Vampire Knight & Manga Forum

In order to fully enjoy the board and it's function, you can always log in or sign up to an account. Thank you...

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

In order to fully enjoy the board and it's function, you can always log in or sign up to an account. Thank you...

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Α forum dedicated to Hino's Matsuri best-seller manga Vampire Knight and the manga we love

Gallery

Zero's observations Empty

Latest topics

» Do you trust Hino?
Zero's observations I_icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2022 12:37 am by juliet

» Our Kaname is here!! Vampire Knight memories chapter 38
Zero's observations I_icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2022 12:35 am by juliet

» Vampire knight Memories 38
Zero's observations I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2022 4:18 am by juliet

» Where to Find Vampire Knight Memories Translation
Zero's observations I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2022 1:29 am by juliet

» The Final Countdown
Zero's observations I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2022 11:43 pm by juliet

» New VK Chapter is HERE!
Zero's observations I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 11, 2017 7:42 am by lililovelilica

» Links for Other Vampire Knight Forums and Sites that you like and enjoy!!
Zero's observations I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2016 7:25 pm by Saphira_K

» VK Memories CH 6!
Zero's observations I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2016 6:13 pm by Saphira_K

» VK Memories
Zero's observations I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2016 5:59 pm by Saphira_K

» New VK Chapter SPOILERS!
Zero's observations I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2016 5:47 pm by Saphira_K

» New VK Bonus Ch!!
Zero's observations I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2015 12:53 am by Saphira_K

» Translation of 'Fleeting Dreams'
Zero's observations I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2015 2:20 am by Saphira_K

» Bunko Editions
Zero's observations I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2015 2:18 am by Saphira_K

» New Vampire knight Extra
Zero's observations I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2015 2:15 am by Saphira_K

» The Musical (Original and Revive)
Zero's observations I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2015 2:40 am by Dreamiel

» NEW CHAPTER IN 2015?
Zero's observations I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2015 12:16 am by Unknown00

» Newbie in the forum...
Zero's observations I_icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2015 7:13 pm by aisan4494

» Who do you think Yuki loves more: Kaname or Zero?
Zero's observations I_icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2015 7:09 pm by aisan4494

» Zeki or Yume?
Zero's observations I_icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2015 7:04 pm by aisan4494

» So What will happen of Kaname?
Zero's observations I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2015 6:25 pm by matei alina

We and the Youtube

Poll

would you like to read a sequel of vk?or is hino thinking of writing one?
Zero's observations Bar_left59%Zero's observations Bar_right 59% [ 24 ]
Zero's observations Bar_left27%Zero's observations Bar_right 27% [ 11 ]
Zero's observations Bar_left15%Zero's observations Bar_right 15% [ 6 ]

Total Votes : 41

Friends

Terry Candy

2 posters

Zero's observations

juliet
    juliet
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Humor : Anytime...
    Warning ZoneZero's observations Dropsoa

Zero's observations Empty Zero's observations

Post by juliet Sun Aug 28, 2011 5:14 pm

The first arc mostly covered Zero's character and issues with his life (level-e condition, his life story, his relationship with Yuuki, his views about vampires. So, here is a list with things that I have realized about Zero so far and you are welcome to add your observations or debates. Some of them are funny, some are serious and some are still in question but never mind.

I think that Zero is an easy character and we know the most of him by now, at least a 70% of his total character, in contradiction with Kaname where I would say that I feel I know a 50% there and I am sure that by the end of the manga it will not get more than 70% (I think)….yes, after all these here it goes;

1. Zero is not that fond of Kaien’s plans.

You are welcome to call me crazy or that Zero’s attitude towards Kaien’s academy can be superficial but I tend to think (by his reactions there) that he is not and the greatest supporter of Kaien’s plans. I actually think that he judges the whole matter a bit silly and has literally no great faith in it. In the same view, I also think that he does not have and the best opinion about Kaien.

2. Zero is a Yume (well almost, all I lack here is some evidences that Zero will aid Yuuki with her plan to go and find Kaname).

I think he knows and he recognizes that the best man for Yuuki is Kaname. He knows that as he had stated twice that she should be with the man with whom she could spend eternity and that it is Kaname and not him, the one Yuuki needs.
    I do not think that he said or voiced that opinion, because he has a low self esteem or because he lacks confidence, but simply because he knew all along after drinking her blood, how much Yuuki loves Kaname and also how important Kaname is to Yuuki (when she said that even if Kaname betrayed her it would be allright and blab bla). So when Yuuki changes to a pureblood that is the cherry or the peak of the iceberg. He knows he has to let her for good.

3. He can tolerate common vampires (like himself LOL) but hates the purebloods.

I think that his hate about purebloods is still running hot, especially after his last statement that he would not stop Kaname (LOL Kaname is now working for Zero, perhaps he got tired waiting for the hunter to find a legal excuse? haha. So Zero is (unwillingly of course) a Kaname’s supporter. I still though have issues with how Zero managed to forgive Ichiru but cannot do the same with the pureblood race for the mess that Shizuka and Rido brought to his life. But since he did it with Ichiru, I still have hopes about the rest...

4. He has turned silent
    During the second arc is more difficult to reach for his character. I am still wondering if he has some aces up to his sleeve right now about the Sara and all the things that are happening in the academy. With his last blood donation to Yuuki (which okay my mentality refuses to believe that he just got a flash there while he was keeping a certain attitude), I start to believe that he is afraid of what can happen if things get out of control and he wants to aid Yuuki to stand up for herself. So I think he senses a real danger there and threat coming. If Sara was not in the academy, would he offer his blood? I think, no. It seems to be something there that motivates him to act further than ordinary and pass his own limits. I am still questioning the reason of this “sudden” change.

I leave you here for now, no time to write more, but you are welcome to write down your observations as well.

I wanted to do a list about Kaname also but his list is harder and longer…I’ll do though if I find time.
    sweetsolace
    sweetsolace
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Humor : look in the mirror, you'll love it~ ;)
    Warning ZoneZero's observations Drops5black

Zero's observations Empty Re: Zero's observations

Post by sweetsolace Sun Aug 28, 2011 5:58 pm

juliet wrote:
    I think that Zero is an easy character and we know the most of him by now, at least a 70% of his total character, in contradiction with Kaname where I would say that I feel I know a 50% there and I am sure that by the end of the manga it will not get more than 70% (I think)
    my percentage would go like this:
    Zero - 90%, because there was no new discovery made about him so far, this makes me think if he is hiding something its probably his theoretical though groundless "reincarnated" past, stuff before he was a fetus sharing a womb with Ichiru. Who knows he could turn out to be hooded woman's ancestor in his past past life.
    Kaname - around 20-50%, possibly lower if his actions are not what majority thinks. he had never revealed his thoughts and even the ones he had revealed to Yuki were not completely revealing and left room for doubts. but we're getting there Razz

1. Zero is not that fond of Kaien’s plans.

You are welcome to call me crazy or that Zero’s attitude towards Kaien’s academy can be superficial but I tend to think (by his reactions there) that he is not and the greatest supporter of Kaien’s plans. I actually think that he judges the whole matter a bit silly and has literally no great faith in it. In the same view, I also think that he does not have and the best opinion about Kaien.
    I thought this was obvious ever since he punched Kaien in the first arc when he offered his blood and everyone thought it was comedy. Razz
    -He didn't like the night class, and demanded Kaien that he pull it out for the sake of his anger. The NC (night class) was made for coexistence but he wasn't thinking about that.
    -I have a feeling he doesn't want to be Kaien's adopted, or be living in Cross household. essentially that would mean he also doesn't like his plans.
    -just recently he approved of Kaname killing purebloods, which means he's not exactly into "peace", which means he won't save vampire society soon if purebloods are being killed he will probably join the murderers.

in short, Zero being related to Co Existence is still a longgg way to go and he has to go personality adjustments first. I'm thinking the things he would achieve if he hadn't change and THEN he became the president lol, somehow I imagine he would approve of all activities that killed vampires whether legal or illegal.

2. Zero is a Yume (well almost, all I lack here is some evidences that Zero will aid Yuuki with her plan to go and find Kaname).
    I think he knows and he recognizes that the best man for Yuuki is Kaname. He knows that as he had stated twice that she should be with the man with whom she could spend eternity and that it is Kaname and not him, the one Yuuki needs.
    I do not think that he said or voiced that opinion, because he has a low self esteem or because he lacks confidence, but simply because he knew all along after drinking her blood, how much Yuuki loves Kaname and also how important Kaname is to Yuuki (when she said that even if Kaname betrayed her it would be allright and blab bla). So when Yuuki changes to a pureblood that is the cherry or the peak of the iceberg. He knows he has to let her for good.
    yep. He has stated that twice in the first arc, thrice I think.
    -he said, "the only one you need is Kaname Kuran"
    -and in his thoughts in that chapter made for him, he thought when he first saw Yuki holding Kaname's hand he thought she was a "human in love with a pureblood vampire" --this was his interpretation, not mine.
    -he said after he bit her and knew her feelings that he knew her feelings for "that man"

Zero also helped become the bridge between Yuki and Kaname, for Yuki to realize she loves Kaname:
    -on the white chocolate day when Yuki hesitated giving the chocolate to Kaname, Zero took it from her and threw it to Kaname
    -when Zero took her blood, he revealed to her that he felt her feelings for Kaname in her blood, making her blush, in short he helped make her realize she does love him.
    -when Yuki was hesitant to ask kaname about her past, she asked Zero to come with her. Kaname ended up confessing to Yuki and asking her to be his lover while Zero stood by the corner.
    -Kaname told Yuki to meet her in a picnic, she told Zero to come with her. Kaname then told Zero to shoo the fangirls nearby while they talked "privately".
    -now chapter 73-74 Zero's blood became the substitute for Yuki when Kaname's blood was not around to satisfy her. Taking it, she said, "This will help my duties as a Kuran pureblood". She was thinking about her duties as Kuran...and for Kaname.

3.He can tolerate common vampires (like himself LOL) but hates the purebloods.

I think that his hate about purebloods is still running hot, especially after his last statement that he would not stop Kaname (LOL Kaname is now working for Zero, perhaps he got tired waiting for the hunter to find a legal excuse? haha. So Zero is (unwillingly of course) a Kaname’s supporter. I still though have issues with how Zero managed to forgive Ichiru but cannot do the same with the pureblood race for the mess that Shizuka and Rido brought to his life. But since he did it with Ichiru, I still have hopes about the rest...

i think this is the contradicting nature with Zero. He hates vampires despite being a vampire himself. Well, to be more specific and reasonable, ok the latest one is: he just hates purebloods now and he vents his anger toward killing vampire level E's, which you can say is an improvement since the first arc, he hated ALL vampires including the night class, now he just hates purebloods. It must go with his job or something.
    As for forgiving Ichiru, I think its because Ichiru didn't become a vampire, he stayed human since Shizuka refused to turn him. If he did become a vampire I think Zero would not forgive him. Never mind the fact that despite that, Zero must have known that Ichiru and Shizuka were having an affair... So he forgave his brother that had an affair with his greatest nemesis but he couldn't forgive the other one or her kind because..? hmmm. Though I'm still looking for that hard evidence that "Purebloods manipulated his life". I think the greatest sin a pureblood had done to him was to kill his parents befoore his eyes and turn him into one. But as for the pureblood who gave him Yuki and granted him life, I don't know.

4.He has turned silent
    During the second arc is more difficult to reach for his character. I am still wondering if he has some aces up to his sleeve right now about the Sara and all the things that are happening in the academy. With his last blood donation to Yuuki (which okay my mentality refuses to believe that he just got a flash there while he was keeping a certain attitude), I start to believe that he is afraid of what can happen if things get out of control and he wants to aid Yuuki to stand up for herself. So I think he senses a real danger there and threat coming. If Sara was not in the academy, would he offer his blood? I think, no. It seems to be something there that motivates him to act further than ordinary and pass his own limits. I am still questioning the reason of this “sudden” change.
    not to mention his expression became a lot more bland and apathetic, in contrast to his dramatic and emotional expressions in the first arc.

I agree with the bold. His actions seem random. But perhaps the best reason to justify this sudden change has to do with both his hate for vampires and his "love" for Yuki, it can't just be one as both of this emotions dominate Zero albeit one more than the other. So his hatred for vampires stems from..what? Sara is the only threatening factor in the academy he must know something there that forced him into that action. Its perhaps the most "change" we had seen from him that his expression doesn't give away. You're right though, Zero's role in second arc is mostly silent yet predictable, for one, we all know that:
    1. he loves yuki and cares but shows it through being rude/rough
    2. he hates purebloods and wants to kill them but its just driven by his hatred
    3. he fulfills his duty as a hunter as he should, because he probably thinks that by doing so would prevent vampires from getting near him or harming any human

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:06 pm