Vampire Knight & Manga Forum

In order to fully enjoy the board and it's function, you can always log in or sign up to an account. Thank you...
Vampire Knight & Manga Forum

Α forum dedicated to Hino's Matsuri best-seller manga Vampire Knight and the manga we love

Gallery

Latest topics

» The Final Countdown
Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:47 am by lililovelilica

» New VK Chapter is HERE!
Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:42 am by lililovelilica

» Links for Other Vampire Knight Forums and Sites that you like and enjoy!!
Sun Aug 21, 2016 7:25 pm by Saphira_K

» VK Memories CH 6!
Thu Aug 18, 2016 6:13 pm by Saphira_K

» VK Memories
Wed Jun 01, 2016 5:59 pm by Saphira_K

» New VK Chapter SPOILERS!
Mon Apr 18, 2016 5:47 pm by Saphira_K

» New VK Bonus Ch!!
Fri Dec 18, 2015 12:53 am by Saphira_K

» Translation of 'Fleeting Dreams'
Wed Sep 09, 2015 2:20 am by Saphira_K

» Bunko Editions
Wed Sep 09, 2015 2:18 am by Saphira_K

» New Vampire knight Extra
Wed Sep 09, 2015 2:15 am by Saphira_K

» The Musical (Original and Revive)
Sun Aug 23, 2015 2:40 am by Dreamiel

» NEW CHAPTER IN 2015?
Mon Jun 01, 2015 12:16 am by Unknown00

» Newbie in the forum...
Fri May 01, 2015 7:13 pm by aisan4494

» Who do you think Yuki loves more: Kaname or Zero?
Fri May 01, 2015 7:09 pm by aisan4494

» Zeki or Yume?
Fri May 01, 2015 7:04 pm by aisan4494

» So What will happen of Kaname?
Thu Mar 19, 2015 6:25 pm by matei alina

» Does anybody think Yuki wasted time in Chapter 93?
Tue Dec 30, 2014 6:49 am by HomieV

» Symbolism Blog on VK & New Novel!!
Wed Dec 17, 2014 6:39 pm by Kara

» Ever "missed" a Chapter?
Tue Oct 14, 2014 1:35 am by Katherine

» What kind of feeling?
Mon Oct 06, 2014 1:03 am by Saphira_K

We and the Youtube

Poll

would you like to read a sequel of vk?or is hino thinking of writing one?
59% 59% [ 24 ]
27% 27% [ 11 ]
15% 15% [ 6 ]

Total Votes : 41

Friends

Terry Candy

Could Kaname be the antagonist?

Win-chan
    Human

Humor : Humorous
    Warning Zone

Could Kaname be the antagonist?

Post by Win-chan on Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:18 am

Everyone's thinking it, I'm just saying it: Could Kaname be the story's antagonist? Here are my thoughts:

He's always been very mysterious and has done things in the shadows without anyone knowing exactly what. I've never completely trusted him. He's extremely manipulative and very vague when people ask him questions. **SPOILER!!** And with these new chapters with him disappearing and going to kill purebloods, and randomly killing Aidou's dad, I'm starting to think even more that he could be the antagonist **spoilingness is over** I don't think he will end up being the antagonist because too many people love him and would be heartbroken if he was, but if he were to be, I think it would be something along these lines:

Kaname will do ANYTHING for Yuuki if he thinks it's the best for her, even if she doesn't want him to do it, and even if it will end up hurting a ton of other people in her stead. I think that he would begin taking things to the extreme, thinking himself completely in the right. He'd say that he was doing it for Yuuki, to protect her. Or something along those lines. Then in the end, I think Zero or Yuuki will probably kill him, but I'm sure he would die a good person. He'll probably reconcile with everyone. Matsuri Hino wouldn't want him to die bad since so many people love him. She herself loves him! He is quite beautiful, after all.

I think it could have something with his first love, the hooded girl, and how she sacrificed herself for the humans. Maybe he wants his revenge on the pureblood vampires, because they were the ones who made her have to make that choice...? But in all honesty, I think he won't be the antagonist simply because Hino's making it so obvious right now that he's doing some bad things, but since we don't have the whole story we can expect in the future a justification of his actions.

Last edited by Win-chan on Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
    nina
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Humor : Black sarcasm
    Warning Zone

Re: Could Kaname be the antagonist?

Post by nina on Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:03 am

Win-chan wrote:
    This happened when she got to Kaname. Kaname has some very serious character things going on in the future, things that none of us could guess. According to my prediction, she probably would say something along the lines of, "Don't you realize Yuuki's not in danger, you silly man? Don't sacrifice other people for her! Don't be evil, either, or you'll die." Anyway, that's what I think is going to happen. According to the information from the story, this seems very likely, actually. Kaname's still very mysterious, even after he and Yuuki get together. Either their relationship will have to get cleared up, or Zero will sweep that girl off of her feet.

*Sniff* *Sniff* ... desperation? Sinking ship? scratch Razz

"... I want to fall down with you to the very farthest depths ... taint me too Kaname"

Spoiler:

*wants to sneak under these bed sheets*
    juliet
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Humor : Anytime...
    Warning Zone

Post by juliet on Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:12 pm

Win-chan wrote:

This happened when she got to Kaname. Kaname has some very serious character things going on in the future, things that none of us could guess. According to my prediction, she probably would say something along the lines of, "Don't you realize Yuuki's not in danger, you silly man? Don't sacrifice other people for her! Don't be evil, either, or you'll die." Anyway, that's what I think is going to happen.

Yes, but insteda of telling him anything from the above lines... she told him "Go for it, Kaname"...here is that part from the interview...

So instead, she said she'd just send him a non-serious message, and said "You go for it, Kaname!"

So what do you think about that?

I' ll show you a sweet dream next time
    Win-chan
    Human

Warning Zone

Post by Win-chan on Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:30 pm

I just think it was a non-serious message that didn't really have much to do with anything. *shrugs* You don't have to agree with my prediction, but I think it's a very interesting thought that would make a lot of sense. It would tie everything together, if he were actually the series antagonist. None of the other characters are large enough to fulfillthat job. Tell me yourself, who do you think the antagonist is? It's not Shizuka or Rido because they already died. It could possibly be Sara, or maybe some other pureblood or someone that hasn't been revealed yet. Actually, it's probably very likely that it's not anyone we've met yet. It's probably someone who's been working behind the shadows that we don't know about. Or it could very likely be Kaname. I don't know, I don't know. It's a thought that went through my head the other day when I was reading the manga and I couldn't stop thinking about it, so I had to share with someone.
    shizza24
    Vampire Noble Class
    Vampire Noble Class

Warning Zone

Post by shizza24 on Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:18 pm

I wouldn't deny the fact that there is a possibility of kaname's being the main antagonist. In fact, it may very well be likely that what he is planning is indeed very twisted and evil and in the end he is the main bad guy in the story. But I also highly doubt that Hino will turn Kaname into a bad or hate worthy character. I still think she will justify his actions somehow and turn him out as a good character.

However there also is a possibility that Kaname, because of his over protectiveness regarding Yuuki, crosses the line (for example seriously harming Kaien who is Yuuki's adoptive dad) and turns evil and then Yuuki and Zero fight against him and eventually make him see the wrong in his actions and then he makes up for his mistakes or something.

On the other hand maybe what Kaname is doing really is for the greater good and in the end everyone, failing to see how his murdering PBs is helping anything, leaves him and Yuuki is the only one who remains on his side and then it turns out that Kaname is indeed a good guy and then Yuuki is all "I knew it etc etc" (I really hope that doesn't happen cuz it will be a very predictable way to end it)

There is definitely a chance of Kaname's being the antagonist but I think he will still be seen as someone who did good in the end.

Maybe Hino has yet another awesome surprise or twist up her sleeve for the ending? I for one am expecting her to end VK with a blast and making the ending one nobody will ever forget. I really hope she ends it in an awesome way and doesn't turn it into a let down like numerous other anime and mangas...
    juliet
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Warning Zone

Post by juliet on Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:13 pm

Win-chan wrote:I just think it was a non-serious message that didn't really have much to do with anything. *shrugs* You don't have to agree with my prediction, but I think it's a very interesting thought that would make a lot of sense. It would tie everything together, if he were actually the series antagonist. None of the other characters are large enough to fulfill that job. Tell me yourself, who do you think the antagonist is? It's not Shizuka or Rido because they already died. It could possibly be Sara, or maybe some other pureblood or someone that hasn't been revealed yet. Actually, it's probably very likely that it's not anyone we've met yet. It's probably someone who's been working behind the shadows that we don't know about. Or it could very likely be Kaname. I don't know, I don't know. It's a thought that went through my head the other day when I was reading the manga and I couldn't stop thinking about it, so I had to share with someone.

Non-serious does not mean totally contradictory with all the plot* unless Hino applauses murders without reasoning and encourages her character to act badly towards all directions. Meanwhile she just did not give away any spoilers, so her comment was made in a light tone, unless she lies. Anyway, apparently Hino wants to encourage Kaname to go on with his plans; she did give an answer there, that you forgot to provide at your comment, so I added it up to have the complete picture. Anyone can reach his/her own conclusions. It's okay we do not have to agree, I agree also with that.

I do not know about the antagonist, Sara seems too small in comparison with Kaname, but again in the first arc we had Shizuka (and we thought she was the one), Rido's threat came towards the end actually while Kaname was preparing his chess board from the beggining. And Hino seems to be skilled with this approach, so I think that there will be a later threat coming from the past, perhaps that connects the dots and perhaps justifies the killings of the purebloods. But right now that's all up to imagination, I guess.

Win-chan
    Human

Warning Zone

Post by Win-chan on Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:12 am

Yeah. As I was thinking about it, I've come more and more to the conclusion(much to my dismay because I think it would be so awesome if Kaname was the bad guy!) that Kaname isn't even a bad guy after all and he's just doing all these crazy things for the greater good, like shizza24 said. Looking at it from a story perspective, that would be very interesting and quite likely. Because it's just so obvious right now that what he's doing isn't good, and from our perspective we're just confused. But until we know the whole entire story, we can't make conclusions, and I think that's what the whole point of this is about. What Kaname's doing will get revealed and we'll be like, "He wasn't bad after all!" Kinda like the part in FMA when Mustang pretends to kill Ross and everyone's like, "WHAT IS HE DOING?!" and it turns out he was good all the time and he didn't even kill her. Not that I'm saying Kaname didn't kill Aidou's dad, but something like that is a possibility

I also had the thought that maybe what Kaname's doing has to do with getting revenge on the vampires. If you recall, in the chapters revealing his past, his first lover sacrificed herself to give humans the ability to kill vampires so that their race could be saved. What if he's trying to get his revenge on the vampires for doing that to his first love, and maybe preventing the same sort of thing happening for Yuuki? You know, that would make a lot of sense. He's already lost one love and he doesn't want to lose another, and Yuuki would very easily sacrifice herself. I don't know. Maybe it's a little far-fetched. We'll never know until the actual story comes out, and by when I read it I'll probably be like, "Oh my goodness, I feel embarrassed for having thought that. It's so far from the truth!" But it's fun to guess. Razz
    Conrad Weller
    Common Vampire
    Common Vampire

Warning Zone

Post by Conrad Weller on Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:02 pm

I do not know about the antagonist, Sara seems too small in comparison with Kaname, but again in the first arc we had Shizuka (and we thought she was the one), Rido's threat came towards the end actually while Kaname was preparing his chess board from the beggining. And Hino seems to be skilled with this approach, so I think that there will be a later threat coming from the past, perhaps that connects the dots and perhaps justifies the killings of the purebloods. But right now that's all up to imagination, I guess.

thats interesting theory juliet that there might be a bigger threat coming.
    as for the question no kaname is not the antagonist. not at all. if someone was really antagonist in my way it is sara, asato, previous hunter president,rido.

kaname himself says that to one of the purebloods in ch 71 "i cant leave you all as you are any longer." or something like that. he isnt going killing for no reason.he knows something very important. he has a very solid reason for his actions. he is a very good person. he shouldn't be called an antagonist.

Win-chan
    Human

Warning Zone

Post by Win-chan on Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:32 am

*Whistles* Wow, this sure seems to be quite the controversial topic! Let's just pretend I didn't say anything and all be friends. We'll see how it plays out in the manga. I'm quite excited for the newest chapters. Very Happy
    tssf
    Level-E
    Level-E

Warning Zone

Post by tssf on Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:12 pm

Well... While I can't deny there is the possibility that Kaname could turn out to be the antagonist, I don't believe it at all.
    Actually, I'm afraid, because this is the one thing that I really don't want to happen. He is my favorite character and it would break my heart if anything happened to him of all people. but I really don't think he is the bad guy, since he's just overdoing it. He does make things interesting and there has to be something that involves him and where he does things that he shouldn't have done. If he would really be the good guy that is standing there and doing only what is needed all the time, it would end up pretty bad in my opinion. I've been thinking about the possibility of him being the antagonist so often that it's starting to drive me insane.
    I really think Kaname is just doing what - in his opinion - has to be done.
    And when you think about it, if he really was the antagonist, wouldn't THAT be too obvious for Hino too? I know it might sound strange, but there are many people who think he is the antagonist already and many are thinking about the possibility, so I think it would be a real disappointment. I don't need the ending about Yuuki and Kaname together and how she knew he was good - I don't even want that kind of ending, but what would be the worst is something like Kaname turning out to be bad. This is one of the two most expected endings in my opinion. It's either he's good or bad, the two extremes and I think there should be something in the middle. There just has to be something else so that things are less obvious.
    Win-chan
    Human

Warning Zone

Post by Win-chan on Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:15 pm

What you were saying about it being too obvious that he's the antagonist is what made me think that Kaname isn't going to be the antagonist after all. And if he is the 'bad guy' then he wouldn't be completely bad. He would be doing what he thinks is right, and in the end he would be a good person. Or vampire, I suppose.
    KuranPrince
    Vampire Noble Class
    Vampire Noble Class

Warning Zone

Post by KuranPrince on Sat Aug 20, 2011 8:19 pm

And if Kaname was ever an antagonist, he wouldn't give a damn about the entire human race and make them suffer. Pointless as it may sounds IMO, but I don't see him as an antagonist... but rather protect the humans from becoming baits for vampires (Sara's work).

I only see Kaname as a peacemaker, not an antagonist.

Last edited by KuranPrince on Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:47 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Typo error)
    Bloodredhead
    Pureblood Vampire
    Pureblood Vampire

Warning Zone

Post by Bloodredhead on Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:02 pm

Well personally I don’t see Kaname as the antagonist. To me he’s more like a fallen angel. He was an angel , but then his hands got tainted, so he fell. He does things that people may not agree with but his goal is good. As a fallen angel he still has the chance to be an angel again, and to me Yuuki is the key to this. Also angels are protectors, and Kaname is someone who protects those closest to him as well as innocent people.

Win-chan wrote:I **SPOILER!!** And with these new chapters with him disappearing and going to kill all the purebloods, I'm starting to think even more that he's the antagonist. **spoilingness is over**

He isnt killing all pureblood, he's killing the heads of pureblood families. If he was killing all purebloods he would have killed the others in slumber at hanadagi's castle. Evidence for this is below.

Here the guard who is guarding the hanadagi castle says. “Yet more vermin trying to awaken my lords from their slumber.” The words ‘lords’ and ‘their’ are not singular, they are plural so there is more than one pureblood asleep in the castle.
    http://www.mangareader.net/104-19604...hapter-52.html

Then again the guard says. “This castle is a place for my lord and his family have chosen to sleep for five hundred years.” So hanadagi’s family were also slumbering in the castle.
    http://www.mangareader.net/104-19604...hapter-52.html

Then when sara is talking with Kaien he says this, “The head of the shizuka house, the lords hibernation temple has been destroyed.” He and sara only talk about the head being killed no other family members.
    http://www.mangareader.net/vampire-knight/72/18

So Kaname must be only killing the family heads because why not kill the others when he was there? Doesn’t make sense unless it was the heads he was only after. Hope that explains that point.

Win-chan wrote: Tell me yourself, who do you think the antagonist is? It's not Shizuka or Rido because they already died. It could possibly be Sara, or maybe some other pureblood or someone that hasn't been revealed yet. Actually, it's probably very likely that it's not anyone we've met yet. It's probably someone who's been working behind the shadows that we don't know about.

There are other possibilities of who the main antagonist could be. Isaya and touma's sister are possibles, or we could have another pureblood who will be revealed, though i think it must be someone we have already been introduced too or know about.

Conrad Weller wrote:
    kaname himself says that to one of the purebloods in ch 71 "i cant leave you all as you are any longer." or something like that. he isnt going killing for no reason.he knows something very important. he has a very solid reason for his actions. he is a very good person. he shouldn't be called an antagonist.

I agree conrad he's a good person and i think he knows alot more than any of us about stuff going on. I have faith in him.

KuranPrince wrote:And if Kaname was ever an antagonist, he wouldn't give a damn about the entire human race and make them suffer. Pointless as it may sounds IMO, but I don't see him as an antagonist... but rather protect the humans from becoming baits for vampires (Sara's work).

I only see Kaname as a peacemaker, not an antagonist.

Exatly. Kaname wouldnt for one, have ordered Ruka to lead the humans away, when he was outside Isaya's house if he was an antagonist. He also wouldnt support coexistence or have helped develop the blood tablets either.
    sweetsolace
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Humor : look in the mirror, you'll love it~ ;)
    Warning Zone

Post by sweetsolace on Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:16 pm

oh another hilarity. rofl

I was reading along and was thinking along these lines, "Gosh, being good or bad MATTERS after everything that happened in vampire knight?"

Zero, who probably became a hunter in order to express his desire to kill, instead of actually helping anyone, now agreed with Kaname's methods on killing purebloods. Tell me that also qualifies as being an ANTAGONIST, rofl oh yes, kill all purebloods and you're an antagonist . rendeer now we have two, oh come now be fair for kaname he isn't the only one who has this "bad intent" rofl

now, why no one wanted Sara to be the antagonist? She is too weak? Probably because she hasn't been caught yet or she never dirtied her hands. Razz yes this makes her "weak" Razz oh no, no, she has never been blatantly eviil like Kaname. but certainly hating kaname is better than hating her I suppose, his actions are more obvious. LOL but its a crime, no doubt, keeping one's intentions and plans hidden from the readers eyes, "what's unseen is dangarous."

ok. back on topic. What I want to say, is killing purebloods is not enough to label one as antagonist, even if that one is Kaname. One reason is he had never revealed his intentions for doing so, at least not downright. His reasons could justify the killing, and in a world where killing is common to achieve something, it probably means something. Though it could mean otherwise for Kaname, the possiblity does exist and quite likely, the past tells he does something for the good of others.

What makes Rido an antagonist, he was doing the bad things for himself and his benefit.
    What makes Sara an antagonist, she wanted to become queen, a selfish desire.
    Their intentions were revealed, but Kaname's wasnt.

you may argue, "he has his reasons, and he thinks they're for the best but killing is still bad" but don't forget the others who also DOES unreasonable things, people who DO have the irrational desire to kill. "Killing is bad" still applies.
    And yes, it remains that Kaname still has not revealed his intentions, which were intentionally vague and intentionally self-persecuting.

there's a reason why he only aims for pureblood head of family. the reason is free for anyone's guess, although anyone who wants a bad one can find it Razz its all there.
    rayatta
    Human

Humor : The funny/laughable sort ^^
    Warning Zone

Post by rayatta on Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:06 am

I don't really think that Kaname's given us a definite reason to see him as the antagonist. Sure! He killed Aidou's father and poofed out of the picture, but isn't that JUST THE WAY he does things? POOF!

It looks to me like his actions are more toward a moving giant he has planned underneath all the mystery and skepticism that's on him right now. He's plotting something bigger, but his purposes and motives in the past give us no real reason to suggest him as THE antagonist. I think Kaname is allowing the burden of Sara's wrongdoing to be put onto his shoulders, but the reason why has yet to be revealed.

Anyhoo, I'll ALWAYS adore Kaname so even if he ever was the antagonist, I'd support his villian-ism 100% rofl rofl
    juliet
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Warning Zone

Post by juliet on Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:40 am

sweetsolace wrote:
    Zero, who probably became a hunter in order to express his desire to kill, instead of actually helping anyone, now agreed with Kaname's methods on killing purebloods. Tell me that also qualifies as being an ANTAGONIST, rofl oh yes, kill all purebloods and you're an antagonist . rendeer now we have two, oh come now be fair for kaname he isn't the only one who has this "bad intent" rofl

I agree, and that brings the two into the same boat, funny it is but in reality Kaname serves Zero's intentions. But I do not recall anyone calling Zero the future antagonist when he had stated that he wished to kill all purebloods (out of selfish reasons of course) and I do not remember anyone calling him a potential killer or anything of that sort just due to suspicion that he might do it. Apparently hiding behind a legal excuse to kill all purebloods, gives him a halo? No, that's not it. And neither Kaname can be judged based on that neither deserves so. Good point there.

About Sara, I guess its just that nobody seems to believe that she can be enough of a threat to Kaname, so I think that a true antagonist would be an equivalent to kaname's ancient powers? Of course we miss him right now. Haha..

rayatta wrote:

It looks to me like his actions are more toward a moving giant he has planned underneath all the mystery and skepticism that's on him right now. He's plotting something bigger, but his purposes and motives in the past give us no real reason to suggest him as THE antagonist. I think Kaname is allowing the burden of Sara's wrongdoing to be put onto his shoulders, but the reason why has yet to be revealed.

Anyhoo, I'll ALWAYS adore Kaname so even if he ever was the antagonist, I'd support his villian-ism 100% rofl rofl

I am with you, not to mention that when Kaname goes bad Twisted Evil he is even better (in style)...I do not believe that he will be the villain but when he acts like that, fair enough to be even misunderstood, its just HOT.

Anneliezz
    Pureblood Vampire
    Pureblood Vampire

Humor : 1.Being a pure(blood) pervert. 2. Installing the day-class-spy-cameras in zero's room 3.WCZF-club!!
    Warning Zone

Post by Anneliezz on Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:12 pm

I think it's possible
    Sara is deffo a villain now, but kaname might be also an antagonist, only not evil? if that makes any sense?

I mean shizuka seemed like really evil in the beginning, but after she died, it ended up being rido who manipulated things al along. Shizuka was an antagonist, surely, but was she really evil?

Ofcourse you can't compare kaname and shizuka, but if he ends up doing wrong things (like killing isaya, then i would be pissed) for the right reasons, then other characters might nbot have an other choice as to see kaname as a villain. Then it just depends on how much Hino shows those points of view
    rayatta
    Human

Humor : The funny/laughable sort ^^
    Warning Zone

Post by rayatta on Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:25 am

sweetsolace wrote:oh another hilarity. rofl

I was reading along and was thinking along these lines, "Gosh, being good or bad MATTERS after everything that happened in vampire knight?"

now, why no one wanted Sara to be the antagonist? She is too weak? Probably because she hasn't been caught yet or she never dirtied her hands. Razz yes this makes her "weak" Razz oh no, no, she has never been blatantly eviil like Kaname. but certainly hating kaname is better than hating her I suppose, his actions are more obvious. LOL but its a crime, no doubt, keeping one's intentions and plans hidden from the readers eyes, "what's unseen is dangarous."

ok. back on topic. What I want to say, is killing purebloods is not enough to label one as antagonist, even if that one is Kaname. One reason is he had never revealed his intentions for doing so, at least not downright. His reasons could justify the killing, and in a world where killing is common to achieve something, it probably means something. Though it could mean otherwise for Kaname, the possiblity does exist and quite likely, the past tells he does something for the good of others.

What makes Rido an antagonist, he was doing the bad things for himself and his benefit.

you may argue, "he has his reasons, and he thinks they're for the best but killing is still bad" but don't forget the others who also DOES unreasonable things, people who DO have the irrational desire to kill. "Killing is bad" still applies.
    And yes, it remains that Kaname still has not revealed his intentions, which were intentionally vague and intentionally self-persecuting.

there's a reason why he only aims for pureblood head of family. the reason is free for anyone's guess, although anyone who wants a bad one can find it Razz its all there.

I love you. Point blank. HAHA!! I agree completely- when was "good" or "bad" really ever established in VK? All the characters, ALL OF THEM, have done things they're not proud of for a greater purpose, but that doesn't make them right by our moral standards. I think it makes them more believeable which is something to be admired in the author for her being able to make them so relatable in that respect. The hunters have that savage desire too and a lot of people seem to be forgetting that rofl

Thank you! sLo_BigBearHug

YukikaChan
    Human

Warning Zone

Post by YukikaChan on Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:33 am

Hmmm... I'm also wondering myself what Matsuri's objective is with Kaname. In the last updated chapter, It seemed that being with Yuki was no longer his main motive. He said he was glad that Yuki found her own way around and that they are protecting her from him.

I think that perhaps Kaname will try to do something that has to do with his dark and cold past, avenging something or doing something, that will end up in him needing to die or something of that nature(whether it be suicide, execution, ect.) And he will pass on his love with Yuki onto Zero. I think that maybe Kaname may even let Zero 'drink the rest of his life' the way Zero 'ate' Ichiro, that way Yuki will always be with Kaname AND Zero, if that makes sense.
    sweetsolace
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Warning Zone

Post by sweetsolace on Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:26 am

rayatta wrote:
    sweetsolace wrote:oh another hilarity. rofl

I love you. Point blank. HAHA!! I agree completely- when was "good" or "bad" really ever established in VK? All the characters, ALL OF THEM, have done things they're not proud of for a greater purpose, but that doesn't make them right by our moral standards. I think it makes them more believeable which is something to be admired in the author for her being able to make them so relatable in that respect. The hunters have that savage desire too and a lot of people seem to be forgetting that rofl

Thank you! sLo_BigBearHug

welcome! sLo_BigBearHug

I agree the characters are relatable, what I love about VK is its not dictated by that cliched and overused "Good VS Evil", rather by beliefs and the law around them. so anyone can be bad or good depending on how you look at it.

@topic

the way its turning out...

the delayed explanation to his motives, the intentional censoring of necessary information, the intentional portraying of vague events, and then putting Zero and Yuki side by side as though they are two love birds waiting to be plucked while Kaname is off the screen saying he considers Yuki as a distraction to complete the picture...

maybe its just me, but the scenario there looks very conducive promoter for jumping to conclusions Razz

though I am worried about Kaname. He might turn out to be the hero. or something else nobody expected, (like he gets Yuki, lives on, and have many vampire babies. xDDD while Zero becomes a hermit, or dies) I am just SURE of it
    juliet
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Warning Zone

Post by juliet on Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:34 pm

the delayed explanation to his motives, the intentional censoring of necessary information, the intentional portraying of vague events, and then putting Zero and Yuki side by side as though they are two love birds waiting to be plucked while Kaname is off the screen saying he considers Yuki as a distraction to complete the picture...

fact is that the way, Hino presents him and as you described, it is like Kaname is the antagonist, even though we all suspect that this is a diversion, since that does not stick with his nature, his role, neither his background. Far more the fact that Kaname protects people while he seems to focus especially on some targets (pureblood heads) and his intentions are not even evil (he actually left his power and his position and has been declared a bersek)...quite contradictory facts there...

sweetsolace
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Warning Zone

Post by sweetsolace on Fri Sep 02, 2011 3:21 pm

juliet wrote:

fact is that the way, Hino presents him and as you described, it is like Kaname is the antagonist, even though we all suspect that this is a diversion, since that does not stick with his nature, his role, neither his background. Far more the fact that Kaname protects people while he seems to focus especially on some targets (pureblood heads) and his intentions are not even evil (he actually left his power and his position and has been declared a bersek)...quite contradictory facts there...

exactly. It doesn't fit. But ofc for anyone who doesn't mind this things its easy to see that it HAS to fit. anyway. Razz

there is a hole out there thats intentionally been left wide open for interpretation, a hole the writer has yet to fill in, but obviously something will have to fit there and that changes things depending on the outcome.

Questions pop out..
    What made Kaname push through with his decision? Why deliberately leave Yuki? Or did he leave her knowing she'll be helpless?
    Why is Kaien acting like a stranger towards the Kurans, even accusing Yuki and putting her on the stand as well as pointing swords towards Kaname as if he never knew him in the past other than the man who threatens to take Yuki away, which doesnt make sense one bit? What's his role? Whats up with the delay or the unnecessary trolling/witholding info? (if its a twist it better be good thats all im asking for Razz Razz)
    Zero seems to know something, why the sudden change in his mind suddenly offering Yuki his blood so freely? And trust me this sudden changes must mean something...
    What's the key for and why still no mention about it until now? Is it lost? :/

so many questions until now hasn't been answered yet, maybe we need to buy more volumes or wait 10 more chapters before the truth gets out all at once rofl rofl
    juliet
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Warning Zone

Post by juliet on Fri Sep 02, 2011 3:36 pm

What made Kaname push through with his decision? Why deliberately leave Yuki? Or did he leave her knowing she'll be helpless?

I have concluded in this theory; he deliberately kills Aido-dono there, taking advantage of kaien's and Yuuki's entrance in order to safely leave Yuuki with kaien, because he knows Kaien's obsession with the "call me daddy" thing. Yuuki sensed Kaname's whereabouts, Kaname knew also they were coming in and used that moment to deliberately create a theatrical act that would "frame" Yuuki, at least for a little time, so he would have the time to make a quick escape without being followed.

That does not mean that he killed Aido-dono for that reason, but he took advantage of the timing to make it infront of them so he would earn time before Yuuki would follow him.

Why is Kaien acting like a stranger towards the Kurans, even accusing Yuki and putting her on the stand as well as pointing swords towards Kaname as if he never knew him in the past other than the man who threatens to take Yuki away, which doesnt make sense one bit? What's his role? Whats up with the delay or the unnecessary trolling/witholding info? (if its a twist it better be good thats all im asking for Razz Razz)

He is playing his own game here, that's my estimation. He wants to fulfill his own fantasy and ideal about co-existence and he needs two pillars; one is Yuuki, the other is Zero. Apparently he sees Kaname as a threat that could take Yuuki away from his own plans and refuses to give in to her wishes and let her follow him (even though he knows that if Kaname would stop for someone, that someone would be Yuuki). In overall, I think he is also putting up his little game there and he is using Zero to monitor Yuuki. Perhaps he is also taking advantages of certain conditions such as Sara's wish to enter the academy, knowing that the more Yuuki gets into the game, the more difficult it will be for her to get out. Cant explain it otherwise.

sweetsolace
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Warning Zone

Post by sweetsolace on Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:02 pm

juliet wrote:

I have concluded in this theory; he deliberately kills Aido-dono there, taking advantage of kaien's and Yuuki's entrance in order to safely leave Yuuki with kaien, because he knows Kaien's obsession with the "call me daddy" thing. Yuuki sensed Kaname's whereabouts, Kaname knew also they were coming in and used that moment to deliberately create a theatrical act that would "frame" Yuuki, at least for a little time, so he would have the time to make a quick escape without being followed.

That does not mean that he killed Aido-dono for that reason, but he took advantage of the timing to make it infront of them so he would earn time before Yuuki would follow him.

If that was Kaname's purpose to kill aido-dono to serve as the shroud that would cover him as evil to the world, why aido-dono? so he does all that so Yuki would be forcibly taken under Kaien's care? if thats the case Kaname efficiently exploited Kaien's fatherly clingy tendencies, and used Aido-dono as sacrifice.

He is playing his own game here, that's my estimation. He wants to fulfill his own fantasy and ideal about co-existence and he needs two pillars; one is Yuuki, the other is Zero. Apparently he sees Kaname as a threat that could take Yuuki away from his own plans and refuses to give in to her wishes and let her follow him (even though he knows that if Kaname would stop for someone, that someone would be Yuuki). In overall, I think he is also putting up his little game there and he is using Zero to monitor Yuuki. Perhaps he is also taking advantages of certain conditions such as Sara's wish to enter the academy, knowing that the more Yuuki gets into the game, the more difficult it will be for her to get out. Cant explain it otherwise.

bounce certainly gives something to think about. Razz perhaps he is using this events to his advantage and get ahead with his own idea of coexistence, another point that can be added here is that now Kaname has given him reason to tie down Yuki for himself with a reason that fits both of his fatherly tendencies and his desire for peace, Yuki would be that tool. Its a kind of parole while in jail, just this time the reason is unjustified.

perhaps not so, but certainly the anonymity and this obscurity to everyone's actions is endlessly frustrating
    juliet
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Warning Zone

Post by juliet on Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:09 pm

[quote="sweetsolace"][quote="juliet"]

If that was Kaname's purpose to kill aido-dono to serve as the shroud that would cover him as evil to the world, why aido-dono? so he does all that so Yuki would be forcibly taken under Kaien's care? if thats the case Kaname efficiently exploited Kaien's fatherly clingy tendencies, and used Aido-dono as sacrifice.

[quote]

No, that's what I said...see the quote above. I think that he had his own let's say reasons to kill Aido-dono, he then senses Yuuki and Kaien coming; there are two options either to do it without being seen or been witnessed. He chooses the second taking advantage of their presence to stop Yuuki from following him, because he knew Kaien's tendencies, and that's about it. He intends to leave Yuuki with kaien, at that specific scene and so he chooses that they shall witness the murder (which he could also had perfomed at another time -either right away or afterwards moving in the dark - but he seems to want them to see it, and so he awaits for them to arrive and perform the act).

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:16 am