In general Zero seems to be a unique HUNTER cuz first of all he “managed” to be born despite he had a twin brother. As also Kaname said this is something unexpected cuz the hunters can’t give birth to twins … the embryos will eat one another in the womb. However both Zero and Ichirou were born but as it seems Zero took most of the power leaving Ichirou weak and useless to be a hunter thus Zero felt so guilty and protective towards him but in the same time implies Zero’s power. On the other hand Ichirou’s birth signifies the gentle/protective aspect of Zero’s nature … he didn’t eat his brother in the womb to take all the power and become maybe the most powerful HUNTER (since he would have the power of two potential hunters aka 2 in 1 package). The story shows that, what didn’t happen in the womb happened later when Zero devoured his brother.
IMO the biggest boost on Zero’s powers happened after he devours his brother and I think this is supported from:
1. Kaname also told him to devour his brother right before the battle with Rido.
2. After he devoured Ichirou he “transformed” (Zero’s shadow as a monster) and the Bloody Rose transformed too in a weapon with thorns and veins. I guess that’s why Kaname told Zero that he should devour his brother … cuz Zero needed that extra power in order to “transform” the Bloody Rose and be able to handle the full power of it to kill Rido.
3. I think also Rido knew about this, viz IF a hunter devour his twin then he’ll gain an enormous power! Note what Rido (in the form of Shiki) says to Takuma)
“Ichijou do you know about the TABOO for the hunters to be twins? (or in other translation the hunters curse of twins)”
Thus far seems that Rido is referring on the same issue that Kaname earlier said about the hunters curse (can’t have twins cuz they’ll eat one another in the womb). BUT he continued by saying >>>
“But for those two who have their differences between them, IT IS IRRELEVANT” (or another translation “However it doesn’t relate to the two of them BECAUSE THEY DON’T GET ALONG”).
According to my interpretation Rido knows not only the curse but also the result if an alive twin devour the other hence and he seems “relieved” cuz since he thought that Ichirou was on his side that possibility was zero >> Because they don’t get along! But he was wrong cuz Ichirou had mislead him … Ichirou wanted to avenge for Shizuka thus he wanted to be devoured from Zero as it happened eventually.
So my opinion is that Zero is the most powerful HUNTER AFTER he devoured his brother …
Therefore I think that Zero’s destiny was either way to be the most powerful hunter. And we don’t know yet how the BR resulted to his hands. Who decided to give the BR to Zero? Cuz as we saw his parents wielded SWORDS and so Ichirou … so how and when Zero end up with the special weapon BR?
Since I have to speculate my bets going on Kaname again. As it seems Zero took the gun when the NC created thus when Kaname had already in his mind the plan to exterminate Rido. If there is something that I miss feel free to correct me.
Now the thing is that Zero also turned to be a vampire so another element makes Zero further more unique … he is a unique vampire-hunter and a vampire himself.
I suppose Zero’s powers could be compared with the powers of a PB, BUT how much power Zero will have if someone will remove the BR from him? I think his supernatural-powers are very limited and I mean compared to a PB not to a human or to an average hunter in physical terms.
The only power that Zero seems to have –without his BR- is to crack windows, a power that Zero took from Kaname’s blood and NOT FROM YUUKI.
Look the order of the events:
1. We first saw Kaname cracking windows at the academy’s ball when he sent Zero after Yuuki … which means prior even Kaname takes Shizuka’s blood and heart. So there is no doubt that this power is Kaname’s.
2. Then we saw Yuuki to do the same, BUT when? After her awaking hence right after she drank Kaname’s blood and had no control of such powers.
So the first conclusion is that this power originates FROM KANAME and both Yuuki and Zero obtained it from him. Ergo this is a big hole in the theory that Yuuki’s blood can transform Zero into a PB …
Now about all the other powers of Zero:
- Flying >>> he was holding the BR and it was after he devoured his brother. Also Hanabusa was on the top of that roof and we also saw other nobles with such ability. Does this mean that they are PB’s? No!
- Immune to PB mind control >>>We first saw that with Shizuka … even if he couldn’t kill her he managed to break her mind-control or the blood-bond they share. There is no doubt that Zero has a very strong will-power
but we can’t be sure how much role played Kaname’s blood which was already into Zero’s veins.
EDIT: Now I remebered that Kaname gave his blood to Zero after he killed Shizuka lol
But either way Zero at that time didn’t have taken blood from the PB Yuuki … NOTE the PB not the human Yuuki. Cuz Yuuki’s blood I do believe myself that cuz she was born a PB even as a human her blood was a magnet for vampires BUT since her nature was in hypnosis so her powers were. Which means Zero or anybody who took blood from her as a human couldn’t obtain any power from her. (Btw another hole in the theory that Yuuki’s blood turned Zero into a PB)
- Breaking glasses >>> I think I cover that above … this power obtained from Kaname.
- The “fight” with Kaname:
This scene answers in absolute way who is stronger Kaname or Zero … the answer is Kaname ofc …
1. Kaname was the one who got in the fight … Do you think that if he didn’t know that he was able to wipe off Zero he would do that? I’m sure not especially at that time when he was so anxious to take Yuuki away and protect her. So I wonder would he do such a reckless attempt since if he had killed who would protect Yuuki?
2. But even if someone think that Kaname lost his temper at that moment the fight itself gives the answer … Kaname had the upper hand cuz he could control the BR! The weapon obeyed Kaname and released him from its veins!
Bottom line … IF Kaname wanted and IF Yuuki wouldn’t stop him Zero would be pulp at that very moment haha …
sweetsolace wrote: without bloody rose, Zero is nothing. He needed a weapon or else he won't function as an attacker.
In conclusion Zero is a very powerful creature and he probably could kill many PBs (except Kaname) BUT not without his BR! If you remove it most likely he doesn’t have a chance against a PB and I mean to kill him/her. But this doesn’t mean that he isn’t special or that he should be turned into a PB … There is a highly possibility that the BR (into its full power) can’t be handled from anybody else hunter except Zero …
About Kaname … Hino has gave already the answer in one word >>> ALMIGHTY
… so take a guess about his powers …