Vampire Knight & Manga Forum

In order to fully enjoy the board and it's function, you can always log in or sign up to an account. Thank you...

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

In order to fully enjoy the board and it's function, you can always log in or sign up to an account. Thank you...

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Α forum dedicated to Hino's Matsuri best-seller manga Vampire Knight and the manga we love

Gallery

Vampire Knight 88 FULL RAWS AND TRANSLATION - Page 3 Empty

Latest topics

» Do you trust Hino?
Vampire Knight 88 FULL RAWS AND TRANSLATION - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2022 12:37 am by juliet

» Our Kaname is here!! Vampire Knight memories chapter 38
Vampire Knight 88 FULL RAWS AND TRANSLATION - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2022 12:35 am by juliet

» Vampire knight Memories 38
Vampire Knight 88 FULL RAWS AND TRANSLATION - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2022 4:18 am by juliet

» Where to Find Vampire Knight Memories Translation
Vampire Knight 88 FULL RAWS AND TRANSLATION - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2022 1:29 am by juliet

» The Final Countdown
Vampire Knight 88 FULL RAWS AND TRANSLATION - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2022 11:43 pm by juliet

» New VK Chapter is HERE!
Vampire Knight 88 FULL RAWS AND TRANSLATION - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 11, 2017 7:42 am by lililovelilica

» Links for Other Vampire Knight Forums and Sites that you like and enjoy!!
Vampire Knight 88 FULL RAWS AND TRANSLATION - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2016 7:25 pm by Saphira_K

» VK Memories CH 6!
Vampire Knight 88 FULL RAWS AND TRANSLATION - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2016 6:13 pm by Saphira_K

» VK Memories
Vampire Knight 88 FULL RAWS AND TRANSLATION - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2016 5:59 pm by Saphira_K

» New VK Chapter SPOILERS!
Vampire Knight 88 FULL RAWS AND TRANSLATION - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2016 5:47 pm by Saphira_K

» New VK Bonus Ch!!
Vampire Knight 88 FULL RAWS AND TRANSLATION - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2015 12:53 am by Saphira_K

» Translation of 'Fleeting Dreams'
Vampire Knight 88 FULL RAWS AND TRANSLATION - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2015 2:20 am by Saphira_K

» Bunko Editions
Vampire Knight 88 FULL RAWS AND TRANSLATION - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2015 2:18 am by Saphira_K

» New Vampire knight Extra
Vampire Knight 88 FULL RAWS AND TRANSLATION - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2015 2:15 am by Saphira_K

» The Musical (Original and Revive)
Vampire Knight 88 FULL RAWS AND TRANSLATION - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2015 2:40 am by Dreamiel

» NEW CHAPTER IN 2015?
Vampire Knight 88 FULL RAWS AND TRANSLATION - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2015 12:16 am by Unknown00

» Newbie in the forum...
Vampire Knight 88 FULL RAWS AND TRANSLATION - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2015 7:13 pm by aisan4494

» Who do you think Yuki loves more: Kaname or Zero?
Vampire Knight 88 FULL RAWS AND TRANSLATION - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2015 7:09 pm by aisan4494

» Zeki or Yume?
Vampire Knight 88 FULL RAWS AND TRANSLATION - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2015 7:04 pm by aisan4494

» So What will happen of Kaname?
Vampire Knight 88 FULL RAWS AND TRANSLATION - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2015 6:25 pm by matei alina

We and the Youtube

Poll

would you like to read a sequel of vk?or is hino thinking of writing one?
Vampire Knight 88 FULL RAWS AND TRANSLATION - Page 3 Bar_left59%Vampire Knight 88 FULL RAWS AND TRANSLATION - Page 3 Bar_right 59% [ 24 ]
Vampire Knight 88 FULL RAWS AND TRANSLATION - Page 3 Bar_left27%Vampire Knight 88 FULL RAWS AND TRANSLATION - Page 3 Bar_right 27% [ 11 ]
Vampire Knight 88 FULL RAWS AND TRANSLATION - Page 3 Bar_left15%Vampire Knight 88 FULL RAWS AND TRANSLATION - Page 3 Bar_right 15% [ 6 ]

Total Votes : 41

Friends

Terry Candy

+17
Duskola
norngpinky
chacile
Kara
mariangie
yuuki kiryuu
ButterflyWingsx
RIchard
Andre
MorningStar
kanachanimmortal
Fine of Fate
aya-chan
mangaxxanime
Evil in love
juliet
nina
21 posters

Vampire Knight 88 FULL RAWS AND TRANSLATION

nina
    nina
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Humor : Black sarcasm
    Warning ZoneVampire Knight 88 FULL RAWS AND TRANSLATION - Page 3 Dropsoa

Vampire Knight 88 FULL RAWS AND TRANSLATION - Page 3 Empty Vampire Knight 88 FULL RAWS AND TRANSLATION

Post by nina Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:40 pm

First topic message reminder :

http://tieba.baidu.com/p/2000918715

translation here: http://vampire-knight.livejournal.com/1015748.html

all thanks to all parts, for their contribution to this monthly VK experience...

English scanlation HERE

Last edited by nina on Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:48 pm; edited 1 time in total

norngpinky
    Level-E
    Level-E

Vampire Knight 88 FULL RAWS AND TRANSLATION - Page 3 Empty Re: Vampire Knight 88 FULL RAWS AND TRANSLATION

Post by norngpinky Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:43 pm

My heart is breaking reading this chapter. I mean, while I have always believed and supported Yume, I could see a happy Zeki ending too. Either way, I know I'll feel sad for either Kaname and Zero. I still want Yume to happen but it seems like neither will. I just THEN wonder what is this whole point of dragging out the love triangle for so long when in the end neither will occur.

It could be that the very goal was to have the vampires and humans co-exist. Still beats me though when I think of our 3 main characters. Will none of them have a happy ending and be the one they love?

Well it is a very complicated situation scratch And I know a lot of you guys aren't a big fan of Yuki right now, but what do you think she should have done since the beginning now that the pieces are falling into place?

It's no question that Yuki loves Kaname and Zero very much, but the love is probably different.

Now reading some of you guys' post...I do think that it could be a good ending if Yuki and Zero end up as humans and meet as humans...Would they fall in love and live an ordinary life? However, aren't we short of one person to turn BOTH of them human? Zero's memories might be erased but he is still a vampire isn't it?

There has to be a new source, a new "parent" to keep the PB/vampires in check, so I can also see a Yume ending too if Asaya becomes the parent...only if Yuki truly loves Kaname more in the romantic light and Zero not remembering Yuki at all... But even so will she be able to be happy not having Zero around. Perhaps she will be when she knows it's for the best for Zero. As in reverse, Kaname will be if he knows Yuki and Zero will be happy together.

So someone will die or lose their memories forever, ne?

Though is there a guarantee that IF either Yuki or Kaname got turned into a human that their memories as a vampire won't return? (**MAYBE Yuki is like Bella, where one of her special abilities is to reject certain things??? ;D)

Urgh...

AND, does a vampire-turned-human age normally and life a human life span?
    kanachanimmortal
    kanachanimmortal
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Warning ZoneVampire Knight 88 FULL RAWS AND TRANSLATION - Page 3 Drops5black

Vampire Knight 88 FULL RAWS AND TRANSLATION - Page 3 Empty Re: Vampire Knight 88 FULL RAWS AND TRANSLATION

Post by kanachanimmortal Thu Nov 22, 2012 3:33 pm

if it was intended to be a zeki ending why there was so much yume development till chapter 87?????????????????????????????????????? Shocked

kaname lived for 10000 years just to have this sad ending. scratch
    and zero,if his memories are gone still he is a vamp,right?????? Shocked

please someone find logic out of all the crap. scratch
    Kara
    Kara
    Common Vampire
    Common Vampire

Humor : A divine combination of irony and innuendo ;)

Post by Kara Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:36 pm

The scanlation for Chapter 88 has already been released here:

http://www.mangareader.net/vampire-knight/88/2

That was really fast Shocked
    Thanks to the translators and whoever compiled this in such a short time cheers
    nina
    nina
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Post by nina Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:36 pm

First of all as a general observation by reading briefly some of the posts (and I don’t exclude myself from what I’m about to say lol) my opinion is that we are giving more value to smallest things leaving aside the grande which IMO is Yuuki’s resolution. I know that many of us, and me as well, most of the times are focusing on the two boys and overlooking Yuuki …

BUT this time is Yuuki who is on the center, the one who makes the choices… and her decision is to sacrifice her life SOLELY for ONE PURPOSE >> saving Kaname’s << this is massive and smashes everything else under its gravity.

So regardless my feelings for some sides of her chara or my objections for the way she (technically Hino) has chosen to handle the situation overall, still I think that her ultimate sacrifice proves her ultimate love as well, without ifs, buts, and maybes, for one man and that is Kaname. This is the absolute –because death is absolute- … there is nothing beyond that, neither much left to say.

And since I bowed thus far so many times in front of Kaname’s grandiosity, originated by his sacrificial totally unselfish nature which proves his insuperable and unconditional love for Yuuki I owe to do the same for Yuuki.
    Cuz bottom line she is doing the same thing –if not even more superb- for him too. And I think is more superb because she is only a 17-teen years old girl as Hino underlined with her title i.e. she hasn’t lived anything compared to Kaname’s 10000 years and more importantly because her sacrifice doesn’t serve nothing else, none greater good cause but solely to save the life of the man that she loves even though he seemingly abandoned her and tried so many times to crush her feelings.
    So; who can’t not bow in front of such sublimeness?

Additionally … let’s think what Yuuki’s decision means for the society, hunters, vampires, humans … all:
    If we assume that the replacement of the weapons is a necessity for the co-existence (which personally finds me against but this is another story), Yuuki’s choice to stop Kaname from doing that, throws in the “garbage” everything else! In other words; she couldn’t care less for anything and anyone in front of saving Kaname!

If this isn’t the greater proof of love; I do not know what is! And since Kaname is doing the same … nothing compares to that!

At least I have said many times in the past that what I wanted to see from Yuuki is throwing herself into the fire for Kaname because he doesn’t deserve anything less… well now this is exactly what is determine to do.
    Thus Yuuki for me stands truthfully to her words, her declarations of love for Kaname and finally is proving herself AND through an absolute action >> the sacrifice of her life because there is nothing left from her in a world without her Kaname /full stop.

So for the time being I’ll eat crow, leaving aside my crankiness and exiting from the trivial aspects of the LT because this is my way to pay my respects to an ultimate/absolute message that this chapter IMO mainly conveys.

As for the rest of the plot… hmm… I have many questions and find many holes in it again and to be honest I do not know if Hino intends at all to fill these holes given the limited time that has left *sigh*

- What was the purpose of that masquerade in the first place?
    - What if Isaya had never held that party; then how Kaname would have said what he wanted to him? (that is if he indeed expresses a wish there lol)
    - Obviously this party wasn’t a dangerous trap for Kaname but for Isaya … even though as it seemed Isaya had concluded that most likely if Kaname would have showed there he would be under friendly terms and not to harm him which proved as a right conclusion.
    - In what way Yuuki or Zero had in mind to “immobilise” Kaname in order to question him huh?
    - What about the answers that they supposedly would seek together?
    - What Zero’s presence contributed after all in this last journey? Apparently nothing since neither he helped to “capture” Kaname nor Yuuki’s decision changed … a decision that was made from the moment she decided to leave the academy alone in the first place anyway.

In short my impression is that the last chapters were mostly like a “parenthesis” and I’ll leave it there lol.

And something lastly that it is very important and made my heart jump from happiness!!! bounce bounce
    As some of us supported Kaname’s goal wasn’t to kill ALL the PBs indiscriminately and now that we know his ultimate goal *sob sob* there is no doubt about it!
    Hino’s trolling sometimes drives me nuts! Arrggghhh!

Anyway I guess we will have to wait for the conclusion hoping that Hino will fill as many gaps as possible.

norngpinky wrote: AND, does a vampire-turned-human age normally and life a human life span?

I suppose yes since we know that Isaya’s child (ex-PB turned into human) had led a normal life and died as a human as well.
    RIchard
    Level-E
    Level-E

Post by RIchard Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:26 pm

Kara wrote:The scanlation for Chapter 88 has already been released here:

http://www.mangareader.net/vampire-knight/88/2

That was really fast Shocked
    Thanks to the translators and whoever compiled this in such a short time cheers
    That one dont show, just go back 1 page and check out my link for it.

NINA
    I suppose yes since we know that Isaya’s child (ex-PB turned into human) had led a normal life and died as a human as well

Also yuki ages normally when she was human.
    Duskola
    Duskola
    Level-E
    Level-E

Post by Duskola Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:41 pm

Here I am cheers

I've waited a bit before stating my opinion about this chapter, as last time I was too rash and I had to swallow it for a while.

Some of our assumptions were fulfilled, and I can't hide I'm glad about this – as I really thought I was reading a parallel story and I wasn't able to understand what was going on lol! . So, my wit hasn't abandoned me totally.

Yuuki's brainwave – about turning Kaname into human – can be seen as the natural consequence of her “overly sacrificing” character type – that is a very common leitmotiv in shoujo/shounen ai. I can find some features in common, for example, between her and Yuki of Uraboku: an apparently innocent and inexperienced boy, that goes here and there singing “lalala” my eyes... lol! and is always ready to put his own life in stake for everyone, to join the fray going directly in the arms of the enemy so that someone must always save him – even though he's much more powerful than he seems. Yuuki's conclusion is logical if you see it through the eyes of such a character type: who cares about what's going to happen after this? I HAVE ABSOLUTELY to find a way to stop him NOW without killing. Nullifying his powers = change his PB nature into something else = turning him into human. Wonderful. And @nina explained splendidly in her post why I like so much this idea lol! so I won't repeat.

The problem is, I feel a bit bored about how Hino's putting things out in the last three chapters, as we've suddenly changed two different scenarios without any plain purpose.

The visit at Kuran's mansion still hides its true aim, so I will wait to judge it.

But the masquerade ball at Isaya's manor – Hino put all this suspence in last chapter, as something very HUGE should happen, a real TRAP, a revelation, and so on. And what do we have here? Nothing. Again, Kaname shows blabbing some cool sentences, and then goes away in a flight of bats, with Yuuki following him foolishly.

Still, after reading the whole development of ch. 86, 87 and 88, I think I can guess what Hino really wanted to do. This truly is a parenthesis, as @nina says. She wanted to solve some loopholes before the ending and stay coherent - like you correctly said before - with the meaning of the sentence of her Artbook, page 75 (the image with Zero and Yuuki):

Hino-sensei comment: "(Request: Yuuki ans Zero. Free to do anything with the rest.) The two passing each other by pure coincidence. Yuuki either picked up the Christmas rose that Zero dropped, or maybe she had it with her to give it to someone... Or maybe this whole illustration is in another possible world, and this could be when Yuuki and Zero meet each other for the first time... Those were the kinds of things I was thinking about."

This is Hino-sensei talking some years ago. So, this development is consistent with her own ideas and I think she wanted to have the chance to explain this POV about Zeki before the end. Especially when her POV about Yume is this one, as we keep repeating:

Always Hino-sensei: "I drew this with the intent of showing 'they're finally back where they belong'. I'm happy I was able to express what I wanted with the least amount of movement".

Now, I don't know if we will truly see an ending with only two of them, or the three of them without their previous memories, or two of them here and two of them in another dimension - or in another situation. She truly left all the doors open (Kaname = door, isn't it? lol!).

In any case, I'm totally with @nina - that Yuuki is now showing the most splendid - and selfish - kind of love for Kaname. Still, Zero's role still remains a mistery for me (in the whole story, I mean lol! where is this wonderful and mighty ex-human-vampire-weapon to purge all PB? Did he kill any other PB but Rido during the plot? lol! So, if creating new weapons is truly all Kaname's plan, how can he be useful? Maybe he wants to create a super-super-super-Kanaweapon™️ only for him?). And I don't believe he will totally lose his memories of Yuuki - if this should happen, Hino must make him go off the scene, and this obviously can't be.

After reading this chapter, at last, we confirmed the kiss lol! and I'm with anybody talking about a goodbye kiss out of despair. The very mirror image of the other one - and we know how much Hino-sensei likes mirrors lol!

Also, the masquerade is the perfect mirror situation of the Academy ball: and we have the confirmation in this chapter as Yuuki remembers that very episode. In the Academy ball, Yuuki danced with Kaname and Zero was the one to watch from afar. This time, Yuuki dances with Zero and Kaname is the one watching. Romantical, aesthetically wonderful, yes.

But when Yuuki blabbed about “Oh my, what would have happened if we were simple human at the Academy ball?”.

Yuuki: are you stupid? You WERE a simple human at the Academy ball =_=. And someone please explain her that her true brother is dead and that if they were all humans, Kaname would simply have died some thousands years ago.

And here's another wonderful idea of her: “I saw that he's safe and maybe he didn't fall to Level E only thanks to his memories about me. So, let's simply take them out so that he goes crazy and start killing people at random! Oh, well, but he won't suffer for me. Isn't this wonderful?” Please.

And finally. Am I the only one to find Kaname's-masquerade-appearance "plot device" stupid? =_=

Sorry, my Kaname-sama, but I have to tell what I really think. And what I really think is: if you can go here and there simply becoming a flock of buts, why the hell you have to wait a f*****g ball to talk alone to Isaya-sama, especially when you had this occasion? And please, repeat me: what is your purpose? “Hi, Isaya-sama, sorry to bother you, could you please sacrifice yourself at my place? I have some business to do”. And what is, this business? Oh, he has to become the new parent metal. Wonderful. Then what is he waiting for? The correct heat of the volcano, like a sweet recipe? lol!

But then, now we know that almost a part of his brilliant plan was making all this mess, abandoning Yuuki, taking the effort to purge some evil PB before and so on, for what? To create again the same old situation of 10000 years ago? Only because - please notice: there are very few PB left - but he can't kill the evil ones all alone?

So this was all he wanted to say to Kaien in ch. 74: “It's too simple to be put into words?” That is: "Ohohoh baka you are a hunter, you should know that the mother metal is losing her power, so pleeeeeease stop bothering me and let me kill as much PB as possible BEFORE giving you some brand new weapons Kaname™️".

I really HOPE that there is something we still don't know and that he's hiding to everyone – because if this is truly all his so muuuuuch perfect plan – well, I find it as much stupid - for the sake of the world - as Yuuki's one.

As in this way there will be no change in the world at all. Oh, I know he's pessimistic and thinks that nothing can change and we are doomed and so on. Still, he tries and spread some seeds – purging evil PB and watching the old mother metal die – and all this for what? To create again the same old weapons for hunters? O_O

But if he knew that evil PB were "too many" (O___O less then thirty, too many?????????) for his powers, as he can't safely held an anti-vampire weapon without becoming a skeleton, couldn't he simply go and throw himself in the volcano? He would have given to the perfect Vampire Knight™️ the weapons to destroy all them immediately. But no, he prefers to keep appearing, disappearing, losing time with a mask on, and such. Oh my, Hino, what are you doing?

I would have hoped for him planning something like “Why do hunters have to be slaves of their duty as much as ex-human vampires are slaves of their master? Why do vampires and humans have to hate each other this way? I woke up and found the same old situation, despite HW sacrifice. I want to change everything, so that everybody can be free to choose his own destiny.” Even if I knew from before that the self-sacrifice for weapons is the only possible explanation to the "I will succeed you" sentence. *sigh*

But well, maybe it's truly better to throw oneself into a volcano, make new weapons, make Yuuki become human and letting some Vampire Knight™️ defending both her and humanity (as the whole hunters' society head up by Kaien is suddenly not enough).

And if we are also going to discover that blood tablets are truly made to protect vampires – that is, they can only defend the good and young ones by the brand new Kaname™️ weapons... I think I'm going to crack up Vampire Knight 88 FULL RAWS AND TRANSLATION - Page 3 3428452064

BUT there is a good side, too - Yuuki finally used the f****** bracelet lol! at last!!! So that wasn't (only) an excuse to sell more gadgets. I suspected Yuuki would have used it so that Zero couldn't follow her in the final battle.

So, let's see – in the new year – if Hino-sensei can make a consistent conclusion come out from all this. She let some ways out of the tragedy - Isaya-sama, that seems to be the only character to have some good sense in the last few chapters - and what about all those people left behind? Maybe the true Vampire Knight™️ is Takuma lol! and Kaien, too... he's been so overly protective towards Yuuki for all last chapters, and now that his daughter has decided to die he simply disappeared.

Well, I still have hopes. But for now, I feel a bit bored.

juliet
    juliet
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Humor : Anytime...

Post by juliet Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:17 am

@Kara and Richard thank you both for the links Vampire Knight 88 FULL RAWS AND TRANSLATION - Page 3 3110612249 i enjoyed it reading on line too..

do not have so much time...you all made wonderful points that i would like to address to, but just a few points it's easy to make at this late hour...

@Butterfly

Yes, but don't you think it's unfair to Zero? It's wrong of her to take away Zero's memories. I think it's stupid because her plan will probably back fire...Zero will probably remember her despite her attempt to make him forget her. He could also seek revenge on Kaname and go on a killing spree or something because he will remember Kaname and his hatred of Purebloods, but he'll forget Yuuki the person that helped him stay sane.

It's not so much him remembering a girl that despite she knew his feelings chose to save someone else...it's just not right to take his memories like that and Zero will probably remember which will be worse, IMO. He will be miserable for the rest of his life knowing Yuuki died. And probably angry she did that...

Everyone is looking at Zero's condition from now on and sees a pessimistic value. I think we all understand Yuuki's spirit so i won't go back to that...just few remarks..

As Kara said in one of her posts we did not see the end of Yuuki's actions, so i am a bit conservative that the process shall be completed. Perhaps some memories get erased and others shall not.

But let's look another optimistic scenario...

what was Yuuki to Zero? ok a safety zone, a pillar, and also an emotional weight that kept him behind and made it impossible to bond with another girl. Zero with or without Yuuki's memories (which i believe he shall retrieve before the grand finale) is still a vampire.

Needs blood, needs an attachment, that attachment had been Yuuki but Yuuki was not there and she also does not intend to be. So he was unable to attach to another one and also unable to feed regularly.... di da di...see my point > at this moment Maria may come, aiding Zero and there he is free to feel and love again, not living with past memories but with a present girl that Hino has pinpointed already to be interested in him.

So Yuuki's effort is to liberate him, and also establish that her road is open wide as she searches Kaname...

@nina
    BUT this time is Yuuki who is on the center, the one who makes the choices… and her decision is to sacrifice her life SOLELY for ONE PURPOSE >> saving Kaname’s << this is massive and smashes everything else under its gravity.

Very true...and let's look at the forest and not the tree...

Yuuki's course and path has not changed at all, ever since she left the Kuran Mansion to Hanadagi's castle because she had a feeling that Kaname needed her, her emotional attachment to him remains the same and actually the weight of her decisions becomes even more severe...

She started with just following Kaname and now surpassing obstacles and restrictions, barriers that even kaname posed to her, the school, Sara, even Zero> she remains stable even when facing her own death with the same determination as before.

Yuuki is unstoppable, the same way that Kaname is, and determined to give an end, even if that end as Nina correctly mentioned does not benefit anyone else than Kaname (with the logic that he shall not be the metal and the vampire society can save itself...).

- What if Isaya had never held that party; then how Kaname would have said what he wanted to him? (that is if he indeed expresses a wish there lol)

But the masquerade ball at Isaya's manor – Hino put all this suspence in last chapter, as something very HUGE should happen, a real TRAP, a revelation, and so on. And what do we have here? Nothing. Again, Kaname shows blabbing some cool sentences, and then goes away in a flight of bats, with Yuuki following him foolishly.

I don’t think I can stand by and watch any longer, especially if I’m going to become a target one day. That’s why I hosted this masquerade, so that I can talk to you alo
    ne.

I think the obvious explanation is that Isaya had no way to contact Kaname and one way to reach him was the party. I do not think that Kaname had wanted to contact him, i think that he turned up to see what was the call about, understanding that this was a call for something >
    After all Kaname is too proud to ask anything himself, but then again it's his plan at stake too. As Isaya is willing to help why to turn him down? This gives me a faint hope that perhaps Kaname circles around finding a solution out of this condition as well. It is his style and we have seen it many times in the past to wait until the last moment in order to act > as in buying time or making a certainty that all actions are driven by necessity or to put it better >

Kaname's actions always reach a point in time where they are justified by an underlying necessity examples...
    see...Yuuki's transformation, Rido's awakening, counci's death, Shizuka's murder and even his decision to go for Hanadagi...."It's time..."

To the main dialogue:

Kaname: I once considered turning Yuuki human with my life.

But I can’t do that anymore, because I’m going to be the new “original metal”.

Vampire A: Don’t you think that something is wrong?

Vampire B: Yeah…

Vampire C: Not only did Isaya-sama leave the ball, but the Kuran princess and her company both disappeared as awell…

Vampire D: That’s probably because the Kuran family patriarch showed up.
    He’s the one who killed the younger brother of this one over here and my husband. Don’t let him get away.

Rima: Excuse me, please wait.

Yuuki: Er…

Shiki: They are busy in there, so we can’t let you through.

Isaya: If I can bid farewell to this cursed and indestructible body, I will do it in your stead when the time comes.

Watch the panels that are in and between like interrupting the dialogue or hiding a part of it. I still want (personal choice) to have my hopes high that Isaya is talking about being the replacement of the metal >

-this is making sense to me since Kaname had already mentioned to Cross his idea in the past about making Yuuki human again in case Yuuri's spell breaks and it seemed that he had abandoned it. Where is the logic in there, where Yuuki can be vulnerable to any attack and the vampire society knows her identity and could transform her again to get or manipulate her powers? does this sound like a plan here? what for?
    So something is not quite there for me, it would make such a greater plan if Isaya's is referring to the metal (IMO).

@Duskola let's wait and see; why is Kaname bound to fulfill HW's wishes? was it because she reached her limits and went into a killing spree so that he is forced to replace her? did he know about that fact? what the HW's connection with the murder's of the purebloods? this is where the juicy part is hiding for me.

As for Yuuki's attitude with Zero, she knows that her end is approaching and it had been her decision after the chapter where Kaname says that he shall succeed HW > so she knows his final act but has no other way to react.

Taking her decision she reaches the mansion (where I think she searched clues where Kaname might be hiding -looking out where the rest of the houses are) and makes a clear clarification to Zero that she belongs to Kaname accepting him to help her. In what?

As we see now she had already decided the end. Isaya has his own reason to talk to Kaname (which Yuuki does not know) and so invites her to participate to the ball so he can lure Kaname in. Yuuki also sees that as a good chance in case she can "trap" Kaname an Zero plays along to get his own answers.

What is the plan? the kiss? that's the only thing that fits as it is given exactly the moment that kaname appears. A Kiss without a development, not before, not after, because that was...

Hmmm…yeah, that was just an illusion, because the Zero I know can’t dance at all. I’m reminded of what happened at the dancing festival of the academy.

the kissing part...

Yuuki's thoughts are justified as she openly speaks her mind about how that illusion perhaps could have been a reality under different circumstances...

which one? where she did not belong to Kaname...she had never been a vampire to the first place, in love with her own brother. One for the path that she is now facing is very bitter and two...

The liberation with which Yuuki speaks her mind, like nothing matters at all, nothing really, because there is not enough romantic foundation underneath to affect any one of the two, as their minds and goals are set, is i believe the vehicle through which Hino sets free Zeki as an idea...

What would the 17-year-old human Yuuki have done?

Zero: You really are an idiot, aren’t you?

Yuuki: Eh?

Zero: If we were both human, we wouldn’t have crossed paths to start with. So don’t trouble yourself with impossible fantasies. Let’s go.

and after this goodbye tender moment of "something that could have existed" in another universe...back to their goals where Yuuki liberates Zero from her to set his mind in ease and to go on with her initial plan.
    RIchard
    Level-E
    Level-E

Post by RIchard Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:15 am

Since it says that the final arch is starting and not the final volume or chapter then we might still have quit some time.
    Right now I am leaning towards zero being the final villain. I believe that some how his vampire and hunter instincts/self's will merge after his memories are removed causeing him to attack hunter, pbs, and vampires alike and the last arch will be yuki trying to stop zero and fix what she broke. Kaname no matter how strong he may be is still limited in his ability to kill pbs cause he cant wield an anti vampire weapon with out going skeletor on us. Zero is different in this matter cause he is able to wield the bloody rose with out side effects.
    So yuki decides to wipe out zero's memories cause she cant stand the idea of hurting the man she loves anymore then she has already so she thinks it is better to remove all traces of her from him then to hurt him again. All cause the only way she can think to stop her brother is to turn him human. But in doing so she also removes the only thing that was keeping zero stable.

The reason I think this will be good as the final arch story is cause yuki will finally be cleaning up a mess of her own making. In the first arch we have yuki and zero cleaning up the mess rido made, in the 2nd arch we have zero and yuki cleaning up the mess kaname made. So for the 3rd arch there is only 1 kuran left and the only thing she has done that I can see causing chaos is this whole deal with zero's memories. The only question is what will kaname be doing, will he be the new parent, made human by isaya, or simply gives up on his plans when he see's yuki trying to kill herself or zero, the protector that kaname made for yuki out of control. There is no way kaname would leave yuki with out some form of protection.
    mariangie
    mariangie
    Pureblood Vampire
    Pureblood Vampire

Humor : Mad Doctor

Post by mariangie Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:05 am

So what Yuuki was looking inside the Kuran Manor was the locations from the other Kuran Manors . Including the one near the active volcanic lava . And Yuuki's key was really a master key for all Kuran manors .

Some huge doubts from my part :

1- The role of Zero after his memories of Yuuki erased .

Could be anything , from nothing . Which be very lame , specially if the story has a Zeki end type " we will met in another life " . From somehow getting a more prominent role in how the final climax and resolution develops . Which I had no clear idea what could be .

A thing I could consider as side effect of Zero losing his memories . Had he lost the main thing that was holding his sanity ? Precipitating him to become a Level E ? If this happens , what would be Yuuki's role here ?

2- Will Zero end the story as a vampire ? Has Hino forgotten the Level E issue ?

I suppose this depends of how many chapters remains . In a shorter last part , with no more than 1 whole volume to work the remainding issues . Probably Hino would not address much of this . If longer , there is more space to adress the issue .

It's possible to turn Zero into a human yet . But could be a generic one . ( mega crack speculation next , as almost impossible ) As in the crazy scenario of Yuuki sacrificing herself throwing into a volcano to turn every vampire into humans . Using the volcanic ashes send to the atmosphere as a way for all vampires who breath the ashes become humans . Or if Kaname successed dying , Yuuki chosing turning Zero human instead .

But I don't see how Hino can ignore all that hints she gave before telling Zero could lose his humanity and become Level E .

3- Kaname's nightmare / premonition .

For now , it appears Kaname already knew from the start of the second arc . Yuuki would die /sacrifice for a useless cause . This probably had a huge impact in Kaname's actions from the 2nd arc .

What role would play now that the revelation of Yuuki choice to save Kaname was to sacrifice herself with the same spell her mom used on her to turn her human in the past ? Because Kaname already suspected she was going to do something rash to prevent him from fulfilling his plans . Kaname probably was counting on Zero to keep her at bay , as an obstacle to prevent Yuuki to eventually kill herself to save him . But now Zero has no memories of Yuuki . Yuuki is free to act as she wants for once . So Kaname is planning for Isaya to stop her for a while until he can fulfill his plans .

But some weird things passed from my mind . Kaname did had a nightmare were Rido was the one killing Yuuki . Not him . Could this has being only a metaphor for the fear of Kaname being the responsable of final Yuuki's sacrifice for Kaname ? Or there is more ? Could Rido be a wild card ? Because he said Kaname and Rido's lifes were bond . I presume this means one only can die if the other die as well . Could Rido the one who could use the moment of Yuuki sacrificing herself for Kaname and try to resurrect himself instead ???? Creating a real useless sacrifice for Yuuki ?

4- Will really Yuuki end as human again ?

For now , this is what the story is suggesting . If Kaname success in his plans to become the new source for the anti - vampire weapon furnace . With Isaya as back - up to stop Yuuki by turning her into human instead . Or viceversa . This could be Yuuki's final fate .

But if something else is meant to be as surprise ? She could really end dying . Or something else . Well , I suppose this will be more clear in the next 2 chapters .

5- Will Kaname die ?

For now , the answer is yes . Specially if the end is Zeki . Unless Yuuki success in sacrificing herself to turn him human . It's true making Kanme human resolves a lot of things about him . But at the same time it makes Kaname vulnerable . But unless Hino intended a Yume end . Letting Kaname live . Specially as an amnesic human doesn't resolve as much if there are some remaining purebloods around . Who could want vengance .

6- What about the mysteries from Kaname's past ?

Ones as easy as HW's name . Or as complicated as what really happened the day Yuuki saw Kaname crying over a broken mirror in front of the Kuran Manor Mausoleum . Will Hino just explain these in only 2 or 3 pages . Let's see .

7- The role of the rose resin vial .

Would Yuuki discover Kaname has the rose resin vial with him all this time ? Would she notice it only after he dies , inside his clothes ? In the scenario Yuuki dies to turn Kaname human . Would Kaname find the vial and question himself why he has that in his power ? Would the vial breaks meaning Yuuki has died ?

I left this for now . But I like to see how Hino intended to pull all this mess for her end .

Knightmare
    Knightmare
    Common Vampire
    Common Vampire

Humor : Satirical

Post by Knightmare Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:49 am

I want to say this was an excellent chapter, but sensei still hasnt got back the magic of the past.

i will say i love yuuki wiping zero,s memories. wont last of course, but still, it was a lovely sentiment, that she wouldnt be able to sacrifice herself if zero still rememebred her, that was lovely. zero's despair at the action, very nice.

hino made it clear zeki kissed, yuuki dwells on this as she chases down kaname. and later we get a sweet but unrealistic fantasy from yuuki, where she boxes kaname in as her brother and zeki gets a "what if...". its a very potent question, because zeki has always been about what they do for each other, it was never a love at first sight, would they have noticed each other if they were regular old sods.

yuuki makes another useless declaration. kaname has forced yuuki into a corner and her only way out she sees is to sacrifice herself to stop him. to yuuki, kaname is beyond reasoning, which i think is a pity cos surely the rido ghost has some negative influence on kaname and once that goes...but anyhow,i;m sure kaname is already anticipating what yuuki is planning and shes probably playing right into his hands.

isaya wants to die, no surprises there. so he's willing to sacrifice himself to turn yuuki human, this must have been why kaname went to see him earlier. disappointed that he seems to barely care about anything.

kaname's plan, meh, no surprises. hes carrying too much depression from his past, he still hasnt let go. whatever purebloods are now, they are not the same as the past. they're all like ghosts, they scare people and some do bad things, but overall now, they are ineffective and really boring. i think he plans to turn himself into the metal and use zero as the wielder, which is why he keeps trying to foster that hatred of zero's. yuuki's wiping of zero's memories will probably help that (temporarily), as his regard for her, held him back.

i think zero and kaname will both bite it in the end and yuuki will be turned human, with the most/all of the purebloods dying as well, leaving the rest of the vampires to police themselves, with the new gen inspired by yuuki's attitude.
    kanachanimmortal
    kanachanimmortal
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Warning ZoneVampire Knight 88 FULL RAWS AND TRANSLATION - Page 3 Drops5black

Post by kanachanimmortal Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:16 am

Knightmare wrote:I want to say this was an excellent chapter, but sensei still hasnt got back the magic of the past.

i will say i love yuuki wiping zero,s memories. wont last of course, but still, it was a lovely sentiment, that she wouldnt be able to sacrifice herself if zero still rememebred her, that was lovely. zero's despair at the action, very nice.

hino made it clear zeki kissed, yuuki dwells on this as she chases down kaname. and later we get a sweet but unrealistic fantasy from yuuki, where she boxes kaname in as her brother and zeki gets a "what if...". its a very potent question, because zeki has always been about what they do for each other, it was never a love at first sight, would they have noticed each other if they were regular old sods.

yuuki makes another useless declaration. kaname has forced yuuki into a corner and her only way out she sees is to sacrifice herself to stop him. to yuuki, kaname is beyond reasoning, which i think is a pity cos surely the rido ghost has some negative influence on kaname and once that goes...but anyhow,i;m sure kaname is already anticipating what yuuki is planning and shes probably playing right into his hands.

isaya wants to die, no surprises there. so he's willing to sacrifice himself to turn yuuki human, this must have been why kaname went to see him earlier. disappointed that he seems to barely care about anything.

kaname's plan, meh, no surprises. hes carrying too much depression from his past, he still hasnt let go. whatever purebloods are now, they are not the same as the past. they're all like ghosts, they scare people and some do bad things, but overall now, they are ineffective and really boring. i think he plans to turn himself into the metal and use zero as the wielder, which is why he keeps trying to foster that hatred of zero's. yuuki's wiping of zero's memories will probably help that (temporarily), as his regard for her, held him back.

i think zero and kaname will both bite it in the end and yuuki will be turned human, with the most/all of the purebloods dying as well, leaving the rest of the vampires to police themselves, with the new gen inspired by yuuki's attitude.

one thing is good in your predicted ending that yuuki dies and no couple wins. Razz
    BUT... Vampire Knight 88 FULL RAWS AND TRANSLATION - Page 3 3994664780
    there is a big question,if she was to die in the end why everybody(specially kaname)wasted their time to save her Vampire Knight 88 FULL RAWS AND TRANSLATION - Page 3 348569985 .hino can't be that stupid mangaka or is she? scratch killing a character which you were so desperately protecting in your story?? scratch
    i wouldn't mind yuuki dieing if she was a true heroine but she came out a rather boring and stupid character.she was much better when she was a human,now she is just a stupid pureblood. Vampire Knight 88 FULL RAWS AND TRANSLATION - Page 3 1348895015
    i must say to hook readers she practically destroyed the charm of her heroine,now i find bella and elena even sookie much better vamp girls.
    till chapter 87 she was sure of her love for kaname and suddenly woah i love zero too and ROMANTICALLY.oh come on hino. Vampire Knight 88 FULL RAWS AND TRANSLATION - Page 3 2555855207
    i don't think yuuki will die,kaname won't let it happen,he won't let past repeat itself Vampire Knight 88 FULL RAWS AND TRANSLATION - Page 3 1587041387 ,it will be like she becoming a human,zero got turned into human by some another crappy person and them meeting at the ball and falling in love and having kids and blah blah. Vampire Knight 88 FULL RAWS AND TRANSLATION - Page 3 4179206333

the thing that i want to see before all the shit ends is kuran's matriarch.i so wanna see her. Vampire Knight 88 FULL RAWS AND TRANSLATION - Page 3 3751784264

and seiren with aidou so badly. Vampire Knight 88 FULL RAWS AND TRANSLATION - Page 3 1952665954
    nina
    nina
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Post by nina Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:06 pm

Duskola wrote: The visit at Kuran's mansion still hides its true aim, so I will wait to judge it.

Yeah apparently.
    That also can mean that Yuuki sees so ahead? I mean if her visit at the Kuran mansion has a meaning that will come in play AFTER the masquerade this probably means that Yuuki thought that the masquerade won’t work with Kaname; i.e. she was preparing for her next step? Wow impressive!
    If so; then again this entire act with the ball becomes even more meaningless at least regarding the rest of the plot i.e. was mainly staged from Hino to address the Zeki and close it there (at least in Yuuki’s mind) by creating an illusion with all these if(s) and maybe(s) that had to apply in order the Zeki to have had (maybe again) a potential in an alter universe.

It’s like Juliet described it >>
    Spoiler:

I agree… and if so; this reinforces the feeling that I had in the previous chapter that the reminiscence of the past had the meaning of an epilogue. Perhaps it is as Duskola said that Hino in these two chapters extended the post card of Zeki from her art-book.

Juliet wrote: Taking her decision she reaches the mansion (where I think she searched clues where Kaname might be hiding -looking out where the rest of the houses are) and makes a clear clarification to Zero that she belongs to Kaname accepting him to help her. In what?

Exactly. In what; Zero’s presence assisted her? As the things turned out in nothing… I could even say that Zero was a “burden” for her.
    And also seems that we were accurate in our observation from the previous chapter that Yuuki kept secret from Zero her true purpose of the visit at the Kuran mansion.

Yuuki also sees that as a good chance in case she can "trap" Kaname an Zero plays along to get his own answers.

Ah … this is what I cannot understand! What they had planned; what was Zero’s role there; in order to “force” Kaname to talk to them and moreover to give them the answers that were seeking???
    And let’s leave aside for a moment Yuuki since she as it seems was prepared for the next step … but Zero? In his mind what role he was playing in this beforehand agreed plan with Yuuki???

What is the plan? the kiss? that's the only thing that fits as it is given exactly the moment that kaname appears. A Kiss without a development, not before, not after,

Hm… it is a logical thought cuz the timing was a “diabolic coincidence”, plus the lack of any other plan/trap there…

In any case though even if all this was a trap or not Kaname didn’t eat the bait ho ho ho and Hino gifted us a splendid and peerless moment of Kaname’s coolness KYAAA <333333333

Fangirling mode Razz

Spoiler:

Duskola wrote: Again, Kaname shows blabbing some cool sentences, and then goes away in a flight of bats, with Yuuki following him foolishly.

Hahaha IMO they looked both as fools there.

Honestly the repetition of the scenes with Yuuki and Zero running after Kaname AGAIN (pant, pant, pant hahaha) resulting on the same thing over and over again is kinda grotesque! >>

Zero: Looks like it’s extremely difficult to stop him if he truly intends to get away.
    Yuuki: Hmmm…right, just as you said, right…

Halooo … my god Zero! It’s not nucleonics rofl

Back on the plot Embarassed

Sorry, my Kaname-sama, but I have to tell what I really think. And what I really think is: if you can go here and there simply becoming a flock of buts, why the hell you have to wait a f*****g ball to talk alone to Isaya-sama, especially when you had this occasion?

I’m with you on this lol!

However as Juliet said probably it was Isaya the one who wanted to meet Kaname but he had no other way to do so. If this is the case then I can assume two things:
    That Isaya’s involvement wasn’t part of Kaname’s plan but he went there to explore Isaya’s intentions moreover since Yuuki was involved; OR that he would have tried anyway to contact Isaya even without the ball and simply he grabbed the opportunity that Isaya offered him with the masquerade.

In any case though I’m quite sceptical if Hino has revealed the whole content of Kaname’s discussion with Isaya; or even if she deliberately is misleading us again.

But then, now we know that almost a part of his brilliant plan was making all this mess, abandoning Yuuki, taking the effort to purge some evil PB before and so on, for what? To create again the same old situation of 10000 years ago? Only because - please notice: there are very few PB left - but he can't kill the evil ones all alone?

I had the exact same query! And this is the reason why after the destruction of the original mother metal, I supported that there is no reason for a creation of a new breed of weapons! Cuz even if that solution was the best or the only approach 10000 years ago, when the population of the PBs was large and the mankind was at the brink of doom, today both of these factors are nullified.
    Plus the solution of the weapons didn’t bring the desired coexistence … on the contrary with the flow of time we saw some clear samples of abuse of this power from the hunters against the vampires’ society, something that was preventing the coexistence to bloom.

So yes first this plan degrades Kaname’s strategic mind compared with his brilliant previous plans (1st arc) and secondly plot-wise lacks inspiration. The only difference is that IF Kaname becomes the new metal then the PB Yuuki would be safe for eternity against any anti-vampire weapon.
    However this gain is also nullified since supposedly Kaname wants a human Yuuki in the end!
    So where is the logic in all these???
    In my logic the destruction of the majority of the weapons could have been the big change … a golden opportunity to compel both sides to cooperate >> the hunters with lesser power would be bound to cooperate with the good nobles in order to regulate the society and the few remaining weapons could have been a guaranty for an emergency.

However there could be something that we’re missing currently … for example a necessity for a replacement of the metal which bounds Kaname to proceed as Juliet mentioned >>

why is Kaname bound to fulfill HW's wishes? was it because she reached her limits and went into a killing spree so that he is forced to replace her? did he know about that fact? what the HW's connection with the murder's of the purebloods? this is where the juicy part is hiding for me.

That could be a logical explanation since now is clear that the HW wouldn’t have stopped if ALL the PBs weren’t wiped out. So maybe Kaname had no other choice but to destroy her in order to save and not to kill the rest of the PBs indiscriminately, and now he is somehow bound to replace the metal.

Although this again means that Hino provides a repetition of the past since she could have found a new advanced idea to solve the Gordian-knot.

@Duskola
    Spoiler:

Hm… hold that thought. I’ve been thinking too… what if Kaname’s plan isn’t to create new weapons? What if by throwing himself into the lava aims to accomplish something else??? Something that can affect only the PBs? Just a thought … I cannot elaborate it further lol
    Anyway … we shall see.

@Juliet
    Spoiler:

Um… if Iasya could be the replacement for the metal, then I think that this isn’t something that Kaname would ask him to do. However it could be Isaya’s initiative the crucial moment saving in this way both Kaname and Yuuki ^^

But then again what Isaya could have meant with his phrase If I can bid farewell to this cursed and indestructible body, I will do it in your stead when the time comes. (???)

Cuz I totally agree with you that the thought to turn Yuuki again into a human now appears stupider than ever! Gosh could be both Yuuki and Kaname so stupid????
    And if for Yuuki there is a good excuse, that she ran out of alternatives; for Kaname there is none since in a world with PBs alive and him as the new metal the PB Yuuki would have been by far safer than being a vulnerable human girl who above all everybody would know her existence and her true nature!

It beats me! And frankly I hope that there is more behind all that!

And aside from the lack of logic as I said from the first moment that I heard about Yuuki’s intention to turn Kaname into human … the idea of turning ANYONE into a human it ticks me off totally!
    I want everybody in the end alive and in their current forms since the alternative would be the lamest end for this story! If I wanted to read a story about ordinary-every-day-human-beings who led a “normal” life I would have picked a different manga to read! There is a ton out there of slice of life shoujo for anyone who wants to read such stories!
    Why she has to destroy the uniqueness of VK which is based on its unique PB and vampire characters???
    I even disagree with the fans who want Zero turned into a human again. IMO Zero is by far more unique and interesting chara as a hunter-vampire … makes him exceptional!

I’m stopping here and I’ll refrain myself till I see the real end.

As for Yuuki’s move to erase Zero’s memories of her … I too think that this probably it won’t be permanent. And I have my reservations as of how this will work since it’s not that Yuuki won’t be mentioned from anybody from now on. I mean what if Cross or Yori asks Zero about Yuuki? So I want to see what exactly Yuuki erased from Zero’s memory and how he will be the next day.
    Now how much time it will take him to regain his memory; or how this will affect him; or what will be the trigger; … dunno. There are many possibilities that Hino has open with this. However I think that Yuuki’s choice would turn to be beneficial for Zero in the end with one way or another or at least won’t harm him.

@Juliet
    Spoiler:

I agree.
    Maria is one out of many possibilities… and come to think of it… the scene that Zero revealed to Yuuki which are his sources for fresh blood (his preys) sheds light to a dark part of Zero’s life and reinforces even more Yuuki’s choice to erase his memory and liberating him from a past that was keeping him “captive” and unable to move on. So maybe this revelation is not irrelevant with the unfoldment either…

Also I do not believe that Zero runs any danger to fall into a level-E, neither that Yuuki’s move puts at stake his sanity. Since the chapter that Yuuki took his blood and saw inside him I believed that Hino addressed his issue with the level-E-ness for good.

Something lastly about Yuuki and her role:

Some may assume that since Yuuki is the only hope for Kaname’s survival then he is doomed for certain since his plans never failed thus far and of course he would never allow to Yuuki to harm herself.
    True… plus Yuuki cannot measure up to Kaname either in experience/power nor intelligence.
    However we cannot forget that Kaname’s plans weren’t flawless and he had to adjust his course many times. A prime example is that he didn’t want to turn Yuuki into her true nature BUT he was compelled by the circumstances. And one factor that made him to change plans was Yuuki herself by breaking her spell.
    Now again Yuuki is the only left that can make the difference moreover when this time her role, underlined many times and from different sources, is exactly to become Kaname’s salvation.
    I’ve been thinking… now that we are reaching the end, what was Yuuki’s role and contribution overall in this story as the main heroine? Not much there to refer except from the fact that her gentle existence smoothen and shed some light into the hearts of both boys, giving them the motivation to go on living.

And now has again a similar role with the difference that is the first time that is assigned something to her so clear from the author. Is Hino herself who has put on Yuuki’s shoulders this heavy “burden” and not us the readers with our interpretations.
    So I wonder; how can Hino let her heroine to fail in the end??? Can she afford that; moreover since is common ascertainment that Yuuki thus far was totally overshadowed by the two boys?
    Of course I do not mean that Yuuki’s success would have been to manage somehow and turn Kaname into a human lol but that she will succeed to stop him moreover if there will appear an alternative as “deus ex machine” lol!
    Duskola
    Duskola
    Level-E
    Level-E

Post by Duskola Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:12 pm

Here I am again cheers

Yes, I write in episodes, and be grateful about this rofl ... I now want to comment some of your wonderful posts! cheers

Evil in love wrote:
    Takuma will be the one who brings Yuuki and Kaname together... I have that feeling when I saw the cover rofl of vol 17

Besides the cover, very good observation here – everybody forgot about poor Takuma lol! and not only him – where did most of Academy fellows go? What are Ruka, Kain and Aido doing? Hino is obviously concentrating on the three main chara as we are close to the end – still, I have the feeling that not only Isaya, but also some of the "second lines" will have a central role in the end. Or, in other words, that Hino willingly let a whole bunch of deus ex machina (as @nina says) out of the plot for some time. So that she can make a real big TWIST in the end lol! We will all jump down from our sits lol! well – we shall see.

@juliet & nina:

Spoiler:

I couldn't have explained myself better. The last three chapters are totally filled with her nostalgia and with her resolution to die. What would anyone of us do, if we had the same resolution? Probably thinking about how things would have gone, if – or showing the deepest affection to the ones we love the most. And this is exactly what Yuuki is doing right now.
    AND as Kaname recently put on some big posters in front of her saying “I WILL SUCCEED TO THE ONE WHO SACRIFICED TO CREATE THE WEAPONS” lol!, well, even a more candid girl would have understood what he was going to do – or would have feeled a very BAD feeling, at last. So, there's nothing left to defend – as the evil villain PB, Sara, is finally dead – and it's plain that Kaname hasn't been killing PB for a while (anyway, did he killed so many of them? O_o Who did he kill, apart Hanadagi and Hiou – and, on top of that, why only the husband and not the wife?). So, even a naive girl like Yuuki can understand that his final plan isn't becoming a serial PB killer but sacrificing himself in the end – as this is his biggest regret (that we know so far lol!). That's why I find very silly, to think that she's going to abandon the one she finally "understood to love" - that is, Zero – because she's compelled to save – what? If Kaname's aim is to create again the anti-vampires weapons, despite the pain this could give to her, she should know with the least effort of logic that his sacrifice is necessary. She could at least think: "Oh no! I will throw myself at his place!" but, no, she wants him alive and safe (well, not so safe as a human – but this is another argument lol!). That is, she wants to give him a second chance, a relief after seeing all he's carrying inside. And that is >> HIS LIFE IS THE ONLY THING SHE WANTS TO SAVE. There's nothing else to defend in front of her eyes. She's going to put the entire world in danger to achieve this goal. AND nobody compells her – if she truly hates Kaname, or has always been manipulated by him, his death would be but a relief. Especially if she is a shallow, two timing girl lol! - and this finally gives her the choice to stay with the one she loves. But she doesn't. Why? Because she feels guilty? Because she has to save big bro Kaname – that she loved even when she was a child and she KNEW he was her onii-sama? lol! Please.

@mariangie:

mariangie wrote:
    At last I get what Yuuki was looking for in the Kuran Manor. The location of the manor near the active lava place .
    [...]
    Before Yuuki make her final choice to turn Kaname human . She will expect Kaname to explain everything . So will get a flashback chapter before the end .

I will expect this, damn! I WANT THIS FLASHBACK! Who cares about Yuuki? She doesn't have to understand anything, she just have to be useful and finally save him lol!
    AND if she wants to stop him – like she never could before – she must awake her true BIG power, and I can't wait lol! (this is another common leitmotiv, too – the true power of the heroine awakening in the end – and I hope it will be directly proportional to the waiting lol!)

Seriously, how is Yuuki supposed to know that he wants to throw himself in a volcano? O_O
    This is the only thing that makes me doubt about this "location" theory. She knows he wants to make a self-sacrifice, but she can't know how – especially if we are saying that she won't be able to turn him into human, that she's not even able to erase Zero's memories properly, and that she's only a stupid PB teenager lol! so, if you think this is her chara, she can't be so sharp all at once – or is she? lol!
    Well, maybe she truly checked this location. But I keep thinking she also took something else. We shall see.

Will Zero end the story as a vampire ? Has Hino forgotten the Level E issue?
    But I don't see how Hino can ignore all that hints she gave before telling Zero could lose his humanity and become Level E .

You are right and I expect an explanation to this, too, especially when we've just suddenly seen the bracelet purpose realized lol! and as the bracelet was also connected, in the very first chapters of the first arc, to the level-Eness of Zero, and as Hino is truly closing the loopholes, I think we shall see soon, what's the consequence of Yuuki erasing his memories - if Level-E, or something else.

As for rido's nightmare: did he referred to the probable yuuki sacrifice?

If it's so – I personally find this far-fetched. As Rido talks about Yuuki being eaten – so, suffering violence – not suffering by her own will. Or maybe that was only a nightmare, without any hidden meaning... Who knows.

nina wrote:
    - Obviously this party wasn’t a dangerous trap for Kaname but for Isaya … even though as it seemed Isaya had concluded that most likely if Kaname would have showed there he would be under friendly terms and not to harm him which proved as a right conclusion. 
    - In what way Yuuki or Zero had in mind to “immobilise” Kaname in order to question him huh? 
    - What about the answers that they supposedly would seek together? 
    - What Zero’s presence contributed after all in this last journey? Apparently nothing since neither he helped to “capture” Kaname nor Yuuki’s decision changed … a decision that was made from the moment she decided to leave the academy alone in the first place anyway. 

*Groan* these are exactly the questions that filled my mind during these days. Especially Zero's role. She takes him with her only to leave him behind some days later? O_O Oh well, but there was also the fact of the bracelet lol! maybe Hino suddenly noticed to have left behind a pack of things and decided to put them all in these three chapters rofl Well, I don't want to be as much conceited as the ones who keep stating Hino simply doesn't know how to do her own work. I'm just joking here, obviously Very Happy

juliet wrote:@Duskola let's wait and see; why is Kaname bound to fulfill HW's wishes? was it because she reached her limits and went into a killing spree so that he is forced to replace her? did he know about that fact? what the HW's connection with the murder's of the purebloods? this is where the juicy part is hiding for me.

*Sigh* is truly something hiding? I'm starting to doubt it. Let's hope so.

I think the obvious explanation is that Isaya had no way to contact Kaname and one way to reach him was the party. I do not think that Kaname had wanted to contact him, i think that he turned up to see what was the call about, understanding that this was a call for something >
    After all Kaname is too proud to ask anything himself, but then again it's his plan at stake too.

Excellent possible explanation here, but please let me add that – from a purely narrative POV – all this is a bit far-fetched. Especially if you (I mean, Hino) state for the whole story that PB are like gods on earth and can do everything with their powers. And they can't even contact each other properly lol! “Please, Isaya-kun, email me at kaname.sama@kuranmanor.it , thanks”. rofl

Spoiler:

You are right here. And let us not forget the “Don't hesitate” sentence he tells to Yuuki before abandoning her. Don't hesitate to do what? To build a whole new life without him? Or to come and make something so that he can escape from his doom?
    But this truly makes sense and gives an explanation to the reason why he didn't simply throw in the first fireplace all at once! lol! And this gives me some hope, too – that despite his icy looks – I was really hurted by his eyes in this chapters, if I was in Yuuki I would simply have committed suicide throwing myself from that same window lol! - that despite all his determination, he's also waiting something. That something that made him go into slumber, that something he was waiting for. So, his decision may be not totally ultimate. Let's hope so.

Watch the panels that are in and between like interrupting the dialogue or hiding a part of it. I still want (personal choice) to have my hopes high that Isaya is talking about being the replacement of the metal >

I'm with you, Isaya's playing well his role on the chessboard and is not showing all his intents. He wants to do something for the children of his friends – both of them - and what have Juuri and Haruka sacrificed their life for? To see the two of them dying, or one of them human, without his/her own memories AND without the other one? Then why putting on their engagement? No, they wanted the two of them together – Kaname says this to Yuuki after her awakening. AND Isaya knows this very well.

BUT. I have a but. As the biggest regret of Kaname (that we know so far lol!) is someone else sacrificing at his place, wouldn't this be too cruel? I mean – if this is going to happen another time, will he be able to stand it?

I think that someone – some "deus ex machina" or such – MUST break this cycle of eternal sacrifice. Or nobody will be completely happy in the end.

As @nina says:
    Spoiler:

*Applause* AND I had thought about that, too, when I saw the volcano. I mean: either Kaname is thinking to leave this world in a very big, fetish and fireworks-y way lol! or there's much more hidden – a special spell or something – that's not simply connected with the fact that the volcano won't lose heat for more than 10000 years. I had thought something like ERASING all the PB in some way – as he's the one saying this. But as he now has stated that he only wants to become the new parent... *sigh* I will comfort myself with your wonderful fanart rofl

And you are right too. What would be, this safe place for Yuuki? Exactly the same as before? The Academy, with she-human attending it, some hunters here and there, Kaien keeping an eye on her, and suddenly some evil PB coming out of the blue, everybody perfectly knowing who she is? =.= What kind of final solution would be? And despite the fact that Kaname leaves Vampire Knight Zero with her – Zero was with her even before. So, I hope he's planning something better, as PB Yuuki is starting to show some strength at last – while human Yuuki was only a child to protect. Moreover, PB Yuuki can use weapons in their full forms – while human Yuuki couldn't. I understand that female Kuran's line has this obsession with human fashions and habits – we see this in Juuri, too.
    BUT what Juuri had in addition, was totally accepting her true nature. I would want to see this in Yuuki, too. I mean, I'm a bit tired of her duality – that is the element that takes to her confusing behaviour. The human years somehow “contaminated” her, and she's always divided – as in the Dilemma chapter – between what she was, and what she is. BUT – and this chapter explains this well – her humanity was an illusion. It's time for her to wake up from the illusion and accepting her vampire powers and instincts. Or she will never be able to be Kaname's equal, and she has never needed to be equal to him like in this moment. Yuuki, I like you, and I am confident. I'm sure you will realize that you've always been a PB before the ending. Let's go! You can do it! lol!

Plus, there is usually a change in the end of plots like this – some epiphany, some break of the cycle, like I said before. There IS a doom upon all the chara - until the end, in when the doom is broken. Has someone ever read Angel Sanctuary? Well, there is the story of two siblings falling in love, so – as this is a leitmotiv in manga while we, Western people, can't stand the taboo... lol! Well, if you read it, its ending is a perfect example of what I want to say.

(Obviously, my favourite chara dies in there, too).

A little observation that came suddenly to my mind: what about KANAME'S blood in Zero's body? This could be another shield between him and Level-E – AND if Kaname can use his own power inside Zero's body, like he showed at the HA – could he be aware of what Yuuki is doing? I mean, erasing the memories and such. Well, I dunno, but I'm glad that we're going to see what is there in that coffin, at last! lol!

juliet wrote:
    I want them all as they are; this is the only way for the co-existence to be achieved. If there was not the matter with the co-existence that Hino sets from page 1, i would say "okay", but if the balance with the weapons is achieved, then why to turn into human anyway? 

I think that Hino has stated herself that all three are necessary for the co-existence.

Co-sign! cheers

Fine of Fate wrote:
    Hmm, anyone here read Umineko no Naku Koro Ni?

Added on my list! lol! cheers
    RIchard
    Level-E
    Level-E

Post by RIchard Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:25 am

I think you guys are miss understanding yukis knowledge on kanames plans. When kaname says I will succeed you to the hooded women yuki later says
    "He said he will succeed her will"
    "So he intends to do what she couldn't" [My opinion on this is wipe out the pb's, she did a fine job on becoming a parent metal]
    "Lets give chase"
    "I don't want to see vampires go on a rampage again"
    So as you can see from that she believes he intends to kill all pbs, not become a new parent metal.
    Right now she intends to stop [not save] kaname the only way she can think of doing it, by taking away his powers meaning turning him into a human. As for why she would do this, yuki has a strong sense of justice and not only is kaname her brother but also she believes he is doing it for her sake.
    As for why she would wipe zero's memories, she knows there is no way zero would let her do this and she doesn't want to hurt him anymore then she already has.
    Right now what I can predict is limited till I learn the results of her memories wipe on zero how he reacts cause of it.
    She is not only wiping his memories but also feeding off of him, to me this is saying she is trying to get all the power she is able to before trying to stop kaname.
    It also seems she came up with the turning kaname human plan after the HA fight, so we all kinda let an option slip by us on why she might have gone to the mansion. I now believe the reason she went there was to learn the spell/ability to turn a vampire into a human.
    This is all my personal opinion that I formed by reading the story and making judgments on what I read.
    MorningStar
    MorningStar
    Human

Humor : The ironic kind.

Post by MorningStar Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:37 am

RIchard wrote:I think you guys are miss understanding yukis knowledge on kanames plans. When kaname says I will succeed you to the hooded women yuki later says
    "He said he will succeed her will"
    "So he intends to do what she couldn't" [My opinion on this is wipe out the pb's, she did a fine job on becoming a parent metal]
    "Lets give chase"
    "I don't want to see vampires go on a rampage again"
    So as you can see from that she believes he intends to kill all pbs, not become a new parent metal.
    Right now she intends to stop [not save] kaname the only way she can think of doing it, by taking away his powers meaning turning him into a human. As for why she would do this, yuki has a strong sense of justice and not only is kaname her brother but also she believes he is doing it for her sake.
    As for why she would wipe zero's memories, she knows there is no way zero would let her do this and she doesn't want to hurt him anymore then she already has.
    Right now what I can predict is limited till I learn the results of her memories wipe on zero how he reacts cause of it.
    She is not only wiping his memories but also feeding off of him, to me this is saying she is trying to get all the power she is able to before trying to stop kaname.
    It also seems she came up with the turning kaname human plan after the HA fight, so we all kinda let an option slip by us on why she might have gone to the mansion. I now believe the reason she went there was to learn the spell/ability to turn a vampire into a human.
    This is all my personal opinion that I formed by reading the story and making judgments on what I read.

This is my thought as well, Richard, I agree with you.
    Yuuki doesn't know the full extension of Kaname's plan. She knows he plans on continuing/fulfilling her wish, which is killing of PureBloods

A:"I won't be destroyed until they have been, To destroy pure bloods who draw others into the darkness."
    *Yuuki is in on this conversation.
    Kaname:"I will Succeed You so..."

It explains why Yuuki is intent on stopping him. If she knew he was becoming the parent and giving himself up for the new metal, She would be there immediately, not take a day off to resolve things with Zero. Yuuki would not want Kaname to do a suicide, and she'll think of it constantly. And been much more frantic, maybe even to the point of tears, to plead Kaname not to do it.

It wasn't until this chapter did Kaname showed his plans on becoming the new parent, We the readers found this fact predictable, it can't be said for the characters.
    It never dawned on me, she might have looked for the spell, rather i thought she might have somehow known from Juuri's actions but then my thought has some major holes as in how to activate it.

nina
    nina
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Post by nina Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:35 pm

About Yuuki not knowing that Kaname intends to become the new metal or at least that she cannot figure this out.

That could have been the case IF Yuuki didn’t know about his past BUT she knows >>

1. That he intended to become the metal 10000 years ago.
    2. She was there when the first weapons were forged … and what she instinctively tried to do? >>
    http://manga.animea.net/vampire-knight-chapter-64-page-13.html
    http://manga.animea.net/vampire-knight-chapter-64-page-14.html

>> she tried to protect/stop him.

3. Yuuki heard his conversation with the HW at the HA just before her destruction. She heard Kaname saying “I will succeed you”

4. She knows that the majority of the weapons were absorbed plus she saw that Isaya was perfectly fine after his meeting with Kaname … If Kaname wanted to kill him he had the space to do so.

So… the only that she has to do is to put things together i.e. that Kaname’s intention is to become the new metal or something similar i.e. sacrificing himself and not going in rampage.

Now if Hino wants to present Yuuki so inadequate then there ain’t much left to say.
    Duskola
    Duskola
    Level-E
    Level-E

Post by Duskola Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:58 pm

Lol my poor little Yuuki. We are all underestimating her. And I can't blame anyone, as her behaviour is getting on my nerves, too. But I can call her baka when she makes me angry – still, I've never thought she's silly, she lacks of wit, or she's not able to do anything.
    Firstly because we have plenty of heroines, in shoujo, that seems useless until the very end – they are always there to be protected, they seem clumsy and confused, and then...
    Secondly because I am attached to her, so – I can be angry or disappointed with some things that she does, but I will never state that she's a total disaster or that I dislike her. Or that she's a two timing girl! lol!.

So, what we are stating here, is that she's not capable to understand the very same things we readers have understood .

Then, let's analyze her intensions towards Kaname so far.

Let's start from the fact that she saw his memories, in which he discloses everything regarding HW's sacrifice that “he had intended to do himself” (and we still don't know why he hesitated – if he was doing further researches to do something else, or if he was waiting for the very final necessity).

Then he abandons her and proceed to kill Hanadagi, Aido-dono in front of her eyes, and Hiou. AND to injure Touma.

Furthermore, both Kaname and Sara lies to her stating that he's involved in other murders, for which he's innocent.

Despite the fact that some of this murders are made by Kaname and some not, well, he truly killed Aido-dono in front of her eyes. And she knows that he's responsible for Shizuka's death and for the Council's destruction. She's no more a baby who thinks he's Prince Charming. She knows perfectly that he's capable to kill, if it's necessary.

So, what is Yuuki reactions to the apparent random murders made by Kaname? She doesn't believe that he is a serial killer, even after Hanadagi, Aido-dono and Hiou's death, and Touma's injury:

“My reason for holding the fort is...” And he had already killed Aido-dono...

ch. 73, p. 20
    Yuuki: “What frustrates and mortifies me is how he probably doesn't care even if he were suspected by the whole world...”

p. 24
    Yuuki (thinking about Ouri's death): “I can't completely believe what that woman (Sara) said... It's not that I've seen every memory from Kaname's blood but... Ichijou-senpai doesn't seem to believe her either...”

Then, she assists to the meeting in which most of Hunters agree about this: if Kaname's aim is to exterminate all PB – then, they want to go against Kaien and let him do it.
    So, they say in front of her what Kaname's aim may be – exterminating all PB. That is coherent with what he's apparently doing so far.

ch. 75, p. 29-30-31 Yuuki listened and is already aware that Kaname's plan may be killing all purebloods.
    (p. 30) Kaito: “If Kaname Kuran kills all the purebloods, then our wish would be granted and don't you interfere...”
    (p. 31) Yuuki (answering Kaito wanting her out of the scene): “Zero... I can't promise you anything, because I have already decided that no matter what I am going to stop Kaname, but the important figures from the society wish for all the purebloods to vanish...”

That is: I already want to stop him, but you and Hunter Society seem to be against what I want – nobody else to be killed. So, she accepts that Kaname's aim may truly be to kill all PB and she has already decided to stop him no matter what.

And then Kaname himself tries to push her away – as he knows she will try and stop him (= become a hindrance):

ch. 76, p. 20
    Zero: “A message from Kuran Kaname conveyed through the Association president... Ouri and Hanadagi were killed by him and Shirabuki Sara is next...”
    Yuuki: “I've had enough of his nonsense... You'd think I'd feel that way... Thank you for the message... at least I know Kaname-sama hasn't forgotten me. Maybe I'm just a chess piece for that person... Then from now on, a chess piece will be just like a chess piece. I'll do what is expected, in the position I've been placed by Kaname's hand, I will take one step at a time, then after that I'll see him again

Well, what we see so far, is a Yuuki that is perfectly aware that Kaname is a danger for what she believes in – that is, the very same world Kaien wants to create, the utopia that there will be no more need of hunters and preys – because killing is always wrong. And she obviously wants to know her will, but even if she knew it, she would stop Kaname no matter what – as she said before – because:

Yuuki: “What is 'her will' that has compelled you to go so far to accomplish it? No matter what that would be... it's wrong... to do something like that...

Something like that is for vampires killing each other. And for purebloods resorting to violence against each other. It doesn't matter what is the aim: she doesn't want a world in which there will be death, again and again. In which there will be people enslaved by the will or the necessity to kill other living beings. Where both Vampire and Hunter Society keep being corrupted by the desire of power and the violence of their instincts.

She's Kaien's adoptive daughter after all, and she inherited the very same “crazy” ideas. Crazy, because – evil PB really do exists. How can humanity be protected, if they are free to do whatever they want? We see this perfectly when Sara starts to act – but even if she knows that Sara is evil, what does Yuuki do? She protects her – because killing is wrong. Violence takes to other violence, and so on. Yes, she's an idealist – a pacifist. But I want this to be absolutely clear, because every single words of her before HW's disappearance takes us to think that she's already understood, what both HW and Kaname's will may be – destroying all evil PB – and that she's already decided to stop Kaname no matter what – these are her words, not something we readers understood, while she couldn't lol!

Then, let's analyze the “I will succeed you” dialogue directly from ch. 85:

p. 12
    HW: “...cooling down...” (with Yuuki clearly hearing those words – last panel on the left)
    p. 13
    Yuuki: “Eh?”
    HW (talking DIRECTLY BEHIND YUUKI): “I'm cooling down... If I don't take my fragments back... If I don't take back my powers...”
    p. 15
    HW (always WITH YUUKI HEARING, right behind her – last panel on the right): “At this rate... I can't allow myself to cool down at a rate like this... Until I fulfill it...”
    p. 16
    HW: I won't be destroyed until they have been... To destroy purebloods who draw others into the darkness... That is the meaning of my existence... “
    Kaname: “You have...”
    p. 17
    Kaname: “Already done your best... Ten thousand years... is sufficient... so... rest in peace...”
    p. 18
    Kaname: “I will succeed you, so...” (notice Yuuki's face in the last panel on the right – she clearly hears this and is shocked)
    p. 19 HW seems to have perfectly understood what he intended – as she was the one who decided to die at his place 10K years ago – and make a very sad-angry face. Then disappears.

I think even an elementary school kids may have heard this conversation, especially knowing who HW is and what she did in the past, and connect the pieces together. And Hino clearly shows that Yuuki heard and understood everything. And it's true, that later, as you say, she says:

p.30
    Yuuki: “So he intends to do what she couldn't... Let's give chase... I don't want to see vampires go on a rampage again”.

Well. Who was the one going on a rampage here? Not Kaname, that was only a spectator, giving his last greeting to HW. But HW herself (we see the Hunters using the expression “going on a rampage” referred to her, basing on this scanlation – and on others). Despite the fact that she wanted to do what was best for humanity – she couldn't reach her goal. Not only because she was cooling down, but because anti-vampires weapons always depend on the nature of who waves them: they are object without a soul, as Kaname himself says in his memories.

And then, well. She sacrificed to create WEAPONS TO KILL VAMPIRES – what the hell might her will be? lol! Yuuki may be stupid as you say, still she can't simply ignore what she's seen everyday from the beginning – that anti-vampires weapons are made to kill and destroy vampires.

So, let's recollect the pieces:

Yuuki saw Kaname's memories and is perfectly aware about what he had always wanted to do, and that HW did at his place.
    Yuuki knows that both Kaname and HW's aim is destroying evil vampires – not killing indiscriminately like most Hunters want, but to purge evil from the world. She is not with them – as she wants nobody to be killed and still hopes there is a way for peaceful cohexistence (like Kaien). So, before HW's disappearance, she has already decided to stop Kaname no matter what.
    She saw HW and knew “her will” from her own voice – no news for her. Then, what changes since that very episode?

Plus, after Hiou, Kaname doesn't seem to kill anyone else. He would want to kill Sara, too, but he can't. He stops since before HW episode – and HW is the one killing Sara. After HW episode, he simply disappears, suggesting he is preparing something else.

If he truly wants to kill all PB while still being alive and intact, he could have simply sistematically done it from the beginning – and even more after HW's disappearance, if this was the meaning of succeeding – killing them one by one, as he seems to do at first. But, as Isaya correctly says in ch. 88, the purebloods left are too many for Kaname to kill them all on his own. Still, the very fact that he, the dangerous killer, is not killing so many people as expected – and that, in ch. 88, he doesn't kill even Isaya (and Yuuki sees the scene) – well. We are doing Yuuki a grieve wrong if we simply state that he's not understanding anything that is happening since ch. 64.

And as @nina says,

Now if Hino wants to present Yuuki so inadequate then there ain’t much left to say

and I'm with her.
    Still, for now, and with all these elements, I don't want to believe that Hino simply wants to tell the story of a dumb heroine that goes here and there without knowing what she's really doing.

Plus, Sara herself calls Yuuki “salvation” for Kaname – and the theme of Yuuki as salvation for both guys is repeated multiple times during the plot - what I have to think after reading this, is that Yuuki wants truly to stop Kaname, as you say – stopping because of her utopia, AND save him because she loves him – the two things are strictly connected, why should they exclude each other? lol!

BUT we will soon have some hints about Yuuki cleverness.

Because the key to know if she understood, is seeing where she goes now – her direction.

If she truly understood Kaname's aim, she will directly go to the volcano (yes, I changed my mind lol!). Because HW failed in cooling down too soon – then, if Kaname wants to succeed in what she failed, as some correctly said before – he must do something so that the new weapons will never cool down. And what a better way to do this but in a volcano?

Well, a bit far-fetched – but if Hino wants to finish the story with a small bunch of other chapters, she must have Yuuki go directly to the volcanoand there are not many other options than make her understand what Kaname wants to do.

Another fact that leads me to think she aims for Kaname's salvation, is that Kaname disclosed to her – just before HW episode - that Zero is his perfect weapon to purge all purebloods. This keeps me thinking: “Then, what is Zero's true role in Kaname's plan?” Because if Kaname simply sacrifices himself to create new weapons like HW did, he would have the whole Hunter Society – created by HW herself – to wield those weapons. Yes, he could think to let Zero behind so that he can protect human Yuuki – then why the mention to “all purebloods being massacred by him with no liberation until death”?
    Still, Yuuki heard all this. So, if she wants simply to stop and damage Kaname's plan. Zero is exactly where to start lol! and he's exactly in front of her now. What about humanizing him and not Kaname? Or making him something so that he can both being liberated by his curse – and free from the role Kaname built for him?

But, no – she simply erases his memories and runs to stop/save Kaname. Oh, yes, because he's the villain and she's compelled, giving up her beloved one. Wonderful.

Some other notes:

Takuma's role in the end: as he “will see with his own eyes”, like Sara says, I'm more and more convinced that he will play some important part – and, because of her love for Sara, he won't probably do what Kaname expects.
    @mariangie: I finally found the panel with the resin rose vial lol! I couldn't understand your question at first because I hadn't noticed – and now O____O it will be interesting to know what he intends to do with it – especially because we've seen the vial strictly connected with Yuuki vampire self.

@mariangie again: please don't misunderstand, when I wrote this:

Spoiler:

I was obviously not referring to you, but to all those who states that Yuuki is both clever (by searching Kuran's mansions locations) and stupid (oh, but she didn't understood anything – she won't be capable to do anything) at the same time, according to what's more convenient.

Another mistake I did:

Spoiler:

I was talking about the vampire lady who states that Kaname killed her husband (and that Kaname killed Yuuki's younger brother? O_o). I thought she could be Hiou's wife because I have seen a lady here. But she seems to be simply (and finally lol!) Aido-dono's wife.

About the cover:
    http://manga.animea.net/vampire-knight-chapter-88-page-1.html
    Please notice that there is a very similar image in the Artbook:
    http://kisuki.net/artbooks/hino-matsuri-illustrations-vampire-knight/item49
    That Hino drew because “It was time”. Then, again, it's not out of the blue but strictly connected with some concepts Hino has been thinking about for long.

And now I thought about this: if the only thing that kept Zero from indiscriminately kill ALL PB was Yuuki's human memory – the so called “dead girl” for him... how romantic =_= - Then. IF he's the weapong to massacre ALL evil PB and he's probably been liberated from his memories. Would he simply see before him the PB Yuuki and proceed to try and kill her with the rest, due to his “hate with no liberation until death”? Or will he try before – and then finally be able to accept her nature (after 88 chapters of supposed “love” for an illusion/shadow of her? lol!). We shall see.
    RIchard
    Level-E
    Level-E

Post by RIchard Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:26 pm

If yuiki believed kaname was not after pb's but on a quest to turn him self into the parent metal then the mascaraed would make no sense. The mascaraed is using pb and noble vampires as bait to lure kaname and making it easy to sneak in. If yuki believed kaname was going to make him self into a new parent there is no way she would spend the night dancing with isaya and zero.

I am also starting to question if kaname was telling the truth about becoming the parent, all it would do is put things back at how they were before which kaname obviously didn't think was good enough. This might be a trick by hino to throw us off the track of kaname true objectives.

So lets look at this from this point, yuki decides she wants to turn kaname human, she then goes to the house where her mother turned her human. After leaving there she went to isaya who's wife turned there child human. [Note the the mascaraed was already planned by the time she got there and she was given an invitation]

Now lets look at kanames actions, he sends a familiar to isayas place with the kid pb inside, then he dissolves it leaving the wounded pb with cross. Cross takes him to the HA. Then kaname attacks the school saying he there to kill sara, however he is easily driven off by yuki and zero. As a result sara is brought to the HA. Then yuki and zero go there to protect sara, seeing a pattern here? When kaname comes we have 4. Now this is the part that makes it clear he is not there to kill sara, instead of being stealthy he is load and showy making as big of a scene as he can letting every hunter there know that he is there. I think it was kanames goal to agitate the parent and get her to leave the furnace and reclaim her fragments, the only things that can kill yuki when kaname is gone. I also believe that in this case kaname was being a salvation for the hw releasing her from her suffering.

So his meeting with isaya now, 1 him getting isaya to agree to turn yuki human when the time comes, 2 he gets isaya to back off from openly going after him by saying he is going to become a new parent metal.
    So end games now. I have 1 but it is really far fetched and I highly doubt it would happen.
    Isaya turns yuki human and kaname does 2 things, 1 he throws his heart into the volcano turning it into a new parent metal furnace as juliet suggested. 2 now on how he intends to use it, he makes the volcano explode with the last bit of his life force spreading ash that is infused with the anti vampire element from the weapons. This ash thing gets inhaled by vampires and saturates into the water supply.

If it ends like that then kanames becoming the new parent is a truth in a lie. I know it is far fetched but what you guys think?
    Fine of Fate
    Fine of Fate
    Level-E
    Level-E

Humor : Irony: There is nothing better than poetic justice!

Post by Fine of Fate Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:23 pm

Hmm, that isn't too bad cheers Sounds plausible, even if I'd rather they made it at least a bit more dramatic.
    But what about Zerorin? Vampire Knight 88 FULL RAWS AND TRANSLATION - Page 3 1098764838 While Yuuki is doing something to him now, I doubt it's the last we'll hear from him. I won't be pleased with the end if it doesen't feature the three of them! Vampire Knight 88 FULL RAWS AND TRANSLATION - Page 3 4155267722
    juliet
    juliet
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Post by juliet Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:42 pm

Does she intend to stop Kaname or save him? my feeling is that we are playing with words here: let's look at a fact where you can not play with words and you can not overlook: in Yuuki's mind..

She intends to sacrifice herself , She intends to kill herself , To give her life > in exchange she sees a Kaname alive .

She gives her life for him to live that's the final act, the final sacrifice > nothing to question, nothing to doubt...

If yuiki believed kaname was not after pb's but on a quest to turn him self into the parent metal then the mascaraed would make no sense.

And If Kaname had the intention to kill all purebloods, then the awakening of the ancestor would also have no sense, as it would add nothing to the notion that we had so far. Instead it shares a new perspective;

http://manga.animea.net/vampire-knight-chapter-85-page-16.html

"It won't be destroyed until they have been..."

http://manga.animea.net/vampire-knight-chapter-85-page-15.html

So the mother metal is a living threat, a threat that Kaname postpones with his decision and his promise; http://manga.animea.net/vampire-knight-chapter-85-page-18.html

that's the new perspective and Yuuki is a witness when he takes in charge of HW's frustration in order to postpone the killings.

That's the new parameter added in there, we can not just close our eyes and suspect that she did not understand. Did we? why not Yuuki? are we going to make her incapable to understand what she saw and hear and overlook a promise that saved the day?

Yuuki has every right to want to confirm what she heard from Kaname's mouth;

and who can say that Isaya's trap was not for that sake; to seek exactly Kaname's intentions so that Isaya can also know in what way he can be of any help to Kaname's plan and Yuuki to know what there is to do in the continuation?

Yuuki did not take that decision over night, she is following Kaname ever since he departed from Kuran mansion? did she do that over an obligation to save the world or to stop the killings that had never happened?

it's obvious that her feelings and her decisions are escalating the same way that the scrips does.

Meanwhile her attitude with Kaname is always the same; what i would better question is her attitude with Zero because she choses to erase his memories and set him free (well, that might be a new starting point for him where Maria's request to Yuuki finally can become true - Yuuki does not need Zero anymore, he is a burden to her way anymore) and Zero better find a way of his own to seek questions about his familly, as Yuuki has her own aims set.

Bitter but true, there are more in risk than Zero's self-interrogation.

RIchard
    Level-E
    Level-E

Post by RIchard Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:09 pm

juliet wrote:And If Kaname had the intention to kill all purebloods, then the awakening of the ancestor would also have no sense, as it would add nothing to the notion that we had so far. Instead it shares a new perspective;
    This was never about what kanames actual decisions was but what yuki believes they are.
    Kaname says he is going to be the new parent metal, however yuki has never mentioned anything about knowing this and also none of us knew/said anything about it till this chapter. The point I was trying to make there was only that yuki believed kaname intended to hunt down pb's, not become a new parent metal.

As for the save/stop thing it is obvious we are all bias on this. The thoughts you posted of yukis only apply if you believe she is doing intending to save him. You say she sees a kaname alive and she gives her life for him. However in my point of view yuki see's kaname no longer able to kill and gives her life cause of him. This will always come down to point of view and we got different points of view on the matter.
    My point of view we have a heroine risking/giving her life to stop the villain from killing people.
    Your point of view a heroine sacrificing her life to stop the tainted hero from killing him self?

It looks like we need to wait till January and she if she actually knows about kanames plan to become the new parent.
    juliet
    juliet
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Post by juliet Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:37 pm

This was never about what kanames actual decisions was but what yuki believes they are.

Yes, and on that i tell you that HW's awakening had an immediate effect on Kaname's decision but also on what Yuuki believes. It is a fact, you can not skip it...what happened there changed all of us perspective about Kaname's intentions and was confirmed on this chapter. Yuuki wished for this ball as much as Isaya, who says that she does not know his full intentions before and even more now?

I do not see the need to doubt Yuuki's comprehension abilities or mental stability or to downgrade her intelligence;

was she at the HA? yes..

did she see with her own eyes Kaname postponing the murder of the purebloods saying that he shall replace HW?
    HW told even to Yuuki that she can not leave until she accomplishes her goal, aka Kaname suggests that he shall replace her; Doesn't that mean that he is taken the rensponsibity on his shoulders, HW can leave without finishing her objectives...yes or no?

Where is the complexity that should be so hard to be understood by Yuuki?

If the point was to kill them all nothing of the above is needed neither the ball (the ball confirms Kaname's intention to sacrifice and Yuuki wished for the ball as much as Isaya).

Duskola
    Duskola
    Level-E
    Level-E

Post by Duskola Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:07 pm

About the volcano explosion and such:

We stated this hypothesis multiple times in this very topic and elsewhere, that Kaname may want to do more with the volcano than what he says - that is to become the new parent. He surely wants some final solution that puts and end to evil PB AND succeed where HW failed (that is, making something ultimate - AND a safe place to live for Yuuki). But this doesn't mean evil villain dirty Kaname is lying again – he's only hiding a part of his plan, that is more than natural for a successful strategy.

About save/stop and such:

juliet wrote:She intends to sacrifice herself , She intends to kill herself , To give her life > in exchange she sees a Kaname alive .

She gives her life for him to live that's the final act, the final sacrifice > nothing to question, nothing to doubt...

[...]
    I do not see the need to doubt Yuuki's comprehension abilities or mental stability or to downgrade her intelligence;

[...]

*Applause* And:

and who can say that Isaya's trap was not for that sake; to seek exactly Kaname's intentions so that Isaya can also know in what way he can be of any help to Kaname's plan and Yuuki to know what there is to do in the continuation?

Well, that's exactly what happens in the chapter... it's no more a matter of "who can say". The trap is dangerous for Isaya because he doesn't have a confirmation of Kaname's true intentions yet. But now he has. It's what's written - and what I have read lol!. And even if Yuuki can't hear what they said, he saw with her own eyes that Kaname didn't kill Isaya but talked with him about something.

Oh, well, but I wrote in my previous post a lot of quotes from the manga itself. I hope that who's really interested on the matter took the time to read them all! lol! That's what's plainly written. And as we can discuss 'til next morning and we'll always stay on our position without being able to find some commont points... I think that I wrote more than enough about it lol!

Next issue is in March, not in January - am I right o have I misunderstood the final panel?
    RIchard
    Level-E
    Level-E

Post by RIchard Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:27 pm

The issues don't come out on time, this one 88, I believe is the December issue, the March issue is the start of the new arch. so the one that comes out in February.

Edit ok the march issue is being released on January 24th, so it is the common 2 month thing with the calenders so it mean that 88 was Januarys.
    juliet
    juliet
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Post by juliet Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:36 pm

Duskola wrote:About the volcano explosion and such:

We stated this hypothesis multiple times in this very topic and elsewhere, that Kaname may want to do more with the volcano than what he says - that is to become the new parent. He surely wants some final solution that puts and end to evil PB AND succeed where HW failed (that is, making something ultimate - AND a safe place to live for Yuuki). But this doesn't mean evil villain dirty Kaname is lying again – he's only hiding a part of his plan, that is more than natural for a successful strategy.

About save/stop and such:

juliet wrote:She intends to sacrifice herself , She intends to kill herself , To give her life > in exchange she sees a Kaname alive .

[...]

[...]

*Applause* And:

Well, that's exactly what happens in the chapter... it's no more a matter of "who can say". The trap is dangerous for Isaya because he doesn't have a confirmation of Kaname's true intentions yet. But now he has. It's what's written - and what I have read lol!. And even if Yuuki can't hear what they said, he saw with her own eyes that Kaname didn't kill Isaya but talked with him about something.

Oh, well, but I wrote in my previous post a lot of quotes from the manga itself. I hope that who's really interested on the matter took the time to read them all! lol! That's what's plainly written. And as we can discuss 'til next morning and we'll always stay on our position without being able to find some commont points... I think that I wrote more than enough about it lol!

Next issue is in March, not in January - am I right o have I misunderstood the final panel?

tell me about it...

Kaname stopped HW from killing them, he gave his word to replace her and did not hurt Isaya

1+1= ?
    how much more evident should Hino show it or demonstrate it?

if Yuuki's intelligence is below zero (haha good one I am sorry just an expression) what should i say?
    how much of a difference shall it make?

LOL does it really count after all?
    ...even if she misses this fact, she is going to learn that Kaname's intention is to sacrifice himself so that at least she can be happy...(also with the intention to save the rest of purebloods - otherwise why to go now to the HA, he could kill them all and then return to HA to awake HW, take her place and make sure that Yuuki would be safe, but that's not what he did...)

Or else how to justify what happened so far and Kaname's visit to the HA? it has no meaning at all.
    Kaname could continue his murders and Zero and Yuuki could chase shadows...

Edit ok the march issue is being released on January 24th, so it is the common 2 month thing with the calenders so it mean that 88 was Januarys.

that's what i thought also, they have a thing with the issues in Japan and make them like two months ahead; so yes, January, despite what they want to believe, LOL...
    RIchard
    Level-E
    Level-E

Post by RIchard Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:41 pm

Japans, china's, and other nearby country's are 2 months ahead on there calender compared to the rest of us. That's why there new year falls in march. It is also why when you try to find out your Chinese zodiac you have to take your b-day 2 months back to get it right.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 6:40 pm