Vampire Knight & Manga Forum

In order to fully enjoy the board and it's function, you can always log in or sign up to an account. Thank you...

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

In order to fully enjoy the board and it's function, you can always log in or sign up to an account. Thank you...

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Α forum dedicated to Hino's Matsuri best-seller manga Vampire Knight and the manga we love

Gallery

Is Zero emotionally unstable? - Page 2 Empty

Latest topics

» Do you trust Hino?
Is Zero emotionally unstable? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2022 12:37 am by juliet

» Our Kaname is here!! Vampire Knight memories chapter 38
Is Zero emotionally unstable? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2022 12:35 am by juliet

» Vampire knight Memories 38
Is Zero emotionally unstable? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2022 4:18 am by juliet

» Where to Find Vampire Knight Memories Translation
Is Zero emotionally unstable? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2022 1:29 am by juliet

» The Final Countdown
Is Zero emotionally unstable? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2022 11:43 pm by juliet

» New VK Chapter is HERE!
Is Zero emotionally unstable? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 11, 2017 7:42 am by lililovelilica

» Links for Other Vampire Knight Forums and Sites that you like and enjoy!!
Is Zero emotionally unstable? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2016 7:25 pm by Saphira_K

» VK Memories CH 6!
Is Zero emotionally unstable? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2016 6:13 pm by Saphira_K

» VK Memories
Is Zero emotionally unstable? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2016 5:59 pm by Saphira_K

» New VK Chapter SPOILERS!
Is Zero emotionally unstable? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2016 5:47 pm by Saphira_K

» New VK Bonus Ch!!
Is Zero emotionally unstable? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2015 12:53 am by Saphira_K

» Translation of 'Fleeting Dreams'
Is Zero emotionally unstable? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2015 2:20 am by Saphira_K

» Bunko Editions
Is Zero emotionally unstable? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2015 2:18 am by Saphira_K

» New Vampire knight Extra
Is Zero emotionally unstable? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2015 2:15 am by Saphira_K

» The Musical (Original and Revive)
Is Zero emotionally unstable? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2015 2:40 am by Dreamiel

» NEW CHAPTER IN 2015?
Is Zero emotionally unstable? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2015 12:16 am by Unknown00

» Newbie in the forum...
Is Zero emotionally unstable? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2015 7:13 pm by aisan4494

» Who do you think Yuki loves more: Kaname or Zero?
Is Zero emotionally unstable? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2015 7:09 pm by aisan4494

» Zeki or Yume?
Is Zero emotionally unstable? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2015 7:04 pm by aisan4494

» So What will happen of Kaname?
Is Zero emotionally unstable? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2015 6:25 pm by matei alina

We and the Youtube

Poll

would you like to read a sequel of vk?or is hino thinking of writing one?
Is Zero emotionally unstable? - Page 2 Bar_left59%Is Zero emotionally unstable? - Page 2 Bar_right 59% [ 24 ]
Is Zero emotionally unstable? - Page 2 Bar_left27%Is Zero emotionally unstable? - Page 2 Bar_right 27% [ 11 ]
Is Zero emotionally unstable? - Page 2 Bar_left15%Is Zero emotionally unstable? - Page 2 Bar_right 15% [ 6 ]

Total Votes : 41

Friends

Terry Candy

+9
Blood Lust
Katherine
Divine Rose
caela
aya-chan
juliet
Anneliezz
zeroyuuki666
sweetsolace
13 posters

Is Zero emotionally unstable?

sweetsolace
    sweetsolace
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Humor : look in the mirror, you'll love it~ ;)
    Warning ZoneIs Zero emotionally unstable? - Page 2 Drops5black

Is Zero emotionally unstable? - Page 2 Empty Is Zero emotionally unstable?

Post by sweetsolace Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:31 pm

First topic message reminder :

I'm thinking all the abuse he suffered in childhood and throughout the years finally gone to his head.

chapter 75 he pointed a gun at her when she said a simple comment, in reality if someone did that doesnt it look like he's unstable literally? confused

what are the fandom's thoughts?

Divine Rose
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Is Zero emotionally unstable? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is Zero emotionally unstable?

Post by Divine Rose Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:18 am

Katherine wrote:
    sweetsolace wrote:another thing im wondering about. is Zero's being emotionally unstable means he is immature??
    somehow his actions remind me of a child given something and he uses that to protect himself from things he doesnt want to face (ie insecurities) instead of using it for its intended purpose

Like that idea...maybe he understands in the next chapters, that he has to grow older and has to face his fears...

That would be good. I like it.
    aristocratic-pureblood
    aristocratic-pureblood
    Level-E
    Level-E

Humor : I bite. :)
    Warning ZoneIs Zero emotionally unstable? - Page 2 Drops2

Post by aristocratic-pureblood Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:32 am

I can totally understand him, if i went throught that, and had my parents killed like that, id probably be more that emotionally unstable...I feel fr him.
    caela
    caela
    Vampire Noble Class
    Vampire Noble Class

Humor : quirky
    Warning ZoneIs Zero emotionally unstable? - Page 2 Dropsoa

Post by caela Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:52 am

Katherine wrote:
    sweetsolace wrote:
    another thing im wondering about. is Zero's being emotionally unstable means he is immature??
    somehow his actions remind me of a child given something and he uses that to protect himself from things he doesnt want to face (ie insecurities) instead of using it for its intended purpose

Like that idea...maybe he understands in the next chapters, that he has to grow older and has to face his fears...

That would be good. I like it.

Zero might be unstable but I don't see the immaturity. It would be easier to argue that the most immature person of the main characters is Yuuki.

chapter 75:

Kaito talks the genocide politics to Yuuki and tells Zero to walk Yuuki back to her room.

Yuuki and Zero talk about the genocide stuff again and Yuuki asks Zero if he personally supports killing all purebloods. He says "All [purebloods]." Zero pretty much said that he wants Yuuki to not exist as well. Despite this warning from Zero, she still.....

....grabs Zero's sleeve and brings him to the shade of a tree. Yuuki is silent and Zero warns her to "talk, If you're done, I'll be going now."

http://www.mangareader.net/vampire-knight/75/34

Normal people would have taken the hint and ran away from Zero.

Yuuki instead continues talking:
    witless fool translation
    Page 32:
    Yuuki: Sorry... I... I know... Just then, [flashback to when Zero was pushing her away] you were just...

Page 33:
    Yuuki: In front of a horde of vampire hunters with killing auras, you protected me
    ::The pair looked at each other::

Page34:
    Yuuki: To eliminate all the purebloods, you never believed in that.
    Zero is more gentle than anyone else
    Therefore, your heart has not been broken.
    ::Zero puts gun to her temple::.

Before this point, Zero has made it clear where he stood on the very sensitive issue of pureblood deaths; sensitive because he is discussing this with a pureblood. Saying "I want all purebloods dead" to a pureblood is at very least rude. Then he expresses wanting to walk away, he is not even trying to walk Yuuki to her room at this point; he is trying to escape Yuuki and the difficult conversation.

Yuuki's purpose in continuing talking is to convince Zero of her point of view (co-existance, purebloods deserve to live....etc). Her tactic is to bring up what she knows of him from their past, which is like stepping on a landmine on purpose, especially because she knows him the most: She should have been able to predict his reaction.

Zero already knew that the conversation would be emotional so he tried being rude and tried escaping. Neither worked. To put it another way:

From chapter 7
    http://www.mangareader.net/104-2092-27/vampire-knight/chapter-7.html

Kaname to Zero: Why then did you not kill [the level-E] that time? Or is it that, Kiryuu-san, that you pity him?

::Zero points gun at Kaname::
    ::Serien is in a attack stance with hand at Zero's neck::

http://www.mangareader.net/104-2092-30/vampire-knight/chapter-7.html

Kaname: The one who spoke carelessly was me.

::Serien and Zero back off::

Everyone has things that they never want to be accused of. If you know someone very well, its your responsibility to not bring up those sensitive topics. If you bring that topic up, you proceed at your own risk.

Zero showed that he knew that the conversation would not be comfortable for him and he did try to leave before the situation escalated. I'm willing to blame Yuuki more for this incident than Zero. Not that Zero is blameless.

sweetsolace
    sweetsolace
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Post by sweetsolace Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:16 am

when I considered immaturity I meant his gunpointing:

I was talking about his misuse of his gun towards Yuki or anyone else that does not need it. Its rude and its like using the gun because he didn't like what he heard. Moreover he's a hunter who uses the gun as part of his job and he's nominated to be a president, to show this display of brashness/judgment in his part is pretty immature to me.
    Bloodredhead
    Bloodredhead
    Pureblood Vampire
    Pureblood Vampire

Post by Bloodredhead Fri Oct 14, 2011 4:23 am

I don' think Zero is emotionally unstable i think he's just confused over how he feels and his upbring/sense of hunter duty. They clash majorly against each other and it has probably torn him in two. This is shown by his swings in how he acts recently from one extreme to another.

He loves yuuki, but yuuki is a pureblood, a creature he was raised to mistrust, and a creature he has grown to hate, due to his past. He loves yuuki, but he hates her nature whcih is an integral part of her. His feels for yuuki and these other emotions have got to pull at him from either side. Zero to me has a decision to make soon. Does he fight with yuuki for co-existance, or stay in this continous loop of hate and emotionlessness?
    caela
    caela
    Vampire Noble Class
    Vampire Noble Class

Humor : quirky

Post by caela Fri Oct 14, 2011 4:37 am

Sweetsolace
    when I considered immaturity I meant his gunpointing:

I was talking about his misuse of his gun towards Yuki or anyone else that does not need it. Its rude and its like using the gun because he didn't like what he heard. Moreover he's a hunter who uses the gun as part of his job and he's nominated to be a president, to show this display of brashness/judgment in his part is pretty immature to me.

From Zero's point of view, killing vampires is not illegal.

Chapter 4
    http://www.mangareader.net/104-2064-27/vampire-knight/chapter-4.html

Zero to Yuuki: Shoot me, you are afraid of me aren't you. Hold the gun steady with both hands and aim at my heart. It is no crime to kill a vampire.

The simple defense of Zero would be that he has the law on his side (I forget the law he is quoting) and that he has the right to kill vampires.

As a future President of the Hunter Association, Zero should now hold himself to a higher standard. Peace should now be the higher aim. Maturity is a must when communicating with human leadership and vampire leadership.

In the former post I made, I showed an early Zero attacking Kaname with the gun for things Kaname only said. (chapter 7) It was a matter of seconds before the situation went from conversation to gun-being-pointed-at-Kaname.

Contrast that with how Zero handled Yuuki in chapter 75. Zero tried twice to stop the conversation before Yuuki said something that triggered Zero's unhealthy response (gun again).

If I can't convince you of Zero's maturity, I'll settle for convincing you that Zero is improving and is becoming less immature. (too much of his life is using the gun, so it is hard to call his actions immature without calling all of Zero immature)

Side note: I actually doubt Zero will try to pull a gun on Yuuki again because Yuuki showed she is no longer threatened by the antics: He will have to come up with a new scare routine for next time. Maybe a Rido mask.

Bloodredhead: I totally agree. Surprised

I don' think Zero is emotionally unstable i think he's just confused over how he feels and his upbring/sense of hunter duty. They clash majorly against each other and it has probably torn him in two. This is shown by his swings in how he acts recently from one extreme to another.

He loves yuuki, but yuuki is a pureblood, a creature he was raised to mistrust, and a creature he has grown to hate, due to his past. He loves yuuki, but he hates her nature whcih is an integral part of her. His feels for yuuki and these other emotions have got to pull at him from either side. Zero to me has a decision to make soon. Does he fight with yuuki for co-existance, or stay in this continous loop of hate and emotionlessness?

Knightmare
    Knightmare
    Common Vampire
    Common Vampire

Humor : Satirical

Post by Knightmare Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:10 am

emotionally unstable? depends on how you're defining it.

if you're talking about mental disorder, then no. if you're talking about how a guy will describe his gf when she is pms'ing, then yes. though in both those cases, chemicals in the brain are responsible for it.

Zero's just a tsundere character in a manga with lots of emotional baggage that he carries around with him in everything he does. Zero's proven that holding a gun to Yuuki's head is an empty threat and its become his way of telling her to back off. Its not explicable behaviour and its not random, so no, its not emotional instability.
    KuranPrince
    KuranPrince
    Vampire Noble Class
    Vampire Noble Class

Post by KuranPrince Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:17 am

Knightmare wrote:emotionally unstable? depends on how you're defining it.

What the original poster trying to say that Zero's condition will soon fall into a Level-E vampire.
    juliet
    juliet
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Humor : Anytime...

Post by juliet Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:46 am

The simple defense of Zero would be that he has the law on his side (I forget the law he is quoting) and that he has the right to kill vampires.

The absence of the law...because vampires are not recognized by the government (it refuses) and so killing them is not meeting any consequences (apparently the morality of the hunters allows to them to do anything and that's the motto of the Hunter organization).

That's actually a matter that needs to be fixed as we saw Rima in the last chapter highlighted the fact that in reality vampires are truly vulnerable.

Anyway that's not the issue but since you mention it...

sweetsolace
    sweetsolace
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Post by sweetsolace Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:40 am

caela wrote:
    If I can't convince you of Zero's maturity, I'll settle for
    convincing you that Zero is improving and is becoming less immature.
    (too much of his life is using the gun, so it is hard to call his
    actions immature without calling all of Zero immature)

he's been using his gun sometimes for the wrong reasons in the first arc. And now he's doing it again. It's misuse. How can one tell the difference that he has changed from his attitude in the first arc when part of his bad personality is still surfacing every now and then? talking about the gun pointing.

Knightmare wrote:
    if you're talking about how a guy will describe his gf when she is
    pms'ing, then yes. though in both those cases, chemicals in the brain
    are responsible for it.
    so Zero is PMSing.
    Is Zero emotionally unstable? - Page 2 215456 you mean to say Zero has same chemicals as a female? LOL. Anyway what I mean by emotionally unstable is the example I gave in chapter 75-gunpointing, he reacted over Yuki complimenting him about purebloods. I mean it in the same lines as "Is Zero all right as he shows or its just a facade?"

Kuranprince wrote:
    What the original poster trying to say that Zero's condition will soon fall into a Level-E vampire.
    uhm, no. lol not what I meant. his level E i dont think is connected with his emotions.
    Anneliezz
    Anneliezz
    Pureblood Vampire
    Pureblood Vampire

Humor : 1.Being a pure(blood) pervert. 2. Installing the day-class-spy-cameras in zero's room 3.WCZF-club!!

Post by Anneliezz Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:12 pm

I agreed with the unstable part (but as Knightmare mentions: not in the disorder kind of way Razz)

I don't agree with the immature part though. Being confused, in the denial or just being a mess, is a very human thing in bad situations.

So human ( I know he's a ampire, but you get the point), not immature.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:59 am