Vampire Knight & Manga Forum

In order to fully enjoy the board and it's function, you can always log in or sign up to an account. Thank you...

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

In order to fully enjoy the board and it's function, you can always log in or sign up to an account. Thank you...

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Α forum dedicated to Hino's Matsuri best-seller manga Vampire Knight and the manga we love

Gallery

starcrossed lovers (GENERAL TOPIC ) Empty

Latest topics

» Do you trust Hino?
starcrossed lovers (GENERAL TOPIC ) I_icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2022 12:37 am by juliet

» Our Kaname is here!! Vampire Knight memories chapter 38
starcrossed lovers (GENERAL TOPIC ) I_icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2022 12:35 am by juliet

» Vampire knight Memories 38
starcrossed lovers (GENERAL TOPIC ) I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2022 4:18 am by juliet

» Where to Find Vampire Knight Memories Translation
starcrossed lovers (GENERAL TOPIC ) I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2022 1:29 am by juliet

» The Final Countdown
starcrossed lovers (GENERAL TOPIC ) I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2022 11:43 pm by juliet

» New VK Chapter is HERE!
starcrossed lovers (GENERAL TOPIC ) I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 11, 2017 7:42 am by lililovelilica

» Links for Other Vampire Knight Forums and Sites that you like and enjoy!!
starcrossed lovers (GENERAL TOPIC ) I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2016 7:25 pm by Saphira_K

» VK Memories CH 6!
starcrossed lovers (GENERAL TOPIC ) I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2016 6:13 pm by Saphira_K

» VK Memories
starcrossed lovers (GENERAL TOPIC ) I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2016 5:59 pm by Saphira_K

» New VK Chapter SPOILERS!
starcrossed lovers (GENERAL TOPIC ) I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2016 5:47 pm by Saphira_K

» New VK Bonus Ch!!
starcrossed lovers (GENERAL TOPIC ) I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2015 12:53 am by Saphira_K

» Translation of 'Fleeting Dreams'
starcrossed lovers (GENERAL TOPIC ) I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2015 2:20 am by Saphira_K

» Bunko Editions
starcrossed lovers (GENERAL TOPIC ) I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2015 2:18 am by Saphira_K

» New Vampire knight Extra
starcrossed lovers (GENERAL TOPIC ) I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2015 2:15 am by Saphira_K

» The Musical (Original and Revive)
starcrossed lovers (GENERAL TOPIC ) I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2015 2:40 am by Dreamiel

» NEW CHAPTER IN 2015?
starcrossed lovers (GENERAL TOPIC ) I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2015 12:16 am by Unknown00

» Newbie in the forum...
starcrossed lovers (GENERAL TOPIC ) I_icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2015 7:13 pm by aisan4494

» Who do you think Yuki loves more: Kaname or Zero?
starcrossed lovers (GENERAL TOPIC ) I_icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2015 7:09 pm by aisan4494

» Zeki or Yume?
starcrossed lovers (GENERAL TOPIC ) I_icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2015 7:04 pm by aisan4494

» So What will happen of Kaname?
starcrossed lovers (GENERAL TOPIC ) I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2015 6:25 pm by matei alina

We and the Youtube

Poll

would you like to read a sequel of vk?or is hino thinking of writing one?
starcrossed lovers (GENERAL TOPIC ) Bar_left59%starcrossed lovers (GENERAL TOPIC ) Bar_right 59% [ 24 ]
starcrossed lovers (GENERAL TOPIC ) Bar_left27%starcrossed lovers (GENERAL TOPIC ) Bar_right 27% [ 11 ]
starcrossed lovers (GENERAL TOPIC ) Bar_left15%starcrossed lovers (GENERAL TOPIC ) Bar_right 15% [ 6 ]

Total Votes : 41

Friends

Terry Candy

4 posters

starcrossed lovers (GENERAL TOPIC )

Anneliezz
    Anneliezz
    Pureblood Vampire
    Pureblood Vampire

Humor : 1.Being a pure(blood) pervert. 2. Installing the day-class-spy-cameras in zero's room 3.WCZF-club!!
    Warning Zonestarcrossed lovers (GENERAL TOPIC ) Dropsoa

starcrossed lovers (GENERAL TOPIC ) Empty starcrossed lovers (GENERAL TOPIC )

Post by Anneliezz Sun Oct 30, 2011 11:38 pm

HI people.
    I know there is a similar post about starcrossed lovers, but I found it very interesting, and i'd like to take it a little further than only yume (yume can still be discussed :p, this is just more general )

Starcrossed lovers
    Lovers whose relationship is doomed to fail are said to be “star-crossed” (frustrated by the stars), because those who believe in astrologyclaim that the stars control human destiny. William Shakespeareused the phraseto describe the lovers in Romeo and Juliet.

note: This might have a good ending, but just in general it doesn't.
    note #2: I know there was an other definition in the other topic, but since I tried to be as correct as possible for the people who don't know the word. If you still wish to use the old descreption, you're free to do so, but in school I just learned that this one is more accurate.
    note #3:
    famous starcrossed lovers:
    Romeo and Juliet (shakespeare)
    Jack and Rose (titanic)
    Tristan and Isolde (myth)
    Piramus and Thisbe (Roman Mythology)
    Hero and Leander (Greek mythology)
    Guinevere and Lancelot (form King Arther-stuff)
    Characters from the illusionist (don't remember their names, but this
    Spoiler:

So Question: Wich couples in VK do you think are star-crossed? (there can be more than one) Why? Is there any other star-crossed lovers couple you'd like to compare them to? (And any other stuff related to this topic?More examples? OPinions about the examples)
    aya-chan
    aya-chan
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Humor : oiseaux de se ressemble s'assemble

starcrossed lovers (GENERAL TOPIC ) Empty Re: starcrossed lovers (GENERAL TOPIC )

Post by aya-chan Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:10 am

I searched in dictionary and found the next deffinition:

Opposed by fate; ill-fated: star-crossed lovers.
    dogged by ill luck; destined to misfortune
    [from cross (in the sense: thwart): so called because of the astrological belief that the stars affect people's destinies]

The previous deffintion from the other thread is not too different

"Star-crossed" or "star-crossed lovers" is a phrase describing a pair of lovers whose relationship is often thwarted by outside forces.

In both deffintions, relationship is thwarted by different factors.

In yume's case:
    -she was turned into a human and all her memories were lost
    -she was a human and he a pureblood vampire
    -he was her brother*she thought so*
    -she find out he's her progenitor
    -she learn about his sins
    -the current situation with kaname departure to fulfil his originals plans.

In zeki's case:
    -she was a human, he was a vampire, posibil to fall to level E
    -she became a pureblood vampire, the thing he hate the most
    *I don't consider is status as a hunter as an impediment*

But in yume's case, they fought/fight agaist the odds and their love survived. They did something against the "stars".
    In zeki's case they stopped even before starting.

In general, I think each relationship is put on trial "by the stars" but if love is strong enough the members of the couple is able to surpass the problems.
    Until now this is happening in yume's case, where yuuki still have trust in kaname.
    In zeki's case, in my opinion, yuuki want to rebound the friendship relationship *I don't say the same thing for zero, maybe he wants more*

Akaruisama
    Akaruisama
    Pureblood Vampire
    Pureblood Vampire

starcrossed lovers (GENERAL TOPIC ) Empty Re: starcrossed lovers (GENERAL TOPIC )

Post by Akaruisama Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:21 am

aya-chan wrote:I searched in dictionary and found the next deffinition:

Opposed by fate; ill-fated: star-crossed lovers.
    dogged by ill luck; destined to misfortune
    [from cross (in the sense: thwart): so called because of the astrological belief that the stars affect people's destinies]

The previous deffintion from the other thread is not too different

"Star-crossed" or "star-crossed lovers" is a phrase describing a pair of lovers whose relationship is often thwarted by outside forces.

In both deffintions, relationship is thwarted by different factors.

In yume's case:
    -she was turned into a human and all her memories were lost
    -she was a human and he a pureblood vampire
    -he was her brother*she thought so*
    -she find out he's her progenitor
    -she learn about his sins
    -the current situation with kaname departure to fulfil his originals plans.

In zeki's case:
    -she was a human, he was a vampire, posibil to fall to level E
    -she became a pureblood vampire, the thing he hate the most
    *I don't consider is status as a hunter as an impediment*

But in yume's case, they fought/fight agaist the odds and their love survived. They did something against the "stars".
    In zeki's case they stopped even before starting.

In general, I think each relationship is put on trial "by the stars" but if love is strong enough the members of the couple is able to surpass the problems.
    Until now this is happening in yume's case, where yuuki still have trust in kaname.
    In zeki's case, in my opinion, yuuki want to rebound the friendship relationship *I don't say the same thing for zero, maybe he wants more*

I like it. It's very precise description of relationship between those three. cheers
    This name of starcrossed lovers is well used relating to Yume and Zeki either. In every case, there still are many problems and barriers on the way of thier happiness.
    It can be also a prediction of very sad ending...
    Knightmare
    Knightmare
    Common Vampire
    Common Vampire

Humor : Satirical

Post by Knightmare Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:43 am

no, i don't think either zeki or kanaki are star-crossed lovers, maybe yume a bit in the beginning before yuuki because a vampire, but since she was going to become a vampire all a long, it wasn't real starcrossed anyway. in any case, kaname always knew and Yuuki just admired kaname from a distance which she was content with and never tried for anything more and certainly never got mad at the idea of not being with him.

while I think the characters have obstacles against them and it affects them as a pair sometimes, most of their problems are personal and they make their own decisions. none of them are being directed or controlled by fate. none of the other characters work to break them apart or want them apart, nobody really seems to care if they're couples or not except the trio themselves.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:41 pm