Vampire Knight & Manga Forum

In order to fully enjoy the board and it's function, you can always log in or sign up to an account. Thank you...

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

In order to fully enjoy the board and it's function, you can always log in or sign up to an account. Thank you...

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Α forum dedicated to Hino's Matsuri best-seller manga Vampire Knight and the manga we love

Gallery

Vampire Knight Chapter 74 Translation - Page 3 Empty

Latest topics

» Do you trust Hino?
Vampire Knight Chapter 74 Translation - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2022 12:37 am by juliet

» Our Kaname is here!! Vampire Knight memories chapter 38
Vampire Knight Chapter 74 Translation - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2022 12:35 am by juliet

» Vampire knight Memories 38
Vampire Knight Chapter 74 Translation - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2022 4:18 am by juliet

» Where to Find Vampire Knight Memories Translation
Vampire Knight Chapter 74 Translation - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2022 1:29 am by juliet

» The Final Countdown
Vampire Knight Chapter 74 Translation - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2022 11:43 pm by juliet

» New VK Chapter is HERE!
Vampire Knight Chapter 74 Translation - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 11, 2017 7:42 am by lililovelilica

» Links for Other Vampire Knight Forums and Sites that you like and enjoy!!
Vampire Knight Chapter 74 Translation - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2016 7:25 pm by Saphira_K

» VK Memories CH 6!
Vampire Knight Chapter 74 Translation - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2016 6:13 pm by Saphira_K

» VK Memories
Vampire Knight Chapter 74 Translation - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2016 5:59 pm by Saphira_K

» New VK Chapter SPOILERS!
Vampire Knight Chapter 74 Translation - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2016 5:47 pm by Saphira_K

» New VK Bonus Ch!!
Vampire Knight Chapter 74 Translation - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2015 12:53 am by Saphira_K

» Translation of 'Fleeting Dreams'
Vampire Knight Chapter 74 Translation - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2015 2:20 am by Saphira_K

» Bunko Editions
Vampire Knight Chapter 74 Translation - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2015 2:18 am by Saphira_K

» New Vampire knight Extra
Vampire Knight Chapter 74 Translation - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2015 2:15 am by Saphira_K

» The Musical (Original and Revive)
Vampire Knight Chapter 74 Translation - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2015 2:40 am by Dreamiel

» NEW CHAPTER IN 2015?
Vampire Knight Chapter 74 Translation - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2015 12:16 am by Unknown00

» Newbie in the forum...
Vampire Knight Chapter 74 Translation - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2015 7:13 pm by aisan4494

» Who do you think Yuki loves more: Kaname or Zero?
Vampire Knight Chapter 74 Translation - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2015 7:09 pm by aisan4494

» Zeki or Yume?
Vampire Knight Chapter 74 Translation - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2015 7:04 pm by aisan4494

» So What will happen of Kaname?
Vampire Knight Chapter 74 Translation - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2015 6:25 pm by matei alina

We and the Youtube

Poll

would you like to read a sequel of vk?or is hino thinking of writing one?
Vampire Knight Chapter 74 Translation - Page 3 Bar_left59%Vampire Knight Chapter 74 Translation - Page 3 Bar_right 59% [ 24 ]
Vampire Knight Chapter 74 Translation - Page 3 Bar_left27%Vampire Knight Chapter 74 Translation - Page 3 Bar_right 27% [ 11 ]
Vampire Knight Chapter 74 Translation - Page 3 Bar_left15%Vampire Knight Chapter 74 Translation - Page 3 Bar_right 15% [ 6 ]

Total Votes : 41

Friends

Terry Candy

+20
Victoria91
nateriver
mariangie
Seeker
keira
Knightmare
Rose.Petals
kanameknight95
VaahS
sweetsolace
aya-chan
VampireCythia
nina
Bloodredhead
Howl4fun
loveiszero
sari15
juliet
Anneliezz
witlessfool
24 posters

Vampire Knight Chapter 74 Translation

witlessfool
    witlessfool
    Level-E
    Level-E

Warning ZoneVampire Knight Chapter 74 Translation - Page 3 Dropsoa

Vampire Knight Chapter 74 Translation - Page 3 Empty Vampire Knight Chapter 74 Translation

Post by witlessfool Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:29 pm

First topic message reminder :

Same disclaimer as always: English translation of Chinese translation of Japanese is less accurate than direct English translation from Japanese. So take what I've done with a grain of salt. But the general gist is there. I've found that my translation is getting better the more I do so this did come out a low smoother than my previous translation projects. Brackets contains my interpretations of the dodgy areas.

Thanks to pkdesigner for the link to the raws.

Cover page:
    Finally arriving at the forefront...
    (Can be interpreted as “it’s finally here” or something like that)

Page One:
    Yuuki prepares to bite, withdraws, Zero looks at her. “Want to give up?”

Page Two:
    Yuuki looks at Zero. “No, it’s not that.”
    “I only want to take a good look at the face of the one I’m taking blood from, future president of the association.”
    “...I’m not biting Zero simply because he invited me to. Like Zero said, this terrible cause – eh...” (the word is definitely "cause" but I feel like it should be "this terrible thirst" *shrug* ah well)

Page Three:
    Still Yuuki, “Please help me... I really want Zero’s blood now. I... I’ve always suppressed my thirst.”
    “Only need a little bit... Because, if it’s enough to satisfy, then I can definitely work hard to become pureblood Kaname’s... .”
    To return to the past is no longer allowed...
    Zero stares. “Ah... If it’s not like that, then I would be interfering...”
    I can no longer restrain myself –

Page Four:
    Yuuki, “Zero is so calm, yet I’m so very nervous.”
    “Just for now, can Zero please don’t think about anything...”
    Zero, “It doesn’t matter. There’s nothing inside my heart that, if you peeped, would interfere...”

Page Five:
    Zero, “Your matter... I don’t think about it any longer...”
    “It’s only, occasionally, when your fragment inside me awakens... that thoughts of you would appear...”

Page Six:
    I don’t think about it anymore. Only occasionally, when your fragment inside me awakens...
    Real life Yuuki stares at the Yuuki inside Zero’s mind, who’s sitting on the tree root over a cemetery yard with a black wolf behind her.
    The Yuuki in Zero’s mind says, “It’s okay, don’t worry.”

Page Seven:
    The Yuuki in Zero’s mind, “The thing Zero’s most afraid of, is now sleeping deeply inside...”
    Real life Yuuki turns around to find Zero/Ichiru (hard to tell) behind her. He says, “There, protecting the coffin, is only a memory.”

Page Eight:
    Real-life Zero, with Yuuki drinking from him, “Hey, don’t peep inside me.”
    Yuuki withdraws.

Page Nine:
    Yuuki, “I didn’t look at anything...” (Interpreted as I didn’t look at anything in particular/I didn’t specifically snoop for that etc.)
    “It’s nothing,” Yuuki wipes her mouth. “Unlike a certain peeping someone from before...”
    On a certain level...
    There’s an impression of the black wolf...

“Huh?”
    “Ah...” Zero mutters, clutching at his throat.
    “Ah, it’s not like that,” Yuuki, panicking. “I didn’t mean it that way. Zero is...”
    “Still... Zero...”
    Hunger and thirst...
    How is it...?

Yuuki clenches her hand.

Page Ten:
    Yuuki, “Sorry, I should apologize... Thank you...”
    The moment I bit into Zero’s neck, my mind suddenly calmed down and my fangs extended for someone I had absolute no intention of drinking from
    I, in accordance with the agreement,

Page Eleven:
    To not respond to Zero’s actions is impossible –
    Sara – in her shiny new uniform – joining the Night Class
    Yuuki at the door

Page Twelve:
    Shiki, “Hey, are you being serious when you say that?”
    Hanabusa, “I’ve always been very serious!”
    Continuing, “Even if we’re surrounded by the association, it’s still the same. As our purebloods and monarchs’ subordinate, let me spy around, okay.”
    Shiki, stone-faced, “So basically, you want us to take over and assist our temporary dorm president?”
    Hanabusa, flushing, “Yes, the current situation is highly damaging to what we hope to achieve.”
    Shiki, “Although we really do need those information, Aidou-kun...”

Page Thirteen:
    Shiki, continued, “Didn’t you once say Kaname-sama gave you the role of temporary dorm president? And are you sure it’s okay for you to leave her side?”
    Hanabusa, looking grave, “That... well...”
    Hanabusa, looking away, “That’s not a problem.”
    “At her side, there’s an anti-pureblood hunter to keep an eye on things.”

Page Fourteen:
    Yuuki, as she walks past Zero, “Zero, these days, are there any Day Class students sneaking out at night time?”
    Zero, “I’m looking into it now.”
    Two night class girls can be spotted.

Page Fifteen:
    Yuuki pats Zero on the back, “I’ll leave it to you then.”

Page Sixteen:
    Yuuki, hides behind the wall. “Ah, I didn’t act too unnatural, did I?”
    To converse in an extremely simple manner?
    Doesn’t matter. As long as I can start afresh with Zero...

Yuuki sinks to the floor. *pause* “Ah... must quickly get to the classroom.”

Page Seventeen:
    Zero, “Alright already, hurry up and get back to your dorms. Go!”
    Kaien, “Thanks for the hard work, Zero-kun.”
    Zero, “Chairman Kaien, Kaito.”
    Kaien, “I can see a little bit of the old Yuuki. And you always obediently making yourself useful. That, above all else, makes me happy.”
    Zero, “That rascal shares the same aspiration as yours. Now she’s at the school desperately trying her hardest. It’s because of that request, that I’m doing what things that cannot be avoided.”

Page Eighteen:
    Kaien, “There’s no point in arguing... But you.”
    “Back then, there was nothing that could stop you. You only ever wanted to rush forward to kill Kaname-kun, using the dangerous risk he posed as an excuse.”
    “Yet now, to suddenly change and become obedient, it’s really worrying.”
    Zero thought about it, then smiled.

Page Nineteen:
    Zero, “Kaname Kuran, hasn’t he already decided to kill off the pureblood race?”
    “If that’s the case, in my opinion, there’s no reason for me to rush forward to stop him.”
    Kaien looked at him. “... Those words, I’ll pretend I didn’t hear them.”

Page Twenty:
    Kaien, “As the chairman of peace agreement, I cannot ignore Kaname-kun’s recent behaviour.”
    “It’s also because of Yuuki...”
    On the staircase, Rima, “We’re late.”
    Shiki, “Yeah, well, that’s only because Aidou wouldn’t stop talking.”
    They open the door and pause.

Page Twenty-One:
    Yuuki kneeling on the floor. Sara glowing in her chair. (The sound-effect next to the pen on the floor is “general mumbling”)
    The board has two sheets. One says “Ichijou-senpai,” with the word “resigning” after it. On the column next to it has “Sara” The word you see repeated three times is the Chinese way of keeping tally (it’s a word with five strokes, so it’s scores of five). So it looks like Sara has seventeen votes and on the sheet next to it, you can see Yuuki has only one vote.
    Rima, shocked, “Why are you looking so utterly defeated?”
    Yuuki slowly turns around, “Because of the gap in charisma, Sara-san became Dorm President.”

Page Twenty-Two:
    Sara, glowing, “But the actual duties, I want to relinquish over to Yuuki-san. For me, the responsibility is too major.”
    Yuuki, “Ah... okay.”
    Rima, shocked, “Ah, to be forced to accept the job.”
    Ichijou looks really ... off. “...”
    Shiki, “? Ichijou-senpai?” Then, he noticed something and turned to his right.
    “Ah!” Maria at the window.

Page Twenty-Three:
    Maria, “Zero-kun.”
    Teacher, “Okay, everyone. Can we please start the lesson?”
    Rima, “Suddenly, I have an uneasy feeling about what’s to come.”
    Shiki, “Yeah...”
    Sara, “Oh, everyone, let’s not trouble the teacher any longer. Let’s return to our seats.”
    Yuuki, “Ichijou-senpai, regarding yesterday’s discussion, can we continue discussing it a bit later?”
    Ichijou, “Ah, is this the issue regarding the new blood tablets?”

Page Twenty-Four
    Ichijou, smiling, “Sorry, that was my mistake. There’s no problem.”
    Yuuki, Shiki, Rima. “Ichijou-senpai...?”
    Elsewhere.
    Ruka, “This must be -sama’s house... They’re really cautious about the whereabouts of the pureblood’s residence.”
    (Sorry, I can't be bothered guess what the pureblood's name was. Chinese translation uses the same character as the Japanese kanji but the pronunciation is bound to be different. So even if I did guess, it's bound to be wrong. I'm going to leave this to the Japanese experts once the originial raws are out.)

Page Twenty-Five:
    Akatsuki spots something, “You better stay here and do the task you were assigned to do. I’m going to go over there and see what those strange people are doing.”

Page Twenty-Six:
    Akatsuki dashes over, sees this queue of people getting bottles of the new blood tablets. “What... is this...?”
    “Ruka.” Kaname arrives. “Today’s all thanks to you doing all this difficult work. I must really thank you.”

Page Twenty-Seven:
    Ruka, looking rather withdrawn. “Although here’s quite far away from the road, but it’s still fairly close to where the humans are living.”
    “Okay, I’ll go and do my best to lead them away.”
    Kaien arrives with a sword. “I was just thinking you were probably going to arrive here, Kaname-kun.”

Page Twenty-Eight
    Kaname, “Chairman Kaien... are you here as the chairman of the peace agreement association?”
    Kaien, “Also as Yuuki’s adoptive father. I’m here to inform you that I’ve already decided I will not be returning Yuuki to you.”
    Kaname looks down, “Yuuki is already walking her own path and living by her own decisions... Chairman Kaien.”

Page Twenty-Nine:
    Kaname, continues, “I no longer have the means to bind her to me. Therefore”
    “For you to take Yuuki away from my side like this, I am very grateful.”
    Kaien, draws out sword. “Is that because, in your goal to eliminate the pureblood race, Yuuki is your Achilles’ Heel?” (The literal translation is “will she be your stumbling block” as in she may cause you to stumble, as in she’ll prevent you from achieving your goal. But I think Achilles’ Heel says pretty much the same thing...)

Page Thirty:
    Kaname, “That’s right.”
    “If you are to stop me, then you would be eliminated too.”

Kaname vs Cross (last 2 are actually kanji characters and not Chinese so I don't know what it says, sorry!)

FINISH!

Also, Hino-sensei appears to be taking a break T_T So two months till the next chapter comes out.

Hope you guys enjoy this! cheers

Witless Fool king

My thoughts: In Zero's head, the cemetery represents the thing he's most afraid of - sinking down the Level E. The fragments of Yuuki and Kaname that he consumed is keeping it at bay (represented by the tree). So that's why they're watching over/guarding the coffin. (Somebody suggested it could also be Shizuka) I think it's sad, for Zero at least, how even the fragment of Yuuki he consumed has Kaname next to her, watching over her. It's almost as if he can never get a piece of Yuuki just for himself if you know what I mean. (That's just my impression of the scene).

Last edited by witlessfool on Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:15 pm; edited 2 times in total

juliet
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Vampire Knight Chapter 74 Translation - Page 3 Empty Re: Vampire Knight Chapter 74 Translation

Post by juliet Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:44 pm

sari15 wrote:
    I think Ichiru was referring to the Yuuki on the tree limb. Her human side was just a 'memory' for Zero. Yuuki was talking about what was IN the casket, Ichiru spoke of what was ON the casket. What that means for Zero's feelings, we don't know. We also haven't seen what feelings look like when they are drank. But Ichiru saying "There, protecting the coffin, is just a memory."

Which either means Zero was telling the truth when he said he was over her or he's mourned the past and accepted Yuuki's transformation and what is representing her in this world is just his memory of her back then.

And yes, if Zero doesn't want his feelings for Yuuki known, I'd drag her away from Ichiru too.

Watch it though, because if Zero's feelings are burried but Yuuki is presented with her past self that would mean (to my poor imagination) that his feelings (the one burried) would refer to a past age where Yuuki was human because that "memory" is the one he cherishes, even though yes Kaname would be unexplained there, unless affraid affraid affraid LOL I am kidding...
    loveiszero
    loveiszero
    Level-E
    Level-E

Vampire Knight Chapter 74 Translation - Page 3 Empty Re: Vampire Knight Chapter 74 Translation

Post by loveiszero Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:49 pm

juliet wrote:
    sari15 wrote:
    I think Ichiru was referring to the Yuuki on the tree limb. Her human side was just a 'memory' for Zero. Yuuki was talking about what was IN the casket, Ichiru spoke of what was ON the casket. What that means for Zero's feelings, we don't know. We also haven't seen what feelings look like when they are drank. But Ichiru saying "There, protecting the coffin, is just a memory."

Which either means Zero was telling the truth when he said he was over her or he's mourned the past and accepted Yuuki's transformation and what is representing her in this world is just his memory of her back then.

And yes, if Zero doesn't want his feelings for Yuuki known, I'd drag her away from Ichiru too.

Watch it though, because if Zero's feelings are burried but Yuuki is presented with her past self that would mean (to my poor imagination) that his feelings (the one burried) would refer to a past age where Yuuki was human because that "memory" is the one he cherishes, even though yes Kaname would be unexplained there, unless affraid affraid affraid LOL I am kidding...

I like it this way. We are still left wondering what his true feelings are. Ambiguity in this sense is good. But really, loooks like its gonna be a long long time until the LT is solved. Maybe in 30 more chapters? Damn 2.5 years seems like a long way to go.

@Juliet: I rofl at the possibility of Kaname and...
    juliet
    juliet
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Humor : Anytime...

Post by juliet Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:54 pm

loveiszero wrote:
    juliet wrote:
    sari15 wrote:

I like it this way. We are still left wondering what his true feelings are. Ambiguity in this sense is good. But really, loooks like its gonna be a long long time until the LT is solved. Maybe in 30 more chapters? Damn 2.5 years seems like a long way to go.

@Juliet: I rofl at the possibility of Kaname and...

LOL yes this is why I prefer the level e scenario, more complete, provides more answers, justifies Kaname (even though you miss all the fun if you choose it rofl rofl ) but has no "dangers" LOL..
    sari15
    Human

Post by sari15 Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:04 pm

juliet wrote:
    That was the version he was with for 4 years. The one he fell in love with in the first place. What sort of 'memories' does he have with the vampire Yuuki up to this point? Nothing really good... This is the one that fought to keep him alive, fought to stay by his side and he trusted. This place, whatever it is, obviously can morph and change depending on your feelings, adding and removing things depending on your life. His representation of Yuuki can change as he gets to know her.

I'm not even referring to what's in the casket in general here. I do think that's the level E. I think by this point it's possible we're getting a clear look at what his feelings are just by looking at this overall scene and what is said in them to her. The same thing happened with Kaname when ALL those people were there, including Shizuka.

Maybe Zero's not as good at hiding his feelings as he thought he'd be when he said that...

And yes. 2.5 years we'll still have the LT. Kill us all now Vampire Knight Chapter 74 Translation - Page 3 215456
    Howl4fun
    Howl4fun
    Common Vampire
    Common Vampire

Post by Howl4fun Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:11 pm

Anneliezz wrote:
    Howl4fun wrote:The only thing bothering me now is the art. Hino doesn't draw any character as well and even epic as she used to. The Rido arc and a while afterwards had the best art IMO. Now it looks as Hino's gotten lazy. Maybe it'll look better in the volumes when the quality is proper and she redraws stuff though. I hope so at least bounce
    Indeed, I hope so too. Finally a decent zeki moment and it is not drawn on it's best. Don't get me wrong, I'm grateful for the moment but I had hoped it would've been drawn as good as the goodbye at the end of the first arc. I agree too that that moment had the best art. I'm hoping it'll improve again....

Agreed >___> I miss this Zero

Vampire Knight Chapter 74 Translation - Page 3 Vampire-knight-1577771

and this Yuuki

Vampire Knight Chapter 74 Translation - Page 3 Vampire-knight-1577665

Where did that passion and incredible emotion in their faces go? ;_; Yuuki's eyes used to be eyes, now they're more than often drawn like two empthy holes... to mention one thing. Hope Hino realizes herself and improves again, like you said.
    loveiszero
    loveiszero
    Level-E
    Level-E

Post by loveiszero Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:23 pm

@Howl: I agree with you on the eyes thing. I know it's gothic style, but now they don't seem to really have eyes anymore.
    On the plus side, Hino is still good at drawing Kaname and Zero's bodies, gosh, they look insanely hot, espcially when they're not in their uniform, wearing those long trench coats, accentuating their tall build...(sorry, fangirling mode was turned on LOL )
    Anneliezz
    Anneliezz
    Pureblood Vampire
    Pureblood Vampire

Humor : 1.Being a pure(blood) pervert. 2. Installing the day-class-spy-cameras in zero's room 3.WCZF-club!!

Post by Anneliezz Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:35 pm

Howl4fun wrote:
    Anneliezz wrote:
    Howl4fun wrote:The only thing bothering me now is the art. Hino doesn't draw any character as well and even epic as she used to. The Rido arc and a while afterwards had the best art IMO. Now it looks as Hino's gotten lazy. Maybe it'll look better in the volumes when the quality is proper and she redraws stuff though. I hope so at least bounce
    Indeed, I hope so too. Finally a decent zeki moment and it is not drawn on it's best. Don't get me wrong, I'm grateful for the moment but I had hoped it would've been drawn as good as the goodbye at the end of the first arc. I agree too that that moment had the best art. I'm hoping it'll improve again....

and this Yuuki

Where did that passion and incredible emotion in their faces go? ;_; Yuuki's eyes used to be eyes, now they're more than often drawn like two empthy holes... to mention one thing. Hope Hino realizes herself and improves again, like you said.
    Yes, with the lack of detail, is indeed what annoys me the most: their expressionless faces. Zero, for example, used to be such an expressive character at the moments he dicided to show his true emotions.loved that about him. Especially here (http://manga.animea.net/vampire-knight-chapter-29-page-29.html , http://manga.animea.net/vampire-knight-chapter-29-page-30.html, or here : http://manga.animea.net/vampire-knight-chapter-40-page-14.html, even the bonus chapters were a lot better : http://sagakure.livejournal.com/359606.html )Now he remains just totaly expressionless all the time :S. Well, since there is development in the zeki relation, at least that should improve.

@ loveiszero: haha indeed xD at least someting left to fangirl over xD (a lot of fangirling x) )
    Howl4fun
    Howl4fun
    Common Vampire
    Common Vampire

Post by Howl4fun Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:03 am

Yes, with the lack of detail, is indeed what annoys me the most: their expressionless faces. Zero, for example, used to be such an expressive character at the moments he dicided to show his true emotions.loved that about him. Especially here (http://manga.animea.net/vampire-knight-chapter-29-page-29.html , http://manga.animea.net/vampire-knight-chapter-29-page-30.html, or here : http://manga.animea.net/vampire-knight-chapter-40-page-14.html, even the bonus chapters were a lot better : http://sagakure.livejournal.com/359606.html )Now he remains just totaly expressionless all the time :S. Well, since there is development in the zeki relation, at least that should improve.

@ loveiszero: haha indeed xD at least someting left to fangirl over xD (a lot of fangirling x) )

Totally. There's a trope for this kind of thing, but I forgot it now... and there's something about Zero's hair, I don't know. It used to be all "wild" and ruffled, now it's often so straight and plain looking. She still draws them really well someplaces however, I love how Zero's drawn in 72 when he teases Yuuki for instance XD And about their bodies, I think it was volume 12 where Hino explains she puts most work into them, how it's interesting and important for her to get the bone structure right. Thank goodness for that at least, having the characters start to develop weird body anatomy would be the worst. Evil or Very Mad Alot of mangas had that happening apparently. But this is getting off topic though so...

Lol about the bite, I love how Yuuki says "How can you be so calm when I'm so nervous?" .. it's probably bias, but the whole tone of the coversation made it sound like they were talking about something else... "please relax/don't think when I do this.".. what?? XD okay, it's getting late so I'll refrain from letting my head completely in the gutter. I'm looking forward to a more proper translation first cheers (not that this one wasn't good, and I love how we got it so quickly) ^^
    kanameknight95
    Human

Post by kanameknight95 Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:11 am

thank u so much for the translation!!! im new here and this forum is the best at keeping up to date with the lates chapters cheers bounce how can kaien point his sword at kaname-- he is juuri's son in a way Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad so disappointed in him. and zero oh my god looks adorable even though im rooting for yume in the end king
    juliet
    juliet
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Post by juliet Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:29 am

Anneliezz wrote:
    Howl4fun wrote:
    Anneliezz wrote:

and this Yuuki

couldn't agree more on the drawings, they lack detail and the sketches look to rough up...m..we had also discussed that in the past - dont remember the thread right now...and Limbra had also posted awsome comparison of kaname back and now, also about the hair, now they are more stuck (like they are wet if you take time to compare it with the more volume up style they had). Perhaps Hino lacks assistance?

@kanameknigh welcome I hope you shall enjoy this..

cheers cheers cheers
    Howl4fun
    Howl4fun
    Common Vampire
    Common Vampire

Post by Howl4fun Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:36 am

also about the hair, now they are more stuck (like they are wet if you take time to compare it with the more volume up style they had).

That's exactly it. um... things have been running slow for a while though, so maybe when the plot moves up and more epic stuff starts again (battles, love scenes etc) the art will also be better. hopes for it Smile
    Rose.Petals
    Rose.Petals
    Human

Post by Rose.Petals Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:50 am

Howl4fun wrote:
    also about the hair, now they are more stuck (like they are wet if you take time to compare it with the more volume up style they had).

That's exactly it. um... things have been running slow for a while though, so maybe when the plot moves up and more epic stuff starts again (battles, love scenes etc) the art will also be better. hopes for it Smile

I agree. If you think about it, not that much happened in this chapter. Hino is really dragging all of this out.

Also, I foresee Kaname and Zero being the ones to take Sara out.

At least it's been confirmed that Kaname gave Yuuki the key when he did because he did not plan on coming back to her. The last scene before he left her seems so bittersweet now.

I also wonder if Aidou suspects Kaname's real intentions?
    Knightmare
    Knightmare
    Common Vampire
    Common Vampire

Humor : Satirical

Post by Knightmare Fri Jul 22, 2011 2:22 am

thanks witlessfool for all your work.

So Kaname's going to kill all the purebloods? If he's going to make an exception for Yuki, why not for Isaya? I don't have a problem with Kaien threatening Kaname if he thinks Kaname is going to kill his friend. In spite of his words, I think Kaname will walk away from it (Isaya) for now. i don't think we're going to see a fight next chapter between them.

I don't really believe its his plan to kill all the purebloods anyway, he's only gone after the heads of families so far including Nagamichi.

So Sara is now sitting back and watching the effects of her bloodtablets. how boring.

i loved the zeki scene. yuuki wasn't rushed at all, her biting of zero was careful and thought through and Zero of course, wasn't bothered at all by her biting his neck.

Zero not going after kaname cos he's ok with the purebloods being killed is idiotic. he's not thinking about the consequences at all and its stupid not to be suspcious about what kaname is up to. that's all rather stupid. other than that, it was cute that kaien is happy that his two children are getting on and Zero's back to obediently following her direction.

loveiszero
    loveiszero
    Level-E
    Level-E

Post by loveiszero Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:54 am

Okay, so now that Yuuki is full, what about Zero? We know for a fact that he's been hungry as well. Maybe more friends with benefit scenes later on? Would be interesting if he bit Maria, the same way Kaname did with (damn, can't even remember her name now) to relieve his thirst?
    Howl4fun
    Howl4fun
    Common Vampire
    Common Vampire

Post by Howl4fun Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:10 am

Zero not going after kaname cos he's ok with the purebloods being killed is idiotic. he's not thinking about the consequences at all and its stupid not to be suspcious about what kaname is up to. that's all rather stupid. other than that, it was cute that kaien is happy that his two children are getting on and Zero's back to obediently following her direction.

And he looked so evil when he said that. When I first saw his face, I was like "...whoa O.o". I'm glad Kaien called him out on it however, "I'm going to pretend I didn't hear that." (tell him Evil or Very Mad ) I also agree with his last action if Isaya is the next pureblood Kaname's going for. I like Isaya, he's among the few purebloods that actually seems nice, so I hope he's not killed as well.

loveiszero wrote:Okay, so now that Yuuki is full, what about Zero? We know for a fact that he's been hungry as well. Maybe more friends with benefit scenes later on?

If the coffin being Zero's level E safely contained is true, then all the thirsting he's been through lately is really for Yuuki only. The fact that the bite was so short/cut off as well would also imply another bite will happen. x3 I love what she says when biting him; "Please help me... I really want Zero's blood now." "I can no longer restrain myself..." "When I bit into Zero's neck, my mind suddenly calmed down and my fangs extended for someone I had absolutely no intention of drinking from." Embarassed (favorite line there).
    sweetsolace
    sweetsolace
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Humor : look in the mirror, you'll love it~ ;)
    Warning ZoneVampire Knight Chapter 74 Translation - Page 3 Drops5black

Post by sweetsolace Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:16 am

It occurred to me that the interpretation in ZERO'S COFFIN and the contents inside which he deeply fears works like a dilemma:

1. its his fear of falling to Level E.
    2. its his feelings for Yuki.

For example, choosing his "fear for falling to lvl e" saves his life -he's no longer in danger of becoming one because every piece showed in that scenario how their blood had stabilized him. But this also means Zero's feelings for Yuki are no where to be implied in that scene, and it is exactly as he said it, he had let go of those attachments so he's not fearing to let her see anything.

If one chose the interpretation that the contents of the coffin is his feelings for Yuki, then that leaves his Level E possibility still present. He is still possible to fall in the future, since it was never mentioned he was cured, and that means he can die.

There's only one way around this, and that's to choose one and to let go of the other, otherwise its leaves a compromise for the other.

for me there's just one that makes sense anyway and that the contents of the coffi is zero's fear to become level e, which was stabilized through Ichiru (vines), Shizuka(tree), human Yuki(1st arc), wolf Kaname(Kaname)'s blood, so they are all wrapping around the coffin to suppress it, his deepest fear. And it makes sense, this was the only thing that had occupied his mind since the start of the 2nd arc, not Yuki, IMO, the fact he still kept the gun she gave him means it is his fear, and not his feelings.

And come to think of it, for those who are saying his deepest fears are his feelings for her, WHY would he be AFRAID OF IT? It's not life threatening is it?? he can hide it, sure, but why seal it up in a coffin, or its his deeepest fear?? this reminds me of a phobia of sorts.. maybe fear of falling in love. rofl

howl4fun wrote:Where did that passion and incredible emotion in their faces go? ;_; Yuuki's eyes used to be eyes, now they're more than often drawn like two empthy holes... to mention one thing. Hope Hino realizes herself and improves again, like you said.

agreed. rofl they look like someone put an eye on the hole just for the sake of. rofl what i was missing was the look of determination in her eyes that was quite evident in Rido's fight,now its just diminished.

and agree with the one who said the plot is going downhill

so far the only ones who are making real progress here is Kaname, Ruka and Kain. the rest are fodder for Sara, who even looks like she's playing around. There's a sluggish quality with the way the events are moving, there seems to be a general feeling of MYSTERY and helplessness considering Kaname continues killing yet he never stops to explain why, and none of that was answered until now. Hey and Hino is taking a break. Evil or Very Mad
    loveiszero
    loveiszero
    Level-E
    Level-E

Post by loveiszero Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:07 am

@Sweet:
    I'd go with option 2, simply because it would provide more conflicts for the story. If Zero is all safe and sound, it would be boring. If he is indeed at risk of falling to lvl E, I want to see how Hino gonna swings it, saving him or making a tragic hero out of him LOL. After all, a bittersweet ending is rather poignant.

Hm, about him fearing his feelings for Yuuki, yeah that doesnt make much sense LoL. How about what he fears most is Yuuki herself. Then protecting the coffin=Yuuki, was what he used to do, is now just some memory as pointed out by Ichiru LOL.
    loveiszero
    loveiszero
    Level-E
    Level-E

Post by loveiszero Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:36 am

page 2
    That word is not "a terrible cause". What Yuuki says is "I will bite you not because you've invited me to, but becasue as you've said, it's for our mutual interest."

page 3
    Yuuki: I'll only need a little. If my hunger is sated, then I can do my job as a Kuran, a pureblood.
    Zero: It'll bother me if you don't.

Page 4
    Zero: There's nothing inside my mind that, if you peeped, will bother me.

page 7
    What Zero is most afraid of, is sleeping underneath...

page 9
    It's not "on a certain level" at all! It's "Ichiru's there..." And the next sentence is "And a black wolf that I know of" (literally meaning "I have an impression of")
    The last sentence can be better understood if translated into "How about your hunger?"

page 12
    What Aido means is that "I'm spying around in Kaname's place", although Kaname is only referred to here as "our pureblood ruler".
    班长is not dorm president, but class president. What Shiki means is "So you are acting as our temporary class president, in Kaname's place?"

page 14
    Yuuki is not asking Zero if there are day class students. What she says is "Nearby there are day class students sneaking out at night".

page 17
    那家伙should not be translated into that rasical. From the wording, it can be concluded that the Japanese original is あいつ, a causual indication of "that person", in this case meaning Yuuki. So I think a simple "she" will do. And what Zero means is "She is working very hard in this academy, just as you've hoped. Because you've requested her to do so, she is now doing whatever that needs to be done."

page 18
    Kaien: I can't argue with that.

page 20
    Kaien: Kaname's behavior will not be allowed, even if it's for Yuuki's sake.

page 21
    The sound effect beside the pen is actually the sound of the pen rolling about on the floor. What's written under "Ichijo Senpai" is "abstain". And again, they are electing the class president, not the dorm president.

page 22
    Sara: But I'd like to hand over dorm president duty to Yuuki.
    Rima: She is forced to take over the difficult part of the job.

page 24
    The pureblood mentioned is Isaya-sama.

page 25
    Akatsuki: I'll go over there and see what those strangely-behaving people are doing.

page 26
    Kaname: Today I had to ask you to do all this troublesome workd again . I'm really sorry about that.

page 27
    Kaname: Although this place is far away from streets, it's still close to where humans live. Remember to take alll humans nearby away from here in case something should happen.
    Ruka: OK. I'll use my powers to lead them away.

page 28
    Kaname: Chairman...no, I think you came here as the president of the association.

The last kanji in the last page means NO VK NEXT MONTH...

credited senbyafanatic at LJ

This really clears up the bite scene a bit. I'd still wait for the Japaese raw just to be sure.
    juliet
    juliet
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Post by juliet Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:49 am

loveiszero wrote:@Sweet:
    I'd go with option 2, simply because it would provide more conflicts for the story. If Zero is all safe and sound, it would be boring. If he is indeed at risk of falling to lvl E, I want to see how Hino gonna swings it, saving him or making a tragic hero out of him LOL. After all, a bittersweet ending is rather poignant.

Hm, about him fearing his feelings for Yuuki, yeah that doesnt make much sense LoL. How about what he fears most is Yuuki herself. Then protecting the coffin=Yuuki, was what he used to do, is now just some memory as pointed out by Ichiru LOL.

I guess everyone can choose can he/she wants more. But level-e isn't a very realistic fear? and wouldn't the level-e matter be more serious and tragic for Zero in order to be afraid of it? "Fear" is not something that, in my opinion, can be related to love...not in any case as we see it pictured...protected by Yuuki and Kaname, restrained with vines...is too much for feelings of love that representation, anyway I think that level-e is a major issue for Zero and he tries to hide his fear (due to the fact that he is also proud about that, he does not like admitting his weakeness).

Now about his feelings for Yuuki (if Yuuki could taste them or not), I still think that if they were very intense he probably could not hide them (in comparison to his memories and inner thoughts) that as Yuuki said he tried not to think about. Or this or I am under false impression about feelings.

Now I understand that the scene does not fully responds to the fans expectations. Zekis were anticipating more of answers but the scene is subbtle more like an agreement and the start of a reconciliation than a "revealing" scene where feelings are exposed.

I am a Yume fan so I can't help it, my interpretation to be bias (towards the more friendship resolution type for these two) but actually I can't help, want to rant a bit about it. What is Hino waiting for?

1. Zero takes Yuuki's blood before she leaves the academy > there are no "deeper secret feelings" again there reflected.
    2. Yuuki takes Zero's blood now, again there is nothing that indicates strong feelings of love sundelly revealed to her.

So if Hino wants to promote Zeki and upgrade their bond, how many bitings are we supposed to expect? Honestly even if neither wants to accept feelings, this is dragging too much from the script's perspective.

Isn't the whole thing far too much postponed or played around too many times, in a rate that it becomes even cliche?

There are far more to say and to go into but I will leave that here for now, so not to jump into many matters at once.

So Kaname's going to kill all the purebloods? If he's going to make an exception for Yuki, why not for Isaya? I don't have a problem with Kaien threatening Kaname if he thinks Kaname is going to kill his friend. In spite of his words, I think Kaname will walk away from it (Isaya) for now. i don't think we're going to see a fight next chapter between them.

I don't really believe its his plan to kill all the purebloods anyway, he's only gone after the heads of families so far including Nagamichi.

I do not beieve it either..meanwhile you are talking about Zero's stance to be idiotic but if that is really Kaname's plan (to kill all purebloods), thats even more idiotic since the leading major factor thar causes troubles,Sara is left loose...what is he doing? keeping her for the end, after she has enslaved all town? there are parts here that are left unexplained....

@Loveiszero thanks for the posting...
    loveiszero
    loveiszero
    Level-E
    Level-E

Post by loveiszero Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:08 pm

@Juliet: I agree with your interpretation on Zero's fear.

And you're right, it's been dragging for way too long. Its like one step forward 2 steps back. I'm more interested in what Kaname's doing and the association's action.

*Ranting ahead...
    I think Hino is trying to leave "clue" about Zeki, for the freaking big revelation later,but her way of going at it annoys me. I'm ok with either pair being final couple, both would make sense if they become end game, but this LT is going nowhere, it only paints the characters, mainly Yuuki, in not every favorable light. So was she sated? She looks pretty cheerfully there, considering she just went against her promise to not drink anyone else's blood and to run away from Zero. Where is the anguish/guilt, even just a bit? Though I'll give her pop to even think about Zero's hunger at all there, this way, he doesn't look as used.

Ok, I'm done ranting for now lol*

1. Zero takes Yuuki's blood before she leaves the academy > there are no "deeper secret feelings" again there reflected.

For 1: We found out right afterward that Yuuki has feeling for Zero, as stated by Kaname.So feelings were there, but for Zero to not taste it, maybe blood doesnt always reveal feeling? Well, probably not, probably just Hino way of stringing us along.

juliet
    juliet
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Post by juliet Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:33 pm

loveiszero wrote:@Juliet: I agree with your interpretation on Zero's fear.

And you're right, it's been dragging for way too long. Its like one step forward 2 steps back. I'm more interested in what Kaname's doing and the association's action.

I agree, at least Kaname's actions are here a real puzzle to consider, even though the latest chapters have made me more conservative in what to expect. It could all be a hot potatoe from Hino's part?

By the way as I understand the last scene, Kain is afraid that Kaname goes to Isaya to kill him* that is Kain's conclusion due to the fact that he had been watching Kaname's previous actions. But Isaya and the Kurans were in alliance in the past, so I am really questioning here about Kaname's visit. It might not be that hostile as Kaien fears...

I also agree with Knightmare that said that probably we shall see no real confrontation here...I think that would also be quite early...

*Ranting ahead...
    Where is the anguish/guilt, even just a bit? Though I'll give her pop to even think about Zero's hunger at all there, this way, he doesn't look as used.
    Ok, I'm done for now lol*

Ah very interesting point. The one you could debate for hours. I am not going to over develop it, not now ( I am out of time lol) but that's a good observation to reflect upon...

-is it a plot hole?
    -Yuuki's delayed response (?, okay we say she is late in general, in this chapter she remembered to ask Takuma about the tablets (better now than ever, if she had asked also Kaname prior to leaving with whom she had the Kurans, I would have been very pleased - I am stuck with that matter, sorry rofl -
    -she does not care
    -she is not actually feeling regrets since the cause (to stand up for her task) justifies the means (she also had reflected her promise to Kaname in the previous chapter but she seems to justify it under that view that she must do it for the good of her position. So in her mind she did nothing of a romantic nature that would justify inner regrets and remorse. Her action was directed by logic and not feelings.

Smiling is good; she stabled her hunger/thirst (whatever), but most importantly her relation with Zero is improving > either romantic or from the friendship point of view (because in any case that was something that hurt in the past-Zero's attitude) it's logical she must be feeling a lot better now.

For 1: We found out right afterward that Yuuki has feeling for Zero, as stated by Kaname.So feelings were there, but for Zero to not taste it, maybe blood doesnt always reveal feeling? Well, probably not, probably just Hino way of stringing us along.

It's strange Zero could taste Yuuki's feelings for Kaname, Kaname could taste Yuuki's feelings for Zero (one year after -so that means that her feeling were more intense there back due to the separation from a beloved person. Isn't Yuuki supposed to get the same intensity here? (but perhaps as you say we can not really be based on that fact).
    If that so, it really makes the Zeki's biting scene anticipation, that was generated a bit worthless or perhaps we are chasing shadows of the past.

loveiszero
    loveiszero
    Level-E
    Level-E

Post by loveiszero Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:51 pm

I think whether it was Zero's blood or any feelings involved here is irrelevant. Her promise is just to drink only Kaname's blood. She had a pretty good debate with herself last chapter after all. So she *should* feel guilt, romantic nature or not. But this is Yuuki we're talking about. The power of self justify is great. Plot hole, slowness or just plain uncaring could all fit.
    Knightmare
    Knightmare
    Common Vampire
    Common Vampire

Humor : Satirical

Post by Knightmare Fri Jul 22, 2011 2:14 pm

juliet wrote:

It's strange Zero could taste Yuuki's feelings for Kaname, Kaname could taste Yuuki's feelings for Zero (one year after -so that means that her feeling were more intense there back due to the separation from a beloved person. Isn't Yuuki supposed to get the same intensity here? (but perhaps as you say we can not really be based on that fact).
    I don't think there's any science in it. Yuuki still doubts Kaname's feelings towards her. Though Kaname is aware of Yuuki's attachment to Zero, is Zero aware of it? He doesn't say anything about it. Seems to me, that half of what they know about people's feelings are half observational and personal interpretations.

I have no doubts about Zero's attachment to Yuuki, so if Yuuki isn't commenting on it, there's a reason. And the reason is that this is going to be drawn out for as long as painfully possible.

If that so, it really makes the Zeki's biting scene anticipation, that was generated a bit worthless or perhaps we are chasing shadows of the past.
    I thought it was good, no rush resolution, the worth is as you said above, their relationship is repairing and they are starting afresh (I wonder if Zero knows that?), but ultimately, they have found common ground. 3 chapters earlier, Yuuki was declaring they would never see eye to eye.

but hino's done that a couple of times now. yuuki and her mission, the revelation of kaname's past to yuuki, these had no impact beyond their chapters. maybe the future will prove that wrong and give these some point.
    nina
    nina
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Humor : Black sarcasm

Post by nina Fri Jul 22, 2011 2:43 pm

knightmare wrote: So Kaname's going to kill all the purebloods? If he's going to make an exception for Yuki, why not for Isaya? I don't have a problem with Kaien threatening Kaname if he thinks Kaname is going to kill his friend. In spite of his words, I think Kaname will walk away from it (Isaya) for now. i don't think we're going to see a fight next chapter between them.

I agree I don’t think that he wants to kill all the PBs (if I remember correctly the number must be around 30). His visit at Isaya’s for me is a bit fishy if not for anything else but because Isaya was friend with the Kurans in the past. So that alone is fishy. Furthermore the fact that everyone assuming that he’s planning to kill all the PBs (viz Hino provides that as his plan so casually) makes me again wondering … It was his plan so simple after all??? Then why he was sitting back, waiting Sara to awaken Hana in order to start his original plan. I don’t know it seems very simple and it would be disappointing such an easy plot … at least for my expectations.
    Also I don’t see a fight either between Kaname and Cross … if ever would be to happen such confrontation I think it’s too early for that.

loveiszero wrote: Okay, so now that Yuuki is full, what about Zero?

I’d like to state my POV over Yuuki’s satiety … this scene has nothing to do with her old statement that “one part of my heart blah blah” … The core of this scene was Yuuki’s hunger due to lack of fresh blood. I mean that it has nothing to do with emotional satisfaction that only the loved one can bring.

What I mean is …
    Yuuki the first period after her separation from Kaname didn’t show any sign of thirst or bloodlust. The signs started to show after a few months which mean the time gap from her last meal was the first factor which influences/triggered her thirst.
    So even IF she wasn’t aplenty satisfied from Kaname’s blood (emotionally) she still had no sign of hunger which means that at least her natural need for blood/food was covered.
    IMO the same thing happened in the recent scene with Zero … she needed blood as food, to cover/satisfy her basic need and not to satisfy any emotional need. The scene with Yori in the previous chapter IMO was there to show how huge was Yuuki’s hunger, except if another part of her heart belongs to Yori too and needs her blood to be fully satisfied haha.

My point is that this bite didn’t have an emotional base (as I want to bite him to explore my feelings or out of passion) but was laying on her basic need for food. Ofc her feelings for Zero either friendly or something more it was a factor to bite him as she had felt agitated from Yori’s blood as well and not from Takuma’s for example.

I think the rephrased line clarifies the meaning >>>

Yuuki: “I'll only need a little. If my hunger is sated, then I can do my job as a Kuran, a pureblood.”

She clearly referring to her hunger due to lack of blood which as many of us said previously it started to be an obstacle for her objectives … NC, go after Kaname etc.
    I had said before the chapter 74 comes out that if Yuuki went through with the bite, in the way the last panel (chap. 73) was leading us to believe, then it would be an act to hurt Zero and careless due to his trauma. But the way it actually happened signifies that Yuuki didn’t want to hurt him and that’s why stopped and tried to put the things in the right base.
    She clarified that she needed a bit of blood to restore her strength << something which is their common interest.

This phrase >>> "I will bite you not because you've invited me to, but because as you've said, it's for our mutual interest." >>> put things in the right place and in the right dimension for this bite. And I’m talking only for this particular bite.

loveiszero wrote: Where is the anguish/guilt, even just a bit?

juliet wrote: she is not actually feeling regrets since the cause (to stand up for her task) justifies the means (she also had reflected her promise to Kaname in the previous chapter but she seems to justify it under that view that she must do it for the good of her position. So in her mind she did nothing of a romantic nature that would justify inner regrets and remorse. Her action was directed by logic and not feelings.

Exactly, totally agree … there is no remorse, no guilt, no anguish there … and I would add that her action was directed and by her basic need for food/fresh blood. In my opinion there is no such feelings cuz it was a friendly “exchange” from both sides, clarified BEFORE the bite takes place. The careful bite from Yuuki was a clear mutual agreement which restores their friendship and I hope nullify the enemies status, something that was hurting Yuuki too much and I suspect the same goes for Zero too. She was happy afterwards cuz as she thought, “something was broken” and she couldn’t do anything to fix it. So now they can start a new relationship as from the moment she saw Zero for the first time.

The last panel from the previous chapter had raised great expectations which in the end “translated” to something emotionless and totally passionless … the comparison is smashing for the long awaiting EPIC bite …

> Yuuki’s bite to Kaname … “I only want this mans blood”
    http://www.mangareader.net/104-2162-16/vampire-knight/chapter-36.html
    http://www.mangareader.net/104-2162-17/vampire-knight/chapter-36.html
    http://www.mangareader.net/104-2162-18/vampire-knight/chapter-36.html

> Zero’s farewell … “I only desired your blood Yuuki”
    http://www.mangareader.net/104-2172-22/vampire-knight/chapter-46.html
    http://www.mangareader.net/104-2172-23/vampire-knight/chapter-46.html

> And Kaname’s bite … “I finally have my beloved girl in my arms to spend the eternity together …”
    http://www.mangareader.net/104-2177-32/vampire-knight/chapter-49.html
    http://www.mangareader.net/104-2177-33/vampire-knight/chapter-49.html
    http://www.mangareader.net/104-2177-34/vampire-knight/chapter-49.html

These ^^^^ bites are EPIC and full of passion and emotions. Whoever wants to compare … the road is open …

Now why Hino chose to depict this bite in such way is open to interpretations but what this particular bite was about I think isn’t seriously debatable.

sweetsolace wrote: for me there's just one that makes sense anyway and that the contents of the coffi is zero's fear to become level e, which was stabilized through Ichiru (vines), Shizuka(tree), human Yuki(1st arc), wolf Kaname(Kaname)'s blood, so they are all wrapping around the coffin to suppress it, his deepest fear. And it makes sense, this was the only thing that had occupied his mind since the start of the 2nd arc, not Yuki, IMO, the fact he still kept the gun she gave him means it is his fear, and not his feelings.

And come to think of it, for those who are saying his deepest fears are his feelings for her, WHY would he be AFRAID OF IT? It's not life threatening is it?? he can hide it, sure, but why seal it up in a coffin, or its his deeepest fear?? this reminds me of a phobia of sorts.. maybe fear of falling in love.

Haha lol. Are his feelings for Yuuki more frightful than his level-eness??? Furthermore these feelings were laid under Shizuka (sakura tree)??? What for? Did Shizuka “help” him to bury his feelings for Yuuki? It doesn’t make any sense…

No … I think the wrapped coffin with veins is his fear to fall into a level-e. That’s why is buried under the tree (Shizuka) and is “guarded” from the blood which still runs to his veins >> the human Yuuki, who gave him her blood and prolonged his life cuz she suppressed his uncontrollably thirst at that time and Kaname’s wolf (blood), who through him took Shizuka’s blood.
    And IMO Ichirou’s presence symbolizes a) the strength he took by eating him, so the power he should have had from his birth, became eventually his, and b) the conversation he had with Ichirou at the graveyard “revived”/"awoken" Ichirou inside him, helped him to calm down his fears for his humanity >>> sealed that coffin-level-eness for good.

loveiszero
    loveiszero
    Level-E
    Level-E

Post by loveiszero Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:12 pm

Hehe, there is no question that Yuuki needs his blood because she is hungry. Blood is food for vampires, it provides the basic needs.If i'm hungry, even if the stuff I'm putting in my mouth tastes like #$#@ its still better than nothing. If anything, question here should be just how good Zero's blood tastes to her, and this we won't know anytime soon anyway.

The bite is no nowhere near epic, heck even the bite between Zero and Kaname was way sexier. I didnt even think we'd even have one. Why hino chose to have the bite now we'll find out later I guess. But really, if biting solves the LT, thats pretty cliche.
    nina
    nina
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Humor : Black sarcasm

Post by nina Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:41 pm

loveiszero wrote:

The bite is no nowhere near epic, heck even the bite between Zero and Kaname was way sexier. I didnt even think we'd even have one. Why hino chose to have the bite now we'll find out later I guess. But really, if biting solves the LT, thats pretty cliche.

Lol you have absolutely right! cheers My bad that I forgot Kaname-Zero bite. EPIC indeed… drawling drawling

I make up … Here >>>
    http://www.mangareader.net/104-2156-34/vampire-knight/chapter-30.html
    (I love this ^^^ scene) Vampire Knight Chapter 74 Translation - Page 3 1713890440
    http://www.mangareader.net/104-2156-44/vampire-knight/chapter-30.html

Rough as it should be between guys, but full of emotions and HOT hehehe Vampire Knight Chapter 74 Translation - Page 3 1713890440

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 6:08 am