Vampire Knight & Manga Forum

In order to fully enjoy the board and it's function, you can always log in or sign up to an account. Thank you...

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

In order to fully enjoy the board and it's function, you can always log in or sign up to an account. Thank you...

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Α forum dedicated to Hino's Matsuri best-seller manga Vampire Knight and the manga we love

Gallery

Chapter 76: Scanlation - Page 2 Empty

Latest topics

» Do you trust Hino?
Chapter 76: Scanlation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2022 12:37 am by juliet

» Our Kaname is here!! Vampire Knight memories chapter 38
Chapter 76: Scanlation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2022 12:35 am by juliet

» Vampire knight Memories 38
Chapter 76: Scanlation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2022 4:18 am by juliet

» Where to Find Vampire Knight Memories Translation
Chapter 76: Scanlation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2022 1:29 am by juliet

» The Final Countdown
Chapter 76: Scanlation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2022 11:43 pm by juliet

» New VK Chapter is HERE!
Chapter 76: Scanlation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 11, 2017 7:42 am by lililovelilica

» Links for Other Vampire Knight Forums and Sites that you like and enjoy!!
Chapter 76: Scanlation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2016 7:25 pm by Saphira_K

» VK Memories CH 6!
Chapter 76: Scanlation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2016 6:13 pm by Saphira_K

» VK Memories
Chapter 76: Scanlation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2016 5:59 pm by Saphira_K

» New VK Chapter SPOILERS!
Chapter 76: Scanlation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2016 5:47 pm by Saphira_K

» New VK Bonus Ch!!
Chapter 76: Scanlation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2015 12:53 am by Saphira_K

» Translation of 'Fleeting Dreams'
Chapter 76: Scanlation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2015 2:20 am by Saphira_K

» Bunko Editions
Chapter 76: Scanlation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2015 2:18 am by Saphira_K

» New Vampire knight Extra
Chapter 76: Scanlation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2015 2:15 am by Saphira_K

» The Musical (Original and Revive)
Chapter 76: Scanlation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2015 2:40 am by Dreamiel

» NEW CHAPTER IN 2015?
Chapter 76: Scanlation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2015 12:16 am by Unknown00

» Newbie in the forum...
Chapter 76: Scanlation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2015 7:13 pm by aisan4494

» Who do you think Yuki loves more: Kaname or Zero?
Chapter 76: Scanlation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2015 7:09 pm by aisan4494

» Zeki or Yume?
Chapter 76: Scanlation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2015 7:04 pm by aisan4494

» So What will happen of Kaname?
Chapter 76: Scanlation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2015 6:25 pm by matei alina

We and the Youtube

Poll

would you like to read a sequel of vk?or is hino thinking of writing one?
Chapter 76: Scanlation - Page 2 Bar_left59%Chapter 76: Scanlation - Page 2 Bar_right 59% [ 24 ]
Chapter 76: Scanlation - Page 2 Bar_left27%Chapter 76: Scanlation - Page 2 Bar_right 27% [ 11 ]
Chapter 76: Scanlation - Page 2 Bar_left15%Chapter 76: Scanlation - Page 2 Bar_right 15% [ 6 ]

Total Votes : 41

Friends

Terry Candy

+16
caela
bearcute <3
libra
Youweremysafeplace*
juliet
Anneliezz
Knightmare
rosaever
aya-chan
Divine Rose
VampireCythia
Katherine
Maeko
Evil in love
nina
Kara
20 posters

Chapter 76: Scanlation

Kara
    Kara
    Common Vampire
    Common Vampire

Humor : A divine combination of irony and innuendo ;)
    Warning ZoneChapter 76: Scanlation - Page 2 Dropsoa

Chapter 76: Scanlation - Page 2 Empty Chapter 76: Scanlation

Post by Kara Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:55 pm

First topic message reminder :

...is now on Mangareader.net, here:

http://www.mangareader.net/vampire-knight/76/2

Smile

nina
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Chapter 76: Scanlation - Page 2 Empty Re: Chapter 76: Scanlation

Post by nina Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:34 am

knightmare wrote: Kaname held the sword for about 5 seconds against rido, he was holding it in 67 a looooot longer, he came in wielding it and killed hanadagi, had a conversation with aido and then killed aido and then turned it and himself into bats and rejoined ruka and kain still holding it with a very burnt hand.

If the amount of time that Kaname holds the sword was the factor to be turned his hand pitch black then isn’t supported from the row of the events >>

1. He kills Hanadagi and his hand has a small effect >>
    http://www.mangareader.net/vampire-knight/67/31

2. He talks with Aido-dono (for a couple of minutes I guess) while holding that sword and the effect on his hand is still very small >>
    http://www.mangareader.net/vampire-knight/67/33

3. When he is lifting his hand to kill Aido his hand isn’t totally burnt >>
    http://www.mangareader.net/vampire-knight/67/35

4. But seconds later when he meets Ruka and Kain his hand was turned pitch black.
    http://www.mangareader.net/vampire-knight/68/2

I suppose the gap that he was holding that sword from the moment he killed Hanadagi till he kills Aido was bigger than the time he needed to fly in bats form outside and met Ruka …
    So why his hand turned black in a few seconds? The time factor as an explanation for this side effect has a loophole in my opinion …

But either way your explanation doesn’t answer to the other scans that I’ve provide with Kaname holding Artemis and touching the BR on his forehead in their full form on a battle field > which mean he had used these weapons in the war … I suppose the amount of time for a battle would be much longer than the scene with Hanadgi and Aido …

i don't get your question. kaito knows kaname wields an av sword, he just wonders how long kaname can use it unharmed. i just wonder why he thinks it will eventually harm kaname if he's already wielding it unharmed.

I had the wrong impression that Kaito was wondering about that sword …

Actually what he says is >>

“I don’t know that guy’s (Kaname’s) purpose and how far will he wield that hunter’s sword and remain calm … But without doubt you (Yuuki) will not be extinguished …”

So he isn’t wondering how long can Kaname wield that sword unharmed but how far he’ll go with the killings >> he’ll kill all the PBs; thus and continued saying to Yuuki that she won’t be extinguished.

caela
    caela
    Vampire Noble Class
    Vampire Noble Class

Humor : quirky

Post by caela Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:43 am

(@Nina/Juliet: If Sara is trying to use Kaname's past (hanadagi's servant) as a way to get Yuuki on her side...the stuff the servant knows better be very juicy....otherwise that plan won't work. I won't speculate further because I have no more evidence to base a guess on.)

Evil in love wrote:
    nina wrote:
    Yes I agree the flower that blooms ONLY for Kaname is Yuuki and it comes as a continuation of the prior panel where is Kaname’s recollection of Yuuki telling him that from now on she wants to start over with him! (chapter 66). So we have a clearer picture of how Kaname perceived Yuuki’s restart!!!! Viz how Yuuki meant the start over! (I’m so happy cuz we were right all that long yay! *really trying hard to stop fangirling* sFun_cheerleader2 Razz)

Now … this is the vague part of Rido’s wording … he meant literally or metaphorically that Yuuki will withered and eventually die?

I’m really divided …

- Metaphorically one interpretation could be that since Yuuki love him so much that blooms only for him with the path he has chosen (to leave her alone) one day she’ll withered >> “vampires can only quench their thirst by drinking the blood of the one they love” (chapter 49) & Yuuki’s wording when Kaito suggests that she could be the only remained PB >> “Only I to remain is also equal to living FOREVER BY MYSELF” (chapter 75).

- Literally ... brings on the surface again Kaname’s gut fear of something fatally happening to Yuuki with the path that he knows that Yuuki will follow. And here came to my mind a few Yuuki’s wordings >>

1. As rosaever pointed out previously >>
    Kaname: “I can force you to come with me”
    Yuuki: “If you do that I will never forgive you…”
    http://www.mangareader.net/104-2167-19/vampire-knight/chapter-41.html

Yuuki: “I may be a fool but I’ve always taken the path I believed was right … If I stop doing that now I will no longer be myself.”
    http://www.mangareader.net/104-2167-22/vampire-knight/chapter-41.html

So we see how determinate was Yuuki to follow her own path opposing to Kaname and she had just “awaken” …

2. After Ouri’s murder >>
    Yuuki: “I need to become more aware of what is going on around me. People becoming victims, becoming sacrifices. I don’t want that happening.” (chapter 56).

3. After Kaname gave to her artemis >>
    Yuuki: “He left this with me (artemis) … probably cuz he wanted to see what I’d do. SOMETHING ONLY I CAN DO.”

“I don’t want PBs creating victims … someone making a victim of someone else I don’t want that. Seeing others lost in misery … I don’t want that. So I will bear the responsibility of ending your life.” (chapter 57)

“I thought about what I … one small existence could do. I thought and I thought…”

“I know I may be making the worst choice possible …
    But I mean to save others from being killed for no good reason! I want to change something, so I have to be the one to act.

“IF I DON’T DO SOMETHING THIS WORLD WILL CONSUME ME” (chapter 58)

4. Touma >>
    “Now listen! The stage is finally getting set for a bloody scene that is much more to my liking. So you get it now? DON’T HAMPER MY ENJOYMENT OF WATCHING THE DRAMA UNFOLD. You are nothing yet but a powerless b!tch so stop butting in!”

So here Touma recognizes on Yuuki’s existence a hindrance for the bloody scene that already has started to unfold. Why? Is Yuuki capable to stop the bloodshed?
    In my opinion Touma’s attack verify Kaname’s fears that Yuuki’s path (as she describes it with her thoughts and actions above) will drive her to sacrifice herself in the process >> “I’m frightened that one day you’ll give up your life for something meaningless Yuuki.”

Kaname feels “powerless” >> “It’s frustrating isn’t it? Feeling powerless …” >> thus his contradictions >> to break her wings or to set her free to follow her deadly path???

For me his choice to let her free coincide with him taking action (original plan) in order her path not to lead to her death literally.
    But now in the last chapter Yuuki faces a new challenge >> Sara’s tablets >>

Yuuki: “The PBs are trying to bother others against their wills … I’ll never forgive nor allow them to continue to do so … I will stop you…”

Thus Kaname faces again his worst nightmare and Rido is there to remind him that >> “Can you face it like this?” … and squeezing Yuuki to death >> “I know so don’t ask me those questions again and again…”

And according to my opinion Rido symbolizes the true vampire self that eventually all vampires have- and as we know it is full of raw instincts and with this "self" Rido is taunting Kaname back in chapter 59, where Rido says to Kaname "Why are you hesitating? Have you forgotten your true self?".

My interpretation is that back in chapter 59 Rido appeared cuz Kaname was about to make the next step … he had give Yuuki the artemis (hence freedom) and he was torturing about revealing his true identity i.e. that he wasn’t her oniisama but her ancestor >>
    Rido: “How long are you going to continue being the kind big brother? Why are you hesitating? Have you forgotten your true self?”

My feeling is that Kaname was afraid that by revealing his true self (ancestor) and all that happened the night of his awakening Yuuki would “reject” him >>

Kaname: “Can you see it? My horrendous memory?”
    Yuuki: “This man named Kaname is the Kaname I’ve always known … It will be all right. DON’T HOLD BACK … YOU CAN TELL ME EVERYTHING.”

Rido seems like triggering every time his inner fears and darkness …
    So what I’m trying to say is that maybe now he is again in a crossroad and Rido surface again asking the same question over and over >>
    Seiren: “You still have lots of things to do …”

Nina, I love your post, what else can I add more?... cheers ...

I also love the metaphor that Hino described about Yuuki in Kaname's dream.It just reminded us that Kaname's fear isn't gone. This fear makes him start his plan, he is doing now. I think that he can see some premonition. And that's an answer why he's started doing it and we will get other answers next chapter, hope so. I haven't read Soulsnpirates's version even they seem to translate better than Dragonfly.

The flower that only blooms for Kaname but will wither and die...

This sentence of Rido's probably has multiple meanings at the same time...the love idea is possible (I just can't agree to it on principle because I'm a Zeki Cool .)

One possible meaning:
    In a vampire sense, Yuuki has already bloomed only for Kaname: Her transition from human to pureblood vampire. She regained her memories and her vampire powers. Kaname was the one who woke her, so the relationship should be a blood-bond like that between Zero/Shizuka or Kaname/Rido.

The withering and dying: threee possibilities (maybe more...)

(1) Maybe Kaname could have prevented in the death of his first wife (This time I'll protect this warmth...?). I get the impression that Kaname's guilt from death of his wife affect how he treats Yuuki. The circumstances are similar between now and then (He even tells the vampire counsel that they have not changed since before he went to sleep...and then he kills them all), so history can repeat itself.

(2) Yuuki at her full powers means that she will not be able to live eternally. She could be a special exception among purebloods: without special protections she will have a naturally short lifespan (like the resin rose).

(3) Yuuki's previous incarnation was a HUGE risk taker who would sacrifice herself for others (something Kaname hinted at, I'm too lazy to look this up).

This theme of sacrifice reminds me of something(chapter 65):

Aido-dono said: We seem so cruel and hesitant to sacrifice even one for the greater good...
    Kaname: If you are talking about the counsel, I've got nothing to say, they've got what they deserved.
    Aido-dono: No, something even earlier, something that happened a little before Shizuka went missing, you witnessed the most sinful crime in the history of purebloods.

Makes you wonder who was sacrificed and for what cause...and if so the perpetrators of the sinful crime in the history of purebloods might have a new victim: Yuuki

Whatever Kaname knows about Yuuki's dark future, he is trying to stop with his seemingly random killings of purebloods. Also with the execution of Aido-dono...Rido's repeated asking over and over means that Kaname is as of yet unsure if his own plans for Yuuki will work....or Kaname needs to really become an evil villain to accomplish the rest of his objectives, and is unsure that he is capable of being that person. Deep down, Kaname is a tender-hearted guy, but some actions, once done, change you forever.

And you can never be the same again. (dun, dun, dun)

(these are all guesses...It was fun writing them...not real predictions)
    juliet
    juliet
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Humor : Anytime...

Post by juliet Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:41 am

Yes Sara knows that Kaname is an ancestor from Takuma, but for the rest of Kaname’s past (for example how his wife died or who was the female progenitor of Kuran’s clan etc) I think aren’t in the history books … I can’t believe that Yuuki didn’t study about her family’s past and their genealogy … at least this is my impression from the info we have thus far > this part of the Kuran’s past is “sealed” …
    So if Sara knows more about Kaname’s past that shouldn’t be from books but from another source >> could be from Hanadagi’s servant thus and kept her alive to convince Yuuki?

Highly possible, the guardian is the only witness that remains for Sara to keep her there, there must be a good reason. I will fully agree it's a very high possibility there that what Sara has to reveal (among others) can be from her Hanadagi's database...

This sentence of Rido's probably has multiple meanings at the same time...the love idea is possible (I just can't agree to it on principle because I'm a Zeki

Ah Zeki, zeki, but we did get "the flower that only blooms for you" so...come on gives the credit there...LOL

Whatever Kaname knows about Yuuki's dark future, he is trying to stop with his seemingly random killings of purebloods. Also with the execution of Aido-dono...Rido's repeated asking over and over means that Kaname is as of yet unsure if his own plans for Yuuki will work....or Kaname needs to really become an evil villain to accomplish the rest of his objectives, and is unsure that he is capable of being that person. Deep down, Kaname is a tender-hearted guy, but some actions, once done, change you forever.

Its also very possible that Kaname's OP connects back with the ancestor and her words to him; read this if you have not its from the official volume and I had posted it also in "Kaname's plan is heading where thread?"

"The only way to stop more servants from being created is to destroy the source, Then we'll do something about the servants who have lost their masters. I don't relish destroying our kind after I searched them out...I am sorry asking you to do such an unpleasant job, forgive me Kaname.

A little earlier she had said; " I'm worried these are those who are creating "servants" indiscriminately. There's no need for so many of them....and the servants need blood to sustain themselves. I have a bad feeling about this. THEY SAY IT"S WHAT BOTH SIDES WANT...BUT.."

Two important facts here;
    1. HW Plan included to exterminate or eliminate purebloods that changed people despite that seemed to appear what both sides wanted...
    2. BUT she had no intention to exterminate ALL purebloods, as she said she had gone into great trouble finding them.

So we know that Kaname in reality did not (in the past) eliminate all the purebloods that were changing people either with people's consent or no...

For the ages that Kaname lived these kind of purebloods did not appear again and rested without challenging his views on the subject;

Since Kaname says that he hesitated executing his OP, then something must have made him change his view on the matter or made him postpone this decision....

It seems that now though he is blocked due to Yuuki's nature that wants to serve the good against the true wishes of the purebloods (as Touma is an indicator of that sort, Rido was another, Sara is the real embodiment of these ancient threats, Hio's gave Shizuka away) and he is afraid of a very close repetition of his past> whatever that might be that forced him to go in despair...

the "sacrifice" pattern as you suggest is continuously repeated making us asking what causes such a certainty?

just points that I wanted to join in the discussion. And also some guesses here for the sake of the conversation;

Kaname is a hard on himself; and he is afraid breaking the "gentle vampire" image that Yuuki had for him> he says so when killing the council "I am sorry Yuuki"...

So yes I also believe that his actions can make him worry and feel that he will lose Yuuki's love forever with the path that he has taken;

that eventually would lead him in not wanting to live anymore and he knows that in such a case, he is the one bringing or causing this to himself; so Kaname's path unfolds to be lonely and bitter and seems to be guided by a great necessity that currently Hino suggests but does not expose.

But is Hino going to let him fall or going to present him as un unforgivable? and that much unworthy due to crimes...currently there seems that many points are made against him from all directions but if that was the case, I wonder if Yuuki would be brought up with the initial dilemma from Aido-dono if she could stop/prevent Kaname.

What I think that Yuuki will prevent Kaname from is himself and the doom he is ready to bring to his own path; because as with Zero's case in the first arc, there has to be an alternative.

caela
    caela
    Vampire Noble Class
    Vampire Noble Class

Humor : quirky

Post by caela Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:44 am

juliet wrote:
    Yes Sara knows that Kaname is an ancestor from Takuma, but for the rest of Kaname’s past (for example how his wife died or who was the female progenitor of Kuran’s clan etc) I think aren’t in the history books … I can’t believe that Yuuki didn’t study about her family’s past and their genealogy … at least this is my impression from the info we have thus far > this part of the Kuran’s past is “sealed” …
    So if Sara knows more about Kaname’s past that shouldn’t be from books but from another source >> could be from Hanadagi’s servant thus and kept her alive to convince Yuuki?

Highly possible, the guardian is the only witness that remains for Sara to keep her there, there must be a good reason. I will fully agree it's a very high possibility there that what Sara has to reveal (among others) can be from her Hanadagi's database...

This sentence of Rido's probably has multiple meanings at the same time...the love idea is possible (I just can't agree to it on principle because I'm a Zeki

Ah Zeki, zeki, but we did get "the flower that only blooms for you" so...come on gives the credit there...LOL

Its also very possible that Kaname's OP connects back with the ancestor and her words to him; read this if you have not its from the official volume and I had posted it also in "Kaname's plan is heading where thread?"

"The only way to stop more servants from being created is to destroy the source, Then we'll do something about the servants who have lost their masters. I don't relish destroying our kind after I searched them out...I am sorry asking you to do such an unpleasant job, forgive me Kaname.

A little earlier she had said; " I'm worried these are those who are creating "servants" indiscriminately. There's no need for so many of them....and the servants need blood to sustain themselves. I have a bad feeling about this. THEY SAY IT"S WHAT BOTH SIDES WANT...BUT.."

Two important facts here;
    1. HW Plan included to exterminate or eliminate purebloods that changed people despite that seemed to appear what both sides wanted...
    2. BUT she had no intention to exterminate ALL purebloods, as she said she had gone into great trouble finding them.

So we know that Kaname in reality did not (in the past) eliminate all the purebloods that were changing people either with people's consent or no...

For the ages that Kaname lived these kind of purebloods did not appear again and rested without challenging his views on the subject;

Since Kaname says that he hesitated executing his OP, then something must have made him change his view on the matter or made him postpone this decision....

It seems that now though he is blocked due to Yuuki's nature that wants to serve the good against the true wishes of the purebloods (as Touma is an indicator of that sort, Rido was another, Sara is the real embodiment of these ancient threats, Hio's gave Shizuka away) and he is afraid of a very close repetition of his past> whatever that might be that forced him to go in despair...

the "sacrifice" pattern as you suggest is continuously repeated making us asking what causes such a certainty?

just points that I wanted to join in the discussion. And also some guesses here for the sake of the conversation;

Kaname is a hard on himself; and he is afraid breaking the "gentle vampire" image that Yuuki had for him> he says so when killing the council "I am sorry Yuuki"...

So yes I also believe that his actions can make him worry and feel that he will lose Yuuki's love forever with the path that he has taken;

that eventually would lead him in not wanting to live anymore and he knows that in such a case, he is the one bringing or causing this to himself; so Kaname's path unfolds to be lonely and bitter and seems to be guided by a great necessity that currently Hino suggests but does not expose.

But is Hino going to let [Kaname] fall or going to present him as un unforgivable? and that much unworthy due to crimes...currently there seems that many points are made against him from all directions but if that was the case, I wonder if Yuuki would be brought up with the initial dilemma from Aido-dono if she could stop/prevent Kaname.

What I think that Yuuki will prevent Kaname from is himself and the doom he is ready to bring to his own path; because as with Zero's case in the first arc, there has to be an alternative.

Personally, I think that Aido-dono's action (of asking if Yuuki could stop Kaname) showed that Aido-dono knew too much of Kaname's plans, which plus being at Hanadagi's castle (knowing yet another Kaname plan), made Aido-dono someone who had to be killed, or Kaname risked someone else finding out his plans.

Judging Kaname: He already killed the entire vampire counsel. I don't have enough imagination to guess what could be worse than that. If there is worse possible, we fans are in for a thrill ride.

Yuuki's standard for judging Kaname is her goal of co-existance (also a part of the reason she and Zero are not getting along right now). If Kaname's actions are justified by the end result...he might be forgiven. For his sake, he should not get his hands too dirty though...

On Yuuki saving Kaname:

Yuuki's personality is bullheaded: once in awhile, she might get sly and lie, but for the most part, she chooses to approach problems in a direct manner (meaning she is not as versatile as Kaname). If she wants to stop Kaname (without his cooperation), she might be limited to doing that self sacrifice that Kaname is trying to prevent.

Ideally, they would plan together what the next steps should be. That would depend on Yuuki getting the opportunity to talk to Kaname, which would depend on her being even more like Kaname than she is now: she needs to be a mastermind to even get that chance to speak to him. I expect he will be actively avoiding her (stumbling block?). She also has been blind to too many elements of the story for too long: Not trusting that Kaname didn't kill Ouri, not distrusting Sara, Kaname's and Zero's feelings for her, Kaname being an ancestor..etc. Then she might possibly be that mastermind. Well, she needs to survive Sara first...
    shizza24
    shizza24
    Vampire Noble Class
    Vampire Noble Class

Post by shizza24 Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:39 am

Ok so Mousou Scans have just published their version of the VK 76 scanlation and some of the dialogues are translated differently.

Chapter 76: Scanlation - Page 2 Vk7618

Chapter 76: Scanlation - Page 2 Vk7619

Yuuki is not referring to Zero but Kaname when she makes her comment. Like Kaname would want her to think that way. I think it makes much more sense that way.

Chapter 76: Scanlation - Page 2 Vk7620

I had a friend confirm this "slap" line from her japanese teacher and he reconfirmed it so I think the translation is more reliable. I have heard that the chinese scanlators mistook the idiom she is using here and hence the difference in the two translations. Well that's what I heard at least.

juliet
    juliet
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Post by juliet Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:32 am

Thank you Shizza!

what can i say after all the slapping theory is official... rofl and i love it!! it shows how much she cares...and also that she is not willing to let him go. Can that be now the reason that Zero pulls her closer? Perhaps he did not expected to show such an "interesting" answer? Yuuki has no intention to let go!!
    shizza24
    shizza24
    Vampire Noble Class
    Vampire Noble Class

Post by shizza24 Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:29 am

juliet wrote:Thank you Shizza!

what can i say after all the slapping theory is official... rofl and i love it!! it shows how much she cares...and also that she is not willing to let him go. Can that be now the reason that Zero pulls her closer? Perhaps he did not expected to show such an "interesting" answer? Yuuki has no intention to let go!!

haha your welcome Smile

Well Yuuki uses an idiom here so she doesn't literally means she'll slap him lol it's kinda figurative as in she'll stop him or something along those lines. But yes she is determined to face Kaname that much is certain.

And lol Zero is surprised that Yuuki is capable of using idioms rofl rofl
    Guess Aidou's hardwork in teaching her did rub off rofl
    sweetsolace
    sweetsolace
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Humor : look in the mirror, you'll love it~ ;)
    Warning ZoneChapter 76: Scanlation - Page 2 Drops5black

Post by sweetsolace Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:52 am

shizza24 wrote:Ok so Mousou Scans have just published their version of the VK 76 scanlation and some of the dialogues are translated differently.

Yuuki is not referring to Zero but Kaname when she makes her comment. Like Kaname would want her to think that way. I think it makes much more sense that way.

I had a friend confirm this "slap" line from her japanese teacher and he reconfirmed it so I think the translation is more reliable. I have heard that the chinese scanlators mistook the idiom she is using here and hence the difference in the two translations. Well that's what I heard at least.

nice line. Smile

I love that Yuki is stepping up to defend herself. IMO, I see that line as a way of telling him and others that she won't take crap from him, and she won't have him treating her like trash. if kaname gets it, he deserves it. About time to prove to others and Kaname that she's not a "take it all in and swallow" girl. And obviously she's not "BEING BLIND" to Kaname. (Zero, I'm looking at you Razz)
    shizza24
    shizza24
    Vampire Noble Class
    Vampire Noble Class

Post by shizza24 Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:12 am

Yeah I agree, Yuuki is finally regaining some of her strength as a character. Her stance does put her in a positive light. She's finally quitting her lifeless doll mode and springing back into action
    mariangie
    mariangie
    Pureblood Vampire
    Pureblood Vampire

Humor : Mad Doctor

Post by mariangie Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:50 am

shizza24 wrote:Ok so Mousou Scans have just published their version of the VK 76 scanlation and some of the dialogues are translated differently.

Re: Yuuki killing kaname
    by mariangie on Wed Nov 02, 2011 1:35 pm

After all this slapping . A V. K. prediction based in the past posts " evidence ".

"I see a slapping from Yuuki to Kaname in my mirror ball ."

Yuuki found Kaname . Slap him hard . Called him "Baka " / stupid Kaname . Throw into his arms . Kiss him hard .

Kaname gets being slap by Yuuki as main course .

HA ! HA ! rofl rofl rofl

I knew it ! Chapter 76: Scanlation - Page 2 2555855207

Yuuki will slap Kaname ! Chapter 76: Scanlation - Page 2 1547219295

I'm good or not ! geek

Actually is funny Hino - sensei likes slapping so much . sFun_thbpbpthpt After Hanabusa getting his share of slaps from Kaname . Kaname will be the one to be slap by Yuuki . Wonderful ! sFun_crazybat

What do you expect ! Chapter 76: Scanlation - Page 2 1098764838 Yuuki saying at the moment of meeting Kaname again :" Hi , Kaname . I miss you . I love you . Make me love here and now ! I forget everything . Let's go home ! To make a ton of babies ! " Chapter 76: Scanlation - Page 2 230346397 Chapter 76: Scanlation - Page 2 778471282

In a more serious note :

No matter the translation of this scene has changed . What I said about the important facts from the last few chapters had not changed .

"Yuuki believes in Kaname no matter what . "

" Yuuki will look for Kaname when she has the opportunity . "

That Yuuki said she will slap Kaname 1 , 2 , 3 times don't change these facts .

In reality , I expected Yuuki to really wanting to slap Kaname when she met him again . Because Kaname left her without any explanation . He didn't said to Yuuki why he left her after . Nor why he is acting the way he is now with as a rogue pureblood . Of course Yuuki is mad for Kaname leaving her without any explanation . Want answers . That's very normal reaction for a girl who cares about the guy she likes . If I was Yuuki , I will be the first one to slap Kaname at the moment I met him again . Yuuki would be mad because of Kaname's actions . But that doesn't mean she now doesn't love Kaname .

Slapping is an indicative of extreme emotions . Yuuki would not slap anybody she doesn't have a strong emotion with . She would slap someone she hates a lot or / and cares / loves a lot . But both emotions are not mutually exclusive . Yuuki hates what Kaname is doing . She hates Kaname had leave her without a good reason for doing so . But at the same time , she loves him so much . To care for him . To believe in him after knowing all the things of the past few months . Desiring to look for him . To get the answers she needs .

juliet
    juliet
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Post by juliet Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:49 am

Slapping is an indicative of extreme emotions . Yuuki would not slap anybody she doesn't have a strong emotion with . She would slap someone she hates a lot or / and cares / loves a lot . But both emotions are not mutually exclusive . Yuuki hates what Kaname is doing . She hates Kaname had leave her without a good reason for doing so . But at the same time , she loves him so much . To care for him . To believe in him after knowing all the things of the past few months . Desiring to look for him . To get the answers she needs .

I agree its her way to show how much she cares and also worries and of course she can be mad at him, not only for suddenly changing all of their lives, but also about the doom he is doing to himself; and that's another point that Yuuki already has stated that she is angry with. So it's very logical to want to express her emotions and also to show her interest and her bitterness.. even if she never slaps Kaname because as Shizza pointed out Yuuki...

uses an idiom here so she doesn't literally means she'll slap him lol it's kinda figurative as in she'll stop him or something along those lines.

but that shows to Zero the fact that she cares about Kaname's whole being, actions and attitude and is also a very good point that seems to defy the theory that Yuuki right now does not feel "equal" to Kaname. She feels confident enough to judge him, doubt him and even punish him Razz , because despite all these, she still trusts him and loves him.
    nina
    nina
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Humor : Black sarcasm

Post by nina Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:21 pm

Thank you Shizza for posting this scanlation!!!!! cheers bounce bounce bounce

Oh I love Yuuki even more now!!!! Go my girl! Chapter 76: Scanlation - Page 2 M208

Haha Maria yes you are good! *applause* sFun_cheerleader2 You gave an accurate insight long before the translation … we had a good laugh about Yuuki's slapping session on Kaname rofl rofl rofl

Ok in serious mode. What can I say more ... I pretty much agree with you all here. Chapter 76: Scanlation - Page 2 4150079169

1. If Yuuki is indeed referring to Kaname with this line >> “I’ve enough with of dealing with that person’s games … I guess that’s what he thought I’d think…”
    >> then we can pretty much confirm that Yuuki saw through Kaname’s lie and his intention with that message i.e. to disappoint her and make her stay at the academy << not go after him. ( Really still can believe it! Yuuki surprised me so positive this time wow! I think I should start giving her more credit from now on haha)

2. If so then it ties up with her anger/irritation (as we had interpreted it) and her wording that she wants to slap Kaname! (Ah … go Yuuki and give him a slap from me too!!!! In one thing Kaname was right … she indeed woke up!)
    Because now she sees that Kaname not only doesn’t care if the whole world suspects him but he even seeks/aims for it to the extent of using lies!
    Yuuki reacts FINALLY … and she reacts like every woman in love! I guess now she actually sees him as equal thus she isn’t willing to “eat” that cr@p! (I can’t wait for a slapping kissing reunion awe! ><)
    Though it’s not exactly the first time that Yuuki will do something like that haha… She punched his bats when he was teasing her and didn’t let her go off the house >>
    http://www.mangareader.net/104-43743-12/vampire-knight/chapter-57.html

ROFL I loved that scene and Kaname surely enjoyed >
    http://www.mangareader.net/104-43743-13/vampire-knight/chapter-57.html

And in the official volume 12 he actually says giggling “It’s the first time she’s done that” haha … Well we know that you are a masochist Kaname lol. Prepare for more pleasure in the future Chapter 76: Scanlation - Page 2 1547219295 rofl

3. Also that reinforces what we said all along … that it was her decision to play this game … she isn’t a blind piece driven by Kaname but she made her decision exactly because she saw through his message >> I’ll do what you want for now and then I’ll deal with you” hahaha …

4. She shows her determination not to give up on him … This maybe is also foreshadowing for Yuuki’s involvement at some point in Kaname’s planning … an involvement that maybe he doesn’t foresee???

5. Probably she also believes that what Kaname is doing is for good thus she is willing to play her role at the entrusted place despite his attempt to show otherwise hm…

PS. Sorry for my fangirling Embarassed but I couldn’t help it Razz
    juliet
    juliet
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Post by juliet Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:12 pm

nina wrote:

PS. Sorry for my fangirling Embarassed but I couldn’t help it Razz

Haha, you are forgiven...now let's add more unforgiven, LOL, ramblings... I think you really covered all areas there and most of all should i say that I really liked and enjoyed this little treat that came late but really gave more "flesh" and soul to Yuuki...and I also want to thank the people (sorry I forgot that before due my joy Embarassed ) that translated it and took the time to be more accurate so that we enjoy a far more independed, in love and also determined Yuuki with a serious mind of her own.

I somehow reminds me of the "whip of love" where Aidou used to refer... Razz Chapter 76: Scanlation - Page 2 1547219295

Yuuki Kuran
    Yuuki Kuran
    Level-E
    Level-E

Humor : Sarcastic, dark

Post by Yuuki Kuran Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:01 pm

Hmm, I actually have a question about this chapter.
    When Sara said "What would you do if you knew everything", what was she referring to? Is it suppose to be she overheard the conversation Kaname had before killing Hanabusa's father and is going to revel some of his plan or that she know's something that ties with the past? Or is it just anyone's guess?

I wasn't sure if I missed/forgot something that make's what exactly she's talking about obvious or I didn't and we won't know what she even means in the slightest until next chapter lol.
    nina
    nina
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Post by nina Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:14 pm

Yuuki Kuran wrote:Hmm, I actually have a question about this chapter.
    When Sara said "What would you do if you knew everything", what was she referring to? Is it suppose to be she overheard the conversation Kaname had before killing Hanabusa's father and is going to revel some of his plan or that she know's something that ties with the past? Or is it just anyone's guess?

I wasn't sure if I missed/forgot something that make's what exactly she's talking about obvious or I didn't and we won't know what she even means in the slightest until next chapter lol.

Only guesses we can make I suppose …

1. Sara might reveal that Kaname is an ancestor and not Yuuki’s brother < she knows that from Takuma. It won’t be a surprise for Yuuki.

2. She might as you said that she actually heard the talk that Kaname had with Aido-dono and disclose it …

3. She might also have info concerning Kaname’s past … a part that he hasn’t unveiled yet not to us and not to Yuuki …

And who knows what else … confused
    juliet
    juliet
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Post by juliet Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:17 pm

nina wrote:
    Yuuki Kuran wrote:Hmm, I actually have a question about this chapter.

Only guesses we can make I suppose …

1. Sara might reveal that Kaname is an ancestor and not Yuuki’s brother < she knows that from Takuma. It won’t be a surprise for Yuuki.

2. She might as you said that she actually heard the talk that Kaname had with Aido-dono and disclose it …

3. She might also have info concerning Kaname’s past … a part that he hasn’t unveiled yet not to us and not to Yuuki …

And who knows what else … confused

or even talk about his plan now and twist around Kaname's intentions...presenting him far worst than he actually is, which I think is highly possible...(sigh)
    Yuuki Kuran
    Yuuki Kuran
    Level-E
    Level-E

Humor : Sarcastic, dark

Post by Yuuki Kuran Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:22 pm

I certainly hope it isn't the first one.
    That wouldn't have us readers gain any knowledge at all for the plot. It would pretty much be a wasted chapter for us, most likely. I imagine people would get frustrated if that happened too lol.

I'm hoping it's she overheard the conversation and reveals Kaname's plan. I wouldn't suspect her to know the full plan because it is too soon for us to know that much, but it would be nice to have a small portion delivered to us rather than a bunch of brain teasing hints, finally. Chapter 76: Scanlation - Page 2 2747345646

I could see her doing something like that to try and gain Yuuki's trust too. :/
    I hope Yuuki doesn't believe it if it happens and perhaps we even get one panel of Kaname to clarify part of which is true if Sara does that.

She may also reveal the real thing, though.
    If Yuuki becomes distracted by the truth it could give Sara an opening to pull something (probably more minor) with Yuuki too distracted to notice. scratch
    shizza24
    shizza24
    Vampire Noble Class
    Vampire Noble Class

Post by shizza24 Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:26 pm

Your Welcome everyone cheers

I definitely agree that Yuuki is finally getting stronger again. I really liked her headstrong personality in the first arc. It's good to know she still has that determination and strength in her. Her image as a dormant lifeless doll up till now was weakening her constitution as a character. It shows a great maturity of character now that she has finally decided to face Kaname.

I really like how she tries to put up a brave facade in front of Zero while she's actually upset and how he sees right through it wub

hehe a little fangirling ain't so bad aha

On a serious note I agree with you YuukiKuran, we already know that Kaname is Yuuki's ancestor.. It would just be waste of space if Hino goes through all the trouble of creating all this drama only to re-reveal that.. and it would frustrate the readers as well..
    rosaever
    rosaever
    Common Vampire
    Common Vampire

Humor : curious

Post by rosaever Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:47 pm

Yuuki Kuran wrote:I certainly hope it isn't the first one.
    That wouldn't have us readers gain any knowledge at all for the plot. It would pretty much be a wasted chapter for us, most likely. I imagine people would get frustrated if that happened too lol.

I'm hoping it's she overheard the conversation and reveals Kaname's plan. I wouldn't suspect her to know the full plan because it is too soon for us to know that much, but it would be nice to have a small portion delivered to us rather than a bunch of brain teasing hints, finally. Chapter 76: Scanlation - Page 2 2747345646

I hope Yuuki doesn't believe it if it happens and perhaps we even get one panel of Kaname to clarify part of which is true if Sara does that.

If Yuuki becomes distracted by the truth it could give Sara an opening to pull something (probably more minor) with Yuuki too distracted to notice. scratch

I think the same.But I really hope that the next part of their conversation will be really important. When I read this last question: What will you do if you finally know everything?- I have a feeling that it shows us the readers,that some important moment is coming( this word: finally), but still there is part of me which thinks that now there are great expectations and it could turn into nothing. Evil or Very Mad

Have you seen that on Mangareader they add new scans ( page 33-37 ) with translated teaser and also new text:
    the association's attitude about the mysterious new blood tablets on the market. In the midst of those uneasy activity, Yuuki will?

http://www.mangareader.net/vampire-knight/76/33
    http://www.mangareader.net/vampire-knight/76/34

there is also cute image of Yuuki and Kaname with kaname saying: Yuuki,don't stick that on my face, I suppose Yuuki is having fun with coloured tape Very Happy
    http://www.mangareader.net/vampire-knight/76/35

Last edited by rosaever on Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:55 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : mistakes)
    nina
    nina
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Post by nina Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:50 pm

rosaever wrote:
    Yuuki Kuran wrote:I certainly hope it isn't the first one.

I think the same.But I really hope that the next part of their conversation will be really important. When I read this last question: What will you do if you finally know everything?- I have a feeling that it shows us the readers,that some important moment is coming( this word: finally), but still there is part of me which thinks that now there are great expectations and it could turn into nothing. Evil or Very Mad

Have you seen that on Mangareader they add new scans ( page 33-37 ) with translated teaser and also new text:
    the association's attitude about the mysterious new blood tablets on the market. In the midst of those uneasy activity, Yuuki will?

http://www.mangareader.net/vampire-knight/76/33
    http://www.mangareader.net/vampire-knight/76/34

there is also cute image of Yuuki and Kaname with kaname saying: Yuuki,don't stick that on my face, I suppose Yuuki is having fun with coloured tape Very Happy
    http://www.mangareader.net/vampire-knight/76/35

Lol I agree it would be much more interesting if Sara reveals something important that we do not know about and finally the clew starts to unfold. My only “fear” is that this line is for a preview and it might being a “troll” … *sigh*

Well patience Chapter 76: Scanlation - Page 2 2276713963 ... few days have left lol.
    mariangie
    mariangie
    Pureblood Vampire
    Pureblood Vampire

Humor : Mad Doctor

Post by mariangie Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:51 pm

If anybody heard the conversation between Kaname and Aido - dono . It has to be Hanadagi's guardian / bodyguard . So if Yuuki will heard anything about this probably would be from her . The other possibility is Sara interrogated that guardian and got the info herself ( I see this as less probable . The girl looks like the kind loyal to her boss only . )

So could be the person Yuuki met at next chapter Hanadagi's guardian / bodyguard ?

Sara would probably tell Yuuki about Kaname being the original Vampire King and ancestor . Maybe a little more information about his past .

What I could find interesting is if Sara tell anything about the first Vampire Queen , This info could make Yuuki curious . Kaname had not told anything about her to Yuuki . What appears by the story so far , the braided hooded pureblood vampire woman wasn't Kaname's original Vampire Queen. But this doesn't exclude the HW to have being Kaname's mate in the past . The HW appeared to die before Kaname became Vampire King . If that is true , other woman had to be the first Vampire Queen . And whom was this woman could be a new mystery to reveal .
    Knightmare
    Knightmare
    Common Vampire
    Common Vampire

Humor : Satirical

Post by Knightmare Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:13 pm

mariangie wrote:If anybody heard the conversation between Kaname and Aido - dono . It has to be Hanadagi's guardian / bodyguard . So if Yuuki will heard anything about this probably would be from her . The other possibility is Sara interrogated that guardian and got the info herself ( I see this as less probable . The girl looks like the kind loyal to her boss only . )

i don't see how Sara would have any trouble getting info from the girl. takuma told Sara all about kaname and a little of sara's blood would force her to spill the beans.

but she looks more like a captive for whatever reasons.

i think it'll be be her mentioned in the preview, as soon as i saw the rattling and mysterious person in the cupboard that yuuki noticed, i thought she'd have to break free and stumble into yuuki and spill more beans. but if the girl witnessed the conversation between aido's dad and kaname, then she saw kaname kill her boss, so she prolly won't want to trust yuuki. so its hihgly probably that shes there to spill the beans on sara's involvement.

but she was in a different room, don't think she moved, so she prolly didn't see the conversation.
    juliet
    juliet
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Post by juliet Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:47 pm

i don't see how Sara would have any trouble getting info from the girl. takuma told Sara all about kaname and a little of sara's blood would force her to spill the beans.

but she looks more like a captive for whatever reasons.

Ι agree on that, it seems that Sara knows exactly what to do if she wants to submit someone so she must have a reason there why she did not enslave that girl the way she did with the rest. Perhaps the guardian will be more convincing in a more desperate phase while talking about Kaname's intention in front of Yuuki? who knows, we must wait, but the guardian must have provided Sara with info about Hana's past. So to digging up the past, it must also play an important role there.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:42 pm