Vampire Knight & Manga Forum

In order to fully enjoy the board and it's function, you can always log in or sign up to an account. Thank you...

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

In order to fully enjoy the board and it's function, you can always log in or sign up to an account. Thank you...

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Α forum dedicated to Hino's Matsuri best-seller manga Vampire Knight and the manga we love

Gallery

Hino Matsuri's New Drawing Style? Empty

Latest topics

» Do you trust Hino?
Hino Matsuri's New Drawing Style? I_icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2022 12:37 am by juliet

» Our Kaname is here!! Vampire Knight memories chapter 38
Hino Matsuri's New Drawing Style? I_icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2022 12:35 am by juliet

» Vampire knight Memories 38
Hino Matsuri's New Drawing Style? I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2022 4:18 am by juliet

» Where to Find Vampire Knight Memories Translation
Hino Matsuri's New Drawing Style? I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2022 1:29 am by juliet

» The Final Countdown
Hino Matsuri's New Drawing Style? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2022 11:43 pm by juliet

» New VK Chapter is HERE!
Hino Matsuri's New Drawing Style? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 11, 2017 7:42 am by lililovelilica

» Links for Other Vampire Knight Forums and Sites that you like and enjoy!!
Hino Matsuri's New Drawing Style? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2016 7:25 pm by Saphira_K

» VK Memories CH 6!
Hino Matsuri's New Drawing Style? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2016 6:13 pm by Saphira_K

» VK Memories
Hino Matsuri's New Drawing Style? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2016 5:59 pm by Saphira_K

» New VK Chapter SPOILERS!
Hino Matsuri's New Drawing Style? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2016 5:47 pm by Saphira_K

» New VK Bonus Ch!!
Hino Matsuri's New Drawing Style? I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2015 12:53 am by Saphira_K

» Translation of 'Fleeting Dreams'
Hino Matsuri's New Drawing Style? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2015 2:20 am by Saphira_K

» Bunko Editions
Hino Matsuri's New Drawing Style? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2015 2:18 am by Saphira_K

» New Vampire knight Extra
Hino Matsuri's New Drawing Style? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2015 2:15 am by Saphira_K

» The Musical (Original and Revive)
Hino Matsuri's New Drawing Style? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2015 2:40 am by Dreamiel

» NEW CHAPTER IN 2015?
Hino Matsuri's New Drawing Style? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2015 12:16 am by Unknown00

» Newbie in the forum...
Hino Matsuri's New Drawing Style? I_icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2015 7:13 pm by aisan4494

» Who do you think Yuki loves more: Kaname or Zero?
Hino Matsuri's New Drawing Style? I_icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2015 7:09 pm by aisan4494

» Zeki or Yume?
Hino Matsuri's New Drawing Style? I_icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2015 7:04 pm by aisan4494

» So What will happen of Kaname?
Hino Matsuri's New Drawing Style? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2015 6:25 pm by matei alina

We and the Youtube

Poll

would you like to read a sequel of vk?or is hino thinking of writing one?
Hino Matsuri's New Drawing Style? Bar_left59%Hino Matsuri's New Drawing Style? Bar_right 59% [ 24 ]
Hino Matsuri's New Drawing Style? Bar_left27%Hino Matsuri's New Drawing Style? Bar_right 27% [ 11 ]
Hino Matsuri's New Drawing Style? Bar_left15%Hino Matsuri's New Drawing Style? Bar_right 15% [ 6 ]

Total Votes : 41

Friends

Terry Candy

+8
Hauru
Akaruisama
juliet
shizza24
rosaever
Katherine
RedSonja
wohoyo
12 posters

Hino Matsuri's New Drawing Style?

Poll

Do You Think Her Style is Changing?

[ 9 ]
    Hino Matsuri's New Drawing Style? Bar_left56%Hino Matsuri's New Drawing Style? Bar_right [56%] 
    [ 1 ]
    Hino Matsuri's New Drawing Style? Bar_left6%Hino Matsuri's New Drawing Style? Bar_right [6%] 
    [ 6 ]
    Hino Matsuri's New Drawing Style? Bar_left38%Hino Matsuri's New Drawing Style? Bar_right [38%] 

Total Votes: 16
    Poll closed
    wohoyo
    wohoyo
    Human

Warning ZoneHino Matsuri's New Drawing Style? Dropsoa

Hino Matsuri's New Drawing Style? Empty Hino Matsuri's New Drawing Style?

Post by wohoyo Mon Sep 19, 2011 2:14 am

In chapters 70 and up, don't you guys notice that her drawing is starting to become less... Sharp? I mean, I can't really explain it, but it seems like her drawing is really blurry - the details are less intense.

To me, it's really noticeable in the beginning of chapter 74. You can barely see the details on the day class uniform Zero is wearing and the outline of the two characters is sort of smudgy/soft, including other things.

I'm not sure if it's her drawing that's changed, or because of the scanning... But all I know is that I'm not really liking it. Sure, they all look better than chapter 1 [thank goodness], but I dislike the fact that the details aren't really there.

What's your opinion - did her style change, or did it not? If yes, do you like it?
    RedSonja
    RedSonja
    Level-E
    Level-E

Hino Matsuri's New Drawing Style? Empty Re: Hino Matsuri's New Drawing Style?

Post by RedSonja Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:27 pm

yeeeaah o know what u mean.....the characters are the same but some panels arent that detailed as they were......
    Katherine
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Humor : Le coeur a ses raisons que la raison ne connaît point.

Post by Katherine Mon Sep 19, 2011 3:03 pm

You are so right...we talked about that somewhere were we said that her drawings were lovlier some time ago and had much more intense...(around chapter 40-50 they were really great)...right now they lack some details ... well I noticed the eyes a lot, some chapters ago they were so "deep", full of emotion...now sometimes they are a little bit empty

I hope that this change will be not forever, I think she has not much time lately, we will see in the next chapter, I mean two months we will see how she draws right now if she gots time
    rosaever
    rosaever
    Common Vampire
    Common Vampire

Humor : curious

Post by rosaever Mon Sep 19, 2011 3:10 pm

True,I also noticed it,someone in other thread mentioned that it's clear diffference in eyes. But chapter 74 scanlation posted on Mangareader wasn't of high quality,everything was blurred,but still we can't blame worse drawing only on scanlation.

Here is Mangareader first page:
    http://www.mangareader.net/vampire-knight/74/2

And here Mangaanimea first page:
    http://manga.animea.net/vampire-knight-chapter-74-page-1.html

Last edited by rosaever on Mon Sep 19, 2011 3:14 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : adding)
    shizza24
    shizza24
    Vampire Noble Class
    Vampire Noble Class

Post by shizza24 Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:39 am

I think it's because of the scanning.... The manga wasn't cleaned well..
    juliet
    juliet
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Humor : Anytime...

Post by juliet Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:03 am

i think she misses a lot of details; eyes and hair, especially about the hair is something I can not define; less volume for sure and less detailed again.
    Akaruisama
    Akaruisama
    Pureblood Vampire
    Pureblood Vampire

Post by Akaruisama Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:12 pm

It's true that drawings isn't so good as it used to be. I hope it isn't a sign of Hino loosing her interest of this title. Perhaps she is creating it so long, she is a little bored right now.
    Hauru
    Hauru
    Common Vampire
    Common Vampire

Post by Hauru Sun Sep 25, 2011 7:21 am

The details start to be lessen such as uniform,background and especially emotions!I hope this is not permanent Hino-sensei's stlye of drawing.
    Lisi
    Lisi
    Common Vampire
    Common Vampire

Humor : black and deadpan

Post by Lisi Sun Sep 25, 2011 2:12 pm

maybe the scans are not well done.
    maybe hino loses the interest in vk.
    maybe it's just her new style of drawing.
    maybe she has not much time.
    maybe something happened in her real life and she is worried etc.

I DON'T KNOW
    i hope it's just the scanlations
    tssf
    tssf
    Level-E
    Level-E

Post by tssf Sun Sep 25, 2011 3:24 pm

It's true that they aren't detailed at the moment. I worries be a bit, but at the same time, I think it's ok. Don't misunderstand me - one f the reasons I love Vampire Knight so much is the detailed and beautiful art, but I would say that the reason is that Hino is maybe stressedin a rush. That would at least be an explanation for the different style at the moment and if I remember right she did something like that before... I think I read Hino's comment where she said that she noticed her art was less detailed. I'm sure she didn't do it on purpose, it's just the pressure on her...
    It obviously isn't just the scanning, but I hope that the scanning made it worse than it is and that Hino comes back with the details, they were and still are very important to me, I enjoyed seeing so much love in "just one picture".
    Trinity
    Trinity
    Human

Humor : sarcastic/bitchy

Post by Trinity Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:57 pm

It could just be because it is the magazine releases, magazine releases always have less detail than the volume releases when they get the chance to fix things, a lack of time for magazine releases could also be why + combined with bad scanning will make it look worse. Volumes always look beautiful and have more detail and some scenes are changed slightly too, I doubt she is losing interest in the series especially now that we are moving in to the last sort of quarter so she would probably be more excited (seeing as she has the ending already) and would enjoy it more.

I wouldn't say a lack of detail is a new style as she always just improves, I really do just say it would be because it's not the volume releases Smile I've only really noticed less detail in eyes to be honest so that could just be the scanning...meh my 2 cents
    Lisi
    Lisi
    Common Vampire
    Common Vampire

Humor : black and deadpan

Post by Lisi Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:25 pm

yes. Very Happy
    ckaien
    ckaien
    Human

Post by ckaien Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:31 am

This last chapter especially felt choppy and rushed and I wanna know if Hino due to vk popularity is suddenly more busy. Doing cons and fan tours ijn japan and europe and is unable to focus.... Or worse shes starting to become bored with her own story. Terrible thought, but its a possibility. Shes been producing 10 -11 chapters a year for 6 years. She quite possinly had the first 10 chapters already written for lala when she first signed on with them for her manga spot. Not sure on manga mag requirements for authors to enter thier mangas. If its asked they give up the first 10 to 15 chaps. No idea. X.x

In this time pe riod of 6 years shes managed to get 2 novels. A fanbook, and a artbook, and give the anime studios two seasons. No idea who wrote those scripts. X.x

tssf
    tssf
    Level-E
    Level-E

Post by tssf Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:39 am

ckaien wrote:This last chapter especially felt choppy and rushed and I wanna know if Hino due to vk popularity is suddenly more busy. Doing cons and fan tours ijn japan and europe and is unable to focus.... Or worse shes starting to become bored with her own story. Terrible thought, but its a possibility. Shes been producing 10 -11 chapters a year for 6 years. She quite possinly had the first 10 chapters already written for lala when she first signed on with them for her manga spot. Not sure on manga mag requirements for authors to enter thier mangas. If its asked they give up the first 10 to 15 chaps. No idea. X.x

In this time pe riod of 6 years shes managed to get 2 novels. A fanbook, and a artbook, and give the anime studios two seasons. No idea who wrote those scripts. X.x

And a lot of drama CDs, but I'm pretty sure she doesn't write the scripts for these things. She didn't write the novels, the CDs and I'm not sure about the anime either, somethings are from the manga (more or less) others aren't.

I'm sure she didn't get bored. I'm sure she loves the series and probably just has a hard time. Everyone delivers worse work at some point and then it becomes better again.
    ckaien
    ckaien
    Human

Post by ckaien Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:50 am

Well I wasnt a harry potter fan till like 4 years ago when book 7 came out. I didnt have to wait for the books like a lot of my peers did. ( mostly because I grew up in a christian house that thought harry potter evil xD)

When I was in film school ,my room mate showed me the harry potter films and I fell in love. Lol. But hino right now is in a sense the new jk rowling. Shes got a fascinating world with a school at the center of it.

I would pay to see rowling and hino chat about writing a popular series. See thier struggles and what theyd agree on. I just hope hino doesnt decide to last minute make kaien gay like rowling did dumbledore. XD

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:10 pm