Vampire Knight & Manga Forum

In order to fully enjoy the board and it's function, you can always log in or sign up to an account. Thank you...

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

In order to fully enjoy the board and it's function, you can always log in or sign up to an account. Thank you...

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Α forum dedicated to Hino's Matsuri best-seller manga Vampire Knight and the manga we love

Gallery

Those words when Rido said to Kaname in chapter 76,what do you think they're mean? Empty

Latest topics

» Do you trust Hino?
Those words when Rido said to Kaname in chapter 76,what do you think they're mean? I_icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2022 12:37 am by juliet

» Our Kaname is here!! Vampire Knight memories chapter 38
Those words when Rido said to Kaname in chapter 76,what do you think they're mean? I_icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2022 12:35 am by juliet

» Vampire knight Memories 38
Those words when Rido said to Kaname in chapter 76,what do you think they're mean? I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2022 4:18 am by juliet

» Where to Find Vampire Knight Memories Translation
Those words when Rido said to Kaname in chapter 76,what do you think they're mean? I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2022 1:29 am by juliet

» The Final Countdown
Those words when Rido said to Kaname in chapter 76,what do you think they're mean? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2022 11:43 pm by juliet

» New VK Chapter is HERE!
Those words when Rido said to Kaname in chapter 76,what do you think they're mean? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 11, 2017 7:42 am by lililovelilica

» Links for Other Vampire Knight Forums and Sites that you like and enjoy!!
Those words when Rido said to Kaname in chapter 76,what do you think they're mean? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2016 7:25 pm by Saphira_K

» VK Memories CH 6!
Those words when Rido said to Kaname in chapter 76,what do you think they're mean? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2016 6:13 pm by Saphira_K

» VK Memories
Those words when Rido said to Kaname in chapter 76,what do you think they're mean? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2016 5:59 pm by Saphira_K

» New VK Chapter SPOILERS!
Those words when Rido said to Kaname in chapter 76,what do you think they're mean? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2016 5:47 pm by Saphira_K

» New VK Bonus Ch!!
Those words when Rido said to Kaname in chapter 76,what do you think they're mean? I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2015 12:53 am by Saphira_K

» Translation of 'Fleeting Dreams'
Those words when Rido said to Kaname in chapter 76,what do you think they're mean? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2015 2:20 am by Saphira_K

» Bunko Editions
Those words when Rido said to Kaname in chapter 76,what do you think they're mean? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2015 2:18 am by Saphira_K

» New Vampire knight Extra
Those words when Rido said to Kaname in chapter 76,what do you think they're mean? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2015 2:15 am by Saphira_K

» The Musical (Original and Revive)
Those words when Rido said to Kaname in chapter 76,what do you think they're mean? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2015 2:40 am by Dreamiel

» NEW CHAPTER IN 2015?
Those words when Rido said to Kaname in chapter 76,what do you think they're mean? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2015 12:16 am by Unknown00

» Newbie in the forum...
Those words when Rido said to Kaname in chapter 76,what do you think they're mean? I_icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2015 7:13 pm by aisan4494

» Who do you think Yuki loves more: Kaname or Zero?
Those words when Rido said to Kaname in chapter 76,what do you think they're mean? I_icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2015 7:09 pm by aisan4494

» Zeki or Yume?
Those words when Rido said to Kaname in chapter 76,what do you think they're mean? I_icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2015 7:04 pm by aisan4494

» So What will happen of Kaname?
Those words when Rido said to Kaname in chapter 76,what do you think they're mean? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2015 6:25 pm by matei alina

We and the Youtube

Poll

would you like to read a sequel of vk?or is hino thinking of writing one?
Those words when Rido said to Kaname in chapter 76,what do you think they're mean? Bar_left59%Those words when Rido said to Kaname in chapter 76,what do you think they're mean? Bar_right 59% [ 24 ]
Those words when Rido said to Kaname in chapter 76,what do you think they're mean? Bar_left27%Those words when Rido said to Kaname in chapter 76,what do you think they're mean? Bar_right 27% [ 11 ]
Those words when Rido said to Kaname in chapter 76,what do you think they're mean? Bar_left15%Those words when Rido said to Kaname in chapter 76,what do you think they're mean? Bar_right 15% [ 6 ]

Total Votes : 41

Friends

Terry Candy

+15
SassyKnight
Maria Kuran
mabel
mariangie
lililovelilica
rosaever
Divine Rose
sweetsolace
juliet
caela
nina
Knightmare
aya-chan
Vanille-chan
Rikana-hime
19 posters

Those words when Rido said to Kaname in chapter 76,what do you think they're mean?

Rikana-hime
    Human

Warning ZoneThose words when Rido said to Kaname in chapter 76,what do you think they're mean? Dropsoa

Those words when Rido said to Kaname in chapter 76,what do you think they're mean? Empty Those words when Rido said to Kaname in chapter 76,what do you think they're mean?

Post by Rikana-hime Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:23 am

"Finally you meet the flower only blooming for you.Though it will fade away and die someday..."

Hmmm...I actually very confuse here and I think they may have a lot of meaning.What about you? Do you think there are some hints in those words?
    Vanille-chan
    Vanille-chan
    Level-E
    Level-E

Humor : zen <3
    Warning ZoneThose words when Rido said to Kaname in chapter 76,what do you think they're mean? Dropsoa

Those words when Rido said to Kaname in chapter 76,what do you think they're mean? Empty Re: Those words when Rido said to Kaname in chapter 76,what do you think they're mean?

Post by Vanille-chan Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:35 am

For me, Rido´s words are a provocation for Kaname. They aren´t indicating an attitude on zero.

I see this scene as a mirror (the second mirror Rido / Kaname). Rido
    was obsessed on Juuri. Kaname, at the beginning of the manga had a standard of thinking like Rido. Well, I guess Rido was not obsessed on jury at the beginning, I think it was gradually growing, because he loved more his own desire than J´s happiness.

Kaname had some feature that could turn him in Rido, but this chapter shows you exactly that Kaname got beyond this point. He tenderly kisses "yuki", it shows that he will continue to protect her even if she could be on Zero´s side.
    aya-chan
    aya-chan
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Humor : oiseaux de se ressemble s'assemble

Those words when Rido said to Kaname in chapter 76,what do you think they're mean? Empty Re: Those words when Rido said to Kaname in chapter 76,what do you think they're mean?

Post by aya-chan Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:59 pm

Rikana-hime wrote:
    "Finally you meet the flower only blooming for you.Though it will fade away and die someday..."

Hmmm...I actually very confuse here and I think they may have a lot of meaning.What about you? Do you think there are some hints in those words?

"the flower only blooming for you" it is a nice metaphore and signify the soul mate a person need to find in his/her life. kaname found out his soulmate and that's yuuki.

"though it will fade away and die someday" i believe here is about kaname fear to lose yuuki, aka she will sacrifice herself.

Chapter 61, kaname to yuuki:
    "I'm frightened that one day you'll gice up your life for something meaningless, yuuki. I never want to experience that again."
    Knightmare
    Knightmare
    Common Vampire
    Common Vampire

Humor : Satirical

Post by Knightmare Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:01 pm

[quote="Rikana-hime"]

"Even though your flower has finally begun to bloom for your sake alone, someday it will be devoured, won't it...?"

this is how my friend translated it from the Japanese.

it sounds to me that rido talking about Yuuki finally knowing Kaname and is starting to love the person who he actually is, rather than the person she used to believe he was, since we also see the flashback of the start over so that yuuki can look at the real him.

what i mean is that yuuki love is finally blooming for the real kaname.

and the devour, i don't know. i don't know why rido would think kaname would have a problem with that. but yeah, rido is trying to provoke kaname, thats what he always does.
    Vanille-chan
    Vanille-chan
    Level-E
    Level-E

Humor : zen <3

Post by Vanille-chan Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:36 pm

A very beautiful, clear metaphor, I guess. Here, to me,it´s like saying that Kaname finally found Yuki loving only him. Kaname always realized the duality at Y´s heart, but this sentence shows that he saw that her heart belongs only to him now.

Actually, I do not see how this move to a Zeki end Zeki. It is an incoherence.

Though it will fade away and die someday

Well, Rido knows K´s fears. This is a provocation about what Kaname is afraid. Rido knows that Kaname gave up being next to her when she began to love only him.

- Yuki is just loving him, but this fact may die because she may be disappointed about K ("how long will you pretend to be the sweet oniisama") or she could come back to love Zero too, because they are closest now.

For me, Rido´s provocation it´s this: the flower is Yuki's love for him and not the Y´s life. And of course, Rido is the mirror of Kaname's conflicts. It does not correspond to the Y´s perception on Kaname.
    nina
    nina
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Humor : Black sarcasm

Post by nina Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:43 am

Knightmare wrote:
    "Even though your flower has finally begun to bloom for your sake alone, someday it will be devoured, won't it...?"

this is how my friend translated it from the Japanese.

it sounds to me that rido talking about Yuuki finally knowing Kaname and is starting to love the person who he actually is, rather than the person she used to believe he was, since we also see the flashback of the start over so that yuuki can look at the real him.

what i mean is that yuuki love is finally blooming for the real kaname.

From another source >>

ようやく お前のためだけに蕾を綻ばせようとしていた花なのに... = "Finally, this flower was blooming only for you.."

いつか喰い散らかされるぞ...? = "but in one day it will be eaten and scattered around, right...?"

For Yuuki there is only one real Kaname even if she didn’t or doesn’t know all of his past. The person that she knows doesn’t change …
    From the official volume 13 >>

Yuuki: “This man named Kaname is the Kaname I’VE ALWAYS KNOWN. It will be all right. Do not hold back you can tell me everything.”

So IMO the phrase “Finally, this flower was blooming only for you...” means that Yuuki finally was ready to advance their relationship onto another level, more intimate I suppose. I base my interpretation on the prior panel which is Kaname’s recollection of Yuuki saying that she wants to start over with him>>

Those words when Rido said to Kaname in chapter 76,what do you think they're mean? Vampireknight2752627

http://www.mangareader.net/vampire-knight/76/24

The above panel actually is from chapter 66 >>
    http://www.mangareader.net/104-58423-27/vampire-knight/chapter-66.html

And if we add a few other from Yuuki’s wording:

- from chapter 66 >>
    Yuuki: “Equals huh? For 10 years I never thought that we could be equal. I could admire him from afar. I kept telling myself that was enough.”
    http://www.mangareader.net/104-58423-12/vampire-knight/chapter-66.html

So what Yuuki meant about equality was the problem with her vampirism which was caused due to her life as a human for 10 years. She thought that Kaname could never be hers << something that she also says >>

“Then suddenly, I was told that EVERYTHING I TRULY WANTED was always mine from the start”

“What are you saying? You WANT what? If you want you can eat all of him. Isn’t that what YOU WANT?
    http://www.mangareader.net/104-58423-13/vampire-knight/chapter-66.html

“If you don’t devour what you desire you’ll be driven insane”

I think it is clearly that she had issues with the vampire inside her >>

“I’m still so far I can’t even think of saying we’re equal … But the vampire inside me doesn’t care… this desire is so pure it can’t be hidden”

But the most revealing part is when she recalls a previous scene with Kaname when he changed her clothes >>
    Kaname: I haven’t done anything (or from another source “I did not do anything else”)
    Yuuki: I’M SORRY … the limit of my power is taking care of myself (or I’M SORRY it’s because I have used up all my might for my own things”)
    http://www.mangareader.net/104-58423-14/vampire-knight/chapter-66.html

In other words Yuuki admits to herself that her issues (vampirism/equality=own things) had absorbed her so much that kept her from advancing her relationship with Kaname >> “I didn’t do anything” >> Yuuki: “I’m sorry” …

But just before they parted >>

- from chapter 67 >>
    Yuuki: “Finally I faced him as an equal and now we can start again from here”
    http://www.mangareader.net/vampire-knight/67/3

Yuuki finally felt ready thus and her answer that she wanted to start over properly has been perceived from Kaname as >> “Finally, this flower was blooming only for you.." (i.e. if he had not gone > sSig_censored Razz )

and the devour, i don't know. i don't know why rido would think kaname would have a problem with that. but yeah, rido is trying to provoke kaname, thats what he always does.

I don’t think that Rido means that Kaname will devour her literally >> in a vampire way like devouring her blood.

This second part from Rido’s wording is indeed vague but for now I think that Rido triggers Kaname’s fears for Yuuki’s safety/life. >>

aya-chan wrote:
    Chapter 61, kaname to yuuki:
    "I'm frightened that one day you'll gice up your life for something meaningless, yuuki. I never want to experience that again."

Exactly. I agree with aya … But I also think this “cryptic” wording has multiple layers…

Knightmare
    Knightmare
    Common Vampire
    Common Vampire

Humor : Satirical

Post by Knightmare Sat Nov 05, 2011 3:47 am

Vanille-chan wrote:

A very beautiful, clear metaphor, I guess. Here, to me,it´s like saying that Kaname finally found Yuki loving only him. Kaname always realized the duality at Y´s heart, but this sentence shows that he saw that her heart belongs only to him now.

Actually, I do not see how this move to a Zeki end Zeki. It is an incoherence.

i disagree, I don't think this has anything to do with Zero at all. Kaname mentioned several times that yuuki doesn't know him and the flashback of the past was to show yuuki who he truly was.

http://www.mangareader.net/104-2177-20/vampire-knight/chapter-49.html
    Kaname doesn't like lies between them.

http://www.mangareader.net/104-57815-27/vampire-knight/chapter-65.html
    This is a bad translation. But in the book it says "I knew...that you'd want to know everything one day. And I couldn't stand your complete trust in me ...when you knew nothing about me. "

http://www.mangareader.net/vampire-knight/76/24
    http://www.mangareader.net/104-58423-26/vampire-knight/chapter-66.html
    The scene opens with a statement that she wants to start over properly, and in the original scene she says that she will watch him clearly, as in, see him for himself.

so kaname's thinking about how they were meant to start on their new path and yuuki wanted to see (and love) the real Kaname.

Well, Rido knows K´s fears. This is a provocation about what Kaname is afraid. Rido knows that Kaname gave up being next to her when she began to love only him.

- Yuki is just loving him, but this fact may die because she may be disappointed about K ("how long will you pretend to be the sweet oniisama") or she could come back to love Zero too, because they are closest now.

For me, Rido´s provocation it´s this: the flower is Yuki's love for him and not the Y´s life. And of course, Rido is the mirror of Kaname's conflicts. It does not correspond to the Y´s perception on Kaname.

if the japanese said withered and died, i would think it was about kaname worrying that pushing her away would kill her love for him when they were finally starting on the right path and she truly knew who he was. and rido would be asking if kaname was ok with that. makes sense.

but with the "someday being devoured", i don't think thats what rido is talking about. but i don't have any other ideas either.
    caela
    caela
    Vampire Noble Class
    Vampire Noble Class

Humor : quirky

Post by caela Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:08 am

About being devoured:

Those words when Rido said to Kaname in chapter 76,what do you think they're mean? Vampire-knight-55117
    or linkhttp://www.mangareader.net/104-2125-15/vampire-knight/chapter-18.html

Zero is about to be bitten by Shizuka and pay attention to the flower on his lapel. The flower is shown twice on the same page and compare the two.
    First the flower is healthy and next it is withering and scattering just as he is being "devoured" of his blood by Shizuka.

To wither and die might equal being devoured = drained off all of one's blood.
    juliet
    juliet
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Humor : Anytime...

Post by juliet Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:20 am

if the japanese said withered and died, i would think it was about kaname worrying that pushing her away would kill her love for him when they were finally starting on the right path and she truly knew who he was. and rido would be asking if kaname was ok with that. makes sense.

yes most likely, if it refers to be "devoured" it really makes no sense either for Zero or Kaname, even though Zero is not included in both translations, the subject arise from an assumption...

Now about "dying", the only way that Yuuki can die from what we know is to sacrifice herself that bring us back to Kaname's worst fears that he has already stated to Yuuki and that make him set out to fulfill his plans...so another logical explanation is this, Rido using the "dying" in a cryptic way...

I also think as Nina, perhaps both meanings can be conveyed in this phrase because with the current path "the flower"= love dangers to die, with another meaning Kaname's way is one way because Yuuki's path to him is clear if he does not act so...

Following this logic the dilemma its her safety vs her love, Kaname chooses to preserve the first...

sweetsolace
    sweetsolace
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Humor : look in the mirror, you'll love it~ ;)
    Warning ZoneThose words when Rido said to Kaname in chapter 76,what do you think they're mean? Drops5black

Post by sweetsolace Sat Nov 05, 2011 1:54 pm

here's a reliable translation:

ようやく お前のためだけに蕾を綻ばせようとしていた花なのに...
    Rido: "Finally, this flower was blooming only for you.."

いつか喰い散らかされるぞ...?
    Rido: "but one day it will be eaten and scattered about...?"

you can compare with the japanese raws and some online translation.
    anyway here's the page of the raw:
    Spoiler:

the words were "eaten" and then "scattered" away.

from my interpretation, the flower is either Yuki or Yuki's love for Kaname. Hence, "the flower blooms only FOR YOU". I share the same thoughts that Yuki has finally loved Kaname and only him, not only by choosing him but also becoming dedicated to improve their relationship thru the start over. Hence "the flower grew for him" and only for him.

but Kaname left her before it can happen. "But one day it will be eaten and 'scattered'" to me represents both Kaname's fear of Yuki dying literally, OR if the flower symbolizes Yuki's love for him, then it will die because someone took its place (i.e. Zero)

Nevertheless, its about the flower dying or withering away, as shown in the picture on the top right portion---a rose infected with parasites or something made it wilt and lose its petals. A wilting rose with hole-ridden petals is obviously not a good sight or outcome for a pretty flower, so in my opinion it cannot be something that's good for Yuki's life or possibly, her love for Kaname.

IF the rose symbolizes Yuki's life (similar to Beast's life as a rose in a protective case in Disney's Beauty and the Beast) then she will wither someday when she is exposed to the elements that Kaname had risked upon her by freeing her. And Rido is reminding him as his dirty self that Yuki might die because of what he did.

IF the rose symbolizes Yuki's love for Kaname, then the rose is also connected to the rose resin he gave her before. Kaname preserved the rose that blooms only every 10 years and in turn had immortalized it > Kaname was there for Yuki, loving and caring for her > the rose was intact and eternally beautiful, like their love.
    Kaname left Yuki > the rose is left to grow in the wild, not as a rose preserved in resin but as a rose growing freely in the garden to bloom every 10 years, but also exposed to the elements that will make it wither someday > Kaname had freed Yuki to fulfill his mission.

This leads me to the conclusion: YUME love is as beautiful as a rose blooming only every 10 years. But a rose is meant to live and die in its own lifespan. Kaname had somehow "defied" that lifespan by preserving it in resin, immortalizing its beauty. Sometime he had realized the rose was meant to bloom in the wild, freely, rather than be preserved. The two images of Yuki in chains and Yuki with sunflowers shows his contradiction to preserve her or to free her. In a way, Kaname had "chained" Yuki's love to him by sealing her in resin, but also making her beautiful and eternal with his love for her, but he realizes its wrong to defy nature and will, and decides to free her. The rose is now blooming in the wild. But there is something wrong...

Yuki, as we see, still chooses to search for Kaname and ask him questions. He had freed her, yet she continues to seek him. The rose is seeking the resin cage, or another way around? Like the rose seeing sunlight after the longest time, she wonders why she was set free from her immortal state. I see the same with Yuki.

Ok that sounded poetic for a while but its the way I can discuss it Razz

---B&B reference with the rose

By the way, does anybody get reminded of Belle and Beast's lovestory in this one?? (from Disney's Beauty and the Beast movie, im sure its popular as a childhood movie Razz) Its quite similar... especially with the use of the rose to represent their love.
    Spoiler:

Kaname is the Beast for me.. if you've seen the movie, the Beast was cursed by a witch. He was originally a handsome prince that behaved arrogantly so the witch punished him by turning him ugly monster (in Vk, the monster is Rido).. The beast was given a rose that blooms only for him (and that was Yuki) representing his life... He tried to keep the rose alive by protecting it in a glass case. Then Belle came into his life. And he actually imprisoned Belle with him, so she will continue loving him.. But sometime Beast noticed that Belle was lonely and missed her father who was sick. He let her go... (Kaname let Yuki free against his wishes) and remained by himself. As he was by himself, the rose inside the glass case slowly lost its petals..

Eventually his life became endangered when he was attacked. The last of the rose petals fell... And just when the Beast was about to die, Belle (Yuki) rushes to be with him in his final moments, giving him a kiss and crying.. The kiss of true love broke the Beast's spell and he was lifted from his curse (Rido) in turn saving him. And the rival in between them fell off and died. Razz
    I guess then that Zero is Gaston here. Those words when Rido said to Kaname in chapter 76,what do you think they're mean? 215456 and he tried to kill Kaname. Those words when Rido said to Kaname in chapter 76,what do you think they're mean? 215456 and then he died.

anyway I can see the similarity and if that's the case, then we were right all along! cheers YUKI WILL SAVE KANAME WITH HER TRUE LOVE! cheers Her love will break his curse (Rido) and they will live happily ever after. Those words when Rido said to Kaname in chapter 76,what do you think they're mean? 1869419436
    Those words when Rido said to Kaname in chapter 76,what do you think they're mean? 343366

I can actually hear the theme of Beauty and the Beast in my head right now Those words when Rido said to Kaname in chapter 76,what do you think they're mean? 215456

Tale as old as time
    Song as old as rhyme
    Beauty and the beast.

Those words when Rido said to Kaname in chapter 76,what do you think they're mean? 215456 ok I know this sounds corny, but again even the song reminds of that line that keeps popping in almost all previews and taglines for vampireknight:
    that is,
    "Pureblood Bloody Love. "
    "The legend continues"
    "the bloody legend of fate"

etc

Kaname is also imaged as the "dark knight" "the cursed prince" and there is definitely something very dark about him... something that changes when he's with Yuki, just like with Beast who only softens up when he's with her. Beast also has a mirror that will tell him where anyone is located.. in VK, Kaname's mirror is Rido and he shows him the worst side of him. Both the mirror and the rose were part of the curse given by the witch, just like how Rido represents both of these as Kaname's curse. And there are more similarities I can name, but really is astonishing! cheers I feel quite happy knowing this, LOL, B&B is one of my favorite childhood animations~ Smile

Maybe Hino M. is a fan of B&B Embarassed
    Divine Rose
    Divine Rose
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Humor : Mwa hahahahahahaha...

Post by Divine Rose Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:09 pm

sweetsolace wrote:here's a reliable translation:

いつか喰い散らかされるぞ...?

Spoiler:

from my interpretation, the flower is either Yuki or Yuki's love for Kaname. Hence, "the flower blooms only FOR YOU". I share the same thoughts that Yuki has finally loved Kaname and only him, not only by choosing him but also becoming dedicated to improve their relationship thru the start over. Hence "the flower grew for him" and only for him.

but Kaname left her before it can happen. "But one day it will be eaten and 'scattered'" to me represents both Kaname's fear of Yuki dying literally, OR if the flower symbolizes Yuki's love for him, then it will die because someone took its place (i.e. Zero)

Nevertheless, its about the flower dying or withering away, as shown in the picture on the top right portion---a rose infected with parasites or something made it wilt and lose its petals. A wilting rose with hole-ridden petals is obviously not a good sight or outcome for a pretty flower, so in my opinion it cannot be something that's good for Yuki's life or possibly, her love for Kaname.

IF the rose symbolizes Yuki's life (similar to Beast's life as a rose in a protective case in Disney's Beauty and the Beast) then she will wither someday when she is exposed to the elements that Kaname had risked upon her by freeing her. And Rido is reminding him as his dirty self that Yuki might die because of what he did.

IF the rose symbolizes Yuki's love for Kaname, then the rose is also connected to the rose resin he gave her before. Kaname preserved the rose that blooms only every 10 years and in turn had immortalized it > Kaname was there for Yuki, loving and caring for her > the rose was intact and eternally beautiful, like their love.
    Kaname left Yuki > the rose is left to grow in the wild, not as a rose preserved in resin but as a rose growing freely in the garden to bloom every 10 years, but also exposed to the elements that will make it wither someday > Kaname had freed Yuki to fulfill his mission.

This leads me to the conclusion: YUME love is as beautiful as a rose blooming only every 10 years. But a rose is meant to live and die in its own lifespan. Kaname had somehow "defied" that lifespan by preserving it in resin, immortalizing its beauty. Sometime he had realized the rose was meant to bloom in the wild, freely, rather than be preserved. The two images of Yuki in chains and Yuki with sunflowers shows his contradiction to preserve her or to free her. In a way, Kaname had "chained" Yuki's love to him by sealing her in resin, but also making her beautiful and eternal with his love for her, but he realizes its wrong to defy nature and will, and decides to free her. The rose is now blooming in the wild. But there is something wrong...

Yuki, as we see, still chooses to search for Kaname and ask him questions. He had freed her, yet she continues to seek him. The rose is seeking the resin cage, or another way around? Like the rose seeing sunlight after the longest time, she wonders why she was set free from her immortal state. I see the same with Yuki.

By the way, does anybody get reminded of Belle and Beast's lovestory in this one?? (from Disney's Beauty and the Beast movie, im sure its popular as a childhood movie Razz) Its quite similar... especially with the use of the rose to represent their love.
    Spoiler:

Kaname is the Beast for me.. if you've seen the movie, the Beast was cursed by a witch. He was originally a handsome prince that behaved arrogantly so the witch punished him by turning him ugly monster (in Vk, the monster is Rido).. The beast was given a rose that blooms only for him (and that was Yuki) representing his life... He tried to keep the rose alive by protecting it in a glass case. Then Belle came into his life. And he actually imprisoned Belle with him, so she will continue loving him.. But sometime Beast noticed that Belle was lonely and missed her father who was sick. He let her go... (Kaname let Yuki free against his wishes) and remained by himself. As he was by himself, the rose inside the glass case slowly lost its petals..

Eventually his life became endangered when he was attacked. The last of the rose petals fell... And just when the Beast was about to die, Belle (Yuki) rushes to be with him in his final moments, giving him a kiss and crying.. The kiss of true love broke the Beast's spell and he was lifted from his curse (Rido) in turn saving him. And the rival in between them fell off and died. Razz
    I guess then that Zero is Gaston here. Those words when Rido said to Kaname in chapter 76,what do you think they're mean? 215456 and he tried to kill Kaname. Those words when Rido said to Kaname in chapter 76,what do you think they're mean? 215456 and then he died.

anyway I can see the similarity and if that's the case, then we were right all along! cheers YUKI WILL SAVE KANAME WITH HER TRUE LOVE! cheers Her love will break his curse (Rido) and they will live happily ever after. Those words when Rido said to Kaname in chapter 76,what do you think they're mean? 1869419436
    Those words when Rido said to Kaname in chapter 76,what do you think they're mean? 343366

I can actually hear the theme of Beauty and the Beast in my head right now Those words when Rido said to Kaname in chapter 76,what do you think they're mean? 215456

Tale as old as time
    Song as old as rhyme
    Beauty and the beast.

Those words when Rido said to Kaname in chapter 76,what do you think they're mean? 215456 ok I know this sounds corny, but again even the song reminds of that line that keeps popping in almost all previews and taglines for vampireknight:
    that is,
    "The legend continues"

etc

Kaname is also imaged as the "dark knight" "the cursed prince" and there is definitely something very dark about him... something that changes when he's with Yuki, just like with Beast who only softens up when he's with her. Beast also has a mirror that will tell him where anyone is located.. in VK, Kaname's mirror is Rido and he shows him the worst side of him. Both the mirror and the rose were part of the curse given by the witch, just like how Rido represents both of these as Kaname's curse. And there are more similarities I can name, but really is astonishing! cheers I feel quite happy knowing this, LOL, B&B is one of my favorite childhood animations~ Smile

Oh my! sSc_jawdrop3

Yes! Now, that you mentioned it, it is a lot like Beauty & the Beast. Now, I can't stop thinking of B&B when I see VK! rofl rofl

Yes, maybe Hino is a fan. Embarassed I know I am, and to see these similarities is awesome for me! cheers cheers

Awesome, Sweet for seeing that! cheers cheers
    rosaever
    rosaever
    Common Vampire
    Common Vampire

Humor : curious

Post by rosaever Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:59 pm

いつか喰い散らかされるぞ...?

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Tale as old as time
    Song as old as rhyme
    Beauty and the beast.

that is,
    "The legend continues"

etc

Oh my I'am so impressed -this is all I can say. I think you can already write a book about meanings of symbols and characters in VK. You noticed so many similarities.
    I have just watched ending of Disney's movie and it would be so beautiful if the VK end the same- even terrace look similar as in Cross school Cool and in the end we see something like a part of garden with picture of main couple and rose above them-which means they will be forever together,even if they died.

Spoiler:
    lililovelilica
    lililovelilica
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Humor : Waiting for Kaname

Post by lililovelilica Sat Nov 05, 2011 8:25 pm

they can only be together Kaname and Yuuki-if they're enemy is dead!
    sweetsolace
    sweetsolace
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Humor : look in the mirror, you'll love it~ ;)
    Warning ZoneThose words when Rido said to Kaname in chapter 76,what do you think they're mean? Drops5black

Post by sweetsolace Sun Nov 06, 2011 2:05 am

@Divine
    Indeed it is quite similar! Never noticed until now. cheers thanks

@rosaever
    wow thanks a lot for the video!! cheers Now I see it again its quite cheesy haha but its really sweet and warm ending, like "awwww they live happily ever after Embarassed cheers". Razz I see something like that happening in VK but only this time Yuki proves the extent of her love by searching for Kaname and saving him from his curse. Very Happy
    Those words when Rido said to Kaname in chapter 76,what do you think they're mean? 215456 yeah the terrace looks like cross academy too but without the gargoyles Those words when Rido said to Kaname in chapter 76,what do you think they're mean? 215456 the rose was a cute touch, in a way if they died then the scene in B&B ending where they danced together is called vampire Heaven. Those words when Rido said to Kaname in chapter 76,what do you think they're mean? 215456 maybe all the vampires will be lifted from their "curse" and they'll be with Yuki and Kaname in the afterlife. I see it as a happy ending all the same. They were together till death do them part Smile

@lili
    well, obviously, the b&b and vk reference was only to show similarities between Beast's curse and Kaname's dirty self called Rido. I wasn't talking about any enemies, except maybe Zero as Gaston rofl.
    in vk, the true enemy remains . If the enemy prevents them from being together then HE MUST PERISH. Evil or Very Mad
    mariangie
    mariangie
    Pureblood Vampire
    Pureblood Vampire

Humor : Mad Doctor

Post by mariangie Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:41 am

いつか喰い散らかされるぞ...?

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Tale as old as time
    Song as old as rhyme
    Beauty and the beast.

that is,
    "The legend continues"

etc

I'm in cheerleader mod ! sFun_cheerleader2

Fantastic job ! sBo_jumping

Could really Hino consider Beauty and the Beast as base of the 10 - year blossom rose issue ? If she does , Yuuki indeed will save Kaname from his inner demons / Rido's bound .

The rose is Yuuki / Yuuki's love . Whose love blooms for Kaname . After Kaname leaves her , is starting to whiter . As not getting the care / love she deserves .

I think Kaname's nightmare was not a regular one . But a vision / premonition of the future . As the story suggested Kaname had that power . Kaname is trying to make Yuuki as far from him as he can . Because he fears he could harm her . As Rido is bound to Kaname . Rido could try to use Yuuki as the way to regenerate his physical body . Using the only available Kuran pureblood's blood for Rido get his body back . If Rido get what he wants . Yuuki would be his sacrifice . Kaname would never forget himself . Knowing he was participant ( non -willingly ) of Yuuki's second sacrifice .

Question : " Which was Yuuki's first sacrifice ? " No answers for this yet .

nina
    nina
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Humor : Black sarcasm

Post by nina Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:48 am

@ sweetsolace. cheers
    Beautiful palallellism with the B&B sweet. Indeed was very poetic. wub
    lililovelilica
    lililovelilica
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Post by lililovelilica Wed Nov 09, 2011 2:05 am

Well maybe Hino-sensei is a great fan of beauty and beast?
    maybe is just a coincidence?
    or maybe she's reading a lot of novels for completing the manga?
    we artist have always to take references from other types os materials. Those words when Rido said to Kaname in chapter 76,what do you think they're mean? 919404167 know about another novel that could be just like Vampire Knight?
    if so please tell me?
    I love B&B but if there's another one i would be glad to read^^
    mabel
    mabel
    Human

Post by mabel Wed Nov 09, 2011 2:27 am

Kaname is the beast i would perfer beauty and the beast thean Romeo and Juliet ending i done want to cry
    Maria Kuran
    Maria Kuran
    Vampire Noble Class
    Vampire Noble Class

Humor : Bad...

Those words when Rido said to Kaname in chapter 76,what do you think they're mean? Empty Kaname nightmare!!!

Post by Maria Kuran Mon Dec 26, 2011 8:18 pm

About Kaname's power to see the future ( premonitions ) :

Indeed Kaname seems to have the power to occasionally see visions of his future . But the scene I think is relevant to this power is the one were Kaname had a nightmare of Rido killing Yuuki . Then Kaname licking the floor covered in Yuuki's blood .

What I think about that is Kaname has no nightmare . He saw the future . A future where he could not stop Rido from killing Yuuki . Similar to the situation that I speculate happened in his past with his original wife / vampire queen / previous life of Yuuki . More , as Kaname is bond to Rido . Rido has no body to physically attack Yuuki . Rido needs to use Kaname's body for doing his deed . To kill Yuuki for regaining Rido's physical body . If this is the case ; Kaname wants Yuuki as far from him as possible . To avoid turning his premonition into a reality . For this Kaname is lying to Yuuki as much as he can . To make her distrust him and not getting near him again . As he is doing this to save Yuuki from the possibility of Rido killing Yuuki using Kaname as vessel .

inspire me on this issue, thanks to mariangie sFun_cheerleader2 Cool , i do not know if we have a similar topic, but it seems important now, as they say the concluciones of, kaname may be is making yuki hate him for this...the "premonition" does not come true, which you think? Once again thank mariangie for mark it ...

And is true is would be a tragic end for Yume Those words when Rido said to Kaname in chapter 76,what do you think they're mean? 2747345646 Those words when Rido said to Kaname in chapter 76,what do you think they're mean? 3887309346 Those words when Rido said to Kaname in chapter 76,what do you think they're mean? 1098764838

Those words when Rido said to Kaname in chapter 76,what do you think they're mean? Kaname_and_yuki_by_mewtamara
    lililovelilica
    lililovelilica
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Post by lililovelilica Mon Dec 26, 2011 9:03 pm

For me Kaname's true nightmare is the vision of Yuuki's death!
    that would be horrible!
    that's why we can't assume that hino-sensei would kill one of the three principal Characters ot of the blue right? Those words when Rido said to Kaname in chapter 76,what do you think they're mean? 594618053
    Maria Kuran
    Maria Kuran
    Vampire Noble Class
    Vampire Noble Class

Post by Maria Kuran Mon Dec 26, 2011 9:10 pm

lililovelilica wrote:For me Kaname's true nightmare is the vision of Yuuki's death!
    that would be horrible!
    that's why we can't assume that hino-sensei would kill one of the three principal Characters ot of the blue right? Those words when Rido said to Kaname in chapter 76,what do you think they're mean? 594618053

We really don´t know!!! Sad Hino-sensei give us to many problems!!! we can not asume anything!!!

Those words when Rido said to Kaname in chapter 76,what do you think they're mean? Kaname_and_yuki_by_mewtamara
    mariangie
    mariangie
    Pureblood Vampire
    Pureblood Vampire

Humor : Mad Doctor

Post by mariangie Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:24 pm

Not necessary Yuuki will have to die .Nor Kaname . Premonition in stories are used many times as a way fro characters to try to prevent these tragic events . So if my idea is true . Most probably there is a way to save Yuuki and Kaname from this dreadful future .
    SassyKnight
    SassyKnight
    Vampire Noble Class
    Vampire Noble Class

Warning ZoneThose words when Rido said to Kaname in chapter 76,what do you think they're mean? Drops2

Post by SassyKnight Tue Dec 27, 2011 6:18 am

I think it's a vision of Yuki's death..And that Rido has a strong connection with Kaname I think he'll be able to somehow take control of Kaname and do what he wants and thats why Kaname is keeping his distance from her...

And IMO, I think Kaname has a side of him thats extremely cruel and dangerous, and Kaname probably has no control of that part of himself. Kaname is full of lies and won't tell Yuki anything...It drives me insane... Razz But I think eventually he will, and Yuki will finally make up her decision on who she loves...

But what I found interesting in the manga was when Rido said this to Kaname "You want to watch over your beloved bird as she flaps her young wings...But you also want to tear off those wings..." So does that mean that Kaname has a part of him that wants to kill her? scratch scratch scratch confused confused confused
    Maria Kuran
    Maria Kuran
    Vampire Noble Class
    Vampire Noble Class

Post by Maria Kuran Tue Dec 27, 2011 3:14 pm

SassyKnight wrote:I think it's a vision of Yuki's death..And that Rido has a strong connection with Kaname I think he'll be able to somehow take control of Kaname and do what he wants and thats why Kaname is keeping his distance from her...

And IMO, I think Kaname has a side of him thats extremely cruel and dangerous, and Kaname probably has no control of that part of himself. Kaname is full of lies and won't tell Yuki anything...It drives me insane... Razz But I think eventually he will, and Yuki will finally make up her decision on who she loves...

But what I found interesting in the manga was when Rido said this to Kaname "You want to watch over your beloved bird as she flaps her young wings...But you also want to tear off those wings..." So does that mean that Kaname has a part of him that wants to kill her? scratch scratch scratch confused confused confused

I think no kill her, the meaning there is "Have yuki just for him" keep lock up in the mansion, and chained to him for ever, and well that meaning too the bad part of kaname... like this picture... And if you look well, "yuki", i think is her, she is white dress With A hooded, like a women we know, so hi That Meaning That does all that thing for her to Keeping "life" and not sacrifice. ..

Those words when Rido said to Kaname in chapter 76,what do you think they're mean? 6
    stilldollgaze
    stilldollgaze
    Common Vampire
    Common Vampire

Humor : (* o*) the funny stuff

Post by stilldollgaze Tue Dec 27, 2011 11:39 pm

SassyKnight wrote:

No I dont think it means he wants to kill her I believe it means that he wants her to be free but he also wishes to take her freedom away and keep her away from the world just for himself.

heres a page that helps explain.
    http://www.mangareader.net/104-40425-27/vampire-knight/chapter-56.html

In here kaname directly say that he wants Yuuki to himself.

I hope this helps you.

And in the future chapter when the two meet Yuuki nor any of our favorite charather dies.It would be bad becuase we would have reactions like this: Those words when Rido said to Kaname in chapter 76,what do you think they're mean? 3476048923 Those words when Rido said to Kaname in chapter 76,what do you think they're mean? 2893101595 Those words when Rido said to Kaname in chapter 76,what do you think they're mean? 3887309346 Those words when Rido said to Kaname in chapter 76,what do you think they're mean? 4155267722 cryyyyyyy Those words when Rido said to Kaname in chapter 76,what do you think they're mean? 3428452064 Those words when Rido said to Kaname in chapter 76,what do you think they're mean? 1960618621 :[IMG]http://i9 Those words when Rido said to Kaname in chapter 76,what do you think they're mean? 3622367455 Those words when Rido said to Kaname in chapter 76,what do you think they're mean? 131249377 explosive sFun_banghead2 sSc_jawdrop3 sSic_stretcher sSig_censored Those words when Rido said to Kaname in chapter 76,what do you think they're mean? 3621428690 And so on becuase that would be terrible.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:44 pm