Vampire Knight & Manga Forum

In order to fully enjoy the board and it's function, you can always log in or sign up to an account. Thank you...

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

In order to fully enjoy the board and it's function, you can always log in or sign up to an account. Thank you...

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Α forum dedicated to Hino's Matsuri best-seller manga Vampire Knight and the manga we love

Gallery

Vampire Knight Chapter 71 Raws pics + Translation - Page 3 Empty

Latest topics

» Do you trust Hino?
Vampire Knight Chapter 71 Raws pics + Translation - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2022 12:37 am by juliet

» Our Kaname is here!! Vampire Knight memories chapter 38
Vampire Knight Chapter 71 Raws pics + Translation - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2022 12:35 am by juliet

» Vampire knight Memories 38
Vampire Knight Chapter 71 Raws pics + Translation - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2022 4:18 am by juliet

» Where to Find Vampire Knight Memories Translation
Vampire Knight Chapter 71 Raws pics + Translation - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2022 1:29 am by juliet

» The Final Countdown
Vampire Knight Chapter 71 Raws pics + Translation - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2022 11:43 pm by juliet

» New VK Chapter is HERE!
Vampire Knight Chapter 71 Raws pics + Translation - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 11, 2017 7:42 am by lililovelilica

» Links for Other Vampire Knight Forums and Sites that you like and enjoy!!
Vampire Knight Chapter 71 Raws pics + Translation - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2016 7:25 pm by Saphira_K

» VK Memories CH 6!
Vampire Knight Chapter 71 Raws pics + Translation - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2016 6:13 pm by Saphira_K

» VK Memories
Vampire Knight Chapter 71 Raws pics + Translation - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2016 5:59 pm by Saphira_K

» New VK Chapter SPOILERS!
Vampire Knight Chapter 71 Raws pics + Translation - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2016 5:47 pm by Saphira_K

» New VK Bonus Ch!!
Vampire Knight Chapter 71 Raws pics + Translation - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2015 12:53 am by Saphira_K

» Translation of 'Fleeting Dreams'
Vampire Knight Chapter 71 Raws pics + Translation - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2015 2:20 am by Saphira_K

» Bunko Editions
Vampire Knight Chapter 71 Raws pics + Translation - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2015 2:18 am by Saphira_K

» New Vampire knight Extra
Vampire Knight Chapter 71 Raws pics + Translation - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2015 2:15 am by Saphira_K

» The Musical (Original and Revive)
Vampire Knight Chapter 71 Raws pics + Translation - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2015 2:40 am by Dreamiel

» NEW CHAPTER IN 2015?
Vampire Knight Chapter 71 Raws pics + Translation - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2015 12:16 am by Unknown00

» Newbie in the forum...
Vampire Knight Chapter 71 Raws pics + Translation - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2015 7:13 pm by aisan4494

» Who do you think Yuki loves more: Kaname or Zero?
Vampire Knight Chapter 71 Raws pics + Translation - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2015 7:09 pm by aisan4494

» Zeki or Yume?
Vampire Knight Chapter 71 Raws pics + Translation - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2015 7:04 pm by aisan4494

» So What will happen of Kaname?
Vampire Knight Chapter 71 Raws pics + Translation - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2015 6:25 pm by matei alina

We and the Youtube

Poll

would you like to read a sequel of vk?or is hino thinking of writing one?
Vampire Knight Chapter 71 Raws pics + Translation - Page 3 Bar_left59%Vampire Knight Chapter 71 Raws pics + Translation - Page 3 Bar_right 59% [ 24 ]
Vampire Knight Chapter 71 Raws pics + Translation - Page 3 Bar_left27%Vampire Knight Chapter 71 Raws pics + Translation - Page 3 Bar_right 27% [ 11 ]
Vampire Knight Chapter 71 Raws pics + Translation - Page 3 Bar_left15%Vampire Knight Chapter 71 Raws pics + Translation - Page 3 Bar_right 15% [ 6 ]

Total Votes : 41

Friends

Terry Candy

+13
Kara
sweetsolace
Knightmare
MGM
mariangie
Akaruisama
Kanamelover<3
KuranPrince
libra
Rose
nina
rumland
juliet
17 posters

Vampire Knight Chapter 71 Raws pics + Translation

juliet
    juliet
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Humor : Anytime...
    Warning ZoneVampire Knight Chapter 71 Raws pics + Translation - Page 3 Dropsoa

Vampire Knight Chapter 71 Raws pics + Translation - Page 3 Empty Vampire Knight Chapter 71 Raws pics + Translation

Post by juliet Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:55 pm

First topic message reminder :

Vampire Knight Chapter 71 raws.... Baidu follow the links...

some pics first mentioned in LJ

Adding: A translation was given by WitlessFool on Lj, posted in two parts; here we go...

Part 1

Part 2

and finally translation is here:
    http://www.mangareader.net/vampire-knight/71 thank you rumland!

Last edited by juliet on Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:37 am; edited 1 time in total

rumland
    Vampire Noble Class
    Vampire Noble Class

Vampire Knight Chapter 71 Raws pics + Translation - Page 3 Empty Re: Vampire Knight Chapter 71 Raws pics + Translation

Post by rumland Sat Apr 30, 2011 4:38 pm

He dosen't need to fall to level-e to lose control. It was stated from the very begining that zero needs to feed more then the normal vampires and we have also known for a long time that yuki is the one that sets off his hunger fits, when he see's her or even thinks about her. On top of that we see zero knocking back bottles of the tablets almost every time he is shown. I belive the hunger has some thing to do with his hunter side, sence the hunters seem to crave to hunt the vampires, it is possible that this is linked with the hunger in some way sence the hunters are derived from a vampire.

The deal with him needing to hunt nightly also gives a little weight to this. As for him falling to level-e and yuki wanting him to leave cause of it, well simply that is not how she is, if she thought he was falling she would want him as close to her as she can get him, so she could stop him before the hunters black list him.

But it is highly possible that a twin hunter vampire might be even worse then a level-e, we have never seen a level-e with powers close to a p-blood before.
    nina
    nina
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Humor : Black sarcasm

Vampire Knight Chapter 71 Raws pics + Translation - Page 3 Empty Re: Vampire Knight Chapter 71 Raws pics + Translation

Post by nina Sat Apr 30, 2011 6:29 pm

rumland wrote: He dosen't need to fall to level-e to lose control. It was stated from the very begining that zero needs to feed more then the normal vampires

Where is that stated? … I don’t remember it?

rumland wrote: I belive the hunger has some thing to do with his hunter side, sence the hunters seem to crave to hunt the vampires, it is possible that this is linked with the hunger in some way sence the hunters are derived from a vampire.

Well the hunters don’t crave for blood, they have a natural instinct if you like to hunt down vampires but they don’t have thirst fits. Zero on the other hand needs blood and one way to cool down his bloodlust is to hunt every night. It’s a bit different. Truth to be told though, he is a unique case as I said before.

rumland wrote: As for him falling to level-e and yuki wanting him to leave cause of it, well simply that is not how she is, if she thought he was falling she would want him as close to her as she can get him, so she could stop him before the hunters black list him.

No I didn’t say Yuuki want to leave him cuz he’s falling into level-e … on the contrary … if he is falling Yuuki has the bracelet to tame him … she won’t leave him, she will use it.

But the truth is she doesn’t want him to monitor her NC why? In fact when she is complaining about this to Cross, in her mind comes the incident with the wounded child, the escaped vampire and Zero’s image holding his neck, why? It’s logical for her to think that there lurks the possibility Zero becoming a level-e again. Now if she’s right on the mark or wrong I guess we’ll have to wait and see. ❓
    sweetsolace
    sweetsolace
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Humor : look in the mirror, you'll love it~ ;)
    Warning ZoneVampire Knight Chapter 71 Raws pics + Translation - Page 3 Drops5black

Post by sweetsolace Sat Apr 30, 2011 6:37 pm

juliet wrote:
    Now about Zero the question about him and the level-e arises again...there is Yuuki's references that he lost the vampire to his blood craving? correct me, if I am wrong, this is what I got from her sayings and that could be an answer to the previous two chapters where that vampire escapes. Why does she worry about him if he is through with the level-e?

yes yuki has been worried about him since she arrived at the association. I think Yuki cared how Zero was living his life, but as she made up her mind a year ago (she said she had no right to be worried about him) she keeps this thoughts to herself. But I think Yuki is wondering if he's doing all right, and at the back of her mind lurks this thought of his on-hold level e condition. It's been a lonnng while since Yuki stopped worrying for Zero in the first arc, that was when she fussed over her forgotten past. It was probably because she can sense whether he's troubled/distressed, so when Zero got kaname's blood and was stabilized Yuki can no longer sense he's troubled and stopped worrying for him, now i think Zero is feeling something that he's hiding so yuki worries for him again.

juliet wrote:
    Now I tend to have even more doubts and questions about his condition since Yuuki boosts up a bit that impression...I am a bit lost here again.
    If the blood effects him so much that he lost the vampire, is that an indication of him falling or an indication of him getting even more vampirish to resist to a meal? Dunno...sSig_DOH

nina wrote:Yes seems that Yuuki think Zero might falling again cuz he lost that vampire due to his thirst when the child’s blood spilt on his face. Also I think Zero doesn’t know that Yuuki saw the incident through the child’s memory! The question is does Yuuki know/sense/smell that he drank Shizuka’s blood, since her “nose” is very sensitive! (???) I mean how Sara could tell that he drank from Kurans hm?
    About the level-e issue …

I think Hino left that in the grey area on purpose … there are hints here and there which could serve both ways … a) Zero falling, b) Zero becomes more powerful due to his vampire side overcome the human side >>> more “vampirish” but stabilized ...

a) Hints for falling into level-e:

* He drank only by proxy the blood of his master Shizuka (through Kaname and Ichirou), but we don’t know yet if this was enough to save him permanently or temporary …

* He startled the horses, felt thirsty and he hides his eyes like when they turned red in the 1st arc.

* His thirst fits increasing.

* He’s losing control when smelled the child’s blood.

* The hunters also need to monitor him … Kaito is like his shadow …

* And most importantly Yuuki still has the bracelet why? In fact Hino emphasized to that bracelet from time to time and recently also. Furthermore Yuuki didn’t use that bracelet yet … I think this is an indication that she might need to use it in the future …

b) More vampirish …

* First of all Zero is a unique case … he is a twin from a powerful hunters lineage >>> became a vampire viz hunter and vampire together, he drank his master’s blood by proxy, he also drank from two Kurans their exceptional thick blood lol and he eventually “ate” his twin fragments! So who can predict his course? If there is someone who could know, that would be probably Kaname!

* We saw him in the beginning of the 2nd arc cracking the glass window only by his “aura” when he thought about Kaname. This “effect” we saw it also from Kaname (when he gets angry) and Yuuki when she awakes as a PB. So it might mean he grows stronger as a vampire.

* He is able to take the blood tablets … we haven’t see him rejects them currently.

* The scene with the paper cut … he healed rapidly!

* He felt thirsty when he was thinking/dreaming Yuuki (barn scene) and when he sensed her in the HA which might leads to his lack to catch the vampire >>> he lost his composure cuz he saw Yuuki.

* Zero’s words that the level-e thing is quite similar to vampire nature >>> craving for blood (something like that along the lines).

In overall Hino plays with that and she left the door open for both directions so far IMO … which one she’ll choose … ????

If I had to bet I’ll choose he will fall sometime in the future, mostly cuz of the bracelet

its possible that zero is growing stronger because he took ichiru's power.. plus all the pureblood blood mixed in his veins. however there is the unclear issue with why he does suffer even when he's not thinking of yuki
    http://manga.animea.net/vampire-knight-chapter-53-page-2.html
    http://manga.animea.net/vampire-knight-chapter-53-page-3.html
    vampires thirst naturally when they think of strong emotion, in here zero is not shown to think of yuki so i think its not natural for his thirst to suddenly appear like that, it looks like he's sweating and says "not enough" while panting... it reminds me of his struggle before he is suppressing his hunger for blood.
    zero is certainly more powerful now.... but considering the possibility he might be experiencing level e symptoms again this would make him more powerful.. at the expense of his sanity.

the bracelet, i believe, is not there for decorative purposes, yuki was still shown to be wearing it after the 1st arc it was even spared several panels, why would it still be shown, it keeps confirming my doubt that it will HAVE to be used somehow.. in the future.. and yuki bringing back the thought might just be the peek inside what Zero is keeping to himself...
    rumland
    rumland
    Vampire Noble Class
    Vampire Noble Class

Post by rumland Sat Apr 30, 2011 7:35 pm

kaname said it the time zero feed on him, when he said zero was more vampire then any vampire kaname has meet.

As for the craving I wasn't saying they graved blood, I was saying they craved hunting, well to a degree, and that might be linked to the blood craving some how.

As for the last part it will take a bit to reply to and I don't realy got the time to do it right now, I will get aback to you on it. Smile
    juliet
    juliet
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Post by juliet Sun May 01, 2011 2:00 am

@ Nina, thanks for reminding us the bracelet and for gathering all the points, until now all these vampire that becomes stronger-clues of heavily lusting for blood seemed contradictory to me..
    but

@Solace..here…
    it reminds me of his struggle before he is suppressing his hunger for blood.
    zero is certainly more powerful now.... but considering the possibility he might be experiencing level e symptoms again this would make him more powerful.. at the expense of his sanity.
    is right and I think that we can see it through the scans…

@Rum I think that some points about Zero’s condition can also be found here…notice the difference that you shall see in the translation listed below…

About Zero's hunter abilities, he united with Ichiru he became a powerful hunter..that's the one part, it's simple..

About being a vampire…(he has shown fear that his human side weakens due to the change while the vampire in him becomes more dominant)
    Vampire Knight Chapter 71 Raws pics + Translation - Page 3 552%2F59_12_UTDCG%2F7-ELHYG

Vampire Knight Chapter 71 Raws pics + Translation - Page 3 552%2F59_12_UTDCG%2F10-FGHRG

Zero refers to that missing a chance to hunt a pureblood and connects that with his vampire side, as Kaname had said before the ball, vampires do see purebloods as their preys.
    Vampire Knight Chapter 71 Raws pics + Translation - Page 3 552%2F59_12_UTDCG%2F11-GCXTU

Vampire Knight Chapter 71 Raws pics + Translation - Page 3 552%2F54_11_EFPLI%2F12-QBTEB

Sounds a bit spooky, what about Zero seeing Yuuki as his prey in the near future? Would that justify the use of the bracelet?

He also says that he does not remember how it was to be human…
    So it seems that there is a strong vampire in himself (that part that he hates), that he needs to feed and that vampire self is so strong indeed that in order to tame his blood lust Zero is facing some issues…

Excessive consumption of tablets
    Vampire Knight Chapter 71 Raws pics + Translation - Page 3 552%2F50_AXPJH%2F19

Go haunting (at least to keep himself occupied)
    Vampire Knight Chapter 71 Raws pics + Translation - Page 3 552%2F50_AXPJH%2F15

Vampire Knight Chapter 71 Raws pics + Translation - Page 3 552%2F50_AXPJH%2F16

It also creates problems with his work as we recently saw…

Now what is a level-e ?
    Vampire Knight Chapter 71 Raws pics + Translation - Page 3 552%2F7_EEOJE%2FVampire%20Knight%20v02%20c07%20-%2017

Vampire Knight Chapter 71 Raws pics + Translation - Page 3 552%2F7_EEOJE%2FVampire%20Knight%20v02%20c07%20-%2018

The vampires who have lost their control and cannot sustain their blood craving…attacking humans without discrimination. According to the pyramid Zero is a level D..as a former human, even if his powers are higher.

Now about the level-e issue, it is unclear, in the fanbook it says that a pureblood’s blood can prevent a level-d from falling to level-e…
    I wonder where is that line that he needs to take Shizuka’s blood especially in order to be saved…I cannot find it…if anyone has it in mind…
    Zero is not even sure himself…

Vampire Knight Chapter 71 Raws pics + Translation - Page 3 552%2F50_AXPJH%2F20

Note: In the officially translated volume by Viz, there is a slight change in the translation;
    Zero: If you are reffering to falling to Level-e, I think I feel better than I did before now that I have Ichiru’s blood in me. I received Shizuka’s blood through him too…But to be honest, I really do not know. There is always a thin line between vampires that used to be human and Level E’s right? They both dwell on the precipice between sanity and insanity… (also no mention of Him, implying Kaname).

So perhaps the one part is irrelevant to the other, meaning that in terms of physical strength due to great amounts of pure blood Zero has and the hunter genes from his brother, he can be physically strong but this is irrelevant to Zero’s ability to control his bloodlust as a former human.

So the stronger the vampire in him becomes the stronger it is going to be the bloodlust he shall experience…and the greatest efforts he shall need to sustain his hunger.

So falling to level-e does sound possible after all these…(and that justifies a part of Yuuki getting worried with the fact)or to state it better is seems possible for Zero to lose his sanity being unable to tame the bloodlust of that quite powerful vampire in him. What do you think?

Also have you noticed that crazy vampires are after human toddlers? This was not the first vampire who did it…

Also here…
    Vampire Knight Chapter 71 Raws pics + Translation - Page 3 552%2F50_AXPJH%2F17

there is a lot time now that Zero hunts certain vampires asking them to reveal their master but no luck until now…

Is this a coincidence? Or is there another boss around that we have not seen?
    One year before…
    Vampire Knight Chapter 71 Raws pics + Translation - Page 3 552%2F49_UVJEW%2FVK%2049%5C031

Another master who the vampire denies to reveal? Any ideas?

rumland
    rumland
    Vampire Noble Class
    Vampire Noble Class

Post by rumland Sun May 01, 2011 2:24 am

I think you might be missunderstanding kanames meaning of pray here, for kaname he was talking about feeding on a p-blood, all vampires look at them as pray cause they want there blood to feed on, with zero on the other hand he only wants to kill them, which in it's self it a taboo in the vampire world, kaname says zero makes him angry cause zero is able to bare his fangs at him when a vampire should try to run, as we have seen happen a few times, they run even from a weak p-blood like yuki (she is weak compaired to the others at this point).

zero is the only one it has confirmed that can resist and even break the control of the p-blood, it aparently has some thing to do with his hunter side. Still a little confused about that one.
    juliet
    juliet
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Post by juliet Sun May 01, 2011 2:48 am

rumland wrote:I think you might be missunderstanding kanames meaning of pray here, for kaname he was talking about feeding on a p-blood, all vampires look at them as pray cause they want there blood to feed on, with zero on the other hand he only wants to kill them, which in it's self it a taboo in the vampire world, kaname says zero makes him angry cause zero is able to bare his fangs at him when a vampire should try to run, as we have seen happen a few times, they run even from a weak p-blood like yuki (she is weak compaired to the others at this point).

zero is the only one it has confirmed that can resist and even break the control of the p-blood, it aparently has some thing to do with his hunter side. Still a little confused about that one.

No I am basing that at the scans that I provided above...
    Vampire Knight Chapter 71 Raws pics + Translation - Page 3 552%2F59_12_UTDCG%2F10-FGHRG

Vampire Knight Chapter 71 Raws pics + Translation - Page 3 552%2F59_12_UTDCG%2F11-GCXTU

Vampire Knight Chapter 71 Raws pics + Translation - Page 3 552%2F54_11_EFPLI%2F12-QBTEB

I can quote from them the exact phrases where Zero admits that he saw Sara as his prey, not in the hunter's way but in the vampirish way...and therefore is too late for him to talk about differences in races..

Zero: I wonder if there really is any chunk of humanity left inside me...I can't deny what happened...

even Kaito notices it...look at the last panel...

Vampire Knight Chapter 71 Raws pics + Translation - Page 3 552%2F59_12_UTDCG%2F7-ELHYG

I do not want my post to be misunderstood, this is not attack to Zero, it's a remark on the things He says and He admits that he saw that pureblood as his prey, apparently his vampire hunter nature worsens his intentions. Where I am wrong according to the things stated in the scans?

rumland
    rumland
    Vampire Noble Class
    Vampire Noble Class

Post by rumland Sun May 01, 2011 5:20 am

Looks like we took those pages in defrent ways, with the way I took it when a vampire choses his prey it means some one they want to feed on, I think we can both agree zero does not want to feed on sara.

As for zero talking about his humanity, he could easily be talking about the desire he has to kill the p-blood, he devoted him self to that entirely and zero is simply blameing it on the vampire side.

I belive we can both agree that the vampires and some humans want the p-bloods for there blood, which has been shown many times thru out the manga, on the other hand zero has no intrest in there blood, he just wants to kill them. Useing the word prey applys to both these as well. The word prey is just to describe the target, however the results are what I am trying to say are defrent here. On 1 group the result is the blood of the prey, on the other group the result is the life of the prey.
    Knightmare
    Knightmare
    Common Vampire
    Common Vampire

Humor : Satirical

Post by Knightmare Sun May 01, 2011 5:40 am

Is there anyway to spoilerise those images, put them behind a cut or just link to those, they make for hard to read posts. scratch

I don't get what Zero seeing vampires as his prey as to do with his level E. I'm sure I saw Kaname say that the vampires at the party saw the purebloods as their prey and they were just waiting to pounce on them.

Its Shizuka who says that Zero needs his master's blood to prevent him from falling to level E and after she dies, its the prez of the hunters who says that kuran's blood might be a good alternative without knowing that he drank Shizuka's blood.

sweetsolace
    sweetsolace
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Warning ZoneVampire Knight Chapter 71 Raws pics + Translation - Page 3 Drops5black

Post by sweetsolace Sun May 01, 2011 7:20 am

juliet wrote:
    So it seems that there is a strong vampire in himself (that part that he hates), that he needs to feed and that vampire self is so strong indeed that in order to tame his blood lust Zero is facing some issues…

Excessive consumption of tablets
    Vampire Knight Chapter 71 Raws pics + Translation - Page 3 552%2F50_AXPJH%2F19

Go haunting (at least to keep himself occupied)
    Vampire Knight Chapter 71 Raws pics + Translation - Page 3 552%2F50_AXPJH%2F15

Vampire Knight Chapter 71 Raws pics + Translation - Page 3 552%2F50_AXPJH%2F16

It also creates problems with his work as we recently saw…

The vampires who have lost their control and cannot sustain their blood craving…attacking humans without discrimination. According to the pyramid Zero is a level D..as a former human, even if his powers are higher.
    So perhaps the one part is irrelevant to the other, meaning that in terms of physical strength due to great amounts of pure blood Zero has and the hunter genes from his brother, he can be physically strong but this is irrelevant to Zero’s ability to control his bloodlust as a former human.

So the stronger the vampire in him becomes the stronger it is going to be the bloodlust he shall experience…and the greatest efforts he shall need to sustain his hunger.

So falling to level-e does sound possible after all these…(and that justifies a part of Yuuki getting worried with the fact)or to state it better is seems possible for Zero to lose his sanity being unable to tame the bloodlust of that quite powerful vampire in him. What do you think?
    This is exactly what I was thinking.... it is possible that Zero is indeed getting stronger, “more vampire” in a sense, hence his efforts to control his bloodlust also increases. WHY does he need to control it anyway?
    If Zero is stabilized from the Shizuka blood he received by proxy, shouldn’t this show? So why is it that even he himself doubts this, perhaps he can feel inside him that he’s not yet stable? Zero’s hatred for pbs or Zero’s hunger for Yuki’s blood seems rather a vague justification why he is STILL having those effects to the horses in the stables even without a trigger to accompany it, or why he looks like he is struggling to keep something in, or why he would need large amounts of blood tablets to keep him calm.
    I believe Zero’s vampire nature is growing stronger and stronger, and as a Level D (its safe to assume he is still a level D with everything going on with him) he didn’t have enough of his master’s blood (shizuka). I think Shizuka’s blood in Ichiru and Kaname’s had already been diluted, so when Zero took them, the amount of Shizuka blood to stabilize him completely was probably not enough. Zero is probably half or less than stabilized with Shizuka’s blood, it probably just nicked him, but Kuran blood (Kaname and Yuki’s) had delayed the effects to level E. As Kaname said his blood would “make the shadows of insanity grow farther”
    http://manga.animea.net/vampire-knight-chapter-30-page-41.html
    also, Kaname said something about the “interval between the Hunger”.
    http://manga.animea.net/vampire-knight-chapter-30-page-39.html
    Assuming Zero wasn’t stabilized by Shizuka’s blood by proxy, then his Hunger was growing shorter in the first arc, so Kaname gave him his blood to make it longer. Plus Zero bit Yuki before leaving her, her Kuran blood also served the same purpose as Kaname’s, so the “interval” probably lengthen to last him a year.
    Now I think that interval is growing shorter again, and I believe he will need Kuran blood soon or he’ll be having more hunger fits. He is also more vampire now, so his vampire nature to take blood is probably more stronger compared to the first arc.

juliet wrote:
    I wonder where is that line that he needs to take Shizuka’s blood especially in order to be saved…I cannot find it…if anyone has it in mind…
    Zero is not even sure himself…

Chapter 17
    Spoiler:

juliet wrote: Note: In the officially translated volume by Viz, there is a slight change in the translation;
    Zero: If you are reffering to falling to Level-e, I think I feel better than I did before now that I have Ichiru’s blood in me. I received Shizuka’s blood through him too…But to be honest, I really do not know. There is always a thin line between vampires that used to be human and Level E’s right? They both dwell on the precipice between sanity and insanity… (also no mention of Him, implying Kaname).
    lol! this is the reason why Hino is dragging some issues that needs to be addressed, like this for example... she shows it through Zero’s words that even Zero himself is not sure if he is fine/stabilized after taking Shizuka’s blood by proxy. Instead offers another explanation that it could all just be a matter that Level D and E experience...

juliet wrote: Also have you noticed that crazy vampires are after human toddlers? This was not the first vampire who did it…
    Also here…
    Vampire Knight Chapter 71 Raws pics + Translation - Page 3 552%2F50_AXPJH%2F17

there is a lot time now that Zero hunts certain vampires asking them to reveal their master but no luck until now…

Is this a coincidence? Or is there another boss around that we have not seen?
    One year before…
    Vampire Knight Chapter 71 Raws pics + Translation - Page 3 552%2F49_UVJEW%2FVK%2049%5C031

Another master who the vampire denies to reveal? Any ideas?

Good point.... lol what kind of pureblood kidnaps human toddlers I wonder, and what for? And did Zero report this to the hunter’s association so they can look into it deeper? It should be enough to be report-able, since 2 incidents like this already happened and it is UNUSUAL.. And also you remember Zero’s target vampire who kidnapped the girl toddler, he seemed to recognize Yuki.
    http://manga.animea.net/vampire-knight-chapter-70-page-6.html
    could it be he saw her before? And why does he say “in a place like this”? probably he wasn’t expecting to see a pureblood like Yuki in a hunter’s bar.. but I wonder where he saw her?

Knightmare wrote:
    Its Shizuka who says that Zero needs his master's blood to prevent him from falling to level E and after she dies, its the prez of the hunters who says that kuran's blood might be a good alternative without knowing that he drank Shizuka's blood.
    Well Shizuka does know how Zero can be saved, and I don’t think she has any reason to lie. Zero didn’t get Shizuka’s blood directly, he got it by proxy and it’s probably diluted already so the effect is perhaps less than what is desired. Nothing to do with anybody not knowing he got Shizuka’s blood indirectly, if Yuki doesn’t know he did, I don’t think that changes the hunger episodes Zero is apparently experiencing.
    mariangie
    mariangie
    Pureblood Vampire
    Pureblood Vampire

Humor : Mad Doctor

Post by mariangie Sun May 01, 2011 8:10 am

About which type of blood vampires like :

The person from which vampires likes most their blood ( in descending order ) :

1 - a pureblood vampire blood

2 - the person a vampire loves the most

3 - from a baby or young child ( human )

So it would not be rare for a Level E to seek small child as their victims . Not only their blood is tasty for them , also they are easier to get ; than finding their true love or getting to drink from a pureblood .

But maybe there is another reason for the rampage vampires trying to capture little kids . An unknown pureblood could be behind it ( Maybe Touma's sister ????????? ) ❓

As sweetsolace had say , I don't think Shizuka was capable of lying to Yuuki / Zero when she said to them her blood can stabilize Zero as a Level D . She was crazy , but has not the look of a liar .

As I said several times before , I think Zero would fall to Level E . There are many instances to insinuate this . During chapters 4 - 5 , Zero had make Yuuki promise him to kill him if he descend to Level E . Nothing had happen yet for Yuuki even requiring to recall again this promise make twice so early in the plot . Highly suspicious . There also the scene of the start chapter 5 , when was demostrated the use of Yuuki's bracelet and Zero's tattoo as a spell to inmobilize Zero ( similar to Kagome's sit spell with Inuyasha's bead collar ) . Other well explained event that had no use yet . I don't think she give the bracelet to Yuuki just for her remembering Zero . And Zero's tattoo for him look sexy . I believe the bracelet / tattoo spell would have a great importance near the end of V . K. Maybe Yuuki would have to use it to stop Zero when at last began his final transformation to Level E .

there is no enough evidence to suggest Zero had actually being stabilized by Shizuka's blood by proxy . He and Kaien have doubts about this . Because probably there is no precedent of a Level D vampire drinking his / her vampire master blood by proxy . Even more , most probably there is no precedent of a Level D vampire that could get to drink blood from a pureblood that wasn't his / her master and survive . So they only know Zero was temporary stabilized by Kaname and Yuuki's blood . but they are not sure if Zero is permanently stabilized yet . Furthermore , Sara said she smelled Kaname and Yuuki's blood from Zero . No mention of Shizuka's smell on Zero from her nor Yuuki .

Kaname had taken blood from several purebloods before giving his blood to Zero / Yuuki . At least from Rido , most probable from Haruka and Juuri , baby Kaname ( Yuuki's dead baby brother ) , Shizuka . Maybe the list is more large . But neither Yuuki nor Zero appear to have gain any powers from Rido , Haruka nor Juuri . Nor Yuuki appear to gain any Shizuka's power after drinking from Kaname . I could not discart yet Zero gaining any Shizuka's power from the blood / flesh he devoured from Ichiru .

Basically a Level E or The End vampire is a human vampire who has lost all his humanity . That became a mad beast , without control of his / her impulses . Maybe humans that become Level E turn mad ; as their minds can't handle the changes their new vampire body impose to them .

For Zero his higher feart is to lose his humanity and became a vampire beast . I don't think this part had changed from the start of the manga .

During the second arc there are several times Zero is losing his control . Showing signs of becoming less human . The last obvious one was the time Zero was hunting a vampire that took a little girl . When the girl was hurt and bleed , Zero lost control for a while . Letting escape the vampire . Maybe even trying to attack the little girl ( this part I'm only speculating ) and Kaito having to recue the girl from Zero to avoid him attacking her . Others have being posted here by other members .

Now Yuuki remaining us of the possibility of Zero falling to Level E or The End ( she uses both Level "E" and " The End " words in English at chapter 71 raws ) ; maybe implies the time Zero could fall to Level E is near .

mariangie
    mariangie
    Pureblood Vampire
    Pureblood Vampire

Post by mariangie Sun May 01, 2011 8:32 am

Cont.

Other isssue to consider is : if Zero really is going to fall to Level E ; how would be his final destiny ?? ❓

Some could argue he's going to die .

Maybe some could say Yuuki is going to give her blood to him and make him stable again .

Maybe there is a solution I can't imagine .

But I'm more inclined to believe Zero will live at the end of V .K. That he will return to human with the same spell thst Juuri's turned Yuuki as human when she was a child . I know this is not a popular view . But for now is the solution I can visualize more .
    Knightmare
    Knightmare
    Common Vampire
    Common Vampire

Post by Knightmare Sun May 01, 2011 10:24 am

TL;DR

But yeah, Yuuki and Zero could get together and she just feeds him forever. Or they don't and Zero eventually dies sooner rather than later, but unless another 10 years passes in the story, we won't get to see that. Even if they don't get together, Yuuki won't let Zero fall to level E any time soon even if she has to gag him and force feed him her blood.

Bet Yuuki is just saying that cos she's totally depressed about her own problems, Kaname leaving her and people hating her idea. I think its kinda cruel the NC kids leave her in the lurch like that, even Aidou doesn't go along with her, no wonder she has such a sad face at the end.
    nina
    nina
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Post by nina Sun May 01, 2011 2:17 pm

Title of my post … “While I was sleeping lol” hahaha … so many good points and NEW theories!!!

So to sum up … if I understood correctly you believe (Juliet, sweetsolace & mariangie lol), that is possible Zero growing stronger in powers terms while synchronously experiencing symptoms of level-e transformation!? Mmm it could be since the clues about his condition are sort of controversial … As I said Zero is a “case study” … nobody seems to know how he’ll develop … how the 3 natures inside him (human, hunter, vampire) will combine and how or if the hunter nature can affect positive or negative his vampirism and vice versa.
    I mean it’s a FACT that as a born hunter he has vampire’s genes and after Shizouka’s bite that side of him reinforced on expense of his human nature/genes.

Good parallelism Juliet with Kaname’s description of vampire’s society structure with Zero’s own words and Kaito’s observations!

1st parallelism:

Zero: “An excuse for me to hunt a PB … Finally I’ll be able to have my PREY”
    Kaname: “For them (> vampires) we’re the most desirable PREY that exists …”

So Zero has the same desire/view like vampires >>> the PBs as a prey …

Now as rumland pointed out before Zero could mean he want to hunt them as a hunter so …

… the question here is … does he want just to hunt them down viz killed them only; ( since he is well known for his hatred towards the PBs) OR he also want to catch them for their blood ????

Same doubts seems to have also Kaito …

2nd parallelism

Kaito: “Don’t show me again that face … the face of a vampire who missed catching his PREY … and who saw his victim escape him before he could make a MEAL OF IT or something …” (from juliet’s posts)

>Also another remark from Kaito …

http://www.mangareader.net/104-47679-23/vampire-knight/chapter-58.html

… last panels “ That urgent need to rush out after the PREY … is it just DEDICATION to your job? … OR is it that you’re hoping to be repaid with their BLOOD … ???

>Sara also seems to questioning his motive … here …

http://www.mangareader.net/104-47679-28/vampire-knight/chapter-58.html

“I can see in your eyes how you’re burning to kill PBs … but although neither you or the ones around you seem to have realized your whole body reeks with the smell of the PBs blood …”

Well here Sara only implies that he wants blood but all the clues together point at the same direction …

So here maybe lurks the answer … plus the fact that Kaito is also a hunter who “hates” the vampires, he even killed his own brother (a level –e) and he can’t distinguish if Zero’s attitude flows from his hatred OR from his desire for the most desirable thing that exists for VAMPIRES … the blood of the PBs … (mariangie made an excellent rank before!)

Also take a note from some additional pic from Zero … it might be linked with this particular conversation of his development or not but I think it is …

http://www.mangareader.net/104-2166-31/vampire-knight/chapter-40.html

Zero’s “shadow” as a monster when his “unique nature” was fully awaked after he devoured his brother’s fragments and Kaname’s blood!
    What mean this “monster” of his????

sweetsolace
    sweetsolace
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Post by sweetsolace Sun May 01, 2011 2:33 pm

Knightmare wrote:
    But yeah, Yuuki and Zero could get together and she just feeds him forever. Or they don't and Zero eventually dies sooner rather than later, but unless another 10 years passes in the story, we won't get to see that. Even if they don't get together, Yuuki won't let Zero fall to level E any time soon even if she has to gag him and force feed him her blood.

this is another alternative I can see happening, although not now... because eventually Yuki has to use the bracelet to tame Zero, and that can only happen if he loses it. and i can also see this happening if Kaname will allow it or yuki's guilt will be undermined by her care for Zero and let him drink her blood. Another thing is that Zero several times expressed his desire to die, he had kept the small pistol under his pillow (the one yuki gave him in first arc to be used if he loses himself), so this might make him extra reluctant for his life to be prolonged. I hope he finds some purpose in life to continue living though

Knightmare wrote:Bet Yuuki is just saying that cos she's totally depressed about her own problems, Kaname leaving her and people hating her idea. I think its kinda cruel the NC kids leave her in the lurch like that, even Aidou doesn't go along with her, no wonder she has such a sad face at the end.

I've never actually seen Yuki more determined than she is right now. cheers She is determined to set the nightclass despite the disapproval of the nobles, she feels protective over her nightclass project and felt disdain for the hunters who went to guard her. She thinks about Zero and what she thinks is that he should move on from the past (lol! that must really slapped hard..) and that their views will never meet. I see a more realistic Yuki right now, finally moving forward against the odds.

Last edited by sweetsolace on Sun May 01, 2011 2:40 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : additional reply)
    Knightmare
    Knightmare
    Common Vampire
    Common Vampire

Post by Knightmare Sun May 01, 2011 3:02 pm

[quote="sweetsolace"]
    Knightmare wrote:
    I've never actually seen Yuki more determined than she is right now. cheers She is determined to set the nightclass despite the disapproval of the nobles, she feels protective over her nightclass project and felt disdain for the hunters who went to guard her. She thinks about Zero and what she thinks is that he should move on from the past (lol! that must really slapped hard..) and that their views will never meet. I see a more realistic Yuki right now, finally moving forward against the odds.

Hmm, dunno. Yuuki kinda seemed like she was snapping out at Zero with her "he's gonna hate what I'm doing" it didn't seem like Yuuki. Oh I know Yuuki is determined though and I think that's is fantastic. I really like her going through with it and struggling, her determination shows in that she's continuing whether anyone is on her side or not. Which is why I was a little sad that the night class don't see that and chose not to go on that mission. Also, it feels like its going to take a while before they actually do see things like she does, so much time, that I expect Kaname will come to her before she ever actually manages to start going after him.

"Zero: “An excuse for me to hunt a PB … Finally I’ll be able to have my PREY”
    Kaname: “For them (> vampires) we’re the most desirable PREY that exists …”"
    I still don't get the significance of whether Zero is thinking of them as prey because he's a hunter or a vampire. hunters are the product of a vampire and have vampire DNA, the hunter curse is because they devour each other, it all derives from the same thing. So what is the significance?

I think you all might put a little too much weight to these words anyway when you're at the mercy of the translators whims. I was curious and in my book, Kaname doesn't use the word prey at all, though in the scanlation he does. In the book, he calls them "bait" and they can use it against the vampires and says "[they] are far more fascinating than any human children or even their own beloved partners..." fascinating? really? the translation baffles me.

Kaito is a adorable by the way, Zero is a vampire and one he already said he doesn't trust, what else does he expect but for Zero to react like a vampire? Nevermind I already know he just wants to provoke Zero.
    sweetsolace
    sweetsolace
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Post by sweetsolace Sun May 01, 2011 3:25 pm

Knightmare wrote:
    Hmm, dunno. Yuuki kinda seemed like she was snapping out at Zero with her "he's gonna hate what I'm doing" it didn't seem like Yuuki. Oh I know Yuuki is determined though and I think that's is fantastic. I really like her going through with it and struggling, her determination shows in that she's continuing whether anyone is on her side or not. Which is why I was a little sad that the night class don't see that and chose not to go on that mission. Also, it feels like its going to take a while before they actually do see things like she does, so much time, that I expect Kaname will come to her before she ever actually manages to start going after him.

is the bolded part from chapter 71? because from what I understand in a translation I trust is that not ALL the nightclass abandoned her, Maria and some others choose to go with her. Perhaps you based on someone else's translation? If that's the case, may I know where you got this info from?

"snapping" at Zero when she said that? :lol: do you remember that was in her thoughts, and she was calm when she thought of it... Are you actually suggesting that now Yuki is venting her "depression" to Zero because he was there with her??? LOL that's incredibly OOC of her! Surprised I believe Yuki's actions are very much in tune with the current events especially with Zero, she knows and understands him best of all so she knows what she will do will contradict his views...she has no false hope that he will eventually understand her, I dont think she is that optimistic about him after his cold interactions towards her of late, so her expectation of him is just as well.

I still don't get the significance of whether Zero is thinking of them as prey because he's a hunter or a vampire. hunters are the product of a vampire and have vampire DNA, the hunter curse is because they devour each other, it all derives from the same thing. So what is the significance?

its in hunter's blood to have the hateful instinct towards vampires. But only hunter Zero has this perception of seeing vampires as preys, Kaito notices this and was assigned to watch over him so he doesn't do anything drastic. I think this speaks for itself that Zero has an overbearing hatred towards purebloods to view them as preys and could get him in trouble. I also think he said that because he is more vampire now than he was before, his hateful instinct had probably increased tenfold and he is a hunter......
    nina
    nina
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Post by nina Sun May 01, 2011 7:12 pm

knightmare wrote: "Zero: “An excuse for me to hunt a PB … Finally I’ll be able to have my PREY”

Yes isn’t clear if Zero is driven by his hatred or cuz his vampire side takes over him … yet I and the others just we have used mostly Kaito’s words/doubts about Zero’s behavior …

Kaito as a hunter himself finds Zero’s attitude quite different from his why? … also the other hunters have questions about his stability and therefore he is obligated to have a partner all the time while hunting!
    Yes the hunters have an instinct to track and hunt down vampires but not an uncontrollably desire to kill them just to cool down! Zero’s desire for hunting is “similar to a blood impulse that can only be understood by a vampire” (>> Zero’s own words). So the difference between him and the other hunters is obvious.

knightmare wrote: Kaito is a adorable by the way, Zero is a vampire and one he already said he doesn't trust, what else does he expect but for Zero to react like a vampire? Nevermind I already know he just wants to provoke Zero

But when Kaito said these words …

“ That urgent need to rush out after the PREY … is it just DEDICATION to your job? … OR is it that you’re hoping to be repaid with their BLOOD … ???

… Zero was already gone! Most likely Kaito expressed his mind loudly, I don’t think that in the particular scene he wanted to provoke/test Zero … his doubts/worries were genuine.
    juliet
    juliet
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Post by juliet Sun May 01, 2011 7:22 pm

Looks like we took those pages in defrent ways, with the way I took it when a vampire choses his prey it means some one they want to feed on, I think we can both agree zero does not want to feed on sara.As for zero talking about his humanity, he could easily be talking about the desire he has to kill the p-blood, he devoted himself to that entirely and zero is simply blaming it on the vampire side.

If I insist in this, is because this is the way is portrayed; Zero describes viewing Sara as his prey, Kaito scolds him about this…Zero admits that it is too late for that; “That feeling, so similar to a blood impulse is something that can only be understood by a vampire”.
    Not a hunter, a vampire…what feeling?

The one he mentions above...

“Finally I would be able to have my prey, the anticipation of the pleasure it would be…the delight of that idea actually sends shivers, through my body, that was undeniably me.” So is that a hunter instinct?

No, that’s a vampire instinct that he is talking about and to his condition (lol) he is a vampire, is quite normal. It seems that vampires in general (like the ones at the ball, coming from the lower ranks and some humans also), do consider, as you also said (and some humans) the purebloods, as a luxurious treat due to the thickness, the quality and the superior properties of their blood. Since Zero is a level-d vampire and since we see that he has become quite strong (so he must need a lot of energy) why should he be an exception to the rule?

Kaito disssaproves of Zero’s face and scolds him, “I do not want to see that face again…the face of a vampire that lost his meal”…but Kaito profoundly fails to understand that Zero is a vampire (not a human like Kaito). Zero’s answers to that is that is too late to speak of differences. So isn’t all this dialogue a proof that Zero is becoming more of a vampire (thinking and blood lusting as one?)

he just wants to kill them. Using the word prey applys to both these as well. The word prey is just to describe the target, however the results are what I am trying to say are defrent here. On 1 group the result is the blood of the prey, on the other group the result is the life of the prey.

Zero combines the two traits together. Hunter+Vampire=Kill+Prey, it is quite logical if you think his dual nature that such a result would satisfy both of his sides.
    As a hunter, Zero controls his hate “asking for a legal excuse”, as a vampire Zero resists his urges with consumption of tablets and exercising his hunting traits. So he acts reasonable in both cases. But whereas his hunter side is under control, it is his vampirish side that makes us wonder if and for how long he will be capable to suppress.

Solace here made a very good point;

As Kaname said his blood would “make the shadows of insanity grow farther”
    http://manga.animea.net/vampire-knight-chapter-30-page-41.html
    also, Kaname said something about the “interval between the Hunger”.
    http://manga.animea.net/vampire-knight-chapter-30-page-39.html
    Assuming Zero wasn’t stabilized by Shizuka’s blood by proxy, then his Hunger was growing shorter in the first arc, so Kaname gave him his blood to make it longer. Plus Zero bit Yuki before leaving her, her Kuran blood also served the same purpose as Kaname’s, so the “interval” probably lengthen to last him a year.
    Now I think that interval is growing shorter again, and I believe he will need Kuran blood soon or he’ll be having more hunger fits.

I will agree with her and I will also add Mariangies comment in here:
    During the second arc there are several times Zero is losing his control . Showing signs of becoming less human . The last obvious one was the time Zero was hunting a vampire that took a little girl . When the girl was hurt and bleed , Zero lost control for a while . Letting escape the vampire . Maybe even trying to attack the little girl ( this part I'm only speculating ) and Kaito having to recue the girl from Zero to avoid him attacking her . Others have being posted here by other members .

Now isn’t that the picture of a vampire that tries to resists his blood cravings? And his vampire side intensifies that much that becomes a trouble in his hunter job?

I don't get what Zero seeing vampires as his prey as to do with his level E.

They are separated. One thing is that he is a vampire (Level D) and another thing is that he may fall to level-e. But the question is since Zero’s vampirish side is becoming more and more powerful (mentioned of the incidents above that the girls showed), Zero may lose the control of the beast inside him.

A picture of the beast as Nina pinpointed;
    http://www.mangareader.net/104-2166-31/vampire-knight/chapter-40.html

Zero’s “shadow” as a monster when his “unique nature” was fully awaked after he devoured his brother’s fragments and Kaname’s blood!

The incident with a girl (where he lost the control of the situation) can be considered an indication of his fight with that part of himself (when the blood lust occurs). If he can not handle it, if his vampire side becomes more dominant and stronger than what he can handle, he may fall to level-e. I hope that explains the main idea of this…

Is there anyway to spoilerise those images, put them behind a cut or just link to those, they make for hard to read posts.
    Yes sorry, too lazy, I shall keep it in mind..for the next posts…

Also thanks here for the mention and Solace for the scan provided (I was lost through all these pages).

This is exactly what I was thinking.... it is possible that Zero is indeed getting stronger, “more vampire” in a sense, hence his efforts to control his bloodlust also increases. WHY does he need to control it anyway?
    If Zero is stabilized from the Shizuka blood he received by proxy, shouldn’t this show? So why is it that even he himself doubts this, perhaps he can feel inside him that he’s not yet stable? Zero’s hatred for pbs or Zero’s hunger for Yuki’s blood seems rather a vague justification why he is STILL having those effects to the horses in the stables even without a trigger to accompany it, or why he looks like he is struggling to keep something in, or why he would need large amounts of blood tablets to keep him calm.

Apparently he is not that stabilized as I at least thought in the first place, there are ups and downs, there is his effort to control his bloodlust and his desire to prey upon. He is struggling it.

Good point.... lol what kind of pureblood kidnaps human toddlers I wonder, and what for? And did Zero report this to the hunter’s association so they can look into it deeper? It should be enough to be report-able, since 2 incidents like this already happened and it is UNUSUAL.. And also you remember Zero’s target vampire who kidnapped the girl toddler, he seemed to recognize Yuki.
    http://manga.animea.net/vampire-knight-chapter-70-page-6.html
    could it be he saw her before? And why does he say “in a place like this”? probably he wasn’t expecting to see a pureblood like Yuki in a hunter’s bar.. but I wonder where he saw her?

So it would not be rare for a Level E to seek small child as their victims . Not only their blood is tasty for them , also they are easier to get ; than finding their true love or getting to drink from a pureblood.. But maybe there is another reason for the rampage vampires trying to capture little kids . An unknown pureblood could be behind it ( Maybe Touma's sister ????????? )

@Solace we share the same questions, these two vampires were already at the list of the hunter’s, so Zero was under a task at that moment.
    @Mariangie you are right..toddlers are a nice meal (LOL) for them, certainly but notice also that Zero is seeking for a master because profoundly the level-e (four in total until now that we have seen he was persecuting) did not become level-e on their own. You could blame anyone for this but the thing is that the three first denied to reveal their master…so that means that he/she is alive. Not a pureblood that has descended, but one alive they protect with their silence. Now about the toddlers, it’s hard to say if the vampires kidnapped them for their use, the word “kidnapped” has the meaning that they were transferred elsewhere. We shall see, perhaps Zero has more aces to his sleeves than what we know about this investigation.

if I understood correctly you believe (Juliet, sweetsolace & mariangie lol), that is possible Zero growing stronger in powers terms while synchronously experiencing symptoms of level-e transformation!? Mmm it could be since the clues about his condition are sort of controversial … As I said Zero is a “case study” … nobody seems to know how he’ll develop … how the 3 natures inside him (human, hunter, vampire) will combine and how or if the hunter nature can affect positive or negative his vampirism and vice versa.

Yes the idea is (that first Solace threw and I adopted LOL) that the stronger the vampire in Zero will become, the more dominant, the more trouble Zero will have pushing or keeping control this nature, because apparently he is a level-d, he balances between hunger and control and the thing that remains to see is how he is going to resist to his vampire urges.

I think you all might put a little too much weight to these words anyway when you're at the mercy of the translators whims. I was curious and in my book, Kaname doesn't use the word prey at all, though in the scanlation he does. In the book, he calls them "bait" and they can use it against the vampires and says "[they] are far more fascinating than any human children or even their own beloved partners..." fascinating? really? the translation baffles me.

What book is that? I do not have vol.12 so if you could supply the exact lines, it could be helpful. With all that said by Zero himself and Kaito, I think that there is no doubt, or space for a mistake done, even if exempt Kaname’s words. If you look at the scans at the ball, how the vampires view Yuuki, the picture talk by themself.

Butthat idea is also common in Vampire Knight..see Yuuri and Haruka keeping Yuuki's presence as secret ect.

Again this is not an exaggeration but an observation; Zero is a vampire, isn’t that a natural vampire need as it is presented? The debate here is for how long he will be able to control it and at what degree it has already started to affect him?
    And what about the tattoo, the bracelet that the girls mentioned? are there for decorative reasons?

Then the next logical question to assume is that isn't Yuuki the profoundly number one prey for Zero?
    1. She is a pureblood... (vampires lust for pureblood's blood)
    2. He is supposed to be in love with her. (his thirst can only be satisfied through her)
    And the only real excuse that he could have to prey upon her ( excluding the scenario where Zeki happens), it would be for him to lost control over his insticts (as his vampire side gets stronger). What could be a relief for him at the future? I wonder...

rumland
    rumland
    Vampire Noble Class
    Vampire Noble Class

Post by rumland Sun May 01, 2011 11:23 pm

Wow juliet long post lol, I kinda skipped a few lines there at the end so dont get mad if I mention some thing in them.

KK the blood lust you kinda hit what I was trying to mention, as a vampire hunter vampire zero has 2 erges, the erge to hunt and kill the vampires and the erge to hunt for blood when he is hungered, what I failed to put into words is I belive these 2 erges merged into 1, so he can sub 1 for the other.
    As for the tablets, we dont realy know how long he has been taking them like he is, it is possible he takes 1 bottle a day, we just dont have proff for the ones way or another cause it shows him takeing a bottle the first time it shows him after the time skip. So I dont belive it is right to say the intervals between feeding has grown shorter.
    All we realy know is they seem to hit him after some sort of contact with yuki, be it in person or thinking or even dreaming, like at the barn, he was asleep when the hordes started to freak, he is often shown there dreaming about yuki, so it is possible that is the cause for that one.

These are just my thoughts on the matter, but people keep refering to zero as a vampire and a human, howeverf vampire hunters are not actualy human. Zero is also not exacly the normal level-d ether, simply put how many level-d's can kill a p-blood.

Now with all thats going on we are brought back to yuki and the bracelet, first thing I find wrong here, why would cross allow yuki to wear an object that will subdue the guarden of the event, it is a little weird to me, just thought I would put that out there.
    But to get back to the point yuki might just have the braclet incase a vampire trys to pick a fight with zero, he isn't exacly easy to control.

As for the child, I doubt zero would lose control to the point of attacking a child, takeing zero into account he probily handed the child over and ether went to drink the tablets or to search for the vampire that escaped.

You guys latly have only been seeing the worst in zero, mentioning the worst possible things that could happen, I can almost guarenty you if I were to say the same things about kaname I would have at least 3 people pissed at me lol

I wont completly dissmiss that the things mentioned could happen, cause any thing could happen, however there are other options to be considered as well. Not every thing has to resort to zero falling to level-e.

As an example, when kaname was awoken do you remember why he reverted him self to the state of a baby? It was because his hunger was about to hit him and take over, which if would have happem he would have killed rido, yuri and yuki's dad (sorry for the life of me I just can't seem to remember his name). Now it is some thing like that that I belive is happening to zero, his hunger is trying to take over, this dosen't mean he us becomeing level-e, it is just some thing that happens when you don't feed. Now we know the tablets help with the hunger, however I dont think they can actualy stop it, at least in zero's case most of the time cause it seems his love for yuki is what is causeing it, so it is possible she is the only one that can actualy satisfy his hunger.
    Vampire Knight Chapter 71 Raws pics + Translation - Page 3 552%2F30_IOSJQ%2FVampire_Knight_ch30_45-46
    It is weird that zero needs to feed so much, and the only real defrences between him and others is he is a vampire hunter/twin. Did they ever reveal the complete myth of the twins born to vampire hunters? I know the basic parts but there has to be more to it then that. 1 twin devoures the other in the womb, only zero was to soft and only devoured half. But how does the rest of the myth go.
    mariangie
    mariangie
    Pureblood Vampire
    Pureblood Vampire

Post by mariangie Mon May 02, 2011 12:29 am

Knightmare wrote:TL;DR

Bet Yuuki is just saying that cos she's totally depressed about her own problems, Kaname leaving her and people hating her idea. I think its kinda cruel the NC kids leave her in the lurch like that, even Aidou doesn't go along with her, no wonder she has such a sad face at the end.

If Yuuki just feed Zero her blood until the time he is supposed to die as an old vampire ; no advance in plot would be gain . Because the conflict of Zero's fear to lose his humanity would end . So his story ends when she offers her blood for the time he needs it . I find this a very boring ending for Zero .

You're right that Yuuki would not allow Zero to fall to Level E . If she can help him . But I don't see how she giving her blood every X amount of time would stabilize him enough for him having a normal live with her . I think drinking from one pureblood to stabilize for a while functions just once . So Zero had to get a new pureblood to drink for . Or find another way for stabilizing him .

The only ten years ( or more ) period of time I'm expect to see is if a epilogue is written at the end of V. K. Showing how the coexistance between both vampires and humans had succeded . Maybe a scene with the offsprings of the former Night Class members and Yuuki's ( maybe her son and / or daughter with Kaname ) .

About the NC kids leaving Yuuki alone . Some of the previous NC members had agree to help her with hunting bersek vampires . I don't know which translation you read . Actually I read at other forum a similar argument . Maybe you read from the same source . I don't think Yuuki leave alone the Academy just because the others abandon her . Probably Yuuki had her own agenda . One she needs to perform alone . Maybe she didn't want anybody to be with her ( looking for Kaname ????????????? ) . She could be sad because she doesn't know how nor where was Kaname . Nor what are his intentions . Nor why he he killed Aido - dono .

[quote="Knightmare"]
    sweetsolace wrote:
    Knightmare wrote:

Kaito is a adorable by the way, Zero is a vampire and one he already said he doesn't trust, what else does he expect but for Zero to react like a vampire? Nevermind I already know he just wants to provoke Zero.

Sweetsolace is right about her impression of Yuuki . Even she knows she is not the brightest of pureblood vampires , she is starting to make choices of her own . Accepting the consequenses of them . But she is not really alone . She has allies with her as Aido , Maria , Shiki and Rima . She get a full new Night Class . Filled with nobles vampires who are expecting things from her .Get a bunch of noble vampires who agree her to hunt bersek vampires . She is starting to try to show her value to both hunters and vampire's society .

But I think she also needs time to resolve her personal problems . I don't believe she wants anybody interfere when she try to get answers from Kaname . This is just she and him alone . She had said several times at the last few chapters about her need to find Kaname . Maybe now is the time for doing so .

During this chapter , Yuuki probably decided as Zero don't allow her near , she would try to keep her distance . If that is what makes him happy . She is also worried about what she saw at the little girl's memories . That he really is starting to fall again to Level E . But as has no way to corroborate , she kept these doubts to herself for the time being .

Zero has extreme control of himself . He could control himself for a little more than 4 years . From being bitten by Shizuka . To become a vampire . To almost fall to Level E the first time . He had regained control of his humanity for a year more . Now he is presenting episodes of what can be called bloodlust fits , But they appear to be instances of him losing his humanity again . Equal to descending again to Level E or The End .

As I said before . Pureblood vampires are the most seek and valued blood and flesh of both humans and vampires . Not only because their taste is the best . But because of the gamble to get a power - up . So much , in some circles , humans could pay anything at the black market for getting some pureblood's blood and / or flesh . As the previous Hunter's President get as a Vampire Senate favor . I don't think most purebloods allowed themselves to give their blood / flesh to others .

For me Kaito is not provoking Zero . He is probably the hunter nearest to Zero . Maybe the one that knows him best . I believe he is really worry about Zero losing control . He probably was the one who had to save the little kid from Zero's attack to her ( I'm speculating this . No evidence as not the full scene shown . ) . Maybe that was why Kaito didn't answer Yuuki's questions about Zero's well being .
    mariangie
    mariangie
    Pureblood Vampire
    Pureblood Vampire

Post by mariangie Mon May 02, 2011 12:45 am

rumland wrote:Wow juliet long post lol, I kinda skipped a few lines there at the end so dont get mad if I mention some thing in them.

KK the blood lust you kinda hit what I was trying to mention, as a vampire hunter vampire zero has 2 erges, the erge to hunt and kill the vampires and the erge to hunt for blood when he is hungered, what I failed to put into words is I belive these 2 erges merged into 1, so he can sub 1 for the other.
    As for the tablets, we dont realy know how long he has been taking them like he is, it is possible he takes 1 bottle a day, we just dont have proff for the ones way or another cause it shows him takeing a bottle the first time it shows him after the time skip. So I dont belive it is right to say the intervals between feeding has grown shorter.
    All we realy know is they seem to hit him after some sort of contact with yuki, be it in person or thinking or even dreaming, like at the barn, he was asleep when the hordes started to freak, he is often shown there dreaming about yuki, so it is possible that is the cause for that one.

These are just my thoughts on the matter, but people keep refering to zero as a vampire and a human, howeverf vampire hunters are not actualy human. Zero is also not exacly the normal level-d ether, simply put how many level-d's can kill a p-blood.

Now with all thats going on we are brought back to yuki and the bracelet, first thing I find wrong here, why would cross allow yuki to wear an object that will subdue the guarden of the event, it is a little weird to me, just thought I would put that out there.
    But to get back to the point yuki might just have the braclet incase a vampire trys to pick a fight with zero, he isn't exacly easy to control.

As for the child, I doubt zero would lose control to the point of attacking a child, takeing zero into account he probily handed the child over and ether went to drink the tablets or to search for the vampire that escaped.

You guys latly have only been seeing the worst in zero, mentioning the worst possible things that could happen, I can almost guarenty you if I were to say the same things about kaname I would have at least 3 people pissed at me lol

I wont completly dissmiss that the things mentioned could happen, cause any thing could happen, however there are other options to be considered as well. Not every thing has to resort to zero falling to level-e.

As an example, when kaname was awoken do you remember why he reverted him self to the state of a baby? It was because his hunger was about to hit him and take over, which if would have happem he would have killed rido, yuri and yuki's dad (sorry for the life of me I just can't seem to remember his name). Now it is some thing like that that I belive is happening to zero, his hunger is trying to take over, this dosen't mean he us becomeing level-e, it is just some thing that happens when you don't feed. Now we know the tablets help with the hunger, however I dont think they can actualy stop it, at least in zero's case most of the time cause it seems his love for yuki is what is causeing it, so it is possible she is the only one that can actualy satisfy his hunger.
    Vampire Knight Chapter 71 Raws pics + Translation - Page 3 552%2F30_IOSJQ%2FVampire_Knight_ch30_45-46
    It is weird that zero needs to feed so much, and the only real defrences between him and others is he is a vampire hunter/twin. Did they ever reveal the complete myth of the twins born to vampire hunters? I know the basic parts but there has to be more to it then that. 1 twin devoures the other in the womb, only zero was to soft and only devoured half. But how does the rest of the myth go.

Vampire hunters are HUMAN . That's a fact . Even Kaien Cross , with all those pureblood vampire genes inside himself is considered a human. Some of the qualities vampires have in V .K. are fans and the need for blood . Vampire hunters has neither of those .

Zero is in the peculiar position of being a human vampire hunter turned to vampire . He keeps his hunters powers and abilities . Now has also vampire abilities . More , he drank from purebloods so now his powers had increased . But him being so powerful had nothing to do with him becoming permanently stabilized . If that happens the point of Zero's fear of losing his humanity has resolved . Had no need to be mentioned again at the story .

I continue to see the bracelet / tattoo spell as an important element to be use near the end of V. K. The mangaka had expressed she knows the end of V. K. almost at the time she started the plot . She introduced this spell a long time ago ( chapter 5 ) . No use for this until now ( 66 chapters later ) . So I believe the spell is important for the resolution of the plot .

I think Zero indeed had lost control of himself when he was splashed by the little girl's blood . His eyes change color . He eventually let escape the other vampire . He eventually regain control of himself . But that momentary lost of control could had placed the girl in trouble .

The case of Kaname was a little different . He has no risk to fall to any other vampire level . He would remain a pureblood vampire no matter how berseker he went . But his need to regenerate his body after so long a slumber requires so much blood , he would attacked almost anything near him ( including anyone he loves ) . He chose to return to be a baby as a way to requiring less energy to regenerate . To prevent him to become a pureblood - zombie / mummy - like berseker vampire seeking for blood and flesh from anybody .

Love , taking blood tablets , or the will power of the Level D vampire : Those factors appear to just delay for a while the change . Not preventing permanently becoming a Level THE END . I like to see if Zero has be saved at the first arc of becoming a Level E . But the story don't appear to follow that route . Because one of the most important themes for Zero for the start is his struggle with his vampire and human selves . His fear of losing his humanity . These issues had not resolved yet . I believed they can only be resolved near the end of the plot. As important part ( if not the most ) for Zero's character development .

Last edited by mariangie on Mon May 02, 2011 1:07 am; edited 1 time in total
    Knightmare
    Knightmare
    Common Vampire
    Common Vampire

Post by Knightmare Mon May 02, 2011 1:02 am

Sorry I'm late to the game, but I find the discussion quite interesting, albeit a little hard to keep up with such prolific writers. bounce

Juliet wrote:
    Yes the idea is (that first Solace threw and I adopted LOL) that the stronger the vampire in Zero will become, the more dominant, the more trouble Zero will have pushing or keeping control this nature, because apparently he is a level-d, he balances between hunger and control and the thing that remains to see is how he is going to resist to his vampire urges.
    So control is acquired through sating, if a vampire can't be sated, he needs food more frequently, the better quality the food, the longer he can go without + the stronger you are, the longer you can go without. But injury and use of powers will drain you and increase the need for sating.

In order of least to most sating seems to be:
    blood tablets -> human children -> blood of your beloved -> purebloods
    Not sure where regular vampires go...

So if I'm understanding right, the problem in this discussion is how does Zero hunting and killing vampires stave off Zero's hunger. I think it doesn't. if his reaction after hunting down that vampire in ch50 is any indication, he was still pretty hungry and chomped down on bunch of tablets...but then at the mention of Kaname, he went nuts again.

what if the bloody rose is causing the increased problem in Zero? Those weapons are the ones with the desire to kill vampires, particularly purebloods and all vampire hunters probably feel that to an extent, but Zero's is way stronger being physically connected to the bloody rose. But because vampire hunters aren't actually vampires, it doesn't translate into a physical hunger like it does for Zero.

juliet wrote:
    What book is that? I do not have vol.12 so if you could supply the exact lines, it could be helpful. With all that said by Zero himself and Kaito, I think that there is no doubt, or space for a mistake done, even if exempt Kaname’s words. If you look at the scans at the ball, how the vampires view Yuuki, the picture talk by themself.
    Yah, its volume 12, chapter 54, pg11-12
    1st line thoughts/flashback: To most vampires, we are far more fascinating than any human children or even their own beloved partners...
    2nd line outloud: We are "bait", but if we remain aware of that fact...we can have them constantly wrapped around out little fingers.

The idea is still the same, vampires find purebloods very desirable, but Kaname uses "bait" to make his point about using that against them.

Last edited by Knightmare on Mon May 02, 2011 3:10 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : edited for the 10000th time because apparently some things are hard to follow.)
    mariangie
    mariangie
    Pureblood Vampire
    Pureblood Vampire

Post by mariangie Mon May 02, 2011 1:18 am

Knightmare :

Think you got your vampire blood preference / satisfaction backwards.

They are : Pureblood > loved one > baby / small human child >>>>>>>> blood tablets

Purebloods' blood / flesh is the gourmet equivalent of Fillet Mignon / Champane / Caviar .

Most vampires don't like the taste of blood tablets . But they satisty a little the hunger for real blood .

I don't know if vampires like the blood of a lesser level than theirs . Maybe they prefer human blood to drinking from a lesser vampire level than the drinker . Unless they fell in love with another vampire . Drinking from another same level vampire maybe is similar to drinking from a human ( except in purebloods case ) .

A little doubt :
    From which editorial house is your official English translation . I assume it is not Viz one ( because it has not got to sale yet ) .
    Knightmare
    Knightmare
    Common Vampire
    Common Vampire

Post by Knightmare Mon May 02, 2011 1:25 am

mariangie wrote:Knightmare :

Think you got your vampire blood preference / satisfaction backwards.

They are : Pureblood > loved one > baby / small human child >>>>>>>> blood tablets
    haha, I was starting at the lowest and how it moves forward, sorry did not mean it in the greater than ">" should have used "->"

A little doubt :
    From which editorial house is your official English translation . I assume it is not Viz one ( because it has not got to sale yet ) .
    Its Chuang Yi, I just got it recently.
    mariangie
    mariangie
    Pureblood Vampire
    Pureblood Vampire

Post by mariangie Mon May 02, 2011 2:26 am

X > Y : this means X is more than Y

X < Y : this means X is less than Y

X = y : means X is equal to Y

There is no -> symbol than I remember in Maths that means quantity comparison .

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 1:03 am