that time she certainly didn’t have romantic feelings for Zero.
    And she also said that to return to the past is not allowed. She did say she wanted to talk to him like before, which she's trying to do. That doesn't actually define their relationship. It's open enough to suggest friendship or not. Although setting aside what she said, she'd have to want to be friends at the very least, a good relationship has that as the basis. And for me, yume lacks that.

Ps. I think we all should restrain ourselves from hanging too much from every single word from the translation … we all know, at least the “old fans”, how one word could change a lot the context of a passage.
    I know. *groans* its so hard not to pick it apart though I know its a translation of another translation. Patience patience.

Howl4fun wrote:
    For zekis who've seen love implied since the beginning, it fits well in and continues the ambuigity before "the reveal" in a proper pace. So in short really, it's clichè to say but our views is what clashes and doesn't sound right to the other fandom according to their POV's/interpretions of the story/LT. What we're discussing has been discussed for years now and still hints and moments like these are being dropped along the way to keep us discussing "was that friendship or love?"
    Yeah, thats true. its not just about explaining one scene, its everything. What I love about Zeki is the slow and stead pace, yume always seems too rushed and skips the foundation blocks that keep me from buying it as a lasting romance and I believe it what they have has been crumbling during this arc, not that I expect yumes to see that anymore than they can expect me to believe yuuki has no romantic feelings for zero.

though there are yumes and zekis who see and believe the other sides pov.

My belief is that before Yuuki returns to kaname, it will be clear to the reader where she stands. and she will return, she needs to either close things off and face him or well, return to him romantically. that is if she goes to him, if he comes to her, that is a different matter, I would prefer she go to him.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:01 pm