Vampire Knight & Manga Forum

In order to fully enjoy the board and it's function, you can always log in or sign up to an account. Thank you...

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

In order to fully enjoy the board and it's function, you can always log in or sign up to an account. Thank you...

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Α forum dedicated to Hino's Matsuri best-seller manga Vampire Knight and the manga we love

Gallery

Ancesters and There Powers Empty

Latest topics

» Do you trust Hino?
Ancesters and There Powers I_icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2022 12:37 am by juliet

» Our Kaname is here!! Vampire Knight memories chapter 38
Ancesters and There Powers I_icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2022 12:35 am by juliet

» Vampire knight Memories 38
Ancesters and There Powers I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2022 4:18 am by juliet

» Where to Find Vampire Knight Memories Translation
Ancesters and There Powers I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2022 1:29 am by juliet

» The Final Countdown
Ancesters and There Powers I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2022 11:43 pm by juliet

» New VK Chapter is HERE!
Ancesters and There Powers I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 11, 2017 7:42 am by lililovelilica

» Links for Other Vampire Knight Forums and Sites that you like and enjoy!!
Ancesters and There Powers I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2016 7:25 pm by Saphira_K

» VK Memories CH 6!
Ancesters and There Powers I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2016 6:13 pm by Saphira_K

» VK Memories
Ancesters and There Powers I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2016 5:59 pm by Saphira_K

» New VK Chapter SPOILERS!
Ancesters and There Powers I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2016 5:47 pm by Saphira_K

» New VK Bonus Ch!!
Ancesters and There Powers I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2015 12:53 am by Saphira_K

» Translation of 'Fleeting Dreams'
Ancesters and There Powers I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2015 2:20 am by Saphira_K

» Bunko Editions
Ancesters and There Powers I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2015 2:18 am by Saphira_K

» New Vampire knight Extra
Ancesters and There Powers I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2015 2:15 am by Saphira_K

» The Musical (Original and Revive)
Ancesters and There Powers I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2015 2:40 am by Dreamiel

» NEW CHAPTER IN 2015?
Ancesters and There Powers I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2015 12:16 am by Unknown00

» Newbie in the forum...
Ancesters and There Powers I_icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2015 7:13 pm by aisan4494

» Who do you think Yuki loves more: Kaname or Zero?
Ancesters and There Powers I_icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2015 7:09 pm by aisan4494

» Zeki or Yume?
Ancesters and There Powers I_icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2015 7:04 pm by aisan4494

» So What will happen of Kaname?
Ancesters and There Powers I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2015 6:25 pm by matei alina

We and the Youtube

Poll

would you like to read a sequel of vk?or is hino thinking of writing one?
Ancesters and There Powers Bar_left59%Ancesters and There Powers Bar_right 59% [ 24 ]
Ancesters and There Powers Bar_left27%Ancesters and There Powers Bar_right 27% [ 11 ]
Ancesters and There Powers Bar_left15%Ancesters and There Powers Bar_right 15% [ 6 ]

Total Votes : 41

Friends

Terry Candy

+4
mariangie
RedSonja
juliet
rumland
8 posters

Ancesters and There Powers

rumland
    rumland
    Vampire Noble Class
    Vampire Noble Class

Warning ZoneAncesters and There Powers Dropsoa

Ancesters and There Powers Empty Ancesters and There Powers

Post by rumland Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:16 am

Ok from what I gather from the story ancesters are a lot more powerfull then the new pb's and most if not all the pb's inbread, so if the dna stayed pretty much the same then why is there such a huge defrence?

I have a thery on that. We know that in the time of the ancesters there were a lot of pb's, and now there are very few, I belive we can tell why the ancesters are so strong comapired to the new borns just by looking at what is going on in the story now, we have a vampire with desires going around trying to feed on the other pb's, we have seen them do this in a desire for power, kaname, rido, sara, and shizuka (she wanted to but didn't get the chance) all of them have done it so far so if they are doing it now then why not back then?

This might also explain the whole protecter of the pb's title cause if they were hunting each other to gain power chances are sooner of later they would have all died and aparently it is a big enought crime for 1 pb to feed on another (to the point of killing them) for kaname to hide that he did it even thought the one he feed on was considered a dangerous vampire.

So long story short maybe the reason the ancesters are so strong is not cause they were born first but cause the toke power from the other pb's.

What is every one elses take on this?
    juliet
    juliet
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Humor : Anytime...

Ancesters and There Powers Empty Re: Ancesters and There Powers

Post by juliet Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:10 am

The ancestors had originally greater powers -that's in the fanbook...now adding in that the lives they may have devoured and added to their own power over the centuries, of course we are talking about quite powerful beings...

Kaname's case is an example as we do not know many ancestors. Yet I thnk there are others as we have said and that Ouri and Hanadagi were quite old (if not from the first ancestors generations perhaps some centuries Later)...

Generally the newest generations can not compete with the old ones in relation to powers so we see Sara now consuming powers to grow stronger in order to confront Kaname. But has she any idea of his original power or when to stop?

For now Kaname does not seem to worry about her (probably due to her lack of anti-vampire weapons). So I think she has way to go still in terms of power.
    RedSonja
    RedSonja
    Level-E
    Level-E

Post by RedSonja Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:33 pm

i agree with juliet....i think that purebloods are very complicated creatures....i havent fully understand their power limits...for example,do they have only one power like the aristocrats or more like kaname?and something that might be quite irrelevant...pbs live forever...aristocrats and other vampires have this ability? scratch im asking cause its implied that they dont,but when kaname asked yuki if she wanted to become a vampire and live forever by his side it was suggested that all vampires live forever...
    unfortunately,some topics are not explained much in the story..... explosive
    rumland
    rumland
    Vampire Noble Class
    Vampire Noble Class

Post by rumland Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:47 pm

Yuki was a pb from the start, and kaname knew that so he made the offer and almost followed thru with it, but pulled away at the last sec. As for the actual age terms in living years, it dosen't actualy say how old the normal vamps can live to be, just that the pb's are real hard to kill and hence can live a long time. Most pb's are not even actualy there listed age, kaname is listed as being 10k plus years, however how many of those years were spent slumbering? I think his actualy age is more around 3,000 to 4,000, before the kaname fan girls get angry I only used him cause he is the one we have seen that we are sure is an ancester.
    RedSonja
    RedSonja
    Level-E
    Level-E

Post by RedSonja Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:57 pm

mmmm thats an option....but im also curious about this:if kaname and the hooded woman didnt have children,then from whom are juri,haruka and rido descended from??were there any relatives of kanames??it is mentioned somewhere by juri that kaname is as serious as her grandfather but its not said if there were any members of the kuran family in slumber....brain-storming!!!! Ancesters and There Powers 1547219295
    rumland
    rumland
    Vampire Noble Class
    Vampire Noble Class

Post by rumland Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:11 pm

lol there is another thing that has a lot of debate, obviously there had to be a women who gave birth to at least 1 kid for kaname, but it is being dabated on if it is the hooded lady or not, I belive it is the hoodeed lady, from what I gather the other side belives it is yuki jumped back in time some how, I guese they dont think kaname is as pure if he loves more then 1 girl or some thing, again that is what I gathered from it.
    mariangie
    mariangie
    Pureblood Vampire
    Pureblood Vampire

Humor : Mad Doctor

Post by mariangie Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:28 pm

Actually it appears Kaname is Juuri's only grandfather . So her comment of chapter 35 was just making a joke about Kaname behaving exactly as when he had his original ancestor's body . As she remembers him from 2000 - 3000 years ago . Of course we were not supposed to know this information the first time we read this . The time Juuri's knew her grandfather before he chosen enter an eternal slumber . ( I'm talking of ancestor Kaname of course . )

The mystery is who was the female pureblood who was Kaname's wife / mate . The one he had kids from . Alias Juuri , Haruka and Rido's only grandmother . And the only great - grand - mother of Yuuki . If she was the braided hooded pureblood lady or other female pureblood ?????

Logic implies Kaname had to need some female pureblood to start the Kuran line . But the story is strongly hiding who she was . Maybe because this would became an extremely important issue when revealed . Maybe could even explain why Kaname is so in love with Yuuki now . And his motivations and actions at this second arc .
    rumland
    rumland
    Vampire Noble Class
    Vampire Noble Class

Post by rumland Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:54 pm

I dont think kaname is there grandfather, maybe there great or great great. Rido tells him there is more of his keen on the other side of the door, if kaname had meet yurri then he would have known that already. I think she was talking about the guys house kaname went over to, it is normal to call some one grandpa that is close to your family, I have 3 grandpa's that are no relation to me at all.
    juliet
    juliet
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Humor : Anytime...

Post by juliet Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:27 am

rumland wrote:I dont think kaname is there grandfather, maybe there great or great great. Rido tells him there is more of his keen on the other side of the door, if kaname had meet yurri then he would have known that already. I think she was talking about the guys house kaname went over to, it is normal to call some one grandpa that is close to your family, I have 3 grandpa's that are no relation to me at all.

But Kaname kept his identity most of a secret or did not speak about it (like both ends knew it but did not speak about it as in a case of a bitter truth)...Haruka later on during their confrontation with Rido admitted they knew, but he was always like their dear son to them...

In any way I mean to say that even if Yuuri was referring as grandpa to her own grandfather (that could be Kaname) or to Ichijo's grandfather (Asato), the truth was underlying and the both knew at this age that Kaname was, so that makes it possible.....
    aerah08
    aerah08
    Human

Post by aerah08 Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:28 pm

rumland wrote:lol there is another thing that has a lot of debate, obviously there had to be a women who gave birth to at least 1 kid for kaname, but it is being dabated on if it is the hooded lady or not, I belive it is the hoodeed lady, from what I gather the other side belives it is yuki jumped back in time some how, I guese they dont think kaname is as pure if he loves more then 1 girl or some thing, again that is what I gathered from it.

hmmm.. scratch i don't think yuuki intends to jumped back on the past just to marry kaname? If that's the case then the whole story will be non-sense.. since there's no drama or spice happening since Yuuki "choses" to marry kaname on the past..

i think it is up to Hino what story she shall make for this typical matter..
    Pinacolada
    Pinacolada
    Level-E
    Level-E

Post by Pinacolada Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:26 pm

I favorise the theorie that she is the reincarnation of his beloved wife...remind yourselves of the chapter which she drank his blood and was able to see in the past..then suddenly he(Kaname in the memory) was able to recognize her too.She was standing on a mirror ....you see what I mean? mirror? self reflection???
    Akaruisama
    Akaruisama
    Pureblood Vampire
    Pureblood Vampire

Post by Akaruisama Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:46 pm

Pinacolada wrote:I favorise the theorie that she is the reincarnation of his beloved wife...remind yourselves of the chapter which she drank his blood and was able to see in the past..then suddenly he(Kaname in the memory) was able to recognize her too.She was standing on a mirror ....you see what I mean? mirror? self reflection???

I agree with you. The idea of reincarnation of female ancestor is very romantic. In that case she would be the only one he has anytime loved.
    And Zero would loose any chance to be with her cheers

The mirror is apparently a symbol, it can mean the long way of knowlege with must be passed by Yuuki to stand beside Kaname when he is proceeding his work for change vampire society.
    caela
    caela
    Vampire Noble Class
    Vampire Noble Class

Humor : quirky

Post by caela Tue Oct 11, 2011 8:00 am

(Will make a token attempt to stay on topic)
    Kaname the ancestor is really good at cleaning rooms:
    Before: http://www.mangareader.net/104-2157-21/vampire-knight/chapter-31.html

After (the next day, same chapter)
    http://www.mangareader.net/104-2157-25/vampire-knight/chapter-31.html

The two pages are the aftermath and clean-up of the Kaname-Zero bite scene. Kaname is really good at renovations, really really good. Zero and Kaname really trashed the room previously, like destroyed walls and building structure. ::shaking head:: I wish I were an ancestor vampire, maybe my room would be clean.

Akaruisama
    The idea of reincarnation of female ancestor is very romantic. In that case she would be the only one he has anytime loved.
    And Zero would loose any chance to be with her

I don't know if Yuuki would agree that being a reincarnation is romantic. Her visions during her flashback period just before returning to being a vampire were disturbing. I'm only picking one scene, the bathtub scene:

http://www.mangareader.net/104-2153-11/vampire-knight/chapter-27.html

This is alot of blood. I don't think Yuuki experienced such a bloody scene while living in the Kuran mansion as a child. Even the memory of Yuuki's mother dying in front of her cannot justify the amount of blood Yuuki saw. A tub of blood is more than the blood of one person. I think this is Yuuki's memory of being murdered in her past life and I don't think Yuuki was the only victim.

If Yuuki and Kaname were in love in a past life, I also see some hints that the relationship did not end well (i.e. Zero has a chance at being with Yuuki endgame.) The chapter 35 phrase from Kaname, "Yuuki, please, only you," might sound romantic, but it also shows Kaname does not want to interact with a Yuuki with all her past life memories. I won't even try to guess why that would be the case, but I don't take that situation as a positive sign for Kaname's past relationship with Yuuki. (I would go into other points, but I'm lazy, sorry. If someone wants to debate, I'll put more effort into this point)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content