Vampire Knight & Manga Forum

In order to fully enjoy the board and it's function, you can always log in or sign up to an account. Thank you...

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

In order to fully enjoy the board and it's function, you can always log in or sign up to an account. Thank you...

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Α forum dedicated to Hino's Matsuri best-seller manga Vampire Knight and the manga we love

Gallery

Vampire Knight Chapter 74 Translation - Page 4 Empty

Latest topics

» Do you trust Hino?
Vampire Knight Chapter 74 Translation - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2022 12:37 am by juliet

» Our Kaname is here!! Vampire Knight memories chapter 38
Vampire Knight Chapter 74 Translation - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2022 12:35 am by juliet

» Vampire knight Memories 38
Vampire Knight Chapter 74 Translation - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2022 4:18 am by juliet

» Where to Find Vampire Knight Memories Translation
Vampire Knight Chapter 74 Translation - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2022 1:29 am by juliet

» The Final Countdown
Vampire Knight Chapter 74 Translation - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2022 11:43 pm by juliet

» New VK Chapter is HERE!
Vampire Knight Chapter 74 Translation - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 11, 2017 7:42 am by lililovelilica

» Links for Other Vampire Knight Forums and Sites that you like and enjoy!!
Vampire Knight Chapter 74 Translation - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2016 7:25 pm by Saphira_K

» VK Memories CH 6!
Vampire Knight Chapter 74 Translation - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2016 6:13 pm by Saphira_K

» VK Memories
Vampire Knight Chapter 74 Translation - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2016 5:59 pm by Saphira_K

» New VK Chapter SPOILERS!
Vampire Knight Chapter 74 Translation - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2016 5:47 pm by Saphira_K

» New VK Bonus Ch!!
Vampire Knight Chapter 74 Translation - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2015 12:53 am by Saphira_K

» Translation of 'Fleeting Dreams'
Vampire Knight Chapter 74 Translation - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2015 2:20 am by Saphira_K

» Bunko Editions
Vampire Knight Chapter 74 Translation - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2015 2:18 am by Saphira_K

» New Vampire knight Extra
Vampire Knight Chapter 74 Translation - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2015 2:15 am by Saphira_K

» The Musical (Original and Revive)
Vampire Knight Chapter 74 Translation - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2015 2:40 am by Dreamiel

» NEW CHAPTER IN 2015?
Vampire Knight Chapter 74 Translation - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2015 12:16 am by Unknown00

» Newbie in the forum...
Vampire Knight Chapter 74 Translation - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2015 7:13 pm by aisan4494

» Who do you think Yuki loves more: Kaname or Zero?
Vampire Knight Chapter 74 Translation - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2015 7:09 pm by aisan4494

» Zeki or Yume?
Vampire Knight Chapter 74 Translation - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2015 7:04 pm by aisan4494

» So What will happen of Kaname?
Vampire Knight Chapter 74 Translation - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2015 6:25 pm by matei alina

We and the Youtube

Poll

would you like to read a sequel of vk?or is hino thinking of writing one?
Vampire Knight Chapter 74 Translation - Page 4 Bar_left59%Vampire Knight Chapter 74 Translation - Page 4 Bar_right 59% [ 24 ]
Vampire Knight Chapter 74 Translation - Page 4 Bar_left27%Vampire Knight Chapter 74 Translation - Page 4 Bar_right 27% [ 11 ]
Vampire Knight Chapter 74 Translation - Page 4 Bar_left15%Vampire Knight Chapter 74 Translation - Page 4 Bar_right 15% [ 6 ]

Total Votes : 41

Friends

Terry Candy

+20
Victoria91
nateriver
mariangie
Seeker
keira
Knightmare
Rose.Petals
kanameknight95
VaahS
sweetsolace
aya-chan
VampireCythia
nina
Bloodredhead
Howl4fun
loveiszero
sari15
juliet
Anneliezz
witlessfool
24 posters

Vampire Knight Chapter 74 Translation

witlessfool
    witlessfool
    Level-E
    Level-E

Warning ZoneVampire Knight Chapter 74 Translation - Page 4 Dropsoa

Vampire Knight Chapter 74 Translation - Page 4 Empty Vampire Knight Chapter 74 Translation

Post by witlessfool Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:29 pm

First topic message reminder :

Same disclaimer as always: English translation of Chinese translation of Japanese is less accurate than direct English translation from Japanese. So take what I've done with a grain of salt. But the general gist is there. I've found that my translation is getting better the more I do so this did come out a low smoother than my previous translation projects. Brackets contains my interpretations of the dodgy areas.

Thanks to pkdesigner for the link to the raws.

Cover page:
    Finally arriving at the forefront...
    (Can be interpreted as “it’s finally here” or something like that)

Page One:
    Yuuki prepares to bite, withdraws, Zero looks at her. “Want to give up?”

Page Two:
    Yuuki looks at Zero. “No, it’s not that.”
    “I only want to take a good look at the face of the one I’m taking blood from, future president of the association.”
    “...I’m not biting Zero simply because he invited me to. Like Zero said, this terrible cause – eh...” (the word is definitely "cause" but I feel like it should be "this terrible thirst" *shrug* ah well)

Page Three:
    Still Yuuki, “Please help me... I really want Zero’s blood now. I... I’ve always suppressed my thirst.”
    “Only need a little bit... Because, if it’s enough to satisfy, then I can definitely work hard to become pureblood Kaname’s... .”
    To return to the past is no longer allowed...
    Zero stares. “Ah... If it’s not like that, then I would be interfering...”
    I can no longer restrain myself –

Page Four:
    Yuuki, “Zero is so calm, yet I’m so very nervous.”
    “Just for now, can Zero please don’t think about anything...”
    Zero, “It doesn’t matter. There’s nothing inside my heart that, if you peeped, would interfere...”

Page Five:
    Zero, “Your matter... I don’t think about it any longer...”
    “It’s only, occasionally, when your fragment inside me awakens... that thoughts of you would appear...”

Page Six:
    I don’t think about it anymore. Only occasionally, when your fragment inside me awakens...
    Real life Yuuki stares at the Yuuki inside Zero’s mind, who’s sitting on the tree root over a cemetery yard with a black wolf behind her.
    The Yuuki in Zero’s mind says, “It’s okay, don’t worry.”

Page Seven:
    The Yuuki in Zero’s mind, “The thing Zero’s most afraid of, is now sleeping deeply inside...”
    Real life Yuuki turns around to find Zero/Ichiru (hard to tell) behind her. He says, “There, protecting the coffin, is only a memory.”

Page Eight:
    Real-life Zero, with Yuuki drinking from him, “Hey, don’t peep inside me.”
    Yuuki withdraws.

Page Nine:
    Yuuki, “I didn’t look at anything...” (Interpreted as I didn’t look at anything in particular/I didn’t specifically snoop for that etc.)
    “It’s nothing,” Yuuki wipes her mouth. “Unlike a certain peeping someone from before...”
    On a certain level...
    There’s an impression of the black wolf...

“Huh?”
    “Ah...” Zero mutters, clutching at his throat.
    “Ah, it’s not like that,” Yuuki, panicking. “I didn’t mean it that way. Zero is...”
    “Still... Zero...”
    Hunger and thirst...
    How is it...?

Yuuki clenches her hand.

Page Ten:
    Yuuki, “Sorry, I should apologize... Thank you...”
    The moment I bit into Zero’s neck, my mind suddenly calmed down and my fangs extended for someone I had absolute no intention of drinking from
    I, in accordance with the agreement,

Page Eleven:
    To not respond to Zero’s actions is impossible –
    Sara – in her shiny new uniform – joining the Night Class
    Yuuki at the door

Page Twelve:
    Shiki, “Hey, are you being serious when you say that?”
    Hanabusa, “I’ve always been very serious!”
    Continuing, “Even if we’re surrounded by the association, it’s still the same. As our purebloods and monarchs’ subordinate, let me spy around, okay.”
    Shiki, stone-faced, “So basically, you want us to take over and assist our temporary dorm president?”
    Hanabusa, flushing, “Yes, the current situation is highly damaging to what we hope to achieve.”
    Shiki, “Although we really do need those information, Aidou-kun...”

Page Thirteen:
    Shiki, continued, “Didn’t you once say Kaname-sama gave you the role of temporary dorm president? And are you sure it’s okay for you to leave her side?”
    Hanabusa, looking grave, “That... well...”
    Hanabusa, looking away, “That’s not a problem.”
    “At her side, there’s an anti-pureblood hunter to keep an eye on things.”

Page Fourteen:
    Yuuki, as she walks past Zero, “Zero, these days, are there any Day Class students sneaking out at night time?”
    Zero, “I’m looking into it now.”
    Two night class girls can be spotted.

Page Fifteen:
    Yuuki pats Zero on the back, “I’ll leave it to you then.”

Page Sixteen:
    Yuuki, hides behind the wall. “Ah, I didn’t act too unnatural, did I?”
    To converse in an extremely simple manner?
    Doesn’t matter. As long as I can start afresh with Zero...

Yuuki sinks to the floor. *pause* “Ah... must quickly get to the classroom.”

Page Seventeen:
    Zero, “Alright already, hurry up and get back to your dorms. Go!”
    Kaien, “Thanks for the hard work, Zero-kun.”
    Zero, “Chairman Kaien, Kaito.”
    Kaien, “I can see a little bit of the old Yuuki. And you always obediently making yourself useful. That, above all else, makes me happy.”
    Zero, “That rascal shares the same aspiration as yours. Now she’s at the school desperately trying her hardest. It’s because of that request, that I’m doing what things that cannot be avoided.”

Page Eighteen:
    Kaien, “There’s no point in arguing... But you.”
    “Back then, there was nothing that could stop you. You only ever wanted to rush forward to kill Kaname-kun, using the dangerous risk he posed as an excuse.”
    “Yet now, to suddenly change and become obedient, it’s really worrying.”
    Zero thought about it, then smiled.

Page Nineteen:
    Zero, “Kaname Kuran, hasn’t he already decided to kill off the pureblood race?”
    “If that’s the case, in my opinion, there’s no reason for me to rush forward to stop him.”
    Kaien looked at him. “... Those words, I’ll pretend I didn’t hear them.”

Page Twenty:
    Kaien, “As the chairman of peace agreement, I cannot ignore Kaname-kun’s recent behaviour.”
    “It’s also because of Yuuki...”
    On the staircase, Rima, “We’re late.”
    Shiki, “Yeah, well, that’s only because Aidou wouldn’t stop talking.”
    They open the door and pause.

Page Twenty-One:
    Yuuki kneeling on the floor. Sara glowing in her chair. (The sound-effect next to the pen on the floor is “general mumbling”)
    The board has two sheets. One says “Ichijou-senpai,” with the word “resigning” after it. On the column next to it has “Sara” The word you see repeated three times is the Chinese way of keeping tally (it’s a word with five strokes, so it’s scores of five). So it looks like Sara has seventeen votes and on the sheet next to it, you can see Yuuki has only one vote.
    Rima, shocked, “Why are you looking so utterly defeated?”
    Yuuki slowly turns around, “Because of the gap in charisma, Sara-san became Dorm President.”

Page Twenty-Two:
    Sara, glowing, “But the actual duties, I want to relinquish over to Yuuki-san. For me, the responsibility is too major.”
    Yuuki, “Ah... okay.”
    Rima, shocked, “Ah, to be forced to accept the job.”
    Ichijou looks really ... off. “...”
    Shiki, “? Ichijou-senpai?” Then, he noticed something and turned to his right.
    “Ah!” Maria at the window.

Page Twenty-Three:
    Maria, “Zero-kun.”
    Teacher, “Okay, everyone. Can we please start the lesson?”
    Rima, “Suddenly, I have an uneasy feeling about what’s to come.”
    Shiki, “Yeah...”
    Sara, “Oh, everyone, let’s not trouble the teacher any longer. Let’s return to our seats.”
    Yuuki, “Ichijou-senpai, regarding yesterday’s discussion, can we continue discussing it a bit later?”
    Ichijou, “Ah, is this the issue regarding the new blood tablets?”

Page Twenty-Four
    Ichijou, smiling, “Sorry, that was my mistake. There’s no problem.”
    Yuuki, Shiki, Rima. “Ichijou-senpai...?”
    Elsewhere.
    Ruka, “This must be -sama’s house... They’re really cautious about the whereabouts of the pureblood’s residence.”
    (Sorry, I can't be bothered guess what the pureblood's name was. Chinese translation uses the same character as the Japanese kanji but the pronunciation is bound to be different. So even if I did guess, it's bound to be wrong. I'm going to leave this to the Japanese experts once the originial raws are out.)

Page Twenty-Five:
    Akatsuki spots something, “You better stay here and do the task you were assigned to do. I’m going to go over there and see what those strange people are doing.”

Page Twenty-Six:
    Akatsuki dashes over, sees this queue of people getting bottles of the new blood tablets. “What... is this...?”
    “Ruka.” Kaname arrives. “Today’s all thanks to you doing all this difficult work. I must really thank you.”

Page Twenty-Seven:
    Ruka, looking rather withdrawn. “Although here’s quite far away from the road, but it’s still fairly close to where the humans are living.”
    “Okay, I’ll go and do my best to lead them away.”
    Kaien arrives with a sword. “I was just thinking you were probably going to arrive here, Kaname-kun.”

Page Twenty-Eight
    Kaname, “Chairman Kaien... are you here as the chairman of the peace agreement association?”
    Kaien, “Also as Yuuki’s adoptive father. I’m here to inform you that I’ve already decided I will not be returning Yuuki to you.”
    Kaname looks down, “Yuuki is already walking her own path and living by her own decisions... Chairman Kaien.”

Page Twenty-Nine:
    Kaname, continues, “I no longer have the means to bind her to me. Therefore”
    “For you to take Yuuki away from my side like this, I am very grateful.”
    Kaien, draws out sword. “Is that because, in your goal to eliminate the pureblood race, Yuuki is your Achilles’ Heel?” (The literal translation is “will she be your stumbling block” as in she may cause you to stumble, as in she’ll prevent you from achieving your goal. But I think Achilles’ Heel says pretty much the same thing...)

Page Thirty:
    Kaname, “That’s right.”
    “If you are to stop me, then you would be eliminated too.”

Kaname vs Cross (last 2 are actually kanji characters and not Chinese so I don't know what it says, sorry!)

FINISH!

Also, Hino-sensei appears to be taking a break T_T So two months till the next chapter comes out.

Hope you guys enjoy this! cheers

Witless Fool king

My thoughts: In Zero's head, the cemetery represents the thing he's most afraid of - sinking down the Level E. The fragments of Yuuki and Kaname that he consumed is keeping it at bay (represented by the tree). So that's why they're watching over/guarding the coffin. (Somebody suggested it could also be Shizuka) I think it's sad, for Zero at least, how even the fragment of Yuuki he consumed has Kaname next to her, watching over her. It's almost as if he can never get a piece of Yuuki just for himself if you know what I mean. (That's just my impression of the scene).

Last edited by witlessfool on Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:15 pm; edited 2 times in total

nina
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Vampire Knight Chapter 74 Translation - Page 4 Empty Re: Vampire Knight Chapter 74 Translation

Post by nina Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:41 pm

loveiszero wrote:

The bite is no nowhere near epic, heck even the bite between Zero and Kaname was way sexier. I didnt even think we'd even have one. Why hino chose to have the bite now we'll find out later I guess. But really, if biting solves the LT, thats pretty cliche.

Lol you have absolutely right! cheers My bad that I forgot Kaname-Zero bite. EPIC indeed… drawling drawling

I make up … Here >>>
    http://www.mangareader.net/104-2156-34/vampire-knight/chapter-30.html
    (I love this ^^^ scene) Vampire Knight Chapter 74 Translation - Page 4 1713890440
    http://www.mangareader.net/104-2156-44/vampire-knight/chapter-30.html

Rough as it should be between guys, but full of emotions and HOT hehehe Vampire Knight Chapter 74 Translation - Page 4 1713890440

loveiszero
    loveiszero
    Level-E
    Level-E

Vampire Knight Chapter 74 Translation - Page 4 Empty Re: Vampire Knight Chapter 74 Translation

Post by loveiszero Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:27 pm

LOL yup, sexy isn't it. This is the first time I ever prefer a yaoi ending Razz

Back to the chapter, we really shouldn't put too much emphasis on the reason behind the bite to determine their relationship or lack thereof. If anything, it is hidden plot device within the bite that could be used by Hino to deliver later twists. I've seen numerous Zeki moments that could contribute to the final revelation later. If they are indeed end game pair, we'll look back and go, ah, so that how it all was. If not, then they are just little moments to spice up the story or just pure trolling. Both pairs right now could really use some solid developments/comfirmation. Either way, as long as the build up is right, its all good. A WTF ending would ruin the whole series.

Regardless of which couple is at the end, Hino must give us something like this LOL:

http://manga.animea.net/sailor-moon-chapter-52-page-45.html
    VampireCythia
    VampireCythia
    Pureblood Vampire
    Pureblood Vampire

Humor : BOW DOWN TO YOUR QUEEN!!!!XDXDXDXDXDXD

Post by VampireCythia Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:22 pm

loveiszero wrote:Regardless of which couple is at the end, Hino must give us something like this LOL:

http://manga.animea.net/sailor-moon-chapter-52-page-45.html

You right. On some mode a scene like this with one of the boys and Yuuki would solve the LT completely and it would beVampire Knight Chapter 74 Translation - Page 4 2554657431 Us fangirls would all be happy no matter who of the boys end up in a scene like this. Hino must definiely make one somedayVampire Knight Chapter 74 Translation - Page 4 215456
    keira
    keira
    Human

Post by keira Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:56 pm

Kaname looks so sad and lonely in this chapter): I think the part of him that loves humans is still strong. He even asked Ruka to help him to evacuate the humans nearby so as to ensure their safety. I think that his intentions is to make sure that there would be no purebloods left to harm humans as in to turn them into vampires or control them. (with the exception of Yuuki, i think he might just kill himself after he completes his 'plans' D:) I cant think of any other reasons why emliminating the purebloods might do any good to him or the anyone else.

Its so sad that he dosent want to tell yuuki so as not to implicate her. It just makes him seem so lonely carrying out these 'plans' by himself (with the help of Ruka, who is unable to stop him) though it is nice that ruka actually continues to stay by his side Smile while kain is only following him cos of ruka.
    I just hope Yuuki finds him soon and persuades him somehow. His 'plans' right now just screams the eventual death of kaname pale Sad
    sweetsolace
    sweetsolace
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Humor : look in the mirror, you'll love it~ ;)
    Warning ZoneVampire Knight Chapter 74 Translation - Page 4 Drops5black

Post by sweetsolace Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:20 pm

@loveiszero
    but WHY be afraid of his feelings for her? why go through all the drama and abstract interpretations of having these "feelings" wrapped with vines and weighed down by a huge old tree, and the cemetery all over the place?? it doesn't make much sense. It feels even desperate.
    and this is quite contradicting for ZEKI fans, I do recall they hate Zero being constantly picked on as having the "possibility" of Level E, even accusing YUMEs who does this saying "we hated him", now this scenario might actually resolve it! Strange you want that to exist now just to add conflict.

juliet wrote:
    1. Zero takes Yuuki's blood before she leaves the academy > there are no "deeper secret feelings" again there reflected.
    2. Yuuki takes Zero's blood now, again there is nothing that indicates strong feelings of love sundelly revealed to her.So if Hino wants to promote Zeki and upgrade their bond, how many bitings are we supposed to expect? Honestly even if neither wants to accept feelings, this is dragging too much from the script's perspective.

Isn't the whole thing far too much postponed or played around too many times, in a rate that it becomes even cliche?

feels like campaign material going on
    It's incredibly ambiguous since the beginning. There seems to be such a great secret to this ambiguity, yet it never seems to go beyond that point: Yuki never shows her thoughts about Zero, but implies something "romantically" if you look hard enough, Zero often keeps an indifferent face, and they both clutch on their necks as if they were both hungry. But it doesn't go beyond that, they don't personally go beyond thinking about each other other than superficially, the scene keeps showing superficial cues and nothing tangible, yet still effectively plays on the fans interest by keeping the implications of their actions strong. Again, what's the big secret here? And if its a secret, why the need to hide it, why not even support it? Surely if the secret will be revealed one day, supporting cues must support it so that it actually holds weight on the day of the revelation, but the "supporting cues" even seems conservative, like its afraid to go beyond point A and stays there.
    There's no build up, there's just dragging of an idea that's already been known since chapter X.
    For example, the most basic issue would be Zero accepting Yuki, but nothing was said about that from chapter 37 to chapter 73, it was just implied by his actions, until very recently he told maria he never thought he betrayed her. Even Yuki trying to hold a straight conversation with Zero has prolonged since chapter 60 until chapter 74! Again, if this huge amount of ambiguity is supposed to be a secret, why drag it in a way that it has never progressed or created significant change between them? It feels like Hino is keeping the other fandom hoping and alive, because undoubtedly they were disappointed with Yuki choosing Kaname, and now it drags.

It's strange Zero could taste Yuuki's feelings for Kaname, Kaname could taste Yuuki's feelings for Zero (one year after -so that means that her feeling were more intense there back due to the separation from a beloved person. Isn't Yuuki supposed to get the same intensity here? (but perhaps as you say we can not really be based on that fact).
    If that so, it really makes the Zeki's biting scene anticipation, that was generated a bit worthless or perhaps we are chasing shadows of the past.
    lol. I feel a bit sad for ZEKI fans and a bit disappointed for myself for hoping something to change. but POOF, nothing grand there. Razz the most simple explanation that a scene could have and Hino went for it, rofl. The buildup of everything that led up to this chapter and then it seemed quite anticlimax. rofl rofl its like "Heree comes the huuuge wave..!! Watch ouut" and then the next second, "Oh, it was just a current. Sorry, shows over." bounce we've been trolled. Razz

nina wrote:
    juliet wrote:she is not actually feeling regrets since the cause (to stand up for her task) justifies the means (she also had reflected her promise to Kaname in the previous chapter but she seems to justify it under that view that she must do it for the good of her position. So in her mind she did nothing of a romantic nature that would justify inner regrets and remorse. Her action was directed by logic and not feelings.

Exactly, totally agree … there is no remorse, no guilt, no anguish there … and I would add that her action was directed and by her basic need for food/fresh blood. In my opinion there is no such feelings cuz it was a friendly “exchange” from both sides, clarified BEFORE the bite takes place. The careful bite from Yuuki was a clear mutual agreement which restores their friendship and I hope nullify the enemies status, something that was hurting Yuuki too much and I suspect the same goes for Zero too. She was happy afterwards cuz as she thought, “something was broken” and she couldn’t do anything to fix it. So now they can start a new relationship as from the moment she saw Zero for the first time.

Agree. aaand this is exactly what I was saying in the discussions before. The point of showing that Yuki desires both Yori and Zero's blood actually shows that she HUNGERS, and she could bite either of them. It was just business. You're right nina, Yuki was wary / awkward as she always had been towards Zero in chapter 60 because of what happened before, nothing to do with crushes, Yuki was even professional throughout the bite, as do Zero, asking his permission before biting, taking only a little of his blood, stopping when he told her she was going too far... it was detached, and she was careful not to hurt him more. There was restraint, because she knew Zero and her not the same as before and she wanted that past again.

nina wrote:Haha lol. Are his feelings for Yuuki more frightful than his level-eness??? Furthermore these feelings were laid under Shizuka (sakura tree)??? What for? Did Shizuka “help” him to bury his feelings for Yuuki? It doesn’t make any sense…

lol and there's the wolf Kaname and human Yuki sitting on the tree... so does this mean they were guarding Zero's deepest fear which is Zero's feelings for Zero?? rofl what for?? lol what does Kaname have to do with it?? rofl come on..

Ichiru says, "there's no need to worry.. Zero's deepest fear is now resting deeply inside.."

LOL so what happens if the fear Awakens? And the Fear is his feelings for Yuki?? Would there be need to worry then? Would there be chaos of some sort?

... affraid Maybe its the reason why the day class students run for their lives when they found out Kaito converted him into a "player" rofl his love is literally dangerous. rofl or maybe it causes unexpected damage to him and to the people around him when he finds out.

ok seriously though doesn't make much sense.

keira wrote:Kaname looks so sad and lonely in this chapter): I think the part of him that loves humans is still strong. He even asked Ruka to help him to evacuate the humans nearby so as to ensure their safety. I think that his intentions is to make sure that there would be no purebloods left to harm humans as in to turn them into vampires or control them. (with the exception of Yuuki, i think he might just kill himself after he completes his 'plans' D:) I cant think of any other reasons why emliminating the purebloods might do any good to him or the anyone else.

Its so sad that he dosent want to tell yuuki so as not to implicate her. It just makes him seem so lonely carrying out these 'plans' by himself (with the help of Ruka, who is unable to stop him) though it is nice that ruka actually continues to stay by his side while kain is only following him cos of ruka.
    I just hope Yuuki finds him soon and persuades him somehow. His 'plans' right now just screams the eventual death of kaname

keep up the optimism! cheers rofl you never know it might backfire one day rofl

and yes, this was your first post. Very Happy so welcome there new member. :3

Last edited by sweetsolace on Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
    loveiszero
    loveiszero
    Level-E
    Level-E

Post by loveiszero Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:33 pm

@sweet: I admid it doesnt make much sense for his feelings to be inside the coffin LOL, that was just so I could pick your 2nd option Lol.

Hm, I didnt know it is that strange for me to want Zero having the potential of falling to lvl E. As much as I love him, I still think it is more interesting that way plot wise. After all, just my personal preference. VK is tagged as tragedy, so possibility for one of the lead end up dead isn't far out of question. This is not saying I want to see any of them dead, I'm more interested in how they are gonna be saved.

And for me, Yume vs Zeki doesnt have anything to do with Kaname or Zero as characters. They are still hot with or without Yuuki attached to them. Its not like Hino has to resort to killing one of the males to have either Yume or Zeki.
    Howl4fun
    Howl4fun
    Common Vampire
    Common Vampire

Post by Howl4fun Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:55 pm

Hmm I think, maybe we all die in 2012 so we'll never know the ending. Problem solved as no one will get hurt that their pairing lost, haha.

The coffin, ehhh okay. I've no doubt Zero still loves Yuuki, but being able to hide so should be possible. I'm really 100% sure he loves her, so the deal with that will probably be revealed later (as with everything else *bleh*)

Zeki:

I think that if all this dragging in their relationship is meant to end in friendship is what would be completely pointless. I mean, all this waiting for the revelation of their feelings to be "Omg, we're BFF's !!!" Vampire Knight Chapter 74 Translation - Page 4 215456 I mean, seriously? XDD Though we're all victims to our bias minds here so until we get canon proof of Yuuki's feelings we'll keep supporting our own interpretions and POV's. Nothing wrong with that Razz

I completely agree that the bite is nowhere as epic as previous bites have been... which actually left me relieved. I was thinking that if the bite would be too great/epic, it'd mean that it would be the only Yuuki to Zero bite we'd have, as Hino's way of saying "There. Now you got an epic bite from her to Zero as well. Hope you liked it as it'll be the only one." really Razz It being cut off like that without Yuuki tasting his feelings or being let into his memories completely is what makes me confident there'll be more. Not saying her biting him again will resolve the LT or anything, only that another bite may be emphasized on physically as well as this one was mentally. We shall wait and see Razz

Saying it was "emotionless" however, that's a bit of a lie. Does licking his neck, pulling his tie, saying "I calmed down and my fangs extended in his neck" while clenching him count as "emotionless"? Really? If you see it that way however, fine. It's all in bias minds (as is mine) Razz
    loveiszero
    loveiszero
    Level-E
    Level-E

Post by loveiszero Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:01 pm

Howl4fun wrote:
    Saying it was "emotionless" however, that's a bit of a lie. Does licking his neck, pulling his tie, saying "I calmed down and my fangs extended in his neck" while clenching him count as "emotionless"? Really? If you see it that way however, fine. It's all in bias minds (as is mine) Razz

When did she lick him? Is it at the bottom left panel of this page http://hiphotos.baidu.com/allstarcat/pic/item/4594a09292b9e50854fb9608.jpg

But dang, I could barely see the tie pulling there, *blaming the art lol *

Howl4fun
    Howl4fun
    Common Vampire
    Common Vampire

Post by Howl4fun Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:17 pm

loveiszero wrote:
    Howl4fun wrote:

When did she lick him? Is it at the bottom left panel of this page http://hiphotos.baidu.com/allstarcat/pic/item/4594a09292b9e50854fb9608.jpg

But dang, I could barely see the tie pulling there, *blaming the art lol *

The link didn't work for me, but it's the second page, top right panel. But yeah, the art kinda makes things difficult to see. xP

About lvl E, I agree with you. I'd like to see how Zero will be okay/saved from it too. I doubt he's going to die from it, but I can see it being used as a threat again. I was wondering if it might be used as a plot device to have him bite Maria, given she apparently have Shizuka's blood in her. And we'll see if ZxM will keep stirring reactions up in Yuuki. 'cause now that they're seemingly starting to get along better again, that shouldn't be a bother anymore, right? XD Hino apparently have a pattern in her mangas of having a girl come in halfway through the story/towards the end or so, making the heroine realize her feelings. This role seems to be Maria's now in the case of VK. I don't see Hino pairing him up with someone who acts like a downright silly fangirl around him now either, so it definetely seems plausible xD Not that I don't like Kirynai, I really do (plus that they're both silverhairs, which I've a weakness for x3)

Last edited by Howl4fun on Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:33 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : adding)
    loveiszero
    loveiszero
    Level-E
    Level-E

Post by loveiszero Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:25 pm

Okay saw it. Gosh, you have quite some eyes there Howl. I've been staring at those pages for quite a while now and still didnt pick it up LOL.
    Howl4fun
    Howl4fun
    Common Vampire
    Common Vampire

Post by Howl4fun Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:32 pm

loveiszero wrote:Okay saw it. Gosh, you have quite some eyes there Howl. I've been staring at those pages for quite a while now and still didnt pick it up LOL.

LOL thanks. I added some stuff to my post however, just so you'll see it ^^
    loveiszero
    loveiszero
    Level-E
    Level-E

Post by loveiszero Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:46 pm

Howl4fun wrote:
    loveiszero wrote:Okay saw it. Gosh, you have quite some eyes there Howl. I've been staring at those pages for quite a while now and still didnt pick it up LOL.

LOL thanks. I added some stuff to my post however, just so you'll see it ^^

Hehe thanks.

And yeah, I wouldn't mind a Zero x Maria bite scene. Even better if seen by Yuuki, just like Aidou this chapter rofl It is totally possible though, since Zero's thirst has been mentioned in so many chapters already and now he's just lost some blood also.

To return to the past is no longer allowed...
    Oki, so what past is she referring to here? Past relationship with Zero? However, the next inner thought:
    I can no longer restrain myself
    Could it be that the first inner thought refers to the time Yuuki took only Kaname's blood?

I'm probably just reading too much into this lol

Last edited by loveiszero on Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Howl4fun
    Howl4fun
    Common Vampire
    Common Vampire

Post by Howl4fun Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:54 pm

And yeah, I wouldn't mind a Zero x Maria bite scene. Even better if seen by Yuuki, just like Aidou this chapter Vampire Knight Chapter 74 Translation - Page 4 215456 It is totally possible though, since Zero's thirst has been mentioned in so many chapters already and now he's just lost some blood also.

Totally, given that he's been shown thirsting this much means he will be get to bite someone in the future too. The choice stands between Yuuki and Maria Razz Maaaybe Sara, but I doubt it. He would have to be really desperate with no other option, or possibly being controlled by her tablets. I'm actually torned as to whether I want to see him bite Maria or Yuuki next, lol Razz
    sari15
    Human

Post by sari15 Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:56 pm

It's strange Zero could taste Yuuki's feelings for Kaname, Kaname could taste Yuuki's feelings for Zero (one year after -so that means that her feeling were more intense there back due to the separation from a beloved person. Isn't Yuuki supposed to get the same intensity here? (but perhaps as you say we can not really be based on that fact).
    If that so, it really makes the Zeki's biting scene anticipation, that was generated a bit worthless or perhaps we are chasing shadows of the past.

We've only seen inside Kaname and Zero so far though. The question is what did they see drinking Yuuki? For as many times as Yuuki has been drank from we've never seen inside her to see what is happening. We've seen the boys react to whatever they saw and we know (and was verified this chapter again) that Zero was in there digging around at least once if not more. Maybe not on purpose but whatever he has found has led him to questioning her "What am I to you" as well as actually kissing her after drinking from her that last time.

The bite wasn't very deep, Yuuki didn't even intend to get that far into him to get to anything plus Zero's mind wasn't on his feelings for her. Why else would she tell him to clear his head? It's possible his mind was thinking of something, which I go into later.

lol. I feel a bit sad for ZEKI fans and a bit disappointed for myself for hoping something to change. but POOF, nothing grand there. Razz the most simple explanation that a scene could have and Hino went for it, Vampire Knight Chapter 74 Translation - Page 4 215456. The buildup of everything that led up to this chapter and then it seemed quite anticlimax. Vampire Knight Chapter 74 Translation - Page 4 215456 Vampire Knight Chapter 74 Translation - Page 4 215456 its like "Heree comes the huuuge wave..!! Watch ouut" and then the next second, "Oh, it was just a current. Sorry, shows over." bounce we've been trolled. Razz

Amusingly enough, I think most of the Zero/Yuuki fans I know are really pleased with how this bite turned out. If Yuuki had just gone in after the neck without any thought what so ever, there's a risk that it would have put Zero on the defense. Neither of them are in a place emotionally with each other that doing that could have been a step back.

This did seem anti-climatic but for what needs to be accomplished to mend any aspect of Zero and Yuuki's relationship--this managed it. They talked pretty intimately during that time too. I'm curious to see how the Japanese translations hold up to the Chinese version but the 'flow' of the scene fits with the Level E.

page 2
    "I will bite you not because you've invited me to, but becasue as you've said, it's for our mutual interest."

page 3
    Yuuki: I'll only need a little. If my hunger is sated, then I can do my job as a Kuran, a pureblood.
    Zero: It'll bother me if you don't.

Page 4
    Yuuki, “Zero is so calm, yet I’m so very nervous.”
    “Just for now, can Zero please don’t think about anything...”
    Zero, “It doesn’t matter. There’s nothing inside my heart that, if you peeped, would bother me...”

Page Five:
    Zero, “Your matter... I don’t think about it any longer...”
    “It’s only, occasionally, when your fragment inside me awakens... that thoughts of you would appear...”

I think "Your matter" refers to their 'deal' from last time. About taking her blood for his Level E issue. He's telling her the only time he has issues with hunger is when the fragment of hers wakes up or he thinks about her. Which is the line she repeats back in her head once entering his blood dream. The human Yuuki in there immediately verifies Zero's words as fact--the coffin almost HAS to be his Level E--the symbolism of it fits too well with Shizuka as the sakura tree growing OVER the casket and keeping it shut. Kaname and Yuuki both on top of the tree as well as additional support.

The reversal of their roles as donor and the one in need from the past makes this an easy reason for it to be at the forefront of their minds. Especially Zero's as she's coming in to bite him and this was the reason for their previous agreement for bloodletting. This is why he's letting her do it and why this particular thing is shown, it was on Zero's mind. It's actually pretty amazing to see how something like that can be shown with such symbolism. Zero's fears.

Keep in mind, if this is the case...Zero just admitted yet again to Yuuki that the only time he has trouble with his bloodlust is when the piece of her flares to life or when he thinks about her. Otherwise known as 'He still has feelings for her' and she repeated his words in her mind when she entered the dream and saw her own 'fraction' standing there. He told her this and she repeated it in her mind--and then later we have...

Doesn’t matter. As long as I can start afresh with Zero...

She free passed both of them to "Start Over" and build a relationship with the knowledge of his feelings...or at least being told his feelings again. (This is Yuuki we are talking about-who knows if she understood). As a Zero/Yuuki shipper...this is exactly what I wanted. Even if Zero has no idea he's been free passed, they are in position to rebuild their relationship from the ground up into whatever they choose to make it.
    loveiszero
    loveiszero
    Level-E
    Level-E

Post by loveiszero Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:01 pm

Howl4fun wrote:
    Totally, given that he's been shown thirsting this much means he will be get to bite someone in the future too. The choice stands between Yuuki and Maria Razz Maaaybe Sara, but I doubt it. He would have to be really desperate with no other option, or possibly being controlled by her tablets. I'm actually torned as to whether I want to see him bite Maria or Yuuki next, lol Razz

Hm, yeah, this is indeed a hard choice.

Maria: Well this might solve the LT by turning it into a love square rofl
    Yuuki: good for him since her blood will probably satisfy his hunger. And in case it doesn't , well there we go about his feelings.
    Howl4fun
    Howl4fun
    Common Vampire
    Common Vampire

Post by Howl4fun Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:10 pm

Sari: Vampire Knight Chapter 74 Translation - Page 4 Icon_clap Vampire Knight Chapter 74 Translation - Page 4 Icon_clap Vampire Knight Chapter 74 Translation - Page 4 Icon_clap completely agree with you. ^^

loveiszero wrote:
    Howl4fun wrote:

Hm, yeah, this is indeed a hard choice.

Maria: Well this might solve the LT by turning it into a love square Vampire Knight Chapter 74 Translation - Page 4 215456
    Yuuki: good for him since her blood will probably satisfy his hunger. And in case it doesn't , well there we go about his feelings.

XD

Maria: So sweet, but I'd feel sorry for her though as I doubt Zero will ever love her. He might develop caring/family feelings for her however, given her connection to Ichiru. If he bites her and "leaves" her afterwards, she might turn out heartbroken ... Embarassed though I'm guessing that if more will go on in zeki, she will pick up on it.

Yuuki: Ok, so his thirsting fits were so bad he would let a vampire he hunted get away (chap 69/70) or run out a building to hide in the woods till it passed (chap 72). If he were to bite Yuuki again, I'd be really happy for him, haha XD
    sweetsolace
    sweetsolace
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Post by sweetsolace Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:13 pm

Zeki:

I think that if all this dragging in their relationship is meant to end in friendship is what would be completely pointless. I mean, all this waiting for the revelation of their feelings to be "Omg, we're BFF's !!!" I mean, seriously? XDD Though we're all victims to our bias minds here so until we get canon proof of Yuuki's feelings we'll keep supporting our own interpretions and POV's. Nothing wrong with that

I completely agree that the bite is nowhere as epic as previous bites have been... which actually left me relieved. I was thinking that if the bite would be too great/epic, it'd mean that it would be the only Yuuki to Zero bite we'd have, as Hino's way of saying "There. Now you got an epic bite from her to Zero as well. Hope you liked it as it'll be the only one." really It being cut off like that without Yuuki tasting his feelings or being let into his memories completely is what makes me confident there'll be more. Not saying her biting him again will resolve the LT or anything, only that another bite may be emphasized on physically as well as this one was mentally. We shall wait and see

Saying it was "emotionless" however, that's a bit of a lie. Does licking his neck, pulling his tie, saying "I calmed down and my fangs extended in his neck" while clenching him count as "emotionless"? Really? If you see it that way however, fine. It's all in bias minds (as is mine)

Zero and Yuki fans often believe there's love going on, while Yuki and Kaname fans often don't, this is often what the debates are all about, showing proof and no proof of this.
    For me , Yuki's reaction and her way of handling herself in the bite was quite in tune with what I had thought: they've always been friends, so there's no realization. its unrequited love. Yuki wants Zero back as a friend, as the one she often talked to before. Part of her heart being attached to Zero was because of their bond. She cared for him as she always had back then for four years and now it has changed. I think this is the reason why she often avoids him, to prevent hurting him more, because she knows she can't return his feelings.

I think its not about the bite, but how the bite was delivered in itself that signifies their current relationship. It was careful, it was polite, and it was quite respectful. Its like biting someone she just met. She stopped, asked his permission, apologized for losing control, and more than that she behaved like a proper lady in need of blood. She did not lick him though, if there was it would show as a side scribble, but she just opened her mouth and bit.

I actually said bland, not emotionless. but yeah pretty much the same,it was watered down IMO. there just the bite, and the close proximity. bounce and of course if she won't loosen his tie she will bite the clothe on his neck, and she won't get to her destination.

Like how it was said before if there were feelings involved it would've showed, but Yuki just saw his memories and Zero even told her before that there was nothing there that she would see. If Zero possibly suppressed his feelings then it was not intense enough that he could suppress it, if it was intense he couldn't have suppressed it if it was too strong, therefore it was not great at that moment. There were no feelings that Yuki tasted so probably its hiding there somewhere. maybe next time she bites him she will have to prolong it more like 5 min to an hour so she can surf around for it LOL Razz ok im joking here.

maybe there's more, but im hoping it would stop being awkward between them and zero actually starts talking to her the same way he talks to her when they were friends, maybe then they can move on.

I actually find Maria's fangirling attitude cute and bright. I think she would really create a contrast to Zero's gloomy behavior. Very Happy Sun and darkness combo. I hope he sees her more. Razz

sari15 wrote:Amusingly enough, I think most of the Zero/Yuuki fans I know are really pleased with how this bite turned out. If Yuuki had just gone in after the neck without any thought what so ever, there's a risk that it would have put Zero on the defense. Neither of them are in a place emotionally with each other that doing that could have been a step back.

This did seem anti-climatic but for what needs to be accomplished to mend any aspect of Zero and Yuuki's relationship--this managed it. They talked pretty intimately during that time too. I'm curious to see how the Japanese translations hold up to the Chinese version but the 'flow' of the scene fits with the Level E.

I was a bit sad, before this chapter there was lots of excitement and anticipation for this bite and this is what you get. Razz cant blame the reactions. it shows. Razz Razz though that's just me. I'm surprised (or not so surprised) ZEKIs can say they are pleased with this bite, when I'm not even remotely liking it, eventhough I'm a YUME fan. although of course i know you like it because you're a zeki fan, IMO the bite frankly doesn't look that appetizing. I can appreciate the "beauty" of vampire bites and this was just bland. imo.
    course there will be more Zero and Yuki interactions, no harm in expecting more , though i think it will be more between friends before it becomes more.
    Also curious with the japanese > english translations, but doubt it would change much judging from the visuals. *shrug* just my opinion though. Razz Razz

Last edited by sweetsolace on Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:56 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : edit)
    Howl4fun
    Howl4fun
    Common Vampire
    Common Vampire

Post by Howl4fun Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:58 pm

Zero and Yuki fans often believe there's love going on, while Yuki and Kaname fans often don't, this is often what the debates are all about, showing proof and no proof of this.
    For me, although the impact of the bite was severely watered down because of the intensity last chapter, Yuki's reaction and her way of handling herself in the bite was quite in tune with what I had always bought for their relationship: they've always been friends, there's no realization. its unrequited love. Yuki wants Zero back as a friend, as the one she often talked to before, and not as a lover. Part of her heart being attached to Zero was because of their bond. She cared for him as she always had back then for four years and now it has changed. I think this is the reason why she often avoids him, to prevent hurting him more, because she knows she can't return his feelings.
    About "wanting Zero back as a friend". Yuuki has now said she wants to "start over" with both guys. So saying one means doom for their love while the other does not is too early. They were both left ambigious. Kaname left right afterwards and Yuuki's still dense about her feelings for Zero. There's still no saying for sure if they're merely friendly or romantic. That's up for the fandoms to have an eternal discussion about until either is canonly proved, lol. Like you said.

Same with the bite as I can see. To yumes it apparently screams platonic/friendship, while to zekis it's appropriate given the timing and circumstances. Yes, I was expecting more blood and some shots of Yuuki's teeth as she bites him and such, I'll give you that. Their conversation however I love, for instance this "Please help me... I really want Zero's blood now... I've been suppressing my thirst all this time..." Of course you can argue she meant she only wanted blood in general, and not his in particular, but again that's another lovely thing left ambigious. As you know with the "why bite his neck when she could bite his wrist" argument, to which the takes on are very different as well.. love or instinctive? (not going into that again though, lol)

I actually said bland, not emotionless.

No, not you. I think Nina said it.

I actually find Maria's fangirling attitude cute and bright. I think she would really create a contrast to Zero's gloomy behavior. Very Happy Sun and darkness combo. I hope he sees her more. Razz

Oh, I find her very cute too ^^ That's not what I meant. Only that pairing Zero up with such an out of the blue fangirl Maria would be odd. So help me, I love the pairing, but given Hino's pattern with her shoujo's love stories, she appears to only be a plot device to move zeki forward. I could be wrong though, but we'll see in future chapters how Yuuki will keep dealing with Maria's feelings/advantages on Zero. It'll probably give us some further clues of her true feelings. Smile

Last edited by Howl4fun on Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
    sari15
    Human

Post by sari15 Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:06 pm

sweetsolace wrote:
    I think its not about the bite, but how the bite was delivered in itself that signifies their current relationship. It was careful, it was polite, and it was quite respectful. Its like biting someone she just met. She stopped, asked his permission, apologized for losing control, and more than that she behaved like a proper lady in need of blood. She did not lick him though, if there was it would show as a side scribble, but she just opened her mouth and bit.

Actually she did. She was licking him when she pulled back to look him in the face. There's even a little trail of saliva between her mouth and his neck.

I was a bit sad, before this chapter there was lots of excitement and anticipation for this bite and this is what you get. Razz cant blame the reactions. it shows. Razz Razz though that's just me. I'm surprised (or not so surprised) ZEKIs can say they are pleased with this bite, when I'm not even remotely liking it, eventhough I'm a YUME fan. I can appreciate the "beauty" of vampire bites and this was just bland. imo.
    course there will be more Zero and Yuki interactions, no harm in expecting more , though i think it will be more between friends before it becomes more.
    Also curious with the japanese > english translations, but doubt it would change much judging from the visuals. *shrug* just my opinion though. Razz Razz

Visually, no. It's nothing really spectacular. Sure, it would have been great to see some two page spread where they are in a nice clinch hold full of passion like a trashy romance novel Vampire Knight Chapter 74 Translation - Page 4 215456 But in the literary aspect of the story--this is perfect for now. As most Zero/Yuuki fans say...baby steps. This was the baby step we've been waiting for. Several issues between them were resolved just by the manner in which this bite took place. A door was opened and things have changed.
    juliet
    juliet
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Humor : Anytime...

Post by juliet Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:29 pm

Knightmare wrote:

I thought it was good, no rush resolution, the worth is as you said above, their relationship is repairing and they are starting afresh (I wonder if Zero knows that?), but ultimately, they have found common ground. 3 chapters earlier, Yuuki was declaring they would never see eye to eye.

but hino's done that a couple of times now. yuuki and her mission, the revelation of kaname's past to yuuki, these had no impact beyond their chapters. maybe the future will prove that wrong and give these some point.

M...I was refering to the anticipation of the scene (mostly from the Zeki's part) to be a bit worthless. Well okay, I understand that people do have expectations -glad to know its not just us- and there was a great expectation about the bite; that it would mean/reveal something greater - or expose Zero's feelings to Yuuki. But it seems that Hino does not want to give it that way; creating an all passionate revealing scene to server fans.

The importancy of the scene, of course can not be underestimated; they set new bases, they come into a mutual agreement, but the feeling is not exposed. Its the beginning of the resolution; a slow, modest, considerable though begining that is left to see where it is heading > apparently we knew that they have to sort it out.

keira wrote:Kaname looks so sad and lonely in this chapter): I think the part of him that loves humans is still strong. He even asked Ruka to help him to evacuate the humans nearby so as to ensure their safety. I think that his intentions is to make sure that there would be no purebloods left to harm humans as in to turn them into vampires or control them. (with the exception of Yuuki, i think he might just kill himself after he completes his 'plans' D:) I cant think of any other reasons why emliminating the purebloods might do any good to him or the anyone else.

Its so sad that he dosent want to tell yuuki so as not to implicate her. It just makes him seem so lonely carrying out these 'plans' by himself (with the help of Ruka, who is unable to stop him) though it is nice that ruka actually continues to stay by his side Smile while kain is only following him cos of ruka.
    I just hope Yuuki finds him soon and persuades him somehow. His 'plans' right now just screams the eventual death of kaname pale Sad

My question is why are they distancing the people from that area? is there a great event/fight or anything going to happen. Also noticed that Sara's tablets are already at the streets, talking about speed here> a bit strange scene here.

Howl4fun wrote:
    I think that if all this dragging in their relationship is meant to end in friendship is what would be completely pointless. I mean, all this waiting for the revelation of their feelings to be "Omg, we're BFF's !!!" Vampire Knight Chapter 74 Translation - Page 4 215456 I mean, seriously? XDD Though we're all victims to our bias minds here so until we get canon proof of Yuuki's feelings we'll keep supporting our own interpretions and POV's. Nothing wrong with that Razz

LOL, I do not know if Zero and kaname survive here, but I want to see how Hino will survive since apparently she has set the correct bases for taking the bashing from either side (LOL), she must use all her art here to meet our expectations. rofl rofl rofl And guess what? we are not starting fresh!! we are recording down everything Hino.

@ Solace, I agree with you, until now the Zeki has not shown the evident passion, desire, intensity that it would take for two in love (and supposedly suppresed inside) characters to pursuade readers for their great feelings. Its more like Zero says it; we come across fragments of the pasts, not a live love. In contrast to Yume were feelings are evident. So I really can not see how Zeki will escape from the dragging...let's just say that if we will have a Zeki, the coverage of that love, for me the way its heading right now, fails to convey (with the means that Hino uses; agreement, mutual interests, lack of feeling)
    the "in love" dynamic that normally should be there.
    sweetsolace
    sweetsolace
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Post by sweetsolace Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:34 pm

howl4fun wrote:About "wanting Zero back as a friend". Yuuki has now said she wants to "start over" with both guys.
    right, they are both starting over. the only catch is, Zero's start over is following up shortly while Kaname's might get delayed until he finishes his mission Razz

Oh, I find her very cute too ^^ That's not what I meant. Only that pairing Zero up with such an out of the blue fangirl Maria would be odd. So help me, I love the pairing, but given Hino's pattern with her shoujo's love stories, she appears to only be a plot device to move zeki forward.
    maybe. Maria did made her move quite fast and she entered into the scene quite abruptly too, though I think she fits right in Razz needs developing there. not saying zero should pair with her right away but I can see Maria chasing after Zero somewhere in the future lol Razz
    I dont know about Maria being plot device, that was already used once, IMO feels like there's no point using it again, but who knows Razz

sari15 wrote:Actually she did. She was licking him when she pulled back to look him in the face. There's even a little trail of saliva between her mouth and his neck.
    ohhh you're right there IS saliva! cheers didn't see that strand! LOL! strange lick though she does it with her mouth wide open

Visually, no. It's nothing really spectacular. Sure, it would have been great to see some two page spread where they are in a nice clinch hold full of passion like a trashy romance novel But in the literary aspect of the story--this is perfect for now. As most Zero/Yuuki fans say...baby steps. This was the baby step we've been waiting for. Several issues between them were resolved just by the manner in which this bite took place. A door was opened and things have changed.

I wasn't really saying there should be two page spread, but the emotions that match what ZEKI fans say the bite would emit or reveal. And it just looks utterly normal. Now as a ZEKI fan you say that the bite was a baby step. But before this chapter everything was different.

I agree there, this could be a new beginning. but as of what that is the question.
    I was expecting a bigger bite, seeing last chapter she looked on the verge of hunger, then its more like she stopped herself and just took a nibble.

There was so much forethought and anticipation over the bite before, so much drama and tension, so much anticipation what it will reveal, and now Yuki's first bite looked as normal as this. lol.

yes you can say the grand buildup led to the baby steps. mm. perhaps there will be another, but in what situation would that be? Yuki says it was impossible to avoid the situation, and she was hungry. should the next bite also follow that she is faced in another yet impossible situation and she is hungry? ..im out of ideas here. rofl bounce

juliet wrote:@ Solace, I agree with you, until now the Zeki has not shown the evident passion, desire, intensity that it would take for two in love (and supposedly suppresed inside) characters to pursuade readers for their great feelings. Its more like Zero says it; we come across fragments of the pasts, not a live love. In contrast to Yume were feelings are evident. So I really can not see how Zeki will escape from the dragging...let's just say that if we will have a Zeki, the coverage of that love, for me the way its heading right now, fails to convey (with the means that Hino uses; agreement, mutual interests, lack of feeling)
    the "in love" dynamic that normally should be there.

apparently this is just the beginning....but beginning of what? and love should be mutual, but why do I sense that Yuki is the only one doing an effort here to reach out to Zero? hm strange love this is.
    moreover if Zero does feel something and he's hiding it, then it must not have been that great because he was able to hide it, whereas if it was of mammoth proportions he would fail to hide it and the Great feelings would expose itself inevitably, despite his effort. But nothing showed. Perhaps Zero's feelings for Yuki should also be developed? And not just her?

Last edited by sweetsolace on Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
    juliet
    juliet
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Post by juliet Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:43 pm

sweetsolace wrote:

apparently this is just the beginning....but beginning of what? and love should be mutual, but why do I sense that Yuki is the only one doing an effort here to reach out to Zero? hm strange love this is.
    moreover if Zero does feel something and he's hiding it, then it must not have been that great because he was able to hide it, whereas if it was of mammoth proportions he would fail to hide it and the Great feelings would expose itself inevitably, despite his effort. But nothing showed. Perhaps Zero's feelings for Yuki should also be developed? And not just her?

The beggining? After two years (and its not just humans) beginning? affraid affraid affraid affraid Vampire Knight Chapter 74 Translation - Page 4 3428452064 Vampire Knight Chapter 74 Translation - Page 4 3428452064

It's the beggining, it moves with baby steps and it hides in coffins? what is it? don\'t speak don\'t speak don\'t speak
    loveiszero
    loveiszero
    Level-E
    Level-E

Post by loveiszero Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:46 pm

Who knows in what specific situation the next bite will take place. After all, so far, when Yuuki bit Kaname, it was also to sate her hunger.

The thing is, how serious do we take Zero's words regarding his feelings for Yuuki? Yuuki herself thought he felt nothing of that sort for her now. Not like she's gonna go all lovely dovey with him, considering his stance, "enemies" and such. So if we go by bite=revelation, it just makes sense to have another bite for her to figure this out.

And who thinks Kaien looks smexy this chapter? LOL For the love of god, I hope he's safe.
    sweetsolace
    sweetsolace
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Post by sweetsolace Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:52 pm

juliet wrote:
    sweetsolace wrote:

The beggining? After two years (and its not just humans) beginning? affraid affraid affraid affraid Vampire Knight Chapter 74 Translation - Page 4 3428452064 Vampire Knight Chapter 74 Translation - Page 4 3428452064

It's the beggining, it moves with baby steps and it hides in coffins? what is it? don\'t speak don\'t speak don\'t speak

um. A baby zombie? rofl rofl it moves with baby steps and hides in coffins rofl

apparently the feeling is hiding there somewhere so maybe one day it won't be so shy and make its appearance. cheers rofl

more bites. and after the 57th bite I imagine Zero's neck would be raw and Yuki still haven't searched that feeling. rofl rofl maybe the fans can help search for it.

or ok, lets narrow it down to 5 bites. After the 5th bite, Zero is half full of blood and Yuki goes, "omg! this is what you feel all this time! I keep drinking your blood and NOW finally NOW I see it, I see your feelings for me after searching for it in your thoughts for so long, and for some reason I also feel the same way which I have not felt the first time before now! I want to marry you now and break up with kaname! Im so dumb to have realize this only after the 5th bite!" LOL rofl and let us forget that Yuki should be feeling guilty for breaking a promise here, she's not rofl she may even want to keep biting Zero again, lol because she was just hungry rofl Yuki's character diminished into a slut-form rofl all for the bite baby

Who knows in what specific situation the next bite will take place. After all, so far, when Yuuki bit Kaname, it was also to sate her hunger.

The thing is, how serious do we take Zero's words regarding his feelings for Yuuki? Yuuki herself thought he felt nothing of that sort for her now. Not like she's gonna go all lovely dovey with him, considering his stance, "enemies" and such. So if we go by bite=revelation, it just makes sense to have another bite for her to figure this out.
    @loveiszero
    when i mean situation, I mean an impossible situation, like Zero doing what he did to Yuki before the bite, and her hunger. Does he need to force her again just to make her bite him, and she also needs to be hungry?
    Its not just Zero's words, but the fact that the blood does not lie. And the blood has spoken.

Last edited by sweetsolace on Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
    loveiszero
    loveiszero
    Level-E
    Level-E

Post by loveiszero Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:01 pm

I doubt he needs to force her again, how about some repeat offender situation here LOL.
    Well the maybe Zero should of tasted Yuuki's feeling for him before. I just feel like their feelings are purposefully hidden away/not stated. Even if we say Zero's feeling not intense enough, but for her to not see a hint of it at all? I still think right now, there is still pretty early for some big emotional revelation. After all, Yuuki still has a lot of issues to deal with, NC, her relationship with Kaname and her "started afresh" w/e relationship with Zero.

Oh yeah, one thing, if Zero doesnt feel anything for her now, then we're already done with this LT.

Last edited by loveiszero on Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
    juliet
    juliet
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Post by juliet Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:05 pm

sweetsolace wrote:

more bites. and after the 57th bite I imagine Zero's neck would be raw and Yuki still haven't searched that feeling. rofl rofl maybe the fans can help search for it.

or ok, lets narrow it down to 5 bites. After the 5th bite, Zero is half full of blood and Yuki goes, "omg! this is what you feel all this time! I keep drinking your blood and NOW finally NOW I see it, I see your feelings for me after searching for it in your thoughts for so long, and for some reason I also feel the same way which I have not felt the first time before now! I want to marry you now and break up with kaname! Im so dumb to have realize this only after the 5th bite!" LOL rofl

Oh it's so good that we shall all be victims of Yuuki's slowness... rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

um. A baby zombie? rofl rofl it moves with baby steps and hides in coffins rofl
    rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl Νο, it's Zeki...buhaha Vampire Knight Chapter 74 Translation - Page 4 3994664780 but I guess you knew it... sFun_tease2

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 7:50 pm