Vampire Knight & Manga Forum

In order to fully enjoy the board and it's function, you can always log in or sign up to an account. Thank you...
Vampire Knight & Manga Forum

Α forum dedicated to Hino's Matsuri best-seller manga Vampire Knight and the manga we love

Gallery


Latest topics

» Links for Other Vampire Knight Forums and Sites that you like and enjoy!!
Sun Aug 21, 2016 7:25 pm by Saphira_Kuran

» VK Memories CH 6!
Thu Aug 18, 2016 6:13 pm by Saphira_Kuran

» New VK Chapter is HERE!
Sun Jun 19, 2016 8:08 pm by Saphira_Kuran

» VK Memories
Wed Jun 01, 2016 5:59 pm by Saphira_Kuran

» The Final Countdown
Wed Jun 01, 2016 2:52 am by Saphira_Kuran

» New VK Chapter SPOILERS!
Mon Apr 18, 2016 5:47 pm by Saphira_Kuran

» New VK Bonus Ch!!
Fri Dec 18, 2015 12:53 am by Saphira_Kuran

» Translation of 'Fleeting Dreams'
Wed Sep 09, 2015 2:20 am by Saphira_Kuran

» Bunko Editions
Wed Sep 09, 2015 2:18 am by Saphira_Kuran

» New Vampire knight Extra
Wed Sep 09, 2015 2:15 am by Saphira_Kuran

» The Musical (Original and Revive)
Sun Aug 23, 2015 2:40 am by Dreamiel

» NEW CHAPTER IN 2015?
Mon Jun 01, 2015 12:16 am by Unknown00

» Newbie in the forum...
Fri May 01, 2015 7:13 pm by aisan4494

» Who do you think Yuki loves more: Kaname or Zero?
Fri May 01, 2015 7:09 pm by aisan4494

» Zeki or Yume?
Fri May 01, 2015 7:04 pm by aisan4494

» So What will happen of Kaname?
Thu Mar 19, 2015 6:25 pm by matei alina

» Does anybody think Yuki wasted time in Chapter 93?
Tue Dec 30, 2014 6:49 am by HomieV

» Symbolism Blog on VK & New Novel!!
Wed Dec 17, 2014 6:39 pm by Kara

» Ever "missed" a Chapter?
Tue Oct 14, 2014 1:35 am by Katherine

» What kind of feeling?
Mon Oct 06, 2014 1:03 am by Saphira_Kuran

We and the Youtube

Poll

would you like to read a sequel of vk?or is hino thinking of writing one?
59% 59% [ 24 ]
27% 27% [ 11 ]
15% 15% [ 6 ]

Total Votes : 41

Friends


Terry Candy


    Do you think ZEKI is over?

    Share
    avatar
    sweetsolace
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

    Posts : 1047
    Join date : 2011-02-24
    Humor : look in the mirror, you'll love it~ ;)
    Warning Zone

    Do you think ZEKI is over?

    Post by sweetsolace on Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:52 pm

    First topic message reminder :

    Do you think ZEKI is over?

    Pretty much it drags a lot in terms of resolving whatever Yuki feels for Zero, and in this chapter 74 both of them admitted -indirectly- having moved on from their past
    Zero: There's nothing you would see in my blood, I have let go of my attachments to you and only every now and then it visits me ---means his feelings for her are either not that strong, he's lying but I doubt it since the blood does not lie after all, or he has simply moved on from her.
    Yuki: I never intended to take your blood, I only did because I've been restraining my hunger for so long and I have no choice ---means she's not interested in him romantically.

    In my opinion, when a pairing drags this much, its either the author is milking the LT benefits that ZEKI reaps from its loyal fans, or there's no romance to expect from ZEKI because in the first place there's none.

    What are your thoughts?

    nina
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

    Posts : 2813
    Join date : 2010-05-17

    Re: Do you think ZEKI is over?

    Post by nina on Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:39 pm

    2rsa wrote:I'm so sorry for bumping an old topic but I just had to say this.With only 2 chapters left,It's kinda ironic how Yuuki and Zero are still in the friend zone.They ran out of time. :don't speak:
    *Hides under the bed*

    I just couldn’t resist… I had to comment about this avatar of yours!!!!!
    It is your fanart 2rsa; isn’t it? I can’t be wrong … I saw it at DA and confiscated it pronto for my Kaname files ho ho ho!
    Congrats! I’m looking forward for MORE!!! *squeals*

    Sorry … end of the off topic lol


    juliet wrote:With Hino on board, i doubt that i could trust her as a yume fan even to this; let me say it otherwise, if Kaname gets killed, then she could make a possible open end zeki. How does that sound?


    Terrible! I know what you mean but in my books this ain’t considered as Zeki… open or whateva …
    Anyway for me if Kaname dies … I couldn’t care less for anything else *shrugs*

    avatar
    Saphira_Kuran
    Common Vampire
    Common Vampire

    Posts : 236
    Join date : 2012-03-10
    Location : wherever Kaname is! lalala
    Humor : U Bet :P
    Warning Zone

    Re: Do you think ZEKI is over?

    Post by Saphira_Kuran on Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:43 am

    nina wrote:
    2rsa wrote:I'm so sorry for bumping an old topic but I just had to say this.With only 2 chapters left,It's kinda ironic how Yuuki and Zero are still in the friend zone.They ran out of time. :don't speak:
    *Hides under the bed*

    I just couldn’t resist… I had to comment about this avatar of yours!!!!!
    It is your fanart 2rsa; isn’t it? I can’t be wrong … I saw it at DA and confiscated it pronto for my Kaname files ho ho ho!
    Congrats! I’m looking forward for MORE!!! *squeals*

    Sorry … end of the off topic lol

    that is lovely DA art! and....I love that pic ...I just want to cuddle and take 10 million+ pics of him drawling ...such a picture perfect guy!


    juliet wrote:With Hino on board, i doubt that i could trust her as a yume fan even to this; let me say it otherwise, if Kaname gets killed, then she could make a possible open end zeki. How does that sound?


    nina wrote:
    Terrible! I know what you mean but in my books this ain’t considered as Zeki… open or whateva …
    Anyway for me if Kaname dies … I couldn’t care less for anything else *shrugs*

    yup have to agree 100% with you nina...i do get the point but what is the point in ZeKi now, except to just pick up the broken pieces? I would wonder if Hino is on the wrong kind of high lol sure she may possibly not be a yume fan, but honestly if she wants to totally completely finish screwing up the story, that's the correct red button. just let Yuuki die in that case please! I least I can content myself in thinking they are still with each other...

    avatar
    2rsa
    Level-E
    Level-E

    Posts : 109
    Join date : 2012-09-24
    Location : Cross Academy
    Warning Zone

    Re: Do you think ZEKI is over?

    Post by 2rsa on Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:51 am

    nina wrote:
    I just couldn’t resist… I had to comment about this avatar of yours!!!!!
    It is your fanart 2rsa; isn’t it? I can’t be wrong … I saw it at DA and confiscated it pronto for my Kaname files ho ho ho!
    Congrats! I’m looking forward for MORE!!! *squeals*

    Sorry … end of the off topic lol

    Terrible! I know what you mean but in my books this ain’t considered as Zeki… open or whateva …
    Anyway for me if Kaname dies … I couldn’t care less for anything else *shrugs*


    Thanks Nina-san.It's just a manga coloring.I'm glad you liked it.^-^
    I completely agree with you.That wouldn't be a real Zeki ending.
    With Hino on board, i doubt that i could trust her as a yume fan even to this; let me say it otherwise, if Kaname gets killed, then she could make a possible open end zeki. How does that sound?
    Hino has been trying to put Kanames name in the death note for far too long.She may be trolling us.XD
    But seriously.Kaname is also hoping that Zero would take care of Yuuki after his death.I think or better said,I hope Hino has other plans.Hino always makes us guess something then she surprises us the next moment.Am I being too optimistic? pale


    Saphira_Kuran wrote:
    that is lovely DA art! and....I love that pic ...I just want to cuddle and take 10 million+ pics of him drawling ...such a picture perfect guy!
    Tank you Saphira-san.You're right Kaname is so picture perfect. wub
    avatar
    mariangie
    Pureblood Vampire
    Pureblood Vampire

    Posts : 597
    Join date : 2011-01-28
    Location : In my lab
    Humor : Mad Doctor
    Warning Zone

    Re: Do you think ZEKI is over?

    Post by mariangie on Sat Apr 06, 2013 6:41 pm

    September 17 , 2011

    From Caela :

    @soulkeeper: Virginity is important. . . to ending the love triangle because it should be important to Yuuki. She is an idealistic character so once she has sex with someone, she will be ending the love triangle.

    Rereading some earlier posts from this thread . I found this interesting bit of information .

    This one is from a post of a well known Zeki . Predicting " Zeki is over " the moment Yuuki had sex with Kaname .

    It's strange to see how most Zekis differ from this statement when the actual sex scene happened .

    If the sex scene was Zeki , they would agree with Caela's past statement .

    Could this be the reason many Zekis try to continue denying the Yume sex scene happened 3 chapters later ?

    **************************

    I said in the past that the main indicator for a Yume or Zeki end is if Kaname lives or dies . Because the only way for a Zeki end to happen is if Kaname dies .

    Even so , the probability of a "Zeki by default " end is very low . Why ???

    Because Hino likes to do many things to mislead us into what will happen next . Two obvious things are :

    1- Hiding clues in strange places ( as apparently filler scenes or drawings ) .

    2- Giving some statement a very high importance as the next event to be and later do the opposite .

    Kaname's sacrifice to become the new furnace appears to be the second type .

    It happened before with the story saying Yuuki will become human again . And ended with Yuuki choosing to continue to be a vampire .

    As Yuuki chosen to continue to be vampire . What is one implication of this statement ?

    If Kaname dies , Yuuki will spend the rest of her eternity alone . No matter if she chooses Zero and be with him until his death .

    Also there is the former intention of Yuuki to not allow Kaname to spend the rest of his existance inside a metal furnace carrying only more loneliness and hate in his heart / spirit .

    So what I really expect is Yuuki to save Kaname from dying . If Kaname lives , the end is Yume .

    But I did expect Kaname to say Yuuki to go to Zero because he doesn't deserve her a last time . With Yuuki returning to Kaname's side a bit later as her final choice of mate .






    avatar
    nina
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

    Posts : 2813
    Join date : 2010-05-17
    Location : My world lalala Kanameland <3
    Humor : Black sarcasm
    Warning Zone

    Re: Do you think ZEKI is over?

    Post by nina on Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:54 pm

    mariangie wrote:
    September 17 , 2011

    From Caela :

    @soulkeeper: Virginity is important. . . to ending the love triangle because it should be important to Yuuki. She is an idealistic character so once she has sex with someone, she will be ending the love triangle.

    Rereading some earlier posts from this thread . I found this interesting bit of information .

    This one is from a post of a well known Zeki . Predicting " Zeki is over " the moment Yuuki had sex with Kaname .

    It's strange to see how most Zekis differ from this statement when the actual sex scene happened .

    If the sex scene was Zeki , they would agree with Caela's past statement .

    Could this be the reason many Zekis try to continue denying the Yume sex scene happened 3 chapters later ?

    **************************

    I said in the past that the main indicator for a Yume or Zeki end is if Kaname lives or dies . Because the only way for a Zeki end to happen is if Kaname dies .

    Even so , the probability of a "Zeki by default " end is very low . Why ???

    Because Hino likes to do many things to mislead us into what will happen next . Two obvious things are :

    1- Hiding clues in strange places ( as apparently filler scenes or drawings ) .

    2- Giving some statement a very high importance as the next event to be and later do the opposite .

    Kaname's sacrifice to become the new furnace appears to be the second type .

    It happened before with the story saying Yuuki will become human again . And ended with Yuuki choosing to continue to be a vampire .

    As Yuuki chosen to continue to be vampire . What is one implication of this statement ?

    If Kaname dies , Yuuki will spend the rest of her eternity alone . No matter if she chooses Zero and be with him until his death .

    Also there is the former intention of Yuuki to not allow Kaname to spend the rest of his existance inside a metal furnace carrying only more loneliness and hate in his heart / spirit .

    So what I really expect is Yuuki to save Kaname from dying . If Kaname lives , the end is Yume .

    But I did expect Kaname to say Yuuki to go to Zero because he doesn't deserve her a last time . With Yuuki returning to Kaname's side a bit later as her final choice of mate .

    A! Maria what a scoop you got there?! Kudos haha

    I second your analysis… Yuuki by remaining a PB (by showing also her unwavering resolution to stay as such) multiplies the prospects for Kaname’s salvation and minimizes the possibility of a Zeki end even by default.

    As for the sex and how this affects the LT; well I think we’re acting like we are discovering the gunpowder here.
    Sex is a serious issue in every story let alone in a shoujo thus and it is only natural for one to expect to have the adequate value and respect in VK as well. The contrary would be the abnormal… and frankly if I ever suspected that the author treats this matter lightly or in a cheap way I would have been very disappointed.

    But I do not think that Hino will fall in such misdeed… what is there to gain anyway?
    A Zeki end and to top it off; by default? After Yuuki voiced openly to whom her heart belongs to; after she was able to live without any trace of Zero in her life; after she chose to sacrifice her life to save another man; after her choice to sleep with him? For what kind of Zeki are we talking about here?
    Wasn’t there any other way to reach this end without devaluating in the process the concept of romantic love; and I mean for both Zeki and Yume… I don’t think so…

    Hence the question Zeki or Yume; has been answered already by the most appropriate one… the heroine! And if I may say so; a long time before the sex scene takes place… that night was only the undeniable/visual proof, the consummation of a love that runs this story from chapter 1… the icing on the cake … not the cake itself ^ω^





    "... I want to fall down with you to the very farthest depths ... taint me too Kaname"



    Spoiler:

    *wants to sneak under these bed sheets*
    avatar
    SilverAngel
    Level-E
    Level-E

    Posts : 97
    Join date : 2012-07-10
    Location : Another Dimension
    Humor : :D gotta love it!
    Warning Zone

    Re: Do you think ZEKI is over?

    Post by SilverAngel on Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:03 am

    Don't get me wrong I absolutely love zero but I do think that the Zeki romance is over...or at least close to it. There doesn't seem to be much of a romantic connection between the two considering what they were in the past. I feel like this pairing just missed there chance to be together, and considering constant obstacles have kept them apart (him being a hunter and her being a pureblood princess) yeah I guess at the time there was a chance of being some type of romeo and juliet ending but when Kaname left that was when the Zeki romance should have been relit, but it wasn't. Again I thought this when Yuuki had to drink Zero's blood in order to sustain her hunger but even both the characters admitted that there wasn't any romantic intentions. Although when Yuuki moved her position to his neck i thought that may have suggested something...but as the chapters continued it became obvious that their relationship was and still is a respected alliance because of their past together. In my opinion the Zeki romance officially ended not when she had sex with Kaname but when she erased Zero's memories. In that moment Yuuki had to consider the consequences of what she was doing. If somehow Zero ever recovered his memories and discovered what she did to him any fragments of trust that remained before would be broken without any chance of fixing it. By erasing his memories she knowingly eradicated any chance of them being together, and this was because she already chose the one for her: Kaname, hence why she lost her virginity to him. Being the heroine and making that choice, she ended the love triangle. Now as to what will happen with the yume relationship I'm not sure, but as much as I enjoy fighting for lost causes I think the Zeki relationship is done for, at best maybe a default ending? But with the few chapters that are left it would feel to rushed and rather disappointing. Then again this is all just my opinion. cheers
    avatar
    Saphira_Kuran
    Common Vampire
    Common Vampire

    Posts : 236
    Join date : 2012-03-10
    Location : wherever Kaname is! lalala
    Humor : U Bet :P
    Warning Zone

    Re: Do you think ZEKI is over?

    Post by Saphira_Kuran on Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:07 pm

    SilverAngel wrote:...In my opinion the Zeki romance officially ended not when she had sex with Kaname but when she erased Zero's memories. In that moment Yuuki had to consider the consequences of what she was doing. If somehow Zero ever recovered his memories and discovered what she did to him any fragments of trust that remained before would be broken without any chance of fixing it. By erasing his memories she knowingly eradicated any chance of them being together, and this was because she already chose the one for her: Kaname, hence why she lost her virginity to him. Being the heroine and making that choice, she ended the love triangle. Now as to what will happen with the yume relationship I'm not sure, but as much as I enjoy fighting for lost causes I think the Zeki relationship is done for, at best maybe a default ending? But with the few chapters that are left it would feel to rushed and rather disappointing. Then again this is all just my opinion. cheers



    ^ i agree. you raised a wonderful point of what happened around yuuki when she erased his memories. there had to be a breaking point anyway, honestly the lt has gone on for long enough. as it is, the finally will leave no matter what disappointed feelings. i still don't like the fact that hino is just bulldozing the end. Evil or Very Mad but it was important for yuuki to make it clear on black and white, and she has done this several times now. when she told zero that her place was with kaname, that was a first point blank (i think) and it all led to her having sex with kaname. there can never be a doubt. i feel though that even as a default zeki has been "damaged" too much for a happy zeki ending.
    what's sad is that after hino has taken sooo much time over the 2 ships, she could have at least held back the reins for the end.
    avatar
    SilverAngel
    Level-E
    Level-E

    Posts : 97
    Join date : 2012-07-10
    Location : Another Dimension
    Humor : :D gotta love it!
    Warning Zone

    Re: Do you think ZEKI is over?

    Post by SilverAngel on Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:59 am

    Saphira_Kuran wrote:
    SilverAngel wrote:...In my opinion the Zeki romance officially ended not when she had sex with Kaname but when she erased Zero's memories. In that moment Yuuki had to consider the consequences of what she was doing. If somehow Zero ever recovered his memories and discovered what she did to him any fragments of trust that remained before would be broken without any chance of fixing it. By erasing his memories she knowingly eradicated any chance of them being together, and this was because she already chose the one for her: Kaname, hence why she lost her virginity to him. Being the heroine and making that choice, she ended the love triangle. Now as to what will happen with the yume relationship I'm not sure, but as much as I enjoy fighting for lost causes I think the Zeki relationship is done for, at best maybe a default ending? But with the few chapters that are left it would feel to rushed and rather disappointing. Then again this is all just my opinion. cheers



    ^ i agree. you raised a wonderful point of what happened around yuuki when she erased his memories. there had to be a breaking point anyway, honestly the lt has gone on for long enough. as it is, the finally will leave no matter what disappointed feelings. i still don't like the fact that hino is just bulldozing the end. Evil or Very Mad but it was important for yuuki to make it clear on black and white, and she has done this several times now. when she told zero that her place was with kaname, that was a first point blank (i think) and it all led to her having sex with kaname. there can never be a doubt. i feel though that even as a default zeki has been "damaged" too much for a happy zeki ending.
    what's sad is that after hino has taken sooo much time over the 2 ships, she could have at least held back the reins for the end.

    Aaaw thank you Very Happy I'm glad someone agrees with me. Although I wish it had all ended differently. You're right when you say Hino has taken up so much time in writing this wonderful storyline yet after a slow gradual incline of events everything seems so rushed now Sad Although I'm glad that the Zeki relationship is at an end (or so it seems) but I just thought of something. What about the night of the masquerade? Perhaps Yuuki had doubts about her and kaname? Can't say I really blame her. What are your thoughts?
    avatar
    Saphira_Kuran
    Common Vampire
    Common Vampire

    Posts : 236
    Join date : 2012-03-10
    Location : wherever Kaname is! lalala
    Humor : U Bet :P
    Warning Zone

    Re: Do you think ZEKI is over?

    Post by Saphira_Kuran on Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:33 am

    SilverAngel wrote:
    Aaaw thank you Very Happy I'm glad someone agrees with me. Although I wish it had all ended differently. You're right when you say Hino has taken up so much time in writing this wonderful storyline yet after a slow gradual incline of events everything seems so rushed now Sad Although I'm glad that the Zeki relationship is at an end (or so it seems) but I just thought of something. What about the night of the masquerade? Perhaps Yuuki had doubts about her and kaname? Can't say I really blame her. What are your thoughts?

    yea, there has been a lot of discussions over the masquerade ball. who initiated the kiss? for what reason? what was yuuki thinking?
    having gone over and over it my conclusion is that yuuki was saying good-bye. over the last chapters prior to that moment yuuki spends her time reflecting on the past, what may have been had she done things different and "what would the 17yr old human yuuki have done" and things like that. she by that time already told zero that her place was with kaname...a complete fall back would have been a total ditch for yuuki. so i think that she was kissing her "memories" goodbye. what they might have had. so at this point i think it doesn't matter who started it, it was the same both ways
    avatar
    juliet
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

    Posts : 5014
    Join date : 2010-05-05
    Location : Deep, deep forest
    Humor : Anytime...
    Warning Zone

    Re: Do you think ZEKI is over?

    Post by juliet on Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:51 am

    having gone over and over it my conclusion is that yuuki was saying good-bye.

    At that part, i think that Yuuki had decided that she shall put an end to Zero's memories about her since she would exist no more (she was thinking that she should sacrifice herself to make Kaname human), so under this thought, it was only logical to say these things to herself and be emotional for Zero, as she thought that this is perhaps the last time seeing him. I do not know if you have a different opinion but that's how i interpreted it later on taking into consideration and the next chapters.

    About Zero should i say that even Yuuki does not believe into his change? that he grew up from his hateful emotions about purebloods? Like at the ball she was thinking that "the Zero that i knew would never dance with me" and she considered that fact or explained it in her heart like they were both wearing mask (so acting in accordance ) only under the specific circumstances; because Zero wanted answers and Yuuki had decided to go all the way, even to sacrificing herself to save Kaname.

    And to be honest, that's what i believed at first that Zero was putting up with this situation, only to get closer to his goal and getting Kaname (not that his feelings about purebloods or his stance towards Yuuki's pureblood nature had change), yes under normal circumstances he would not dance with her.

    But with the last chapter (91), I did see change, progression through Zero. I think that Zero did not wear a mask, neither put up a show as Yuuki thought, after all since now that the memory spell seems to break, the first initial emotions that he has are good ones.

    Plus Kaito's words (face the pain and come back) are there to re-affirm that he expects Zero to make the change and surpass his issues, finding the resolution, and if Zero can, then Kaito, can do also, and perhaps Yagari ( as his discussion with Kaien shows that they all hoped for a reason, a reason out of that dark forest of hate and prior traumas). So there is a change that i hope that Hino shall continue and show to the final chapters as epilogue to the hate among hunters and the purebloods, using Zero as the prime example that found resolution, manage to win all the bad and move on to full fill his goals, free from burdens of the past...

    only hope that Hino leaves us and enough space to enjoy it.






    I' ll show you a sweet dream next time
    avatar
    Aquasixio
    Human

    Posts : 18
    Join date : 2012-02-03
    Location : Right behind you.
    Humor : Sick.
    Warning Zone

    Re: Do you think ZEKI is over?

    Post by Aquasixio on Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:00 am

    As of now, at chapter 92, I would be willing to say that Zeki will be a fleeting dream ;_; He JUST said that he wouldn't hide his feelings anymore and...just...I don't know. My gut instinct tells me he will be at friendzone level 99 until the day he dies.

    Sponsored content

    Re: Do you think ZEKI is over?

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:29 pm