Vampire Knight & Manga Forum

In order to fully enjoy the board and it's function, you can always log in or sign up to an account. Thank you...

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

In order to fully enjoy the board and it's function, you can always log in or sign up to an account. Thank you...

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Α forum dedicated to Hino's Matsuri best-seller manga Vampire Knight and the manga we love

Gallery

Fruits Basket Empty

Latest topics

» Do you trust Hino?
Fruits Basket I_icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2022 12:37 am by juliet

» Our Kaname is here!! Vampire Knight memories chapter 38
Fruits Basket I_icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2022 12:35 am by juliet

» Vampire knight Memories 38
Fruits Basket I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2022 4:18 am by juliet

» Where to Find Vampire Knight Memories Translation
Fruits Basket I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2022 1:29 am by juliet

» The Final Countdown
Fruits Basket I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2022 11:43 pm by juliet

» New VK Chapter is HERE!
Fruits Basket I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 11, 2017 7:42 am by lililovelilica

» Links for Other Vampire Knight Forums and Sites that you like and enjoy!!
Fruits Basket I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2016 7:25 pm by Saphira_K

» VK Memories CH 6!
Fruits Basket I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2016 6:13 pm by Saphira_K

» VK Memories
Fruits Basket I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2016 5:59 pm by Saphira_K

» New VK Chapter SPOILERS!
Fruits Basket I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2016 5:47 pm by Saphira_K

» New VK Bonus Ch!!
Fruits Basket I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2015 12:53 am by Saphira_K

» Translation of 'Fleeting Dreams'
Fruits Basket I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2015 2:20 am by Saphira_K

» Bunko Editions
Fruits Basket I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2015 2:18 am by Saphira_K

» New Vampire knight Extra
Fruits Basket I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2015 2:15 am by Saphira_K

» The Musical (Original and Revive)
Fruits Basket I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2015 2:40 am by Dreamiel

» NEW CHAPTER IN 2015?
Fruits Basket I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2015 12:16 am by Unknown00

» Newbie in the forum...
Fruits Basket I_icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2015 7:13 pm by aisan4494

» Who do you think Yuki loves more: Kaname or Zero?
Fruits Basket I_icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2015 7:09 pm by aisan4494

» Zeki or Yume?
Fruits Basket I_icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2015 7:04 pm by aisan4494

» So What will happen of Kaname?
Fruits Basket I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2015 6:25 pm by matei alina

We and the Youtube

Poll

would you like to read a sequel of vk?or is hino thinking of writing one?
Fruits Basket Bar_left59%Fruits Basket Bar_right 59% [ 24 ]
Fruits Basket Bar_left27%Fruits Basket Bar_right 27% [ 11 ]
Fruits Basket Bar_left15%Fruits Basket Bar_right 15% [ 6 ]

Total Votes : 41

Friends

Terry Candy

+8
roronoa-zoro
mariangie
Elfiena Fiefie
neosolaris12
ambi9942*
aya-chan
Amaran
LovelyLadyJ
12 posters

Fruits Basket

LovelyLadyJ
    LovelyLadyJ
    Human

Warning ZoneFruits Basket Dropsoa

Fruits Basket Empty Fruits Basket

Post by LovelyLadyJ Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:06 am

I have watched and read some of Fruits basket but i have so many other manga that i want to read, so is it worth it to keep reading, i ordered volume 9 to start soon, but should i skip it or is it worth it. I like it right now but is it gonna stay good. I hope it stays good though.
    help
    plus i just love the characters so i really hope it does, I love Sigure, Ayame, and Hatori who is so hot Fruits Basket 1019656462
    Amaran
    Amaran
    Human

Fruits Basket Empty Re: Fruits Basket

Post by Amaran Sun Jul 31, 2011 6:19 am

Oh fruits basket is like my favorite shoujo! I definitely think it's worth reading ^___^
    LovelyLadyJ
    LovelyLadyJ
    Human

Post by LovelyLadyJ Sun Jul 31, 2011 6:17 pm

okay, great becuase i really do love it Very Happy
    aya-chan
    aya-chan
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Humor : oiseaux de se ressemble s'assemble

Post by aya-chan Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:01 pm

I watched only the anime. my fav chara is yuki. i wanted once to read the manga, but I dropped it cause I found out something else.
    LovelyLadyJ
    LovelyLadyJ
    Human

Post by LovelyLadyJ Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:33 am

aya-chan wrote:I watched only the anime. my fav chara is yuki. i wanted once to read the manga, but I dropped it cause I found out something else.

I like yuki but for me (and quoting kyo kyo here) he is kind of a girly man, tho he is really cute and sweet, but i love Momiji cuz he's a rabbit like me! what manga did you like better than it, and pick up instead of it?
    ambi9942*
    ambi9942*
    Level-E
    Level-E

Humor : always

Post by ambi9942* Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:16 am

LovelyLadyJ wrote:
    aya-chan wrote:I watched only the anime. my fav chara is yuki. i wanted once to read the manga, but I dropped it cause I found out something else.

I like yuki but for me (and quoting kyo kyo here) he is kind of a girly man, tho he is really cute and sweet, but i love Momiji cuz he's a rabbit like me! what manga did you like better than it, and pick up instead of it?
    just to comment my favorite character is kyo. i was really happy with the manga but i got hocked on by the anime i segest if you like the anime go for the manga like i did. Smile

To answer your question i think that kuroshitsuji (black butler) and kaichou wa maid-sama are probably the first two animes or mangas i would pick up before fruits basket.Razz
    neosolaris12
    neosolaris12
    Level-E
    Level-E

Humor : *insert laugh here* ....no? Still trying...

Post by neosolaris12 Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:11 am

It's definitely worth reading and finishing. It's different than other shoujo teen school novels, it's actually got a really good storyline with humor, bittersweet sadness, and real life messages. There are some shocking moments as well as aww-moments, but overall, it is a lovely read. The ending made me cry, not out of sadness, but how precious it was Very Happy
    Elfiena Fiefie
    Elfiena Fiefie
    Human

Post by Elfiena Fiefie Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:52 am

well,the ending really surprised me Fruits Basket 2555855207
    At first I thought Touru will choose Yuki but she end up choosing Kyo. I personally love yuki at first but then I thought she made the perfect choice, it still a happy ending n i love happy ending! Fruits Basket 812189494

I just thought, is it possible for VK to have such unpredictable ending?? what if kaname in yuki situation and zero in kyo situation?? is that mean that yuuki will choose zero?? Fruits Basket 2747345646 oh my, I cant imagine that..
    LovelyLadyJ
    LovelyLadyJ
    Human

Post by LovelyLadyJ Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:32 pm

ambi9942* wrote:
    LovelyLadyJ wrote:

just to comment my favorite character is kyo. i was really happy with the manga but i got hocked on by the anime i segest if you like the anime go for the manga like i did. Smile

To answer your question i think that kuroshitsuji (black butler) and kaichou wa maid-sama are probably the first two animes or mangas i would pick up before fruits basket.Razz

I love all the characters except for hatsuharu and yuki, not becuase they aren't cool just becuase they don't really have anything that stands out about them except the story for hastuharu with the whole ox and rat thing. Also thank you, i did watch kaichou wa maid-sama and i am going to read the whole thing and i have seen black butler in places but i never bothered to read it, i don't know why, i just didn't. But i will now. bounce
    mariangie
    mariangie
    Pureblood Vampire
    Pureblood Vampire

Humor : Mad Doctor

Post by mariangie Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:56 pm

Elfiena Fiefie wrote:well,the ending really surprised me Fruits Basket 2555855207
    At first I thought Touru will choose Yuki but she end up choosing Kyo. I personally love yuki at first but then I thought she made the perfect choice, it still a happy ending n i love happy ending! Fruits Basket 812189494

I just thought, is it possible for VK to have such unpredictable ending?? what if kaname in yuki situation and zero in kyo situation?? is that mean that yuuki will choose zero?? Fruits Basket 2747345646 oh my, I cant imagine that..

Weird for being surprised with Touru ending with Kyo instead of Yuuki . That was soo obvious after the first 8 volumes ( and are 23 in total ) . Unless you only see the anime .( Which covers only the first 8 volumes .)

The main surprise in Furuba was supposed to be how the curse could be broken . I think it was a little lame how this happens .

A little secret (not) : there this rumor . The story originally was planned for Yuuki and Touru ending together . Then as the mangaka discovers the fans opinios were more inclined about Kyo and Touru as end couple . She just change the story to please fans .

I read ( and brought ) it as many people rants this is their favorite manga . Personally I found it kind of bland . Maybe I was expecting more due to fans opinions . Or maybe I tend to prefer Shonen more .( but read a lot of shojo also ). Don't care about main characters here . Some side characters where more intersting .
    roronoa-zoro
    roronoa-zoro
    Level-E
    Level-E

Post by roronoa-zoro Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:20 pm

mariangie wrote:

A little secret (not) : there this rumor . The story originally was planned for Yuuki and Touru ending together . Then as the mangaka discovers the fans opinios were more inclined about Kyo and Touru as end couple . She just change the story to please fans .

Groundless rumor probably made up by some fans frustrated with the ending...it's been hinted since the very beginning that she would choose Kyo in the end.

Tohru loves the cat. Very first chapter :
    http://www.mangafox.com/manga/fruits_basket/c001.1/8.html
    http://www.mangafox.com/manga/fruits_basket/c001.1/9.html
    http://www.mangafox.com/manga/fruits_basket/c001.1/10.html

http://www.mangafox.com/manga/fruits_basket/c002/8.html
    Upon meeting Kyo for the first time... Shigure introducing the "cat" to Tohru.

http://www.mangafox.com/manga/fruits_basket/c002/9.html
    Her reaction to it...

Moreover, Yuki never addressed her by her first name, it was always "Honda-san"...All these hints made it obvious it would be a Kyoru ending.
    sari15
    Human

Post by sari15 Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:45 pm

mariangie wrote:

LOL As someone who was in the Furuba fandom pretty hard during it...the only place I have ever heard this 'rumor' is surprisingly in the Vampire Knight fandom. I'd love to see where this was said by Takaya.

As Roronoa said, it was fairly obvious quite early in the series what direction it was going. If you reread it, the signs are obvious. It's a series I've worn the covers off of often due to rereading and I'm very impressed with how well planned and plotted the whole series was. The forshadowing Takaya does is impressive the whole way through. She didn't 'change' pairings at all...
    nina
    nina
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Humor : Black sarcasm

Post by nina Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:56 pm

Well I liked this series but the truth is that I’ve been waiting much more according to fans’ comments or based on its popularity. I had greater expectations… But I found the psychological aspect pretty interesting … It goes deep and convey very well some messages.

mariangie wrote: A little secret (not) : there this rumor . The story originally was planned for Yuuki and Touru ending together . Then as the mangaka discovers the fans opinios were more inclined about Kyo and Touru as end couple . She just change the story to please fans .

Mmm I heard that too… Maybe that’s why the resolution of the LT was very lame and poor IMO … Even if there were signs about Kyo/Toru ending still the way Yuki “withdrawed” from the “claim” was … bleh! Up to a point both guys where in the game and I hadn’t specific preference… I liked them both. But Yuki’s explanation >>>I see you as a mother? WTF! Haha at least sister would be better… Razz
    sari15
    Human

Post by sari15 Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:12 pm

nina wrote:Mmm I heard that too… Maybe that’s why the resolution of the LT was very lame and poor IMO … Even if there were signs about Kyo/Toru ending still the way Yuki “withdrawed” from the “claim” was … bleh! Up to a point both guys where in the game and I hadn’t specific preference… I liked them both. But Yuki’s explanation >>>I see you as a mother? WTF! Haha at least sister would be better… Razz

Warning. I can talk about Furuba forever and the dynamics between just about every relationship...

This is honestly the best way he could describe it though. Yes, it sounds odd and awkward but there was no other comparison for Yuki to make in regards to how he viewed her. Did he view her as literally his 'mom'? Gosh no, because he did genuinely have feelings for Tohru that were romantic in nature.

Both Yuki and Tohru placed each other on a pedestal and could not really see the other on the same plane. Tohru's was imagined while Yuki's was actually real. Yuki was terrified of interaction with anyone. Especially those outside the Sohma estate. His own family used him as a tool, turned their backs on him, abandoned him for their own gain. Friends he actually made had their memories wiped from a mistake. Social interaction terrified him to the point that everyone saw him as an image and not for what he genuinely was. If he fell, there was literally no one to be there to pick him back up. No friends, no family--nothing. Growing up, all he had was Akito. That's it. Akito tormented and terrified him and no one would listen.

Until Tohru, Yuki had nothing 'unconditional'. No one that wanted to be near him because of HIM, no matter what. No place he could fall back on when something fell apart who would catch him. Tohru's the one who allowed him to acknowledge his weaknesses and gave him the strength to push past them. Who supported him as he literally grew up. To put it simply, he took and was unable to give anything back because he couldn't catch up with her. 'You're like those stars' They were something he couldn't grasp.

Kyou, on the other hand, had that basic support as a child from Kazuma. There was mutual support in that relationship, Kyou had the ability to help Tohru with her troubles and vice versa. In fact, look at the dynamics of chapter 125, which is the chapter Yuki finally just LOSES it and beats the crap out of Kyou. It's because Kyou is the only one that CAN help Tohru. The boys both confess they wanted to be the other one. THINK about what it meant for both of them. Kyou wanted people to respect him, due to his place in the zodiac. He was envious of the natural respect people gave to Yuki. Surface. This is all surface envy.

Yuki on the other hand literally wanted Kyou's life. Someone that would support him, that he could run home to and give him the love he needed. The ability to interact with others and for them to genuinely get to know him. To actually have the skills to support another person. This is a huge difference from what Kyou wanted. These are basic needs for survival and social interaction.

Yuki said in his conversation with Kakeru that "He wanted something for himself." He literally had been watching Kyou and Tohru's relationship develop. The basis he made for a healthy relationship--what he wanted from his own relationships was what Kyou and Tohru had. Even before they were 'together'. He did a lot of observing of them during the beach house chapters and the wide gap between what he had with her and what Kyou had with her was already so evident.

Tohru's the one that taught him the things about interaction, trust and love that parents are supposed to teach. She supported him when he was having difficulties with the Student Council, giving him the base to support him as he worked through his issues. Therefore she's like a mother.
    ambi9942*
    ambi9942*
    Level-E
    Level-E

Post by ambi9942* Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:40 pm

sari15 wrote:
    nina wrote:Mmm I heard that too… Maybe that’s why the resolution of the LT was very lame and poor IMO … Even if there were signs about Kyo/Toru ending still the way Yuki “withdrawed” from the “claim” was … bleh! Up to a point both guys where in the game and I hadn’t specific preference… I liked them both. But Yuki’s explanation >>>I see you as a mother? WTF! Haha at least sister would be better… Razz

Warning. I can talk about Furuba forever and the dynamics between just about every relationship...

This is honestly the best way he could describe it though. Yes, it sounds odd and awkward but there was no other comparison for Yuki to make in regards to how he viewed her. Did he view her as literally his 'mom'? Gosh no, because he did genuinely have feelings for Tohru that were romantic in nature.

Both Yuki and Tohru placed each other on a pedestal and could not really see the other on the same plane. Tohru's was imagined while Yuki's was actually real. Yuki was terrified of interaction with anyone. Especially those outside the Sohma estate. His own family used him as a tool, turned their backs on him, abandoned him for their own gain. Friends he actually made had their memories wiped from a mistake. Social interaction terrified him to the point that everyone saw him as an image and not for what he genuinely was. If he fell, there was literally no one to be there to pick him back up. No friends, no family--nothing. Growing up, all he had was Akito. That's it. Akito tormented and terrified him and no one would listen.

Until Tohru, Yuki had nothing 'unconditional'. No one that wanted to be near him because of HIM, no matter what. No place he could fall back on when something fell apart who would catch him. Tohru's the one who allowed him to acknowledge his weaknesses and gave him the strength to push past them. Who supported him as he literally grew up. To put it simply, he took and was unable to give anything back because he couldn't catch up with her. 'You're like those stars' They were something he couldn't grasp.

Kyou, on the other hand, had that basic support as a child from Kazuma. There was mutual support in that relationship, Kyou had the ability to help Tohru with her troubles and vice versa. In fact, look at the dynamics of chapter 125, which is the chapter Yuki finally just LOSES it and beats the crap out of Kyou. It's because Kyou is the only one that CAN help Tohru. The boys both confess they wanted to be the other one. THINK about what it meant for both of them. Kyou wanted people to respect him, due to his place in the zodiac. He was envious of the natural respect people gave to Yuki. Surface. This is all surface envy.

Yuki on the other hand literally wanted Kyou's life. Someone that would support him, that he could run home to and give him the love he needed. The ability to interact with others and for them to genuinely get to know him. To actually have the skills to support another person. This is a huge difference from what Kyou wanted. These are basic needs for survival and social interaction.

Yuki said in his conversation with Kakeru that "He wanted something for himself." He literally had been watching Kyou and Tohru's relationship develop. The basis he made for a healthy relationship--what he wanted from his own relationships was what Kyou and Tohru had. Even before they were 'together'. He did a lot of observing of them during the beach house chapters and the wide gap between what he had with her and what Kyou had with her was already so evident.

Tohru's the one that taught him the things about interaction, trust and love that parents are supposed to teach. She supported him when he was having difficulties with the Student Council, giving him the base to support him as he worked through his issues. Therefore she's like a mother.
    Fruits Basket 762813 But tohru wasnt always seen like a mother to yuki. at first i think he just thought of her as a good friend and in the very begining there was a few times when the author would make it clear that he "had" romantic feelings for her. It was later on when different events happend that he notice the way her character reacted and helped people that he started to realize his feelings for her was of a mother instead of an actual love intrest. i bet thats a big part of why both yuki and kyo where so very protective they both had a certain feelin of love toward her.Fruits Basket 1713890440
    Elfiena Fiefie
    Elfiena Fiefie
    Human

Post by Elfiena Fiefie Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:30 pm

Thats why its seem confused for me when suddenly yuki thought of Tohru as his mother after at the early chapter he acting like he really loves her (not as his mother). well, overall it was a happy ending n almost every character have their own partner. i hope VK will end with a happy ending too shy
    ambi9942*
    ambi9942*
    Level-E
    Level-E

Post by ambi9942* Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:22 pm

Elfiena Fiefie wrote:Thats why its seem confused for me when suddenly yuki thought of Tohru as his mother after at the early chapter he acting like he really loves her (not as his mother). well, overall it was a happy ending n almost every character have their own partner. i hope VK will end with a happy ending too Fruits Basket 115134
    I completly agree! Fruits Basket 1713890440 Fruits Basket 1713890440 lets hope its is!Fruits Basket 14536
    shizza24
    shizza24
    Vampire Noble Class
    Vampire Noble Class

Post by shizza24 Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:12 am

What I liked about Fruits basket was that the love triangle was a very well balanced one. I never once disliked Tohru and she was a very likable character. In the entire story she too was undecided about her feelings for either guy but she never two-timed with the both of them like a certain other character we know! When she did finally make up her mind about one guy, she didn't back out of it and stuck to her decision of loving only him, again unlike this other character we know of xP This attitude of Yuuki on the other hand gave her a very annoying streak...
    ambi9942*
    ambi9942*
    Level-E
    Level-E

Post by ambi9942* Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:27 am

shizza24 wrote:What I liked about Fruits basket was that the love triangle was a very well balanced one. I never once disliked Tohru and she was a very likable character. In the entire story she too was undecided about her feelings for either guy but she never two-timed with the both of them like a certain other character we know! When she did finally make up her mind about one guy, she didn't back out of it and stuck to her decision of loving only him, again unlike this other character we know of xP This attitude of Yuuki on the other hand gave her a very annoying streak...
    Fruits Basket 1098764838 thats true but there is also a huge diffrence in the way that they connected.Fruits Basket 377594 in Yuki's case there are alot of other obsticals that she has to face before she can end up with whom ever Hino chooses. with Tohru there was only the one main conflicked that she worked toward to overcome. also yuki has relationships with both zero and kaname. she had been in love with kaname and eventually started to have feelings for zero. were as tohru was just classmates with yuki soma and kyo was his cousin so its not like she really had history with them which put her in a better situation than what yuki is in.Smile
    shizza24
    shizza24
    Vampire Noble Class
    Vampire Noble Class

Post by shizza24 Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:17 am

Yea I guess Yuuki did have a lot of other stuff to sort out other than her relationship with the two guys so we can give her that...
    Alwin
    Human

Post by Alwin Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:51 am

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:04 pm