Vampire Knight & Manga Forum

In order to fully enjoy the board and it's function, you can always log in or sign up to an account. Thank you...

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

In order to fully enjoy the board and it's function, you can always log in or sign up to an account. Thank you...

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Α forum dedicated to Hino's Matsuri best-seller manga Vampire Knight and the manga we love

Similar topics

Gallery

VK's Chess Board Empty

Latest topics

» Do you trust Hino?
    VK's Chess Board I_icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2022 12:37 am by juliet

» Our Kaname is here!! Vampire Knight memories chapter 38
    VK's Chess Board I_icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2022 12:35 am by juliet

» Vampire knight Memories 38
    VK's Chess Board I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2022 4:18 am by juliet

» Where to Find Vampire Knight Memories Translation
    VK's Chess Board I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2022 1:29 am by juliet

» The Final Countdown
    VK's Chess Board I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2022 11:43 pm by juliet

» New VK Chapter is HERE!
    VK's Chess Board I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 11, 2017 7:42 am by lililovelilica

» Links for Other Vampire Knight Forums and Sites that you like and enjoy!!
    VK's Chess Board I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2016 7:25 pm by Saphira_K

» VK Memories CH 6!
    VK's Chess Board I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2016 6:13 pm by Saphira_K

» VK Memories
    VK's Chess Board I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2016 5:59 pm by Saphira_K

» New VK Chapter SPOILERS!
    VK's Chess Board I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2016 5:47 pm by Saphira_K

» New VK Bonus Ch!!
    VK's Chess Board I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2015 12:53 am by Saphira_K

» Translation of 'Fleeting Dreams'
    VK's Chess Board I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2015 2:20 am by Saphira_K

» Bunko Editions
    VK's Chess Board I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2015 2:18 am by Saphira_K

» New Vampire knight Extra
    VK's Chess Board I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2015 2:15 am by Saphira_K

» The Musical (Original and Revive)
    VK's Chess Board I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2015 2:40 am by Dreamiel

» NEW CHAPTER IN 2015?
    VK's Chess Board I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2015 12:16 am by Unknown00

» Newbie in the forum...
    VK's Chess Board I_icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2015 7:13 pm by aisan4494

» Who do you think Yuki loves more: Kaname or Zero?
    VK's Chess Board I_icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2015 7:09 pm by aisan4494

» Zeki or Yume?
    VK's Chess Board I_icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2015 7:04 pm by aisan4494

» So What will happen of Kaname?
    VK's Chess Board I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2015 6:25 pm by matei alina

We and the Youtube

Poll

would you like to read a sequel of vk?or is hino thinking of writing one?
    VK's Chess Board Bar_left59%VK's Chess Board Bar_right 59% [ 24 ]
    VK's Chess Board Bar_left27%VK's Chess Board Bar_right 27% [ 11 ]
    VK's Chess Board Bar_left15%VK's Chess Board Bar_right 15% [ 6 ]

Total Votes : 41

Friends

Terry Candy

4 posters

VK's Chess Board

Divine Rose
      Divine Rose
      Vampire Knight
      Vampire Knight

Humor : Mwa hahahahahahaha...
      Warning ZoneVK's Chess Board Dropsoa

VK's Chess Board Empty VK's Chess Board

Post by Divine Rose Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:23 am

Well, in VK there has been MANY references to chess. And not just that, but pictures, and Kaname with a chess board has been seen many times.

So, what piece do you think the characters are?

This is my opinion:

Kaname - Black King (He is the most powerful character so he is a King and I think the Black King because of the picture of him playing chess.)

Yuuki - Black Queen (She's Kaname's fiancee.)

Zero - Black Knight (He protects Yuuki.)

Aidou - Black Knight (He appeared in a pic with Zero calling them knights and he protects Yuuki.)

Kain - Black Bishop (He is close to Kaname and I chose bishop since they are the ones next to the King and Queen on the board.)

Ruka - Black Bishop (The same reason as Kain.)

Seiren - Black Rook (She is Kaname's servant and has always been with Kaname throughout the manga. So, I think she's higher than a Pawn and I think Kain and Ruka are the Bishops.)

Kaien - Black Rook (Even though he and Kaname aren't seeing eye to eye right now, he's one of the biggest on co-existence. In the past he and Kaname have worked together to create the Night Class in the academy. Also, he raised Yuuki.)

Sara - White Queen (She wants to be queen and has talked about the game.)

Takuma - White Knight (He is by Sara's side whether he wants to or not.)

Rido - White King or White Bishop (He is still hanging around, though I'm not sure in what way, and he caused a lot of the problems in VK. I put the White Bishop as a choice because there may be an unknown villain who is the White King. I am leaning towards the later, though not sure.)

Shizuka - White Bishop (Queen is already taken. She is the cause of how Zero is, and was a major villain in VK, so I gave her this.)

Ichiru - White Knight (He protected Shizuka.)

I'm, not sure about the other characters. I have some ideas about them, but I'm not really sure. scratch Also, I'm not entirely sure about all of this. Just my guesses and what I have deduced.
      theangelgirl1992
      theangelgirl1992
      Level-E
      Level-E

VK's Chess Board Empty Re: VK's Chess Board

Post by theangelgirl1992 Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:19 pm

Divine Rose wrote:Well, in VK there has been MANY references to chess. And not just that, but pictures, and Kaname with a chess board has been seen many times.

This is my opinion:

Kaname - Black King (He is the most powerful character so he is a King and I think the Black King because of the picture of him playing chess.)

Aidou - Black Knight (He appeared in a pic with Zero calling them knights and he protects Yuuki.)

Kain - Black Bishop (He is close to Kaname and I chose bishop since they are the ones next to the King and Queen on the board.)

Seiren - Black Rook (She is Kaname's servant and has always been with Kaname throughout the manga. So, I think she's higher than a Pawn and I think Kain and Ruka are the Bishops.)

Kaien - Black Rook (Even though he and Kaname aren't seeing eye to eye right now, he's one of the biggest on co-existence. In the past he and Kaname have worked together to create the Night Class in the academy. Also, he raised Yuuki.)

Rido - White King or White Bishop (He is still hanging around, though I'm not sure in what way, and he caused a lot of the problems in VK. I put the White Bishop as a choice because there may be an unknown villain who is the White King. I am leaning towards the later, though not sure.)

Shizuka - White Bishop (Queen is already taken. She is the cause of how Zero is, and was a major villain in VK, so I gave her this.)

I'm, not sure about the other characters. I have some ideas about them, but I'm not really sure. scratch Also, I'm not entirely sure about all of this. Just my guesses and what I have deduced.

I agree with you EXCEPT Yuuki and Kaname's piece. The whole purpose of the game is checkmate the king of your opposing rival. You could say in a sense that Kaname is the king because, defeat him and you will win the game, but honestly Yuuki seems to me more the King piece then the queen. You have to protect the king at all cost. And Kaname is going through dangerous lengths just to protect Yuuki with his pawns.

The reason why Kaname seems to me as the queen is because the queen piece is the most powerful of the game. She can move any direction she wants. She is the powerful one, the almighty. Kaname is the strongest pureblood (for what we know).

So Kaname: Black Queen

Yuuki: Black King.
      caela
      caela
      Vampire Noble Class
      Vampire Noble Class

Humor : quirky

Post by caela Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:02 pm

theangelgirl1992 wrote:
      Divine Rose wrote:Well, in VK there has been MANY references to chess. And not just that, but pictures, and Kaname with a chess board has been seen many times.

This is my opinion:

I agree with you EXCEPT Yuuki and Kaname's piece. The whole purpose of the game is checkmate the king of your opposing rival. You could say in a sense that Kaname is the king because, defeat him and you will win the game, but honestly Yuuki seems to me more the King piece then the queen. You have to protect the king at all cost. And Kaname is going through dangerous lengths just to protect Yuuki with his pawns.

The reason why Kaname seems to me as the queen is because the queen piece is the most powerful of the game. She can move any direction she wants. She is the powerful one, the almighty. Kaname is the strongest pureblood (for what we know).

I respectably disagree. This comes from years of being beaten at chess by older family members.....

the king is a piece that does not traditionally move until endgame (endgame is a chess term i think Smile )

Kaname has not done much of the killing and attacking (he uses Takuma and Zero), until he started killing purebloods and the senate. Usually you see him on the couch.

Also, killing the King piece ends the game. Right now, if any character were to be killed and end the story, I think would be Kaname.
      juliet
      juliet
      Vampire Knight
      Vampire Knight

Humor : Anytime...

Post by juliet Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:13 pm

caela wrote:
      theangelgirl1992 wrote:

This is my opinion:

I respectably disagree. This comes from years of being beaten at chess by older family members.....

the king is a piece that does not traditionally move until endgame (endgame is a chess term i think Smile )

Kaname has not done much of the killing and attacking (he uses Takuma and Zero), until he started killing purebloods and the senate. Usually you see him on the couch.

Also, killing the King piece ends the game. Right now, if any character were to be killed and end the story, I think would be Kaname.

In order for Yuuki to be the Queen here though she has to move more freely and more menacing than Kaname -the King stays to his position (or is supposed to as a piece that must be guarded to the end), so that sounds more for Yuuki than the opposite, plus as you say exactly is Yuuki or Kaname the endgame? or since the main heroine is Yuuki whose story is the one that by ending falls the curtain for VK? thinking about it in overall, I think that the description bets fits Yuuki...

but to add another point, I think that Hino does not regularly follow that much these rules but plays with the idea of the chess board in general...
      Divine Rose
      Divine Rose
      Vampire Knight
      Vampire Knight

Humor : Mwa hahahahahahaha...

Post by Divine Rose Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:19 pm

juliet wrote:
      caela wrote:
      theangelgirl1992 wrote:

In order for Yuuki to be the Queen here though she has to move more freely and more menacing than Kaname -the King stays to his position (or is supposed to as a piece that must be guarded to the end), so that sounds more for Yuuki than the opposite, plus as you say exactly is Yuuki or Kaname the endgame? or since the main heroine is Yuuki whose story is the one that by ending falls the curtain for VK? thinking about it in overall, I think that the description bets fits Yuuki...

but to add another point, I think that Hino does not regularly follow that much these rules but plays with the idea of the chess board in general...

I definitely agree with you there. That's what I think as well. They don't follow exactly that of the piece they represent.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:52 pm