Vampire Knight & Manga Forum

In order to fully enjoy the board and it's function, you can always log in or sign up to an account. Thank you...

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

In order to fully enjoy the board and it's function, you can always log in or sign up to an account. Thank you...

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Α forum dedicated to Hino's Matsuri best-seller manga Vampire Knight and the manga we love

Gallery

VK 93 Full Raws and Translation - Page 2 Empty

Latest topics

» Do you trust Hino?
VK 93 Full Raws and Translation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2022 12:37 am by juliet

» Our Kaname is here!! Vampire Knight memories chapter 38
VK 93 Full Raws and Translation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2022 12:35 am by juliet

» Vampire knight Memories 38
VK 93 Full Raws and Translation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2022 4:18 am by juliet

» Where to Find Vampire Knight Memories Translation
VK 93 Full Raws and Translation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2022 1:29 am by juliet

» The Final Countdown
VK 93 Full Raws and Translation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2022 11:43 pm by juliet

» New VK Chapter is HERE!
VK 93 Full Raws and Translation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 11, 2017 7:42 am by lililovelilica

» Links for Other Vampire Knight Forums and Sites that you like and enjoy!!
VK 93 Full Raws and Translation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2016 7:25 pm by Saphira_K

» VK Memories CH 6!
VK 93 Full Raws and Translation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2016 6:13 pm by Saphira_K

» VK Memories
VK 93 Full Raws and Translation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2016 5:59 pm by Saphira_K

» New VK Chapter SPOILERS!
VK 93 Full Raws and Translation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2016 5:47 pm by Saphira_K

» New VK Bonus Ch!!
VK 93 Full Raws and Translation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2015 12:53 am by Saphira_K

» Translation of 'Fleeting Dreams'
VK 93 Full Raws and Translation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2015 2:20 am by Saphira_K

» Bunko Editions
VK 93 Full Raws and Translation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2015 2:18 am by Saphira_K

» New Vampire knight Extra
VK 93 Full Raws and Translation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2015 2:15 am by Saphira_K

» The Musical (Original and Revive)
VK 93 Full Raws and Translation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2015 2:40 am by Dreamiel

» NEW CHAPTER IN 2015?
VK 93 Full Raws and Translation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2015 12:16 am by Unknown00

» Newbie in the forum...
VK 93 Full Raws and Translation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2015 7:13 pm by aisan4494

» Who do you think Yuki loves more: Kaname or Zero?
VK 93 Full Raws and Translation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2015 7:09 pm by aisan4494

» Zeki or Yume?
VK 93 Full Raws and Translation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2015 7:04 pm by aisan4494

» So What will happen of Kaname?
VK 93 Full Raws and Translation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2015 6:25 pm by matei alina

We and the Youtube

Poll

would you like to read a sequel of vk?or is hino thinking of writing one?
VK 93 Full Raws and Translation - Page 2 Bar_left59%VK 93 Full Raws and Translation - Page 2 Bar_right 59% [ 24 ]
VK 93 Full Raws and Translation - Page 2 Bar_left27%VK 93 Full Raws and Translation - Page 2 Bar_right 27% [ 11 ]
VK 93 Full Raws and Translation - Page 2 Bar_left15%VK 93 Full Raws and Translation - Page 2 Bar_right 15% [ 6 ]

Total Votes : 41

Friends

Terry Candy

+24
Fine of Fate
Majestical
chacile
arinicole1027
Katt
Aquasixio
KuranPrince
Conrad Weller
kanachanimmortal
norngpinky
yuuki kiryuu
ButterflyWingsx
mariangie
aya-chan
libra
Duskola
Myyomi
darkwolf123
Saphira_K
lililovelilica
2rsa
witlessfool
juliet
nina
28 posters

VK 93 Full Raws and Translation

nina
    nina
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Humor : Black sarcasm
    Warning ZoneVK 93 Full Raws and Translation - Page 2 Dropsoa

VK 93 Full Raws and Translation - Page 2 Empty VK 93 Full Raws and Translation

Post by nina Thu May 23, 2013 5:17 pm

nina
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

VK 93 Full Raws and Translation - Page 2 Empty Re: VK 93 Full Raws and Translation

Post by nina Thu May 23, 2013 11:57 pm

@Duskola

All I have to say for your post is RESPECT and >>>
    VK 93 Full Raws and Translation - Page 2 2ugeahd

P.S.: I've read the translation just now (I hadn't seen the link before >_>)
    It makes even clearer that Kaname is the only character of the story. All decisions are made by him, even the Zeki one, and all the solutions about the "cure" (and some mysterious technology we will never know) are done by him. So, the other characters are nothing but shadows compared to him.

I have nothing left to say.

There you go… hence I can confidently and objectively Razz agree that VK ultimately is all about him! HE IS THE ONE AND ONLY HERO thus and the ONLY ONE that left ALIVE in the END … the story closed with HIM… even the heroine (who supposed to be the #1 since it is a shoujo) gave her life to bring him back to life!!!! That says it all!

AND I'm very happy to have found here some good people with whom I could talk deeply - you know who you are. Thank you! Please, just know that I have a great esteem of you and of your way of thinking, and I hope we will be able to talk again soon about FAR better manga °^_^° *hugs*

Same here dear … *hugs back*
    lililovelilica
    lililovelilica
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Humor : Waiting for Kaname

VK 93 Full Raws and Translation - Page 2 Empty Re: VK 93 Full Raws and Translation

Post by lililovelilica Fri May 24, 2013 1:20 am

@Duskola
    Couldn't Agree more with you,and i have to add,i never though i would live to see the day Hino make us a manga full of holes like that!

big hug to you guys,i'm suffering the same pain here
    VK 93 Full Raws and Translation - Page 2 Tumblr_mfzbdo2aQT1qkhurho1_500

I mean:What does the mirror that appears when Kaname is in the tomb?And why the same mirror appears when Yuuki stepped on it?Where the Hell did the ancestors of KANAME GO?Who's the Pureblood mother that carried Kaname's children,it wasn't the HW cause she died...Why show us a crappy Kaname that wants Yuuki and Zero to be together so that she can stay alive and in the end she sacrifice herself as if it's nothing,acting just like her mother for nothing?
    And why Kaname doesn't die even if his heart was trown into the furnace?Where's the rest of the battle between the hunters and purebloods?Why hino doesn't show us some of the acting bloodshed from the battle?Why a 3some?Both Kaname's and Zero's children?Why did Hino made Yuuki a slut who sleep with both men?Where's the rose that Kaname gave to Yuuki and about the promisse to take her to the garden of roses that only bloom every 10 years?Why the volcano didn't destroy the kuran mansion or anything?Who was the big boss enemy that Kaname was talking about?Why artemis was destroyed like that if it's using Yuuki's power?Why make KANAME A HUMAN?ONLY TO MAKE HIM SUFFER ALL OVER AGAIN?WITHOUT HIS LOVE BY HIS SIDE?
    And i have to say:This have nothing like Titanic...cause Titanic was a masterpice,this is nothing like the beauty and the beast story that i though it would be...
    Hino murdered every hope i've had of a good happy YuMe Ending!

But i'm also crying a river even now guys!
    But it was a incredible experience for me to talk and discuss this manga with you guys,i'm mad even now,but i'm happy that the man i'm so in love to is alive!

We have been taking too much expectations of Hino i think,she just finished it the way she liked,i've been thinking if she was not forced by the guys who make the magazines to finish the manga earlier,but now it's too late to arque about that...

Well,all i have to say is:I love Kaname and i will always will,with all my heart

I have to give you guys a big hug and a kiss on the cheek for everyone!
    I'm going to do the scanlation for this chapter and after that i'm going to finish my album guys,i'm still a fan of Hino's but i can't aprove this action of Yuuki:i was WOW
    OK she slept with Kaname and had a kid
    after that she slept with Zero and had a kid
    my thoughts:she's a slut,even if this was what Kaname wished for,to the 2 of them be together,this isn't quite a Zeki end for me,He was only the leftover for Yuuki

It was like:ok my first option who was Kaname is now sleeping so i'll choose my second one?This is to ultrage Zero's image and Yuuki's image of a simply dumb character...

This ending had no foundation at all

Where was the good plot that i was having expectation?
    I can only blame all this faulty story and bullshit plot on Hino!

Another points of view:Ok Aidou found a cure for the vampires to become human again from Kaname's ancient notes,so what?no more vampires in the world of VK?

Isaya was not found anymore?and did not make his word of turning Yuuki human?He did nothing,as a useless character in the manga?Hino made him for nothing?just for decoration?

In a tragic Romance novel i understand the term "sacrife"
    But Hino is stupid enough to make the Heroine turn the man she loves so much into a Human,Who wakes up to discover his daughter saying that he had a wife who sacrificed her life for him to live as a human for a short period of time?like he can live as long as his sons?As if he did not choose to become a pureblood again with the help of others only to gather his memories again of 10.000 years of sadness and remember about his love,that his love died for his sake,and Kaname would wish to die again,even if the light that made his life brighter is not around anymore because of him...

Hino,you're trully a BAKA!

The ending is confusing cause it have so many holes than a cheese...no explanations from the other parties too...I wanted to know if Aidou is still alive,or if he married?If Shiki and Rima and Ruka and Akatsuki got to be husband and wife

If Kaien did protect everyone and stayed alive for a long time too...

What happened with this manga story(plot) guys?
    VK 93 Full Raws and Translation - Page 2 Tumblr_mae9l0mfcY1rnjgkko1_500

I'm giving free hugs from the internet guys,HUGS HUGS HUGS TO EVERYONE
    VK 93 Full Raws and Translation - Page 2 Tumblr_m2iymbj5Op1r2r3u7o1_500
    mariangie
    mariangie
    Pureblood Vampire
    Pureblood Vampire

Humor : Mad Doctor

Post by mariangie Fri May 24, 2013 2:03 am

What we get at the end ?

An end with Yuuki loving both Kaname and Zero in a romantic way . Every one in his own different way . Kaname as her passionate and extreme emotions main love . The one couple who never found a true way to be together . Zero as her best friend / turned lover . A normal life together as husband and wife " until death do us part " . Not exactly the most exciting life , but a sweet and sour good life indeed . One who couldn't made her 100% happy . Because she always carried the torn in her heart of not saving the other man she loved . But he was as happy as she could in her situation .

A story in which Yuuki only could make Zero happy in life and Kaname happy in death .

But also we get a " Pearl Harbor " movie modified end . One with a "Zeki by default "end and a "Star- crossed tragic love "end .

This example explains the " Zeki by default end "

From Georgie manga :

Georgie, after having to abandon Lowell, finds her true love with Abel, with which she has one night of love, and obviously get pregnant (all shoujo heroines seems to get pregnant with only one night of love, especially if it's their first one...). But Abel, alas, get killed. So what? She decides to go on and on, Titanic-like, and comes back to Australia, where she finds - guess who? Arthur, the third one, that she thought being dead. So the moral is, by being patient and lucky, you can get the girl you love, plus a baby as a bonus.

That was exactly what happened to Zero . During almost all the plot he did so little to try to make Yuuki see him as the one for her . But after the girl's first love gave his blessing to be together . Zero decided he would fight for Yuuki's love . At the end , by being patient and lots of luck , he got the woman he loved and a child as a bonus .

Does it means Yuuki would chose Zero if Kaname didn't died ? ( Technically in a slumber . But for practical reasons the same . ) Probably not . Yuuki most probably would kept Zero in the friend zone forever . So Zero got luck here .

Would Zero eventually get the girl if Kaname died / in a slumber ? Yes , he will . Because Yuuki had a huge fear of being alone and needed a shoulder to grieve . And she did love Zero in her own way . Being at the side of a person who loves you and can bring support in times of need is better than being alone . So patience will eventually give Zero what he wanted .

The modified "Pearl Harbor" end or "the star crossed lovers end ". Both Yuuki and Kaname loved each other . But because of their differences they never were meant to be together .

Yuuki knew neither would made the other happy . Because of her part of her heart loving Zero . And Kaname desire to protect her was so extreme . He ended committing sins he never forgive himself . Things that made him feel he was never be able to be worthy of Yuuki .

Here come the twist : Yuuki all this time believed she could save and protect Kaname . But failed . He ended doing what he did he was going to do : sacrifice himself for the greater good . After a thousand years ,Yuuki sacrificed herself to save Kaname by turning him into human . As she never found another way for him to revive . So in the end both did the ultimate sacrifice they though was the best for the one they loved the most .

About the plot holes .

Too bad I predicted if we get a " Zeki by default " end , Hino won't had the need to fill the gaps . The story could be shorter due to this .

Why ? Because the only person who could fill most of these plot holes was Kaname . If Kaname died / enter into a slumber . we got nobody to fill the blanks .

But Hino indeed give us a lot of blanks to fill . And she forgot to give the information we miss .

The most critical information we will never get was : what was Kaname's real intervention in the Zero / Shizuka case . She made us believe we got some false information and she was willing to clear this info to Zero / Yuuki / readers at the very end . But Kaname just died without telling Yuuki nor Zero anything more than we knew .

Other example is : the whereabouts of the rose resin . Last time we saw it , it was in Kaname's hands . I can only speculate one of the things Yuuki went to do at the Kuran Manor was to look for her rose . But she found nothing . So where the rose is ? I can only guess Kaname kept it on his coat pocket until the end of the story . If that was true . A weird thing could happen . Kaname finding the rose resin at his pocket and ask himself why he had that object with him . And of course he never would get his answer . Maybe he just keep it as a memento without knowing its true meaning .

There were tiny mysteries Hino could give us easily the answers , but didn't . Example : the names of the HW and Yuuki kids . Tell us HW was the first female Kuran ancestress . ( This one was left for us to guess . )

Hino also left the end with more questions without answers . Example : when Kaname awaken , were only Yuuki and her daughter the only purebloods alive ? Maybe the Yume kid was the only pureblood alive . Could be there were no more vampires on the planet except for Yuuki's kids when Kaname awakens ? Maybe . As there is mention of a cure for vampirism . The kids were waiting for Kaname to awake as their duty . So they need to live as long as they could . Could those kids choose to become humans as well ? Who knows , maybe would be easier to aid Kaname integrate into the new society .

A crazy question , had Yuuki any more descendants ? A 1000 years old girl and an almost the same age male who never marries nor had kids is strange enough . But there are possible answers why they won't . There wasn't any available mate for them . Or didn't wanted to have vampire kids . Or those kids were turned into humans as the cure was available . Or they just believe their duty was to take care of their lonely mom after Zero's death . Who knows .

I did got some questions about something Hino did intentionally never answers . For how long Zero did live ? For the few information available . He never was able to live 1000 years . He was presumed to live no longer than any Noble vampire . So could be anything from 200 to 500 years . It could be even less or a bit more . But in reality Hino never would give my answer . As she planned to give us as open end as she could .

My second answer is a little strange . How old was supposed to be the Zeki kid ? Why he looks as a young adult ; instead of an older man if he ages at the same rate as a regular noble vampire ? Of course Hino won't tell . My guess here: he is anything from 10 to 100 years younger than his sister .( Who is in her early 1000 years in human . ) But if he is a noble vampire , this makes him at least 900 years old . None of the noble vampires would look the way he did . Most probably they will be dead at that age . Could be that the Zeki kid inherited his mom immortality ? Who knows . I won't get my answer ever .

ButterflyWingsx
    ButterflyWingsx
    Level-E
    Level-E

Post by ButterflyWingsx Fri May 24, 2013 5:41 am

*waves hi*

I really hated the way things was rushed in this chapter, and it's not just because Yume was not endgame or I'm butt hurt, or whatever Zekis want to call it. I'm just disappointed that Yuuki remain useless and could not save Kaname, because she stopped to chance her damn clothes. It's like, really? Was that necessary?...I'm not mad at all, that Zero got some happiness. He deserved it...but so did Kaname. Let's just hope he lives a happy life with the children watching over him.
    yuuki kiryuu
    yuuki kiryuu
    Human

Post by yuuki kiryuu Fri May 24, 2013 6:29 am

Hello everyone,

Sadly the end of the very first manga I'm interested in has come to and end..well I'm not hating the end though, tbh I haven't read the translation because I'm just waiting for the scanlation..I rather read it that way..anyways IMHO Hino was in between a very tough decision I believe, so everyone could stay happy? Every shipper team could have a little bit of happiness (?) could be an option...however it was intended that kaname had a third chance..this time as a human which I think is nice he deserved it even though yuuki sacrificed her life..I believe he will be more than happy that she did that to save him. Now she loved both of them, and don't tell me she love one more and the other one less. She loved them differently and that's perfect cos you can't love two people the same.

She was happy while she lived with zero, that's good as well. I would never imagined this ending..I wished zero could live longer but in the end it was pointless. So there was no other way I think..at least he was happy he fulfilled what Ichiru told him...so it's a sad ending especially for kaname once again he lost his beloved one. Hopefully he can have a new life full of joy with those kids.

But there were things I still don't know and wished I could knew in the ending like who was kanames wife because the kuran clan should have started with a female ancestor as well, and other things about the past.

For me it was a good manga filled with dramatic moments and unexpected twists. I wish there was a spin off of this story, or a bonus chapter about the unknown things.
    norngpinky
    norngpinky
    Level-E
    Level-E

Post by norngpinky Fri May 24, 2013 6:40 am

OMG

I'm sorry I...I...I can't....

VK 93 Full Raws and Translation - Page 2 Tumblr_lquywuwXTV1qmun53o1_500

cryyyyyyy cryyyyyyy cryyyyyyy cryyyyyyy cryyyyyyy
    norngpinky
    norngpinky
    Level-E
    Level-E

Post by norngpinky Fri May 24, 2013 7:56 am

OK. I read the English scanlation @ Mangahere.

What I can say is that I am glad I didn't spoil myself beforehand. I read it TWICE and for the both times I cried rivers! cryyyyyyy

I think the ending could have definitely been done different as pretty much everyone here agreed. Though one thing is...Hina intended this love story to be that of a TRAGIC love!

Whether Zeki or Yume happened...I guess it didn't matter in the end because in a sense it is a bittersweet tragic love story.

But you know what? While bawling my eyes out this entire chapter, I kind of understand it.

I think the ending was beautiful, and was told in Yuuki's point of view, just like how the beginning for from her own view. Her world started with Kaname, and the end of her world stopped with Kaname.

It is heart-breaking though to read this. It hit me really hard because of my own personal relationship I'm going through right now. I think we all are pretty selfish when we have our own desires. Kaname admitted this. He didn't plan for it...He thought just watching over Yuuki was good enough, but because of his own desires he took a gamble as well. Yuuki was his light, and while he wanted to be with her too...There was light at the other end...to end his long lonely journey.

I can see sadness in his eyes. A soul that just wants to be released. Like he said..."It's not that I didn't receive any happiness because there is light at the end of the journey." That is so heartbreaking and for the whole time I could feel Yuuki's sorrow as her tears fell. As much as she wanted to save Kaname, there wasn't much that she could do at this point. I'm very certain that she would not hesitate to jump into the furnace if only she could retrieve Kaname's heart...but would that bring Kaname true happiness and peace of mind???

Think of Kaname's request to Yuuki, "Don't struggle to stop me anymore."

"It's my choices."

He is asking her to understand. What Yuuki could do was just to accept the truth, and I think she was strong...strong to suck in her tears and faced the others in the end. It's just devastating to see her like that.

Now regarding the who Yuki ended up....

I don't think Yuuki is a slut at all. Yes, she may have a tough time deciding who she really loved, and in the end she figured it out. Love is complicated sometimes and in to be in her situation where the love of your life is trying to end his life for the goods of everyone else...I actually feel for her.

Yuuki ending with Zero...It wasn't completely her choice. Kaname knew how much he would be the cause of her sorrow and grief if he was gone. How many times did Zero mention this?? That is why, his final words is for Yuuki to be happy...to be with Zero, even if he is not there...Kaname was there in spirits (-.-) Some say she's not loyal because of Zeki? I think not. She could have rejected the idea completely. As it is we see how sorrowful Yuki is. Her pleading, her desperation that "I don't want this...I can't imagine a world where I can no longer hear your voice." I think if Yuuki had any control of the situation she would gladly want to live a long and happy live with Kaname as her partner. But the sad truth is...they couldn't.

So what could she do in the end? She could live by herself for eternity in the world full of sorrow. OR she could try to be happy for others' and Kaname's sake.

It's really not like she's jumping from one guy to the other because things didn't go the way she wanted. Not at all.

And most likely took her a long time to finally say those words. And because Zero loves her so much that he was willing to wait...even until death because he understood.

And eventually everyone passed. She's the only one now...Luckily, Aidou found the cure and a way for Kaname to come back alive.

I suppose Isaya could have been helpful...but then again...would it be a cheap way to end the story? Why not just go all out and make it bittersweet? >__>

The ending was beautiful in the way that now Yuuki is returning the favor to Kaname. As her words echoed, "With my life I can turn you human...The long and endless journey...You who existed with that thirst...I want to give to you whom I love the world that I saw when I was a human...May your thirst be quenched...What a beautiful light."

That's her gift to Kaname. It wasn't all in vain.

NOW, if we're talking about how rushed the chapter was....That's another story... I don't feel like either of the pairings (Zeki or Yume) really won in the end. There wasn't much to be written in a spans of 50-is pages.

And then about Hino's flaws in storytelling...LOL, I'll leave that alone since I don't want to begin.

cryyyyyyy *still tres sad*
    2rsa
    2rsa
    Level-E
    Level-E

Post by 2rsa Fri May 24, 2013 9:02 am

^
    I don't see Yuuki as a slut either. She had no hope for Kaname to wake up. She was also pregnant with his daughter. I believe she went to Zero not only for the fact that she loved him. She wanted him to live a happy life too. I'm sure that she never forgot Kaname.
    If I was a Zeki, I'd be disappointed. She never confessed she loved him. Not even at his tomb. She just said you maid me happy and the she went to Kaname and she sent this message for him:
    I want to give you, who I love dearly......the world that I once witnessed in the time of humans...
    Zero desereved much better than this, but in the end, he accepted her and that part of her heart which will always belong to Kaname. Zero received more happiness than Yuuki did.
    Oh and, Yuuki did fail as a heroine, but at least she didn't fail to bring Kaname and Zero happiness.
    norngpinky
    norngpinky
    Level-E
    Level-E

Post by norngpinky Fri May 24, 2013 9:26 am

2rsa wrote:^
    I don't see Yuuki as a slut either. She had no hope for Kaname to wake up. She was also pregnant with his daughter. I believe she went to Zero not only for the fact that she loved him. She wanted him to live a happy life too. I'm sure that she never forgot Kaname.

You know...I'm so intrigued...Is one of them a Yume child? It's so hard to tell when the black-haired girl has dark...hair...Not to mention that Yuuki and Kaname came from the same bloodline..it's so hard to tell...Mangahere's translation is "From my mother to my other father."...

So...basically that means TWO daddies...but "OTHER FATHER"...So it's safe to assume that she is Kaname's biological daughter yeah?? Is there a different translation that gives a stronger...certainty??

Anyway...I think Yuuki loves them both...just differently. She would have chosen Kaname, and not just because of her "obligation" or whatever. I suppose Hino wanted to portray the kind of love that transcends physical love and desires just like a vampire's endless thirst for blood. It's no question that Yuuki never forgot Kaname after all these hundreds and thousands of years. Her love is timeless just as her physique...Which is what makes this even more sad...that despite ALL THE TIME that purebloods have, it doesn't really matter when you are miserable.

If I was a Zeki, I'd be disappointed. She never confessed she loved him. Not even at his tomb. She just said you maid me happy and the she went to Kaname and she sent this message for him:

Zero desereved much better than this, but in the end, he accepted her and that part of her heart which will always belong to Kaname. Zero received more happiness than Yuuki did.
    Oh and, Yuuki did fail as a heroine, but at least she didn't fail to bring Kaname and Zero happiness.

I think all of the three deserve happiness. I cut Yuki some slack.

I think Yuki is very strong at heart. She just lost a freaking person who meant the whole world to her...who was her universe and beyond, yet she could still function. She was able to return love, give Zero happiness. Though he might deserve more, Yuki was his love, so. Any Zeki fans are thoroughly happy with the ending though? It's just so sad bittersweet...heartbreaking...beyond my mind.

I wish we would know if Kaname retains any of his past memories? He got the message from the kids, right? ;____;

OH MAN, everytime I think of VK I just want to cry now.
    kanachanimmortal
    kanachanimmortal
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Warning ZoneVK 93 Full Raws and Translation - Page 2 Drops5black

Post by kanachanimmortal Fri May 24, 2013 9:44 am

why you guys are all so upset?the manga ended comically,you should be laughing.
    okay first of all i bet this was not the ending hino was planning from the beginning.she really said it was tragic but look at her earlier chapters,who could have thought it?
    she made a mess of her own story and to get out of it she made a tragic ending.she ended yuuki with both guys just to please both fandoms.what??i suddenly started to have a lot more respect for bella.i don't think twilight was a good story either but there after becoming vampire,bella developed a lot more while yuuki just degraded more.
    this type of ending could work if the plot of the story was strong.since the second arc particularly was a congregation of pieces i expected something shitty.at this point hino should have made a decent sweet ending because she gave examples of light and co-existence.huh???well in the last i can say that BOYCOTT ALL HINO MANGAS NOT BECAUSE SHE ENDED IT LIKE THIS BUT BECAUSE IT WILL BE A WASTE OF OUR MONEY AND MIND.
    lililovelilica
    lililovelilica
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Humor : Waiting for Kaname

Post by lililovelilica Fri May 24, 2013 10:02 am

Finished reading the scanlation
    My reaction now:VK 93 Full Raws and Translation - Page 2 Tumblr_lok618hSWu1qegjxe

WHY DID YOU DO THAT TO US HINO,WHY?
    I WANTEDS TO SEE YUUKI AND KANAME DOING THIS:
    VK 93 Full Raws and Translation - Page 2 Tumblr_mn7mcsmqWq1qfmzxdo5_r1_250
    AND THIS:
    VK 93 Full Raws and Translation - Page 2 Tumblr_mn7mcsmqWq1qfmzxdo4_250
    VK 93 Full Raws and Translation - Page 2 Tumblr_mi2tephvxo1qk01ceo4_250
    norngpinky
    norngpinky
    Level-E
    Level-E

Post by norngpinky Fri May 24, 2013 10:10 am

I thought about purchasing some of the volumes of VK once it ended...Since I adore the way Hino draws the characters' emotions and all.

I think the ending has its "beautiful light" amisdt all the sorrow...but I just think I will feel sad everytime I see the manga or even think about it.

Now the only manga I'm faithfully following is Naruto and even the author himself is a troll. I feel like I can trust no writers anymore!! ;(
    2rsa
    2rsa
    Level-E
    Level-E

Post by 2rsa Fri May 24, 2013 10:35 am

@norngpinky
    I'm not sure, but I think she is Kaname's daughter since she called him "other father". scratch
    Conrad Weller
    Conrad Weller
    Common Vampire
    Common Vampire

Post by Conrad Weller Fri May 24, 2013 11:13 am

hino fucked up the story. thats it. she doesn't tell who was this woman.

http://z.mfcdn.net/store/manga/84/13-060.0/compressed/kvampire_knight_c60_sgk.005.jpg

because she sure as hell doesn't look like hooded woman to me. the hair color is different and if they are the same, man it seems hino forgot her own story. she seems similar to yuuki and my guess was she was kaname's wife.

the title of ch 60 the contradictions of my existence is wrong. because to me it seems only kaname was the only one without contradictions. yuuki was the one with contradictions. saying she loves kaname, spending life with zero. my god what a joke. she loved kaname the most there is no doubt about that but i would have been happy if she spent her life alone. there was no need to be with zero.

showing her with zero is just fanservice for zekis.

who was kaname's wife ? my guess was it was yuuki. but we will never find it.
    there are so many plotholes that i can't even imagine how any author could have forgotten them.

what exactly was isaya shouto's role. he was absolutely useless.

sara was useless. even if she wasn't in the manga she wouldn't be missed.

and what exactly was seiren doing walking side by side with yagari. dont tell me hino pulled another sick magic trick put of the bag and thought of them as a couple. this is way too hilarious.

1.if kaname had told yuuki to kill herself would she have done it ?

2.if he had told yuuki to marry aidou would she have done it ?

3. if kaname had told zero to marry sayori would he have done it ?

because lets face it both zero and sayori didn't like kaname and would have made a perfect couple. i never liked sayori she is very annoying. i hate self centered characters like her.

the answer to all these questions is no.

kaname also told yuuki to wait for him when he went to kill purebloods. yuuki didn't wait. kaname told yuuki to only prey on his blood. she didn't do that too. so why listen to him now. its simple because hino wanted to give zeki something. but it destroyed yuuki's character. it showed her weak.

there was absolutely no need to show zero with yuuki even if kaname said so himself. i can't forgive yuuki for that. i blame her for that. it shows her character was weak. in the end she failed to become kaname's equal.

this whole manga was pointless. why was sara's plot there.

well yuuki got one thing right kaname sama is the beginning and end of her world. she loved him the most that is obvious if anybody denies it you are just being stupid. but what she did was wrong she went and lived with zero then in the end she changed kaname to a human. its cruel. its wrong. it would have been better if kaname died. i don't want to see kaname in despair. he too can't live in a world where yuuki doesn't exist.

kaname kuran is the most selfless character ever. if somebody even now abuses him, then you are a sad excuse for a human being.
    but why would anybody do that. he gave yuuki to zero.

then yuuki does this wonderful thing : turning him human. ah of course what else could be expected from such a stupid girl.

didn't she even realise the pain she will put kaname through if by some chance he remembers his memory. i'll be glad if he does remember his memory. he is not a vampire anymore.

and what exactly does yuuki think ? is everyone like her , ready to jump in with next man/woman. just because she went and had a kid with zero doesn't mean kaname has to do the same. the saying i want you to see all the beautiful things i saw as a human or something like that. if it doesn't mean finding another lover, fine. otherwise a big no. i am an absolute yume kaname fan i can't picture him with anyone else. period.

i hope hino doesn't destroy kaname's character by making a sequel to this shit. because for kaname, yuuki was his one and only love. his light in the darkness. i would prefer kaname remaining alone then hooking up with someone. he can live his life happily. there are many people who don't marry.

if kaname said i want you two together, yuuki should have said no. but oh no she was happy to spend the rest of her life with zero.

ah zero i don't even know what to say about him. i always knew he was worthless. but he was such a low life. that i couldn't have considered. he knows yuuki loves kaname, hell he knows to kaname, yuuki was his everything. but still like a second fiddle which he was he said,"i'll wait for you." and decided to live with her. god i just hate characters like him and yuhi in ayashi no ceres. they are and will always be second choice. period.

no wonder the silver haired kid looks like him. they have the same sullen expression. of course they are related.

no matter how zekis twist the truth, kaname, yuuki and yume love is the driving force of vampire knight. yeah yume was the main pair of the manga and always will be. but i don't like the fact yuuki went and lived with zero. the whole manga is about yume. if yuuki was a little strong she could have remained alone. that way everything would have been perfect. it would still be tragedy.

that would have been perfect ending. all three alone.

and if the whole fucking point of this manga was to turn kaname human. why show what a happy life haruka and juri lived. they were both vampires but still lived happily. vampires too can live a happy life. but oh no hino didn't do that, yuuki's parents are an example. why was the series named vampire knight why not : its a series which tells us that vampires will always be unhappy. sad fate of vampires.

i don't care if people don't like twilight, i absolutely loved twilight and i loved edward cullen. and yes i absolutely supported edward and bella. bella was a b i t c h ,a weak character but in the end edward loved her. thats what matters. needless to say i hate jacob black and to me he will always be another version of zero kiryu.

zero deserves a chance at happiness ? what the hell ?

kaname doesn't . why oh yes i forgot because hino wanted to please zekis. all this talk of ,"i had the ending planned since the beginning", is a big fat lie. no way could she have thought of such a fucked up ending.

and zekis open your eyes yuuki loved kaname the most. her love for kaname cannot be compared. yeah she was a two timing woman but doesn't change the fact she died for kaname. not for zero. not to follow zero in afterlife. her love for kaname is greater than anything. even though her reasons were fucked up she still did it for him. facts are facts. yuuki's beloved was kaname.

kaname didn't get any happiness. yuuki, zero, hino, hell everyone exploited kaname in some way or the other. he is such a kind soul he didn't even realise it. kaname should remain alone because to him yuuki was his everything if he can't have her than fine be alone, live happily. there are a million things a person can do in life instead of marrying. i dont want him to follow yuuki's example. because in my eyes only yuuki and kaname belong together.

yes i support yume , i have and always will love yume and support it. kaname and yume are the only two reasons for me reading this shit. kaname loved yuuki and i respect that. he is the most wonderful person ever in manga history. yes i believe so. and since he loves yuuki i hope hino doesn't destroy his character by making a fucked up sequel. no need to put him in the same boat as zero and yuuki. kaname is a one woman man and i want him alone. he will live a very happy life like that. i hope so, i believe so. but if she really does make a sequel i hope it's like kobato. yuuki reborn again. kaname and yuuki fall in love all over again. period. it can happen. because yuuki and kaname belong together forever.

and there are some very nice things being said like kaname was kaien and haruka and juuri = zero and yuuki. please that's the greatest insult anybody could have given kaname, haruka and juri.

was juri's first and treasured love kaien, did they promise to marry when they were kids, was she paasionately in love with him and gave her virginity to him.

and no way in hell is zero like haruka. the thought gives me the creeps. it's an insult to haruka to compare him with zero. kaien and kaname similar. no way god forbid i don't know which idiot thought of this. kaien is not even worthy of having his name written beside kaname's. there is absolutely no comparison. but then again zekis always have some twisted logic up their sleeves.

and honestly zero and zekis should worship the ground kaname walks on. and the shit some zekis said,"this is the only good thing kaname has done. he has redeemed himslf." people get real.

he doesn't need to redeem himself because he is the most wonderful person ever. you all have never understood kaname and never will. he was a kind soul from the beginning till the end.

everyone aidou, ruka , sayori, zero, kaien, kaitou wanted to separate kaname from yuuki and i am so unhappy they all succeeded. this is bullshit. i am very angry hino could have showed proper yume ending. all the facts, all quotes pointed towars yume end.

and what happened to takuma, what happened to the only person who understood how much yuuki meant to kaname. did hino hated kaname or something. not give him the love of his life is way too cruel after all the shit he went through in his life.

because of this i have lost faith in mangakas. never again will i get so emotional when reading one. in my heart kaname and yuuki belong together and will be together forever. because kaname loved yuuki truly. he and yuuki deserved to be together. yuuki's love was kaname, she loved him more than anyone else. i respect kaname's wishes above everything else. and i respect his love for yuuki. because that is exactly what love is which kaname had for yuuki. yume is forever.

i just hope hotaru odagiri doesn't pull shit like this. because luka and kaname are so similar its scary. i will be angry if yuki turns to a girl or goes with that kanata san. i hate the guy. god i don't think my heart could take that. one shock is enough.

Last edited by Conrad Weller on Thu May 30, 2013 10:48 am; edited 4 times in total
    juliet
    juliet
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Humor : Anytime...

Post by juliet Fri May 24, 2013 11:41 am

You have written so many things that I would like to respond to but due to my restricted time, I will limit myself here to some observations.

@Duskola, all that you say just reflect the way I also feel and also many others of us, as a I see the majority of the fandom is in a very bad emotional state.

VK 93 Full Raws and Translation - Page 2 P000a

Then I want to send my consoles and also full understanding to the scanlation team S2Scans, along with a great thank you about their work at the chapter. Surely if I did not have so many tasks to do, I would join them in that psychiatric ward. If you see Hino please tell her a great THANK YOU that at least she left Kaname standing at the end, LOL, and saved him from herself.

@Mariangie all of your questions, are also my questions but also the lousy way that Hino developed the script and I no more look for logic in there. Because this is it…illogical and very armature writing full of details that are a waste of time (Hino does not have communication skills it’s obvious), information that distract the reader, I do not want to say troll, I believe that she does that unintentionally and much more than this contradict with the prior information that she has given. So if she can not set priorities, drive clear direction, insert only the needed information that are meant to be used by the reader in order to decode the script, and make things solid, clear and characters that are stable to their profiles and objectives, yes, this is the script that you get. Like a nine years old writing an essay, expanding all over the subjects and issues and then limiting the conclusion of the essay to one or two observations, without actually reaching a meaningful end.
    A story that actually never answers the main question, neither answers the original questions that (in Hino’s case), original the author sets. Very lousy writing, I have said that before and I will say it again, the ones that are making fanfictions have done much more work on the characters and in justifying the actions, staying loyal to a mood, style, answering all the questions in their fics, in far better and solid ways than Hino’s abstract and accidental writing. Pure waste of money. Go read fanfictions, they are better written and FREE.

Also congratulations to Lala for the wonderful editing that it did to VK, presenting a second arc in pure mess, what people make about money is just horrible. Nobody could tell Hino that this story is full of blanks and contradictions? What exactly are their work in there? Making stupid previews that do not even act as previews. Good job! I could also do that, and anybody.

this type of ending could work if the plot of the story was strong.since the second arc particularly was a congregation of pieces i expected something shitty.at this point hino should have made a decent sweet ending because she gave examples of light and co-existence.huh???well in the last i can say that BOYCOTT ALL HINO MANGAS NOT BECAUSE SHE ENDED IT LIKE THIS BUT BECAUSE IT WILL BE A WASTE OF OUR MONEY AND MIND.

Exactly! Now we can see in overall the second arc, let’s just say it open and clear; IT HAS NO PLOT!!!! NO PLOT!! NO PLOT!!!

And this is the type of lazy, and very easy to do, cheap work that it could be shown within 12 chapters (a year let’s say), no need for four years to run and so many volumes to take our space and our money. This is exactly the type of manga that I find lame as a work, cause it projects the psychological drama of a character and its forced on script and not driven by necessity, by actions, there fore its forced by the author and it shines through.

The same ending could have a so much better understanding from the readers, if Hino had made that excusable through the necessities that came along, now it’s far too dragged. Exceptionally dragged in its every details and too babble, far too babble, you are losing direction here.

Honestly I think that Hino should stick to the drawing department, writing a lines or two (she is good with lines) but not in developing long plots that actually have clear objectives, directions, character development and be clear with it because after all this is a manga for young audience. Too much information and unjustified actions and decisions and wasted panels and the half of the fandom, did not want to know even the continuation. Does she even know what her target audience was? She is supposed to be a professional and she must take that into consideration. She is paid for this. Even though after this VK fiasco, she should be paying for the next story to be published.

And about the end as an end what can I say with such a script?

Where is the co-existence objective that she puts in the beginning? Is the solution to switch all vampires to humans? Is that what co-existence means?

So what is the solution here? Why purebloods would accept that medicine, if they could not accept the existence of weapons?

And if it is optional then what kind of solution does it offer anyway? Optional were and Yuuki’s reaper services.

But no, Hino can not think of a complete ending in this eight years when a reader can think a solution in one day, she just cant. She cares about creating a drama where there is none just to make a drama. If I want a drama out of nothing, I can create it by myself, writers are there to create stories not plot holes. Plot holes are not paid, I want my money back. And yes that felt so good that I ranted about it. So much better.

Also to everybody that has written here, thank you so much for all of your support, you all have my deepest understanding on this subjects and we are saying just too less. Because there were eight years and a lot of money paid here for a story that wants to force emotion and sadness and misery...with NO PLOT> pay Hino then pay plot holes. I am sure though that you can find holes in the street also and they are free.

Cheers! The only thing that she did right leaving Kaname to us, we can make much more meaningful stories than this lame treatment. We sure can.
    kanachanimmortal
    kanachanimmortal
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Warning ZoneVK 93 Full Raws and Translation - Page 2 Drops5black

Post by kanachanimmortal Fri May 24, 2013 1:24 pm

i think this was not the ending hino actually planned.i guess this was like this:
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

i don't care about this ending because hino lost my respect and interest in the story way before.i continued to read it because i don't like to leave stories in middle.i used to get angry with zeki scenes but now i am okay with it.
    yuuki is not a slut because obviously how could she live for 10000 years alone without blood and father for her daughter and kaname wanted same thing for her.

my only complaint is that hino did not make a good plot.this plot is the loosest one i ever read.

my questions are still unanswered.

1-who was kaname's wife?
    2-who exactly was hw?
    3-what happened to aidou and takuma?(i mean whom did they marry and for heaven's sake shima.)
    4-what was use of maria and yori?
    5-kaein's long life and kaito's role.
    6-rukain....................

too many plotholes.
    nina
    nina
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Humor : Black sarcasm

Post by nina Fri May 24, 2013 5:54 pm

It finally hit me! Till now I was very composed, comfortably engulfed by the thought of Kaname being alive somewhere out there thinking that I could stay unaffected… but damn you Hino! I cried my eyes out after reading thoroughly the translation!

Why? Why? Why???? They could so easily have it ALL! WHYYYY???? Damn you Hino! You couldn’t resist to the temptation of a tragic love in the end huh?!
    And I so BLOODY-HATE tragic ends!!!!!!!! *screams*

And while I still believe that Yuuki was “too little” for his vastness entity yet I cannot bring my self blame her now…
    I feel sorry/pity for her cuz she really couldn’t “capture” the only man that she ever truly wanted with all her might!

Yes the ONLY one with whom was IN LOVE with… because can anyone support; that IF Kaname was around; Zero would have had any chance??? The answer to this question, answers everything!

Personally I think that the one that Hino really sacrificed literally and metaphorically was Yuuki ultimately >>

No...I can't imagine a world where I can't hear your voice anymore....
    Do you really think this is for the best? And I don't want to understand either...
    That shadowed presence is protecting each boring day.
    "I want to give you, who I love dearly..

This ^^^ says it all!

するあなたにあげたいの”

VK 93 Full Raws and Translation - Page 2 Behoop

To never be lucky to found such love in life is one thing (you do not know what you miss), BUT to find it; to experience it; to touch it with your fingertips but not being able to “capture” it; is unbearable! Then everything after that becomes grey… how Yuuki describes it; >> each boring day

Yuuki might have found a shoulder to lean on and receive love and support but from her words and final act there is no doubt of what tasteless, passionless and compromised life she led… thus the worthiness of this life can be measured from the space it got >> ONE PANEL stripped from any word that could indicate EROS. Her “silence” even when she visited Zero’s grave is deafening…
    What she left there was a piece of the BR and a genuine thank you to him whereas to Kaname; her HEART, her unconditional LOVE (>>), her LIFE and her warm LIGHT that Kaname so much loved to accompany him in his fresh start!

Don’t get me wrong… I do not mean that she didn’t love Zero… she did and I always believed that she did… and I’m sure that after her life with him she felt really grateful to him…
    Neither I’m one of those who attempt to measure love… NO! But I deffo do NOT deem such love as a romantic one.
    She just simply loved them differently… the one as a GOD/man/lover/, as the man who ALWAYS was choosing to spend her life with (even after 1000 years, even after her death!) and the other as a being/companion from whom could receive devotion, support, comforting love etc. and to reciprocate with her physical presence by his side… << this kind of love I call it “tea and sympathy”... a love that one can be satisfied with after its 70s…

And I was thinking… how many factors Hino should have add there in order to forcefully drive Yuuki on Zero’s side; to block her from everywhere in order to force her to stay alive; or better to give her a purpose to go on living? >>

- The fact that she was already pregnant with Kaname’s child?
    - The guilt-trip"PLEASE say it before I turn into dust from STARVATION" and the feeling that at least she could make Zero “happy”?
    - Or Kaname’s last wish in order all his efforts to grant her a happy peaceful life; not to be in vain???

Really Hino??? Did they deserve such treatment??? Is this EROS??? Does love need so many excuses???? NO! Love comes naturally like the air you breathe… it doesn’t need reason…
    And maybe this kind of love or life seems appealing to some people… I guess it depends of each one’s idiosyncrasy but for me it is the EPITOME of MEDIOCRITY and COMPROMISE hence and either way wasn’t deemed as worthy to be told and depicted judging from the space and time it took…
    It’s like some before me parallelized VK with the Titanic … keeping the distances ofc, I really see one similarity… the memorable yet tragic love… the one worthy to be mentioned, was Jack and Rose’s not the life that Rose might have had after Jack’s death… ‘nough said!

That’s why I’ll say it again and again… she is STINGY… she gave to all – characters and fans- a taste of how bliss could be, just a tiny slice of “happiness” and tons of sadness, tears and above all the feeling of unfulfillment!

Why? Because she wanted to force out from the reader pain and tears; considering that this will have a stronger impact… If the impact would have been charged negatively or positively; it doesn’t matter! The point was how big the fuss would be! Again everything sacrificed on the altar of astonishment!
    This is what I find disgusting… not the characters, not the paths they were idiotically compelled to take; but the transparent intention of exploitation!

A tragedy may be acceptable when it comes naturally … when it is solid justified! But when it is so obviously artificial stilted; stripped from any factual necessity other than the drama for the drama; then it is not only cheap but becomes tragically-unintentionally a tragicomedy!

As for the plot in the 2nd arc; which plot? What can I add more that ain’t already mentioned? The volcano-ghost maybe??? Razz Razz
    All I can see in the end is scattered, half-assed, decorative ideas here and there… an endless, unfocused verbosity that causes strabismus!

VK 93 Full Raws and Translation - Page 2 B3sxh1

Hahaha cheers I think this ^^^ rocks! It sums up pretty much everything! But I won't do her the favor Razz
    KuranPrince
    KuranPrince
    Vampire Noble Class
    Vampire Noble Class

Post by KuranPrince Fri May 24, 2013 6:32 pm

Hino truly did f*ck up the concluding chapter of the VK series. J.K. Rowling and Stephenie Meyer would like to have a word with Matsuri Hino.
    2rsa
    2rsa
    Level-E
    Level-E

Post by 2rsa Fri May 24, 2013 7:11 pm

@Nina-san
    You completely put in word what I was trying to say. I'm calling you Nina-sensei from now on. cheers
    Aquasixio
    Aquasixio
    Human

Humor : Sick.

Post by Aquasixio Fri May 24, 2013 8:22 pm

Ermahgerd, I made it through the series without a heart attack! VK 93 Full Raws and Translation - Page 2 2660116546 What will I look forward to every month now?! Crying or Very sad Contrary to popular belief here, I don't feel like Hino took a massive dump all over the series by making this the ending. The best part of it was that Kaname got a second chance! I thought that Yuuki was gonna throw herself into the furnace like some dumb b**** and make it a Romeo-and-Juliet cliche ending for all of last month Razz I'm not a person to look into plot holes and flame Hino because she didn't wrap everything up omfg da fuq she's such a terrible mangaka, but the ending was weird and sudden and could have been drawn out into more chapters to make alot more sense, most definitely (100 chapters would have been awesome). Zero and Yuuki's kids looked kinda messed up too. Good lord, their daughter's head was GIGANTIC Shocked

VK 93 Full Raws and Translation - Page 2 Tumblr_mehu6rjoe81qezk6n
    Saphira_K
    Saphira_K
    Common Vampire
    Common Vampire

Humor : U Bet :P

Post by Saphira_K Sat May 25, 2013 1:15 am

2rsa wrote:@Nina-san
    You completely put in word what I was trying to say. I'm calling you Nina-sensei from now on. cheers

i agree full-heartedly as well! kudos Nina that was very well said cheers
    Katt
    Katt
    Human

Post by Katt Sat May 25, 2013 2:56 am

The ending was total f-ing BS. I would have loved to see a Yume ending, but instead we’re given this halfsies Zeki and Yume. And we can’t forget the inconsistent plot and the total hash-up of the last arc which was a total waste of time. So many invested in this manga, Hino gave us a great beginning with so many questions and theories; but she leaves us with nothing but disappointment and disbelief. *deep breath* Ok with that out of the way I can get into my contradicting and torn thoughts of the ending/manga:

As many have mentioned, the ending does solidify that Kaname was and has always been the main hero/protagonist/narrator of the manga. Yuki was a set-up piece for his character development. I think this was very much highlighted throughout the manga (ex. Kaname is seen many times lurking around his chest boast, claiming everyone has a part to play in his plans, even Yuki claiming she was just a piece). Also it’s very fitting that Yuki’s life began with Kaname and ends with him, it’s always been about him.

I also find calling Yuki a slut a bit harsh. Yuki loved them both. I supposed she did simply settle with second best (on Kaname’s word), but she DID love Zero in her own way. Yuki was always aware that a part of her loved Zero, perhaps not as intensely or devoted, but she did love him. I don’t think she simply jumped the gun immediately after Kaname’s death, for all we know it took her years if not decades to mourn. Zero did say he’d wait for her, so who knows. I feel that as a vampire Yuki would need someone to quench her thirst, maybe it’s selfish of her, but I think it goes hand-in-hand with one of the ending quotes: “May your thirst be quenched” (I absolutely love it) so in the end she needed Zero as a friend, partner and finally lover. Vampires need and ache for the blood of a loved one, they’re passionate beings, and Kaname knew that the only way she’d be able to live is to be with Zero. I’m sure Yuki was aware of this and Zero too. They all mutually agreed that Yuki loves them both and Yuki was obviously able to live a happy life with Zero, even if her heart mostly belonged to Kaname. Yuki has stated before how her thirst could never be fully stated by Kaname alone, that a part of her held on to Zero. It’s safe to say that she wouldn’t be as horrible as to go with Zero if she didn’t on some level love him.

Yuki does say that they bickered so obviously it was not a perfect relationship but it worked and she was happy. That’s what counts and that’s what Kaname wanted for her – a happy life. You’ll find that sometimes in life you have more than one ‘soul-mate’ that you identify with, and it’s no different with Yuki she connected with both men. That being said, I will contradict myself and say it’s a bit selfish of Hino to give us both – so we get to see the kids of both pairings – but reflecting back on the story I feel like this might have always been the outcome. Never the less it is sad to see Zero be with someone who will never be as devoted to him or be completely satisfied (as seen in end when Yuki makes the ultimate sacrifice for the one she always loved).

My heart broke for Zero. As harsh as this sound, I find Zero’s character so depressing because he loved Yuki so much he settled for Kaname’s leftovers. I mean, Zero did claim he’d wait as long as it took for Yuki to finally ‘get-over Kaname enough to be with him’ but it’s still tragic. I suppose that perhaps that was Hino’s intention. Zero was always a tragic character and even though he ‘gets the girl’ it’s still bitter sweet because we know that he will love Yuki more then she loves him.

I also want to point out that we don’t know how long Zero lived for, I have a feeling that he passed away recently before the scene of Yuki placing the Bloody Rose on Ichiru’s grave stone (her way to reunite the brothers). I can infer that he passed not too long before that. Considering Kaien was middle age (30-40 in appearance) and approx. 250 years old as a human hunter, I can say Zero, as hunter twin vampire with pureblood blood (as food), could have lived up to 800 years if not slightly more. This ties in with theories on how old Zeki’s child would be, seeing he (I’m guessing it’s a boy) was born a ‘noble vampire’ and looks still relatively young, it’s safe to say that he might be around 200-300 years old if not younger. (Complete speculation obviously)

Side note: I wish Hino could have made Yuki look a tad bit older (especially with her kids on the side, she definitely did not look like a mother).

The ending is very bitter sweet (and confusing as hell) for Kaname. He finally gets to live a life in light and happiness – he always described how he loved seeing Yuki being human and happy, so I can only assume that he might have wanted such a life after living so long in darkness. Also he did try to make the cure for vampirism. So now he can live a life without the darkness and heartache of the past. What I find odd though is that I thought that he would have woken up without his memory but with his daughter saying “hey I’m your daughter and did you know that some woman that loved you more than her own existence gave up her life to see you happy” would be heartbreaking for human-Kaname, which would confuse him even more. However the last page he looks positively at peace, so I can only assume that:

A) He has his memories and is content that Yuki lived a life with Zero (as seen with the presence of a Zeki child) and will be able to move on. Kaname is happy that Yuki was satisfied with the life she lived and that she gave up her life (after living a long life) to give him a chance (clean slate without the ‘game’). He understood her sacrifice and he’s grateful.
    OR
    B) With his ‘thirst quench’ he will no longer feel a deep gap of loneliness that he felt while being a vampire, so he can finally heal and move on (so vampires’ emotions are much more intense than human ones’, so being human it’ll be easier for him to cope). With no memory there’s nothing holding him back: we see that becoming a vampire you have all these memories of a long torturous life. But being human is to be born again new, and start fresh with nothing holding him back.
    OR
    C) He doesn’t have his memory but he has a deep sense of peace, understanding and gratefulness.

There were a few comments on the Resin Rose; I always thought that it was more symbolic in purpose then really a plot point. I saw it as a symbol of vampirism (Yuki reawakening as a vampire) and Kaname himself. He initially gave it to Yuki as a reminder of him and her past as vampire: its beauty encased to be forever beautiful and to remain eternal – like vampires. Kaname was able to protect it’s frailty and rarity in a resin, which can be a juxtaposition that when he saw Yuki he wanted to protect her whether it be human (fragile and short lived beings) or vampire (immortal and beautiful) and he internally wished he could have locked her away to keep her safe. As well it can be seen as a symbol of Kaname: forever trapped being a vampire. He was also ‘asleep’ twice to be born again (vampire-child and finally human). So like the rose he was encased in ice to preserve his beauty so one day he could emerge and breath life (ex. Ending).

On the flip side we have the butterfly as a symbol of life and hope. I’m led to believe that the butterfly is supposed to represent Yuki (it was even manifested through her ‘vampire wings’ when she was in pursuit of Kaname – but this power was never fully explained or seen again), who, even dead, will remain by his side in spirit through her sacrifice and love for him. She has always been Kaname’s light and in turn she literally brought light and new life to Kaname. It’s tragic love. Yuki was a conflicted character (nice way of putting it) but I never doubted her devotion for Kaname, despite the fact she lived a life with Zero she did so with Kaname’s blessing. The ending just seals the deal that Yuki’s love for Kaname was beyond her own existence. I don't think she did it to hurt him, but to free him.

Finally I definitely felt disappointed that we didn’t have more closure with the other characters (Ruka, Aidou, Kain, Senri, ect). You only get a small panel of each and you’re left to infer that they go with their supposed partner (Ruka/Kain, Senri/Rima).

So yah, VK was a total mess. I was practically in tears at the end. I was frustrated, sad and disappointed. I had such high expectation and there's so many questions left unanswered. I wish it didn't end with the Love Triangle still going and I feel my heart ache for Kaname. I'm happy that he's human, I feel that he deserved it after his long arduous life yet I'm sadden he won't a have Yuki at his side. He still has his daughter and step-son/nephew I suppose to live his human life with. I guess the point was that both Zero and Kaname get what they want, and Yuki in essence also gets to be with both (even though she was mostly likely heart-broken). I suppose I can ignore the end and make my own or read fanfictions with better articulated plot lines and endings. geek
    arinicole1027
    arinicole1027
    Human

Post by arinicole1027 Sat May 25, 2013 5:58 am

I found out why Hino ended this series so early and kind of mess up way. Apparently Sales been dropping ever since the start of the second arc eventually caused the magazine La La to force Hino into cutting her ending, apparently even twice. As a result, Hino even publically apologized to her readers in her blog for the ending being as rushed as it was, being sorry she wasn't able to tell the full story she wanted.

So, that explains everything.
    juliet
    juliet
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Humor : Anytime...

Post by juliet Sat May 25, 2013 8:11 am

arinicole1027 wrote:I found out why Hino ended this series so early and kind of mess up way. Apparently Sales been dropping ever since the start of the second arc eventually caused the magazine La La to force Hino into cutting her ending, apparently even twice. As a result, Hino even publically apologized to her readers in her blog for the ending being as rushed as it was, being sorry she wasn't able to tell the full story she wanted.

this entry referred here? hm?

http://vampire-knight.livejournal.com/1029014.html

that does not say this in the translation...actually she says that she shall charge up her batteries for her next work\\

mercy!! someone to tell her that no one shall stand her next work anyway! LOL (honestly are all the mangaka placed in their own universe?)

that's not a good trait, someone should tell them how the plot went wrong and what was the reception of the fans in overall, at least to have a point or two in connection with reality Razz because what i read here sounds to me out of space and time

next work? Shocked what next work? Shocked we need a decade to come around from the this one..perhaps the fans in Japan are different? a special kind of readers? what to say after reading all these typical nonsense?
    aya-chan
    aya-chan
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Humor : oiseaux de se ressemble s'assemble

Post by aya-chan Sat May 25, 2013 10:20 am

arinicole1027 wrote:I found out why Hino ended this series so early and kind of mess up way. Apparently Sales been dropping ever since the start of the second arc eventually caused the magazine La La to force Hino into cutting her ending, apparently even twice. As a result, Hino even publically apologized to her readers in her blog for the ending being as rushed as it was, being sorry she wasn't able to tell the full story she wanted.

and who's guilty that the sales dropped? I, you? the blame belongs to hino entirely - she was not able to write something to keep the public interested in her story.
    The reader is the writter biggest enemy. the succees of a story is shown by the public reviews and by the sales. if they found vk not to their liking - and is no wonder since the writter likes to mess the story so much, having no plot - they did the only thing they could do...stop buying.
    I, as one of her readers found her story not to my liking for a very long time, thus stopped buying her volumes.

if indeed she was forced by lala to end to story faster due to the sales dropping, she certainty will bring no more money with this crapy ending. it's hilarious in one way - forced to finish faster because of sales dropping but will cause more sales dropping with this ending.

And even she was told to rush the ending, they didn't tell her to change the ending. she was told months ago, not one month ago. after she was told to hury, she should have done anything to write the story in a way which should fit the end she wanted to give us to the begin with.

that does not say this in the translation...actually she says that she shall charge up her batteries for her next work\\

Next work ? affraid affraid affraid I won't spare a second to even read the title of her next work. after the disaster she pulled with vk, I have no intention to read another story with no plot.
    norngpinky
    norngpinky
    Level-E
    Level-E

Post by norngpinky Sat May 25, 2013 2:51 pm

VK ending has left a hole in me.

I'm still sad.

And seriously...now that I really think about it...did you guys think that Yuuki was prepared to live an eternity with Kaname AFTER Zero died? Obviously she didn't plan for this since the beginning and probably only after the cure was found and she decided to extinguish the furnace.

So by some miracle that it DID work..that Kaname's heart actually started pumping again and he woke up to see Yuuki with all this memories, don't you think Yuuki would have stayed with him? I think she sacrificed her life for his because there wasn't any other way. His body and heart were out and were cold and there wasn't anywhere/one else. I wish Isaya would have popped up.

Really, this ending bothers me.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:53 pm