Vampire Knight & Manga Forum

In order to fully enjoy the board and it's function, you can always log in or sign up to an account. Thank you...

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

In order to fully enjoy the board and it's function, you can always log in or sign up to an account. Thank you...

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Α forum dedicated to Hino's Matsuri best-seller manga Vampire Knight and the manga we love

Gallery

Dissapointed in chapter 79 - Page 2 Empty

Latest topics

» Do you trust Hino?
Dissapointed in chapter 79 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2022 12:37 am by juliet

» Our Kaname is here!! Vampire Knight memories chapter 38
Dissapointed in chapter 79 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2022 12:35 am by juliet

» Vampire knight Memories 38
Dissapointed in chapter 79 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2022 4:18 am by juliet

» Where to Find Vampire Knight Memories Translation
Dissapointed in chapter 79 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2022 1:29 am by juliet

» The Final Countdown
Dissapointed in chapter 79 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2022 11:43 pm by juliet

» New VK Chapter is HERE!
Dissapointed in chapter 79 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 11, 2017 7:42 am by lililovelilica

» Links for Other Vampire Knight Forums and Sites that you like and enjoy!!
Dissapointed in chapter 79 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2016 7:25 pm by Saphira_K

» VK Memories CH 6!
Dissapointed in chapter 79 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2016 6:13 pm by Saphira_K

» VK Memories
Dissapointed in chapter 79 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2016 5:59 pm by Saphira_K

» New VK Chapter SPOILERS!
Dissapointed in chapter 79 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2016 5:47 pm by Saphira_K

» New VK Bonus Ch!!
Dissapointed in chapter 79 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2015 12:53 am by Saphira_K

» Translation of 'Fleeting Dreams'
Dissapointed in chapter 79 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2015 2:20 am by Saphira_K

» Bunko Editions
Dissapointed in chapter 79 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2015 2:18 am by Saphira_K

» New Vampire knight Extra
Dissapointed in chapter 79 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2015 2:15 am by Saphira_K

» The Musical (Original and Revive)
Dissapointed in chapter 79 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2015 2:40 am by Dreamiel

» NEW CHAPTER IN 2015?
Dissapointed in chapter 79 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2015 12:16 am by Unknown00

» Newbie in the forum...
Dissapointed in chapter 79 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2015 7:13 pm by aisan4494

» Who do you think Yuki loves more: Kaname or Zero?
Dissapointed in chapter 79 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2015 7:09 pm by aisan4494

» Zeki or Yume?
Dissapointed in chapter 79 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2015 7:04 pm by aisan4494

» So What will happen of Kaname?
Dissapointed in chapter 79 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2015 6:25 pm by matei alina

We and the Youtube

Poll

would you like to read a sequel of vk?or is hino thinking of writing one?
Dissapointed in chapter 79 - Page 2 Bar_left59%Dissapointed in chapter 79 - Page 2 Bar_right 59% [ 24 ]
Dissapointed in chapter 79 - Page 2 Bar_left27%Dissapointed in chapter 79 - Page 2 Bar_right 27% [ 11 ]
Dissapointed in chapter 79 - Page 2 Bar_left15%Dissapointed in chapter 79 - Page 2 Bar_right 15% [ 6 ]

Total Votes : 41

Friends

Terry Candy

+17
ItsakindaMagic
juliet
Kikotsukino
solar
nina
Divine Rose
Anneliezz
aya-chan
iiXerxes
caela
Knightmare
mariangie
SassyKnight
Shoujo-Zo18
Akaruisama
lililovelilica
Narutomanga1234
21 posters

Dissapointed in chapter 79

Narutomanga1234
    Human

Warning ZoneDissapointed in chapter 79 - Page 2 Dropsoa

Dissapointed in chapter 79 - Page 2 Empty Dissapointed in chapter 79

Post by Narutomanga1234 Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:37 am

First topic message reminder :

Did anyone feel dissapointed in the new chapter? If so pls describe why. (For me i felt dissapointed because there is not much KanameXYuuki action Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad )

aya-chan
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Dissapointed in chapter 79 - Page 2 Empty Re: Dissapointed in chapter 79

Post by aya-chan Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:34 pm

caela wrote:To the question of my language skills:

I am a beginner in Japanese.

(1) I do know what a pronoun is...the "koto" or "thing" must refer to something else Yuuki thought or said previously. No one has bothered to refer it to something else that she said or thought previous to the quote in question.

(2) "ga" is usually a subject signifier...the importance/stress of the sentence is on the "I".

I notice no one disagreeing with me with these previously addressed these points.

There is no disagreement on the major points...just no one else caring what a pronoun does.

1. If you're a beginner in japanese then why do you call a translator's job, a person who speak//read/write japanese fluently, as a bad translation job?

2. I, a person who doesn't know japanese, considered that is a translator job to give you a reply about japanese matters.
    caela
    caela
    Vampire Noble Class
    Vampire Noble Class

Humor : quirky

Post by caela Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:20 pm

aya-chan wrote:

(1) I do know what a pronoun is...the "koto" or "thing" must refer to something else Yuuki thought or said previously. No one has bothered to refer it to something else that she said or thought previous to the quote in question.

(2) "ga" is usually a subject signifier...the importance/stress of the sentence is on the "I".

I notice no one disagreeing with me with these previously addressed these points.

There is no disagreement on the major points...just no one else caring what a pronoun does.

1. If you're a beginner in japanese then why do you call a translator's job, a person who speak/talk/read/write japanese fluently, as a bad translation job?

2. I, a person who doesn't know japanese, considered that is a translator job to give you a reply about japanese matters.

As I said again...none of the "experts" have bothered with translating "koto" as a pronoun. Zero's "thing" must be something specific, be something about Zero, and come from Yuuki's thoughts or words previous to the quote. Otherwise the pronoun word "koto" would never have been used.

I study Japanese because I know the translations have had a history of being unreliable.

Based on this simple check of whether or not the translations bothered with referencing the pronoun....so far the expert translations are incomplete and therefore wrong, allowing for wild fan interpretations...

Senbyafntic trans (off of the chinese) plus the literal trans of quote in question(word for word thrown in there)....

Kaname: I’ve done so much so far and yet you still fail to realize that I’ve changed my mind… it’s alright for Kiryuu-kun to tell you the truth. To a certain extent, Kiryuu-kun, who is standing right there, is the one who understands me best.

Zero: I…I had always believed, somewhere in my heart, that you’d be with Yuuki forever…
    Yuuki: So tell me, Zero…tell me the truth now! (thinking) I know…I know that he (Zero) used to pray for me, for my happiness. Even though I know Zero's thing like this(cont’d on the next page)…

(Yuuki thinking, cont’d from the previous page) "I don't know what of Kaname?
    " (to Zero) I’m sorry…it’s OK if you don’t want to talk about it.

Zero: For what purpose did you release Shizuka Hiou from her cage…Answer me, Kuran.

Even with adding the newer translations....Zero's "koto" and Kaname's "Nan" both must refer to something specific...You can look for yourself on google translate what "koto" means...and what "nan" means....and realize that Yuuki is referring to something other than the general "thing" and "what".

Using "こんな" and "Koto" make the Zero reference very specific.

Zero's thing = how he prayed for her happiness

Kaname's what = the thing Zero is accusing Kaname of...that would be something Yuuki doesn't know

(Kaname earlier in chapter: "it’s alright for Kiryuu-kun to tell you the truth. To a certain extent, Kiryuu-kun, who is standing right there, is the one who understands me best.)

and is a question referenced earlier in the chapter.

Thanks for pointing out my mistakes....I think the last part is the most correct version of the translation that I have seen.
    Kikotsukino
    Kikotsukino
    Level-E
    Level-E

Post by Kikotsukino Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:51 pm

Caela, my suggestion is that IF you are a beginner you should not question the person who speaks/read/write Japanese better than you “bad translation job”, because in the end you will just end up EMBARASSING yourself..

A person who is the translator I do believe have a lot of experience in doing so. That is why they are the ones ‘translating the work now’. It doesn’t give you that right to come in here and insult another person’s translation skills because IF you put yourself in that person shoes you will indeed FEEL OFFENDED to be corrected by a “BEGINNER” like yourself, when clearly you don’t ‘know everything about the Japanese language’ >> hence you call yourself “Beginner”??

I notice from all your arguments in here is you like to take 'whichever favors you the most' in your own shipment of >> Zeki << but know this, we are all here supporting our favorite ship to!!. If you like to 'point out things to favor your shipment >> being Zeki more << than you should do this in a proper manner. As looking from a different angle, it really amazes me how much Yuuki still hasnt return Zero's love. If Yuuki knows Zero and vice versa that well, she still chose Kaname over him, it just proof to me that she wants to be with Kaname more.

Kaname sins ~ Im sure Hino will reveal and do his character justice in the end. She did it before and i can see her doing it again. Whether Kaname is guilty or not, i believe he have his reasons for what he does, and we will still love him for this. I'm sure everything that Kaname does is for Yuuki's sake "for her protection" because this is the character i see he is. You can hope for now, because that's all there is. But dont "Cry??" or be mad in the end, when you know all your logic does not match up to your favor.

Last edited by Kikotsukino on Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:25 am; edited 2 times in total
    nina
    nina
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Humor : Black sarcasm

Post by nina Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:02 am

aya-chan wrote: I want to remember something - it's not the first time when yuuki call kaname...MY KANAME.

Chapter 52, volume 11, VIZ official version:

Yuuki before biting kaname: MY STRONG, BEAUTIFUL KANAME why would you want me?

So, chapter 79 is not for the first time when yuuki refers at kaname as her possesion - that he belongs to her.

You are right!!! Thanks for the reminder sLo_BigBearHug

caela wrote: Umm...you can fan girl on Nina...

Thank you … even though I do not think that I need your permission to do so^^

But I admit I had my fangirling time killing to birds with one stone XD.

Now on more serious matters.

caela wrote: I'm questioning the bad translation job everyone has been doing with the line:

Nina's translation (well, you didn't cite your source)
    零のことはこんなにわかるのに = "Even though I know Zero like this,"

私が枢の何をわかってないのか = "which thing of Kaname I don't know?"

こと koto: is "thing" in reference to one specific thing, a pronoun...not a general "this"...its a reference to the previous thought, "…I know that he (Zero) used to pray for me, for my happiness." (senbyafntic trans---I don't have the Japanese raws so this trans is from the chinese)

full dictionary definition of "koto": こと: (noun) (1) thing (2) matter; affair (3)event; occurrence

私が: watashi ga: "I" is the subject of the sentence because of the particle "ga"....its should be, "I don't know"....the subject of the sentence is NOT "which thing of Kaname"

A more Correct translation: Even though I know that thing of Zero (i.e. knowing that Zero prayed for her happiness), I don't know what of that of Kaname (whether or not Kaname also wishes for her happiness)

First of all I personally respect the hard work that kindly and totally VOLUNTARILY some fans are doing to translate every chapter for the fandom. So I wouldn’t dare to say “bad translation job” cuz this is at least bad manner and showing ungratefulness especially when I do not have evidence for an INTENTIONALLY and repeatedly opinionated translation.

Secondly, the first translation that we had it was made from the Chinese fan-made translation which means it was made from Japanese to --> Chinese and then to --> English … so considering also the singularity of these languages it is very possible to exist differences or even errors regarding the actual Japanese text.

Additionally the specific translator Senbyafntic, has underlined that this was a translation NOT directly form the Japanese raws BUT indirectly from the Chinese fan-made translation. So even if there existing some inconsistencies it is very possible to stem from the Japanese to Chinese translation and not from the Chinese to English. In any case when a translation isn’t made from the initial text it can’t be so accurate. Even me who am not a translator I can understand this simple thing.

Thus I provided a translation made DIRECTLY from the Japanese text refraining from badmouthing the first “rough” translation.

Now about the translation of the specific line … I think solar’s interference is more than enough enlightening.

solar wrote: Hello, whoever you are, stop throwing your poor Japanese skill and attempt to correct someone's translation when you have no "basic" knowledge of it at all.

零のことはこんなにわかるのに
    零のこと = Zero's thing
    こんなに = like this
    のに = Even though

So it becomes "Even though I know Zero's thing like this," or "Even though I know Zero like this". Both mean the same in ENGLISH!!!

私が枢の何をわかってないのか
    私が = I
    枢の何 = which thing of Kaname
    わかってない = dont't know
    のか = To indicate a question.

Then, it becomes "which thing of Kaname I don't understand?"

Your version of translation "Even though I know that thing of Zero (i.e. knowing that Zero prayed for her happiness), I don't know that of Kaname (whether or not Kaname also wishes for her happiness)" is purposedly twisted into the way you want. You don't even know what's the meaning of "枢の何" at all.

I will not play the smarty here demonstrating a knowledge that I do not have, but the members can draw their own conclusions.

@soral thank you for the clarification and the trouble.

So I suggest to every member to be more careful with characterizations regarding the available translations. We should show respect at least to their hard work, and moreover for fans/translators that do not have “access”, and I mean that aren’t members in this forum hence they do not have the opportunity to answer, defending their work or sayings.
    juliet
    juliet
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Humor : Anytime...

Post by juliet Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:20 am

Also please as a moderator I would like to ask all parties to refrain from using other forums or members of other forums in this forum in order to state an argument. Its has been stated before as a pleading to all so that we can maintain the clarity of the topics as well as avoiding other implications.

@Solar thanks for clarifying the above parts above...its highly appreciated...

Further than that, as a member I would like also to pinpoint that Solar's translation comes from the japanese raws, which we were one way or another expecting in order to form a far clearer view and apprehension of the chapter, so there is no point in debating a translation that uses the original source with a translation that has been through two languages in the first place and the translators from the chinese versions have already stated their preservations on the lines that they translate.

And I would like to say that when debating or arguing other people's translation that's a very important factor that we should take into account along with respecting their work, especially if we do not know to whom we really respond to. For the sake of all no characterizations are needed.

Shoujo-Zo18
    Shoujo-Zo18
    Vampire Noble Class
    Vampire Noble Class

Warning ZoneDissapointed in chapter 79 - Page 2 Drops3

Post by Shoujo-Zo18 Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:24 am

nina wrote:
    Shoujo-Zo18 wrote: Hahaha you think that's proof?? Ichijou is a third party, he obviously wasn't there to witness the scene that just took place between Kaname, Yuuki, and Zero, nor could he have read her thoughts at that exact moment

Okay … and since you supposedly have read the chapter … tell us what part of Yuuki’s thoughts makes you believe that she doesn’t still believe and love Kaname?

Let me help you to make your choice ^^>>

1. When our eyes met … Kaname … MY KANAME is there … I must go to him…

KYAHHHH!!!! And to think that just minutes ago Zero was whining Razz that Kaname had destroyed his everything! And what Yuuki thinks; >> MY KANAME I MUST GO TO HIM! >> *starts running*

2. Yuuki (thinking): I can’t feel his heartbeat. What I see in front of me is not Kaname in person. (to Kaname) You are not here to take me away like before, right?

Yuuki “whining” that Kaname didn’t COME TO GET HER AWAY LIKE BEFORE!
    Her sadness and crash of this realization is written all over her face >>
    Dissapointed in chapter 79 - Page 2 8718367adab44aed4302295

So what that tells us; that Yuuki ALL that LONG that you as a Zeki thought that she was sharing Zeki moments at the academy Razz her only wish was to come Kaname and get her away, walking together at the sunset hahaha! Dissapointed in chapter 79 - Page 2 3814611447

Did Yuuki or did she not hear Zero’s BIG revelation that Kaname destroyed his family a few minutes ago????

How many times Yuuki all this time heard hurtful and shocking news for Kaname huh? How many times you Zekis hoped that Yuuki will change her feelings for Kaname till now huh? Let me start counting ( 1, 2, … 1000 it might take days haha)

3. When she listens Kaname’s crashing words >>

"Even though I know Zero like this, which thing of Kaname I don't know?"

She wonders what is that she doesn't know!

So she doesn’t say that she knows everything about Zero and nothing about Kaname … she was in shock ofc cuz the REAL Kaname that she truly knows in her heart couldn’t have done that thing … and again her intuition is right cuz Kaname IS LYING!
    And just for the record … did or did she not have said in the past as well that Kaname has secrets from her and that she doesn’t know everything about him? She did … Did that prevent her from loving him??? No … on the contrary she was still head over heels for him thus she was crashed when Kaname left!

4. Even when Zero pointed his gun to Kaname, bearing the intention to kill him, something that it is obvious from his veins … what Yuuki did? She stopped Zero didn’t she??? Patting his head *good boy Zero, good boy* > a reaction pretty sisterly/motherly as she always did in the past with Zero’s suffering.

5. And FINALLY even the moment that Zero was holding her, her mind was AGAIN to Kaname >>

Yuuki: I seem to finally understand…if I go back to the root of everything, I’ll find myself there. (i.e., everything must have happened because of me) And therefore, I must stop Kaname.

but at that moment he said that to Kaname she was in Zero's arms, probably thinking over the words Kaname said... and she was even crying for Zero, which leads me to think she felt horrible for what happened to Zero...

The name in her mind is Kaname’s … except if in your version you’ve replaced that name with Zero’s hahaha … You probably takes as valid ONLY what Zero thinks/believes/says –because the thought “don’t cry for me” (Argentina Razz) isn’t Yuuki’s but Zero’s INTERPRETATION of Yuuki’s sadness.

Saying that ofc I do not imply OR deny the fact that she felt sorry for Zero’s drama. But is this a proof of her ROMANTIC feelings for Zero? Which sane being wouldn’t feel sorry for him after hearing Kaname’s version of the story???

Moreover when Yuuki believes that everything happened for her sake i.e. that she is up to a point resposible as well for Zero's drama (>> more pity and guilt)

But in any case we (the readers) know that Kaname was lying there … he might have freed Shizuka but the time he did it the Kiryuus had nothing to do with her ! Shizuka escaped from her cage WITH HER LOVER, which simply means that he was still alive!!!! Viz the Kiryuus wasn’t even ordered to kill her lover …

So how Kaname could ever have freed Shizuka with the intention to harm the Kiryuus??? Zero might not know in depths Shizuka’s story or the exact row of the events … But WE, the readers, KNOW.

Therefore even IF Yuuki believed that Kaname is responsible for Zero’s drama she would have believed in an intentional BIG FAT LIE which in the run definitely would be revealed … So? Or do you wish Yuuki to choose Zero over Kaname (as if Razz) based on an evident lie???? >>

but she has some things to consider and think over before she makes any decision. She has to decide whether she still trusts him or not

To think what? To decide based on what? On a lie??? OR on another lie that Kaname doesn’t love her anymore???

From the same hope some fans was hanging after Zero’s badmouth and heartrending burst Razz that Kaname is the filthier being but as we saw Yuuki’s first reaction was to run to > HER KANAME! <33333 … I smell desperation here haha

And lastly … how and we do not know what Yuuki feels about Kaname huh? What changed in Yuuki’s thoughts and decisions after that scene? Didn’t she repeat AGAIN that she must stop Kaname? Didn’t she realise that everything is FOR HER? > “everything must have happened because of me”

Did she think that she hates Kaname now??? No! >> her action to stop Zero from shooting Kaname is the indication for that lol. And if you ask me, her realization that everything must have happened because of her means that Yuuki didn’t buy Kaname’s lie that she is just an obstacle to him i.e. his façade collapsed once again!

Did she or did she not say, every time that she heard a shocking new regarding Kaname that she must go to him? She did …

Did she or did she not say AGAIN in the end of this chapter the same???

How many times did Yuuki till now crash Zekis’ hopes that she’ll give up on Kaname huh??? *(still counting ZZZZZZ)*

So bottom line ... even if Takuma is a third party, or even if he wasn't present at the scene he stated the evident! I wish Kaname could hear him and act SELFISHLY for a change and take Yuuki away in a far far away place and be all night long lovey-dovey! Dissapointed in chapter 79 - Page 2 230346397 *sigh*

mariangie wrote:
    Learn to read . Not only read between lines . Read the whole thing .
    Dissapointed in chapter 79 - Page 2 803743774

K first of all, I was talking about AFTER Kaname revealed about what he did. She was shocked, that's my point. She was obviously thinking about something. And i did say I DO NOT know what yuuki was thinking. She never once did say " I still trust Kaname" or " I don't trust Kaname". All she thought was " I will stop Kaname." ( which she's been saying for ahwhile now... it kinda ticks me off.... but of course it's not like she had the chance to since kaname's been gone...but she also hasn't even tried at all to look for him at all. I find it hard to believe any promises she makes ) The only major point i'm trying to make is that WE DO NOT KNOW what Yuuki was thinking and it's sad to try to pass anything off as fact when it's yet to be known.
    iiXerxes
    iiXerxes
    Level-E
    Level-E

Post by iiXerxes Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:34 am

You guys act like she WANTED kaname to take her. She wasn't whining about him not taking her. She was saying "You're not here to take me back right? Why are you here?" Like that. not like she wanted to come with him. She almost looks possessed when walking to kaname. It's a bit creepy. It's like zero snapped her out of some fantasy land of hers. and she DOES say she knows everything about zero but nothing about kaname. If kaname and yuuki are so close, why does yuuki know basically nothing about what he intends to do? nothing about him? I think it's leaning more towards zeki. Notice how when she started comforting zero, kaname disappeared and she didn't seem to care. and to prove that you guys can't just assume certain things will happen, before chapter 79 came out, most of you thought she'd run to kaname happily and that she'd return home with him...no...her mind was basically focused on zero this chapter and there was barely any yume interaction. Not to ruin your hope for yume, but I think things are starting to change quite a bit. It might not turn out the way you think seeing as how the things you hoped would happen for chapter 79, didn't. When she said kaname's name in her head at the end, it wasn't in a sentence like "I'll return to kaname" or anything. It was her saying she's going to stop kaname. I think she said that BECAUSE of that scene making her realize she really DOES need to stop kaname. and she was OBVIOUSLY crying for zero. Why would she stroke his head and cry for kaname? she was looking straight at zero when she was crying and if she were crying for kaname, you would think she'd care that he just disappeared. and her horrified look towards kaname when he was explaining what he did, led to her crying for zero. she was stroking zero's head to comfort him. she was no doubt, crying for zero only.
    ItsakindaMagic
    ItsakindaMagic
    Human

Post by ItsakindaMagic Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:32 am

I don't really understand what the differences are in the translations that you guys are talking about. Sad

Of course she wanted to go to kaname, she's been talking about going to him since he left, but at the same time it didn't look like she wanted to go...if that makes sense. kinda like she went instinctually. she still likes him for sure. I do think she forgot about Kaname pretty quickly, though maybe cos he wasn't really there and only his bat thingy. I think it was silly that kaname left so quickly. I liked the Zero and yuuki together bits. It was sweet but not romantic enough for me. I liked that they kinda sounded like they were reading each others minds. I was disappointed kaname and zero didn't fight. not enough happened. i hope kaname kills Sara and takes back Ichijou.
    solar
    Human

Post by solar Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:10 am

From Caela:

Being a beginner does not become your perfect excuse to spam any forum with your fake understanding of Japanese without getting any condemnation and despise. The word "koto" is a "noun", not "pronoun". Do you understand the difference between "noun" and "pronoun" in English at all? Both "Koto" and "Mono" are commonly used in most of Japanese dialogues. Most of time we will omit the word "thing" to make it less wordy. However, sometimes, the word "thing" is needed to explain certain part clearly.

A good manga translation is the one that will not be added or subtracted important things from the actual content in order to make readers believe in your own point of views.

From Caela:

Understanding "ga" doesn't prove that you know Japanese. "ga", "wa", "mo" all these are extremly rudimentary. It's like someone who just begins to study "is, am, are" or "a b c". If you can bother yourself, instead of self-admiring in your own La La land, to try looking around other people's posts, there are some posters who constantly quote their points in Japanese and never get the same degree of embarrassment as you have now.

From Caela:

If you continue to believe like this yourself, you will continue to get more negative response from more people. When no one replies you, it doesn't always mean they agree with you.

From Caela:
    Since "koto" (which means "thing", a noun, NOT pronoun) is what you considered the most critical part in this entire chapter 79, I have already seen your "limit" and "capability" and I really don't think you are worth to discuss with at all.
    Shoujo-Zo18
    Shoujo-Zo18
    Vampire Noble Class
    Vampire Noble Class

Post by Shoujo-Zo18 Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:24 am

iiXerxes wrote:You guys act like she WANTED kaname to take her. She wasn't whining about him not taking her. She was saying "You're not here to take me back right? Why are you here?" Like that. not like she wanted to come with him. She almost looks possessed when walking to kaname. It's a bit creepy. It's like zero snapped her out of some fantasy land of hers. and she DOES say she knows everything about zero but nothing about kaname. If kaname and yuuki are so close, why does yuuki know basically nothing about what he intends to do? nothing about him? I think it's leaning more towards zeki. Notice how when she started comforting zero, kaname disappeared and she didn't seem to care. and to prove that you guys can't just assume certain things will happen, before chapter 79 came out, most of you thought she'd run to kaname happily and that she'd return home with him...no...her mind was basically focused on zero this chapter and there was barely any yume interaction. Not to ruin your hope for yume, but I think things are starting to change quite a bit. It might not turn out the way you think seeing as how the things you hoped would happen for chapter 79, didn't. When she said kaname's name in her head at the end, it wasn't in a sentence like "I'll return to kaname" or anything. It was her saying she's going to stop kaname. I think she said that BECAUSE of that scene making her realize she really DOES need to stop kaname. and she was OBVIOUSLY crying for zero. Why would she stroke his head and cry for kaname? she was looking straight at zero when she was crying and if she were crying for kaname, you would think she'd care that he just disappeared. and her horrified look towards kaname when he was explaining what he did, led to her crying for zero. she was stroking zero's head to comfort him. she was no doubt, crying for zero only.

Bolded a few points I particularly liked... and that i 100% agree with! Very Happy I loved your post Xerxes!!! <3<3<3 Everyone keeps saying zeki's are supposed to be the hopeful ones... but why are all the yumes always so defensive when there's supposably nothing to defend? Cuz Kaname is PERFECT, right? ^^ I will not say Zero is 100% perfect, i'm not that arrogant. He makes mistakes just like any normal person. I admit to the mistakes he's made, but honestly, i can't recall something he physically did that deserves him being sent to hell or anything... I do support the pairing of Yuuki & Zero, but I don't hate Kaname because he's a love rival...just to make that clear. I just dislike him as a person because of a lot of things he's done and how much of a jeeeeerk he was to Zero in the past, and even now. I COULD have supported him and Yuuki as a couple, sure.... if I actually thought he were a good guy.
    KuranPrince
    KuranPrince
    Vampire Noble Class
    Vampire Noble Class

Post by KuranPrince Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:25 am

iiXerxes wrote:You guys act like she WANTED kaname to take her. She wasn't whining about him not taking her. She was saying "You're not here to take me back right? Why are you here?" Like that. not like she wanted to come with him. She almost looks possessed when walking to kaname. It's a bit creepy. It's like zero snapped her out of some fantasy land of hers. and she DOES say she knows everything about zero but nothing about kaname. If kaname and yuuki are so close, why does yuuki know basically nothing about what he intends to do? nothing about him? I think it's leaning more towards zeki. Notice how when she started comforting zero, kaname disappeared and she didn't seem to care. and to prove that you guys can't just assume certain things will happen, before chapter 79 came out, most of you thought she'd run to kaname happily and that she'd return home with him...no...her mind was basically focused on zero this chapter and there was barely any yume interaction. Not to ruin your hope for yume, but I think things are starting to change quite a bit. It might not turn out the way you think seeing as how the things you hoped would happen for chapter 79, didn't. When she said kaname's name in her head at the end, it wasn't in a sentence like "I'll return to kaname" or anything. It was her saying she's going to stop kaname. I think she said that BECAUSE of that scene making her realize she really DOES need to stop kaname. and she was OBVIOUSLY crying for zero. Why would she stroke his head and cry for kaname? she was looking straight at zero when she was crying and if she were crying for kaname, you would think she'd care that he just disappeared. and her horrified look towards kaname when he was explaining what he did, led to her crying for zero. she was stroking zero's head to comfort him. she was no doubt, crying for zero only.

About your first question (in bold)... One of the reasons why Kaname and his fiancee Yuuki is so close is because they both share the same interest, determination, and goal. My other answer to your second question... you're not ruining hope for Yume, it's already known that Kaname & Yuuki are canon couples and soulmates. There is a possibility that Yuuki will stop Kaname... but there's also a much greater possibility that Yuuki will save Kaname's life as well breaking the contradictary bonding between him and Rido. That proves that Yuuki is Kaname's equal-- lover and fighter. And finally... why the hell do you think Yuuki is crying for Zero only? Maybe it's because Zero had to break away his hug and then clenches Yuuki's arm forcefully? Where's the love in that?
    juliet
    juliet
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Post by juliet Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:20 am

Please all sides now stop the flaming and the spamming as well, there is no need for further fires to be exchanged on the subject of translating; i think that its obvious that the more reliable translation that we can get is the one that the japanese source provide and not any other way around.

I don't really understand what the differences are in the translations that you guys are talking about.

The differences are as follow;

is the translation from the japanese that Solar provides

and the translation that Ceala provides;

Even though I know that thing of Zero (i.e. knowing that Zero prayed for her happiness), I don't know what of that of Kaname (whether or not Kaname also wishes for her happiness)

and the original chinese to english translation that we had originally from Senbyafanatic (with all respect to the effort made and the time that she took to translate the chinese raws for us) is:

How is it that I know everything about Zero. But nothing about Kaname?

To me it does not make at all of a difference, simply because either Yuuki understands a part of Kaname, or does not understand him at all, its not her mistake that she fails to see the truth behind him, because HE is the one that does not want her to see.

So in my opinion she is right, she understands the core and basic fact which is her inability to understand; and this is important because this is an element that once she spots it, she can move forward. She questions herself and that means that she cares enough to do so.

Personally I just see it as a failure to count the commas that a phrase has in order to support what?

That Yuuki does not love Kaname?

She calls him MY KANAME

That she does not trust him?

As it was supported before it is a stranger in this case, Takuma, who says to Kaname that Yuuki still believes in him and if Takuma can support such an argument and form such an opinion after seeing Yuuki for some moments, imagine if he had been around her.

To state perhaps that she does not want to follow him?

I think she said that BECAUSE of that scene making her realize she really DOES need to stop kaname. and she was OBVIOUSLY crying for zero.

That's the first line that crosses her mind when she sees him...

When our eyes met…Kaname…my Kaname is right over there…and I must follow him

You guys act like she WANTED kaname to take her. She wasn't whining about him not taking her. She was saying "You're not here to take me back right? Why are you here?" Like that. not like she wanted to come with him.

it is only after she realizes that he is not there as a whole that she is questioning what it is that he wants there, since he did not come for her...here the initial phrase once more;

So what are we discussing about? what are we doubting that hard? the self -evident...but please tell me when you jump in lines like this and conclusions...

I think it's leaning more towards zeki. Notice how when she started comforting zero, kaname disappeared and she didn't seem to care. and to prove that you guys can't just assume certain things will happen, before chapter 79 came out, most of you thought she'd run to kaname happily and that she'd return home with him...no...her mind was basically focused on zero this chapter and there was barely any yume interaction.

...what do you do with the above lines that scream for her need to be with him, to follow him, to understand him DESPITE everything...Do you ditch them, do you overview or tend to ignore them to make the meaning much easier and simplistic than what it really is?
    iiXerxes
    iiXerxes
    Level-E
    Level-E

Post by iiXerxes Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:58 pm

juliet wrote:Please all sides now stop the flaming and the spamming as well, there is no need for further fires to be exchanged on the subject of translating; i think that its obvious that the more reliable translation that we can get is the one that the japanese source provide and not any other way around.

I don't really understand what the differences are in the translations that you guys are talking about.

The differences are as follow;

is the translation from the japanese that Solar provides

and the translation that Ceala provides;

Even though I know that thing of Zero (i.e. knowing that Zero prayed for her happiness), I don't know what of that of Kaname (whether or not Kaname also wishes for her happiness)

and the original chinese to english translation that we had originally from Senbyafanatic (with all respect to the effort made and the time that she took to translate the chinese raws for us) is:

How is it that I know everything about Zero. But nothing about Kaname?

To me it does not make at all of a difference, simply because either Yuuki understands a part of Kaname, or does not understand him at all, its not her mistake that she fails to see the truth behind him, because HE is the one that does not want her to see.

So in my opinion she is right, she understands the core and basic fact which is her inability to understand; and this is important because this is an element that once she spots it, she can move forward. She questions herself and that means that she cares enough to do so.

Personally I just see it as a failure to count the commas that a phrase has in order to support what?

That Yuuki does not love Kaname?

She calls him MY KANAME

That she does not trust him?

As it was supported before it is a stranger in this case, Takuma, who says to Kaname that Yuuki still believes in him and if Takuma can support such an argument and form such an opinion after seeing Yuuki for some moments, imagine if he had been around her.

To state perhaps that she does not want to follow him?

I think she said that BECAUSE of that scene making her realize she really DOES need to stop kaname. and she was OBVIOUSLY crying for zero.

That's the first line that crosses her mind when she sees him...

You guys act like she WANTED kaname to take her. She wasn't whining about him not taking her. She was saying "You're not here to take me back right? Why are you here?" Like that. not like she wanted to come with him.

it is only after she realizes that he is not there as a whole that she is questioning what it is that he wants there, since he did not come for her...here the initial phrase once more;

So what are we discussing about? what are we doubting that hard? the self -evident...but please tell me when you jump in lines like this and conclusions...

I think it's leaning more towards zeki. Notice how when she started comforting zero, kaname disappeared and she didn't seem to care. and to prove that you guys can't just assume certain things will happen, before chapter 79 came out, most of you thought she'd run to kaname happily and that she'd return home with him...no...her mind was basically focused on zero this chapter and there was barely any yume interaction.

...what do you do with the above lines that scream for her need to be with him, to follow him, to understand him DESPITE everything...Do you ditch them, do you overview or tend to ignore them to make the meaning much easier and simplistic than what it really is?

She looks possessed when going to follow kaname. Why do i feel as if he did something..knowing kaname, he would do things like that since he's done awful things before. But u once again ignore the obvious thing. That she was crying for zero and IGNORED kaname. If she's so focused on kaname like you said, why didn't she care he disappeared huh? I think yuuki's pretty frustrated with kaname right now...I wouldn't be surprised. But it isn't like yuuki to just forget everything and walk to kaname like a zombie. IMO she looks completely out of it and thats not really romantic but weird. And I'm pretty sure she looked sad when first talking to kaname because of zero's grip hurting her arm. It said that in a translation...but at the end, you fail to see that zero and yuuki looked like they were having a conversation through thoughts. being able to tell what each other's thinking surpasses love... I think zero and yuuki have a much greater bond than kaname and yuuki...but you guys don't see any love in their relationship (i have no idea why..) so i might as well stop here. Just because kaname was standing near her doesn't mean her thoughts were only focused on kaname...yeah she says his name at the end but that's not that exciting...she's realizing she needs to STOP him, not go to him or anything.
    KuranPrince
    KuranPrince
    Vampire Noble Class
    Vampire Noble Class

Post by KuranPrince Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:58 pm

iiXerxes wrote:She looks possessed when going to follow kaname. Why do i feel as if he did something..knowing kaname, he would do things like that since he's done awful things before. But u once again ignore the obvious thing. That she was crying for zero and IGNORED kaname. If she's so focused on kaname like you said, why didn't she care he disappeared huh? I think yuuki's pretty frustrated with kaname right now...I wouldn't be surprised. But it isn't like yuuki to just forget everything and walk to kaname like a zombie. IMO she looks completely out of it and thats not really romantic but weird. And I'm pretty sure she looked sad when first talking to kaname because of zero's grip hurting her arm. It said that in a translation...but at the end, you fail to see that zero and yuuki looked like they were having a conversation through thoughts. being able to tell what each other's thinking surpasses love... I think zero and yuuki have a much greater bond than kaname and yuuki...but you guys don't see any love in their relationship (i have no idea why..) so i might as well stop here. Just because kaname was standing near her doesn't mean her thoughts were only focused on kaname...yeah she says his name at the end but that's not that exciting...she's realizing she needs to STOP him, not go to him or anything.

I have to disagree with you, Xerxes. Yuuki is NOT ignoring Kaname at all and isn't crying for Zero. I assume that you're either reading a different manga or creating your own version of VK. Yuuki is not a zombie, yet you ignore the fact the she's just a pureblood vampire. All that she wants is to find out what's going on with Kaname. Zero just wants Kaname dead... the same goes to Sara. Everything that you've posted are both invalid and hypocritical. I'm not in a very good mood repeating myself to you, but enough is enough. Yuuki wants to stop Kaname and save him... breaking the bond between him and Rido. Zero needs to let go of his forceful vice grip on Yuuki, accept her, and let it go... move on. Somehow, I fear that he'll soon fall.
    aya-chan
    aya-chan
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Humor : oiseaux de se ressemble s'assemble

Post by aya-chan Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:04 pm

iiXerxes wrote:

She looks possessed when going to follow kaname. Why do i feel as if he did something..knowing kaname, he would do things like that since he's done awful things before. But u once again ignore the obvious thing. That she was crying for zero and IGNORED kaname. If she's so focused on kaname like you said, why didn't she care he disappeared huh? I think yuuki's pretty frustrated with kaname right now...I wouldn't be surprised. But it isn't like yuuki to just forget everything and walk to kaname like a zombie. IMO she looks completely out of it and thats not really romantic but weird. And I'm pretty sure she looked sad when first talking to kaname because of zero's grip hurting her arm. It said that in a translation...but at the end, you fail to see that zero and yuuki looked like they were having a conversation through thoughts. being able to tell what each other's thinking surpasses love... I think zero and yuuki have a much greater bond than kaname and yuuki...but you guys don't see any love in their relationship (i have no idea why..) so i might as well stop here. Just because kaname was standing near her doesn't mean her thoughts were only focused on kaname...yeah she says his name at the end but that's not that exciting...she's realizing she needs to STOP him, not go to him or anything.

While I read your post, different feelings went through my body

Dissapointed in chapter 79 - Page 2 M071

Dissapointed in chapter 79 - Page 2 M061

I did my best in finding a nice way to reply you - I cannot do more than that.

Yuuki's reaction when she saw kaname:
    when you love someone, and you did not see that person for a long time, you would walk unconsciouly towards that person. This was yuuki's case.
    She saw kaname, and she walked unconsciouly towards him. Yuuki was not possesed, but she was overwhelmed by her desire to go to him and be to him.
    When yuuki realised the kaname in front of her isn't the real kaname, yuuki was dissapointed, and she suffered because kaname did not come to take her with him, how he did in the past.

Possesed was zero's arm which stopped yuuki going to kaname.

Yuuki said countless time she need to stop kaname, and when kaname, or his familiar was in front of her, her thoughts were obvious: she wanted to go to him, to be taken away by him, she wanted to be together with kaname.
    iiXerxes
    iiXerxes
    Level-E
    Level-E

Post by iiXerxes Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:30 pm

aya-chan wrote:While I read your post, different feelings went through my body

when you love someone, and you did not see that person for a long time, you would walk unconsciouly towards that person. This was yuuki's case.
    She saw kaname, and she walked unconsciouly towards him. Yuuki was not possesed, but she was overwhelmed by her desire to go to him and be to him.
    When yuuki realised the kaname in front of her isn't the real kaname, yuuki was dissapointed, and she suffered because kaname did not come to take her with him, how he did in the past.

Yuuki said countless time she need to stop kaname, and when kaname, or his familiar was in front of her, her thoughts were obvious: she wanted to go to him, to be taken away by him, she wanted to be together with kaname.

That's your opinion. but even if it were a zeki scene, I'd still think it's kind of weird. more creepy than romantic. When zero grabbed her arm, it looks like she snapped out of something. Even if she wasn't possessed or anything, its just kind of odd...I can understand being overwhelmed about seeing someone you love that you haven't seen for a long time, but what she said in her thoughts were weird too. "My kaname...I must follow him" It's like she's going to obey her master...but that's not what i was really concerned about anyway so..

Post by Guest Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:03 pm

iiXerxes wrote:
    aya-chan wrote:While I read your post, different feelings went through my body

That's your opinion. but even if it were a zeki scene, I'd still think it's kind of weird. more creepy than romantic. When zero grabbed her arm, it looks like she snapped out of something. Even if she wasn't possessed or anything, its just kind of odd...I can understand being overwhelmed about seeing someone you love that you haven't seen for a long time, but what she said in her thoughts were weird too. "My kaname...I must follow him" It's like she's going to obey her master...but that's not what i was really concerned about anyway so..
    FYI
    she was not being possessed she was mearly wanting to see kaname and ask him all the qustions that have been in her mind!! and it was NOT like a master and survent thing she called him "my kaname" she did it because he is her love and belongs to her and her alone. AND i would like it if you could be more understanding of the yume's on this chat room.
    p.s i do understand where you are coming from but just because you are a zuki and we are yume's (i am not saying you are the only zuki here) if we are haveing a bit of a go at you it is not because you are a zuki it is because we are questning your way of thinking!!! as i said we are not trying to be mean to you!!! (i dont speek for all the yumes because they may disagree with what i am saying) aha
    juliet
    juliet
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Post by juliet Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:25 pm

"My kaname...I must follow him" It's like she's going to obey her master...but that's not what i was really concerned about anyway so..

yes of course she must follow him either wise she was going to lose him as it happened...the fact that Zero grabbed her and had to stop her via force is an action that also shows her determination.

Since Kaname at this point wants to drive Yuuki away, obviously the least that he wants her is hypnotized, m...perhaps you can not digest the fact that Yuuki's feelings are strong and pure, I understand there but lets not make up excuses...

for the rest of the story and because I did not answer your previous post for me in order not to repeat the already said, I think that the girls above covered me perfectly.

Now to answer the post's question about being disappointment; m so..so..

I admired Kaname in this chapter, I did and even though at the beginning it was a discouraging chapter, later on i saw his determination and his courage, the way he surpasses difficulties and weaknesses and takes all the weight on his shoulders for crimes that he did not commit (and we know how much all of these pretended behavior hearts him- he is the one that fears mostly of losing Yuuki as his dream showed- but finds the ultimate courage to go on).

So now, at the end and after thinking about it, i was not disappointment, I think that Hino shall justify him at the end because he is too willing and too brave to step this hard path and that made me feel better.
    iiXerxes
    iiXerxes
    Level-E
    Level-E

Post by iiXerxes Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:38 pm

yukikuran90210 wrote:she was not being possessed she was mearly wanting to see kaname and ask him all the qustions that have been in her mind!! and it was NOT like a master and survent thing she called him "my kaname" she did it because he is her love and belongs to her and her alone. AND i would like it if you could be more understanding of the yume's on this chat room.
    p.s i do understand where you are coming from but just because you are a zuki and we are yume's (i am not saying you are the only zuki here) if we are haveing a bit of a go at you it is not because you are a zuki it is because we are questning your way of thinking!!! as i said we are not trying to be mean to you!!! (i dont speek for all the yumes because they may disagree with what i am saying) aha

I know. I'm not trying to be mean either. I think it looked like a servant obeying her master and you think it looks like shes just happy to see him...I never said you couldn't think what you wanted. this forum is for discussing what we think. I'm not bashing you guys or disrespecting you...I've said numerous times that I'm not trying to be mean. If my replies are THAT bad..then I'll shut up ._.

and at juliet...you're right. but I still think she just looks possessed. not saying she IS but she looks it. and I myself just find that a bit creepy. I've seen others thinking the same thing.

Post by Guest Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:43 pm

iiXerxes wrote:
    yukikuran90210 wrote:she was not being possessed she was mearly wanting to see kaname and ask him all the qustions that have been in her mind!! and it was NOT like a master and survent thing she called him "my kaname" she did it because he is her love and belongs to her and her alone. AND i would like it if you could be more understanding of the yume's on this chat room.

I know. I'm not trying to be mean either. I think it looked like a servant obeying her master and you think it looks like shes just happy to see him...I never said you couldn't think what you wanted. this forum is for discussing what we think. I'm not bashing you guys or disrespecting you...I've said numerous times that I'm not trying to be mean. If my replies are THAT bad..then I'll shut up ._.

and at juliet...you're right. but I still think she just looks possessed. not saying she IS but she looks it. and I myself just find that a bit creepy. I've seen others thinking the same thing.
    like i said i do see what you mean, and you dont need to shut up you are free to think what you want!! Dissapointed in chapter 79 - Page 2 471363817 i was not really ufended by what you said (it takes alot to ufend me i'm really mellow)but i do understand how the other yumes feel,so try to pick you words carefuly ok?
    thorn
    thorn
    Human

Post by thorn Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:52 am

Disappointing indeed it was.

I'm very much hoping that we get to explore the mindset of Kaname.
    Maybe we'll see more of his story from the past, and what drove him to the point he wants every since pure blood dead.
    (my guess is someone from his past that he loved dearly died from some issue, maybe the war? And he wants to attempt to make that person's desire a reality).

Shoujo-Zo18
    Shoujo-Zo18
    Vampire Noble Class
    Vampire Noble Class

Post by Shoujo-Zo18 Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:38 am

Actually we did learn something from Kaname, I was quite interested and pleased to learn something new about his "sin". But everyone keeps trying to say its not even true...eh, whatever but I believe it.
    Katherine
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Humor : Le coeur a ses raisons que la raison ne connaît point.

Post by Katherine Sun Jan 29, 2012 2:03 pm

Shoujo-Zo18 wrote:Actually we did learn something from Kaname, I was quite interested and pleased to learn something new about his "sin". But everyone keeps trying to say its not even true...eh, whatever but I believe it.

I won´t post the links to the pages in the manga where you can see that it isn´t true again...you can find them in a lot of threads, just keep your eyes open ooooh

Furthermore think about the following sentence and give an answer to it:

" We already know what Kaname is trying to do...what is Yuuki to Kaname and how far would he go to protect her (and keep her away from him so that she is safe)?"
    Shoujo-Zo18
    Shoujo-Zo18
    Vampire Noble Class
    Vampire Noble Class

Post by Shoujo-Zo18 Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:38 am

Katherine wrote:
    Shoujo-Zo18 wrote:Actually we did learn something from Kaname, I was quite interested and pleased to learn something new about his "sin". But everyone keeps trying to say its not even true...eh, whatever but I believe it.

I won´t post the links to the pages in the manga where you can see that it isn´t true again...you can find them in a lot of threads, just keep your eyes open ooooh

" We already know what Kaname is trying to do...what is Yuuki to Kaname and how far would he go to protect her (and keep her away from him so that she is safe)?"

Well, he has gone to extremes in the past, but I just don't understand the widely used theory of him trying to get her to hate him to protect her. I see no cause for that as of yet.

By the way, your sig picture is the vampire diaries right? To be honest, I did read the books and loved them,(though its been awhile) the television series made Damon ( i think thats his name) just as beautiful as he was described in the book, but as with edward from twilight, they ruined the other main guys image... ( i can't remember his name) I tried watching a couple eps of the series when it started but I couldn't stand it since it changed so much from the book and basically only kept the character names the same. But despite that, is it really a good series? Not cheesy is it?
    DarkRose
    DarkRose
    Human

Post by DarkRose Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:33 am

Narutomanga1234 wrote:Did anyone feel dissapointed in the new chapter? If so pls describe why. (For me i felt dissapointed because there is not much KanameXYuuki action Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad )

Either Kaname can really keep a straight when saying Yuuki's a hindrance, or he really means it. Which is a horrible thing to say either way, but at least Zero hugs Yuuki the Zeki fans probably really liked that... geek
    Katherine
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Humor : Le coeur a ses raisons que la raison ne connaît point.

Post by Katherine Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:53 pm

Shoujo-Zo18 wrote:
    Katherine wrote:

Well, he has gone to extremes in the past, but I just don't understand the widely used theory of him trying to get her to hate him to protect her. I see no cause for that as of yet.

By the way, your sig picture is the vampire diaries right? To be honest, I did read the books and loved them,(though its been awhile) the television series made Damon ( i think thats his name) just as beautiful as he was described in the book, but as with edward from twilight, they ruined the other main guys image... ( i can't remember his name) I tried watching a couple eps of the series when it started but I couldn't stand it since it changed so much from the book and basically only kept the character names the same. But despite that, is it really a good series? Not cheesy is it?

Hello again, I will try to explain why I think like that (it´s only my opinion and because of that it´s not objective, don´t take it for granted Smile You have the freedom to decide yourself)

Are you in a relationship? Or in love with someone...well from my perspective I would try to protect my boyfriend from evil things, I want to take everything that hurts or overexert him away from him, that´s only natural if you care for someone so much, you don´t want the person you like to have problems because of you...

well that was in general, in our normal human life, but we have to look in detail at vampires now...
    Kaname is in love with Yuuki, I don´t want to fight about the topic if Yuuki loves him too but that doesn´t matter here at all...his feelings for Yuuki are really extreme, she is the person who gives life and light to his dark life...she is the person he wants to protect...
    Now Kaname is doing some things who will trouble him in future...we know that he wants to be responsible for everything evil (even the things Sara did)...so what do you think will the hunters and vampired do to someone who killed purebloods? Of course they want to punish him...now there is yuuki, the innocent girl, she didn´t knew anything of his plans. Yuuki wants to be with Kaname (f.e. in the last chapter we saw that she wanted to walk to him, she missed him, out of which feelings doesn´t matter right know)...but it´s obvious that the other vampires and hunters would make her responsible for Kaname´s crimes if she wouzld be on his side...Kaname tries to prevent that, he tells her lies so that she turns against him, maybe so that the others think that she is fighting against Kaname...Kaname tries to build up a good world for Yuuki, now he wants her to life in that world peacefully, he doesn´t want her to be harmed, and because of that he is willing to sacrifice everything....
    that´s the way I think about it

to Vampire Diaries:
    I read the books first to and I was sceptical too because I really liked the books...well they changed it but in the end I like it that it´s a different story, it´s exciting to watch even for someone who read the books...well to Twilight, I hated it too, Stefan was described much hotter in thebooks, at the beginning I only thought omg he looks like Edward but after 2 1/2 seasons I don´t care about that anymore, I watched the Twilight movies one time, so I don´t compare it so much...
    Thank you for your comment Smile I like to see that there are so many fans out there who loved the books or/and the series Smile

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:56 am