Vampire Knight & Manga Forum

In order to fully enjoy the board and it's function, you can always log in or sign up to an account. Thank you...

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

In order to fully enjoy the board and it's function, you can always log in or sign up to an account. Thank you...

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Α forum dedicated to Hino's Matsuri best-seller manga Vampire Knight and the manga we love

Gallery

Chapter 76: Scanlation Empty

Latest topics

» Do you trust Hino?
Chapter 76: Scanlation I_icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2022 12:37 am by juliet

» Our Kaname is here!! Vampire Knight memories chapter 38
Chapter 76: Scanlation I_icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2022 12:35 am by juliet

» Vampire knight Memories 38
Chapter 76: Scanlation I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2022 4:18 am by juliet

» Where to Find Vampire Knight Memories Translation
Chapter 76: Scanlation I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2022 1:29 am by juliet

» The Final Countdown
Chapter 76: Scanlation I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2022 11:43 pm by juliet

» New VK Chapter is HERE!
Chapter 76: Scanlation I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 11, 2017 7:42 am by lililovelilica

» Links for Other Vampire Knight Forums and Sites that you like and enjoy!!
Chapter 76: Scanlation I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2016 7:25 pm by Saphira_K

» VK Memories CH 6!
Chapter 76: Scanlation I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2016 6:13 pm by Saphira_K

» VK Memories
Chapter 76: Scanlation I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2016 5:59 pm by Saphira_K

» New VK Chapter SPOILERS!
Chapter 76: Scanlation I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2016 5:47 pm by Saphira_K

» New VK Bonus Ch!!
Chapter 76: Scanlation I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2015 12:53 am by Saphira_K

» Translation of 'Fleeting Dreams'
Chapter 76: Scanlation I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2015 2:20 am by Saphira_K

» Bunko Editions
Chapter 76: Scanlation I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2015 2:18 am by Saphira_K

» New Vampire knight Extra
Chapter 76: Scanlation I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2015 2:15 am by Saphira_K

» The Musical (Original and Revive)
Chapter 76: Scanlation I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2015 2:40 am by Dreamiel

» NEW CHAPTER IN 2015?
Chapter 76: Scanlation I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2015 12:16 am by Unknown00

» Newbie in the forum...
Chapter 76: Scanlation I_icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2015 7:13 pm by aisan4494

» Who do you think Yuki loves more: Kaname or Zero?
Chapter 76: Scanlation I_icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2015 7:09 pm by aisan4494

» Zeki or Yume?
Chapter 76: Scanlation I_icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2015 7:04 pm by aisan4494

» So What will happen of Kaname?
Chapter 76: Scanlation I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2015 6:25 pm by matei alina

We and the Youtube

Poll

would you like to read a sequel of vk?or is hino thinking of writing one?
Chapter 76: Scanlation Bar_left59%Chapter 76: Scanlation Bar_right 59% [ 24 ]
Chapter 76: Scanlation Bar_left27%Chapter 76: Scanlation Bar_right 27% [ 11 ]
Chapter 76: Scanlation Bar_left15%Chapter 76: Scanlation Bar_right 15% [ 6 ]

Total Votes : 41

Friends

Terry Candy

+16
caela
bearcute <3
libra
Youweremysafeplace*
juliet
Anneliezz
Knightmare
rosaever
aya-chan
Divine Rose
VampireCythia
Katherine
Maeko
Evil in love
nina
Kara
20 posters

Chapter 76: Scanlation

Kara
    Kara
    Common Vampire
    Common Vampire

Humor : A divine combination of irony and innuendo ;)
    Warning ZoneChapter 76: Scanlation Dropsoa

Chapter 76: Scanlation Empty Chapter 76: Scanlation

Post by Kara Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:55 pm

...is now on Mangareader.net, here:

http://www.mangareader.net/vampire-knight/76/2

Smile
    nina
    nina
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Humor : Black sarcasm

Chapter 76: Scanlation Empty Re: Chapter 76: Scanlation

Post by nina Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:15 pm

Kara wrote:...is now on Mangareader.net, here:

Smile

Awww!!! bounce bounce bounce Thank you Kara! Chapter 76: Scanlation 1927775417

bouncing bouncing bouncing bouncing
    Evil in love
    Evil in love
    Level-E
    Level-E

Post by Evil in love Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:23 pm

Smile

ありがと ございます、 心さま でした.. Thank you so much....I was checking 2 times on the the pages of Yuuki and Zero..and Kaname’s dream...Because I do care about it lol.... I just am concerned...

Peace..
    Maeko
    Maeko
    Human

Post by Maeko Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:45 pm

Thank you! The story is becoming very good now. Can't wait to see what happens! *^^*
    Katherine
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Humor : Le coeur a ses raisons que la raison ne connaît point.

Post by Katherine Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:20 pm

I will read it in some minutes, thank you so much Kara for telling us sLo_BigBearHug
    VampireCythia
    VampireCythia
    Pureblood Vampire
    Pureblood Vampire

Humor : BOW DOWN TO YOUR QUEEN!!!!XDXDXDXDXDXD

Post by VampireCythia Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:24 pm

THANSSSS cheers Chapter 76: Scanlation 1927775417
    Divine Rose
    Divine Rose
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Humor : Mwa hahahahahahaha...

Post by Divine Rose Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:56 pm

Thank you so much! cheers cheers cheers cheers
    aya-chan
    aya-chan
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Humor : oiseaux de se ressemble s'assemble

Post by aya-chan Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:15 pm

Smile

Chapter 76: Scanlation 1927775417 this chapter was done by a different scan team then before : dragon&fly.
    rosaever
    rosaever
    Common Vampire
    Common Vampire

Humor : curious

Post by rosaever Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:18 pm

Thank you so much for the information. I must admit that they appear earlier than couple months ago- I'm so happy cheers and scanlation is in better quality than in July or September- double happy cheers cheers
    Knightmare
    Knightmare
    Common Vampire
    Common Vampire

Humor : Satirical

Post by Knightmare Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:59 pm

Anneliezz
    Anneliezz
    Pureblood Vampire
    Pureblood Vampire

Humor : 1.Being a pure(blood) pervert. 2. Installing the day-class-spy-cameras in zero's room 3.WCZF-club!!

Post by Anneliezz Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:39 pm

Thanks Kara and Knightmare

It's interesting to see how they are different. (Though in the end it means the same)
    juliet
    juliet
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Humor : Anytime...

Post by juliet Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:44 am

@kara and Knightmare thank you for providing the links to scanlations and also a great thank you to all groups that made so much work there, translating and uploading for the scans to be uploaded...

Now as to the Rido's talk that interests most the Yume fans, this is how that part differs between the two scanlations but I also do not see that much difference there or the phrase is a bit cryptic as always.

Soulsnpirates version; Finally a flower that would only bloom for you but one day it will be swallowed and withered...

Dragon Fly: Finally you meet the flower only blooming for you, though it will fade away and die someday...

Apparently, how I interpret the scene is as follow; Rido as the more vicious alter ego of Kaname suggests to Kaname that now that eventually Kaname has achieved his goal (Yuuki only blooming with him) faces again the dilemma of contradiction inside him.

If he decides to keep Yuuki to himself and take her from her path (Rido's intervention in his dream who shuts Yuuki's eyes and blocks her vision from anything else), then this flower will meet a death, not essentially a real death but as Rido suggests by withering and fading or "dying". At least that's my shot in the scene.

And according to my opinion Rido symbolizes the true vampire self that eventually all vampires have- and as we know it is full of raw instincts and with this "self" Rido is taunting Kaname back in chapter 59, where Rido says to Kaname "Why are you hesitating? Have you forgotten your true self?".

But as we know Kaname tends to overview this side -his vampire side, therefore he never harmed people or gave in to instincts and games of blood and war> where all that reflect the vampire's true self/nature.

So until we find out something more I personally will stick with this opinion that simply brings forward again Kaname's contradiction as we know it and as it is also supported by Hino, that this overall contradiction and therefore this "Rido image self" is linked to Kaname in a metaphorical meaning and in a way you can not have Kaname without a contradiction;

in volume 13 there is a side panel at the right side where Hino has a small list of the lead-ins for certain chapters where it says; "The contradicting existence that I am", Sixtieth Night; Hino remark about the title; "A short sentence that describes Kaname wonderfully".

I hope that makes sense but eventually what I wanted to mention is that this sentence that has been left there for us to interpret by Hino can also have a very simple meaning with no drama effects; eventually if Rido symbolizes Kaname's more violent, blood-thirsty and untamed nature it would be natural that he would pop out once and in a while -especially now that Kaname misses Yuuki's blood (another indication where he bends over the blood)- to challenge the path that Kaname has chosen and is actually opposite than what a real pureblood vampire would be expected to go.

Youweremysafeplace*
    Youweremysafeplace*
    Level-E
    Level-E

Humor : Always :D

Post by Youweremysafeplace* Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:59 am

Thanks a bunch cheers This chapter just keeps me thinking.. Like why did zero grin after yuki was done talking then stopped her? I mean i thought it was a way of him thinking of his past and how he knows how shes feeling in a way so it was like sympathy. But then the smile threw me off so im just a bit confused..
    Or what did the short haired girl (i forgot her name) meant, when she said "because after this, there are many things awaiting you that have to be done."
    maybe the next chapter will clear some stuff up? scratch
    libra
    libra
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Humor : Black

Post by libra Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:14 am

Smile

Knightmare wrote:Soulsnpirates have also released theirs.

http://eatmanga.com/index.php/Manga-Scan/Vampire-Knight/Vampire-Knight-076

sLo_BigBearHug sLo_BigBearHug sLo_BigBearHug sLo_BigBearHug
    Chapter 76: Scanlation 1927775417 Chapter 76: Scanlation 1927775417 Chapter 76: Scanlation 1927775417 Chapter 76: Scanlation 1927775417 Chapter 76: Scanlation 1927775417 SOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH!!!
    rosaever
    rosaever
    Common Vampire
    Common Vampire

Humor : curious

Post by rosaever Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:33 am

juliet wrote:@kara and Knightmare thank you for providing the links to scanlations and also a great thank you to all groups that made so much work there, translating and uploading for the scans to be uploaded...

Now as to the Rido's talk that interests most the Yume fans, this is how that part differs between the two scanlations but I also do not see that much difference there or the phrase is a bit cryptic as always.

Soulsnpirates version; Finally a flower that would only bloom for you but one day it will be swallowed and withered...

Dragon Fly: Finally you meet the flower only blooming for you, though it will fade away and die someday...

Apparently, how I interpret the scene is as follow; Rido as the more vicious alter ego of Kaname suggests to Kaname that now that eventually Kaname has achieved his goal (Yuuki only blooming with him) faces again the dilemma of contradiction inside him.

If he decides to keep Yuuki to himself and take her from her path (Rido's intervention in his dream who shuts Yuuki's eyes and blocks her vision from anything else), then this flower will meet a death, not essentially a real death but as Rido suggests by withering and fading or "dying". At least that's my shot in the scene.

And according to my opinion Rido symbolizes the true vampire self that eventually all vampires have- and as we know it is full of raw instincts and with this "self" Rido is taunting Kaname back in chapter 59, where Rido says to Kaname "Why are you hesitating? Have you forgotten your true self?".

But as we know Kaname tends to overview this side -his vampire side, therefore he never harmed people or gave in to instincts and games of blood and war> where all that reflect the vampire's true self/nature.

So until we find out something more I personally will stick with this opinion that simply brings forward again Kaname's contradiction as we know it and as it is also supported by Hino, that this overall contradiction and therefore this "Rido image self" is linked to Kaname in a metaphorical meaning and in a way you can not have Kaname without a contradiction;

in volume 13 there is a side panel at the right side where Hino has a small list of the lead-ins for certain chapters where it says; "The contradicting existence that I am", Sixtieth Night; Hino remark about the title; "A short sentence that describes Kaname wonderfully".

I hope that makes sense but eventually what I wanted to mention is that this sentence that has been left there for us to interpret by Hino can also have a very simple meaning with no drama effects; eventually if Rido symbolizes Kaname's more violent, blood-thirsty and untamed nature it would be natural that he would pop out once and in a while -especially now that Kaname misses Yuuki's blood (another indication where he bends over the blood)- to challenge the path that Kaname has chosen and is actually opposite than what a real pureblood vampire would be expected to go.

Juliet,great analysis. You can be right about meaning of words:dying.We can't understand this literally as ending Yuuki's life but she will forgot herself. In previous chapter we could see some premonition of this:
    chapter 41:
    http://www.mangareader.net/104-2167-19/vampire-knight/chapter-41.html
    http://www.mangareader.net/104-2167-22/vampire-knight/chapter-41.html

and a image of unhappy Yuuki in chain( i can't find now the chapter)

Youweremysafeplace* wrote:Thanks a bunch cheers This chapter just keeps me thinking.. Like why did zero grin after yuki was done talking then stopped her? I mean i thought it was a way of him thinking of his past and how he knows how shes feeling in a way so it was like sympathy. But then the smile threw me off so im just a bit confused..
    Or what did the short haired girl (i forgot her name) meant, when she said "because after this, there are many things awaiting you that have to be done."
    maybe the next chapter will clear some stuff up? scratch

You mean Seiren-Kaname's guard. I think that now when only Seiren,Ruka and Akatsuki are with Kaname they know more about Kaname's plan,they do some preparation and etc. but the main problem is that we don't know exactly what will happen and as you said we have to wait for next chapter.

Last edited by rosaever on Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:39 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : problems with images)
    nina
    nina
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Post by nina Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:52 pm

Juliet wrote: Soulsnpirates version; Finally a flower that would only bloom for you but one day it will be swallowed and withered...

Yes I agree the flower that blooms ONLY for Kaname is Yuuki and it comes as a continuation of the prior panel where is Kaname’s recollection of Yuuki telling him that from now on she wants to start over with him! (chapter 66). So we have a clearer picture of how Kaname perceived Yuuki’s restart!!!! Viz how Yuuki meant the start over! (I’m so happy cuz we were right all that long yay! *really trying hard to stop fangirling* sFun_cheerleader2 Razz)

Now … this is the vague part of Rido’s wording … he meant literally or metaphorically that Yuuki will withered and eventually die?

I’m really divided …

- Metaphorically one interpretation could be that since Yuuki love him so much that blooms only for him with the path he has chosen (to leave her alone) one day she’ll withered >> “vampires can only quench their thirst by drinking the blood of the one they love” (chapter 49) & Yuuki’s wording when Kaito suggests that she could be the only remained PB >> “Only I to remain is also equal to living FOREVER BY MYSELF” (chapter 75).

- Literally ... brings on the surface again Kaname’s gut fear of something fatally happening to Yuuki with the path that he knows that Yuuki will follow. And here came to my mind a few Yuuki’s wordings >>

1. As rosaever pointed out previously >>
    Kaname: “I can force you to come with me”
    Yuuki: “If you do that I will never forgive you…”

Yuuki: “I may be a fool but I’ve always taken the path I believed was right … If I stop doing that now I will no longer be myself.”

So we see how determinate was Yuuki to follow her own path opposing to Kaname and she had just “awaken” …

2. After Ouri’s murder >>
    Yuuki: “I need to become more aware of what is going on around me. People becoming victims, becoming sacrifices. I don’t want that happening.” (chapter 56).

3. After Kaname gave to her artemis >>
    Yuuki: “He left this with me (artemis) … probably cuz he wanted to see what I’d do. SOMETHING ONLY I CAN DO.”

“I don’t want PBs creating victims … someone making a victim of someone else I don’t want that. Seeing others lost in misery … I don’t want that. So I will bear the responsibility of ending your life.” (chapter 57)

“I thought about what I … one small existence could do. I thought and I thought…”

“I know I may be making the worst choice possible …
    But I mean to save others from being killed for no good reason! I want to change something, so I have to be the one to act.

“IF I DON’T DO SOMETHING THIS WORLD WILL CONSUME ME” (chapter 58)

4. Touma >>
    “Now listen! The stage is finally getting set for a bloody scene that is much more to my liking. So you get it now? DON’T HAMPER MY ENJOYMENT OF WATCHING THE DRAMA UNFOLD. You are nothing yet but a powerless b!tch so stop butting in!”

So here Touma recognizes on Yuuki’s existence a hindrance for the bloody scene that already has started to unfold. Why? Is Yuuki capable to stop the bloodshed?
    In my opinion Touma’s attack verify Kaname’s fears that Yuuki’s path (as she describes it with her thoughts and actions above) will drive her to sacrifice herself in the process >> “I’m frightened that one day you’ll give up your life for something meaningless Yuuki.”

Kaname feels “powerless” >> “It’s frustrating isn’t it? Feeling powerless …” >> thus his contradictions >> to break her wings or to set her free to follow her deadly path???

For me his choice to let her free coincide with him taking action (original plan) in order her path not to lead to her death literally.
    But now in the last chapter Yuuki faces a new challenge >> Sara’s tablets >>

Yuuki: “The PBs are trying to bother others against their wills … I’ll never forgive nor allow them to continue to do so … I will stop you…”

Thus Kaname faces again his worst nightmare and Rido is there to remind him that >> “Can you face it like this?” … and squeezing Yuuki to death >> “I know so don’t ask me those questions again and again…”

My interpretation is that back in chapter 59 Rido appeared cuz Kaname was about to make the next step … he had give Yuuki the artemis (hence freedom) and he was torturing about revealing his true identity i.e. that he wasn’t her oniisama but her ancestor >>
    Rido: “How long are you going to continue being the kind big brother? Why are you hesitating? Have you forgotten your true self?”

My feeling is that Kaname was afraid that by revealing his true self (ancestor) and all that happened the night of his awakening Yuuki would “reject” him >>

Kaname: “Can you see it? My horrendous memory?”
    Yuuki: “This man named Kaname is the Kaname I’ve always known … It will be all right. DON’T HOLD BACK … YOU CAN TELL ME EVERYTHING.”

Rido seems like triggering every time his inner fears and darkness …
    So what I’m trying to say is that maybe now he is again in a crossroad and Rido surface again asking the same question over and over >>
    Seiren: “You still have lots of things to do …”
    juliet
    juliet
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Post by juliet Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:31 pm

Juliet,great analysis. You can be right about meaning of words:dying.We can't understand this literally as ending Yuuki's life but she will forgot herself. In previous chapter we could see some premonition of this:
    chapter 41:

and a image of unhappy Yuuki in chain( i can't find now the chapter)

Thank you, I believe that this is a simple and perhaps safe interpretation because even if other interpretations exist as well, it is not contradictory to them; apparently, Kaname cannot capture Yuuki by his side and keep her to himself, he loves her too much for that in order to limit her again inside the safe box, no matter how convenient that would be for his own needs and desires.

Viz how Yuuki meant the start over! (I’m so happy cuz we were right all that long yay! *really trying hard to stop fangirling*

Yes now Yuuki has finally reached the point where she is eager to start over again with him and complete her role in his life> she no longer lingers to her human self, he made clear his history, she accepted that, they can both evolve this relationship into something better. Still Kaname, even knowing that now she is ready for him, decides to go on with his OP.
    Why? Why now that he knows that he can have whatever he wished for, he takes a very different path, a bitter one both for him and for Yuuki? Is Rido’s second phrase a possible answer as to the reasons that drive Kaname to this extend? It could be…

- Metaphorically one interpretation could be that since Yuuki love him so much that blooms only for him with the path he has chosen (to leave her alone) one day she’ll withered >> “vampires can only quench their thirst by drinking the blood of the one they love” (chapter 49) & Yuuki’s wording when Kaito suggests that she could be the only remained PB >> “Only I to remain is also equal to living FOREVER BY MYSELF” (chapter 75).

Yes another possible interpretation, here that highlights Kaname’s priorities. In this case, the interpretation focuses on Kaname going on with his current plan thus would have a later effect to Yuuki that would be left alone> in this interpretation though Kaname’s sacrifice or distance from Yuuki’s life is assumed in order for Yuuki to reach a point where later on she has to live without him or by herself as you also pointed out, I am more inclined in believing though the previous interpretation that I posted before in combination with the second interpretation that you provided, but not excluding and the first one because the sentence right now is also vague and I have also another interpretation later on to give you.

- Literally ... brings on the surface again Kaname’s gut fear of something fatally happening to Yuuki with the path that he knows that Yuuki will follow. And here came to my mind a few Yuuki’s wordings >>

And now if you combine the two we can see that Kaname is blocked>
    If he had captured Yuuki, he would lose her her metaphorically and perhaps literally because eventually he would have to let her go, if he had remained inactive and let her go he would still run the risk of losing her literally> so there is only one way to go.

So here Touma recognizes on Yuuki’s existence a hindrance for the bloody scene that already has started to unfold. Why? Is Yuuki capable to stop the bloodshed?
    In my opinion Touma’s attack verify Kaname’s fears that Yuuki’s path (as she describes it with her thoughts and actions above) will drive her to sacrifice herself in the process >> “I’m frightened that one day you’ll give up your life for something meaningless Yuuki.”

Touma’s attack is a very strong indication, let’s not forget that Yuuki in that scene prefers to protect the peace of the cemetery than protecting herself…
    Yuuki; “Aido Stop! Trade places with me! I’ll handle this. Just stay there, nearby there are people resting peacefully.”

Kaname to Touma; “That girl is too much reckless and naïve. She needed to learn caution…so I’ll call it even with this…

And certainly verifies Kaname’s fear that Yuuki might get involved into something and as he says later to her “you’ll give up your life for something meaningless Yuuki”.

Another example of that sort is of course Shizuka…where Yuuki volunteered to be Shizuka’s slave in order to save both Zero and Kaname.

So he has really no choice has he?

Either by keeping her to his side or releasing her in a world like this and with these intentions, his flowers would wither, scatter or be eaten.
    Therefore all roads lead to Rome> eventually he is blocked from all directions; he has to go on with the fulfillment of his original plan.

So what I’m trying to say is that maybe now he is again in a crossroad and Rido surface again asking the same question over and over >>

I think that one of the things that Kaname was afraid mostly was the way Yuuki’s real brother was killed and finally eaten by Kaname and also the more beastly form that Yuuki would have to face > : “Can you see it? My horrendous memory?” in order to reach the ancestor revelation, along with the revelation that Kaname did not come to reveal it to her sooner.

Either wise his life as an ancestor (at least the part that we saw) had nothing that Kaname could be ashamed for, it was actually the opposite.
    I tend to think that Kaname tends to suppress his vampire self too much…remember his effort to fight his thirst for blood, even in his “ancestor life” and not only in regards to people but in regards of him getting attached to someone (he kept distances and from his own kind preferring living among people).

And also the few relatively times that we have seen him actually drinking blood is only when he goes in great dengths of hunger for Yuuki’s blood as in Ruka’s case where he also used that to distant Yuuki, or when they reached the mansion and he told her that he was afraid of how far he could go hurting her or when taking her blood at the blood bed scene and Yuuki judged from his thirst and his saying that he was acting as such out of desperation and later apologized for that. With this I mean to say that Kaname is hesitant with this side of himself even towards the one he loves and it’s a natural thing among them, perhaps because he feels that Yuuki shall not accept that “self” due to her more sensitive nature.
    The resemblance of the new pureblood Yuuki who has difficulty using her fangs with the ancestor that refused to make an attachment because he thought he could fool his blood thirst and therefore refused to use his fangs also is outstanding, meaning the bottom line is that this vampire nature is difficult for them, they are more human like than vampire like.

I think that Kaname is a great exemption to what we say “a pureblood vampire” and Yuuki also. Rido is apparently attached to him as the “left over dregs of an ugly obsession” as Kaname says and since this is Rido, that’s Rido’s natural way of stating or looking into things, as the representive of the raw pureblood insticts that Kaname continuelsly avoids it.

And another interpretation is the rose symbol that represents Yuuki-Kaname’s love and perhaps this is just Rido warning Kaname that with his current actios and the path he is about to follow that may result in losing Yuuki’s love (thus the rose in the screen).

But as you say Kaname might have also reached a stage where another hard decision in aspects of Yuuki has to been made and therefore Rido comes in because we mainly see him surfacing when Kaname is dealing with his worst fears and if he is afraid something is not really himself but Yuuki’s reaction/refusal towards this. If we combine this with the spoiler where it says that Yuuki learns a revelation, that can be interesting.

LOL do not tell me that I did not cover every aspect of it, haha, your only problem should be what to choose from, I skip this problem with combing different views rather than excluding . Otherwise with so many interpretations and theories I would go nuts here, LOL.

bearcute <3
    bearcute <3
    Level-E
    Level-E

Warning ZoneChapter 76: Scanlation Drops5black

Post by bearcute <3 Sat Oct 29, 2011 7:27 am

juliet wrote:@kara and Knightmare thank you for providing the links to scanlations and also a great thank you to all groups that made so much work there, translating and uploading for the scans to be uploaded...

thanks a lot for the info! you really sound like you try to prove yourself to be a scholarly in this area.
    yeah nice work, really cool.Chapter 76: Scanlation 215456 cheers I love this chapter, it looks like its finally moving the screws in the head. I can say more but the others already covered me.

@juliet and nina

nice work you two, you both sound like scholars !!! I agree. cheers

BY NINA

So we have a clearer picture of how Kaname perceived Yuuki’s restart!!!! Viz how Yuuki meant the start over! (I’m so happy cuz we were right all that long yay! *really trying hard to stop fangirling* Chapter 76: Scanlation 254972 Razz)
    ME TOO!!

Chapter 76: Scanlation 2660116546 my cousin always tell me that the restart was not over because it did not start , and she was right. I like it when dreams come true. Chapter 76: Scanlation 812189494 People just wish yuki to forget kaname but I think is more possible for yuki to forget zero. as now they keep growing apart and zero is content with his job as Yuki's provider (not lover) .
    nina
    nina
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Post by nina Sat Oct 29, 2011 1:57 pm

Juliet wrote: And now if you combine the two we can see that Kaname is blocked> If he had captured Yuuki, he would lose her her metaphorically and perhaps literally because eventually he would have to let her go, if he had remained inactive and let her go he would still run the risk of losing her literally> so there is only one way to go.

I agree and thus the despair … For me Kaname in reality never had a choice to make … the “captured” Yuuki wasn’t an option for him. I think it was a nice way from Hino to depict a crossroad which practically was one-way to go > original plan. But he is also a man in love and Yuuki isn’t a toddler anymore so his erotic desire now is stronger than before thus the decision to leave her behind much more difficult. However Kaname would never put his personal needs and desires above Yuuki …

So he has really no choice has he?
    Either by keeping her to his side or releasing her in a world like this and with these intentions, his flowers would wither, scatter or be eaten.
    Therefore all roads lead to Rome> eventually he is blocked from all directions; he has to go on with the fulfillment of his original plan.

*nodding*

I think that one of the things that Kaname was afraid mostly was the way Yuuki’s real brother was killed and finally eaten by Kaname and also the more beastly form that Yuuki would have to face > : “Can you see it? My horrendous memory?” in order to reach the ancestor revelation, along with the revelation that Kaname did not come to reveal it to her sooner.

Either wise his life as an ancestor (at least the part that we saw) had nothing that Kaname could be ashamed for, it was actually the opposite.

Yes yes yes … The way he awakens from his slumber must be horrifying for him. This is a burden that haunting him despite he wasn’t responsible. However one baby from his kin was sacrificed in exchange for his new life hence he downgrade himself in Rido’s low level when he’s talking to Yuuki afterwards >> “I’m also the same as the one who took your brother’s life away…”. He can’t forgive himself thus he was afraid that Yuuki will feel abhorrence … *sob sob*. But that’s why we love him so much because he is lifting onto his shoulder the burden of the entire world’s ugliness and risen above shining … <3333

But if may I add another reason of why he delayed the revelation of his past … I think it was also because he didn’t want for Yuuki to have time to ask more questions >> there is a part of his past that remains veiled … So I can’t stop wondering if this part has to do with his current action thus it should not be known for some reason …
    Yuuki afterwards naturally wanted to talk with him >> “There are many things I want to talk together by just the two of us…” (chapter 66) >> but there was no time for this … coincidence?

I tend to think that Kaname tends to suppress his vampire self too much…remember his effort to fight his thirst for blood, even in his “ancestor life” and not only in regards to people but in regards of him getting attached to someone (he kept distances and from his own kind preferring living among people).

I think the same way too …
    And especially getting attached to someone … The translation of the official volume 13 doesn’t leave much doubts >>

HW to Kaname: “You think if you never FALL IN LOVE you’ll be able to tame the demon thirst inside you? You’ll never have to aim your FANGS at anyone? Is that what you think? How stupid … You can’t keep this up forever.”

So his way to suppress his vampirism was to stay unattached from any individual … and this is a confirmation of how difficult is for a vampire to suppress its desire for the blood of the loved one>>

And also the few relatively times that we have seen him actually drinking blood is only when he goes in great dengths of hunger for Yuuki’s blood as in Ruka’s case where he also used that to distant Yuuki, or when they reached the mansion and he told her that he was afraid of how far he could go hurting her or when taking her blood at the blood bed scene and Yuuki judged from his thirst and his saying that he was acting as such out of desperation and later apologized for that. With this I mean to say that Kaname is hesitant with this side of himself even towards the one he loves and it’s a natural thing among them, perhaps because he feels that Yuuki shall not accept that “self” due to her more sensitive nature.

Totally agree again! He is in love now so he can’t suppress the natural instincts of his nature as he did in his ancestral times … Thus I said above that when he realized how much Yuuki had grown up (Ruka’s incident) was even more difficult to stay unaffected …

The resemblance of the new pureblood Yuuki who has difficulty using her fangs with the ancestor that refused to make an attachment because he thought he could fool his blood thirst and therefore refused to use his fangs also is outstanding, meaning the bottom line is that this vampire nature is difficult for them, they are more human like than vampire like.

Exactly … the difference though is that Yuuki refused to use her fangs due to her human past while she was craving for his blood >>

“Yuuki you must drink blood USING YOUR OWN FANGS … that beast inside you craves my blood so much …” (chapter 50)

>> she was already in love with him thus her situation was even worst and the thirst was driving her nuts …

And another interpretation is the rose symbol that represents Yuuki-Kaname’s love and perhaps this is just Rido warning Kaname that with his current actios and the path he is about to follow that may result in losing Yuuki’s love (thus the rose in the screen).

Good one! Thus I tend to think that Rido’s wording could have dual meaning synchronously > metaphorically and literally >>

LOL do not tell me that I did not cover every aspect of it, haha, your only problem should be what to choose from, I skip this problem with combing different views rather than excluding .

Haha … you did an excellent job! *applause* . I think so too … the interpretations could combine perfectly and aren’t contradicting to each other XDDDD.

And to advance the topic >>
    If we combine this with the spoiler where it says that Yuuki learns a revelation, that can be interesting.

You’re talking about the preview I suppose which says that in front of shaken Yuuki appears someone?

My mind goes that Yuuki might discover the “caged” woman that appeared in this chapter. This woman I think that is Hanadagi’s servant … we thought that she might was in hunters hands but apparently she was captured by Sara all that long!
    Handagi’s servant >>
    http://www.mangareader.net/vampire-knight/67/19 http://www.mangareader.net/vampire-knight/67/22

The resemblance is huge with the woman in this chapter >>
    http://www.mangareader.net/vampire-knight/76/32

Maybe I’m wrong but I think she is in a closet in Sara’s room!??? (top right panel)>>
    http://www.mangareader.net/vampire-knight/76/29

If so then she is in the academy and Yuuki might discover her and learn that it was Sara who awoken Hanadagi and stole his heart?

And another observation … Jinmou (the hunter with the scar) comments that Yuuki is the only one PB who wields an anti-vampire weapon and seems surprised about it!

1. They don’t know that Kaname is wielding an anti-vampire sword? Kaito was in wonder in the previous chapter as well.

2. Why he wonders about Yuuki’s ability? They don’t know that the Kurans is the only clan that have this ability??

And here comes to my mind that despite the fact that the hunters and the vampires know about the HW involvement in the creation of the anti-vampire weapons they seem to have no clue about Kaname’s contribution as ancestor …

Therefore could these hints leading to the apocalypse that Kaname is an ancestor and the former king? >> what Sara “threatens” to reveal to Yuuki about Kaname?>

“Are you talking about Kaname? If you knew everything what would you do?”
    http://eatmanga.com/index.php/Manga-Scan/Vampire-Knight/Vampire-Knight-076/31.jpg?action=big&size=original

Thank you bearcute … I guess. Though I don’t know how I gave the impression of a scholar since my English is very poor … confused
    Evil in love
    Evil in love
    Level-E
    Level-E

Post by Evil in love Sat Oct 29, 2011 7:05 pm

nina wrote:
    Yes I agree the flower that blooms ONLY for Kaname is Yuuki and it comes as a continuation of the prior panel where is Kaname’s recollection of Yuuki telling him that from now on she wants to start over with him! (chapter 66). So we have a clearer picture of how Kaname perceived Yuuki’s restart!!!! Viz how Yuuki meant the start over! (I’m so happy cuz we were right all that long yay! *really trying hard to stop fangirling* sFun_cheerleader2 Razz)

Now … this is the vague part of Rido’s wording … he meant literally or metaphorically that Yuuki will withered and eventually die?

I’m really divided …

1. As rosaever pointed out previously >>
    Kaname: “I can force you to come with me”
    Yuuki: “If you do that I will never forgive you…”

Yuuki: “I may be a fool but I’ve always taken the path I believed was right … If I stop doing that now I will no longer be myself.”

So we see how determinate was Yuuki to follow her own path opposing to Kaname and she had just “awaken” …

2. After Ouri’s murder >>
    Yuuki: “I need to become more aware of what is going on around me. People becoming victims, becoming sacrifices. I don’t want that happening.” (chapter 56).

3. After Kaname gave to her artemis >>
    Yuuki: “He left this with me (artemis) … probably cuz he wanted to see what I’d do. SOMETHING ONLY I CAN DO.”

“I don’t want PBs creating victims … someone making a victim of someone else I don’t want that. Seeing others lost in misery … I don’t want that. So I will bear the responsibility of ending your life.” (chapter 57)

“I thought about what I … one small existence could do. I thought and I thought…”

“I know I may be making the worst choice possible …
    But I mean to save others from being killed for no good reason! I want to change something, so I have to be the one to act.

“IF I DON’T DO SOMETHING THIS WORLD WILL CONSUME ME” (chapter 58)

4. Touma >>
    “Now listen! The stage is finally getting set for a bloody scene that is much more to my liking. So you get it now? DON’T HAMPER MY ENJOYMENT OF WATCHING THE DRAMA UNFOLD. You are nothing yet but a powerless b!tch so stop butting in!”

Kaname feels “powerless” >> “It’s frustrating isn’t it? Feeling powerless …” >> thus his contradictions >> to break her wings or to set her free to follow her deadly path???

For me his choice to let her free coincide with him taking action (original plan) in order her path not to lead to her death literally.
    But now in the last chapter Yuuki faces a new challenge >> Sara’s tablets >>

Yuuki: “The PBs are trying to bother others against their wills … I’ll never forgive nor allow them to continue to do so … I will stop you…”

Thus Kaname faces again his worst nightmare and Rido is there to remind him that >> “Can you face it like this?” … and squeezing Yuuki to death >> “I know so don’t ask me those questions again and again…”

My interpretation is that back in chapter 59 Rido appeared cuz Kaname was about to make the next step … he had give Yuuki the artemis (hence freedom) and he was torturing about revealing his true identity i.e. that he wasn’t her oniisama but her ancestor >>
    Rido: “How long are you going to continue being the kind big brother? Why are you hesitating? Have you forgotten your true self?”

My feeling is that Kaname was afraid that by revealing his true self (ancestor) and all that happened the night of his awakening Yuuki would “reject” him >>

Kaname: “Can you see it? My horrendous memory?”
    Yuuki: “This man named Kaname is the Kaname I’ve always known … It will be all right. DON’T HOLD BACK … YOU CAN TELL ME EVERYTHING.”

Nina, I love your post, what else can I add more?... cheers ...

I also love the metaphor that Hino described about Yuuki in Kaname's dream.It just reminded us that Kaname's fear isn't gone. This fear makes him start his plan, he is doing now. I think that he can see some premonition. And that's an answer why he's started doing it and we will get other answers next chapter, hope so. I haven't read Soulsnpirates's version even they seem to translate better than Dragonfly.
    caela
    caela
    Vampire Noble Class
    Vampire Noble Class

Humor : quirky

Post by caela Sun Oct 30, 2011 7:55 am

Sorry, I have no insight into Kaname's Rido/Yuuki dream...

well, what I can add to the conversation:

Nina wrote:my mind goes that Yuuki might discover the “caged” woman that appeared in this chapter. This woman I think that is Hanadagi’s servant … we thought that she might was in hunters hands but apparently she was captured by Sara all that long!
    Handagi’s servant >>
    http://www.mangareader.net/vampire-knight/67/19 http://www.mangareader.net/vampire-knight/67/22

The resemblance is huge with the woman in this chapter >>
    http://www.mangareader.net/vampire-knight/76/32

Maybe I’m wrong but I think she is in a closet in Sara’s room!??? (top right panel)>>
    http://www.mangareader.net/vampire-knight/76/29

If so then she is in the academy and Yuuki might discover her and learn that it was Sara who awoken Hanadagi and stole his heart?

And another observation … Jinmou (the hunter with the scar) comments that Yuuki is the only one PB who wields an anti-vampire weapon and seems surprised about it!

1. They don’t know that Kaname is wielding an anti-vampire sword? Kaito was in wonder in the previous chapter as well.

2. Why he wonders about Yuuki’s ability? They don’t know that the Kurans is the only clan that have this ability??

And here comes to my mind that despite the fact that the hunters and the vampires know about the HW involvement in the creation of the anti-vampire weapons they seem to have no clue about Kaname’s contribution as ancestor …

Therefore could these hints leading to the apocalypse that Kaname is an ancestor and the former king? >> what Sara “threatens” to reveal to Yuuki about Kaname?>

“Are you talking about Kaname? If you knew everything what would you do?”
    http://eatmanga.com/index.php/Manga-Scan/Vampire-Knight/Vampire-Knight-076/31.jpg?action=big&size=original

The woman locked in Sara's closet: Vampires can absorb memories and abilities through blood. Caring for this locked up woman is extra effort for what purpose? Why not drink her blood and be done with the bother? Unless this person is a bargaining chip or is needed to be a contact to access something.

Hunter weapons: Kaname's hand blisters black after killing Hanadagi and Aido-dono with the "cursed sword."

Aido-dono to Kaname holding sword: Please release your hold on that cursed weapon. You yourself might not be safe with it. (chapter 67)

Both Kaito and Jinmou hint that AV weapons are unsafe even for Kurans who can hold the weapons. Yuuki seems to have no negative effect to Artemis and seems immune to whatever Kaname is suffering from with the sword.

It does not seem like the Hunters are aware that Kaname is an ancestor.

Kaname seems hesitant to show his full powers through out the story, which would identify him as an ancestor. The only people who know Kaname is an ancestor are: Yuuki, Sara, Takuma, and Zero (through the memories of Ichiru, who heard the Kaname confession with Takuma). It is possible that Aido-dono knew as well.

Sara hinting about Kaname: She knows he is the Kuran ancestor and she was around the five/six years ago when the greatest crime of the purebloods occurred. She would also know how Kaname's first wife died (no one can read a history textbook? This stuff should be common knowledge to vampires and to us!! Yuuki has to study more! Sad ). So, she actually should be able to tell Yuuki ALOT.

juliet
    juliet
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Post by juliet Sun Oct 30, 2011 2:36 pm

The woman locked in Sara's closet: Vampires can absorb memories and abilities through blood. Caring for this locked up woman is extra effort for what purpose? Why not drink her blood and be done with the bother? Unless this person is a bargaining chip or is needed to be a contact to access something.

M...that's very interesting, servants there or guardians seem to host memories of their masters...like Isaya told to his servant that he shall take her blood and the memories that came along, so the guardian seems to have a reason there for surviving? and revealing to Sara Hanadagi secrets? therefore Sara perhaps can know more than what it seems in the first place.
    nina
    nina
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Post by nina Sun Oct 30, 2011 3:19 pm

Evil in love wrote: Nina, I love your post, what else can I add more?...

I also love the metaphor that Hino described about Yuuki in Kaname's dream.It just reminded us that Kaname's fear isn't gone. This fear makes him start his plan, he is doing now. I think that he can see some premonition. And that's an answer why he's started doing it and we will get other answers next chapter, hope so. I haven't read Soulsnpirates's version even they seem to translate better than Dragonfly.

Thank you Evil in love!

I think all these scenes with Kaname and Rido is a nice way from Hino to show to us a piece of Kaname’s state of mind since is a character that doesn’t/can’t share very easy and often his thoughts and emotions with anybody else except Yuuki on a degree. So Rido plays that role … at least this is my feeling.

I read every available scanlation … I think we can have a better grasp of the context if we have at least two versions. XD

caela wrote: The woman locked in Sara's closet: Vampires can absorb memories and abilities through blood. Caring for this locked up woman is extra effort for what purpose? Why not drink her blood and be done with the bother? Unless this person is a bargaining chip or is needed to be a contact to access something.

Yes this is a good question … Sara could make her a submissive puppet, although we don’t know if she already has done it and keeping her imprisoned cuz she doesn’t want to be linked with Hanadagi till now at least.
    But she could also kill her and get rid of a witness … so why she kept her imprisoned? What role Sara is preparing for Hanadagi’s servant?? >>

Juliet wrote: M...that's very interesting, servants there or guardians seem to host memories of their masters...like Isaya told to his servant that he shall take her blood and the memories that came along, so the guardian seems to have a reason there for surviving? and revealing to Sara Hanadagi secrets? therefore Sara perhaps can know more than what it seems in the first place.

Good point! And perhaps part of Hanadagi’s secrets could have a connection with Kaname’s past? >>

caela wrote: Sara hinting about Kaname: She knows he is the Kuran ancestor and she was around the five/six years ago when the greatest crime of the purebloods occurred. She would also know how Kaname's first wife died (no one can read a history textbook? This stuff should be common knowledge to vampires and to us!! Yuuki has to study more! ). So, she actually should be able to tell Yuuki ALOT.

Yes Sara knows that Kaname is an ancestor from Takuma, but for the rest of Kaname’s past (for example how his wife died or who was the female progenitor of Kuran’s clan etc) I think aren’t in the history books … I can’t believe that Yuuki didn’t study about her family’s past and their genealogy … at least this is my impression from the info we have thus far > this part of the Kuran’s past is “sealed” …
    So if Sara knows more about Kaname’s past that shouldn’t be from books but from another source >> could be from Hanadagi’s servant thus and kept her alive to convince Yuuki?

Hunter weapons: Kaname's hand blisters black after killing Hanadagi and Aido-dono with the "cursed sword."

Aido-dono to Kaname holding sword: Please release your hold on that cursed weapon. You yourself might not be safe with it. (chapter 67)

Both Kaito and Jinmou hint that AV weapons are unsafe even for Kurans who can hold the weapons. Yuuki seems to have no negative effect to Artemis and seems immune to whatever Kaname is suffering from with the sword.

Kaname’s “burnt” hand after he killed Hanadagi and Aido-dono for me is still a mystery cuz he had wield the same sword in the past –against Rido- and he didn’t have any side effect. We have also seen him with artemis in a battle field and with the Bloody rose to touch his forehead again with no side effects.
    http://www.mangareader.net/104-57201-21/vampire-knight/chapter-64.html http://www.mangareader.net/104-57201-22/vampire-knight/chapter-64.html
    http://www.mangareader.net/104-57201-24/vampire-knight/chapter-64.html

Note that the two weapons were on their full form > artemis as a scythe and the BR with veins …

So this is contradictory IMO.
    Knightmare
    Knightmare
    Common Vampire
    Common Vampire

Humor : Satirical

Post by Knightmare Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:58 pm

nina wrote:
    Kaname’s “burnt” hand after he killed Hanadagi and Aido-dono for me is still a mystery cuz he had wield the same sword in the past –against Rido- and he didn’t have any side effect. We have also seen him with artemis in a battle field and with the Bloody rose to touch his forehead again with no side effects.
    http://www.mangareader.net/104-57201-21/vampire-knight/chapter-64.html http://www.mangareader.net/104-57201-22/vampire-knight/chapter-64.html
    http://www.mangareader.net/104-57201-24/vampire-knight/chapter-64.html

Note that the two weapons were on their full form > artemis as a scythe and the BR with veins …

So this is contradictory IMO.

Kaname held the sword for about 5 seconds against rido, he was holding it in 67 a looooot longer, he came in wielding it and killed hanadagi, had a conversation with aido and then killed aido and then turned it and himself into bats and rejoined ruka and kain still holding it with a very burnt hand.

what i'd like to know, is how the heck he turned the av sword into a bat? i love it when magic makes no sense.

as for the artemis- i reckon each av accepts the vampire wielder or even maybe can change its mind since it chooses to accept or reject at least that is what i got from 41 when artemis started out rejecting yuuki

i don't get your question. kaito knows kaname wields an av sword, he just wonders how long kaname can use it unharmed. i just wonder why he thinks it will eventually harm kaname if he's already wielding it unharmed.
    nina
    nina
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Post by nina Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:34 am

knightmare wrote: Kaname held the sword for about 5 seconds against rido, he was holding it in 67 a looooot longer, he came in wielding it and killed hanadagi, had a conversation with aido and then killed aido and then turned it and himself into bats and rejoined ruka and kain still holding it with a very burnt hand.

If the amount of time that Kaname holds the sword was the factor to be turned his hand pitch black then isn’t supported from the row of the events >>

1. He kills Hanadagi and his hand has a small effect >>
    http://www.mangareader.net/vampire-knight/67/31

2. He talks with Aido-dono (for a couple of minutes I guess) while holding that sword and the effect on his hand is still very small >>
    http://www.mangareader.net/vampire-knight/67/33

3. When he is lifting his hand to kill Aido his hand isn’t totally burnt >>
    http://www.mangareader.net/vampire-knight/67/35

4. But seconds later when he meets Ruka and Kain his hand was turned pitch black.
    http://www.mangareader.net/vampire-knight/68/2

I suppose the gap that he was holding that sword from the moment he killed Hanadagi till he kills Aido was bigger than the time he needed to fly in bats form outside and met Ruka …
    So why his hand turned black in a few seconds? The time factor as an explanation for this side effect has a loophole in my opinion …

But either way your explanation doesn’t answer to the other scans that I’ve provide with Kaname holding Artemis and touching the BR on his forehead in their full form on a battle field > which mean he had used these weapons in the war … I suppose the amount of time for a battle would be much longer than the scene with Hanadgi and Aido …

i don't get your question. kaito knows kaname wields an av sword, he just wonders how long kaname can use it unharmed. i just wonder why he thinks it will eventually harm kaname if he's already wielding it unharmed.

I had the wrong impression that Kaito was wondering about that sword …

Actually what he says is >>

“I don’t know that guy’s (Kaname’s) purpose and how far will he wield that hunter’s sword and remain calm … But without doubt you (Yuuki) will not be extinguished …”

So he isn’t wondering how long can Kaname wield that sword unharmed but how far he’ll go with the killings >> he’ll kill all the PBs; thus and continued saying to Yuuki that she won’t be extinguished.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:19 pm