Vampire Knight & Manga Forum

In order to fully enjoy the board and it's function, you can always log in or sign up to an account. Thank you...
Vampire Knight & Manga Forum

Α forum dedicated to Hino's Matsuri best-seller manga Vampire Knight and the manga we love

Gallery


Latest topics

» Links for Other Vampire Knight Forums and Sites that you like and enjoy!!
Sun Aug 21, 2016 7:25 pm by Saphira_Kuran

» VK Memories CH 6!
Thu Aug 18, 2016 6:13 pm by Saphira_Kuran

» New VK Chapter is HERE!
Sun Jun 19, 2016 8:08 pm by Saphira_Kuran

» VK Memories
Wed Jun 01, 2016 5:59 pm by Saphira_Kuran

» The Final Countdown
Wed Jun 01, 2016 2:52 am by Saphira_Kuran

» New VK Chapter SPOILERS!
Mon Apr 18, 2016 5:47 pm by Saphira_Kuran

» New VK Bonus Ch!!
Fri Dec 18, 2015 12:53 am by Saphira_Kuran

» Translation of 'Fleeting Dreams'
Wed Sep 09, 2015 2:20 am by Saphira_Kuran

» Bunko Editions
Wed Sep 09, 2015 2:18 am by Saphira_Kuran

» New Vampire knight Extra
Wed Sep 09, 2015 2:15 am by Saphira_Kuran

» The Musical (Original and Revive)
Sun Aug 23, 2015 2:40 am by Dreamiel

» NEW CHAPTER IN 2015?
Mon Jun 01, 2015 12:16 am by Unknown00

» Newbie in the forum...
Fri May 01, 2015 7:13 pm by aisan4494

» Who do you think Yuki loves more: Kaname or Zero?
Fri May 01, 2015 7:09 pm by aisan4494

» Zeki or Yume?
Fri May 01, 2015 7:04 pm by aisan4494

» So What will happen of Kaname?
Thu Mar 19, 2015 6:25 pm by matei alina

» Does anybody think Yuki wasted time in Chapter 93?
Tue Dec 30, 2014 6:49 am by HomieV

» Symbolism Blog on VK & New Novel!!
Wed Dec 17, 2014 6:39 pm by Kara

» Ever "missed" a Chapter?
Tue Oct 14, 2014 1:35 am by Katherine

» What kind of feeling?
Mon Oct 06, 2014 1:03 am by Saphira_Kuran

We and the Youtube

Poll

would you like to read a sequel of vk?or is hino thinking of writing one?
59% 59% [ 24 ]
27% 27% [ 11 ]
15% 15% [ 6 ]

Total Votes : 41

Friends


Terry Candy


    Vampire Knight 68: Do Kaname's powers lessen, whereas Zero?

    Share

    juliet
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

    Posts : 5010
    Join date : 2010-05-05
    Location : Deep, deep forest
    Humor : Anytime...
    Warning Zone

    Vampire Knight 68: Do Kaname's powers lessen, whereas Zero?

    Post by juliet on Sat Jan 22, 2011 3:28 pm

    I just can not stop myself from asking and possible go in theories all about it;

    In chapter 68 Kaname's hand is actually fried (that's his hand, not a glove he did not wear any) from the anti-vampire weapon he holds.

    But as we saw in the past Kaname is fully capable of wielding anti-vampire weapons...

    We saw him fighting Rido with no side effects, in his ancestor time he held both Artemis and Bloody Rose.

    Plus the fact that kaname could have gone sacrificing himself in the place of the hooded woman adds one more point; he is also a source of anti-vampire power.

    So what happens here? Where are his powers? Why is he effected that much by this gun? Can this be the cause he is acting like this in such a hurry to fullfill his plan?

    On the other hand Zero's finger heals in an instead, the horses startle at this presence. Is he becoming an even stronger vampire than before? What hints do you get?






    I' ll show you a sweet dream next time

    Sakura Yuko
    Human

    Posts : 43
    Join date : 2011-01-20
    Location : Night Class
    Humor : Yuko desu! Yoroshiku onegaishimasu. :D
    Warning Zone

    Re: Vampire Knight 68: Do Kaname's powers lessen, whereas Zero?

    Post by Sakura Yuko on Sat Jan 22, 2011 3:55 pm

    Could it be the progress following draining blood from Kaname and Yuuki, and also Hiou Shizuka, the purebloods?
    Such that Zero became more powerful and Kaname became weaker?

    neosolaris12
    Level-E
    Level-E

    Posts : 76
    Join date : 2010-05-16
    Location : Outer Space
    Humor : *insert laugh here* ....no? Still trying...
    Warning Zone

    Re: Vampire Knight 68: Do Kaname's powers lessen, whereas Zero?

    Post by neosolaris12 on Sat Jan 22, 2011 4:21 pm

    I was thinking about that myself. And it's interesting that both happen around the same time: Kaname becomes weaker and Zero becomes stronger. And like I said before, if Hino-sempai have these scenes parallel to each other, there must be a connection!

    I agree that Zero is becoming stronger because all that pureblood blood inside of him is strengthening him, but how is that affecting Kaname's weakness all of a sudden? Was it killing Hanadiga-sama that caused that effect? I mean, he didn't have his heart when Kaname killed him, and the pureblood vampire's heart seems to have much significance (the source of power for Sara, and the source of the weapons for the hunters). I also noticed something when it came to killing purebloods. I know beheading is a way to kill but I saw that only work for the non-purebloods. Kaname/Sara/Zero or anyone ALWAYS killed the purebloods by targeting them at the heart, have you noticed? (Shizuka Hio, Rido,Ouri-sama, Hanadiga-sama). I wonder if there's something about the weapons that reduced Kaname's anti-weapon ability because there was no heart (he did thrust that thing through Hanadiga's chest). It's like the sword was mad that it didn't absorb the pureblood's power that way and punished Kaname :lol: :lol:

    As for its connection to Zero, I am not sure...

    juliet
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

    Posts : 5010
    Join date : 2010-05-05
    Location : Deep, deep forest
    Humor : Anytime...
    Warning Zone

    Re: Vampire Knight 68: Do Kaname's powers lessen, whereas Zero?

    Post by juliet on Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:39 pm

    Sakura Yuko wrote:Could it be the progress following draining blood from Kaname and Yuuki, and also Hiou Shizuka, the purebloods?
    Such that Zero became more powerful and Kaname became weaker?

    Zero has certainly become more powerful as a vampire hunter. In the previous chapter we were saying about his vampire side that is becoming stronger (shows stronger as the horses have a sudden startling when he goes craving). For me the one does not contradict the other as a vampire he is becoming stronger. (Perpahs more beast even for his own start)...

    neosolaris12 wrote:I was thinking about that myself. And it's interesting that both happen around the same time: Kaname becomes weaker and Zero becomes stronger. And like I said before, if Hino-sempai have these scenes parallel to each other, there must be a connection!

    I agree that Zero is becoming stronger because all that pureblood blood inside of him is strengthening him, but how is that affecting Kaname's weakness all of a sudden? Was it killing Hanadiga-sama that caused that effect? I mean, he didn't have his heart when Kaname killed him, and the pureblood vampire's heart seems to have much significance (the source of power for Sara, and the source of the weapons for the hunters). I also noticed something when it came to killing purebloods. I know beheading is a way to kill but I saw that only work for the non-purebloods. Kaname/Sara/Zero or anyone ALWAYS killed the purebloods by targeting them at the heart, have you noticed? (Shizuka Hio, Rido,Ouri-sama, Hanadiga-sama). I wonder if there's something about the weapons that reduced Kaname's anti-weapon ability because there was no heart (he did thrust that thing through Hanadiga's chest). It's like the sword was mad that it didn't absorb the pureblood's power that way and punished Kaname :lol: :lol:

    As for its connection to Zero, I am not sure...

    Yes I think it's either the heart of the head, example Kaname's hand was cut by the vines but he did not die, if the vines had cut his head or had penetrated his heart then he would have gone sSic_stretcher I suppose. Now that I mention it, perhaps that was the hand it's effected by the anti-vampire power of bloody rose and be weaker?

    I do not know but then he went touching his neck in a weird way in the previous chapter so I am strongly thinking about the tablets. I only wish it's temporary whatever it is, eitherwise with Sara turning more powerful and Kaname weaker... sSc_jawdrop3






    I' ll show you a sweet dream next time

    Akaruisama
    Pureblood Vampire
    Pureblood Vampire

    Posts : 545
    Join date : 2010-09-09
    Location : Poland
    Warning Zone

    Re: Vampire Knight 68: Do Kaname's powers lessen, whereas Zero?

    Post by Akaruisama on Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:55 am

    Maybe it is that curse from which Shizouka has warned him... Maybe this weapon can't be use properly by pureblood's killer? But Rido has used it to kill Haruka...
    I think Kaname is in the state of starvation now. He doesn't drink Yuuki's blood which he desires the most. It can make him weaker.

    :question: It is also possible he was forced to do this things by Sara and he doesn't act on his own? Maybe these tablets are capable of force him to do as Sara wants him to do?

    juliet
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

    Posts : 5010
    Join date : 2010-05-05
    Location : Deep, deep forest
    Humor : Anytime...
    Warning Zone

    Re: Vampire Knight 68: Do Kaname's powers lessen, whereas Zero?

    Post by juliet on Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:33 pm

    All right, I was reading the fanbook (I have not managed to finished though) but anyway...as I was reading about the tablets I read that kaname does not take the same tablets as the rest of the vampires.


    popular tablet BL-XXXV 06Σ

    kaname takes 06Ω

    And then the theory dawn on me; perhaps Sara knows this (through Takuma) and she knows exactly the type of tablets that she can mess to weaken Kaname (and not all vampires-Zero's case here, Zero stays stable)...


    Just a theory but it sounds interesting...







    I' ll show you a sweet dream next time

    neosolaris12
    Level-E
    Level-E

    Posts : 76
    Join date : 2010-05-16
    Location : Outer Space
    Humor : *insert laugh here* ....no? Still trying...
    Warning Zone

    Re: Vampire Knight 68: Do Kaname's powers lessen, whereas Zero?

    Post by neosolaris12 on Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:42 pm

    juliet wrote:All right, I was reading the fanbook (I have not managed to finished though) but anyway...as I was reading about the tablets I read that kaname does not take the same tablets as the rest of the vampires.


    popular tablet BL-XXXV 06Σ

    kaname takes 06Ω

    And then the theory dawn on me; perhaps Sara knows this (through Takuma) and she knows exactly the type of tablets that she can mess to weaken Kaname (and not all vampires-Zero's case here, Zero stays stable)...


    Just a theory but it sounds interesting...


    Lol that DOES sound interesting. I wonder what the difference is in Kaname's tablet than the normal ones? But do the tablets play a huge role here? It's odd because the tablets were not that big of a deal for a very long time and now they are. Hmmmmmmmm it will be cool to see how Very Happy Perhaps it has something to do with the hearts again (sorry, I keep sticking to the heart theory haha)

    juliet
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

    Posts : 5010
    Join date : 2010-05-05
    Location : Deep, deep forest
    Humor : Anytime...
    Warning Zone

    Re: Vampire Knight 68: Do Kaname's powers lessen, whereas Zero?

    Post by juliet on Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:01 pm

    It's quite interesting indeed Very Happy and you are right tablets had not so much importancy but now they have

    1. Sara turns into a vampire and takes as a captive the president of the company that produces the tablets...so there is an obvious meddling here from her part with the tablets.

    http://manga.animea.net/vampire-knight-chapter-65-page-8.html
    http://manga.animea.net/vampire-knight-chapter-65-page-38.html

    2. Tablets were made by the nightclass- special Aidou (if I remember correct-so Takuma being so close holds knowledge both about their making and their use). He certainly knows what kind of tablets Kaname had...

    Chapter 66 (after Sara has taken in the pharmacy's president), Kaname's throat seems to suffer...

    http://manga.animea.net/vampire-knight-chapter-66-page-10.html

    It could be nothing but after all there seems to provide an explanation if Kaname was effected by the tablets and his powers lessen why he can be the only one in contrast to Zero who we have seen swallowing whole bottles and not be affected. I wonder what kind of tablets Zero takes..






    I' ll show you a sweet dream next time

    juliet
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

    Posts : 5010
    Join date : 2010-05-05
    Location : Deep, deep forest
    Humor : Anytime...
    Warning Zone

    Re: Vampire Knight 68: Do Kaname's powers lessen, whereas Zero?

    Post by juliet on Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:12 pm

    Ι checked about Zero's tablets (mu haha I am running desperate) but there is no way I can make out the final letters that are incribed there so techinquelly no clue.. (if you have something in mind though) and to go on with my theory.

    IF (always IF) Sara targerts that way Kaname to lessen his powers (and we saw that Kaname's anti-vampire power are decreasing by his hand that almost became a fried chicken) then we have a Kaname who will not be able to protect Yuuki (in a final countdown-while Sara becomes even stronger) from Sara. So that could be the case because Sara definetely needs the anti-vampire power to become queen so it's either Kaname or Yuuki.

    If this is the case I see a role for Zero here, acting like Yuuki's shield again since Kaname will not be able to protect her.

    I know this is quite too much of a theory but how does it sounds? You don't have to take it seriously. Very Happy






    I' ll show you a sweet dream next time

    Akaruisama
    Pureblood Vampire
    Pureblood Vampire

    Posts : 545
    Join date : 2010-09-09
    Location : Poland
    Warning Zone

    Re: Vampire Knight 68: Do Kaname's powers lessen, whereas Zero?

    Post by Akaruisama on Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:38 pm

    juliet wrote:Ι checked about Zero's tablets (mu haha I am running desperate) but there is no way I can make out the final letters that are incribed there so techinquelly no clue.. (if you have something in mind though) and to go on with my theory.

    IF (always IF) Sara targerts that way Kaname to lessen his powers (and we saw that Kaname's anti-vampire power are decreasing by his hand that almost became a fried chicken) then we have a Kaname who will not be able to protect Yuuki (in a final countdown-while Sara becomes even stronger) from Sara. So that could be the case because Sara definetely needs the anti-vampire power to become queen so it's either Kaname or Yuuki.

    If this is the case I see a role for Zero here, acting like Yuuki's shield again since Kaname will not be able to protect her.

    I know this is quite too much of a theory but how does it sounds? You don't have to take it seriously. Very Happy

    It sounds resonably :roll: It is also explanation why Kaname has left Yuuki in this situation. He knew she would be safer beside Caien and Zero and they didn't hurt her. He said hinself that the most safe place is beside me. He didn't let arrest her by Caien so easily if he wouldn't know she is in danger when she is next to him. It had to break his heart again :too much cry:

    juliet
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

    Posts : 5010
    Join date : 2010-05-05
    Location : Deep, deep forest
    Humor : Anytime...
    Warning Zone

    Re: Vampire Knight 68: Do Kaname's powers lessen, whereas Zero?

    Post by juliet on Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:28 am

    I can make it out in the scans but from the volumes, it strongly appears to be Σ (Zero's tablets)...could be an explanation..

    @Aka, agree if this could be the case then it would he sadden again for Kaname to have and go all through of it again.






    I' ll show you a sweet dream next time

    mariangie
    Pureblood Vampire
    Pureblood Vampire

    Posts : 597
    Join date : 2011-01-28
    Location : In my lab
    Humor : Mad Doctor
    Warning Zone

    Re: Vampire Knight 68: Do Kaname's powers lessen, whereas Zero?

    Post by mariangie on Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:02 am

    juliet wrote:All right, I was reading the fanbook (I have not managed to finished though) but anyway...as I was reading about the tablets I read that kaname does not take the same tablets as the rest of the vampires.


    popular tablet BL-XXXV 06Σ

    kaname takes 06Ω

    And then the theory dawn on me; perhaps Sara knows this (through Takuma) and she knows exactly the type of tablets that she can mess to weaken Kaname (and not all vampires-Zero's case here, Zero stays stable)...


    Just a theory but it sounds interesting...

    Hi Juliet ! :[url=http://ww

    I'm new at this forum , but at least I think you had read my posts before in other places .

    Since chapter 66th , I think Kaname is somehow losing his regenerative powers . The scene at chapter 66 appears Kaname had vomited blood after drinking some blood tablets . Yuuki saw a blood stain a short time latter and wanted to ask him . But he divert her attention to other topic ( the one about her feelings to him ) . On chapter 67 and 68 , Kaname was using and carrying the anti - vampire sword Rido used to kill Haruka before .During chapter 67 , his hand shown bloody wounds . In chapter 68th , Kaname's left hand was burned to a crisp .

    Usually when Kaname uses an anti - vampire weapon , the weapon reacts to him . It makes a cracking sound . But there is no evidence of the weapon actually leaving damage to him for long . Probably in normal conditions , his regenerative powers are enough for healing whatever damage the weapon could do to him in an instant .

    But now , Kaname is not healing as he is suppose to be . Even worse , he appeared to vomit blood without any prior damage done to him . For now , my idea is Sara had tampered with the blood tablets he drank in the last few chapters . As you had said , Kaneme's blood tablets are of a different kind that other vampire use . Sara only had to adulterate the ones Kaname uses with some kind of anti - regenerating factor to mess him . Most probably Takuma had told Sara which kind of blood tablets Kaname uses .

    The scene of Zero having a papercut and healing instantly could be made by the mangaka as a remainder for us to remember vampires heal more quickly than humans . To remember a powerful vampire could heal almost instantaneously from a minor wound.

    Maybe Kaname losing his regenerative powers is one of the reasons he decided to leave Yuuki . Because he can't defend her .

    juliet
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

    Posts : 5010
    Join date : 2010-05-05
    Location : Deep, deep forest
    Humor : Anytime...
    Warning Zone

    Re: Vampire Knight 68: Do Kaname's powers lessen, whereas Zero?

    Post by juliet on Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:15 am

    mariangie wrote:
    juliet wrote:All right, I was reading the fanbook (I have not managed to finished though) but anyway...as I was reading about the tablets I read that kaname does not take the same tablets as the rest of the vampires.


    popular tablet BL-XXXV 06Σ

    kaname takes 06Ω

    And then the theory dawn on me; perhaps Sara knows this (through Takuma) and she knows exactly the type of tablets that she can mess to weaken Kaname (and not all vampires-Zero's case here, Zero stays stable)...


    Just a theory but it sounds interesting...

    The scene at chapter 66 appears Kaname had vomited blood after drinking some blood tablets . Yuuki saw a blood stain a short time latter and wanted to ask him .
    Maybe Kaname losing his regenerative powers is one of the reasons he decided to leave Yuuki . Because he can't defend her .

    Yes Mariangie, welcome, of course I've known your post and your opinions, happy to see you here as well.

    Aaaaaaah you just made me a revelation..the blood stains at the carpet where Yuuki goes "blood"? I thought they where the remains of feeding Yuuki back then that Kaname mentions.. :sFun_duh2: :sFun_duh2: But you are right! Yuuki herself wonders about it and nobody even notices it back then. Oh I will go check the page...






    I' ll show you a sweet dream next time

    juliet
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

    Posts : 5010
    Join date : 2010-05-05
    Location : Deep, deep forest
    Humor : Anytime...
    Warning Zone

    Re: Vampire Knight 68: Do Kaname's powers lessen, whereas Zero?

    Post by juliet on Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:29 am

    here is the weird blood stain that attracks Yuuki's attention:

    http://manga.animea.net/vampire-knight-chapter-66-page-21.html


    Kaname was not effected neither injured by the anti-vampire sword during his fight with Rido when he was still a child.


    In his past we see him wielding both Artemis and Bloody Rose. Yes the weapons react with that noise/shaking thing but do not harm him.

    [/img][url][/url]

    And I also think that you right about Zero, the paper cut is a striking contrast as how Zero's health is blooming (using his vampire healing abilties with his Kuran blood (LOL) but Kaname is suffering a heavy injury by wielding the anti-vampire that never harmed him in the past.

    The stains in the carpet is also an indication that Sara has already mixed his tablets (the special kind he is taking ) and Kaname is also aware of it.

    In this case he needs to act quickly and he needs to leave Yuuki in safety. The execution of Aidou's dad comes when Aidou's dad tells him "that the weapon harms Kaname". I am now wondering if Kaname discussed with Aidou's dad exactly that; the point that he is losing powers and therefore Aidou's dad complied in helping him with his plan (which right now leaves me clueless) but another theory to think of...







    I' ll show you a sweet dream next time

    nina
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

    Posts : 2811
    Join date : 2010-05-17
    Location : My world lalala Kanameland <3
    Humor : Black sarcasm
    Warning Zone

    Re: Vampire Knight 68: Do Kaname's powers lessen, whereas Zero?

    Post by nina on Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:00 pm

    Zero sure grows stronger and it's not only the paper cut scene that prove's it. Here another scene where Zero cracks the window when he's thinking/talking about Kaname and Cross seems to take a close look at it.
    Spoiler:



    About the blood tablets which Zero is using.
    Spoiler:



    So it seems that Zero is using the popular type, but also Kaname as we can see in the below panel. Maybe at that time Kaname was using the same or maybe Hino was trying to point out (at that time) that Zero is a vampire after all and he needs the same blood tablets lol.

    Anyway the point is that now, as Juliet informed us, Kaname uses another type of tablets and it is very likely that Sara abstracted that info from Takuma or maybe even from the former senate cuz she was very close to them. Takumas family is related (or owned) the pharmacy company. Also Sara isn't so naive to confront Kaname as equal to him cuz she isn't.





    So in order to take down Kaname probably changed the tablets and it seems that her plan is working. And yes Kaname vomited blood, his hand is in a very bad condition and he seems like he is running out of time ... pale

    Your theory Juliet seems, so far at least, very possible.





    "... I want to fall down with you to the very farthest depths ... taint me too Kaname"



    Spoiler:

    *wants to sneak under these bed sheets*

    juliet
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

    Posts : 5010
    Join date : 2010-05-05
    Location : Deep, deep forest
    Humor : Anytime...
    Warning Zone

    Re: Vampire Knight 68: Do Kaname's powers lessen, whereas Zero?

    Post by juliet on Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:31 pm

    :sCh_elmodance: Ouaou Nina magnificent job!!! (applauds)...

    Even though Kaname's tablet seems more like a δ to me than an ε. But the fanbook mentions that as Ω αnd Σ. Perhaps there is a distance between the chapters and the fanbook(the page that you gave us is from vol. 1) so I can guess that the more the story progress the more philosophized Hino may have became with it. (if you have other ideas add to that)...
    And also thanks for the extra page giving us Zero cracking that window. He has become rather powerful.
    I tend to think that the horses did not startle to him because he falls but because his vampire side awakens more hungry. (you understand the difference right? like his vampire side is coming more and more into light, much stronger).






    I' ll show you a sweet dream next time

    nina
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

    Posts : 2811
    Join date : 2010-05-17
    Location : My world lalala Kanameland <3
    Humor : Black sarcasm
    Warning Zone

    Re: Vampire Knight 68: Do Kaname's powers lessen, whereas Zero?

    Post by nina on Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:25 pm

    juliet wrote: :sCh_elmodance: Ouaou Nina magnificent job!!! (applauds)...

    Even though Kaname's tablet seems more like a δ to me than an ε. But the fanbook mentions that as Ω αnd Σ. Perhaps there is a distance between the chapters and the fanbook(the page that you gave us is from vol. 1) so I can guess that the more the story progress the more philosophized Hino may have became with it. (if you have other ideas add to that)...
    And also thanks for the extra page giving us Zero cracking that window. He has become rather powerful.
    I tend to think that the horses did not startle to him because he falls but because his vampire side awakens more hungry. (you understand the difference right? like his vampire side is coming more and more into light, much stronger).

    About the tablets ... yes the pic was from volume 1 so maybe Hino wanted to emphasise (for the readers) that Zero is a vampire so he needs the same tablets as Kaname who is a vampire or as you mentioned she didn't have all the details in her mind from the very beginning.

    The point is that they probably are taken different tablets (fan-book is a reliable source lol) and I thought that maybe Kaname is using an experimental type of blood tablets ( he did that in the past) and that's why he is the only one who use 06Ω and seems to be the only one affected now, cuz Sara is aiming to reduce his powers.

    The fact is that Kaname loses his powers whereas Zero's vampire side is now stronger than ever (cracking windows, paper cut, startle horses).
    And let me add something else ... we also saw in previous chapters Kaname cracking windows when he was driving nuts. So Zero's same reaction/ability maybe connected with Kaname's blood also ( another hint of how strong is Zero now?).

    Anyway our big problem is Kaname pale ...
    And I wonder why Kaname using tablets and he didn't take enough blood from Yuuki? Is there any probability that he want Yuuki to be as strong as possible so he restrained himself ? (or Yuuki is preggy and he knows it? hahaha! just a joke from the previews).

    A! and another thing that came in my mind ... why Kaname didn't kill Aidou dono by the same way he wiped off the senate and he forced himself to use the anti-vampire sword, which obviously hurt him? Is this another indication of losing powers?






    "... I want to fall down with you to the very farthest depths ... taint me too Kaname"



    Spoiler:

    *wants to sneak under these bed sheets*

    juliet
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

    Posts : 5010
    Join date : 2010-05-05
    Location : Deep, deep forest
    Humor : Anytime...
    Warning Zone

    Re: Vampire Knight 68: Do Kaname's powers lessen, whereas Zero?

    Post by juliet on Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:22 pm

    nina wrote:
    Anyway our big problem is Kaname pale ...
    And I wonder why Kaname using tablets and he didn't take enough blood from Yuuki? Is there any probability that he want Yuuki to be as strong as possible so he restrained himself ? (or Yuuki is preggy and he knows it? hahaha! just a joke from the previews).

    A! and another thing that came in my mind ... why Kaname didn't kill Aidou dono by the same way he wiped off the senate and he forced himself to use the anti-vampire sword, which obviously hurt him? Is this another indication of losing powers?


    Kaname took enough blood from Yuuki back in the chapter 61 I think where he drained but as we see it's for obvious reasons-later she will be the one draining him to delve into his memories and also I believe that he did that for emotionally reasons-perhaps he knew that the end is near (while Yuuki was sleeping he held her saying: I know the path that you will choose-is enough all you have done!! for me)...I state his words from memory so excuse the paraphrasing, but it is close.

    I believe that he may not want to take anymore blood from her-considering the fact that he had done that recently and he probably did not want to exhaust her again after that as he also would have to give blood to her; and he needs his powers, he is about to set out to fulffill his plan, starting with the murder of a pureblood. So I think that the tablets are the safe solution here.
    (LOL that sounds like...anyway haha..nevermind)...

    And about Aid0-dono,I do not know but I noticed that Kaname had a problem leaving that sword out of his hand (Aidou's dad refers to that fact-Kaname denies even letting go of the weapon). You are right that since the weapon could hurt him he should let it go, after all he did not need it. But there seems to be an obsession with it. (even Ruka says that to him). About powers and the weapon -Takuma also prefers his Katana in killing. His powers are used by the weapon. So it can also be a matter of preference (even though in Kaname's case that preference fried his hand)...






    I' ll show you a sweet dream next time

    faih
    Human

    Posts : 20
    Join date : 2010-11-22
    Warning Zone

    Re: Vampire Knight 68: Do Kaname's powers lessen, whereas Zero?

    Post by faih on Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:32 pm

    I have a question ( a bit irrelevant with the last posts but anyway..)
    Since Zero is a vampire hunter, he hunts and kills vampires right? so he drinks their blood as well, so even if his tablets were spoiled by sara, that wouldn't affect him, right? (since his hunger is a little satisfied every time he hunts) So we can't know for sure if sara is targeting only kaname yet..
    i agree with your theories in the previews posts however, they do make sense.


    libra
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

    Posts : 1122
    Join date : 2010-09-12
    Location : GR Night Dorm
    Humor : Black
    Warning Zone

    Re: Vampire Knight 68: Do Kaname's powers lessen, whereas Zero?

    Post by libra on Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:34 pm

    Is Zero allowed to drink his victims blood?
    I would guess that he is not allowed to.

    juliet
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

    Posts : 5010
    Join date : 2010-05-05
    Location : Deep, deep forest
    Humor : Anytime...
    Warning Zone

    Re: Vampire Knight 68: Do Kaname's powers lessen, whereas Zero?

    Post by juliet on Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:45 pm

    Why who would see him? LOL

    I don't think that he even has the time, he hits them with Bloody Rose so I am under the impression that they turn to dust instantly..(later I will see the scans again to confirm that).

    Faih, if Zero takes the popular tables which is more likely then not only him will be effected but most of the vampires. So if Sara's plan is to mess up with all the vampire world, she can do so...

    Kaname on the other had takes special tablets, messing with his tablets alone would live uneffected the rest vampires and Sara would not become a target for that reason. Also by weakening Kaname she is also targeting Yuuki as well.

    I think that she stated that she "needs the hunter's hand" back in the chapter with Hanadagi's murder, also it was strange the way she had proposed to adopt Zero, even though she said that mostly monking him, that would so well fit her plan. I think she wants him strong. She needs a strong vampire hunter to fullfill her plans in her mind-i think.






    I' ll show you a sweet dream next time

    nina
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

    Posts : 2811
    Join date : 2010-05-17
    Location : My world lalala Kanameland <3
    Humor : Black sarcasm
    Warning Zone

    Re: Vampire Knight 68: Do Kaname's powers lessen, whereas Zero?

    Post by nina on Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:34 am

    Juliet I'll post the links about the anti-vampire sword, and here. I also added another scene. (I hope it's the right thread lol)

    OK about Kaname’s anti-vampire sword:

    I think this particular sword it might has a special meaning cuz we saw the same sword in several scenes. Take a look to the below links:

    1. Rido brought the sword to the fight with Haruka and afterwards Kaname held the sword without any difficulty.
    http://www.mangahere.com/manga/vampire_knight/v08/c038/17.html

    http://www.mangahere.com/manga/vampire_knight/v08/c038/19.html

    2. Kaname killed Aidou dono with the same anti-vampire sword, but this time the sword causes him a great harm.
    http://www.mangahere.com/manga/vampire_knight/v13/c067/29.html

    http://www.mangahere.com/manga/vampire_knight/v13/c067/30.html

    http://www.mangahere.com/manga/vampire_knight/v13/c068

    http://www.mangahere.com/manga/vampire_knight/v13/c068/2.html

    3. And I think the same sword arrears to the scene where Rido sacrifice the baby Kaname to awake the ancestor Kaname although I’m not so sure for this scene cuz we see it from afar.
    http://www.mangahere.com/manga/vampire_knight/v13/c062/5.html

    Apparently this sword belonged to Rido … so do you think the sword could related with the fact that Kaname’s powers seems to lessen together with the blood tablets which we assume that Sara modified/spoiled?

    And something else about the tablets … it seems that the pharmacy company belonged to Ichiu family and that they were trying to develop new tablets. (Takuma said that the company revived by his grandfather).

    http://www.mangahere.com/manga/vampire_knight/v13/c065/9.html

    So maybe the connection with the pharmacy company is one of the reasons that Sara imprisoned Takuma along of course with the fact that Takuma was very close to Kaname and probably knows a lot about him ... for example that he was the ancestor, or maybe which type of blood tablets he is using ...lol.






    "... I want to fall down with you to the very farthest depths ... taint me too Kaname"



    Spoiler:

    *wants to sneak under these bed sheets*

    juliet
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

    Posts : 5010
    Join date : 2010-05-05
    Location : Deep, deep forest
    Humor : Anytime...
    Warning Zone

    Re: Vampire Knight 68: Do Kaname's powers lessen, whereas Zero?

    Post by juliet on Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:14 am

    Thank so much Nina for posting this thread here, it's a very interesting thread. In the links it shows that the weapon that killed hanadagi is one and the same of matters of appearance with the weapon Kaname took from Rido when Rido came to kill his parents and to took Yuuki.

    This is a strange weapon indeed..I guess the third picture, it might be also the weapon Rido used to kill little Kaname. Kaname seems to observe the weapon. Also Rido then goes under the council's surveillance, it's possible that they Kurans handed the weapon and Rido got it back.

    About the phaurmaceutical company the president says that was is doing a research on the tablets and that Sara intended to use the results of the reseach.

    I think what if the research had to do with the quality of the blood that tablets offer=better quality= better powers.

    Purebloods own their powers and immortality to the quality of their blood, what if the tablets are alterated and the result is seeing a Kaname who loses powers?

    Under that view you are right about Takuma being useful to Sara because he knows that Kaname is taking special tablets. He knows the president of the phaurmaceutical company and can offer access. He knows that Kaname is the ancestor and this is a useful information for Sara to evaluate the extent of kaname's powers and how far will she need to go to beat him.

    Still a theory nothing to confirm here but the script adds up right until now, doesn't it?






    I' ll show you a sweet dream next time

    mariangie
    Pureblood Vampire
    Pureblood Vampire

    Posts : 597
    Join date : 2011-01-28
    Location : In my lab
    Humor : Mad Doctor
    Warning Zone

    Re: Vampire Knight 68: Do Kaname's powers lessen, whereas Zero?

    Post by mariangie on Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:02 am

    nina wrote:
    juliet wrote: :sCh_elmodance: Ouaou Nina magnificent job!!! (applauds)...

    Even though Kaname's tablet seems more like a δ to me than an ε. But the fanbook mentions that as Ω αnd Σ. Perhaps there is a distance between the chapters and the fanbook(the page that you gave us is from vol. 1) so I can guess that the more the story progress the more philosophized Hino may have became with it. (if you have other ideas add to that)...
    And also thanks for the extra page giving us Zero cracking that window. He has become rather powerful.
    I tend to think that the horses did not startle to him because he falls but because his vampire side awakens more hungry. (you understand the difference right? like his vampire side is coming more and more into light, much stronger).

    About the tablets ... yes the pic was from volume 1 so maybe Hino wanted to emphasise (for the readers) that Zero is a vampire so he needs the same tablets as Kaname who is a vampire or as you mentioned she didn't have all the details in her mind from the very beginning.

    The point is that they probably are taken different tablets (fan-book is a reliable source lol) and I thought that maybe Kaname is using an experimental type of blood tablets ( he did that in the past) and that's why he is the only one who use 06Ω and seems to be the only one affected now, cuz Sara is aiming to reduce his powers.

    The fact is that Kaname loses his powers whereas Zero's vampire side is now stronger than ever (cracking windows, paper cut, startle horses).
    And let me add something else ... we also saw in previous chapters Kaname cracking windows when he was driving nuts. So Zero's same reaction/ability maybe connected with Kaname's blood also ( another hint of how strong is Zero now?).

    Anyway our big problem is Kaname pale ...
    And I wonder why Kaname using tablets and he didn't take enough blood from Yuuki? Is there any probability that he want Yuuki to be as strong as possible so he restrained himself ? (or Yuuki is preggy and he knows it? hahaha! just a joke from the previews).

    A! and another thing that came in my mind ... why Kaname didn't kill Aidou dono by the same way he wiped off the senate and he forced himself to use the anti-vampire sword, which obviously hurt him? Is this another indication of losing powers?


    About blood tablets :

    If you remember , Kaname was shown taking a lot of blood tablets just after the death of his " parents . " ( chapter 48 ) Before taking a human sacrifice that was prepared for him .( Most probably Seiren . A Level D created and stabilized by Kaname and now his servant . As he usually do not want to drink from humans . )

    The Night Class commented they invented the blood tablets near the start of the story .

    This insinuates there at least two types of blood tablets : ones taken ( and maybe invented ) by Kaname . Ones invented by the Night Class ( the popular ones ).

    It is posible at the start of the story , the mangaka didn't expect to make the blood tablets theme important . But after needing to prolong the plot , she make changes to making two different types .

    If Sara wanted to affect just Kaname , she only had to alter the content of the type Kaname uses . So the rest of vampires wouldn't be affected .

    I think Kaname had not drank blood from Yuuki to avoid draining her again before she gets in shape . Remember , Kaname had drank a lot of Yuuki's blood before allowing her to drank from him . And she almost drained all his blood during the past memories of him . Maybe he thought to give her a break to replenish her blood again until drinking from her .

    Zero's power are increased due to having drank from 2 purebloods and devoured his brother . Now he is more vampire than before . His powers are almost pureblood level now . But continues to be a Level D vampire .

    Why Kaname killed Lord Aido with Rido's anti - vampire weapon . Could be because he had it at hand when he did it . Or maybe as you said , is related to him being now less powerful due to being afected by the adultered blood tablets .



    faih wrote:I have a question ( a bit irrelevant with the last posts but anyway..)
    Since Zero is a vampire hunter, he hunts and kills vampires right? so he drinks their blood as well, so even if his tablets were spoiled by sara, that wouldn't affect him, right? (since his hunger is a little satisfied every time he hunts) So we can't know for sure if sara is targeting only kaname yet..
    i agree with your theories in the previews posts however, they do make sense.


    As Juliet said before , when Zero attacks vampires with Bloody Rose they turned to dust . Because it is an anti - vampire weapon . For regular vampires even minimal contact with an anti - vampire weapon could be fatal . Zero most probably uses the popular blood tablet brand . The ones not dampered by Sara apparently . The question is : Why zero could tolerate blood tablets when he can't before ?

    Sara has a personal interest to get Kaname out of her way . She knows he is the original Vampire King . Her desire is to became Vampire Queen . If he wanted to reclaim the throne again , there are only a few vampires who could try to be against . Even those are unable to do this without the help of vampire hunters . Because only a few of the Kuran royal family could use anti - vampire weapons . So the opposition would be almost non - existent . Sara knows if she tried to fight , she would lost . So she could developed the idea of adultering Kaname's blood tablets as an easy way to win .

    nina
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

    Posts : 2811
    Join date : 2010-05-17
    Location : My world lalala Kanameland <3
    Humor : Black sarcasm
    Warning Zone

    Re: Vampire Knight 68: Do Kaname's powers lessen, whereas Zero?

    Post by nina on Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:03 pm

    mariangie wrote: If you remember , Kaname was shown taking a lot of blood tablets just after the death of his " parents . " ( chapter 48 ) Before taking a human sacrifice that was prepared for him .( Most probably Seiren . A Level D created and stabilized by Kaname and now his servant . As he usually do not want to drink from humans . )

    Oh! I've never thought of that before and I always wondering about Seiren ... thanks for the tip ;)








    "... I want to fall down with you to the very farthest depths ... taint me too Kaname"



    Spoiler:

    *wants to sneak under these bed sheets*

    Sponsored content

    Re: Vampire Knight 68: Do Kaname's powers lessen, whereas Zero?

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:14 am