Vampire Knight & Manga Forum

In order to fully enjoy the board and it's function, you can always log in or sign up to an account. Thank you...

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

In order to fully enjoy the board and it's function, you can always log in or sign up to an account. Thank you...

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Α forum dedicated to Hino's Matsuri best-seller manga Vampire Knight and the manga we love

Gallery

Vampire Knight Chapter 74 Translation - Page 6 Empty

Latest topics

» Do you trust Hino?
Vampire Knight Chapter 74 Translation - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2022 12:37 am by juliet

» Our Kaname is here!! Vampire Knight memories chapter 38
Vampire Knight Chapter 74 Translation - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2022 12:35 am by juliet

» Vampire knight Memories 38
Vampire Knight Chapter 74 Translation - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2022 4:18 am by juliet

» Where to Find Vampire Knight Memories Translation
Vampire Knight Chapter 74 Translation - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2022 1:29 am by juliet

» The Final Countdown
Vampire Knight Chapter 74 Translation - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2022 11:43 pm by juliet

» New VK Chapter is HERE!
Vampire Knight Chapter 74 Translation - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 11, 2017 7:42 am by lililovelilica

» Links for Other Vampire Knight Forums and Sites that you like and enjoy!!
Vampire Knight Chapter 74 Translation - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2016 7:25 pm by Saphira_K

» VK Memories CH 6!
Vampire Knight Chapter 74 Translation - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2016 6:13 pm by Saphira_K

» VK Memories
Vampire Knight Chapter 74 Translation - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2016 5:59 pm by Saphira_K

» New VK Chapter SPOILERS!
Vampire Knight Chapter 74 Translation - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2016 5:47 pm by Saphira_K

» New VK Bonus Ch!!
Vampire Knight Chapter 74 Translation - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2015 12:53 am by Saphira_K

» Translation of 'Fleeting Dreams'
Vampire Knight Chapter 74 Translation - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2015 2:20 am by Saphira_K

» Bunko Editions
Vampire Knight Chapter 74 Translation - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2015 2:18 am by Saphira_K

» New Vampire knight Extra
Vampire Knight Chapter 74 Translation - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2015 2:15 am by Saphira_K

» The Musical (Original and Revive)
Vampire Knight Chapter 74 Translation - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2015 2:40 am by Dreamiel

» NEW CHAPTER IN 2015?
Vampire Knight Chapter 74 Translation - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2015 12:16 am by Unknown00

» Newbie in the forum...
Vampire Knight Chapter 74 Translation - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2015 7:13 pm by aisan4494

» Who do you think Yuki loves more: Kaname or Zero?
Vampire Knight Chapter 74 Translation - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2015 7:09 pm by aisan4494

» Zeki or Yume?
Vampire Knight Chapter 74 Translation - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2015 7:04 pm by aisan4494

» So What will happen of Kaname?
Vampire Knight Chapter 74 Translation - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2015 6:25 pm by matei alina

We and the Youtube

Poll

would you like to read a sequel of vk?or is hino thinking of writing one?
Vampire Knight Chapter 74 Translation - Page 6 Bar_left59%Vampire Knight Chapter 74 Translation - Page 6 Bar_right 59% [ 24 ]
Vampire Knight Chapter 74 Translation - Page 6 Bar_left27%Vampire Knight Chapter 74 Translation - Page 6 Bar_right 27% [ 11 ]
Vampire Knight Chapter 74 Translation - Page 6 Bar_left15%Vampire Knight Chapter 74 Translation - Page 6 Bar_right 15% [ 6 ]

Total Votes : 41

Friends

Terry Candy

+20
Victoria91
nateriver
mariangie
Seeker
keira
Knightmare
Rose.Petals
kanameknight95
VaahS
sweetsolace
aya-chan
VampireCythia
nina
Bloodredhead
Howl4fun
loveiszero
sari15
juliet
Anneliezz
witlessfool
24 posters

Vampire Knight Chapter 74 Translation

witlessfool
    witlessfool
    Level-E
    Level-E

Warning ZoneVampire Knight Chapter 74 Translation - Page 6 Dropsoa

Vampire Knight Chapter 74 Translation - Page 6 Empty Vampire Knight Chapter 74 Translation

Post by witlessfool Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:29 pm

First topic message reminder :

Same disclaimer as always: English translation of Chinese translation of Japanese is less accurate than direct English translation from Japanese. So take what I've done with a grain of salt. But the general gist is there. I've found that my translation is getting better the more I do so this did come out a low smoother than my previous translation projects. Brackets contains my interpretations of the dodgy areas.

Thanks to pkdesigner for the link to the raws.

Cover page:
    Finally arriving at the forefront...
    (Can be interpreted as “it’s finally here” or something like that)

Page One:
    Yuuki prepares to bite, withdraws, Zero looks at her. “Want to give up?”

Page Two:
    Yuuki looks at Zero. “No, it’s not that.”
    “I only want to take a good look at the face of the one I’m taking blood from, future president of the association.”
    “...I’m not biting Zero simply because he invited me to. Like Zero said, this terrible cause – eh...” (the word is definitely "cause" but I feel like it should be "this terrible thirst" *shrug* ah well)

Page Three:
    Still Yuuki, “Please help me... I really want Zero’s blood now. I... I’ve always suppressed my thirst.”
    “Only need a little bit... Because, if it’s enough to satisfy, then I can definitely work hard to become pureblood Kaname’s... .”
    To return to the past is no longer allowed...
    Zero stares. “Ah... If it’s not like that, then I would be interfering...”
    I can no longer restrain myself –

Page Four:
    Yuuki, “Zero is so calm, yet I’m so very nervous.”
    “Just for now, can Zero please don’t think about anything...”
    Zero, “It doesn’t matter. There’s nothing inside my heart that, if you peeped, would interfere...”

Page Five:
    Zero, “Your matter... I don’t think about it any longer...”
    “It’s only, occasionally, when your fragment inside me awakens... that thoughts of you would appear...”

Page Six:
    I don’t think about it anymore. Only occasionally, when your fragment inside me awakens...
    Real life Yuuki stares at the Yuuki inside Zero’s mind, who’s sitting on the tree root over a cemetery yard with a black wolf behind her.
    The Yuuki in Zero’s mind says, “It’s okay, don’t worry.”

Page Seven:
    The Yuuki in Zero’s mind, “The thing Zero’s most afraid of, is now sleeping deeply inside...”
    Real life Yuuki turns around to find Zero/Ichiru (hard to tell) behind her. He says, “There, protecting the coffin, is only a memory.”

Page Eight:
    Real-life Zero, with Yuuki drinking from him, “Hey, don’t peep inside me.”
    Yuuki withdraws.

Page Nine:
    Yuuki, “I didn’t look at anything...” (Interpreted as I didn’t look at anything in particular/I didn’t specifically snoop for that etc.)
    “It’s nothing,” Yuuki wipes her mouth. “Unlike a certain peeping someone from before...”
    On a certain level...
    There’s an impression of the black wolf...

“Huh?”
    “Ah...” Zero mutters, clutching at his throat.
    “Ah, it’s not like that,” Yuuki, panicking. “I didn’t mean it that way. Zero is...”
    “Still... Zero...”
    Hunger and thirst...
    How is it...?

Yuuki clenches her hand.

Page Ten:
    Yuuki, “Sorry, I should apologize... Thank you...”
    The moment I bit into Zero’s neck, my mind suddenly calmed down and my fangs extended for someone I had absolute no intention of drinking from
    I, in accordance with the agreement,

Page Eleven:
    To not respond to Zero’s actions is impossible –
    Sara – in her shiny new uniform – joining the Night Class
    Yuuki at the door

Page Twelve:
    Shiki, “Hey, are you being serious when you say that?”
    Hanabusa, “I’ve always been very serious!”
    Continuing, “Even if we’re surrounded by the association, it’s still the same. As our purebloods and monarchs’ subordinate, let me spy around, okay.”
    Shiki, stone-faced, “So basically, you want us to take over and assist our temporary dorm president?”
    Hanabusa, flushing, “Yes, the current situation is highly damaging to what we hope to achieve.”
    Shiki, “Although we really do need those information, Aidou-kun...”

Page Thirteen:
    Shiki, continued, “Didn’t you once say Kaname-sama gave you the role of temporary dorm president? And are you sure it’s okay for you to leave her side?”
    Hanabusa, looking grave, “That... well...”
    Hanabusa, looking away, “That’s not a problem.”
    “At her side, there’s an anti-pureblood hunter to keep an eye on things.”

Page Fourteen:
    Yuuki, as she walks past Zero, “Zero, these days, are there any Day Class students sneaking out at night time?”
    Zero, “I’m looking into it now.”
    Two night class girls can be spotted.

Page Fifteen:
    Yuuki pats Zero on the back, “I’ll leave it to you then.”

Page Sixteen:
    Yuuki, hides behind the wall. “Ah, I didn’t act too unnatural, did I?”
    To converse in an extremely simple manner?
    Doesn’t matter. As long as I can start afresh with Zero...

Yuuki sinks to the floor. *pause* “Ah... must quickly get to the classroom.”

Page Seventeen:
    Zero, “Alright already, hurry up and get back to your dorms. Go!”
    Kaien, “Thanks for the hard work, Zero-kun.”
    Zero, “Chairman Kaien, Kaito.”
    Kaien, “I can see a little bit of the old Yuuki. And you always obediently making yourself useful. That, above all else, makes me happy.”
    Zero, “That rascal shares the same aspiration as yours. Now she’s at the school desperately trying her hardest. It’s because of that request, that I’m doing what things that cannot be avoided.”

Page Eighteen:
    Kaien, “There’s no point in arguing... But you.”
    “Back then, there was nothing that could stop you. You only ever wanted to rush forward to kill Kaname-kun, using the dangerous risk he posed as an excuse.”
    “Yet now, to suddenly change and become obedient, it’s really worrying.”
    Zero thought about it, then smiled.

Page Nineteen:
    Zero, “Kaname Kuran, hasn’t he already decided to kill off the pureblood race?”
    “If that’s the case, in my opinion, there’s no reason for me to rush forward to stop him.”
    Kaien looked at him. “... Those words, I’ll pretend I didn’t hear them.”

Page Twenty:
    Kaien, “As the chairman of peace agreement, I cannot ignore Kaname-kun’s recent behaviour.”
    “It’s also because of Yuuki...”
    On the staircase, Rima, “We’re late.”
    Shiki, “Yeah, well, that’s only because Aidou wouldn’t stop talking.”
    They open the door and pause.

Page Twenty-One:
    Yuuki kneeling on the floor. Sara glowing in her chair. (The sound-effect next to the pen on the floor is “general mumbling”)
    The board has two sheets. One says “Ichijou-senpai,” with the word “resigning” after it. On the column next to it has “Sara” The word you see repeated three times is the Chinese way of keeping tally (it’s a word with five strokes, so it’s scores of five). So it looks like Sara has seventeen votes and on the sheet next to it, you can see Yuuki has only one vote.
    Rima, shocked, “Why are you looking so utterly defeated?”
    Yuuki slowly turns around, “Because of the gap in charisma, Sara-san became Dorm President.”

Page Twenty-Two:
    Sara, glowing, “But the actual duties, I want to relinquish over to Yuuki-san. For me, the responsibility is too major.”
    Yuuki, “Ah... okay.”
    Rima, shocked, “Ah, to be forced to accept the job.”
    Ichijou looks really ... off. “...”
    Shiki, “? Ichijou-senpai?” Then, he noticed something and turned to his right.
    “Ah!” Maria at the window.

Page Twenty-Three:
    Maria, “Zero-kun.”
    Teacher, “Okay, everyone. Can we please start the lesson?”
    Rima, “Suddenly, I have an uneasy feeling about what’s to come.”
    Shiki, “Yeah...”
    Sara, “Oh, everyone, let’s not trouble the teacher any longer. Let’s return to our seats.”
    Yuuki, “Ichijou-senpai, regarding yesterday’s discussion, can we continue discussing it a bit later?”
    Ichijou, “Ah, is this the issue regarding the new blood tablets?”

Page Twenty-Four
    Ichijou, smiling, “Sorry, that was my mistake. There’s no problem.”
    Yuuki, Shiki, Rima. “Ichijou-senpai...?”
    Elsewhere.
    Ruka, “This must be -sama’s house... They’re really cautious about the whereabouts of the pureblood’s residence.”
    (Sorry, I can't be bothered guess what the pureblood's name was. Chinese translation uses the same character as the Japanese kanji but the pronunciation is bound to be different. So even if I did guess, it's bound to be wrong. I'm going to leave this to the Japanese experts once the originial raws are out.)

Page Twenty-Five:
    Akatsuki spots something, “You better stay here and do the task you were assigned to do. I’m going to go over there and see what those strange people are doing.”

Page Twenty-Six:
    Akatsuki dashes over, sees this queue of people getting bottles of the new blood tablets. “What... is this...?”
    “Ruka.” Kaname arrives. “Today’s all thanks to you doing all this difficult work. I must really thank you.”

Page Twenty-Seven:
    Ruka, looking rather withdrawn. “Although here’s quite far away from the road, but it’s still fairly close to where the humans are living.”
    “Okay, I’ll go and do my best to lead them away.”
    Kaien arrives with a sword. “I was just thinking you were probably going to arrive here, Kaname-kun.”

Page Twenty-Eight
    Kaname, “Chairman Kaien... are you here as the chairman of the peace agreement association?”
    Kaien, “Also as Yuuki’s adoptive father. I’m here to inform you that I’ve already decided I will not be returning Yuuki to you.”
    Kaname looks down, “Yuuki is already walking her own path and living by her own decisions... Chairman Kaien.”

Page Twenty-Nine:
    Kaname, continues, “I no longer have the means to bind her to me. Therefore”
    “For you to take Yuuki away from my side like this, I am very grateful.”
    Kaien, draws out sword. “Is that because, in your goal to eliminate the pureblood race, Yuuki is your Achilles’ Heel?” (The literal translation is “will she be your stumbling block” as in she may cause you to stumble, as in she’ll prevent you from achieving your goal. But I think Achilles’ Heel says pretty much the same thing...)

Page Thirty:
    Kaname, “That’s right.”
    “If you are to stop me, then you would be eliminated too.”

Kaname vs Cross (last 2 are actually kanji characters and not Chinese so I don't know what it says, sorry!)

FINISH!

Also, Hino-sensei appears to be taking a break T_T So two months till the next chapter comes out.

Hope you guys enjoy this! cheers

Witless Fool king

My thoughts: In Zero's head, the cemetery represents the thing he's most afraid of - sinking down the Level E. The fragments of Yuuki and Kaname that he consumed is keeping it at bay (represented by the tree). So that's why they're watching over/guarding the coffin. (Somebody suggested it could also be Shizuka) I think it's sad, for Zero at least, how even the fragment of Yuuki he consumed has Kaname next to her, watching over her. It's almost as if he can never get a piece of Yuuki just for himself if you know what I mean. (That's just my impression of the scene).

Last edited by witlessfool on Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:15 pm; edited 2 times in total

Knightmare
    Common Vampire
    Common Vampire

Vampire Knight Chapter 74 Translation - Page 6 Empty Re: Vampire Knight Chapter 74 Translation

Post by Knightmare Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:33 pm

mariangie wrote:
    So I don't believe the Level E issue has resolved finally . If the Level E thing has resolved forever , the emphasis on the tatto - bracelet spell was just a bluff . A bluuf the mangaka made so long ago and then forgotten . Most when the mangaka said she knew how to end the story since the start of it .
    I don't think the level E is over either. I thought the emphasis of that scene was to make yuuki sweat and increase her desire for blood by making her touch his neck, cos she noticed his blood rushing.

mariangie wrote:
    Something I see interesting was Zero imaging Yuuki as her human self inside his memories / mind . I think this indicates his love is for the human Yuuki . He continues to deny he loves Yuuki as her vampire self . So he has not accepted yet her completely . So their love relationship has not improved so much for now .
    The Yuuki who appears in ch62, also looked the same way. The fragment imposes itself on you and Zero had Yuuki's since she was a human.
    http://www.mangareader.net/104-2164-32/vampire-knight/chapter-38.html
    http://www.mangareader.net/104-54910-19/vampire-knight/chapter-62.html
    If this was about what Zero accepted and didn't accept, Shizuka and Kaname's fragment would not be there, even in hidden forms. To be sure though, Zero's armour towards loving Yuuki is still completely up. She still belongs to someone else.

nina wrote:
    Yeah … that’s why I prefer to say that the dragging of the LT is for mangaka-service. But I think VK has a lot more to offer than the LT. It has the foundation to make a very interesting plot aside from the LT. That’s why I’m so against of this dragging cuz isn’t a plain manga-romance hence the LT isn’t so essential for the plot … Personally I prefer to explore the other aspects of VK than the LT …
    I expect next chapter will focus on more plot stuff than LT stuff and hopefully Yuuki will actually get involved in some real action. I have no idea what aidou is up to, but hopefully that will be explored next chapter with all the night class and Yuuki's involvement.

The converse arguement to the above could also apply, that she could be relieved that she didn't or some such that Kaname was the only one for her. Yuuki's response fits nicely with my belief that she already expected her own response, that it reaffirms that yuuki already understands her attachment to Zero.
    Haha … It might fits on your belief, but it contradicts with her character who has guilt even cuz she’s “breathing” …
    Actually, I do agree that her rationalisation for the bite does keep her from feeling guilty. Both towards Zero and Kaname. Its the only reason she can give into biting Zero and taking his blood, at this point, it *has* to be for greater reasons and should be kept to a business deal.

Though when Yuuki finally makes a decision, she doesn't always feel guilty. Not for standing up to Kaname in ch41, choosing to turn into a vampire to save Zero or leaving the house or any of the actions around the grim reaper stuff. If Yuuki already knew that Zero's blood would sate her, but she made a decision to drink it, then no, she wouldn't feel guilty and she made a decision that she's not drinking for her wants, she's drinking for her needs.

nina wrote:
    A good friendship yes … should have that as a base … to be friends’ haha
    I’ve never see Yume as friends neither I want to … I suppose not all the romantic relations have as base the friendship. For me first comes the love/passion <<< this is the base for a romance … the “friendship” is an aspect which should come later if the couple wasn’t friends before fall in love. Eros doesn’t require so much thinking … you just feel it. But I guess that’s one reason of why I’m a Yume and you’re a Zeki
    haha, I think so. We definitely have different perspectives. for me, it would certainly help if I'd seen less awkwardness a year later in the yume relationship or more passion if its going to be a passionate relationship.
    loveiszero
    loveiszero
    Level-E
    Level-E

Vampire Knight Chapter 74 Translation - Page 6 Empty Re: Vampire Knight Chapter 74 Translation

Post by loveiszero Sun Jul 24, 2011 6:21 am

Yuuki should of just come to Kaien for blood, he'd gladly give it (look how giddy he was at the thought of giving Zero blood back then). After all, I think Kaien is somewhere in her heart too and if she can be satisfied by the blood of people she platonically loves (friends, family etc) then he fits the bill perfectly.

I'm disappointed there isn't much with Maria involved. I was looking forward to her scene with Zero. I hope Hino breaks away from her usual way of introducing potential love partner in the middle of series just to leave him/her alone in the end.
    nina
    nina
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Humor : Black sarcasm

Post by nina Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:09 pm

knightmare wrote: I expect next chapter will focus on more plot stuff than LT stuff and hopefully Yuuki will actually get involved in some real action. I have no idea what aidou is up to, but hopefully that will be explored next chapter with all the night class and Yuuki's involvement.

I hope so too …

Actually, I do agree that her rationalisation for the bite does keep her from feeling guilty. Both towards Zero and Kaname. Its the only reason she can give into biting Zero and taking his blood, at this point, it *has* to be for greater reasons and should be kept to a business deal.

Towards Zero I would find it logical to have guilt or regrets IF she would go for a bite as it seemed from the previous chapter, but since she stopped, asked his permission, explained to him why she needed blood and they conclude in a mutual agreement I don’t see why she should have guilt afterwards.

The interesting thing is why she doesn’t have any guilt towards Kaname, since she broke her promise … a promise that she refreshes a few minutes before she’ll break << this is the contradictory with her chara, cuz if she viewed as “infidelity” emotionally, then she definitely would have guilt, especially since the person from whom took blood is Zero (>>> one chunk of my heart…). But maybe we'll have an explanation in the future …

Though when Yuuki finally makes a decision, she doesn't always feel guilty. Not for standing up to Kaname in ch41, choosing to turn into a vampire to save Zero or leaving the house or any of the actions around the grim reaper stuff. If Yuuki already knew that Zero's blood would sate her, but she made a decision to drink it, then no, she wouldn't feel guilty and she made a decision that she's not drinking for her wants, she's drinking for her needs.

Exactly … when she takes a decision she doesn’t feel guilt, and in our case she took a decision not to drink from anyone else EVEN if Kaname didn’t ask her to so?
    Although hardly I see why she should have guilt in the cases that you mentioned…

Standing up to Kaname … she always voiced her opinion and when she really had an opposition always she did what she wanted to do … The same goes for leaving the house, or the reaper performance … Unlike with some fans who believe that Yuuki was restricted, the story shows that she wasn’t … She “listened” Kaname only when she agreed with him, in any other case she followed her wishes/beliefs.

Now if with the phrase “she knew that Zero’s blood would sate her” you mean Yuuki knew that Zero’s blood would cover her basic need for food/blood then yes I agree.
    But if you mean, she knew that Zero’s blood would sate her emotionally then I don’t agree …
    1. Cuz there is no way to know that, prior she drinks from him …
    2. Even if she discovered that she was fully sate with his blood (emotionally) afterwards then in that case she would have huge guilt …

So I tend to think that she view her decision to drink from Zero as a need for blood/food, shot of feelings.

Although I still do not understand why the tabs couldn’t cover her hunger … or is a hole in the script, or we should have an explanation later … cuz the excuse that she is spoiled I think is very lame and petty IMO.

haha, I think so. We definitely have different perspectives. for me, it would certainly help if I'd seen less awkwardness a year later in the yume relationship or more passion if its going to be a passionate relationship.

Definitely haha. Very Happy

Mmm I don’t see awkwardness, but shyness and blushing … I think is a cliché for the manga heroines to respond in that way to their “lovers” even when their relationship has been completed.

As for the passion I’ll give just a few examples …

> Kaname-sama I love you … I love you … You are the beginning of my world and everything in that world

> If it’s him … even if he betrays me my feelings for him would never change … I’ve liked Kaname-senpai the most since 10 years ago … I’ve always liked him … whenever I think of that man my mind will whirl full with thoughts of him so much that I could lose myself

> This gentle shadow … I just want to be captured by him

> My heart skipped a little bit … just from seeing his eyes when he turned to talk with me

And the tops of the top passionate confessions …

> Even if you’re tainted … I don’t mind … Please taint me too oniisama … I love your hands … tainted or not … and if you’re to be branded as a sinful and tainted vampire then … then I want to fall down with you to the farthest depths! Vampire Knight Chapter 74 Translation - Page 6 3530524148

> When I think of him I feel so much love and such sadness … is it a bad thing that the same feeling makes me want to latch into his throat and devour his blood and even his life to taste his feelings in it? … My whole conscience is filled with this need.

And note that the last phrase ^^^^ it’s been told from Zero too, to Yuuki when he gave his farewell …
    And this phrase was repeated from Yuuki in the last chapter before she separates from Kaname >>>

“Suddenly I was told that EVERYTHING I TRULY WANTED was always MINE from the start …
    What are you saying? You want what? If you want you can eat ALL OF HIM. Isn’t that what YOU WANT? If you don’t devour what you desire you’ll be driven insane. I’m still so far, I can’t even think of saying we’re equal. But the vampire inside of me doesn’t care … THIS DESIRE IS SO PURE IT CAN’T BE HIDDEN…”
    (CHAP.66)

So yes ... for a "conservative" manga as concerns “sex” these ^^^ statements indicate great passion …

loveiszero wrote: Yuuki should of just come to Kaien for blood, he'd gladly give it (look how giddy he was at the thought of giving Zero blood back then). After all, I think Kaien is somewhere in her heart too and if she can be satisfied by the blood of people she platonically loves (friends, family etc) then he fits the bill perfectly.

No she couldn’t … as she couldn’t take blood from Yori as well cuz both of them are humans and not vampires. So if Yuuki as a PB takes blood from them, then she’ll turn them into vampires. Therefore she didn’t have any other option than Zero (as a beloved person)…

loveiszero
    loveiszero
    Level-E
    Level-E

Post by loveiszero Sun Jul 24, 2011 2:02 pm

I thought she only turns them into vampire if she bites? Blood could just be served in a cup or drip into her mouth (or maybe via a kiss? lol eww this is gross).

Honestly, she should of just licked the blood from this wrist and be done with it, it was running already, what a waste, I still don't get why she had to go for the bite when she was a lick away from the blood, considering she was that hungry (remember the Kaname wrist licking back then?). But well, if it was like that, we wouldn't have all this dragging drama.

Again , about the guilt, I think we were all talking about guilt toward Kaname. She could contribute her bite to dire needs,but just becasue she already deicided on that =no guilt, then Yuuki is someone who breaks promises, turns blind eyes on stuff regardless of rights or wrongs as long as she deems it fit?
    Oh yeah, talking about breaking promises, how about her promise to keep running away from Zero? And now suddendly wanting to talk to him again/start afresh, all to suit herself, like WTF? Quite a character there.
    Enough of this LT or Yuuki already, I want to know what Kaname gonna do to Kaien. If the next chapter is nothing but Kaname xCross and ZeroxMaria, then it's golden.

Last edited by loveiszero on Sun Jul 24, 2011 2:45 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : adding)
    nina
    nina
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Post by nina Sun Jul 24, 2011 5:45 pm

loveiszero wrote: I thought she only turns them into vampire if she bites? Blood could just be served in a cup or drip into her mouth (or maybe via a kiss? lol eww this is gross).

Honestly, she should of just licked the blood from this wrist and be done with it, it was running already, what a waste, I still don't get why she had to go for the bite when she was a lick away from the blood, considering she was that hungry (remember the Kaname wrist licking back then?). But well, if it was like that, we wouldn't have all this dragging drama.

Mmm I can reverse the question … Why Zero in the first arc had to take her blood using his fangs and not a syringe or a cup as you suggesting? Yuuki was a human back then so one more reason to use an indirect method to take the needed blood … but no.
    Why Kaname when he was craving for Yuuki’s blood didn’t use a cup but bit Ruka to the extent of faint?

I thought it was a given until now that the vampires when they are hungry should take blood using their fangs. The example you brought from Yuuki it’s not representable simply cuz at that period Yuuki was refusing to use her fangs and that what it brought her to the edge of madness. <<< That’s why Kaname was persistent to use her fangs or else she couldn’t sate her hunger hence and calm her mind.
    If you take a look you’ll see that after she received Kaname’s blood using her fangs she had no complaint nor thirst fits afterwards …

Zero cut his wrist and let the blood flow in order to lure her or trigger her instinct for blood, more. As we saw he wasn’t surprised from her “attack” cuz as a vampire himself knows the procedure …
    nina
    nina
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Post by nina Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:37 pm

Chapter 74 is been released here ...

http://www.mangareader.net/vampire-knight/74 cheers
    juliet
    juliet
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Humor : Anytime...

Post by juliet Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:51 pm

nina wrote:Chapter 74 is been released here ...

http://www.mangareader.net/vampire-knight/74 cheers

Merci!!! cheers cheers cheers
    nina
    nina
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Post by nina Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:33 pm

The scanlation shed some more light to this chapter …

1. The incident between Yuuki and Sara is more understandable … As it seems Sara wasn’t aiming for the position of the president in the first place. But probably because Yuuki had expressed her intention to pass that role to Takuma (with the invitation she had sent to him, previously), she wanted to ensure that Takuma was out of game and synchronously to force Yuuki to take charge. As Rima says “Ah she’s been forced to accept this troublesome job”.

Why she wanted for Yuuki to take this position? And why she has used a method which obviously humiliates Yuuki?
    Hm … everything ties up … she’s killing two birds with one stone …

She want Yuuki to be the president and responsible for the NC in order to be responsible as well later for the “catastrophe”?? To be the one who will take the blame for whatever will happen from now on …

The scenario that she wants to depict Yuuki as incapable for the leadership of the vampires seems to be reinforced …

Parallel she shows her abilities/radiance … she is the dominant figure, unlike the fact that she’s not in charge officially. On the surface seems like she respects/accepts Yuuki’s right to be the leader but underneath she’s working in the opposite direction >>> for Yuuki’s unnailing …Vampire Knight Chapter 74 Translation - Page 6 58

2. Aidou seems worried for the circumstances and wants to scout around? Again, for whose sake? He’s referring to Yuuki? He sensed upcoming trouble? << This is my feeling at least …

3. Cross seems to suspect that everything Kaname’s doing is for Yuuki. But my question is … how he foresees that Kaname would go at Isaya’s house and rushes there? Furthermore he is going all alone … if his initial intention was to stop Kaname, even by killing him, why he went alone? Also his words to Kaname is a bit contradictory … If he believes that Kaname is planning to kill off all the PBs hence Yuuki will be a hindrance for him … then why he informs Kaname that he has no intention to give Yuuki back ??? Either way again seems that as we had pointed out Cross was manoeuvring Yuuki (arrest, NC etc …) in order to stop her for going after Kaname … BUT IF he thinks that by keeping her inside the Academy and letting her “play” there, is safe, while he has permit Sara scheming under his nose … then he certainly should reconsider his priorities …

4. Sara’s tablets are spreading in the town … so she’s not aiming only for Yuuki’s NC but probably she wants to create a huge chaos in the city as well … <<< Could this to have something to do with the restriction measures that Kaname asking Ruka to take for the humans??? Hm …
    Could also Isaya to be Kaname’s ally after all and that’s why their visit there coincide with the measures they want to take for humans’ safety?

Moreover … what Ruca means with her wording … “This is Isaya’s residence … this is a prudent location for a PB KING’s residence??? What; are they looking a residence for Kaname??? Cuz who is the PB king? Could be referring to Isaya? Nah … I’m confused here … Vampire Knight Chapter 74 Translation - Page 6 3887309346

5. The hunters supposedly knew that Sara had a plan concerning the tabs … they monitored her visit to the president of the pharmaceutical company… So how difficult is to figure out that she was aiming for something especially after she was the biggest suspect for Ouri’s murder and the hunter as well?

So, why the tablets are already at the city???

Is it only me or all the characters seems OOC lately in VK??? Vampire Knight Chapter 74 Translation - Page 6 3428452064
    Howl4fun
    Howl4fun
    Common Vampire
    Common Vampire

Post by Howl4fun Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:32 pm

That group always translates with alot of errors and weird looking scans. I'll wait for the ieatmanga version to appear Razz
    juliet
    juliet
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Post by juliet Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:33 pm

nina wrote:The scanlation shed some more light to this chapter …

1. The incident between Yuuki and Sara is more understandable … As it seems Sara wasn’t aiming for the position of the president in the first place. But probably because Yuuki had expressed her intention to pass that role to Takuma (with the invitation she had sent to him, previously), she wanted to ensure that Takuma was out of game and synchronously to force Yuuki to take charge. As Rima says “Ah she’s been forced to accept this troublesome job”.

Why she wanted for Yuuki to take this position? And why she has used a method which obviously humiliates Yuuki?
    Hm … everything ties up … she’s killing two birds with one stone …

She want Yuuki to be the president and responsible for the NC in order to be responsible as well later for the “catastrophe”?? To be the one who will take the blame for whatever will happen from now on …

The scenario that she wants to depict Yuuki as incapable for the leadership of the vampires seems to be reinforced …

Parallel she shows her abilities/radiance … she is the dominant figure, unlike the fact that she’s not in charge officially. On the surface seems like she respects/accepts Yuuki’s right to be the leader but underneath she’s working in the opposite direction >>> for Yuuki’s unnailing …Vampire Knight Chapter 74 Translation - Page 6 58

2. Aidou seems worried for the circumstances and wants to scout around? Again, for whose sake? He’s referring to Yuuki? He sensed upcoming trouble? << This is my feeling at least …

3. Cross seems to suspect that everything Kaname’s doing is for Yuuki. But my question is … how he foresees that Kaname would go at Isaya’s house and rushes there? Furthermore he is going all alone … if his initial intention was to stop Kaname, even by killing him, why he went alone? Also his words to Kaname is a bit contradictory … If he believes that Kaname is planning to kill off all the PBs hence Yuuki will be a hindrance for him … then why he informs Kaname that he has no intention to give Yuuki back ??? Either way again seems that as we had pointed out Cross was manoeuvring Yuuki (arrest, NC etc …) in order to stop her for going after Kaname … BUT IF he thinks that by keeping her inside the Academy and letting her “play” there, is safe, while he has permit Sara scheming under his nose … then he certainly should reconsider his priorities …

4. Sara’s tablets are spreading in the town … so she’s not aiming only for Yuuki’s NC but probably she wants to create a huge chaos in the city as well … <<< Could this to have something to do with the restriction measures that Kaname asking Ruka to take for the humans??? Hm …
    Could also Isaya to be Kaname’s ally after all and that’s why their visit there coincide with the measures they want to take for humans’ safety?

Moreover … what Ruca means with her wording … “This is Isaya’s residence … this is a prudent location for a PB KING’s residence??? What; are they looking a residence for Kaname??? Cuz who is the PB king? Could be referring to Isaya? Nah … I’m confused here … Vampire Knight Chapter 74 Translation - Page 6 3887309346

5. The hunters supposedly knew that Sara had a plan concerning the tabs … they monitored her visit to the president of the pharmaceutical company… So how difficult is to figure out that she was aiming for something especially after she was the biggest suspect for Ouri’s murder and the hunter as well?

So, why the tablets are already at the city???

Is it only me or all the characters seems OOC lately in VK??? Vampire Knight Chapter 74 Translation - Page 6 3428452064

Nice observations

-It seems that Aido wants to leave Yuuki and go looking around, he thinks its alright since Zero protects her... I was happy with Aido plus made me laugh

-Sara is giving Yuuki the NC control> yes...but notice there that her charms have already captivated the students and also the fact that as you said, she wants to throw all responsibilty to Yuuki, so the failure shall be all hers.

-Fast tablets? already in production phase? but I do not understand, these are supposed to be humans/or vampires? (the crowd?) If they are humans what are they doing with the tablets? Didn't get that...

-Also from what I see from this page

Spoiler:
    Has Cross put Zero to offer his blood to Yuuki thus support her? Is that the meaning of there conversation there? Is that a hunter's plan? back up for Yuuki?

-About the Kings residence not sure about the translation there...

loveiszero
    loveiszero
    Level-E
    Level-E

Post by loveiszero Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:47 pm

The scans are translated from the chinese version, so far, there have been several inconsistencies from all the trans we have so far. If anything, we should prob wait for IEM's version.
    juliet
    juliet
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Post by juliet Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:11 pm

loveiszero wrote:The scans are translated from the chinese version, so far, there have been several inconsistencies from all the trans we have so far. If anything, we should prob wait for IEM's version.

That group always translates with alot of errors and weird looking scans. I'll wait for the ieatmanga version to appear

I see, thanks for sharing that info, though it would be the japanese since it was released.
    loveiszero
    loveiszero
    Level-E
    Level-E

Post by loveiszero Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:14 pm

juliet wrote:
    loveiszero wrote:The scans are translated from the chinese version, so far, there have been several inconsistencies from all the trans we have so far. If anything, we should prob wait for IEM's version.

That group always translates with alot of errors and weird looking scans. I'll wait for the ieatmanga version to appear

I see, thanks for sharing that info, though it would be the japanese since it was released.

They used janapese scans, but translated using chinese ones. I was a bit disappointed when they said that lol
    juliet
    juliet
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Post by juliet Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:18 pm

loveiszero wrote:
    juliet wrote:

They used janapese scans, but translated using chinese ones. I was a bit disappointed when they said that lol

Oh...okay..I will have to wait and then rewrite my conclusions then... LOL
    juliet
    juliet
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Post by juliet Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:48 pm

By the way does anyone remember if Isaya wants to live? just quickly (or I will go through scans...)
    Bloodredhead
    Bloodredhead
    Pureblood Vampire
    Pureblood Vampire

Post by Bloodredhead Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:51 pm

juliet wrote:By the way does anyone remember if Isaya wants to live? just quickly (or I will go through scans...)

unsure he didnt say anything like that when talking to kaien and also his mate died a long time ago and he is still living on, so he seems to want to live for the meantime.
    juliet
    juliet
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Post by juliet Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:53 pm

Bloodredhead wrote:
    juliet wrote:By the way does anyone remember if Isaya wants to live? just quickly (or I will go through scans...)

unsure he didnt say anything like that when talking to kaien and also his mate died a long time ago and he is still living on, so he seems to want to live for the meantime.

merci, I did not remember well his dialogue with Kaien (not to mention I did not at all)...
    sweetsolace
    sweetsolace
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Humor : look in the mirror, you'll love it~ ;)
    Warning ZoneVampire Knight Chapter 74 Translation - Page 6 Drops5black

Post by sweetsolace Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:54 pm

in chapter 58 he says after a long time he has become a "spectator on the sidelines" but he didn't say about wanting to live, he just says the lag in their life is a common occurrence with purebloods Smile
    juliet
    juliet
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Post by juliet Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:56 pm

sweetsolace wrote:

in chapter 58 he says after a long time he has become a "spectator on the sidelines" but he didn't say about wanting to live, he just says the lag in their life is a common occurrence with purebloods Smile

But he does not say that he wants to die either, m?
    sweetsolace
    sweetsolace
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Post by sweetsolace Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:23 pm

juliet wrote:
    sweetsolace wrote:

nope Very Happy when Yuki declared she will kill those who wish to die, he told her he can actually be the one to cut off her head if he wished. xD

Isaya is 2000yrs old, he says he's already an "old" pureblood but he's around Juri and Haruka's age.
    juliet
    juliet
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Post by juliet Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:34 pm

sweetsolace wrote:
    juliet wrote:
    sweetsolace wrote:

nope Very Happy when Yuki declared she will kill those who wish to die, he told her he can actually be the one to cut off her head if he wished. xD

Isaya is 2000yrs old, he says he's already an "old" pureblood but he's around Juri and Haruka's age.

rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl what stopped him? Kain behind the curtains? (not the head, not the head...) LOL, haha
    sweetsolace
    sweetsolace
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Post by sweetsolace Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:39 pm

juliet wrote:
    sweetsolace wrote:
    juliet wrote:

rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl what stopped him? Kain behind the curtains? (not the head, not the head...) LOL, haha

whatever it is, I'm not thankful for it. rofl rofl
    juliet
    juliet
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Post by juliet Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:41 pm

sweetsolace wrote:
    juliet wrote:
    sweetsolace wrote:
    juliet wrote:

whatever it is, I'm not thankful for it. rofl rofl

rofl rofl rofl haha, where is Touma when you need him? LOL
    Victoria91
    Victoria91
    Human

Post by Victoria91 Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:10 pm

I'm confused! Kaname wants to kill Yuuki? They were my favourite couple... Evil or Very Mad
    mariangie
    mariangie
    Pureblood Vampire
    Pureblood Vampire

Humor : Mad Doctor

Post by mariangie Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:21 pm

Which are Isaya's reason to go on ? I'm not sure yet . He has no wife , nor pureblood descendants alive . ( Well , probably Kaien Cross is his only family alive . But he is no pureblood vampire . Nor his lover . Nor the person who matters him the most . )He doesn't have someone to expend eternity with . He appears to not wanting to mess with Vampire Society . Nor exactly having a lot of friends . Not a politician . He basically expressed to life his live in the side as an spectator . But at the same time , he doesn't appears to want dying yet . Just having frequent short slumbers . ( Even if his last one last for 50 years . ) So what keeps him going after 2000 years ( As he said old for a vampire . ) Maybe he knows something he wants to see the outcome ? I think maybe he knows whatever happened to Kaname in the past before his slumber .( I estimated Kaname's slumber was around 1000 years ago . ) Isaya wanted to know the final outcome of Kaname's actions ?

Added: What if Isaya's true purpose in life is to be the final observator of the pureblood's downfall ? To see the destruction of all purebloods ???? In this scenario , he could be the true final end - boss of V. K. and the person behind moving the White chess pieces ( AKA : the White King / White Chessmaster???? )
    Weird to think this ????Yes . But I could not eliminate this yet as a possibility . ( End of added post . )

Why Kaien was expecting Kaname to attack Isaya's next ? Probably just an elimination process . There are 7 pureblood families / clans . Kaname isn't going to kill the Kuran's head yet .( He is not going to kill himself for now . ) Ouri's family head was killed by Sara . Kaname had killed both Hanadagi and Hio's familiy heads . So only Touma , Shirabuki and Shouto family heads remains . Don't think he is going after Shirabuki yet . This just make Sara making her next moves quickier . If Kaname had not killed Touma after attacking Yuuki . He is not going to kill him yet . So the main suspect for Kaname to attack is Isaya . This probably is the reason Kaien decided to keep watch over Isaya's house . Waiting for Kaname to appear .

Last edited by mariangie on Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:39 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Adding)
    juliet
    juliet
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Post by juliet Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:23 pm

Which are Isaya's reason to go on ? I'm not sure yet . He has no wife , nor pureblood descendants alive . ( Well , probably Kaien Cross is his only family alive . But he is no pureblood vampire . Nor his lover . Nor the person who matters him the most . )He doesn't have someone to expend eternity with . He appears to not wanting to mess with Vampire Society . Nor exactly having a lot of friends . Not a politician . He basically expressed to life his live in the side as an spectator . But at the same time , he doesn't appears to want dying yet . Just having frequent short slumbers . ( Even if his last one last for 50 years . ) So what keeps him going after 2000 years ( As he said old for a vampire . ) Maybe he knows something he wants to see the outcome ? I think maybe he knows whatever happened to Kaname in the past before his slumber .( I estimated Kaname's slumber was around 1000 years ago . ) Isaya wanted to know the final outcome of Kaname's actions ?

Added: What if Isaya's true purpose in life is to be the final observator of the pureblood's downfall ? To see the destruction of all purebloods ???? In this scenario , he could be the true final end - boss of V. K. and the person behind moving the White chess pieces ( AKA : the White King / White Chessmaster???? )
    Weird to think this ????Yes . But I could not eliminate this yet as a possibility . ( End of added post . )

Why Kaien was expecting Kaname to attack Isaya's next ? Probably just an elimination process . There are 7 pureblood families / clans . Kaname isn't going to kill the Kuran's head yet .( He is not going to kill himself for now . ) Ouri's family head was killed by Sara . Kaname had killed both Hanadagi and Hio's familiy heads . So only Touma , Shirabuki and Shouto family heads remains . Don't think he is going after Shirabuki yet . This just make Sara making her next moves quickier . If Kaname had not killed Touma after attacking Yuuki . He is not going to kill him yet . So the main suspect for Kaname to attack is Isaya . This probably is the reason Kaien decided to keep watch over Isaya's house . Waiting for Kaname to appear .

I am not sure about Isaya myself, it's like he wants to live but yes on the other hand you are right; he does not have a personal or professional life to hold on and fight eternity. His life sounds lonely especially for an eternal being like himself. He seems too peacedul to me and taking in account his previous friendship with the Kurans (Kaien met Yuuri in person outside of Isaya's home) he does not seem like a final boss to me. But I am sure that he has a role to play.

Perhaps he can save Zero (he is a pureblood) from his vampirism? and give an end to his torture? I know it sounds odd but being lonely makes him to me the perfect candidate for that role.

I agree with sara/ she reminds me of Shizuka..Shizuka was allowed entrace because she has to specific role to fulfill. Perhaps the final boss rests in slumber just like Rido did. Rido was further introduced and few clues were speaking about this threat. But what would fit as a good villan opposite to Kaname and perhaps Zero would be an ancient threat. A very old and powerful ancestor, that would be an ideal match here* and we see that Hino indeed flirts with the past...too much and there are parts hidden and concealed...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:27 pm