Vampire Knight & Manga Forum

In order to fully enjoy the board and it's function, you can always log in or sign up to an account. Thank you...

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

In order to fully enjoy the board and it's function, you can always log in or sign up to an account. Thank you...

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Α forum dedicated to Hino's Matsuri best-seller manga Vampire Knight and the manga we love

Gallery

How do you judge Yuuki's development until now? Empty

Latest topics

» Do you trust Hino?
How do you judge Yuuki's development until now? I_icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2022 12:37 am by juliet

» Our Kaname is here!! Vampire Knight memories chapter 38
How do you judge Yuuki's development until now? I_icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2022 12:35 am by juliet

» Vampire knight Memories 38
How do you judge Yuuki's development until now? I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2022 4:18 am by juliet

» Where to Find Vampire Knight Memories Translation
How do you judge Yuuki's development until now? I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2022 1:29 am by juliet

» The Final Countdown
How do you judge Yuuki's development until now? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2022 11:43 pm by juliet

» New VK Chapter is HERE!
How do you judge Yuuki's development until now? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 11, 2017 7:42 am by lililovelilica

» Links for Other Vampire Knight Forums and Sites that you like and enjoy!!
How do you judge Yuuki's development until now? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2016 7:25 pm by Saphira_K

» VK Memories CH 6!
How do you judge Yuuki's development until now? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2016 6:13 pm by Saphira_K

» VK Memories
How do you judge Yuuki's development until now? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2016 5:59 pm by Saphira_K

» New VK Chapter SPOILERS!
How do you judge Yuuki's development until now? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2016 5:47 pm by Saphira_K

» New VK Bonus Ch!!
How do you judge Yuuki's development until now? I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2015 12:53 am by Saphira_K

» Translation of 'Fleeting Dreams'
How do you judge Yuuki's development until now? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2015 2:20 am by Saphira_K

» Bunko Editions
How do you judge Yuuki's development until now? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2015 2:18 am by Saphira_K

» New Vampire knight Extra
How do you judge Yuuki's development until now? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2015 2:15 am by Saphira_K

» The Musical (Original and Revive)
How do you judge Yuuki's development until now? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2015 2:40 am by Dreamiel

» NEW CHAPTER IN 2015?
How do you judge Yuuki's development until now? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2015 12:16 am by Unknown00

» Newbie in the forum...
How do you judge Yuuki's development until now? I_icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2015 7:13 pm by aisan4494

» Who do you think Yuki loves more: Kaname or Zero?
How do you judge Yuuki's development until now? I_icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2015 7:09 pm by aisan4494

» Zeki or Yume?
How do you judge Yuuki's development until now? I_icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2015 7:04 pm by aisan4494

» So What will happen of Kaname?
How do you judge Yuuki's development until now? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2015 6:25 pm by matei alina

We and the Youtube

Poll

would you like to read a sequel of vk?or is hino thinking of writing one?
How do you judge Yuuki's development until now? Bar_left59%How do you judge Yuuki's development until now? Bar_right 59% [ 24 ]
How do you judge Yuuki's development until now? Bar_left27%How do you judge Yuuki's development until now? Bar_right 27% [ 11 ]
How do you judge Yuuki's development until now? Bar_left15%How do you judge Yuuki's development until now? Bar_right 15% [ 6 ]

Total Votes : 41

Friends

Terry Candy

+11
kanachanimmortal
theangelgirl1992
Akaruisama
Knightmare
ambi9942*
loveiszero
Rose.Petals
aya-chan
sweetsolace
VampireCythia
juliet
15 posters

How do you judge Yuuki's development until now?

juliet
    juliet
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Humor : Anytime...
    Warning ZoneHow do you judge Yuuki's development until now? Dropsoa

How do you judge Yuuki's development until now? Empty How do you judge Yuuki's development until now?

Post by juliet Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:33 pm

Are you happy/unhappy with Yuuki's development until now? What do you think she lacks or needs to improve? Weak/strong points? How do you judge her in relation to other shoujo mangas? Finally what are your expectations of her?
    VampireCythia
    VampireCythia
    Pureblood Vampire
    Pureblood Vampire

Humor : BOW DOWN TO YOUR QUEEN!!!!XDXDXDXDXDXD

How do you judge Yuuki's development until now? Empty Re: How do you judge Yuuki's development until now?

Post by VampireCythia Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:15 pm

I mean that Yuuki should get her feelings clear for both the boys and find out what there are to her indstead of allways runinng away.
    sweetsolace
    sweetsolace
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Humor : look in the mirror, you'll love it~ ;)
    Warning ZoneHow do you judge Yuuki's development until now? Drops5black

How do you judge Yuuki's development until now? Empty Re: How do you judge Yuuki's development until now?

Post by sweetsolace Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:29 pm

juliet wrote:Are you happy/unhappy with Yuuki's development until now? What do you think she lacks or needs to improve? Weak/strong points? How do you judge her in relation to other shoujo mangas? Finally what are your expectations of her?

not happy at all. Evil or Very Mad

I actually thought she would change when she turned into a pureblood. But what the heck, she does not even try hard on her lessons, she is still careless, and she's creating more trouble now as a pureblood than when she was human! affraid affraid
    -creating the night class paved way for Sara's entry inside, creating more risks of her harming humans and at the same time be "protected"
    -she cannot take appropriate responsibility for what she created: she meddles in the affairs of hunters, she declared herself the "errand girl" of her own subordinates
    -her weakness and impulsive behavior leads to more trouble: she nearly believes Sara's lies before doing anything about it; she was slow asking Takuma about the tablets until it was too late; she gets easily hungry because she basically did not try to learn sating herself with blood tablets which nearly made her eat Yori and endangered herself as leader;
    -she is utterly clueless about the things that could possibly be happening around her. She doesn't even try to think beyond the situation when everything is resting on her shoulders.
    -she lost the "election" because she has no charisma, but I don't think it has to do with charisma, Yuki generally decides to do strange things with her pack, such as involving herself in the hunter's missions and declaring herself errand girl.
    -when she does try to intrude in the hunter's affairs, she actually gets cornered. bounce so it looks like she was just expressing her rashness without any regard about her abilities to defend herself

What I don't like is how she wanted the night class, and yet she does not possess the skills to run it. She just does because she wants to be a good heroine who does good for other people. Its like putting anyone on the position just because they want to do something good. I did not see her considering the risks involve or thoughts how to prevent it. And she doesn't act responsibly enough to carry out her roles so in the end it creates more trouble than change Evil or Very Mad yes its quite in character for her to act the same as she was human, but she is incredibly resistant to change affraid she doesn't change when she became a pureblood, its as if she's still acting like she's a human. The Kuran ball was actually progress the way she mingled, but that was basically because Kaname was there to tell her to act proper, when he was gone she just flipped back and made rash decisions.

its been a year and 20+ chapters since Yuki turned into a pureblood and it looks like the title doesn't fit her... bounce she's been educated, tutored and much more but this doesn't have to have much impact at all. scratch

This may just be part of her maturing process to be a good pureblood, but certainly she is VERY SLOW there! I don't see any change. Shocked I've yet to see how she's actually a pureblood now..

I think Yuki is possibly acting like a mary sue. Evil or Very Mad she's getting saved every damn time she's about to fail in something, or someone/something happens where it excuses her stupidity as right, "She's just a pigheaded heroine who wants to butcher everything because of her Righteous philosophy". She should fail in her night class, but Zero conveniently saved her by giving her blood, which is actually useless when she had failed the election. Now not only does she NOT learn how to take blood tablets, but she probably will not grow from her mistakes.
    Some mangas I read, for example Kitchen Princess, the heroine is like Yuki, but she experienced pain in different ways whether or not she was saved by someone. The experience affected her in ways that made her back out, give up or even put her in a coma-like state. In another manga, Tail of the Moon, the heroine lost people she loved and this actually forced her to better herself by willingly distancing herself and learning. In a way, her personality still retained but she was growing and learning, it can be felt.
    I've never seen Yuki suffer for a reasonable cause, at ALL. And mostly her suffering was created by herself. The reasons seemed unjustified.

her apparently two-timing ambiguous behavior is also part of it. Why does she want to be friends with Zero again, obviously knowing it will hurt him because of his feelings for her, just because she wanted to? Is it immediate that they become friends? She does know Zero loves her, yet she seems to be creating ways for them to be back the same again in a way that seems to imply on the love side. But nooo she has to give mixed signals that confuses the entire fandom and she has to look like she's suffering because of it. bounce Razz

I actually wished she would suffer because of something. Or she must work for something that has consequences; I think the best would probably be her working for the hunters, killing level E's or dragons. Very Happy would be awesome if she can kill one. But since that never happened, maybe she can start by being a good leader, right now she is not being one

Last edited by sweetsolace on Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
    aya-chan
    aya-chan
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Humor : oiseaux de se ressemble s'assemble

Post by aya-chan Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:33 pm

She has a development? yuuki is like she do one step forward and two steps back.

First of all, yuuki goes into that category of heroines I don't like: she is too naive. I understand a heroine must be naive, but yuuki is beyond limit.
    I accept her because kaname love her.

Yuuki need some personality, maybe another pureblood can create personality tablets.

Yuuki has ups and down:
    - in first arc she fought side by side with zero and I like her
    - in second arc she was a kick ass girl when she attacked the vampire from auction. but in the next chapter a weak yuuki show up.
    - in this new chapter, even if she regain her senses she still lack determination in holding her NC. her goal is to create a peacefull place, but she doesn't nothing to restrain sara from her actions, even if yuuki suspect something fishy about her.
    - she decided to create night class but she can't do her job properly. she wanted responsability on her shoulders to show she is a kuran, but she failed completely. she still needs others to back her up.

The only solution for yuuki to become a mature vampire is to take maturity pills. rofl

ps: until now we had chapters without zero or kaname. when we will have chapters without yuuki?(bonus chapters aren't included) rofl

Last edited by aya-chan on Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
    sweetsolace
    sweetsolace
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Humor : look in the mirror, you'll love it~ ;)

Post by sweetsolace Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:37 pm

aya-chan wrote:
    ps: until now we had chapters without zero or kaname. when we will have chapters without yuuki?(bonus chapters aren't included) rofl

I want that chapter! rofl rofl
    aya-chan
    aya-chan
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Post by aya-chan Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:41 pm

sweetsolace wrote:
    aya-chan wrote:

So do I. rofl I am satisfy with no yuuki in 5 chapters rofl
    juliet
    juliet
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Post by juliet Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:19 pm

aya-chan wrote:
    sweetsolace wrote:
    aya-chan wrote:

haha, do you take subscriptions? rofl rofl rofl rofl
    Rose.Petals
    Rose.Petals
    Human

Post by Rose.Petals Mon Jul 25, 2011 4:52 pm

aya-chan wrote:
    sweetsolace wrote:
    aya-chan wrote:
    ps: until now we had chapters without zero or kaname. when we will have chapters without yuuki?(bonus chapters aren't included) How do you judge Yuuki's development until now? 215456

I want that chapter! How do you judge Yuuki's development until now? 215456 How do you judge Yuuki's development until now? 215456

So do I. How do you judge Yuuki's development until now? 215456 I am satisfy with no yuuki in 5 chapters How do you judge Yuuki's development until now? 215456

lol

She should have done so much more by the 74th chapter. She was so take
    charge in the first arc. She had her shy moments with Kaname, but they
    were cute. At this point, Yuuki is completely unbelievable as a
    character. Her character development is way overdue. I understand
    there are mysteries surrounding her past, but even before she turned
    vampire she actively went after the truth. I feel Hino wants to drag
    out the suspense surrounding Yuuki, and has thrown Yuuki's likability
    under the bus. She gets more disappointing with each chapter.
    loveiszero
    loveiszero
    Level-E
    Level-E

Post by loveiszero Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:26 pm

juliet wrote:
    aya-chan wrote:
    sweetsolace wrote:

LOL At least we all agree on something.

Yuuki seems like she has some kinda split personalities. One kickass pureblood (seen in auction scene) and a Mary Sue. She was a bubbly cheerful girl in first arc, I actually liked her there, but since second, she went from angsty to silly to strong and then back to being useless and weak. How can a character regress that much?

On to how she handles her love life. Ok, take Shinshi Doumei Cross's heroine for example: the way she chooses her man at the end was unsatisfactory, but at least she has a good reason for her love confusion cause there was no way for her to tell the guys apart, you could say she technically only loves "one" man. But here, she went from running away from Zero to wanting to be friends again, obviously against his wish, which will ultimately cause him more pain later. Come on, the dude confessed to you, at least have the decency to leave him alone, this is just a very selfish behavior from her part.

I'm glad that Kaname no longer has suicidal tendency if Yuuki to leaves him, as he has more important mission on hands to worry over that stuff. Frankly, she doesn't deserve either guy. Kaname is too great of a guy to have to settle for non-wholesome love from Yuuki.

What I want to see her doing from now on are:
    - "man" up and whip the NC into shape, after all, she just got to feed on the poor guy.
    - stay away from Zero and leave him alone (unless she can figure out wtf she really wants, even so...)
    -go find Kaname and stop him from reaching the point of no return.

What a long rant, I'm just so irritated thinking about Yuuki LOL
    juliet
    juliet
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Post by juliet Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:36 pm

loveiszero wrote:

I'm glad that Kaname no longer has suicidal tendency if Yuuki to leaves him, as he has more important mission on hands to worry over that stuff. Frankly, she doesn't deserve either guy. Kaname is too great of a guy to have to settle for non-wholesome love from Yuuki.

You are ha? I am totally worried about his decision to pull through his plan thus that would mean...that perhaps he knows that after that he can't have Yuuki back (according to him) thus he does not care about himself after his mission is accomplished...yes anyway this is a thread about Yuuki and not Kaname LOL so back to the topic.

The most hularious part of this chapter is that Yuuki drinks from Zero and then she loses from Sara...yes that was rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

Really? so in what exactly purpose Zero's blood helped her? Okay apparently charisma is not trasported by blood but okay the one scene almost after the other? Mercy us Hino, rofl rofl rofl

aya-chan
    aya-chan
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Post by aya-chan Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:47 pm

juliet wrote:The most hularious part of this chapter is that Yuuki drinks from Zero and then she loses from Sara...yes that was rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

Really? so in what exactly purpose Zero's blood helped her? Okay apparently charisma is not trasported by blood but okay the one scene almost after the other? Mercy us Hino, rofl rofl rofl

Instead of inventing pills what can control others, sara should have invented "charisma pills" and gave them all to yuuki. rofl rofl rofl
    ambi9942*
    ambi9942*
    Level-E
    Level-E

Humor : always

Post by ambi9942* Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:50 pm

How do you judge Yuuki's development until now? 4021393694
    VampireCythia wrote:I mean that Yuuki should get her feelings clear for both the boys and find out what there are to her indstead of allways runinng away.
    i agree with you i dont think its right to be so back and forth between them. although i can kinda see how she could be like that what with everything thats happend i can understand how it could be confusing. confused i also wish as far as character development that yuki would have had more pureblood abilities, that way her character would become stronger like she wants to be instead of trusting that someone else will be there.
    Knightmare
    Knightmare
    Common Vampire
    Common Vampire

Humor : Satirical

Post by Knightmare Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:49 pm

"How do you judge Yuuki's development until now?"
    Erratic.

She totally flatlined and we're getting a couple little blips, but i'm hanging out for a lot more in the heroine department. too much focus on relationships, needs more plot.

In comparison to your average romance shoujo, yuuki isnt too bad, she;s different enough to be interesting. compared to the good manga heroines, yuuki fails. to be fair there aren;t alot of great ones out there.
    loveiszero
    loveiszero
    Level-E
    Level-E

Post by loveiszero Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:06 pm

Knightmare wrote:"How do you judge Yuuki's development until now?"
    In comparison to your average romance shoujo, yuuki isnt too bad, she;s different enough to be interesting. compared to the good manga heroines, yuuki fails. to be fair there aren;t alot of great ones out there.

You're right. I can only think of a few good heroines: Haruhi of Ouran, Teru of D.Daisy, Tsukushi of HYD. Darn, thats it? I can easily think of sooo many good male leads, tsk tsk, that's really something.

And yes, more plots, less romance.
    Knightmare
    Knightmare
    Common Vampire
    Common Vampire

Humor : Satirical

Post by Knightmare Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:36 pm

loveiszero wrote:
    You're right. I can only think of a few good heroines: Haruhi of Ouran, Teru of D.Daisy, Tsukushi of HYD. Darn, thats it? I can easily think of sooo many good male leads, tsk tsk, that's really something.

And yes, more plots, less romance.

Kyouko of skip beat is my favourite and Kurosaki of Oresama teacher is great. A new one I'm enjoying is Yoshioka from Aohoraido, she looks quite promising for a romance shoujo, I hated the mangaka's previous heroine and this one is a vast entertaining improvement as a very natural girl. hmm, comedies seem to do better with heroines than straight dramas. But still, a very small list!
    Akaruisama
    Akaruisama
    Pureblood Vampire
    Pureblood Vampire

Post by Akaruisama Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:33 am

I like Yuuki as she was a first shoujo character who I have seen.
    In my opinion she has been schematic until now, but there is a huge chance she will change in the future.
    Comparing to other shoujo character she is so naive, sweet and kind-hearted as the most of them. The difference is with her relationship to male characters what make this manga exceptional. I have not read a manga where relationship between characters are so complicated.
    ambi9942*
    ambi9942*
    Level-E
    Level-E

Humor : always

Post by ambi9942* Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:27 am

Honestly though, Yuki's developement isnt that bad.although i dont agree that she had to be as confused with her feelings as she was, i think that her being that way opened up alot of opertunity (sorry) for Hino to decide which way she would go. ( with Kaname or Zero ) it also gave us readers a great sence of suspention when ever a big event would happen and then would end leaving us wanting more. thats also where alot of us on this site where able to come up with different subjects that where disscused as we waited for the next chapter. her character is definatly one of a kind!Very Happy

No?
    loveiszero
    loveiszero
    Level-E
    Level-E

Post by loveiszero Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:00 am

Akaruisama wrote:I like Yuuki as she was a first shoujo character who I have seen.
    In my opinion she has been schematic until now, but there is a huge chance she will change in the future.
    Comparing to other shoujo character she is so naive, sweet and kind-hearted as the most of them. The difference is with her relationship to male characters what make this manga exceptional. I have not read a manga where relationship between characters are so complicated.

You should try Parfait Tic, not really my fav manga, but the LT in there is just wow, it really tugs at your heart. I'd say PT's heroine is way less annoying than Yuuki though. But overall, they follow the typical shoujo heroine traits. This is why it is so hard to find well developed shoujo heroines, once you found them, they're gems.
    aya-chan
    aya-chan
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Post by aya-chan Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:53 pm

juliet wrote:
    aya-chan wrote:
    sweetsolace wrote:

of course i take subscriptions rofl free for my friends rofl
    theangelgirl1992
    theangelgirl1992
    Level-E
    Level-E

Post by theangelgirl1992 Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:59 pm

Wow Yuuki is pretty disliked I see Sad Sad Sad. I would like ask how can Yuuki be a mary-sue when every flaw and/ore mistake she makes is completely hated on? I may not like some of the things that Yuuki does, but IMO it is not worse than Zero's judgmental desire to kill all purebloods ore Kaname's scheming and manipulative(though understandable) ways. Well aside the fact Hino didn't handle her character and development very well. I enjoy Yuuki quite a lot! She is a sweet, caring and though she on a thin line being selfless and selfish, an okayish character in my "aspiring writer" critical mind. I am glad she is showing some growth. I would love to see Yuuki to step out of that "gentle princess" demeanor and show us she can be a badass vampire queen. Though she is shifting more to that side she has a long way to go. And I want her to not only save Kaname, which she probably will do Very Happy, but also save humankind and be the ultimate vampire knight please!!!

So Yuuki FTW!!!

FYI: May I add that though Yuuki may not be a good heroine compared to Kyoko and Haruhi she sure as hell is far more better then the typical shoujo heroine.
    kanachanimmortal
    kanachanimmortal
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Post by kanachanimmortal Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:25 am

off topic i know this is off topic but on development thing hino never clearly develops her characters.after so much time,ruka grew a little and abandoned kaname.omg she should have done it way before because he was never gonna give her love but okay i am not complaining on ruka,she is still a developed character comparing to her aristocratic behaviour.
    it has been so much time still shiki and rima are same,takuma got nothing except being a puppet of sara or kaname and seiren,we still don't know who she really is.she only make cameo appearances.yori,why the heck she was introduced anyway. scratch aidou,poor aidou,he only suffers but gracefully.
    hino could use these characters instead of wasting so much pages.sara was killed in a shot after so much development.
    off topic

okay now on topic,i like yuuki's development now but its very late,she should have grown way before but okay.the thing that hino likes to tangle readers in lt,she writes confusing lines and this only add stupidity to story.she should be clear.though she said she belongs to kaname ultimately zero said what they felt,he is talking about both of their feelings.means he think yuuki feels or felt something for him.

hino is very evil and cruel and know nothing of how to develop character,still is an intelligent mangaka.
    nausica
    nausica
    Human

Post by nausica Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:21 am

Ah...talking about now....she looks like a man in last month's cover almost..
    mariangie
    mariangie
    Pureblood Vampire
    Pureblood Vampire

Humor : Mad Doctor

Post by mariangie Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:34 am

nausica wrote:Ah...talking about now....she looks like a man in last month's cover almost..

rofl rofl rofl

I agree ! geek

She looks almost the same as Kaname would if he was thirteen years old and dress in drag ! explosive
    nausica
    nausica
    Human

Post by nausica Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:29 am

Yeah, my comrade sFun_cheerleader2
    Katherine
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Humor : Le coeur a ses raisons que la raison ne connaît point.

Post by Katherine Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:49 pm

mariangie wrote:
    nausica wrote:Ah...talking about now....she looks like a man in last month's cover almost..

rofl rofl rofl

I agree ! geek

She looks almost the same as Kaname would if he was thirteen years old and dress in drag ! explosive

That´s exactly what I thought too rofl rofl rofl

I don´t think that this look suits her^^

maybe she should buy herself a wig --> I mean who wants to look like the different gender?

-------

And there is only one who should look like that and that is cute little Kana-chan with 13-years^^

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:10 pm