KANAME: I’m not waiting for anything.
RIDO: No, indeed. But you were waiting for something then, weren’t you? There are great contradictions within you, great contradictions. And those contradictions are torturing you. This is why you came to this room. You want to watch protectively over your little bird as she spreads her wings and learns to fly, but you also want to tear off the wings from that same beloved little bird. I wonder where the contradictions in you come from. What you were eagerly waiting for as you laid in this coffin will never return, am I right? The truth is that you don’t even have the faintest bit of hope left, isn’t it? Contradiction as well as despair, those are the two things you are made of and you will be eternally that way.
KANAME: You are truly a good “mirror”.
When I first read this cap. I was really confused, and I am still confused!
1. What were Kaname waiting for?
Was he waiting for Yuki to be born? We know he met her in the past when she named Artemis, but was that the only time they met in the past? When Kaname showed Yuki his memories he told her that he recognized her eyes, would he recognized her eyes if they only had met for like 2 minutes? Doesnt seem likely...
2. When Rido asked what Kaname were waiting for Kaname anwered him that he isnt waiting for anything (anymore?). What does this mean? I really think this conversation is important and that Hino is giving us some clues. I dont think he was trying to kill himsef when he was in that coffin, but what else could he be waiting for? It is something he will never have... He was waiting eagerly... And it is something that will never RETURN (according to Rido). Rido understand Kaname very well, so maybe there is some part of Kaname that is like Rido?
3. The contradictons. Well I think some of the contradictions come from the fact that the hooded lady (Hino should give us her name sometime soon) went and sacrificed herself for something that Kaname later thought was a bad idea (before Kaname showed Yuki his memories he said that sometimes even how hard you try it comes down to nothing, maybe he is reffering to the hooded lady or maybe himself). I think that this made him a little paranoid and overprotective (poor Yuki). When Yuki was little and stuck in the basement Kaname wanted her to live in the outside world. But that was before he regained his memories. But I dont think the contradiction just come from the hooded lady, did something else happen in te past?
4. I have no clues about the despair. Was it because he hadnt told Yuki that he was her ancestor?
5. Kaname mentioned that Rido was a good mirrior (that is why I think they have some things in commen, but what is Kaname reffering to?) There has been a lot of mirrors, keys and blue feathers that we dont really understand and that is why I reacted when Kaname said something about a mirror. I am still trying to find some clues of why Kaname would find a boken mirror so interesting (I hope it is a better reason than its because Yuki stepped on it).
We have to remember that Hino decided how the manga would end from the beginning. So there can be clues EVERYWHERE. Haha, sorry but I hate secrets and mysteries (I have to figure them out)... So I have been looking for clues, and I have read the manga from the beginning some times know... And I do really think this conversation is important so PLEASE comment (this is my first post Ive written. Hope I did this right...).
What do you guys think about this heart to heart talk between Rido and Kaname? PLEASE comment because I dont understand more then what I have written here.