Vampire Knight & Manga Forum

In order to fully enjoy the board and it's function, you can always log in or sign up to an account. Thank you...

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

In order to fully enjoy the board and it's function, you can always log in or sign up to an account. Thank you...

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Α forum dedicated to Hino's Matsuri best-seller manga Vampire Knight and the manga we love

Gallery

Vampire Knight chapter 79 Full Raws and first translation - Page 2 Empty

Latest topics

» Do you trust Hino?
Vampire Knight chapter 79 Full Raws and first translation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2022 12:37 am by juliet

» Our Kaname is here!! Vampire Knight memories chapter 38
Vampire Knight chapter 79 Full Raws and first translation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2022 12:35 am by juliet

» Vampire knight Memories 38
Vampire Knight chapter 79 Full Raws and first translation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2022 4:18 am by juliet

» Where to Find Vampire Knight Memories Translation
Vampire Knight chapter 79 Full Raws and first translation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2022 1:29 am by juliet

» The Final Countdown
Vampire Knight chapter 79 Full Raws and first translation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2022 11:43 pm by juliet

» New VK Chapter is HERE!
Vampire Knight chapter 79 Full Raws and first translation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 11, 2017 7:42 am by lililovelilica

» Links for Other Vampire Knight Forums and Sites that you like and enjoy!!
Vampire Knight chapter 79 Full Raws and first translation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2016 7:25 pm by Saphira_K

» VK Memories CH 6!
Vampire Knight chapter 79 Full Raws and first translation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2016 6:13 pm by Saphira_K

» VK Memories
Vampire Knight chapter 79 Full Raws and first translation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2016 5:59 pm by Saphira_K

» New VK Chapter SPOILERS!
Vampire Knight chapter 79 Full Raws and first translation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2016 5:47 pm by Saphira_K

» New VK Bonus Ch!!
Vampire Knight chapter 79 Full Raws and first translation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2015 12:53 am by Saphira_K

» Translation of 'Fleeting Dreams'
Vampire Knight chapter 79 Full Raws and first translation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2015 2:20 am by Saphira_K

» Bunko Editions
Vampire Knight chapter 79 Full Raws and first translation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2015 2:18 am by Saphira_K

» New Vampire knight Extra
Vampire Knight chapter 79 Full Raws and first translation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2015 2:15 am by Saphira_K

» The Musical (Original and Revive)
Vampire Knight chapter 79 Full Raws and first translation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2015 2:40 am by Dreamiel

» NEW CHAPTER IN 2015?
Vampire Knight chapter 79 Full Raws and first translation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2015 12:16 am by Unknown00

» Newbie in the forum...
Vampire Knight chapter 79 Full Raws and first translation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2015 7:13 pm by aisan4494

» Who do you think Yuki loves more: Kaname or Zero?
Vampire Knight chapter 79 Full Raws and first translation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2015 7:09 pm by aisan4494

» Zeki or Yume?
Vampire Knight chapter 79 Full Raws and first translation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2015 7:04 pm by aisan4494

» So What will happen of Kaname?
Vampire Knight chapter 79 Full Raws and first translation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2015 6:25 pm by matei alina

We and the Youtube

Poll

would you like to read a sequel of vk?or is hino thinking of writing one?
Vampire Knight chapter 79 Full Raws and first translation - Page 2 Bar_left59%Vampire Knight chapter 79 Full Raws and first translation - Page 2 Bar_right 59% [ 24 ]
Vampire Knight chapter 79 Full Raws and first translation - Page 2 Bar_left27%Vampire Knight chapter 79 Full Raws and first translation - Page 2 Bar_right 27% [ 11 ]
Vampire Knight chapter 79 Full Raws and first translation - Page 2 Bar_left15%Vampire Knight chapter 79 Full Raws and first translation - Page 2 Bar_right 15% [ 6 ]

Total Votes : 41

Friends

Terry Candy

+21
Katherine
KuranPrince
andy-san
Meleas
mariangie
Divine Rose
lililovelilica
iiXerxes
Maeko
Evil in love
Knightmare
Bloodredhead
rosaever
ariel
Arnien
aya-chan
Rikana-hime
libra
nina
SassyKnight
juliet
25 posters

Vampire Knight chapter 79 Full Raws and first translation

juliet
    juliet
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Humor : Anytime...
    Warning ZoneVampire Knight chapter 79 Full Raws and first translation - Page 2 Dropsoa

Vampire Knight chapter 79 Full Raws and first translation - Page 2 Empty Vampire Knight chapter 79 Full Raws and first translation

Post by juliet Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:39 pm

First topic message reminder :

Thanks to the LJ community and Arinicole for notifying about the release of the vampire knight 79 full raws
    Link for the lJ: http://vampire-knight.livejournal.com/979631.html#comments

direct link HERE

and many thanks also to senbyafanatic that made a first translation for all of us to enjoy:

http://vampire-knight.livejournal.com/979917.html#cutid1 thank you..

Last edited by juliet on Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

Knightmare
    Common Vampire
    Common Vampire

Vampire Knight chapter 79 Full Raws and first translation - Page 2 Empty Re: Vampire Knight chapter 79 Full Raws and first translation

Post by Knightmare Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:32 pm

nina wrote:What I can’t understand (among plenty lol) is Sara’s apathy! She is sitting so calmly there, while Kaname is next to her supposedly to kill her?! Shocked

What’s going on? Does she have a death wish or what? She is betting on what?
    She’ll use Takuma as her shield? scratch

And Kaname if he truly wants to annihilate all the PBs, why he chose to kill Sara now? Why he didn’t proceed with his “plan” and let Sara for the end? Who would have stopped him anyway?
    Yuuki as we saw is “caged” at the academy … Sara had no reason to harm Yuuki as long as Kaname was away killing PBs … the hunters had no intention to stop him? So why now? Not to mention that what triggered Sara to disclose his “sin” to Zero was his own message that Sara is his next target!

Furthermore … what’s the purpose of Kain and Ruka’s presence there? They stopped by for a cup of tea? Haha …

So what the heck? Vampire Knight chapter 79 Full Raws and first translation - Page 2 1098764838

lol, yeah, well, I think purebloods have an immortal mentality, they don't fear death even at their doorstep, they'll keep laughing right until the last blow. I think its inbred into them that they can't be killed. Shizuka and rido both had a lack of reaction to dying when they were being killed.

its likely sara think she has more words/revelations that will halt kaname. but it doesn't surprise me that he moves to kill her now, she's lost her usefulness, she stopped killing pbs.

I do think kaname wants to kill all the purebloods. in the plan of kaname turning yuuki human again, having no more purebloods is the only way to ensure she will stay human.

as to not killing touma, kaname already explained it, he was demonstrating his resolve to kaien. kaien could have easily killed touma and I think its still his plan to provoke zero to kill the pbs. kaname didn't seem to have planned to do all the killing himself. i still think he can't use that anti-vampire sword with ease.

i think kaname is lying about the shizuka plan, while i think he's telling the truth about letting her free and wanting the twins to hate pbs to kill them, I don't believe he set shizuka free with that intention. i think its convenient now to string those two things together and have zero believe it, just so he still wants to kill all the pbs.
    nina
    nina
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Humor : Black sarcasm
    Warning ZoneVampire Knight chapter 79 Full Raws and first translation - Page 2 Dropsoa

Vampire Knight chapter 79 Full Raws and first translation - Page 2 Empty Re: Vampire Knight chapter 79 Full Raws and first translation

Post by nina Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:40 pm

I’ve been thinking … is it possible that the scene with Kaname, Yuuki and Zero taking place synchronously with the scene between Kaname, Takuma and Sara?

Anyway …

Juliet wrote:
    Kaname: I did what I did so that Shizuka could have her revenge …no…so that I could have her attack a certain hunter couple.

Correct...also if I remember correctly Shizuka had escaped with her lover > thus he was alive...(i hope that we can find the manga pages) and then it was ordered from the council to kill him.

From the bonus chapter volume 8 :
    Shizuka to Ichirou: “He came with me (means her ex-human lover) when I proposed we run away together … but after that … what was waiting for him was…” (means his murder)

So apparently Shizuka escaped with her lover prior the Kiryus kill her lover … so how he released her in order for her to attack the Kiryuus?

there is more...mention that at the first part of Kaname's excuse, Kaname states what we were assuming long before the release of the chapter that it could have been the main reason of Kaname releasing Shizuka; because she was heavily manipulated by the council and Asato and was fed humans as prays to her fangs.

Then suddenly Kaname corrects himself "no..." and then he confirms what Sara probably said to Zero; that Kaname's target had been his family.

Also its very hard to believe that Kaname from a pureblood has been transformed to a prophet and he knows everything from the first to the last move that Shizuka could ever do...

I think that his lie there its evident...

I agree … seems like the reason of why Kaname helped Shizuka to escape is something else … so maybe this part of the story is twisted in order for Zero to seek for revenge towards Kaname hence to be a shield for Sara. Kaname on the other hand is playing along with that cuz he wants to push Yuuki away.

I have the same feeling with Juliet here … the real reason of why Kaname freed Shizuka and her lover might be something that it had to do with what the senate was doing or planning to do with Shizuka. If so then Kaname maybe was trying to stop Asato’s and maybe Rido’s plans to use Shizuka as a tool. Hence his reference that he freed her so that Shizuka could have her revenge … it might be partially true, but a revenge which would have been targeting the senate and Rido not the Kiryuus.
    That would make more sense at least with the time line of the events.

but what i really wanna know, is why sara smelt the pureblood's blood on kaname and yuuki /zero didn't notice. maybe she's just projecting lol.

The answer in that I think it is given from Yuuki in the beginning of the chapter. She realizes that Kaname in front of her is actually an “alter-ego” of him because she couldn’t sense his heartbeat. So in this sense she couldn’t smell him as well.
    This also explains why Yuuki this time couldn’t sense him before sees him.

Takuma: Yuuki said that she believed in you. It’s because you were the one who did all this, so there must be a reason behind your actions, right? If that’s the case, it’s not too late even now. Why don’t you just take her and disappear to some faraway place?

He better have a reasoning there and Takuma here takes his side because he also believes in a reasoning that could justify Kaname's actions at the end, so he suggest him to disappear.

I agree again … that line caught my attention too. Even Takuma assumes that must be there a reason of why he is trying so hard –without success as we saw -to push Yuuki away.
    And even if Kaname wants to kill all the PBs … what is stopping him from doing it and then return to take Yuuki away? Who is gonna stop him anyway and what’s the reason to break her heart and trust in him?

Cuz I’m thinking … if we assume that he is doing all that in order Yuuki not want to follow him cuz she loves him … it doesn’t make sense cuz even an heartbroken Yuuki still will want to stop him from killing all the PBs no?
    So I can’t find the connection between his supposedly plan to annihilate all the PBs with his efforts to crash Yuuki’s feelings for him lol.

@ Bloodredhead *hugs back*

I agree with you cheers and especially with that part >>

Bloodredhead wrote: I felt very sorry for Zero this chapter. Emtionally he's going through such a tough time and my heart bleeds for him, but i think he needs to take a deep breath and think before he takes any action or another move. For his sake really otherwise i fear he'd run straight into something and get hurt.

In regard to the hug Yuuki's reaction lacked much to me. All i got was she felt some sympathy for him, and not giving a hug back when a guys pretty upset holding you makes me wonder where her thoughts really were. She seemed upset for Zero but also over other things too, we'll probably get more reaction from her next chapter on all of this.

juliet
    juliet
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Post by juliet Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:13 am

i think kaname is lying about the shizuka plan, while i think he's telling the truth about letting her free and wanting the twins to hate pbs to kill them, I don't believe he set shizuka free with that intention. i think its convenient now to string those two things together and have zero believe it, just so he still wants to kill all the pbs.

if you just look at it from a different direction they are all claiming that they waited for the other to do it, which is a bit funny;
    Kaname expected Sara (that’s what he said), who had not a hunter’s hand and expects Zero who always waited for a legal excuse and now also expected Kaname to do it…

Plus even if Sara and kaname confirm these lies to take use of his feelings, these feelings actually concern mostly Kaname now, as we saw Zero considers Sara useful enough to be protected and the rest of the purebloods have done nothing yet, they are more the prays than the hunters. So I do not get it…

From the bonus chapter volume 8 :
    Shizuka to Ichirou: “He came with me (means her ex-human lover) when I proposed we run away together … but after that … what was waiting for him was…” (means his murder)

So apparently Shizuka escaped with her lover prior the Kiryus kill her lover … so how he released her in order for her to attack the Kiryuus?

Thank you Nina, thank so much for taking the time to find it, that's what i was remembering and perhaps other readers here . Shizuka had her time with her love after her liberation from the council - he was alive > he was not dead. So what revenge Shizuka to take and for what reason, for a crime that had not been committed yet?

thus in Kaname's phrase where he says that he did it in order for Shizuka to take her revenge (which he corrected later), the lie is evident; there is no way that Shizuka could demand revenge over a crime that had not been committed. So either he stated that wrong and realized that he is giving himself away (and changes it) OR Shizuka's revenge was about the council and the way they were manipulated her, holding her imprisoned ever since she was a baby...he stated the true reason but the time gap also betrayed him and Kaname hurried to correct his mistake.

So Kaname may have verified Sara's words but Hino has left the window open for his innocence to shine through later. That's a great relief there, he can change Yuuki's mind about him temporarily but he can not change the history of the events that shall also make Zero to think a bit (hopefully) in the future about the sobriety of Sara's words. Many things did not blend together all along....

I’ve been thinking … is it possible that the scene with Kaname, Yuuki and Zero taking place synchronously with the scene between Kaname, Takuma and Sara?

Perhaps, if his alter ego was with Yuuki and his real self was with Sara perhaps that can also explain as you mentioned why Sara could smell the scent of blood whereas Yuuki no (along with not be able to listen to the beating of his heart).

If he's there to kill her as he previously said why's she so calm and why is he not making his move. Why talk about plans if your there to kill her? I may be missing something here but i can't help finding it a tad odd for one.

It really makes me wonder too...because all of this intention to kill the purebloods - i think that we all provided adequate answers how it lacks any logic and why couldn't he just do it without using all of this show...

but to your question that also impressed me; he speaks of his plan to kill all purebloods why?

then i thought that there is one more listener there, Takuma and Takuma shall be freed soon enough from Sara (it seems so especially if Kaname wants her dead now and the NC are there to get him). So he would not mention the reality of his plans even to him, right? because that would reach Yuuki at some point, and he does not want that.

On the other hand, Takuma's faith that there must be a reason for doing all of these and his trust also suggest that even if Kaname wants to kill all purebloods (and uses Takuma here to verify his plan once more), there are underlying reasons that the script has not supplied yet.

At least i hope, otherwise the events do not make sense.

Cuz I’m thinking … if we assume that he is doing all that in order Yuuki not want to follow him cuz she loves him … it doesn’t make sense cuz even an heartbroken Yuuki still will want to stop him from killing all the PBs no?
    So I can’t find the connection between his supposedly plan to annihilate all the PBs with his efforts to crash Yuuki’s feelings for him lol.

Well there is an answer to that and this answer is that he might be planning to sacrifice himself at the end (for whatever reason) so he does not care anymore about himself...and wants to detach Yuuki from himself in a mild way, so that he does not literally shatters her at the end. However if this is his plan, still is not turning out to be a successful one, no matter the effort that he puts, Yuuki has fallen for him so hard that nothing persuades her.

Its a sad realization that kaname does not seem to count his life (therefore he neither cares of how much of a sinner he can become) but on the other hand isn't that a challenge there for Yuuki to retrieve him and establish balance? so its a half/half situation because a great twist there can be expected at the end. We know that only Yuuki can restore him (no matter his plans).

And Kain and Ruka, perhaps they are there to protect (perhaps) the NC and the DC in case anything goes wrong. Last time that Kaname had visited Isaya and was expecting a confrontation with Kaien, he had asked from Ruka to secure humans. So now that the next chapter previews Kaname Vs Sara, my mind goes there...that they are there just in case as a safety net.

Last edited by juliet on Sun Jan 22, 2012 2:22 am; edited 2 times in total
    lililovelilica
    lililovelilica
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Humor : Waiting for Kaname

Post by lililovelilica Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:24 am

Thanks for the Chapter
    but i felt sad about Kaname not wanting Yuuki anymore
    Kaname What the hell are you thinking?
    and why the sad face?
    why saying everything just now?
    are you making at last the check mate?
    i want some answersT.T
    Divine Rose
    Divine Rose
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Humor : Mwa hahahahahahaha...

Post by Divine Rose Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:11 am

Vampire Knight chapter 79 Full Raws and first translation - Page 2 1927775417 Finally, it's here! cheers cheers cheers cheers
    mariangie
    mariangie
    Pureblood Vampire
    Pureblood Vampire

Humor : Mad Doctor

Post by mariangie Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:13 am

A bunch of random stuff here :

lililovelilica wrote:Thanks for the Chapter
    but i felt sad about Kaname not wanting Yuuki anymore
    Kaname What the hell are you thinking?
    and why the sad face?
    why saying everything just now?
    are you making at last the check mate?
    i want some answersT.T

If you read the translation , summaries available or the last few chapters so far ; you will notice Kaname is lying to Yuuki about a lot of things . The most obvious one is about his feelings about Yuuki . Kaname did love Yuuki more than anything . Whatever he is planning has as reason to protect her . As he said during the last part of the first arc this was his time to protect her . Kaname is lying to Yuuki. This explain why he is so unhappy .

Kaname and Yuuki conflict now is related to the fear of Kaname to harm her . He feels he needs to keep Yuuki as far from his as he can . Remember Kaname's nightmare ? I think it was more of a premonition of Kaname's about Yuuki's death by Rido to regain his body back . If this is true , the problem are that Kaname is bond to Rido and Rido is just a bunch of blood cells . For Rido to regenerate himself , he needs a lot of blood ; Kuran if possible . But he could not use Kaname because he needs a ton of blood . Rido can't kill Kaname or he would die with him . Yuuki is the best option here . Kaname is in fear Rido use his bond to him to kill Yuuki . So his best bet is to keep Yuuki as far as he can .

About the time frame of the chapter :

It's very possible all scenes happening at this chapters are simultaneous . Or at least in a very short time frame .

How bad I was wrong about the twins curse . sSc_hidingsofa sSic_cold rofl rofl rofl rofl

At least what we said here about Kaname being the one who free Shizuka was true . Vampire Knight chapter 79 Full Raws and first translation - Page 2 3161994949 cheers

As some of you commented in the past few hours , Kaname did confirm Zero he freed Shizuka . The thing here it appear to be the thing I said before . What Zero hear was a half true / half lie . Sara just say only part of the information and Zero assumed the rest . Or Sara added more information to the truth. I think when Kaname said :

Kaname: I did what I did so that Shizuka could have her revenge…no…so that I could have her attack a certain hunter couple.

Kaname did started with the truth . After he noticed he needs to get Zero and Yuuki madder about himself . He added the part that he planned to Zero's parents to be killed .

A problem here is in reality the time frame of the events prior to Shizuka . For Kaname discovering about Shizuka encaged was easy . Hearing about her getting a human lover could happen as a gossip in the Ichiru mansion . Kaname could send Seiren to open Shizuka's cage . But if Kaname indeed planned to turn Zero a vampire . He has to force to put Shizuka's lover in the hunter's list . When he has no position of power in the Vampire Senate . The only hunter who was his friend was Kaien ( making him his acomplish ) . Who was no more the hunter's president . So if Kaname wanted for Shizuka to have her revenge . He needed to frame Shizuka's lover before liberating her . Not impossible , but a little weird in the order of events.

I did think Kaname was the one who make Zero to live with Kaien / Yuuki and gave Zero Bloody Rose .

A curious thing I noticed :

When Zero tried to shot Bloody Rose at this chapter . Zero lost control against Bloody Rose . Only for a little while . As Yuuki could return him to his senses . But more and more Zero is shown losing control of himself . If he lost control forever is the same as he turning Level E . I see that as more evidence of Zero will turn Level E near the end and somehow will be saved by Yuuki . ( As Zero won't die . )

A huge problem to know about Kaname's intentions is when he is lying and when he is telling the truth . As the time he told Kaine to tell Yuuki he killed Ouri and Hanadagi and was after Sara next . He told a half true / half lie .

Poor Zero to know he loves Yuuki the most ! Vampire Knight chapter 79 Full Raws and first translation - Page 2 3476048923 But at the same time knows Yuuki wants Kaname the best because of the times he bitten her before . Vampire Knight chapter 79 Full Raws and first translation - Page 2 3892208978 And he could not do anything to gain her except to comfort her . cryyyyyyy Even if he "knew " Kaname was the worst villain ever . Who " betrayed " the woman Kaname said loved more in the world . Because Yuuki insist to believe in him and to follow him to stop him . sFun_cheerleader2

Evil in love
    Evil in love
    Level-E
    Level-E

Post by Evil in love Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:26 am

Knightmare wrote:

sara- yeah, she says kaname ate another pureblood. dunno who that was, but there are meant to be more than just those 5 purebloods left that we know of. but what i really wanna know, is why sara smelt the pureblood's blood on kaname and yuuki /zero didn't notice. maybe she's just projecting lol.

Apparently, this is Kaname's bubble not Sara the translator put the wrong name..So it's Sara who just killed the pureblood.

First of all, with the great "sin" of Kaname, Hino is trolling us with "SIN". Give me break, so hilarious hahahaha. Zero went too far with this.. Sad .
    "All of his cells...and all of his existence...have all been polluted.".
    .In fact, it shows that Kaname just free shizuka. He is so impulsive. What Hino is making? She just put sympathy on Zero. However, I saw that because it was Yuuki made him go that far..calling for her sympathy? In ch.79 I saw Zero looked at Kaname as his rival love. I am sure he move on Yuuki but we will see Yuuki<---> Kaname, and Yuuki <---- Zero not mutual feeling. How hard for Kaname not to say anything since he heard Zero accusing him in front of the girl he loved by using sara's words ("great sin" lol) like "All of his cells...and all of his existence...have all been polluted."...He replied this
    "...it’s alright for Kiryuu-kun to tell you the truth. To a certain extent, Kiryuu-kun, who is standing right there, is the one who understands me best."
    ..such an ironic word from him..Twisted Evil it's such a fake that Zero would understand Kaname..

I agree with Juliet, Nina and other who said the truth is only Kaname free Shizuka but all were lied.

@Nina; yes, Kaname is S...he is...My Kaname... Embarassed

Knightmare
    Knightmare
    Common Vampire
    Common Vampire

Humor : Satirical

Post by Knightmare Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:29 pm

Evil in love wrote:
    Knightmare wrote:

sara- yeah, she says kaname ate another pureblood. dunno who that was, but there are meant to be more than just those 5 purebloods left that we know of. but what i really wanna know, is why sara smelt the pureblood's blood on kaname and yuuki /zero didn't notice. maybe she's just projecting lol.

Apparently, this is Kaname's bubble not Sara the translator put the wrong name..So it's Sara who just killed the pureblood.

hm, although i find it werid kaname ate a pureblood on his way there, but more so that he says
    "I don’t like it…you smell. You devoured a pureblood on your way here, right?"
    the first sentence is really ooc for kaname. and Sara was confined to her room under house arrest, not on her way anywhere. guess she could have used her spiders.

still, be nice to know who was killed.
    Evil in love
    Evil in love
    Level-E
    Level-E

Post by Evil in love Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:44 pm

Knightmare wrote:
    Evil in love wrote:
    Knightmare wrote:

hm, although i find it werid kaname ate a pureblood on his way there, but more so that he says
    the first sentence is really ooc for kaname. and Sara was confined to her room under house arrest, not on her way anywhere. guess she could have used her spiders.

Page 24 : Those bubble are on the Kaname's side..so he said, "What a smell...you had already eaten one pureblood on your way here...right?" <<< According, what Takuma said that it is ok to let Sara do the job of eliminating all purebloods. He must know that Sara killed another pureblood.

Page 25 : Sara, "Even so, it was not a big deal to compare with the "grave sin" of you" <<<<< Sara is such a joker in here...she is all fake, lol I mean for the great sin to free Shizuka.

Page 26: Full of Sara's hypocritical lines, ""We must not turn humans who don't want to become vampires into vampires". This is the crime we must not commit, dictated by our ancestors. Even this was not for our benefit, because we respect this rule, we can now coexist with humans in the same land. Even though it is just temporary, it's also better not to repeat the war as before, right?" <<< She is playing her game...look at Kaname's face..He is really to kill her.

Last edited by Evil in love on Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:58 pm; edited 5 times in total (Reason for editing : Adding and editing)

Post by Guest Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:47 pm

why dont you go to
    what do you think will happen in vampire knight chapter 80?
    juliet
    juliet
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Post by juliet Sun Jan 22, 2012 2:16 pm

Evil in love wrote:
    Knightmare wrote:
    Evil in love wrote:
    Knightmare wrote:

Page 24 : Those bubble are on the Kaname's side..so he said, "What a smell...you had already eaten one pureblood on your way here...right?" <<< According, what Takuma said that it is ok to let Sara do the job of eliminating all purebloods. He must know that Sara killed another pureblood.

Page 25 : Sara, "Even so, it was not a big deal to compare with the "grave sin" of you" <<<<< Sara is such a joker in here...she is all fake, lol I mean for the great sin to free Shizuka.

Page 26: Full of Sara's hypocritical lines, ""We must not turn humans who don't want to become vampires into vampires". This is the crime we must not commit, dictated by our ancestors. Even this was not for our benefit, because we respect this rule, we can now coexist with humans in the same land. Even though it is just temporary, it's also better not to repeat the war as before, right?" <<< She is playing her game...look at Kaname's face..He is really to kill her.

thank you so much sLo_BigBearHug for clarifying that part...i shall return for comments later
    nina
    nina
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Post by nina Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:28 pm

Knightmare wrote: lol, yeah, well, I think purebloods have an immortal mentality, they don't fear death even at their doorstep, they'll keep laughing right until the last blow. I think its inbred into them that they can't be killed. Shizuka and rido both had a lack of reaction to dying when they were being killed.

True to some extent. However I think Sara is different from Rido and Shizuka’s case. First of all because Sara herself made the distinction between her and all the other PBs who lost their lives practically cuz they didn’t “want” to live anymore, if you remember what she said to Takuma after Ouri’s murder. So she isn’t like them.
    But in any case this is also quite contradictory with what she said in the previous chapter that everything going smoothly for her, as she had planned. And I think she was also expecting Kaname’s “visit” there, thus she disclosed his secret to Zero. So all in all my feeling is that Sara’s stoicism stems from something else and not from the apathy with which PBs are facing death.

its likely sara think she has more words/revelations that will halt kaname. but it doesn't surprise me that he moves to kill her now, she's lost her usefulness, she stopped killing pbs.

This is possible … If so then maybe Sara didn’t calculate something very well … for example maybe her weapon/shield i.e Zero’s reaction.
    My feeling though is that Sara’s death it’s not gonna be so simple, like a blow from Kaname and over … I’m expecting more “drama” and twists but I could be wrong.

I do think kaname wants to kill all the purebloods. in the plan of kaname turning yuuki human again, having no more purebloods is the only way to ensure she will stay human.

I think Kaname already “burned” this option viz to turn Yuuki into human again.
    And in any case, Yuuki as a human wouldn’t be in danger only from the rest of the PBs but and from her own abilities to break spells. Yuuki’s initial spell started to break when Zero bitten her, viz a simple vampire not a PB, plus her own efforts to remember her past.
    Therefore a human Yuuki in a world free from PBs doesn’t equal with a safe Yuuki.

In short I’m not convinced that Kaname’s plan is to annihilate all the PBs … or at least that this is only. Except for many reasons that we have analyzed many times and I won’t unfold again … for me it would be a great disappointment from the aspect of the script cuz it would be way too simplistic to be only this Kaname’s OP.
    Somehow there are too many factors involved to justify such a plain goal lol.

as to not killing touma, kaname already explained it, he was demonstrating his resolve to kaien. kaien could have easily killed touma and I think its still his plan to provoke zero to kill the pbs. kaname didn't seem to have planned to do all the killing himself. i still think he can't use that anti-vampire sword with ease.

I beg to differ. Kaname knew that Kaien isn’t gonna kill Touma if not for anything else just cuz of Kaien’s ideals which Kaname knows pretty well. Additionally if he wanted Touma dead he simply could have torn his heart –as Sara did to Hanadagi – and then any blow from Kaien’s sword would be enough to finish him.

As for the matter of the easiness or not that Kaname wields anti-vampire weapons … you know my opinion, we have discussed several times in the past haha. This explanation is very contradictory with what we have seen from Kaname’s past as ancestor and with his past in his “second” life. So it doesn’t sound convincing.

And btw … this issue with the anti-vampire weapons creates IMO another loophole in what Kaname claims … He said that he left Sara for so long in order to help him with the killings. But how so; since Sara can’t kill any PB without the use of an anti-vampire weapon. Sara murdered Ouri using a hunter’s hand … she took Hanadagi’s heart and flew away knowing that she couldn’t finish him without a hand of a hunter. Moreover, after Hnadagi’s incident must have been months and Sara didn’t make any move towards any other PB, on the contrary she sat restfully at the academy.

So IMO what Kaname claims there seems a lie cuz it contradicts with everything that happened till now.

Juliet wrote: if you just look at it from a different direction they are all claiming that they waited for the other to do it, which is a bit funny;
    Kaname expected Sara (that’s what he said), who had not a hunter’s hand and expects Zero who always waited for a legal excuse and now also expected Kaname to do it…

Plus even if Sara and Kaname confirm these lies to take use of his feelings, these feelings actually concern mostly Kaname now, as we saw Zero considers Sara useful enough to be protected and the rest of the purebloods have done nothing yet, they are more the prays than the hunters. So I do not get it…

Exactly … this doesn’t make sense … and we saw that after Sara’s “big revelation” Razz Zero turned more against Kaname than any other PB. So how Kaname will motivate Zero to grab his BR and kill PBs, since by confirming Sara’s sayings he is only reinforcing Zero’s hate towards him … In other words he is pushing Zero to act as Sara wanted! ????

Thank you Nina, thank so much for taking the time to find it, that's what i was remembering and perhaps other readers here . Shizuka had her time with her love after her liberation from the council - he was alive > he was not dead. So what revenge Shizuka to take and for what reason, for a crime that had not been committed yet?

You are welcome Jul Very Happy

About the revenge part … for me it makes sense if Kaname was referring to Rido and the senate, but just because if he presented in that way then he would expose Sara’s bluff there i.e. and his facade, something that as it seems he doesn’t want to do.

So the question is … is it more important to keep his facade than allowing Zero to be in Sara’s side?

Well if he’ll kill Sara next then I guess that resolves the issue … however how he can ensure that Zero won’t turn first against him trying to kill him?

Perhaps, if his alter ego was with Yuuki and his real self was with Sara perhaps that can also explain as you mentioned why Sara could smell the scent of blood whereas Yuuki no (along with not be able to listen to the beating of his heart).

I mentioned that having in mind and something else that I forgot to add hahaha

Well, if these two scenes are taking place at the same time, then there is the space for Hino to involve Zero and Yuuki in the next chapter in relation with Sara I mean. This thought crossed my mind from your comment >>

Oh and a last one about Zero: Great shield for Sara, lol...i do not know what Sara believed to do with exposing Kaname's secret but if that was her intention (to get protected) now she must search for another shield. I know that she wants him for a weapons as well, but this point is a bit hilarious.

I think that we may have not seen yet the whole unfoldment of Sara’s effort to use Zero as her weapon and shield towards Kaname …

Well there is an answer to that and this answer is that he might be planning to sacrifice himself at the end (for whatever reason) so he does not care anymore about himself...and wants to detach Yuuki from himself in a mild way, so that he does not literally shatters her at the end. However if this is his plan, still is not turning out to be a successful one, no matter the effort that he puts, Yuuki has fallen for him so hard that nothing persuades her.

Still I do not get it … Why the simplistic plan to kill all the PBs requires his sacrifice huh? Note, sacrifice not suicide … If Kaname’s plan in the end requires his sacrifice then there it must be more in this plan … factors or aspects that Kaname doesn’t want to reveal yet thus he is using “idiotic” excuses as of he expected from Sara to kill PBs.

What I’m trying to say here is that if we gather all the hints from Kaname’s desperation till his nightmare we can assume that his dilemma was; or I’m losing Yuuki physically -perhaps through her sacrifice- or I’ll lose her from my life.
    And of course he chose the later … thus I think there is more behind his extreme effort to push her away and not simply for not to be so much hurt from his death.
    To me his efforts are giving the vibe of a matter of life or death. Cuz in other case, I’m sorry but he is fool … even if he succeeded and Yuuki giving up on him –in which he fails miserably lol- still how it would be possible not to be devastated from his death moreover if it will be a sacrifice?

Anyway my feeling is that with his extreme efforts to push Yuuki away he is trying to prevent something, rather than “preparing” Yuuki emotionally for his loss.

Its a sad realization that kaname does not seem to count his life (therefore he neither cares of how much of a sinner he can become) but on the other hand isn't that a challenge there for Yuuki to retrieve him and establish balance? so its a half/half situation because a great twist there can be expected at the end. We know that only Yuuki can restore him (no matter his plans).

Yuuki has already realized that she is the key to all these … In the end while Zero hugging her she is thinking that everything that Kaname doing is for her and is crying … so even in that moment her mind was on Kaname!
    Of course she must be very sad for Zero’s suffering too … it would be ooc if she wouldn’t but her mind and her heart is bound elsewhere <333333

For me Yuuki’s reaction was the biggest surprise in this chapter. I couldn’t possibly imagine that even after Zero’s dramatic revelation that Kaname is responsible for his tragedy she would melt in front of Kaname!!!! At least not before Kaname defend himself O.O
    My Kaname is here … I must go to him” … as if nothing ever had happened! She also was so sad when she realized that the Kaname in front of her wasn’t the real thing thus he didn’t come to take her away as he did in the first arc! Yuuki saying and thinking as I couldn’t ever hope for … She stood tall! Yay Yuuki!
    One the other hand this must be devastating for Zero … not even his drama could change Yuuki’s heart! I really hoped that Hino won’t put Zero in this position once again … but …

Anyway from this I can understand that Hino will probably use the situation to boost her heroine … Yuuki will prove through this difficult time that what she was saying all this time for her love for Kaname wasn’t hot air as some fans believed. It is her time to shine … driven from her unconditional love for Kaname she’ll find the truth behind Kaname’s lies and “save” him. Yuuki has a role to play there hasn’t she?
    Even Takuma knows that Kaname’s efforts to crush Yuuki’s feelings for him failed … only the baka Kaname can’t see through this lol. But I have great confident on Yuuki … maybe she should use another method … like the few slaps that she was thinking previously hahaha

Evil in love wrote: Page 24 : Those bubble are on the Kaname's side..so he said, "What a smell...you had already eaten one pureblood on your way here...right?" <<< According, what Takuma said that it is ok to let Sara do the job of eliminating all purebloods. He must know that Sara killed another pureblood.

Really??? O.O
    Thank you Evil in love for the info. cheers
    But if that’s true then I wonder how she did it since she can’t use anti-vampire weapons!???

I think we should wait also the translations from the Japanese raws to double check it cuz it is a key point … maybe this would be clearer. scratch
    aya-chan
    aya-chan
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Humor : oiseaux de se ressemble s'assemble

Post by aya-chan Sun Jan 22, 2012 5:32 pm

Kaname: I did what I did so that Shizuka could have her revenge…no…so that I could have her attack a certain hunter couple.

The bolded part is the true, but the unbolded part is not.

My theory is that Kaname released shizuka in order for her to kill rido, the one who imprisoned her.
    In the day when kaname blow rido into thousand of pieces he said he would find ways to kill rido. I think he tried to use shizuka to do this.
    Rido was vulnerable in the state he was at that time, and shizuka could have delt easily with the ones who kept his existence a secret.

Unfortunately for kaname, shizuka's lover was killed immediately after, and this brought shizuka mad.

Rido was always uncomfortable with shizuka - she never was submissive - and when she died he felt relief.

Evil in love
    Evil in love
    Level-E
    Level-E

Post by Evil in love Sun Jan 22, 2012 6:18 pm

[quote="nina"]

Really??? O.O
    Thank you Evil in love for the info. cheers
    But if that’s true then I wonder how she did it since she can’t use anti-vampire weapons!???

I think we should wait also the translations from the Japanese raws to double check it cuz it is a key point … maybe this would be clearer. scratch

First of all...this is my last post here in all up..but I will come to read Yume's comments sometimes if I have time because I like your comments here, are more sensible... Sara can take the pureblood's heart and you will see later who gets killed, see Ouri is an example, sara can do everything if Hino wants XD. There is many mistakes on Chinese to English..So I hope VK fandom can get correct version of translation..Thank you..

@Juliet
    thank you so much sLo_BigBearHug for clarifying that part...i shall return for comments later

Welcome..you can check more in the forum..I hope I will get chance to read your awesome comment.. Very Happy
    juliet
    juliet
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Post by juliet Sun Jan 22, 2012 6:56 pm

In any case, Yuuki as a human wouldn’t be in danger only from the rest of the PBs but and from her own abilities to break spells. Yuuki’s initial spell started to break when Zero bitten her, viz a simple vampire not a PB, plus her own efforts to remember her past.
    Therefore a human Yuuki in a world free from PBs doesn’t equal with a safe Yuuki.

Plus Yuuki would be again a pray to any mean vampire, all vampires can kill not only purebloods. So what that means? That being a human would be tremendous risky and a lot of vampires know of her existence (as the nobles), wouldn’t that be stupid? I think yes.

Its even strange that Kaname was thinking about it (in the past) but back then we can say that perhaps he did not see other choice than fulfilling his OP and keep her identity as a secret as much as he could.

The safest solution now would be a pureblood Yuuki sole and alone in power.

In short I’m not convinced that Kaname’s plan is to annihilate all the PBs … or at least that this is only. Except for many reasons that we have analyzed many times and I won’t unfold again … for me it would be a great disappointment from the aspect of the script cuz it would be way too simplistic to be only this Kaname’s OP.
    Somehow there are too many factors involved to justify such a plain goal lol.

killing all purebloods perhaps could mean a safer word (a word that Kaname had promised to little Yuuki that he shall create) but then again all these lies and hiding in order to become a serial killer?
    I do not understand why to go that far and permit to Sara to play her games or why not to stay with Yuuki while killing the other purebloods (after all that would be easier for her to reject him if he insisted on being right on his decisions and she disagreed with his ways or she may even understood his reasons, if there are adequate reasons behind it).

Therefore yes, this plan to just kill all purebloods for Yuuki’s safety, has so many flaws and makes so little sense that would be terribly stupid. Still cannot understand what’s the problem so that Kaname goes and kills all purebloods out of the blue?

The purebloods are sitting quiet enough; almost quiet enough to be murdered like in Ouri’s case. Hio was an easy pray and we rarely see him participating in anything, Hana was in a deep slumber and wanted no interference how ever. The rest members of the two previously mentioned families survived.
    Touma on the other hand that proved to be a trouble maker managed to get away with that (well he had some traumas but not the end of the world for him) and now Sara with all the problems that she has created, is not even afraid that Kaname shall kill her.
    Haha, if you manage to figure out what is happening here please tell.

Kaname knew that Kaien isn’t gonna kill Touma if not for anything else just cuz of Kaien’s ideals which Kaname knows pretty well.

And Kaien was not even attacking Touma but Kaname (for what he knew); he had no intention to kill Kaname, we know it. He had the intention to stop him and Kaname also knew that fact when he lifted himself and actually threw his body to Kaien’s blade, not though from the side that Touma’s heart was. Its evident in the scans that this was not supposed to be a fatal blow and it was not.

Well if he’ll kill Sara next then I guess that resolves the issue … however how he can ensure that Zero won’t turn first against him trying to kill him?

Perhaps he knows because he enraged Zero with all the things that he said, verifying Sara’s lies ect. From Kaname’s part I wonder if he hopes exactly that?

It’s a question to see what shall Zero do next though, will he stand opposite to Kaname and allow to Sara to go on or shall he obey the hunter’s wishes and wont stop Kaname? I did not see him and so much worried about protecting Sara or chasing Kaname after Kaname’s disappearance. Perhaps he intends to check back later that everything is okay and shall discover that Kaname has visited Sara? How many chances are there for Zero shooting Sara by mistake while Kaname vanishes? Haha, imagine that!

To me his efforts are giving the vibe of a matter of life or death. Cuz in other case, I’m sorry but he is fool … even if he succeeded and Yuuki giving up on him –in which he fails miserably lol- still how it would be possible not to be devastated from his death moreover if it will be a sacrifice?

I’ll be the devil’s advocate in this case, not for any other reason but because when I see him going into so much extremes measures and lies, my logic denies the notion that this is all about Yuuki’s protection> as you say there is something else there and unfortunately my mind drifts to that pessimistic scenario for multiple reasons that we have gone into before.

But since Kaname considers that a matter of life or death as you say and since he is so determined to prevent Yuuki from sacrificing herself, then I have to ask from where his certainty or fear stems from? Is it a phobia or he knows that there is a point to his plan (his OP) where a sacrifice is intended?

And therefore in order to be able and to offer to Yuuki a safer world, he needs her badly off his back so he can execute all of the steps of his plans with no obstacles and therefore keeps her away, diverting her direction elsewhere while he also prepares her for the unavoidable?

Because between a dead and a hurt Yuuki, he certainly prefers the second scenario.
    What I’m trying to say here is that if we gather all the hints from Kaname’s desperation till his nightmare we can assume that his dilemma was; or I’m losing Yuuki physically -perhaps through her sacrifice- or I’ll lose her from my life.

And to add a bit to this…Kaname knows that Yuuki can be devastated from his death, but a life without Yuuki also equals to death for Kaname. He has stated that and more than this, he is the one that asked her to finish his life in case she wanted to live without him.
    In other words I think that in his desperation he does not stand so much to Yuuki’s pain as to the fact that he will be damned again in a life without happiness and meaning and he can not take it. So this is not an easy case, I mean its more complicated, he loves her up to point of letting go of life for her sake one way or another and perhaps we must not exclude that all this dark aura of his, is based to his fears that now that he has found happiness, he has to leave it. (In a way that is also what Rido actually tells him).
    Otherwise if he has the reasons and the backup of his actions and no real danger is involved for him, why doesn’t he take the risk to share it with Yuuki? How much worst would be the outcome in relation to what he experiences today or what he is trying to do today?

Sorry I was carried away with my thoughts but relating to Kaname’s stance I just feel I am moving forth and back in this scenarios with his ways (lol he is not making it easy, no way, LOL).

Anyway my feeling is that with his extreme efforts to push Yuuki away he is trying to prevent something, rather than “preparing” Yuuki emotionally for his loss.

I hope so, I only wish that Hino gave more info instead of postponing all of these in every single chapter.

Even Takuma knows that Kaname’s efforts to crush Yuuki’s feelings for him failed … only the baka Kaname can’t see through this lol. But I have great confident on Yuuki … maybe she should use another method … like the few slaps that she was thinking previously hahaha

Yes it’s a funny condition because Kaname says that Yuuki fails to see the reality, Yuuki must say then that Kaname is the one that fails to see the reality and his friends tend to agree with her, lol, relationship problems.

Those bubble are on the Kaname's side..so he said, "What a smell...you had already eaten one pureblood on your way here...right?" <<< According, what Takuma said that it is ok to let Sara do the job of eliminating all purebloods. He must know that Sara killed another pureblood.

Page 25 : Sara, "Even so, it was not a big deal to compare with the "grave sin" of you"

I wanted to commented before how their lines just reminded them their last meeting and if that’s Kaname’s line that seems so, this is also how he had started his dialogue with Sara at the party:

Kaname now
    "What a smell...you had already eaten one pureblood on your way here...right?"
    "

Kaname at the party
    " “Did you go to see your fiancé? Sara its bad manners to come here smelling of the blood from your last meal…”
    "

So could he be reffering to Ouri? And since the first time Kaname did not get the appropriate answer, can that be a hint that he throws to her about knowing the truth of her actions?

And here where Sara actually speaks to Kaname about being a sinner, its like she is actually trying to change his opinion about fighting one another; that’s another line that she had used at the party;

Sara (now) : Even though it is just temporary, it's also better not to repeat the war as before, right?"
    Sara (at that party): But if there is something else worrying you…you should know best that it’s a difficult matter when purebloods go up against one another…

Of course all that are very ironic taking the fact that she held prisoners and actually has initiated a war there on her own base.

Welcome..you can check more in the forum..I hope I will get chance to read your awesome comment..

thank you, you are always welcome and dear, no need to mention it, Kisses and Hugs. sLo_BigBearHug

My theory is that Kaname released shizuka in order for her to kill rido, the one who imprisoned her.

Her parents had delivered her to the council ever since she was a baby and the council fed her humans and kept her restrained. The fan book mentions that she was deprived from love plus the council should be having reasons for keeping her; manipulation as Haruka had said, I think that adding all these is no wonder why Kaname decided to free her and let her have a true life and yes also revenge the ones that had treated her like a wild animal there.
    Meleas
    Meleas
    Human

Post by Meleas Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:53 am

What I did like in this chapter:
    -) Yukis realisation that she knows everything about Zero but nothing about Kaname (...)
    -) When Yuki touches Zeros head to calm him down
    -) Kaname admitting Zero is the one who understands him best ( Yeah Kaname, maybe you made the wrong partner choice... Razz )

What I did not like:
    -) Yukis empty promises to stop Kaname. Come on I want some girlpower! She must be able to do more than idle talk. (and everytime I think maybe in the next chapter, maybe in the next chapter...)
    -) Yuki standing still as a stick when Zero hugs her. A pat would have been nice and (for me) a normal reaction.
    Other topic: Can someone please tell me if Hino is going to take a break next month? Thanks Smile
    mariangie
    mariangie
    Pureblood Vampire
    Pureblood Vampire

Post by mariangie Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:52 am

I see the scan of chapter 79 in Spanish posted here :

http://submanga.com/Vampire_Knight/79/144335

This is a translation from the Chinese scans . It said the next chapter will be out on 2 / 24 / 12 .

Bloodredhead
    Bloodredhead
    Pureblood Vampire
    Pureblood Vampire

Post by Bloodredhead Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:37 am

Meleas wrote:
    -) Yuki standing still as a stick when Zero hugs her. A pat would have been nice and (for me) a normal reaction.

I'm with you on that. I found her lack of response a bit disappointing considering the guys in quite alot of pain and holding her for support. I'd have thought at least a bit of physical comfort like a pat would have come from her (like you said a natural response). Especially if she cares for him, but from that reaction......

The only natural response i saw this chapter from Yuuki that she did without thinking was moving towards Kaname when she saw him. In my opinion i think that speaks for itself really on how Yuuki's feelings for kaname are still going strong.
    Knightmare
    Knightmare
    Common Vampire
    Common Vampire

Humor : Satirical

Post by Knightmare Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:34 am

aya-chan wrote:

The bolded part is the true, but the unbolded part is not.

In the day when kaname blow rido into thousand of pieces he said he would find ways to kill rido. I think he tried to use shizuka to do this.
    Rido was vulnerable in the state he was at that time, and shizuka could have delt easily with the ones who kept his existence a secret.
    but shizuka didn't hint that she wanted any revenge except for those who killed her lover. she and her lover were only on the run after she escaped. and i thought her family put her in prison? she was imprison shortly after her birth accoridng to maria.

Question!

Kaname: My poor and lovely Yuuki…you have become an obstacle to me.
    http://imgsrc.baidu.com/forum/pic/item/2934349b033b5bb57d98b74f36d3d539b600bc30.jpg

The chinese tl for the page above has the last line is confirmed in the japanese from the other spoiler. but some peopole keep saying kaname said his feelings for yuuki have changed here as well? does someone have the japanese for that? thanks! just want to satisfy my curiosity. kaname comes up with some strange lies!
    nina
    nina
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Post by nina Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:39 pm

Juliet wrote: And Kaien was not even attacking Touma but Kaname (for what he knew); he had no intention to kill Kaname, we know it. He had the intention to stop him and Kaname also knew that fact when he lifted himself and actually threw his body to Kaien’s blade, not though from the side that Touma’s heart was. Its evident in the scans that this was not supposed to be a fatal blow and it was not.

True.
    But I feel that something we missing for Touma’s case too. If not for any other reason, just because Touma had some time screen and now he is at the HA …so I’m expecting further involvement from his character, but I can’t think anything.
    What role he will play in the future???

I’ll be the devil’s advocate in this case, not for any other reason but because when I see him going into so much extremes measures and lies, my logic denies the notion that this is all about Yuuki’s protection> as you say there is something else there and unfortunately my mind drifts to that pessimistic scenario for multiple reasons that we have gone into before.

Okie dokie haha …
    Well for me Yuuki’s protection, co-existence and protection of the humans are three values identical … so bottom line is that Yuuki may be Kaname’s everything but through that he serves the other two ideas as well. Takuma’s suggestion in this chapter –to take Yuuki away and disappear- reveals IMO that Kaname isn’t serving only one goal here i.e. Yuuki’s safety and the whole world can go to hell.

But since Kaname considers that a matter of life or death as you say and since he is so determined to prevent Yuuki from sacrificing herself, then I have to ask from where his certainty or fear stems from? Is it a phobia or he knows that there is a point to his plan (his OP) where a sacrifice is intended?

And therefore in order to be able and to offer to Yuuki a safer world, he needs her badly off his back so he can execute all of the steps of his plans with no obstacles and therefore keeps her away, diverting her direction elsewhere while he also prepares her for the unavoidable?

Because between a dead and a hurt Yuuki, he certainly prefers the second scenario.

Right … his fear that Yuuki might lose her life reaches the certainty … so it is to wonder why?
    I’m not sure if a sacrifice is required as the final step for his OP. But in any case IF his OP is ONLY to annihilate all the PBs I can’t see the requirement of any sacrifice (his or Yuuki’s) in the end. And as you also pointed out if this is what he wanted to do and Yuuki was against thus she would reject him because of that then why he must make her to “hate” him??
    So again arises the same question … why so much fear? Needless to say how many times I have strived my mind about this … but every time I’m ending up with the same scenario … and my understanding is that we miss the central piece of the puzzle and thus we can’t connect and tie all the hints that we have so far. So what could be that piece?

Here my speculations …

For me what could justify Kaname’s certainty is the past i.e. in short, if he has seen the play again.
    The fact that we have almost no info about the time he was ruling as King, his family and about the woman with which he started the Kuran clan is related with his OP, the secrecy, the lies and his extreme attempt to keep Yuuki away from him.
    I’m almost certain that he lost his wife in the past with a tragic way … now was an “obligatory” sacrifice; or a murder through a conspiracy it remains to be disclosed.

But if so, then in order to understand the root of his phobia and what he is trying to prevent now by pushing Yuuki away we need to know this specific incident and what circumstances led to the tragedy. Regardless if Yuuki is the reincarnation of his past wife or not … or if she is related to her by some way, the two women must have some common points. Common points that could lead again to the same outcome viz her loss.
    If also take under consideration that the bloody scene started to move more openly after the ball where Kaname announced Yuuki’s existence as the last Kuran i.e. as also his mate, his regained position as the leader of the vampires and the new treaty that he had just signed with the hunters, then we can assume that the current environment could simulate enough with the time he was ruling as King << a time when probably he enforced the rule that Sara now refers to … a rule that wasn’t beneficial for the PBs!

Let’s see what Sara says exactly which I think it might be more revealing than it seems with the first glance >>

Sara: Our ancestors dictated that “we must not turn unwilling humans into vampires”. It is a rule we must never break. I’d say that this rule was not set in our interest at all…but thanks to our adhesion to it, we can now co-exist with humans. Even if this co-existence is just temporary, we are still able to avoid repeating the big war that took place in the past. It’s a good thing, right?

Our ancestors dictated that “we must not turn unwilling humans into vampires”. >> this is the rule that everything screams that it was Kaname who dictated it. And this is the core of the new treaty that he signed with the hunters AGAIN as the LEADER of the vampires. In other words means that this was the end of the “party” that the PBs had all this time that the senate was ruling.

I’d say that this rule was not set in our interest at all >> Sara reveals again what’s the core and the spot friction between Kaname (and the Kurans) with the rest of the PBs. This rule is the root and one of the reasons of why ALL the Kurans are opponents of the PBs. And we know pretty well that Sara has deliberately broken that rule.

but thanks to our adhesion to it, we can now co-exist with humans. Even if this co-existence is just temporary, we are still able to avoid repeating the big war that took place in the past. >> and with this last line confirms that the open wars stopped when Kaname won the battle back in the past, became the king and enforced that rule. But why this co-existence is TEMPORARY?

What caught my attention is Sara’s reference again to a big war that it is still possible to be avoided … But what war? As you also said above >>

Still cannot understand what’s the problem so that Kaname goes and kills all purebloods out of the blue?

The purebloods are sitting quiet enough; almost quiet enough to be murdered like in Ouri’s case. Hio was an easy pray and we rarely see him participating in anything, Hana was in a deep slumber and wanted no interference how ever. The rest members of the two previously mentioned families survived.
    Touma on the other hand that proved to be a trouble maker managed to get away with that (well he had some traumas but not the end of the world for him) and now Sara with all the problems that she has created, is not even afraid that Kaname shall kill her.

Right … so what war, what conflicts? We haven’t seen any lol.
    And also isn’t she the one who wanted to start a war? >>

> Sara’s speech about the breaking of the agreement and her army >>
    http://www.mangareader.net/104-57815-39/vampire-knight/chapter-65.html

> And Aido-dono had also mentioned about conflicts, to Sara at Hanadagi’s castle>>
    http://www.mangareader.net/vampire-knight/67/21

So I wonder where is that war; and who actually wants to start that war again?

From what I see from Sara’s sayings and doings she is the one who was planning to stir the things up thus she was preparing an army for that moment. So I’m thinking … could Kaname’s killings to be related with the obstruction of that “war” thus and we haven’t seen any sign of a battle yet?

Now back on my speculations … IMO Sara is trying to re-create the same conditions that led Kaname’s wife in the past to death. Conditions that perhaps are related to that rule as well.
    Therefore Kaname is trying to destroy these conditions reversing the old outcome. And IF Yuuki was his past wife then it could be also a “fight” with the time before Yuuki “retrieves” that sealed past of hers.

For me it is not a coincidence that we hardly know anything about his plan and this part of his past … there must be a relation thus disclosing the past we can have the whole picture also from his plan and vice versa.

Otherwise if he has the reasons and the backup of his actions and no real danger is involved for him, why doesn’t he take the risk to share it with Yuuki? How much worst would be the outcome in relation to what he experiences today or what he is trying to do today?

Because Yuuki is the target … there is a reason of why he didn’t disclose the rest of his past to Yuuki … a reason that tie up his hands now and can’t share with her. As for example he couldn’t reveal to her in the first arc her true nature until the right time. I suspect something similar and that it could be her relation with the past events. Maybe even Kaname doesn’t want Yuuki to find out anything OR he wants everything to be revealed when his plan it is over i.e. when he would have ensure that he isn’t gonna live for second time this loss. Keeping Yuuki in the dark maybe is another way to nullify whatever led his wife in the past to death and cancelling Sara’s plan or anybody else’s who might be also behind the scenes.

And what if his wife sacrificed her life in an attempt to save him? That wouldn’t justify his extreme effort to push her away and crush her feelings and their deep bond?

And note Yuuki’s realization in the end of this chapter …

Yuuki: I seem to finally understand…if I go back to the root of everything, I’ll find myself there. (i.e., everything must have happened because of me) And therefore, I must stop Kaname.

And I have a wonder which might be stupid but what the heck lol!
    If his plan is to annihilate all the PBs; but he needs help as he said to Sara why not collaborate with the hunters? Isn’t that what they want?
    And I mean at least in secret … the hunters could lend him a hand and he could have taken the blame as he did with Sara. scratch

EDIT:

I’ve been thinking this line > “What a smell...you had already eaten one pureblood on your way here...right?” which still puzzles me lol

Juliet wrote: I wanted to commented before how their lines just reminded them their last meeting and if that’s Kaname’s line that seems so, this is also how he had started his dialogue with Sara at the party:

Kaname now
    "What a smell...you had already eaten one pureblood on your way here...right?"

Kaname at the party
    “Did you go to see your fiancé? Sara its bad manners to come here smelling of the blood from your last meal…”

So could he be reffering to Ouri? And since the first time Kaname did not get the appropriate answer, can that be a hint that he throws to her about knowing the truth of her actions?

Nice observation there Jul! cheers But could be regarding Ouri? I think that the reference on the smell pinpoints more to a recent death.

While the part of that phrase > “on your way here...right?" seems more fitting to Kaname cuz he was the one who went at the academy … Kaname’s second line >> I just wish I could let you devour more purebloods. confused me cuz as far as we know at least, Sara devoured Ouri and “partially” Hanadagi and all of that months ago, whereas meanwhile she didn’t do nothing towards any PB. Thus how so and Kaname says that he wished to could let her devour more PBs since her contribution actually is limited to only one PB!? Haha …

Therefore I’m thinking that if the initial line > “What a smell...you had already eaten one pureblood on your way here...right?” belongs to Kaname and not to Sara then it makes more sense Kaname’s second line > I just wish I could let you devour more purebloods. and also with Takuma’s line > You fool… Can you just leave the rest to Sara-san, Kaname?

In short he says that despite she did her job –devouring one more PB – still he can’t let her live any longer. In any case I wonder who that PB is?!

I don’t know if I make sense here *boohoo* >.<

Post by Guest Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:42 pm

"Therefore I’m thinking that if the initial line > “What a smell...you had already eaten one pureblood on your way here...right?” belongs to Kaname and not to Sara then it makes more sense Kaname’s second line > I just wish I could let you devour more purebloods. and also with Takuma’s line > You fool… Can you just leave the rest to Sara-san, Kaname?

In short he says that despite she did her job –devouring one more PB – still he can’t let her live any longer. In any case I wonder who that PB is?!

I don’t know if I make sense here *boohoo* >.<"
    i may have to dissagre with you here if you look back to chapter 71 kaname was killing and eating a pure blood so it was sara saying kaname smelled
    juliet
    juliet
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Post by juliet Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:51 am

In short he says that despite she did her job –devouring one more PB – still he can’t let her live any longer.

Ι agree that it makes more sense and also that changes the meaning of his phrase from actually approving her ways and just being no more use to him to disapproval or resentment of her actions despite if this is a thing he may also wishes.

It fits better and that’s a line that Kaname has used before but we have to wait for a clearer Japanese translation to confirm it.

i may have to dissagre with you here if you look back to chapter 71 kaname was killing and eating a pure blood so it was sara saying kaname smelled

But could be regarding Ouri? I think that the reference on the smell pinpoints more to a recent death.

Yes that was chapter 71 (where Kaname eats Hio, I suppose) and chapter 55-56? At the ball where Sara eats Ouri…
    So irrelevantly of who says the above lines, both crimes are actually far behind don’t you think?

And ever since there we have no clues or evidence that another pureblood has been harmed. Sara is less suspicious than Kaname because a) she can not leave the academy and b) she can not use anti-vampire weapon.

But Kaname also killing another pureblood out of the blue (Hino at least show us Hio why not this crime also)?

Therefore I was suggesting that perhaps it’s a more of a metaphorical use like “you made it up to this point but I know your crimes”…like Sara had said to Zero that he smells like the Kurans, and was taunting him with his notion and we know that a year had passed ever since Zero had gotten any blood.

But let’s be patient, I do not want to jump into conclusions about any crimes yet because there are not and so many purebloods left (Isaya? Who else is introduced to us but I highly doubt it).

If his plan is to annihilate all the PBs; but he needs help as he said to Sara why not collaborate with the hunters? Isn’t that what they want?
    And I mean at least in secret … the hunters could lend him a hand and he could have taken the blame as he did with Sara.

Good point, well they might give him a hand towards the end, LOL. Its so strange though, I’ve been thinking that the weapons (Artemis and Bloody Rose) are reflecting the ancestors feelings of hate;
    “These weapons are only thinking of merely slaughtering vampires” , Kaname, chapter 64.

And the hunters also;
    “You will seek bloodshed just as we have, from a hateful instinct”.
    “And blood that runs through our body whispers NOT to forgive the vampires for their inhumanity”, Zero, chapter 64.

And that’s the ancestor’s blood running through the hunters body as Zero says and these are the feelings that it promotes; hateful instict, no forgiveness, slaughtering vampires.
    And getting back to the original task that the ancestor had placed at Kaname’s hands in exchange for the power that she had lend him during being weak her words were;
    “The only way to stop more servants from being created is to destroy the source. I do not relish destroying our kind after I searched them out. I am sorry I am asking you to do such an unpleasant job, forgive me Kaname”, the ancestor, official viz media translation volume 13”.

Therefore from the above we can say that the first hunters and Kaname as an ancestor came upon with a task and an obligation to exterminate the purebloods that shall change humans. Now reading the volumes there is this observation from Yuuki that we also had questioned speaking about purebloods;

Yuuki:“Purebloods …we don’t die…so there should be a lot of our kind…I”
    Kaname: “if we include the ones taking a long rest, there were 33 purebloods in all…but the numbers have decreased since then…
    Yuuki: “but they are too few…did the purebloods want to end their lives like Ouri-Sama?”

In the continuation of their conversation Yuuki doubts Ouri’s desire to commit a suicide as this was provided as an official explanation. Then Kaname trying to provide an answer talks about his grandfather. At that time it seemed totally irrelevant, at this point we know that Kaname switched the subject because that was the true answer to Yuuki’s question about the purebloods and also in an indirect way for Ouri;

Kaname: “My grandfather once became the leader of the purebloods…He was the King of vampires. Yes…He did it to stop the fighting. A large number of purebloods died during that battle…” Viz official translation, volume12.

How many?
    The lady ancestor provides the answer at volume 13…
    “More than half our members…are already thinking about turning every human into one of our own..”

So that means that at that time, the first war, Kaname and the hunters killed more than half of the first purebloods that existed…and the party went on…

Kaname: “ And once again, the quarrel was repeated several times. One less person. One less person again. During that time, when our existence disappeared from the face of human history-“

In few words I think that Kaname (and a truth about his past that he was so much afraid of revealing) is a killing machine (and not the gentle vampire that Yuuki pictured) or in more bright colors (since he fought the good fight as Coelo would say (LOL) the real vampire knight that actually fought many wars, not one, took many lives with him but also saved humanity and finally made it to accommodate enough power and respect in order to stop the wars and make his enemies quit from their desire to change humans.

Perhaps the ones that did not like it but quit in time to save their lives followed a long slumber? Who knows? After all, it is also Kaname that says that many purebloods lost their will to live any longer and it is also Sara the one that says that if she follows the subtle life of the Kurans and does not give into her instincts, she would be losing her will to live (so who knows? That’s only an observation)…

Also that brings me back to your question and to Sara’s words at the current chapter;
    so what war, what conflicts? We haven’t seen any lol.
    And also isn’t she the one who wanted to start a war? “

Now reading all the above extracts I think that we are in full understanding of that big war that Sara mentions…in few words her tablets and her preparations whatever they are, set the stage for another war to repeat... and her words to Kaname at this point seem to me as a warning, a last act of warning to him;

that if you agree, we still can avoid repeating the slaughtering of the past ( she refers to purebloods fighting, because that was the big war about ) and still be able to dominate the rest of the races with a more subtle and innocent looking way (since she has the tablets).

Spoiler:
    hm, hm, anyway...

“I’d say that this rule was not set in our interest at all >> Sara reveals again what’s the core and the spot friction between Kaname (and the Kurans) with the rest of the PBs. This rule is the root and one of the reasons of why ALL the Kurans are opponents of the PBs. And we know pretty well that Sara has deliberately broken that rule.

And here I refer your post as additional sources of how provocative Sara is and how even Aido-dono estimates that’s breaking the rules will eventually lead to a war among purebloods. And that’s a fact I think…

Sara’s speech about the breaking of the agreement and her army >>
    http://www.mangareader.net/104-57815-39/vampire-knight/chapter-65.html

> And Aido-dono had also mentioned about conflicts, to Sara at Hanadagi’s castle>>
    http://www.mangareader.net/vampire-knight/67/21

Let’s not forget that while purebloods are actually playing their war games, they are taking down with them numerous of victims, we have seen that before with Shizuka and Rido.

Now back on my speculations … IMO Sara is trying to re-create the same conditions that led Kaname’s wife in the past to death. Conditions that perhaps are related to that rule as well.
    Therefore Kaname is trying to destroy these conditions reversing the old outcome. And IF Yuuki was his past wife then it could be also a “fight” with the time before Yuuki “retrieves” that sealed past of hers.

Perhaps, a further estimation that i have is that Sara does not really want a war; she wishes to be acknowledged as a Queen before reaching the point of an open war since she has the weapons that can take her there and she wants to use them or she intends an open war but only as a last resort (and therefore she has also set the stage for that) at least it would be expected from her to try to avoid it as much as possible... Kaname does need an open war though.

And IMO that’s the part in which he does not want Yuuki to stop him.
    And Aido-dono should also know about his plan or he must knew at least a certain part of him would give in to Sara's challenge and therefore Aido-dono was wondering how Yuuki would be in any position to stop him. That would also explain why he later on from Sara not to initiate a war> thus also her provocative actions with the making of a female harem, army or slave girls was already declaring her intention to throw the glove to Kaname for a challenge where he should step out of his house.

So IMO Kaname wants this war to happen, and through that war (with all the pieces alive and active), he wants to fulfill his OP, which in my opinion is identified with the ancestors wish (to give an end to the ones that change humans even with the humans consent as she had stated)/ at least I see that as a part of his OP, because that was one of the primary tasks that were addressed to him from the ancestor. Now that Sara might have set the pieces, he may no longer need her to go on and fulfill the continuation.

We saw at the first arc that the nobles that co-sided with the council and approved of its crimes were also killed and Kaname verified at that point that he shall fulfill his original plan starting with them. So in a greater scale Kaname perhaps intends to give an end to every aspect or person that he believes to be rotten and to have played a role in the misery of the past. Of course that’s only my estimation and I could be wrong but this is where my thoughts are leading me at the current point.

And the hunters that you referred above, I think that he does intend to use them. Only that they don’t know about it... yet (LOL). We shall see…

His ultimate motive, yes to offer to Yuuki a safer world and of course to humans also since they are threaten now openly….As Sara says and that’s a very important fact:

we can now co-exist with humans. Even if this co-existence is just temporary, we are still able to avoid repeating the big war that took place in the past

So it is like Asato; humans must be food and purebloods exterminated (as she had stated at the previous chapter), thus this war continues for Kaname with a new face this time and new revelations (but everything is coming out slowly).

I guess that it was easy for him to guess Sara's intentions since she was gathering up an army by changing humans and also since he knew that she shared Asato's opinions and ideals, its no wonder that he left Takuma there, he was waiting for her at the corner.

But it seems that he was expecting from her to make all the moves possible and start the flaming? Perhaps because as I said above he wishes to finish all threats that he knows for once and for all (but for the time being we can not see them and a reason can be Yuuki and her concealed past as you said, just like the first arc, not all villains and facts came first).

Meanwhile Sara can be his alibi at the end (if you get what i mean) so that all actions shall be revealed that came from her? which up to a point that's truth.

If however there is a war among purebloods coming, its no wonder that he wants Yuuki out of the way at this point, still if he intends to sacrifice himself we do not know, (his protection overexceeds the normal limits for me) or if he even feels unworthy of her after so much crimes we wont know until the end, at least until we see where his plan is heading. I agree that pieces are missing and they are very important to shed more light but despite Hino’s delay with the plot, everything shall fall in place eventually.

That was a long post and I am leaving you here, haha, thanks for the patience.

Also one last addition;

The chinese tl for the page above has the last line is confirmed in the japanese from the other spoiler. but some peopole keep saying kaname said his feelings for yuuki have changed here as well? does someone have the japanese for that? thanks! just want to satisfy my curiosity. kaname comes up with some strange lies!

Even so what is he supposed to do? in the college where Sara has multiple spies? Kaname is ditching himself one hundred meters under the ground and that is a strange lie? until now all efforts of Sara to use his secrets and weaknesses against him (see purebloods murders, Shizuka revelation to Yuuki, Zero's hate, sins of the past) have hit the wall and he is the one returning the ball back to her in greater speed and gravity than the one she actually threw! He is standing strong, not allowing her to use his weaknesses that could make him stop and that's important.

mariangie
    mariangie
    Pureblood Vampire
    Pureblood Vampire

Post by mariangie Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:22 am

A correction :

This is what Kaname said to Yuuki at chapter 56 , vol 12 , Viz ed .

Kaname : " My great - grandfather once became the leader of the purebloods... He was King of Vampires . "

Kaname was talking in reality of himself . So he is Yuuki's only great - grandfather .

What I knew from the Vampire Wars in the past ? :

A long time ago . After changing the world climate to very cold . Pureblood vampires appear . They prosper . They required blood from humans as food . As some of these humans survive , they were transformed into vampires themselves . Some of the purebloods find useful to control these ex - humans now vampires as their servants and toys for amusement . Kaname was one ( if not the first ) vampire in existance . He had lived for a long time avoiding harming humans . One day a pureblood woman he had met in his past find him almost to the border of starvation . Give him her blood to aid him . She later explained to him about her group , who tried to live harmimg humans as less as posible . About the many purebloods who were doing with humans as they pleased ; Kaname decided to help her . Discovered a way to kill an inmortal pureblood using his own flesh as cathalytic . Kaname ( or he and the HW ) devised a plan to use humans to defend themselves against purebloods . Kaname intended to be the one sacrificed to create the weapons / hunters . But the HW intercept his plans and do this herself . The vampire hunters / anti - vampire weapons were created . Kaname decided his purpose in life was to continue the HW wish to end with those purebloods harming humans . A war between Kaname plus hunters against the purebloods who wanted to do their will started . Kaname's side win . As they got weapons no other pureblood vampires could yield .Kaname became Vampire King . Emforced the few pureblood survivors families ( the seven we saw at the present time ) to promise not to turn humans into vampires unless the human consent . Exactly what the HW desired .

Here is the broken link . No information of what happened during the period Kaname was Vampire King until he decided to enter an eternal slumber .

I could only speculate here . Kaname got some pureblood vampire woman to love and share his life during this long period of time .( Who she was is another mystery . One theory of mine is she was Kaname's daugther with the HW ????? And Yuuki's past life ?????? But other possibilities are valid . ) Had children with her . Vampires and humans coexisted together . Vampire hunters acted as police and mediators between both groupd to ensure the vampire treaty was fulfill . One day some pureblood wanted to change this situation . Why ? Could be a lot of things . Boredoom . Wanted to be King / Queen . Hated Kaname . Wanted to make chaos . Just liked the old ways . Whatever . The thing is this pureblood plotted to get Kaname out of the throne and sustitute him with another person with more similar ideas ( Rido ?????? ) . Either plotted to manipulate the hunters or used Rido for this . Could be either planned killing Kaname's wife for making Kaname mad . Or planned killing Kaname and the Queen saved him from death . But she died doing so . Either way Kaname enter into a despair because he lost his love and family . Ending renouncing his kingdom and entering a slumber . After this happening , Kaname's son . The one who was supposed to substitute him . Noticing Rido if becoming king would destroy the treaty between humans and vampires . Abdicted to the throne and created the Vampire Senate . Making Rido unavailable to being the next King . Rido next killed his parents as revenge . ( Rido is a user of anti - vampire weapons . He could do this . )

This part of Kaname's past is the clue to know what is really Kaname plotting about the purebloods . If he is trying to prevent a new pureblood outrising . Purebloods turning/ killing humans as they pleased . But he is really killng everybody . Not only the "bad " purebloods but everybody including himself . Or he is just trying to discover who was the past pureblood ringmaster ( or the White Chessmaster ) who ruined Kaname's life .

I want to know now ! furious The bad thing is if Yuuki is indeed Kaname's past wife reincarnation . Hino will only tell what really happen in Kaname's past until the very end . aha
    nina
    nina
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Post by nina Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:50 pm

Juliet wrote: It fits better and that’s a line that Kaname has used before but we have to wait for a clearer Japanese translation to confirm it.

I have verified this from Japanese scan as well. The line >> “What a smell...you had already eaten one pureblood on your way here...right?” >> belongs to Sara and not to Kaname.

Now back on Kaname and Sara's plans haha ...

Perhaps, a further estimation that i have is that Sara does not really want a war; she wishes to be acknowledged as a Queen before reaching the point of an open war since she has the weapons that can take her there and she wants to use them or she intends an open war but only as a last resort (and therefore she has also set the stage for that) at least it would be expected from her to try to avoid it as much as possible... Kaname does need an open war though.

I agree that Sara maybe has the alternative of an open war as her last resort.

However I think that this is exactly what she uses to indirectly threaten Kaname and twist his arm there … her line that “we still can avoid an open war as it happened in the past”, I think is her attempt to show Kaname what will follow.

Thus I have many reservations that Kaname does want an open war. And I’ll use your words with which I completely agree >>

Let’s not forget that while purebloods are actually playing their war games, they are taking down with them numerous of victims, we have seen that before with Shizuka and Rido.

That’s right, so can you imagine how many human casualties we will be counting; if an open war would take place?

Additional … we see Kaname’s extreme efforts to push Yuuki away and keep her as much as possible out of all this. >>

If however there is a war among purebloods coming, its no wonder that he wants Yuuki out of the way at this point,

So how he could do that in case of an open war where everyone will be bound to participate? Even the hunters consider her a great asset since she can use an anti-vampire weapon!
    Hence I hardly can see that Yuuki wouldn’t get involved in this case, whatever Kaname and if he does. Except if he locks her in a cage haha … which I don’t see happening lol.

Therefore, for the above reasons, my understanding is that Kaname wants to avoid a repetition of the past, thus and cuz Sara knows it she threatens him using this soft spot of Kaname. He doesn’t want humans to be hurt and neither Yuuki ofc in a such dangerous situation … so how he might want/planning an open war?

And Aido-dono should also know about his plan or he must knew at least a certain part of him would give in to Sara's challenge and therefore Aido-dono was wondering how Yuuki would be in any position to stop him. That would also explain why he later on from Sara not to initiate a war> thus also her provocative actions with the making of a female harem, army or slave girls was already declaring her intention to throw the glove to Kaname for a challenge where he should step out of his house.

Correct … but Aido-dono said all that to Yuuki prior Sara’s attack at Hanadagi’s castle and moreover after the talk he had with Kaname he even consents to his death << this couldn’t be “translated” that Aido-dono changed his view?
    If we go back we will see that Aido-dono had a similar reaction concerning Sara’s doings as the hunters >> he was questioning why Kaname didn’t do anything.
    So, how impossible is that Aido-dono had formed a false idea about Kaname’s intentions/plan there?

And btw … if Aido-dono’s reference about Kaname’s participation on the “grave sin” is the same one that Sara means, i.e. the release of Shizuka, then how Aido-dono knew that? Could be from Asato or even Sara? Could be that a damning element which uncovered him; or any connection/cooperation that he supposedly shouldn’t have?
    In any case could this reference from Aido-dono to have played a role to his death later? (Just thinking out loud here lol)

We saw at the first arc that the nobles that co-sided with the council and approved of its crimes were also killed and Kaname verified at that point that he shall fulfill his original plan starting with them. So in a greater scale Kaname perhaps intends to give an end to every aspect or person that he believes to be rotten and to have played a role in the misery of the past.

Yes this is very possible to be an aspect of Kaname’s plan … and in any case the protection of the humans and the prevention to not be turned into vampires is the core of VK … everything revolved around that idea since the ancient times.

But I still fail to see how an open war shall serve that purpose. The number of the remaining PBs is very limited, so even in the case that every one of them share the same ideology with Sara, viz treating humans like disposable beings thus they should be annihilated, isn’t too extreme to provoke an open war in order to exterminate them?
    Furthermore many of them most likely are in slumber (Hanadagi was, Hio too) and we haven’t see many of them active, except from Isaya and Touma. So, it wouldn’t be easier to kill them while they’re still sleeping, rather than awaking them, provoking an open war which could go out of control? And bottom line … to gain what from that?

mariangie wrote: This part of Kaname's past is the clue to know what is really Kaname plotting about the purebloods . If he is trying to prevent a new pureblood outrising . Purebloods turning/ killing humans as they pleased .

I agree … for me too, Kaname’s unknown past is the key which will unlock the current plot. And if so then we probably shall see them unfolding synchronously.
    juliet
    juliet
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Post by juliet Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:05 pm

I have verified this from Japanese scan as well. The line >> “What a smell...you had already eaten one pureblood on your way here...right?” >> belongs to Sara and not to Kaname.

Now back on Kaname and Sara's plans haha ...

So she tosses to him his own lines back at chapter 55? Haha, Sara lacks imagination but has humour. Perhaps then she refers to Hio (which she has not commented that far, how she missed that part or hasn’t she? I cannot remember).

If though she literally means what she says (and that’s recent) though, then who that pureblood could be and how come Hino did not show us that? Anyway, lets move on for now.

Thus I have many reservations that Kaname does want an open war. And I’ll use your words with which I completely agree. So can you imagine how many human casualties we will be counting; if an open war would take place? >>

Yes, well this is my appreciation of the events up to this point (and I also not sure about it, that’s the most that I can think of> so I am very reserved in what I am saying but on the other hand there is and no additional reference other than “war” in this script as an event that we can seen foreseen happening> I wish there was though…
    The war is an issue that is repeated over and over again from Sara to Aido-dono and from Asato to Rido, we know that the epilogue shall lead to a final showdown (a war actually) probably as the first arc ended with the first casualties of Kaname’s OP (the senate). So what does it scream that the second part that shall be about? (from what we know about his OP so far?)

Isn’t it logical that the second part shall lead to the conclusion of the OP? or to state it better from Kaname's POV because there is also Yuuki there and she has to do something in this script but from what Kaname wants to be... Isn’t that what Kaname said that he shall go on to fulfill his OP?

And since in his OP there is the primary target to eliminate the ones that change humans…and it seems to expand also to the corrupted ones, it seems that his plan needs to be drastic enough, to conclude all. Remember that Kaien had said to Kaname that the way he had selected to exterminate the council was a drastic one (and that was just the introduction)?

About the human casualties I do not know. Humans do not seem to have been affected yet, Kaname took protection when he had asked Ruka and Kain to evacuate the city when visiting Isaya (which shows that he is quite precautious with all that). So if his decision would be to lead a war, I do think that he would have predicted that part.

Plus the volcano scene and Seiren’s line that he has still many things to do…he is preparing something but what? And apart from the “war” hint that is spread here and there in the script, right now I do not get another one. But I might be ultimately wrong, after all this is Kaname that we are talking about….LOL.

But I still fail to see how an open war shall serve that purpose. The number of the remaining PBs is very limited, so even in the case that every one of them share the same ideology with Sara, viz treating humans like disposable beings thus they should be annihilated, isn’t too extreme to provoke an open war in order to exterminate them?
    Furthermore many of them most likely are in slumber (Hanadagi was, Hio too) and we haven’t see many of them active, except from Isaya and Touma. So, it wouldn’t be easier to kill them while they’re still sleeping, rather than awaking them, provoking an open war which could go out of control? And bottom line … to gain what from that?

Exactly! Even in the case that dangers were involved for Yuuki then why kaname cannot confront these dangers as they are coming but marches on burying himself more instead of becoming the heroe of the day to they eyes of his sweethearr? M…tough questions.

So how come Kaname marches to fulfill his OP now that there is no real profound danger there pictured at least, other than Sara, who let’s be realistic he could have stopped her, after Ouri’s murder? Yet, with his decisions, sayings and actions, he is pushing her further away in her plan?

Another question is Why is the OP important now to be completed and how shall it be completed?

At least the OP distances the theory that Kaname wants to kill all purebloods because as we have seen his primary target and goal was to eliminate the purebloods that would change the humans and later on with the council we see that Kaname has decided to deliver a determined blow also to the nobles and vampires that embraced that ideology through “Asato”. In other words the danger and perhaps the classes of vampires that want humanity served to their fangs had expanded and that was a realization that Kaname made after Kaname woke up from his slumber.

I believe that all these worsen the situation around him; he realizes that the opposite party instead of diminishing actually developed to a society net, even worst to the grander power that authorized living and controlled co-existence.
    Sara says to Kaname that changing humans is to be considered a sin of the past according to ancestors and as we saw it was the council with which she collaborated that created level-e. How ironic, he to be the taking humans as consolidation and the council to be taking “credits” for the comfort that it provided to him after they had killed his parents.
    Since we know that Asato’s plan was exactly what Sara also wants to achieve here, then Kaname should know that Sara was also one of the council’s allies and that she would continue the plan for the human’s domination regardless of Asato’s death. So the game was still going on…

But would he do that prior to them taking sides if he had not enough evidence of the past that they are implicated in this as well? And I am not strictly talk about purebloods here, because as we saw other level of vampires or classes were also involved here.

In my opinion the purebloods that were killed should have been interfered in this “expansion” of humanity as slaves, but how can he control all parties after being in slumber for an adequate time, and since his OP is back in force and so he wishes to conclude it, then how is he going to check the sides and the alliances if he does not provoke them enough to take sides? Unrelated to the open- war issue that’s a general question here.

And in order for them to take sides should't let the other side raise first (Sara let's say)?
    (If that’s the case however because it might not be after all, that's a long shot but I think its an interesting option to discuss in general).

However I think that this is exactly what she uses to indirectly threaten Kaname and twist his arm there … her line that “we still can avoid an open war as it happened in the past”, I think is her attempt to show Kaname what will follow.

Yes, exactly Sara seems to threaten Kaname here. But that’s Sara’s estimation here that he shall want to avoid it. Has Kaname fallen so far for any of the methods that Sara has used in order to cut his course (with the hope to use Yuuki’s feelings against him and Zero also as her shield)?
    It’s actually the opposite so far; she is burying him ten feet underground for crimes or sins that he did not committed and he on his own device goes 20 feet below and does not understand a thing of Sara’s ways. What I mean to say is that Sara’s appreciation of what she considers to be Kaname’s soft or vulnerable spots are hitting the wall, and Kaname has proven her bitterly wrong so far in her estimations.

To my appreciation its not just Sara but also Kaname who with accepting all of her blames and taking on his shoulders more crimes, he is also pushing her to move forward and use all of her cards one by one which he burns with no care. So yes, perhaps the “war” card to be her last resort but is she actually betting right on this one? Or is Kaname going to “cancel” her one more time?

At this point I do not see them reaching a settlement though. That’s why I am saying that he might want an open war here, because that’s to his benefit, Sara is afraid of it but does not feel sad about it, Kaname can be sadden but I do not think that he is afraid.
    Meanwhile we say all that stuff, but the point is if Kaname shall manage to kill Sara next chapter.

Correct … but Aido-dono said all that to Yuuki prior Sara’s attack at Hanadagi’s castle and moreover after the talk he had with Kaname he even consents to his death << this couldn’t be “translated” that Aido-dono changed his view?
    If we go back we will see that Aido-dono had a similar reaction concerning Sara’s doings as the hunters >> he was questioning why Kaname didn’t do anything.
    So, how impossible is that Aido-dono had formed a false idea about Kaname’s intentions/plan there? And btw … if Aido-dono’s reference about Kaname’s participation on the “grave sin” is the same one that Sara means, i.e. the release of Shizuka, then how Aido-dono knew that? Could be from Asato or even Sara? Could be that a damning element which uncovered him; or any connection/cooperation that he supposedly shouldn’t have?
    In any case could this reference from Aido-dono to have played a role to his death later? (Just thinking out loud here lol)

Yes he did say that stuff before Hana’s execution but after having a long talk with Kaname there and if you remember he hints Kaname with many weird sayings
    “ you shall not hesitate to sacrifice us all” , “committed the greatest sin before Shizuka went missing”, where his hint about Shizuka, I agree its very weird because in the first case he repeats a line that Asato had said, at the second a line that Sara used recently. And he puts it in such way that he delivers not the fact (Shizuka’s release) but Sara’s twisted lies as we know that Shizuka’s lover was alive, therefore it was not Kaname the one that commited that crime (changing humans deliberately) through Zero’s story.

But on the other hand we know that the Aidou family was rooting for monarchy and besides Aido-dono as you say was the one that begged Sara not to initiate a war when following her with his car. And why to follow her in the first place?

Well, a logical explanation could be that Aido-dono’s two lines have the same source which is no other than Asato’s twisted lines and that’s also Sara’s initial source (Takuma is her captive for being the one that can deliver the truth to their lies here). So Aidou dono as you say questions Kaname’s integrity there and has the chance to see and Kaname’s reaction there (Kaname is actually sadden). I think that he is suspecting the upcoming war between the purebloods and searches reactions. One with Kaname (one side where Aido-dono highly suspects his intentions from the fact that he is not doing anything for Sara and secondly with Sara (he follows her) and tries to tell her to pull it off, haha his hopes that Yuuki may prevent Kaname have already been extinguished as you say it.

And yet she does not pull it off, and therefore the war begins and Kaname goes out to fulfill his OP. At least that’s what I think of it up to now..sorry for tiring you.

@Mariangie thanks for the correction indeed is great grandfather but they missed that on the official translation, thanks for adding it and I certainly agree that in order to get to know more the "why" but also Yuuki's importance in the puzzle we need to dive more into Kaname's past. I agree with you and Nina that they are many puzzles there left and also a reason why Kaname cancelled his OP the first time around. I hope that Hino shall shed more light because all of this delay with the plot has tired me (and my imagination gets more wild also)...LOL

andy-san
    andy-san
    Human

Post by andy-san Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:22 am

Ok! so as I was reading all the comments and trying to find an explanation something just pop out in my mind!
    So, what if the Kaname that appeared in front of Zero and Yuuki wasn't even a reflection of Kaname but Sarah? I mean she made that "kaname" to appear infront of Zero and Yuuki to tell Zero all this things that he did and that Sarah said before so Zero can get super mad crazy and try to kill him!! and maybe that's why Sarah is so calm about Kaname being there because she knows that Zero is going to come at any time and kill kaname for her!
    I don't know if it makes sense but it could explain somethings and some incoherencies in what kaname was saying!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:51 pm