Vampire Knight & Manga Forum

In order to fully enjoy the board and it's function, you can always log in or sign up to an account. Thank you...

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

In order to fully enjoy the board and it's function, you can always log in or sign up to an account. Thank you...

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Α forum dedicated to Hino's Matsuri best-seller manga Vampire Knight and the manga we love

Gallery

Timeline of 2nd arc Empty

Latest topics

» Do you trust Hino?
Timeline of 2nd arc I_icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2022 12:37 am by juliet

» Our Kaname is here!! Vampire Knight memories chapter 38
Timeline of 2nd arc I_icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2022 12:35 am by juliet

» Vampire knight Memories 38
Timeline of 2nd arc I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2022 4:18 am by juliet

» Where to Find Vampire Knight Memories Translation
Timeline of 2nd arc I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2022 1:29 am by juliet

» The Final Countdown
Timeline of 2nd arc I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2022 11:43 pm by juliet

» New VK Chapter is HERE!
Timeline of 2nd arc I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 11, 2017 7:42 am by lililovelilica

» Links for Other Vampire Knight Forums and Sites that you like and enjoy!!
Timeline of 2nd arc I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2016 7:25 pm by Saphira_K

» VK Memories CH 6!
Timeline of 2nd arc I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2016 6:13 pm by Saphira_K

» VK Memories
Timeline of 2nd arc I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2016 5:59 pm by Saphira_K

» New VK Chapter SPOILERS!
Timeline of 2nd arc I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2016 5:47 pm by Saphira_K

» New VK Bonus Ch!!
Timeline of 2nd arc I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2015 12:53 am by Saphira_K

» Translation of 'Fleeting Dreams'
Timeline of 2nd arc I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2015 2:20 am by Saphira_K

» Bunko Editions
Timeline of 2nd arc I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2015 2:18 am by Saphira_K

» New Vampire knight Extra
Timeline of 2nd arc I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2015 2:15 am by Saphira_K

» The Musical (Original and Revive)
Timeline of 2nd arc I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2015 2:40 am by Dreamiel

» NEW CHAPTER IN 2015?
Timeline of 2nd arc I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2015 12:16 am by Unknown00

» Newbie in the forum...
Timeline of 2nd arc I_icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2015 7:13 pm by aisan4494

» Who do you think Yuki loves more: Kaname or Zero?
Timeline of 2nd arc I_icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2015 7:09 pm by aisan4494

» Zeki or Yume?
Timeline of 2nd arc I_icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2015 7:04 pm by aisan4494

» So What will happen of Kaname?
Timeline of 2nd arc I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2015 6:25 pm by matei alina

We and the Youtube

Poll

would you like to read a sequel of vk?or is hino thinking of writing one?
Timeline of 2nd arc Bar_left59%Timeline of 2nd arc Bar_right 59% [ 24 ]
Timeline of 2nd arc Bar_left27%Timeline of 2nd arc Bar_right 27% [ 11 ]
Timeline of 2nd arc Bar_left15%Timeline of 2nd arc Bar_right 15% [ 6 ]

Total Votes : 41

Friends

Terry Candy

+5
sweetsolace
VampireCythia
Howl4fun
juliet
Knightmare
9 posters

Timeline of 2nd arc

Knightmare
    Knightmare
    Common Vampire
    Common Vampire

Humor : Satirical
    Warning ZoneTimeline of 2nd arc Dropsoa

Timeline of 2nd arc Empty Timeline of 2nd arc

Post by Knightmare Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:10 pm

I saw in another thread, someone mentioned the year and a half as timeline mentioned in one of the translations. I'm not too sure that its accurate as two other translations I've seen used "already been a year" and Yagari says "over a year" at the beginning of ch71.

I would estimate closer to 2 months possibly 3. I thought I'd try and build a timeline, if anyone has any further references, corrections or thoughts and help make this more accurate or has their own timeline, love the help.

Its been confirmed to me that Yori definitely says a year and a half, so 6 months since the arm started. Looking at that timeline, the only place for most of the extra time to go is between 70 and 71, the establishment of the school.

[tr]
    ChapterShortest time
    Longest time
    References
    50 1 day1 day- Yuuki states that it will soon be a year since they parted.
    - Kaname says she will soon get out.
    - Kaien states a year has passed and Kaien tells Zero about the upcoming meeting.
    - Ch50 all occurs on the same day.
    1 week2 weeksZero and Kaien start back at school, I don't think Kaien would wait too long to return.
    51-521 day1 day- Ch51 all occur on the same day and ch52 follows directly on.
    - At the end of ch52, Yuuki is practicing for the party.
    - Kaien gives Zero a list of the attendees to memorise.
    1 week2 weeksThere's no indication of time between ch52 and ch53.
    53-551 day1 dayKaito starts at the school, the same day as the party.
    Meeting and party that evening. (Kaien says the council was destroyed a year ago.)
    561 day1 dayYuuki gets home from the party, probably the next "morning".
    2 days7 daysThe hunters are kept confined, Zero is out hunting vampires, I doubt this would be longer than a week.
    571 day1 day- In 58, Kaien says he just talked to Yuuki the other day.
    - Isaya wakes up between this day and the party, has heard about the events and has his first drink after Yuuki's visit.
    58-64 2 days3 days- Kaito sends Zero off for 3 days and Zero returns prematurely in 64
    64-66 1 day 2 daysNot sure what's acceptable for Yuuki to be unconscious, but in 65, assume its Aidou's first night there by Zero's "apology" about the linen.
    66-68 1 day 1 dayAction takes place continuously since 65, includes 1 night of Aidou's sleep.
    691 day 1 dayYuuki arrives at HA HQ and is interviewed the same day.
    3 days 2 weeks- Zero says Yuuki's been wandering around freely these days
    - Yuuki states the vampire has kidnapped two more children after the other kidnapping.
    - letters are send to the nobles notifying them about Yuuki's new position.
    - vampires have been acting up in the time since Kaname's departure and increasing amounts of trouble for the hunters.
    703 days 1 week - Zero is attending school between hunting
    - Kaien and Zero are both aware of what Yuuki is doing
    - Yuuki catches the vampire and returns to Kaien to make a request
    - letters are sent to the former night class
    - Yuuki visits maria and shiki and rima
    - Yuuki visits the nobles in different clothes
    1 week 2 weeks to make arrangements for the school
    714 weeks
    10 weeks- Agreement to start the school, Yori's father says the events happen "last year".
    - Yagari announces the school and says, its been a little over a year since the destruction of the old building
    - Yagari announces they will rebuild the dorm and restart the nightclass, which would take at least a month, up to 3 months.
    - Yuuki and the NC start back at school, on Yuuki's first night, Yori tries to see her. Yuuki starts school the next day.
    - Yuuki asks Aidou for more time to get the NC rolling.
    - Yuuki studies with the girls and gets has done enough to be assessed by her teacher as needing help (2 days +)
    - Kaname kills Hio
    - Yuuki and co go after the vampire trouble makers
    71-732 days 2 days - Yuuki and co catch the vampires, Shizuka arrives at the HA HQ
    - Yuuki talks to Shizuka that night, Shizuka later confronts Zero
    - Next day, Yuuki talks with Yori for the first time properly in 1 and a half years.
    Total10 weeks 23 weeks

Unfortunately when a character says "a year ago", I do think they're not really being accurate.

I've tried to stretch it out to 6 months Smile

Last edited by Knightmare on Sat Jul 02, 2011 8:40 am; edited 6 times in total
    juliet
    juliet
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Humor : Anytime...

Timeline of 2nd arc Empty Re: Timeline of 2nd arc

Post by juliet Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:15 pm

Οh my what a great idea!!cheers We need to examine the facts closer...to see what else it can be added there scratch
    Howl4fun
    Howl4fun
    Common Vampire
    Common Vampire

Post by Howl4fun Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:29 pm

I think it's been about 6 months, since Yori now in 73 says to Yuuki "It's been a year and a half since we could spend time together like this."
    VampireCythia
    VampireCythia
    Pureblood Vampire
    Pureblood Vampire

Humor : BOW DOWN TO YOUR QUEEN!!!!XDXDXDXDXDXD

Post by VampireCythia Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:36 pm

Howl4fun wrote:I think it's been about 6 months, since Yori now in 73 says to Yuuki "It's been a year and a half since we could spend time together like this."
    I agree
    sweetsolace
    sweetsolace
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Humor : look in the mirror, you'll love it~ ;)
    Warning ZoneTimeline of 2nd arc Drops5black

Post by sweetsolace Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:27 pm

Knightmare, how does the chart work? I'm a bit confused, there seems to be a shortest and longest timeline --does this suggest the probability of how long a scene is? scratch
    Knightmare
    Knightmare
    Common Vampire
    Common Vampire

Post by Knightmare Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:38 am

Howl4fun wrote:I think it's been about 6 months, since Yori now in 73 says to Yuuki "It's been a year and a half since we could spend time together like this."

That translation is what made me wonder about the timeline. i think it might be wrong based on the other two translations versions just say "already been a year". To meet close to 6 months, it would have to be about 3 months between 70 and 71, the actual chapters only cover 3 weeks at most.

sweetsolace - yes, sorry i wasn't very good at formatting thr chart. Yes, shortest is the shortest amount of time that could have passed and longest is the longest amount that could have passed.

The rows without any chapter number is referring to the time in between chapters that do not follow on directly from the previous one.
    Howl4fun
    Howl4fun
    Common Vampire
    Common Vampire

Post by Howl4fun Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:55 pm

The timeskip was a year, so it's certanly been longer than that. I was guessing it's been 3 months passed too, but if the translation is correct then it's really been 6 months. If it's wrong, then forget I ever said it. geek
    Knightmare
    Knightmare
    Common Vampire
    Common Vampire

Post by Knightmare Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:23 pm

Howl4fun wrote:The timeskip was a year, so it's certanly been longer than that. I was guessing it's been 3 months passed too, but if the translation is correct then it's really been 6 months. If it's wrong, then forget I ever said it. geek

Hahah, no worries, I did see it too. I finally checked with my friend and her TL and she rechecked hers and she confirmed Yori does say 1 and a half years. So there you go. 6 months time has passed.

Looking at the clothing in ch69/70, they're all bundled up, but there's no snow falling, so it must be end of winter. In ch71-3, they're now wearing lighter clothes. So the timeskip must definitely be between 70 and 71.
    Knightmare
    Knightmare
    Common Vampire
    Common Vampire

Post by Knightmare Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:36 pm

Knightmare wrote:I saw in another thread, someone mentioned the year and a half as timeline mentioned in one of the translations. I'm not too sure that its accurate as two other translations I've seen used "already been a year" and Yagari says "over a year" at the beginning of ch71.

I would estimate closer to 2 months possibly 3. I thought I'd try and build a timeline, if anyone has any further references, corrections or thoughts and help make this more accurate or has their own timeline, love the help.

Its been confirmed to me that Yori definitely says a year and a half, so 6 months since the arm started. Looking at that timeline, the only place for most of the extra time to go is between 70 and 71, the establishment of the school.

[tr]
    ChapterShortestLongestReferences
    50 1 day1 dayYuuki states that it will soon be a year since they parted. Kaname says she will soon get out and Kaien tells Zero about the meeting.
    1 week2 weeksZero and Kaien start back at school, I don't think Kaien would wait too long to return.
    51-521 day1 day
    1 week2 weeks
    53-551 day1 dayMeeting and party that evening. (Kaien says the council was destroyed a year ago.)
    561 day1 dayYuuki gets home from the party, probably the next "morning".
    2 days7 daysThe hunters are kept confined, I doubt this would be longer than a week.
    571 day1 dayIn 58, Kaien says he just talked to Yuuki the other day. Isaya woke up between this day and the party and has his first drink after Yuuki's visit.
    58-64 2 days3 daysKaito sends Zero off for 3 days and Zero returns prematurely in 64
    64-66 1 day 2 daysNot sure what's acceptable for Yuuki to be unconscious, but in 65, assume its Aidou's first night there by Zero's "apology" about the linen.
    66-68 1 day 1 dayAction takes place continuously since 65, includes 1 night of Aidou's sleep.
    691 day 1 dayYuuki arrives at HA HQ and is interviewed, action takes place over 1 day max.
    3 days 2 weeksonly reference in ch70 is Zero saying Yuuki's been wandering around freely these days, but not too long as Aidou has been sitting in that cell all that time...
    703 days 2 weeks Aidou is still in that cell until the end of the chapter lol, Yuuki does 3 actions that are unlikely to be done on the same day.
    2 weeks 12 weeks to accomodate 6 months passing...
    711 week 2 weeksBetween Yuuki's first day, he watches her looking out that window and asking for more time, then she's studying etc.
    71-732 days 2 days
    Total7 weeks 26 weeks

Unfortunately when a character says "a year ago", I do think they're not really being accurate.

I've tried to stretch it out to 6 months Smile
    juliet
    juliet
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Post by juliet Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:49 pm

So how much time has passed since the NC started again? Shocked sorry, I got confused...
    Knightmare
    Knightmare
    Common Vampire
    Common Vampire

Post by Knightmare Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:08 am

juliet wrote:So how much time has passed since the NC started again? Shocked sorry, I got confused...

Whoops, I was trying to edit my post, not quote it :p

I think a couple of weeks, I'm not sure. The time that passes after ch70 and during ch71...over 3 months pass.

I think in 71, maybe a couple of weeks. Long enough for Yuuki to restablish herself at school and for the teacher to say she needs a tutor and isn't keeping up. I originally thought that the flashback of Yuuki asking Aidou for a little more time occurred before the school started, but now I see that's not necessarily the case.
    sweetsolace
    sweetsolace
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Post by sweetsolace Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:22 am

I will try to see how I can add to this chart Very Happy I'm not very good at math so it might take a while, anyway I think this is pretty much covered most..
    juliet
    juliet
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Post by juliet Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:21 am

Knightmare wrote:
    juliet wrote:So how much time has passed since the NC started again? Shocked sorry, I got confused...

I think a couple of weeks, I'm not sure. The time that passes after ch70 and during ch71...over 3 months pass.

I think in 71, maybe a couple of weeks. Long enough for Yuuki to restablish herself at school and for the teacher to say she needs a tutor and isn't keeping up. I originally thought that the flashback of Yuuki asking Aidou for a little more time occurred before the school started, but now I see that's not necessarily the case.

So I see, indeed from chapter 51 to chapter 71, it actually seems that the events took place in a period of two-three weeks. Then in chapter 71 we have the establishment of the nightclass...

So when Yor says that it's been one year and a half at chapter 73 where do we estimate that this period was spend? in school or before?
    Kanamelover<3
    Kanamelover<3
    Common Vampire
    Common Vampire

Post by Kanamelover<3 Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:15 pm

juliet wrote:
    Knightmare wrote:

So I see, indeed from chapter 51 to chapter 71, it actually seems that the events took place in a period of two-three weeks. Then in chapter 71 we have the establishment of the nightclass...

So when Yor says that it's been one year and a half at chapter 73 where do we estimate that this period was spend? in school or before?

I don't exactly get what you are saying/questioning Timeline of 2nd arc 2528011993 , but I think they mean around volume 7.

So it has been a year and a half since Volume 7. Timeline of 2nd arc 2554657431
    sweetsolace
    sweetsolace
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Post by sweetsolace Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:22 pm

ok here's my take on the timeline

to try to stick closest to accurate I try to put dates and ignored the longest time first. noting cues for passing of the day, as well as the seasonal changes, flashback length and etc.

for now, the default longest time passed will be one week or one month to keep up with the events and changes

so everything here is approximate as well as the time Very Happy

please bear with me cheers

1st day of the second arc

chapter 49
    --on page 30 Zero interrogates a vampire in an alley, which continues to chapter 50

chapter 50
    --Zero says he was able to take tablets since a year ago, Kaien says so it's already been a year

in my version of translation yuki says "it's been almost a year", she says this as she writes the letter. So its probably around winter time as indicated by the snowy weather outside (september-december) but not yet a year has passed.

and this all happens in a day:
    the setting is the same with zero and yuki's place: its snowing
    zero and kaien talk in the building where zero blew a hole in the wall and cracked a window,
    yuki in the mansion when kaname tells her that it was time to meet with the association.

-one week later-

8th day

chapter 51
    >daytime
    its the beginning of spring as seen from the cloudy skies and leafless trees. Last chapter was winter since it was snowing.
    so how long does it take for a season to change from winter to the beginning of spring? so assuming that takes one week.

chapter 52
    >afternoon?
    kain and ruka checks the castle - the background seems dry and does not indicate the day

>nightime
    HA deciding who will be the leader - discussion of the upcoming ball - here before Zero enters the building there's the view of the moon outside so it's nightime. Yagari says it took Zero a long time to reach the association building so probably

>mid night? - nothing to indicate except the dark shadowy background
    Sara and takuma receives invitations to the ball

9th day

the next day? yuki practices for the ball - I think this can just be considered either in the 8th or 9th day since there was no indication of the time she was doing this so I won't include it in either one of them :/

chapter 53
    >daytime 8AM
    zero at the stables being summoned by Yori. Zero attends day classes so this confirms it is daytime

>around 9AM
    zero and kaito at the academy: kaito teaches there. He says tomorrow (10th day) at midnight the ball will begin

>around 10AM-rest of the day..
    yuki and ruka preparing for the ball

10th day

>daytime
    kaname and hunters having a meeting - I think this was done the day before midnight when the ball was scheduled to happen or on the day itself so it's debatable, I just placed this under the 10th day

11th day
    midnight ball

chapter 54
    >early morning, around 12AM-1AM
    the ball begins

chapter 55
    >1AM-4AM - incidents at the ball

chapter 56
    >daybreak - 6AM
    its the morning after the incident. Yuki is sent home and stays there for the rest of the day with Kaname.

>6AM
    hunters discuss the events that happened last night

12th day
    chapter 57
    >daybreak again, around 6AM
    Kaname kisses Yuki goodbye to go to the meeting, its the break of dawn outside...

>7AM
    Yuki decides to do something to Artemis. Aido goes with her.

>7AM-11AM
    Assuming this is the time it took for Aido and Yuki to travel from the mansion to the train station, then the length of travel on the train as well

>11AM- 12NN
    The visit to Isaya's mansion...

chapter 58
    >12NN - 1PM
    continued visit to isaya

>1PM
    rima and shiki photoshoot was during the day. Then they noticed zero and kaito on the way to Dahlia school for girls.

>2PM- 4PM
    Sara's visit to the school as well as the tour to finish it
    Zero spotting Sara and failing to catch her.

chapter 59

>4PM- 5PM
    Kaito notes Zero is somehow crazed and tells him to take 3 days off and go visit Ichiru's grave.
    Zero then visits ichiru's grave on that day. I think he also visits him on that day to coincide Yuki's visit to the cemetary later on

>5PM
    After the trip to Isaya, Yuki decides to go to Momoyama's grave (the same cemetery where Ichiru was buried)
    Just when Zero has finished visiting his grave, Yuki and Aido arrive at the cemetery and they meet each other.

chapter 60
    >6PM - 7PM
    After Touma incident, and after Zero had carried Yuki. They are now inside the hunter's association.
    Zero says "tonight" when he carries yuki so that means it was already nightime. Plus there are torches lit inside the building.

After the near bite incident, Yuki is whisked away by Kaname's bats

and Zero captures Aido in her place for interrogation (later in chapter 63)

chapter 61
    >8- 10PM
    Kaname punishes Yuuki by biting her dry, I assume its late at night as well
    and she seems tired so it must have been going on for a while Timeline of 2nd arc 44660

>around 10PM
    Yuki starts travelling in Kaname's memories

chapter 62
    -flashback-

13th day

chapter 63
    flashback: Aido getting captured by Zero last night
    >daybreak
    And now Aido's inside the prison wagon car with Zero protesting his arrest
    If Zero captured him last night and put him on the wagon, then they were probably traveling by car until morning. In the wagon it looks bright outside.

>daytime
    Yuki in the 2nd phase of kaname's memories- yuki in long hair

>around noon/afternoon?
    zero and aido arrive at HA

chapter 64
    >afternoon, assuming (4pm?)
    yuki at 3rd phase of kaname's memories where kaname can see her

>late afternoon (5pm)
    Kaito asks Zero why is he working when he's been told to rest. That means he has not exhausted his 3 days off yet since his visit to Ichiru

chapter 65
    >late afternoon 5 pm
    Sara at the pharmaceutical building, outside its still bright

The hunters begin interrogating Aido

>night time 9 or 10pm
    zero says to Aido "try your best tomorrow" after the interrogation
    zero says "goodnight" to him

>night time 10pm
    yuki wakes up and panics - nothing to indicate the time but it follows its still night time

>late at night 11pm
    the pharmaceutical president is captured and is now behind bars. The surroundings of the prison looks dark..
    so Sara captured the president after Takuma left the room earlier so they can talk... I think it wouldn't take a while for Takuma not to come back to the president and check out so she has already imprisoned him by that time, much to Takuma's surprise

14th day
    chapter 66
    >around 6-7AM
    Seiren arrives at the association to tell them that Kaname's message :Aido has nothing to do with anything.

>around 9AM
    Aido receives Kaname's message and is reveling in it.

>night time, around 6PM
    Ruka and Kain says there's movement in the Hanadagi's side
    Yuki greets Ruka good evening as she passes by them on the hallway

>7pm
    Aido-dono on his way home passes by Sara's car and tells the driver to follow it

chapter 67
    >night time 7PM
    Kaname leaves Yuki right after promising her start over. He leaves via bats

15th day
    >daytime, around 7am?

Zero and yori at stables-- its morning since yori says he has to attend classes and zero attends day classes

>9am?
    it's time to return Aido and he's then forced into the wagon car to be returned to Kuran mansion - its bright outside
    Yuki goes out of the mansion at day time after Kaname's leave and notices how cold it is... she thinks she must follow Kaname

>9AM - 3 PM
    Yuki finding the wagon car on the way and boarding it to chase Kaname

The events at the Hanadagi castle

chapter 68
    >4 PM - 6PM
    Yuki insists on going after Kaname when Kaien slaps her. The surroundings look gloomy.

It's sunset or approaching night when Yuki boarded the prison car

chapter 69
    >7PM
    Yuki arrives at the association
    Zero and Kaito goes on an emergency hunt to capture the target vampire

>8PM - 9 PM
    Yuki is held in a soft trial/questioning about Kaname's whereabouts and intentions
    Aido grieves, Yuki comforts him

>10PM
    the kidnapped child is rushed inside the building and Yuki sees her memories.
    Zero is still chasing the target vampire.

>11-12 PM
    Yuki inquires Kaien if its okay to create the night class

16th day

chapter 70
    >afternoon, around 4PM
    Yuki goes after zero's vampire and its afternoon
    Yuki says "after last night" < the kidnapping was last night

>5pm
    Shiki and Rima discussing the events while in the photoshoot

>6pm
    Maria's parents ask her about Yuki and her idea of the night class. Outside their house its dark.

>8pm
    Yuki goes to where most of the council / noble members are and asks for their cooperation in creating the night class - outside its dark

>10pm
    Sara receives Takuma's invitation for the night class - outside its dark
    (hmm so I guess the moment Yuki told Kaien about her idea, she immediately sent out invites to the members, so it already reached Sara at such a short time)

one month later
    (for the time it takes to reconstruct the destroyed night class dorm or construct a new dorm)

47th day
    chapter 71
    Yagari says the night class [dorm] was built in an adjoining area of the academy, so that means it was built again. It can't possibly take weeks, or several weeks to create a new building now can it. O.o Furthermore Yuki was saying its the first time for many of them in the dorm, so this confirms it is new.

>late afternoon
    Zero tells Yori to go back to her dorm before sunset
    Yuki starts having thirst at night

48th day
    >8am
    the students greet Yuki good morning and she replies, "please look after me from this day onward"

>4pm
    Yuki senses there's trouble in the streets and decides to help

>5pm
    Sara arrives at the association begging at hunter-san

>5pm
    Yuki goes to the streets and in the background the skies look dark. Zero and Kaito chases after her

chapter 72
    >6pm
    human auction ongoing

>7pm
    Yuki senses the vampire and jumps down. The skies also look like its night time
    Yuki and Zero's fight

>8
    Kaname notes the lava flow going down the mountain. The skies look dark.
    Sara tells lies to Kaien and Yuki hears it

>8pm
    Yuki having a thirst attack in her bedroom when she finds out what Kaname's been doing and she looks at the tablets
    then she takes one when Zero notices it

Maria comments on taking Zero after Yuki takes the tablets

>9pm
    Zero rushes outside to a tree in a thirst attack too, and where Sara's stalking him

chapter 73
    >9pm
    Maria, who, not a moment ago was in Yuki's room, is now outside at night, and stopped Sara from taking advantage of Zero
    How and Why she's there, I don't know.

49th day

>the next day
    around 8am
    it seems its the students week end since the main characters are not in class.
    Yuki looks out the window and thinks about what Maria just told him last night

>8- 9AM
    Yuki takes a stroll to the forest and comes across Yori

meanwhile Sara just completed her next brand of blood tablets

>9 -10am
    Maria meets with Zero at the park, where she follows him and gets a sunstroke. Zero carries her back to the dorm

>10 -11am
    Yuki sees Maria getting carried by Zero. then later she talks with Takuma. And doubts just a little what Sara's up to.

>11am - 12nn
    Yuki decides to say sorry to Zero for what happened last night, and Zero pulls her into the forest in response...

ok that's it so far, next chapter it would probably be around afternoon when Yuki bites Zero.

so in my take there's 49 days or more than one month since Kaname disappeared. The creation of the new night dorm building takes a lot of time but if you have opinions, suggestions facts about how long a building takes to build then share it here Very Happy
    that goes if there's anything else to be added..

Last edited by sweetsolace on Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:56 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : nothing major)
    Knightmare
    Knightmare
    Common Vampire
    Common Vampire

Post by Knightmare Sat Jul 02, 2011 2:43 am

sweetsolace wrote:ok here's my take on the timeline
    This is a good way to do it. Its been confirmed that its definitely 6 months since the timeskip/since Yori last talked with Yuuki, so just before the events at the end of the arc, which took place over a couple of days anyway from 34-48.

The only place for most of that passed time to go, is between ch70 and during ch71.

chapter 71
    Yagari says the night class [dorm] was built in an adjoining area of the academy, so that means it was built again. It can't possibly take weeks, or several weeks to create a new building now can it. O.o Furthermore Yuki was saying its the first time for many of them in the dorm, so this confirms it is new.
    At the beginning of ch71, Kaien has gotten approval for the school, so follows Yagari saying "will be built" and that a little over a year has passed at that point in the beginning of ch71 and then the time skip as the building is built.

http://www.mangareader.net/vampire-knight/71/5
    Yuuki and the vampires arrival would be up to 1-3 months after that. Then Yuuki attends school and gets acclimatised into classes over at least a few days, as she was seen studying and her teachers have had time to assess her. The actions of 71 after Yuuki starts school stretch over a few days ambiguously.

chapter 70
    >afternoon, around 4PM
    Yuki goes after zero's vampire and its afternoon
    Yuki says "after last night" < the kidnapping was last night
    Just a quick correction, its another kidnapping because Yuuki says he kidnapped two more children. But it still must only be a few days since the one that Zero chased him for.
    sweetsolace
    sweetsolace
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Post by sweetsolace Sat Jul 02, 2011 7:04 am

Knightmare wrote:
    Its been confirmed that its definitely 6 months since the timeskip/since Yori last talked with Yuuki, so just before the events at the end of the arc, which took place over a couple of days anyway from 34-48. The only place for most of that passed time to go, is between ch70 and during ch71.
    I think 6 months is a really long time just for the creation of a building confused I will see how that can fit..

And also Yuki's thirst and her decision to take the blood tablets only happening after less than six months doesn't seem too realistic. scratch

plus Sara and Kaname's movements have to be taken into consideration. If they only started moving after less than SIX months and never did anything before that , doesn't make sense at all. scratch after less than six months kaname would've been finished killing all pureblood heads, considering there's not a lot of them. And Sara would've taken over society with her tablets with this time frame--- unless both of them took a vacation rofl

so the 6 months must be tapered down before that.. I still go for the building construction taking only a month, it seems more logical in that time frame and keeps the memory and goals fresh, at least.

It's confirmed there's a new building/classroom as the title says "the new night class room"

At the beginning of ch71, Kaien has gotten approval for the school, so follows Yagari saying "will be built" and that a little over a year has passed at that point in the beginning of ch71 and then the time skip as the building is built.

http://www.mangareader.net/vampire-knight/71/5
    Yuuki and the vampires arrival would be up to 1-3 months after that. Then Yuuki attends school and gets acclimatised into classes over at least a few days, as she was seen studying and her teachers have had time to assess her. The actions of 71 after Yuuki starts school stretch over a few days ambiguously.
    there's nothing to say when the vampires will arrive
    but I think Yuki was as unprepared as the new students except for her orientation to the rooms prior to that (since she knew where they are and she chose to guide them accordingly by being Errand girl) so that may take one day to a week.
    Another thing, she doesn't know about the lessons she's suppose to take
    http://www.mangareader.net/vampire-knight/71/23
    which may hint that she is taking them for the first time

I think for pre orientation (for students to see the campus etc) at least 3 days? I don't think it would take so much time like months scratch

Just a quick correction, its another kidnapping because Yuuki says he kidnapped two more children. But it still must only be a few days since the one that Zero chased him for.
    there's actually nothing to say that there's two kidnappings, only it follows that Yuki is pursuing the target vampire Zero he allowed to get away.
    In another translation Yuki says, "after last night", she "heard" the vampire "had" kidnapped two young children, not "two more children".
    So if after last night Zero let the vampire get away as said in ch69, then the vampire had chances to kidnap another two more over midnight till morning and hid them somewhere, since Yuki says "where are they?"
    juliet
    juliet
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Post by juliet Sat Jul 02, 2011 11:47 am

sweetsolace wrote:
    Knightmare wrote:
    Its been confirmed that its definitely 6 months since the timeskip/since Yori last talked with Yuuki, so just before the events at the end of the arc, which took place over a couple of days anyway from 34-48. The only place for most of that passed time to go, is between ch70 and during ch71.
    I think 6 months is a really long time just for the creation of a building confused I will see how that can fit..

And also Yuki's thirst and her decision to take the blood tablets only happening after less than six months doesn't seem too realistic. scratch

plus Sara and Kaname's movements have to be taken into consideration. If they only started moving after less than SIX months and never did anything before that , doesn't make sense at all. scratch after less than six months kaname would've been finished killing all pureblood heads, considering there's not a lot of them.

I agree with your arguements, it does seem awfully too long for a timeskip pf six months...so even if Yori says one year and a half, can that be a mistake in script from Hino's part? The actions do not seem to follow the timeskip logic.
    nina
    nina
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Humor : Black sarcasm

Post by nina Sat Jul 02, 2011 5:30 pm

Well I think the time gap of six months could also be split … for example … 2-3 months after the ball until Kaname leave Yuuki, and 3-4 months afterwards viz till now. It doesn’t sound so logical all the events from the ball until Kaname left Yuuki, to have happened in a few days … I don’t know I’m confused.

Further more IMO (I’m a civil engineer) the needed time to build a building from reinforced-concrete like the one supposedly is the night dorms (it looks like one) it takes more that 6 months, except if the building is a light construction made of, by using as basic element the wood.
    But maybe there is another possibility … at least this was my impression thus far…

The design of the current night dorms seemed familiar to me and I searched the scans…

I think they might be using the first Night dorm, the one that used the previous NC when they first joined the academy and the same which Shizuka used. I found the scans if you want to look at them …

> The dorm which used at first by the previous NC and Shizuka …

http://www.mangareader.net/104-2117-3/vampire-knight/chapter-15.html
    http://www.mangareader.net/104-2117-29/vampire-knight/chapter-15.html
    http://www.mangareader.net/104-2120-1/vampire-knight/chapter-16.html

> And the one that now are using the current NC …

http://www.mangareader.net/vampire-knight/71/16

I think it’s the same … scratch

Also Yagari says that they will build the new dormitories for the NC and afterwards we see the re-opening. How much time passed from Yagari’s speech to the first day for the NC? It doesn’t make sense that it passed 6 months without Hino shows the pass of such an amount of time.
    http://www.mangareader.net/vampire-knight/71/3
    http://www.mangareader.net/vampire-knight/71/4
    sweetsolace
    sweetsolace
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Post by sweetsolace Sat Jul 02, 2011 7:00 pm

nina wrote:Well I think the time gap of six months could also be split … for example … 2-3 months after the ball until Kaname leave Yuuki, and 3-4 months afterwards viz till now. It doesn’t sound so logical all the events from the ball until Kaname left Yuuki, to have happened in a few days … I don’t know I’m confused.
    I think so too.. but where can it fit?
    im thinking in the 12th day or the 14th? scratch

Further more IMO (I’m a civil engineer) the needed time to build a building from reinforced-concrete like the one supposedly is the night dorms (it looks like one) it takes more that 6 months, except if the building is a light construction made of by using as basic element the wood.
    But maybe there is another possibility … at least this was my impression thus far…
    The design of the current night dorms seemed familiar to me and I searched the scans…

I think they might be using the first Night dorm, the one that used the previous NC when they first joined the academy and the same which Shizuka used. I found the scans if you want to look at them …

> The dorm which used at first by the previous NC and Shizuka …

http://www.mangareader.net/104-2117-29/vampire-knight/chapter-15.html
    http://www.mangareader.net/104-2120-1/vampire-knight/chapter-16.html

> And the one that now are using the current NC …

I think it’s the same …
    thank you nina that's very helpful cheers I also had the same impression as you, I think the buildings look the same
    the new:

the old:
    http://www.mangareader.net/104-2108-22/vampire-knight/chapter-12.html

there's not much difference? scratch scratch

and I think the damages on the old night class building was not much,
    http://www.mangareader.net/104-2173-13/vampire-knight/chapter-47.html

so if they only repair the roof it would shorten the time required? scratch

Also Yagari says that they will build the new dormitories for the NC and afterwards we see the re-opening. How much time passed from Yagari’s speech to the first day for the NC? It doesn’t make sense that it passed 6 months without Hino shows the pass of such an amount of time.
    http://www.mangareader.net/vampire-knight/71/3
    http://www.mangareader.net/vampire-knight/71/4

i think a week? scratch hmm im really bad at math.. lol rofl

and all this for that line Yori posted on 6 months.. scratch could it be a typo perhaps?

juliet wrote:so even if Yori says one year and a half, can that be a mistake in script from Hino's part? The actions do not seem to follow the timeskip logic.

scratch does that make sense? scratch it just seems too long. and the character's memories seem like they're still fresh and up to date. there are no drastic changes either, except for yuki. It seems like she hardened after kaname left, so I agree there's time passed when kaname left her. but how much? scratch
    nina
    nina
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Post by nina Sat Jul 02, 2011 8:05 pm

Ah! Thank you sweet for this scan … cheers

I was trying to find it and I couldn’t remember the chapter T_T

sweetsolace wrote: and I think the damages on the old night class building was not much,
    so if they only repair the roof it would shorten the time required?

I think I didn’t make it much clear …

When the first NC established they were using this building >>>

…an old lodging house for teachers as Yuuki says …

After a few months I suppose, they transferred (Kaname’s NC) into the new dormitories >> the building which destroyed, almost entirely from Rido …

Also when Shizuka arrived at the academy she asked from Kaname to use the old building (the house for teachers) >>
    Maria/Shizuka: “I heard that there is a dorm that was used when they were establishing the NC … I want to go there”

So … there were two buildings synchronously, an old and a new one which was destroyed by Rido.
    Ergo I think now the current NC is using that old building (the house for teachers) until the new one will be built as Yagary said.

Also note the internal design … the corridor, the grating design of the ladder, and the stairs which leading to the front door …

> The old one (the lodging house for teachers)
    http://www.mangareader.net/104-2108-25/vampire-knight/chapter-12.html

> The current one …
    http://www.mangareader.net/vampire-knight/72/26
    http://www.mangareader.net/vampire-knight/72/28

Now I’m pretty sure that Yuuki and her NC, they are using that old house (the lodging house) which means the building's construction is not an indication for the amount of time that have passed.
    sweetsolace
    sweetsolace
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Post by sweetsolace Sat Jul 02, 2011 8:56 pm

@nina

ok I see it now, thanks for clearing that out cheers
    so I think when the title meant "new night class room" it meant using the old building for the classroom. As for Yagari saying "built" I don't think literally built a new one, maybe it was still in the proces.

so then there's one more problem.. how does the entire 6 months fit into this? I think there might have been a typo there.. scratch

I will have to check later.. Smile
    nina
    nina
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Post by nina Sun Jul 03, 2011 12:14 am

sweetsolace wrote:@nina

ok I see it now, thanks for clearing that out cheers
    so I think when the title meant "new night class room" it meant using the old building for the classroom. As for Yagari saying "built" I don't think literally built a new one, maybe it was still in the proces.

so then there's one more problem.. how does the entire 6 months fit into this? I think there might have been a typo there.. scratch

I will have to check later.. Smile

Nothing dear. XD

I have no idea and I’m tooooo lazy to check this out Razz

But if it’s not a typo then I’m leaning towards to the option, that the six months are running from the ball till now … I mean if the six months were concerning only the period that Kaname has left Yuuki till now, then I think Hino probably would be showed it, like how she did when she wanted to show that 1 year passed after Kaname and Yuuki had left the academy. Also when she wanted to split that time in the middle she showed how the seasons were passing by. So if Yuuki has spent 6 months alone, in the HQ and in the academy, then we are talking about 2 seasons. Shouldn’t be there an indication of changing seasons?

When she left the mansion to go after Kaname she said it was cold and she was wearing a coat and boots. Also when Sara went to plead for shelter over the HQ she was wearing a cloak and Takuma was wearing a coat as well.
    It seems that it can’t have passed over 4 months but … on the other hand, have we ever seen them wearing light clothes? I don’t remember… So???? Timeline of 2nd arc 1348895015
    I don’t know rofl
    mariangie
    mariangie
    Pureblood Vampire
    Pureblood Vampire

Humor : Mad Doctor

Post by mariangie Sun Jul 03, 2011 4:31 pm

Nina , I think you are right about the new Night Class is using the old Moon Dorm .

About the time span that passed in the second arc .

For telling the interval between every scene in the second part will took me a while . Because I had to reread the whole thing . Also climate changes don't help a lot here . As V.K. developes in a cold country . When even Summer appear have a more Spring - like weather . But I'm almost sure of a year and half passed since the start of the second arc thing .

First arc plot had a time frame of around 6 to 8 months . The end of the first arc happened sometime between August and September . The Rido incident happened around 1 - 2 months after the Summer vacation shown near the middle of the first arc . If Summer vacation is supposed to happen July to beggining of August . Yuuki and Kaname left the Cross Academy around end of August or start of September ( most probable September ). If one year passed then . Second arc began sometime between August / September next year . Most probably , the return of the new Night Class was programed to start with the next new academic year . If Hino uses Japanese schedules , classes start sometime around February / March . More inclined about February here due of the St. Xocolact Day happened in the first arc a little after Yuuki started her 10th grade year . So 6 months passing since the start of the second arc is a reasonable estimate .

The main problem to know how much time passed between each event in the second arc is Hino not telling easy how much time was spend between scenes . Many of the events portraited appear to happen in a very short span ( some days ). But the time between each event being a month or more . For now I'm inclined to think 3 to 4 months had passed since Kaname left Yuuki and the start of the new Night Class .

Last edited by mariangie on Sun Jul 03, 2011 4:33 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : mispell)
    juliet
    juliet
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Post by juliet Sun Jul 03, 2011 5:39 pm

nina wrote:
    But if it’s not a typo then I’m leaning towards to the option, that the six months are running from the ball till now … I mean if the six months were concerning only the period that Kaname has left Yuuki till now, then I think Hino probably would be showed it, like how she did when she wanted to show that 1 year passed after Kaname and Yuuki had left the academy. Also when she wanted to split that time in the middle she showed how the seasons were passing by. So if Yuuki has spent 6 months alone, in the HQ and in the academy, then we are talking about 2 seasons. Shouldn’t be there an indication of changing seasons?

If you go all through the chapters you shall see that up to the point that Yuuki establishes the nightclass, there is literally no space for grand periods of time passing...

estimating time

So after Yuuki left the academy...

one year had passed at chapter 51...(zero states that at the beggining)

Chapter 51-52 are connected to each other with kaname's promise to Kaname that she will take only his blood...Kain and Ruka are monitoring Hanadagi's castle, Zero is going to the hunters informing us about the upcoming meeting and ball...Yuuki is preparing herself with lessons so from chapter 51...one week maximum...?

Chapter 53 one week the longest passing there so that would make it two since chapter 51. Vampires and hunters preparation for the upcoming meeting and the ball (the ball is held the next day after the hunters meeting).

Chapter 54 the ball;

Chapter 55 Ouri is killed.

Chapter 56 Yuuki and Aido return home, Shiki and Rima visit them, Kaname also returns and then we have the hunter's discussion about the murder of Ouri to the ball. The discussion of the hunters can not be later than one day (as it would seem out of time so we must be until here up to two weeks since chapter 51).

Chapter 57
    Kaname returns Artemis to Yuuki's hands (we know that he got it from the hunter's meeting, so he might be returning it and the next day after the incidents that occured at chapter 56. I think mamixum time distance can be one week there as why to hold Artemis anylonger there?

Chapter 58
    Isaya has awaken and is introduced in the story. Yuuki goes near the graveyard...where

Chapter 59
    Yuuki is hurt by Touma

Chapter 60
    Zero rescues Yuuki and Yuuki returns back home.
    So the events that occur from chapter 57 to chapter 60 seem to happen in one day or night.

Chapter 61
    Kaname blows Touma and reveals the truth to Yuuki…instantly transferred to chapter 62

Chapter 62-64
    Yuuki is in Kaname’s memories, how long there? 1 day? Night, two days maximum?

Chapter 65
    Meanwhile it seems Sara pays a visit to the pharmaceutical company, the hunters are watching her again. Aido is interrogated by the hunters. Yuuki wakes up. Takuma discovers that the president has been kidnapped by Sara. And Aido’s dad visits Kaname about the release of his son.
    Chapter 66-67
    kaname leaves for Hanadagi castle…Aido is released. Yuuki also runs to Hanadagi’s castle. Hanadagi is killed and Aidou’s dad also. One day also passed there.

Chapter 68-69
    Yuuki is leaded to Ha and interrogated by the hunters. Kain says that the rumour’s about Kaname has spread so there is possible that also another day passed there.

Chapter 70
    Yuuki visits town to spot the vampire that Zero missed. So that must be the next day. She asks from the chairman to open the nightclass and presents herself to the nobles. So here is two days maximum for the two first events, one week max has passed until Yuuki is ready to talk of the establishment of the nightclass to the nobles.

So all the above chapters are connected through events that can not be distanced from each other...

Shocked I do not know, it does seem like there is a good estimation there from Hino's part...or it is not potrayed good enough. I am lingering towards the first option, so that we perhaps we should not consider a gap there (it does not exactly serve the script either way, action seems delayed and out of context there for me).

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:23 pm