Vampire Knight & Manga Forum

In order to fully enjoy the board and it's function, you can always log in or sign up to an account. Thank you...

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

In order to fully enjoy the board and it's function, you can always log in or sign up to an account. Thank you...

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Α forum dedicated to Hino's Matsuri best-seller manga Vampire Knight and the manga we love

Gallery

VK 93 Full Raws and Translation - Page 3 Empty

Latest topics

» Do you trust Hino?
VK 93 Full Raws and Translation - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2022 12:37 am by juliet

» Our Kaname is here!! Vampire Knight memories chapter 38
VK 93 Full Raws and Translation - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2022 12:35 am by juliet

» Vampire knight Memories 38
VK 93 Full Raws and Translation - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2022 4:18 am by juliet

» Where to Find Vampire Knight Memories Translation
VK 93 Full Raws and Translation - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2022 1:29 am by juliet

» The Final Countdown
VK 93 Full Raws and Translation - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2022 11:43 pm by juliet

» New VK Chapter is HERE!
VK 93 Full Raws and Translation - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 11, 2017 7:42 am by lililovelilica

» Links for Other Vampire Knight Forums and Sites that you like and enjoy!!
VK 93 Full Raws and Translation - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2016 7:25 pm by Saphira_K

» VK Memories CH 6!
VK 93 Full Raws and Translation - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2016 6:13 pm by Saphira_K

» VK Memories
VK 93 Full Raws and Translation - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2016 5:59 pm by Saphira_K

» New VK Chapter SPOILERS!
VK 93 Full Raws and Translation - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2016 5:47 pm by Saphira_K

» New VK Bonus Ch!!
VK 93 Full Raws and Translation - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2015 12:53 am by Saphira_K

» Translation of 'Fleeting Dreams'
VK 93 Full Raws and Translation - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2015 2:20 am by Saphira_K

» Bunko Editions
VK 93 Full Raws and Translation - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2015 2:18 am by Saphira_K

» New Vampire knight Extra
VK 93 Full Raws and Translation - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2015 2:15 am by Saphira_K

» The Musical (Original and Revive)
VK 93 Full Raws and Translation - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2015 2:40 am by Dreamiel

» NEW CHAPTER IN 2015?
VK 93 Full Raws and Translation - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2015 12:16 am by Unknown00

» Newbie in the forum...
VK 93 Full Raws and Translation - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2015 7:13 pm by aisan4494

» Who do you think Yuki loves more: Kaname or Zero?
VK 93 Full Raws and Translation - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2015 7:09 pm by aisan4494

» Zeki or Yume?
VK 93 Full Raws and Translation - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2015 7:04 pm by aisan4494

» So What will happen of Kaname?
VK 93 Full Raws and Translation - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2015 6:25 pm by matei alina

We and the Youtube

Poll

would you like to read a sequel of vk?or is hino thinking of writing one?
VK 93 Full Raws and Translation - Page 3 Bar_left59%VK 93 Full Raws and Translation - Page 3 Bar_right 59% [ 24 ]
VK 93 Full Raws and Translation - Page 3 Bar_left27%VK 93 Full Raws and Translation - Page 3 Bar_right 27% [ 11 ]
VK 93 Full Raws and Translation - Page 3 Bar_left15%VK 93 Full Raws and Translation - Page 3 Bar_right 15% [ 6 ]

Total Votes : 41

Friends

Terry Candy

+24
Fine of Fate
Majestical
chacile
arinicole1027
Katt
Aquasixio
KuranPrince
Conrad Weller
kanachanimmortal
norngpinky
yuuki kiryuu
ButterflyWingsx
mariangie
aya-chan
libra
Duskola
Myyomi
darkwolf123
Saphira_K
lililovelilica
2rsa
witlessfool
juliet
nina
28 posters

VK 93 Full Raws and Translation

nina
    nina
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Humor : Black sarcasm
    Warning ZoneVK 93 Full Raws and Translation - Page 3 Dropsoa

VK 93 Full Raws and Translation - Page 3 Empty VK 93 Full Raws and Translation

Post by nina Thu May 23, 2013 5:17 pm

norngpinky
    Level-E
    Level-E

VK 93 Full Raws and Translation - Page 3 Empty Re: VK 93 Full Raws and Translation

Post by norngpinky Sat May 25, 2013 2:51 pm

VK ending has left a hole in me.

I'm still sad.

And seriously...now that I really think about it...did you guys think that Yuuki was prepared to live an eternity with Kaname AFTER Zero died? Obviously she didn't plan for this since the beginning and probably only after the cure was found and she decided to extinguish the furnace.

So by some miracle that it DID work..that Kaname's heart actually started pumping again and he woke up to see Yuuki with all this memories, don't you think Yuuki would have stayed with him? I think she sacrificed her life for his because there wasn't any other way. His body and heart were out and were cold and there wasn't anywhere/one else. I wish Isaya would have popped up.

Really, this ending bothers me.
    kanachanimmortal
    kanachanimmortal
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Warning ZoneVK 93 Full Raws and Translation - Page 3 Drops5black

VK 93 Full Raws and Translation - Page 3 Empty Re: VK 93 Full Raws and Translation

Post by kanachanimmortal Sat May 25, 2013 3:05 pm

there are many mangas which ended tragically for example elfen lied but i love that manga and ending was so beautiful and bittersweet.
    tragic endings works many times but only if the feeling and plot of the story justifies that.
    Hino proved to be a very stupid mangaka,she served the story well in the first arc but second arc was just plain idiotic making no sense.
    the biggest and crappiest thing about the whole ending is that no one got their true happiness,kaname became human and yuuki is dead,one thing which kaname never wanted,zero got leftovers of kaname,really the person who smashed your whole life,you got married to his descendant come sister come fiancee....................is this really the zero who was so self respectful of his own attitude. rofl
    i don't know about zeki fans situation here,they may be happy with this as their final pairing happened but still i only laugh at this........................................................
    hino is a very sadistic mangaka who can never think of sweet moments.
    and what you said just.............she is thinking of writing another work. rofl
    oh damn god,please have mercy on the souls of that next manga readers. sSc_hidingsofa
    norngpinky
    norngpinky
    Level-E
    Level-E

Post by norngpinky Sat May 25, 2013 3:20 pm

kanachanimmortal wrote:
    the biggest and crappiest thing about the whole ending is that no one got their true happiness

TRUE TO THAT!!! Evil or Very Mad

It's like after all this time, all that's left in my memory about Vampire Knight is sadness and emptiness...not the kind of sad tragic ending that leaves you think fondly of it either.

Code Geasse
    Efen Lied

^ These stories (and probably more that I don't know about since I don't read manga much anymore) leaves some sort of an understanding...a fulfilling sense. VK is leaves a bad taste for me.

OH YES, NO ONE GOT THEIR TRUE HAPPINESS.

We are only to assume that Kaname is to find his happiness. But for what he knows with his true self...Yuki was his happiness. I would not want him to turn into a pureblood again and re-live the painful memories and a long journey without Yuki. I guess we can only hope that he'd live and die as a human while Yuki's children watch over him as his guardians. Since they're vampires, a human life would amount to nothing on their life spans.

BLAH. I wish Yuki and Zero could have gotten their true happiness too. I'm not so sad for Hero because TO HIM, he got what he wanted. You can't help who you fall in love with, so living a long life with Yuki who made him happy...I think it was probably enough for him.

As for Yuki...Her thirst was never fully quenched. She wasn't able to do jack shit and save the man she ultimately loved with all her heart. She was basically forced to live in a world where Kaname wasn't by her side. Just heart-breaking. Urgh.
    kanachanimmortal
    kanachanimmortal
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Post by kanachanimmortal Sat May 25, 2013 3:41 pm

norngpinky wrote:
    kanachanimmortal wrote:
    the biggest and crappiest thing about the whole ending is that no one got their true happiness

TRUE TO THAT!!! Evil or Very Mad

It's like after all this time, all that's left in my memory about Vampire Knight is sadness and emptiness...not the kind of sad tragic ending that leaves you think fondly of it either.

Code Geasse
    Efen Lied

^ These stories (and probably more that I don't know about since I don't read manga much anymore) leaves some sort of an understanding...a fulfilling sense. VK is leaves a bad taste for me.

OH YES, NO ONE GOT THEIR TRUE HAPPINESS.

We are only to assume that Kaname is to find his happiness. But for what he knows with his true self...Yuki was his happiness. I would not want him to turn into a pureblood again and re-live the painful memories and a long journey without Yuki. I guess we can only hope that he'd live and die as a human while Yuki's children watch over him as his guardians. Since they're vampires, a human life would amount to nothing on their life spans.

BLAH. I wish Yuki and Zero could have gotten their true happiness too. I'm not so sad for Hero because TO HIM, he got what he wanted. You can't help who you fall in love with, so living a long life with Yuki who made him happy...I think it was probably enough for him.

As for Yuki...Her thirst was never fully quenched. She wasn't able to do jack shit and save the man she ultimately loved with all her heart. She was basically forced to live in a world where Kaname wasn't by her side. Just heart-breaking. Urgh.

as we are assuming that the girl is yuuki and kana's daughter,i guess he can turn to pb by her,girl removes his memories of yuuki and he again starts a lineage with her,this time a happy life......with cute children. Very Happy

that is my fictional ending in my mind of vk. cheers
    nina
    nina
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Post by nina Sat May 25, 2013 5:50 pm

@2rsa and @Saphira thank you ^^ sLo_BigBearHug

@Katt well said Smile

Here’s the entry in her blog after the release of the last chapter (2013-5-24) << is the official release date for the Lala in Japan.
    http://hinomatsuri.jugem.jp/

From googly’s translator I cannot infer if she is talking about the dropped sales or if she was cut off from Lala due to poor sales.

She is talking about next job(s) but as she was advised she needs a break first to recharge her batteries… (And I find this “advise” the most polite way to tell her what a lousy job she has done with VK’s last part!!!)

About sales/ratings mixed with my rant:
    Spoiler:

aya-chan wrote: Next work ? affraid affraid affraid I won't spare a second to even read the title of her next work. after the disaster she pulled with vk, I have no intention to read another story with no plot.

Soooo, so TRUE! I second that.
    Hino’s new work?
    VK 93 Full Raws and Translation - Page 3 Ajplwk

Except if she is only the artist… I wouldn't buy it -at least not before the end- but I would read it cuz her art it is superb.

Spoiler:

norngpinky wrote: And seriously...now that I really think about it...did you guys think that Yuuki was prepared to live an eternity with Kaname AFTER Zero died? Obviously she didn't plan for this since the beginning and probably only after the cure was found and she decided to extinguish the furnace.

So by some miracle that it DID work..that Kaname's heart actually started pumping again and he woke up to see Yuuki with all this memories, don't you think Yuuki would have stayed with him? I think she sacrificed her life for his because there wasn't any other way. His body and heart were out and were cold and there wasn't anywhere/one else. I wish Isaya would have popped up.

Exactly… it’s obvious from her expressed wish for the medicine to could work on Kaname… if it could then she wouldn’t have to give her life to bring him back and then…
    But in this case wouldn’t have been a tragic love… *tsk* sFun_transform

Last edited by nina on Sat May 25, 2013 11:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
    darkwolf123
    darkwolf123
    Human

Humor : anytime..

Post by darkwolf123 Sat May 25, 2013 8:42 pm

juliet wrote:
    darkwolf123 wrote:it's kinda sad when i read all these things about how yuuki is a slut and that Hino gave us a "crap" ending.. think about it this way. we all know yuuki loved both men correct?

ok well like kaname said in chapter 49 i think.. page 16 kaname said he already knows that a part of her heart is attached to him (zero) and that he doesn't care, also knowing that she would suffer forever due to not being able to be with both at the same time ( now that would be considered a "slut" ).

Anyway.. my point is yuuki was with zero after who knows how long zero waited, he wasn't going to force her to return his feelings, so he waited. after that Zero passed away *TEARS* and Aidou - who continues the research kaname started for a cure to turn vampires into humans, helped yuuki in bringing back kaname's heart from the furnace, i'm guessing there are no more level-Es or troublesome vampires. so kaname wakes up as a human to receive the message from his daughter and step-son(so i assume).

all in all i think this was a very good manga and i love the ending seeing as kaname was released from a curse wrapped in blood and death that he lived for at least 10,000 years.

no, I am sorry the quality of the script is awful, people pay to buy this kind of story with no basic storyline, a good necessity that could justify the causes, a heroine that could make the difference in bringing salvations..they do pay, if she did it for free then yes that would be okay, even though even fanfictions (free ones) are better structured than VK's second arc. So wasted money in my opinion. Hino did not deserve this because a plot with such a mess anyone could do this. She can draw but not write. This is a fact for me.

Hino created expectations, I am not talking about the boys here, like script/plot expectations that she never delivered, just made them and then puff!! explosive explosive explosive explosive I am not against your opinion, personally I believe that Hino meant to describe a tragic love story where altruism and pure love surpasses the egos and the hates and there is the tragic bitter-sweet ending with the heroine giving her life to the one who gave also his life for her and that's it, there is a bond there bigger than time * so Hino highlighted this unparalleled bond many times, no complaints.

BUT there were many ways to show all these, many directions to go, and choose the worst where strings do not tie up with each other and so much more; slow development, wasted panels, wrong messages, unreasoned decisions that do not make sense because they contradict with prior notions, MG so much examples that I would not know how to go through it all.

I think that in overall all of this do count on how a reader sees/perceives the grand finale >

there was just one thing left for Yuuki to do so that she could justify her importance and this Hino did not allow it. So what is left? a very bitter taste that all amounted to nothing and all the second arc was just a hilarious chase after Kaname/ that did not achieve to change anything at the end. So what was the point after all? And what was the initial scope of everything?

I do not get it. Nobody does. And at least at the end there was some kind of expectation "Ah, she is going to fix one things or two...", but no, Hino could not even decide if she wanted an LT or a tragic love story or a tragic story with an LT.

With all this I do not think that the story is tragic but Hino indeed she was tragic.

She could have done much better work with so many years ahead to present a plot where the reader would not bang his head at the walls, after each turn page.

LOL, I did not mean to come out or you or anything but I feel that everybody here is justified to rant about the whole plot after so much torture. Do not misunderstand this, okay Razz

no misunderstanding from me X]and yes, everyone here is justified to rant about how they feel. i'm not trying to take away that or limit anyone.

the way i see it, yes they did go on a wild goose chase to stop kaname, but i think that this was a good story because it shows us that not everything goes as planned, things don't pan out in the end when you'r trying to kill yourself to save the one you love, even when the one you love is trying to stop you.

i guess the reason for me to think this way is because i'm trying to see it through the characters eyes, how they feel and, how being in that situation forces you to rush a little and forget things. like when you said

"BUT there were many ways to show all these, many directions to go, and choose the worst where strings do not tie up with each other and so much more; slow development, wasted panels, wrong messages, unreasoned decisions that do not make sense because they contradict with prior notions, MG so much examples that I would not know how to go through it all."

oh! and this one is a question ; what did you mean when you wrote this: "there was just one thing left for Yuuki to do so that she could justify her importance and this Hino did not allow it."

what was the one thing left for her to do?
    chacile
    chacile
    Level-E
    Level-E

Post by chacile Sat May 25, 2013 8:59 pm

I'll be reposting this:

Since the day bits of raws came out, finally my mind is back in order.. devoid of the disgust I initially felt..

The ending really surprised and disappointed me, to say the least. But then, the fact that it made me cries a lot must have meant that it was good in a way.

What moved me the most was Yuuki’s VERY PITIABLE PLIGHT as reflected in the final chapter. As Nina mentioned somewhere, it was fine not to have found love because you can only wonder what it would be like. However, it’s different when the love you desire most was given to you, tasted it and lived it thinking that it will be forever when suddenly it fly out of your grasp, failing to capture it back even when you did everything with all your might. Unlike the wolf who never tasted the grapes, Yuuki knew, felt and experience the immensity of Kaname’s love for her.. the person she had been pining for all her life. Even though, it wasn’t in any way perfect or normal and outright selfish (Yuuki accepting all of Kaname’s faults beyond bounds without any string intention of leaving his side).. It was the kind of love that they have and he was that kind of person who she intended to live with all her eternity. For a young girl like Yuuki, selfishness would rule her mind just as she had demonstrated and I cannot blame her for it is natural because while she haven’t experienced much about life.. she’s already experiencing what it would be like thinking that Kaname will always remain by her side. Unfortunately for her, the other person was Kaname.. whose selflessness is boundless. Yuuki’s selfishness lost to his selflessness, leaving her devastated beyond compare.

I can only wonder why did Hino make her precious heroine suffer such a tragic fate? Looking back, all Yuuki ever wanted is to be with Kaname, and when she’s had him, she only looked forward to continue being together with him even though their times together was full of difficulties and compromise. Could it be that Hino just thought that she made Kaname too immense a character that Yuuki isn’t even worth more than a year or two with him or was it because she’s in tight bind to have rushed it rashly.. I wouldn’t know.

Though I have more complaints about how the other characters ended, I’ll just keep it as that since I’m consoled with the fact that Kaname lives on without having to squint his eyes under the sun anymore and Zero having a happy life with the woman he only love after all the hardships he’s had. Yuuki and Kaname are the two faces of this story. Yuuki who started happily and ended tragically, while Kaname had it doomed at the start and got to have the promise of happiness at the end.. Now that everything ended, cover page of ch89 made sense.. tragic black rose while the two of them are clinging to each other even though they are already bound together with the heavy cuffs. It was their tragic love and their bond that no one can ever break for all eternity. And just as Yuuki opened her eyes in ch1 with Kaname’s beautiful visage as her beginning.. she held Kaname’s cheek as they normally do and had her eyes closed eternally for him..Literally making him her beginning and her end.

PS: As for the Bloody Rose, I find it funny that Yuuki put it to the Kiryuu’s grave when it was Kaname’s in the first place, Zero lost possession of it when the furnace took it immediately after Kaname lost consciousness.. or maybe, because BR had always been associated with Zero since ch1, thus making it his symbol.
    Majestical
    Human

Post by Majestical Sat May 25, 2013 9:33 pm

I have been following this site faithfully since starting VK from chapter 80 thoroughly onwards.
    Not only do I feel like I wasted my years away...but also as though my heart has just exploded from mini heart-attacks. Though Hino had a beautiful plot in mind at the beggining, I don't believe how crappy the masterpiece turned out to be. Evil or Very Mad
    Seriously WTF is this? Kaname giving his blessing to Zero and Yuki, after apparently knocking his sister up and not thinking about what his future child may think? Oh wait..ofcourse not because he wouldn't have foreseen that HE APPARENTLY GOES INTO SLUMBER FOR 1000 YEARS, WAKING UP WITH NO FRIGGING MEMORY!
    And Zero. . .what happened to you Zero? Instantly agreeing to be Yuki's rebound guy? sSic_stretcher
    I loved Zero alot in this manga, and I kept believing that he would have a great role. Not only did my hopes crash, but my love for him died a little. Couldn't he have moved on from Yuki, who clearly didn't deserve him?! Seriously I would have been 100 times happier if the manga ended with Zero somehow heroically dying instead. At least he would have lived up to his title of "Vampire knight"!! Sad
    How could Zero be so obsessed with the woman who was clearly obsessed with her sleeping love? How could Zero withstand being the second choice? How could have he accepted that woman who gave her innocence away to his life-long love rival? Damn Zero..this is not you...not you at all. Being a Zero fan, I felt this like a punch in his beautiful face, and I am positive even the Yume fans would agree. Zero didn't deserve this cruelty at all. And the way he was depicted at the end..being all "Say you'll go with me" was bullshit. Zero would NEVER say that as he would surely give Yuki time after her lover apparently died. By Hino doing this, she portrayed poor Zero as a heartless, selfish beast. WHICH HE IS NOT, OKAY? VK 93 Full Raws and Translation - Page 3 2154643180
    Zero sweetheart...why didn't you come to me instead? VK 93 Full Raws and Translation - Page 3 2747345646
    And Kaname....how I loved and admired the guy. Don't get me wrong...I still do. I just can't accept the fact that the obsessive lover would ever peacefully let go of the woman he sweared to protect all his life. Wasn't the whole PURPOSE of Kaname's life revolved around protecting Yuki and staying by her side? He was a goddamn pureblood, the KING of purebloods, and yet his decision was to throw his own heart into the furnace? Couldn't he have ordered a replacement for god's sake? What about Isaya..the good for nothing waste of space? It's obvious the pureblood would happily succumb to Kaname if he was ordered to throw his heart out. Stupid useless man... VK 93 Full Raws and Translation - Page 3 3622367455
    Yuki...damn I wish she had died instead at the end. I was hoping of an ending in which she would heal Kaname someway...like ripping her own heart out and placing it into Kaname's chest. Or better yet, shove Kaname out of the way, plunge her claws into herself and extract that pathetic excuse of pureblood heart to throw into the furnace. *Insert manical laugh* Twisted Evil And then, while dying in Kaname's arms she would call Zero and hug him saying "Promise me you both will get along after I am gone" to which both would agree and peace between vampires and hunters would exist ever stronger than before ^-^ (KaZe ending..? o.o)
    To me, Yuki's decision at the end was the most dumbest ever. Sure, turning Kaname into human by ending her own life may have been some sort of bittersweet romance, but seriously WTF woman? VK 93 Full Raws and Translation - Page 3 3621428690
    Have you thought what would happen if Kaname regains his memories? Huh? HUH? What if he tries killing himself again? What if he turns back into a pureblood (considering his daughter is one)? God forbid his loneliness, coupled with his daughter's 'Yuki-like' looks make him succumb to marrying his own daughter to keep the pureblood line going *Shudder* It's uncomfortable enough that the plot revolved on slightly incestuous themes, but this is just..I can't....
    .....And Zero's son aka his step-son being his best man.....
    ......Zero would be so proud.....NOT sFun_banghead2

Let's face it....Kanama the human is not the same as Kaname the PUREBLOOD. I bet if Kaname would ever regain his memories, he would despise the fact that he was once a human. No king would like to know that in his previous life he was actually a low-life beggar.

Yuki's final act proves what a hopeless mother she turned out to be. (Good grief, to think she could have at least done something good in her life later on >.>) I mean, which mother would readily sacrifice herself in front of her children who are barely mature? Especially the son, who would die early anyway, being a half-pureblood.
    The ending was, to say simply, abnormally unbelivable.
    Where the f*** was Takuma my love? He was Kaname's childhood BEST FRIEND and yet not once was he depicted in the chapter. How is this justice to him? How?
    Will Kaname end up as an oblivious single father? Or will they all again be taken under the wing of Cross?
    Who the heck did Yori marry? Kaito?
    What would happen to the daughter, who would then live immortally, losing both her brother and mother in exchange for a father who barely knows her? Surely she would either turn her father back into a pureblood or turn into a human herself. Alleluia. Although she inherited her mother's looks, I hope the rest is from Kaname. VK 93 Full Raws and Translation - Page 3 3751784264
    What happened to Aido (the character that I enjoyed the most)? Pity he didn't have enough role. I am sure a side story with him would have brought the rating of this manga sky high.
    On the bittersweet end:
    We get to see that Kain and Ruka end up together along with Shiki and Rima. Everyone expected it so..meh...
    Kaname is alive! VK 93 Full Raws and Translation - Page 3 1713890440
    At least a few good things may come out of Kaname's transformation. He would no longer live through pain and anguish...the burden of responsibilities. He may finally experience the light side and settle down with a normal human girl who would not be yo-yoing between two guys >.> VK 93 Full Raws and Translation - Page 3 3892208978
    Before dying at least Yuki said something good about Zero, her HUSBAND. It is possible that she may have gained romantic feelings for Zero after years passed, bearing his child as well. C'mon, which girl would resisit a loving, handsome husband? One who would accept her even though fully knowing he was not her first choice? One who would happily be a father figure to the child of his wife and love rival? VK 93 Full Raws and Translation - Page 3 812189494
    Yuki's sacrifice also proved her ever-lasting love for Kaname, hoping he would experience a new life of joy, own self joining Zero in the after life.
    Hino surely has a great talent of drawing. Pity her story line was not as good.
    Fine of Fate
    Fine of Fate
    Level-E
    Level-E

Humor : Irony: There is nothing better than poetic justice!

Post by Fine of Fate Sun May 26, 2013 1:43 am

Oh well, there is always the possibility that Hino didn't get to put everything she wanted into the monthly releases and that the volumes will have more adds and side chapters regarding Zeki, Taki and Co.
    Katt
    Katt
    Human

Post by Katt Sun May 26, 2013 3:56 am

Majestical wrote:
    Let's face it....Kanama the human is not the same as Kaname the PUREBLOOD. I bet if Kaname would ever regain his memories, he would despise the fact that he was once a human. No king would like to know that in his previous life he was actually a low-life beggar.

{...}

Yuki's final act proves what a hopeless mother she turned out to be. (Good grief, to think she could have at least done something good in her life later on >.>) I mean, which mother would readily sacrifice herself in front of her children who are barely mature? Especially the son, who would die early anyway, being a half-pureblood.
    What would happen to the daughter, who would then live immortally, losing both her brother and mother in exchange for a father who barely knows her? Surely she would either turn her father back into a pureblood or turn into a human herself. Alleluia. Although she inherited her mother's looks, I hope the rest is from Kaname.

Kaname was creating the cure for vampirism, why would he despise the fact that he was human? In fact he preferred to see Yuki human because she was at least happy, ignorant and safe. He was never happy as King, it was stated how miserable/alone he was before Yuki came along. Along with the fact that initially he lived with humans, curing them with his powers/blood. And that he gave his heart to the furnace to make sure the hunters had weapons against vampires. I find it difficult to believe that he would despise being human. We don't know if he has his memories or not (considering how his 'daughter' stated at the end that Yuki (although not named) gave his life for him). Unless that was another plot hole on Hino's part, it'd be odd for the daughter to say that to a man with no memories. Idk. Either way, I think that being human frees him of the 'horrors of being a vampire', IMO I think he deserves to escape the vicious cycle.

As well, the daughter is approx. 1000 years old. I'm sure that's more then mature for her to see her mother sacrifice herself. Not to say that it's not selfish of Yuki to do so, but I like to think that her children understand. As well, the Zeki boy might be around 100 years old if not older. No one knows. But being a vampire, they mature much faster than humans, we can't say they're still children.

For the kids being a pureblood and noble, I assumed that they were given the cure to become human or would eventual do so. It would be a lonely existence to live for eternity alone (especially for the daughter). And considering it was said that the purebloods were now even fewer in number, and they can now become human without another pureblood dieing... yah I don't think she'd remain a vampire. Add to the fact that we saw through the manga how many of the purebloods either killed themselves or went to sleep because of the despair they experienced of living so long. I'm sure she wouldn't turn Kaname into a vampire since it would render Yuki's sacrifice pointless.

Obviously a lot of this is based on speculation based on events that happened in the manga.

Last edited by Katt on Sun May 26, 2013 6:36 am; edited 1 time in total
    norngpinky
    norngpinky
    Level-E
    Level-E

Post by norngpinky Sun May 26, 2013 6:30 am

How and where did the pureblood vampires/ancestors originate from?

Noble vampires can still create their own families, right? So even if they can't turn humans into vampires they can still populate the vampire race like how humans do it.

I think the best bet is that the daughter is Kaname and Yuuki's child. So she's a pureblood. Not human yet, just in case Kaname goes through what Yuuki went through in her human phase. If for some unfortunate event that Kaname tries to retrieve his old memories or come to that place, the daughter can just turn him into a pureblood wihtout having him go through the agony.

3rd time's the charm, right?

OR I'd like to think that Yuuki will be reincarnated and the new Yuuki and Kaname will fall in love with each other again. They're made for one another and it's just too tragic to think that they couldn't be together despite how much they wanted to.

But still doesn't erase the fact that the ending was a lot less than desirable.

Reading the above posts...made me think of comparing Hino and Yuuki. Yuuki's failure to do anything in the end...like Hino's own failture to bring about her story. Maybe Hino actually sees herself in Yuuki...that she desires for X, but instead she ends up with Y.
    mariangie
    mariangie
    Pureblood Vampire
    Pureblood Vampire

Humor : Mad Doctor

Post by mariangie Sun May 26, 2013 7:23 am

Random rants
    I think Zero died a long time before Yuuki chosen to sacrifice herself . How long , no idea . If Zero lived as much as a noble vampire did . His life span could be something between 500 to 800 years , maybe 900 . But no more than that .

Why I think he died at least several years before Yuuki did ? 
He died as vampire . Yuuki had nothing to bury . Nor Zero had a proper tomb ( no vampire did ) . This means he died before the vampirism cure was finished . Because I think Zero would had liked to spend being human again , even for a tiny bit of time .

The final purpose of the cure for vampirism was to extinct all vampires . Yuuki wanted for Kaname to awaken in a world without vampires . Except for her kids , in the event of requiring performing the turning human spell over Kaname a second time. Also she need her kids to live as long as was required for her to perform the turning to human spell . She need those kids to guide , watch and introduce Kaname to a new world where he knew anything nor anybody . Most probably all the people he knew from his past had already died .

For vampires to become almost extinct , many years had to pass . Most probably , many vampires accept the cure without problems . As probably did any ex - Night Class member if he / she was alive at that time . But some had to resist and probably hunters end doing a ” witch hunt ” ( really a “vampire hunt” ) to eliminate the rebels . Some vampires end in hiding or in slumber . Yuuki won’t dare to awaken Kaname until she was almost sure none of the former enemies of Kaname would taken revenge on Kaname as soon as he was revived . Yuuki could even wanted to wait until she was sure most purebloods died after living as humans or were killed .

This means for a world becoming almost ” vampire free ” , many years had to pass . Maybe more than a hundred years . And Zero died before the cure was complete .

Bloody Rose was in bad shape when Yuuki put it in Ichiru and the twins parents tomb . Bloody Rose was Zero’s pride . He would keep it in excellent shape until his final days . But Yuuki won’t know or care to take care of a gun after his owner died .

Yuuki kept Bloody Rose as her memento of Zero . If she was going to die . She wanted Zero’s memento to be with his other family instead of her . She knew Zero would like to be buried in his family tomb , but couldn’t .

A weird thing about the coexistence theme . In reality , it was never a true coexistence . But more of tolerance for a group who behaved as the hunters wanted and a declared war for any vampire who become renegade . With the final purpose of extinct vampires by getting them to see it was better to become human and integrate in human society or be hunt and killed .

When the hunters goal of eliminating almost all vampires , except for Yuuki and her kids ( they always tolerated that strange pureblood who ended marrying their past president ) . At that moment they declared there was no need for more vampire weapons and could destroy the furnace . Until that happened , the hunters wouldn’t allow Yuuki to remove Kaname’s heart from his sin’s atonement in the furnace .

About the secondary characters : we don’t get a lot of information . We know by sure Rima and Senri and Ruka and Akatsuki become couples . Apparently Yori’s misterious fiancé happened to be Kaito . She end her studies . probably was a housewife . She kept her friendship with Yuuki until her death . Grow old and had family and grandsons . Kaito continues to be a teacher / hunter . Maria knew Zero won’t ever love her and step up without a fight . Cross continues to be chairman until his death . Takuma continues to visit Kaname’s ice tomb until his death . Aidou spend all his life as researcher to find a cure for vampirism using Kaname’s previous research .Probably Seiren worked with the hunters and continued to guard Kaname’s body until she died .Yagari and her become friends / coworkers . Sara’s girls spend their lives as stabilized vampires on blood tablets .

There are things I can speculate : As tablets were perfected . Most vampires ended using them and attacks to humans began to diminish . Most or all of the ex - Night Class members who were alive at the time the vampirism cure was available , took them and die as humans .

Takuma become a vampire leader . His companies were the ones to develop the vampirism cure . He married , but never forget his love for Sara nor his promise to be the witness of Kaname’s fate . So his visits to Kaname are part of this promise . Maybe he became human as soon the first batch of good vampirism cure available .

Aidou never marries . He love for Kaname won’t fade nor he wanted to find another person for him . He became a top researcher . Deep in his work . Probably he tried the vampire cure as test subject . So he died as human .

Senri and Rima become famous actors / models . They marry . Senri get closer to his cousin Yuuki and eventually become good friends of the Kiryuu family .

Ruka and Akatsuki marry . Maybe they helped Aidou with his research . As they continued to help continuing their former friend Kaname work . If they were alive at the time cure was available . They took it as soon as possible .
    nina
    nina
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Post by nina Sun May 26, 2013 8:09 pm

chacile wrote:I'll be reposting this:

Since the day bits of raws came out, finally my mind is back in order.. devoid of the disgust I initially felt..

The ending really surprised and disappointed me, to say the least. But then, the fact that it made me cries a lot must have meant that it was good in a way.

What moved me the most was Yuuki’s VERY PITIABLE PLIGHT as reflected in the final chapter. As Nina mentioned somewhere, it was fine not to have found love because you can only wonder what it would be like. However, it’s different when the love you desire most was given to you, tasted it and lived it thinking that it will be forever when suddenly it fly out of your grasp, failing to capture it back even when you did everything with all your might. Unlike the wolf who never tasted the grapes, Yuuki knew, felt and experience the immensity of Kaname’s love for her.. the person she had been pining for all her life. Even though, it wasn’t in any way perfect or normal and outright selfish (Yuuki accepting all of Kaname’s faults beyond bounds without any string intention of leaving his side).. It was the kind of love that they have and he was that kind of person who she intended to live with all her eternity. For a young girl like Yuuki, selfishness would rule her mind just as she had demonstrated and I cannot blame her for it is natural because while she haven’t experienced much about life.. she’s already experiencing what it would be like thinking that Kaname will always remain by her side. Unfortunately for her, the other person was Kaname.. whose selflessness is boundless. Yuuki’s selfishness lost to his selflessness, leaving her devastated beyond compare.

I can only wonder why did Hino make her precious heroine suffer such a tragic fate? Looking back, all Yuuki ever wanted is to be with Kaname, and when she’s had him, she only looked forward to continue being together with him even though their times together was full of difficulties and compromise. Could it be that Hino just thought that she made Kaname too immense a character that Yuuki isn’t even worth more than a year or two with him or was it because she’s in tight bind to have rushed it rashly.. I wouldn’t know.

Though I have more complaints about how the other characters ended, I’ll just keep it as that since I’m consoled with the fact that Kaname lives on without having to squint his eyes under the sun anymore and Zero having a happy life with the woman he only love after all the hardships he’s had. Yuuki and Kaname are the two faces of this story. Yuuki who started happily and ended tragically, while Kaname had it doomed at the start and got to have the promise of happiness at the end.. Now that everything ended, cover page of ch89 made sense.. tragic black rose while the two of them are clinging to each other even though they are already bound together with the heavy cuffs. It was their tragic love and their bond that no one can ever break for all eternity. And just as Yuuki opened her eyes in ch1 with Kaname’s beautiful visage as her beginning.. she held Kaname’s cheek as they normally do and had her eyes closed eternally for him..Literally making him her beginning and her end.

PS: As for the Bloody Rose, I find it funny that Yuuki put it to the Kiryuu’s grave when it was Kaname’s in the first place, Zero lost possession of it when the furnace took it immediately after Kaname lost consciousness.. or maybe, because BR had always been associated with Zero since ch1, thus making it his symbol.

Aaah chaci... so touching! I can't contain my feels *sob*
    sLo_BigBearHug sLo_Iloveyou
    Katt
    Katt
    Human

Post by Katt Sun May 26, 2013 10:28 pm

mariangie wrote:Random rants

Bloody Rose was in bad shape when Yuuki put it in Ichiru and the twins parents tomb . Bloody Rose was Zero’s pride . He would keep it in excellent shape until his final days . But Yuuki won’t know or care to take care of a gun after his owner died .

Yuuki kept Bloody Rose as her memento of Zero . If she was going to die . She wanted Zero’s memento to be with his other family instead of her . She knew Zero would like to be buried in his family tomb , but couldn’t .

I think the reason why the bloody rose was in 'bad shape' was because it had somewhat disintegrated after Kaname's heart was placed in the furnace (pg. 26, we see the Bloody Rose smoking in Zero's hand and he drops it, it's then all shaded and looks like it's disappearing. Afterwards we see the vines explode from the building and Zero arrives with no gun), just like Yuki's Artemis rod got destroyed at the end. Because a new heart was placed in the furnace, a lot of the older weapons got destroyed (so they would have to make new ones) as said in page 41 "...power of the hunter has also increased after gaining new and powerful weapons...". All that was left were pieces of the weapon that we have to assume Yuki was able to salvage. It is quite possible that she only managed to find it after Zero's death, and once she decided that she would sacrifice herself for Kaname, she decided to say her goodbye to Zero by bringing 'the last memento of him' to Ichiru's grave.
    nina
    nina
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Post by nina Mon May 27, 2013 12:12 am

Katt wrote:
    mariangie wrote:Random rants

I think the reason why the bloody rose was in 'bad shape' was because it had somewhat disintegrated after Kaname's heart was placed in the furnace (pg. 26, we see the Bloody Rose smoking in Zero's hand and he drops it, it's then all shaded and looks like it's disappearing. Afterwards we see the vines explode from the building and Zero arrives with no gun), just like Yuki's Artemis rod got destroyed at the end. Because a new heart was placed in the furnace, a lot of the older weapons got destroyed (so they would have to make new ones) as said in page 41 "...power of the hunter has also increased after gaining new and powerful weapons...". All that was left were pieces of the weapon that we have to assume Yuki was able to salvage. It is quite possible that she only managed to find it after Zero's death, and once she decided that she would sacrifice herself for Kaname, she decided to say her goodbye to Zero by bringing 'the last memento of him' to Ichiru's grave.

Zero threw the BR in the furnace (middle panel) >> http://www.mangareader.net/vampire-knight/93/26
    … which merged with Kaname’s heart thus the enormous “explosion” of veins afterwards.

I suppose after the furnace was put out she retrieved what remained from the BR.
    Narutomanga1234
    Human

Post by Narutomanga1234 Mon May 27, 2013 1:30 am

W Crying or Very sad Wait!!? what about the hooded woman hino has still not answered that question for us.
    aisan4494
    aisan4494
    Level-E
    Level-E

Post by aisan4494 Mon May 27, 2013 1:56 am

Narutomanga1234 wrote:W Crying or Very sad Wait!!? what about the hooded woman hino has still not answered that question for us.

sSc_jawdrop3 I have exactly the same question... and many more.. for example how is it possible for VK 93 Full Raws and Translation - Page 3 2289681036 Kaname to say "I want you to to be together?" pale confused honestly people please answer me!!! I can't believe she finished the manga like that!!!!! sFun_banghead2 explosive What about Kaname now... again alone all alone... and without memories (if the same thing happen to him as it happened to Yuki years ago when her mother did the same thing)
    Katt
    Katt
    Human

Post by Katt Mon May 27, 2013 3:34 am

nina wrote:
    Zero threw the BR in the furnace (middle panel) >> http://www.mangareader.net/vampire-knight/93/26
    … which merged with Kaname’s heart thus the enormous “explosion” of veins afterwards.

I suppose after the furnace was put out she retrieved what remained from the BR.

Ahh *nods* looking at it more closely that's where it went. It almost looks like smoke from the furnace is actually 'tugging' on the gun.

But page 46 said "today's the day when the furnace's fire will be put out" after Yuki placed the BR on the grave, so if it wasn't 'put out' how did she retrieve the gun? Or how is the furnace even 'turned off' in the first place? So Yuki can just stroll in, take Kaname's heart (and/or BR before hand) and pouf the fire is out? lol. scratch Or they just douse it with water and it's finite-o, lol, it would seem a bit silly for the 'mystical and powerful furnace' that give power to special weapons.
    kaoruhio
    Human

Post by kaoruhio Mon May 27, 2013 8:42 am

I can’t really say that I am extremely satisfied with this ending. But I am grateful for the many happy, exciting, and even sad moments that this manga has given me. Therefore I thank Mastsuri Hino for writing this story.

The heroine of the story, Yuuki, has the most tragic ending that Hino could have possibly given her. Yuuki obviously loves both Kaname and Zero very much so it is obviously that she will be in pain forever regardless of whomever she chooses and that her thirst will never be fully quench as she even stated herself. So Yuuki was doomed since the beginning to begin with. Despite being happy with Zero for the last 1,000 years, Yuuki also lived with an unquenched thirst. And knowing how Yuuki is, a part of her heart will always mourn for Kaname. That is not a true happy ending.

Although I’m a Kaname fan, I still love Zero very much. The only good thing that came out of this ending is Zero. He gets to spend 1,000 years with the girl that he loves dearly and raised 2 children with her (although the girl is not his, I know Zero will love her nonetheless). I’m truly happy for Zero because he deserves nothing less. I know many people are complaining about Zero getting the ‘leftover’, but I don’t think Zero will be anywhere near as happy with another woman than being with Yuuki. So for Zero this is the happiest ending that he could’ve possibly received from Hino.

I both agree and disagree with Kaname being turned into a human. If looked upon the situation positively, then it is that his thirst can now be fully quench, he can have a third chance of living again to enjoy the life that he deserves, and he can forget his 10,000+ years of sorrow. For Kaname, not remembering his past can be a blessing because let’s be frank his entire life hasn’t been a party. Although he loves Yuuki very much, he also harbors great guilt due to all the terrible things he did to protect her. Kaname will always feel undeserving and guilty when facing Yuuki. So maybe forgetting her is good thing in order to truly free him from his guilt, pain, and sorrow. When put aside all the positive aspects, I am left with a very dejected feeling. Yuuki did the one thing that Kaname dreaded the most- sacrificing herself. How ironic that Kaname spent the entire series protecting her only to have Yuuki sacrificing herself for the person who protected her.

I feel that Isaya should’ve show up and turn Kaname into a human at the end to serve the purpose of his character. Yuuki can then take the cure and live with Kaname along with the 2 children for the remainder of their human lifespan. With this scenario, Kaname can still live and enjoy his human life, end his long and endless journey, and his thirst can be fully quench. He can still see the world that Yuuki saw when she was a human. What’s more Yuuki is by his side to walk the remainder of their days. I don't see anything wrong with Yuuki living with Kaname now that Zero died because she did have children by both men. I fail to comprehend why Isaya’s life was wasted when Hino already put in the effort to introduce him to the storyline.

Yuuki perhaps love Kaname more than Zero, but after 1,000 years of living with Zero, I think she now loves both of them equally. I see the real ending to be when Kaname dies from his old age, he can reunite with both Yuuki and Zero in the afterlife and all three can be truly happy.

VK plot line started to decline from volume 10 which is the end of the Rido arc. I think the reason for this is Matsuri Hino inexperience in writing a long running manga. Her longest manga before VK is Captive Heart at 5 volume. It is plausible for Hino for being able to write 10 volume of VK with a very good plot line. I guess she just ran out of steam and encountered a writer's block after Rido's arc. In conclusion, I wish that she could've keptup the good work till the very end instead of getting tired in the middle.

Last edited by kaoruhio on Mon May 27, 2013 8:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
    kanachanimmortal
    kanachanimmortal
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Post by kanachanimmortal Mon May 27, 2013 10:11 am

i don't understand how can anyone be satisfied with this ending.this ending was pure tragic and no one got happiness,seriously no one.
    yuuki,well i can't say anything about this girl,such a failure that i see any other heroine better than her.
    zero,i think his ending should have been as human,this was the thing shizuka took from him due to kaname,it would have been better if he lived as a human happy.i don't understand how he could be truly happy raising kaname's girl and every night seeing guilt in yuuki's memories as he obviously would drink her blood.
    kaname,well .............i can say he has a chance now to have a happy life......so.......................in a way i am glad,kana chan never deserved that stupid failure heroine,he was such a strong character that it would be a stain on his pride.yes........kana chan and power goes parallel. cheers

nina
    nina
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Post by nina Mon May 27, 2013 4:30 pm

Katt wrote:
    nina wrote:

Ahh *nods* looking at it more closely that's where it went. It almost looks like smoke from the furnace is actually 'tugging' on the gun.

But page 46 said "today's the day when the furnace's fire will be put out" after Yuki placed the BR on the grave, so if it wasn't 'put out' how did she retrieve the gun? Or how is the furnace even 'turned off' in the first place? So Yuki can just stroll in, take Kaname's heart (and/or BR before hand) and pouf the fire is out? lol. scratch Or they just douse it with water and it's finite-o, lol, it would seem a bit silly for the 'mystical and powerful furnace' that give power to special weapons.

Honestly; either way it doesn't make any sense, cuz once the gun was thrown in the furnace logically the metal should’ve had melted completely... not to mention after years and years. (another point is that all the old weapons, including Artemis destroyed instantly so hm… why only a piece of metal of the BR remained? I'll refrain from making parallelisms/symbolisms as for why… Razz Razz Razz )

But is this the only one that it doesn't make any sense? No... it's Hino's paradoxical world after all... Razz Razz Razz
    chacile
    chacile
    Level-E
    Level-E

Post by chacile Mon May 27, 2013 6:43 pm

nina wrote:
    Honestly; either way it doesn't make any sense, cuz once the gun was thrown in the furnace logically the metal should’ve had melted completely... not to mention after years and years. (another point is that all the old weapons, including Artemis destroyed instantly so hm… why only a piece of metal of the BR remained? I'll refrain from making parallelisms/symbolisms as for why… Razz Razz Razz )

But is this the only one that it doesn't make any sense? No... it's Hino's paradoxical world after all... Razz Razz Razz

To me it doesn’t seem like the BR was thrown off, rather, it was taken from Zero’s hand by a hand like form (which is similar to Kaname’s arm with trench coat) of the new furnace. My guess as to why it did not totally melt and was able to retain a decent form was because the BR is a weapon which had previously preyed upon Kaname’s blood, seeing that its true form and that of the furnace is that of a wolf which is one of Kaname’s alter egos aside from the bats. While Kaname mentioned that it was one of the first ones he made out of the deposits, he called out to the BR reminding it of his blood. Since purebloods will always remain the owner of such blood no matter where it’s put, it can be possible that the BR is also something that has a part of Kaname in it, thus explaining that after he lost his consciousness.. the furnace immediately took hold of it making it a part of the whole. king

and this part is another re-post:

Regarding the LT, the discussions can go up to infinity because we were given a highly controversial ending, thus disappointing the many. Indeed Zeki became the endgame because of the glaring fact that they are the ones who got to spend times together, at least until Zero’s death. What makes that end pairing sad to the readers is also the glaring fact that its backdrop is the tragic love of Yume which unfortunately has been thoroughly emphasized over and over again. Indeed Zero got Yuuki, but the way it was portrayed did not even amount to a meager 2pgs out of the 52pgs of ch93, and even at the end Yuuki never even said that she also loves Zero at least on the same level or more than that of Kaname, considering presumably that Zeki spend more times together.. in the end, what Yuuki did is to mention that Zero gave her a lot of happiness. If Hino really did not have the intention of making Zero a second option, then she could have done away Kaname’s words of wanting the two of them together.. she could have used different words rather than making Zero say that even until his body turned to dust, it’s fine just so Yuuki will say that she’ll go with him, or make Yuuki say that she choose Zero even at least in that last chapter. However, none of them happened.. we were given an ending where Yuuki begged Kaname that she can’t even imagine a world without hearing his voice, had Kaname beg her not to stop him anymore and say that he wants Zeki be together, and Zero asking Yuuki for it. It’s as if Zeki was given the face while the rest was given to Yume.

Even so, I don’t pity Zero.. though he’s had a sad sob story throughout the manga, because it’s the life that he had chosen.. He chose Yuuki, knowing that her heart and eyes will never be truly his. He knows that the one Yuuki truly wanted was Kaname, that is why in ch92, he told Kaname to follow his heart and not cause sorrow to Yuuki.. not only sadness but sorrow.. what makes the Zeki ending passable to the mind of the readers are the fleeting moments that they’ve shared across the wide spread of Yume’s mutual and possessive (others call “sick”) love.

Though Yuuki loves Zero in some ways, that love didn’t move her to chose him over Kaname, when Kaname is an option.. Maybe we can say that Yuuki might have been too used in falling in love with Kaname that even if she wanted to, she can never consider others as important as him in her life (not a surprise because he's always been there ever since she was born and her parents had her born for Kaname). When Yuuki and Zero separated in ch47, Yuuki was able to hide her tears enduring the situation she was in.. but when Kaname first left her, she went half crazed and this ch93 separation did not do her any better. The only instance where Yuuki had considered Zero is when she mentioned of “what ifs” for the two of them but sadly she immediately took her memory of her off him. This and how she said that Kaname could have just wiped off her memories of Zero rather than Kaname leaving and shoving her away. Also, while Zero get the first bite.. she offered her all to Kaname and is willing to lose everything for him. Yuuki is selfish, that much is true.. and Hino-sensei even made her male protagonists accommodate her selfishness. But she’s also pitiable.. unable to get what she truly wanted with her own strength..

As regards, Kaname and Zero.. the difference between them is way too huge. Kaname has the burden of being the king among his kind while favoring humans all along and has been carrying it for the longest time.. thus explaining the contradiction within him making him unable to give genuine smile to Yuuki during their times together.. Kaname could have chosen the option of running away with Yuuki as advised by Takuma and Kaein, but he's way too committed to his responsibilities and visions so he let go of his selfishness and turned his back from the light just so others can have better lives.. whereas, Zero is only an average potential leader without much demands from the Hunter Association having lots of help and guidance from people around and when he finally got to be with Yuuki.. the world had been much easier to live in because of Kaname's sacrifice.

Perhaps, some can argue that at some point in time.. Yuuki loved Zero more than Kaname, thus allowing her to accept him.. but the fact that Hino gave us a story where Yuuki had always thought about Kaname at the beginning and at the end, told him that she’ll fall to the very farthest depths with him, had her use the words (“大好き” -- daisuki nano ni mokashi mo ima mo = I love you, be it in the past and now; “恋” -- zuto jibun no oniisan ni koishiteta = I’ve always been in love with my own brother and “愛” -- aisuru anata = you who I love) exclusively for Kaname, her attempt to lose her life for him and eventually doing so when she can't awaken him with the medicine, would always create a huge wall on such supposition. Japanese normally don't express their love openly instead they believe that love can be expressed by manners. In VK, Yuuki did both only towards Kaname.. But then, a fan’s mind is free..

Thus, end my almost 6yrs of monthly anxiety for Vampire Knight. Oh Kuran Kaname-sama.. who cares about who’s the real vampire knight, you’re a LEGEND, no other character can ever compare.. I will forever remember VK through you, so for that I thank you Hino Matsuri-sensei from the bottom of my heart.
    kanachanimmortal
    kanachanimmortal
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Post by kanachanimmortal Mon May 27, 2013 7:02 pm

now it does not matter whom yuuki loved more,she died.now get over it.
    this whole love triangle bs destroyed this manga.
    hino was stupid,she never gave a tinch of hint in first arc about this bs. sFun_banghead2
    Katt
    Katt
    Human

Post by Katt Tue May 28, 2013 1:02 am

kaoruhio wrote:
    I feel that Isaya should’ve show up and turn Kaname into a human at the end to serve the purpose of his character. Yuuki can then take the cure and live with Kaname along with the 2 children for the remainder of their human lifespan. With this scenario, Kaname can still live and enjoy his human life, end his long and endless journey, and his thirst can be fully quench. He can still see the world that Yuuki saw when she was a human. What’s more Yuuki is by his side to walk the remainder of their days. I don't see anything wrong with Yuuki living with Kaname now that Zero died because she did have children by both men. I fail to comprehend why Isaya’s life was wasted when Hino already put in the effort to introduce him to the storyline.

I never thought of that! Isaya was such a wasted character, what was even the point of having him there but for exposition - no, actually it was just to get our hopes up and then savagely dashed.
    I would have preferred Isaya have placed his heart in the furnace instead of Kaname. *sigh* But having Isaya show up at the end would have been equally good, then again it would portray Yuki in an even more selfish light - have someone else sacrifice themselves (no matter how willing) in order for her to be with the man she loves. *shrug* Although Yuki is practically the Queen of selfishness so I suppose it wouldn't have mattered. lol.

@chacile: I loved your reply. It got me right here *points to chest*, right at the heart. sLo_BigBearHug
    juliet
    juliet
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Humor : Anytime...

Post by juliet Tue May 28, 2013 9:04 am

oh! and this one is a question ; what did you mean when you wrote this: "there was just one thing left for Yuuki to do so that she could justify her importance and this Hino did not allow it."

well something....haha...

or anything...

this is a big weakness (at least as how I see it) in Yuuki's character in the story: no action/no decisions/ no actual importance.

She is the heroine of the story, she is supposed to have some kind of importance in the script, anything that could justify why she is the protagonist or in Yuuki's case at least why everybody acts (even her parents, Rido, Kaname, Zero even Cross from time to time) like she should be a protected or valuable piece of art.

She brought no change and this was supposed to be her story and her objectives.

Reading VK it's like the zoom of the writer's pen just changes and the weight moves from Yuuki to Kaname. Yuuki becomes background noise and what we had been watching for the past four years was after all Kaname's path, decision, story, objectives, wishes which he also managed to enforce in script contrary to common logic that was expecting Yuuki to make a difference and change his decision or stop him while the script reached its climax.

Instead of this, the heroine's own objectives and personal bet (that Hino build up with lines and promises to drag us with a carrot because there was and no other plot going around for the last two years) are all canceled and only after the main plot as an epilogue, you get to see a difference from Yuuki by sacrificing herself.

And VK ends with Kaname> so who is here the protagonist? and i am not saying this as a good trait, I am saying this is as a mistake.

The way Hino treated Yuuki to be a stagnant piece of drawing art and finally sacrificing her, says everything about what Yuuki had been in script for so long. A sacrifice> either Hino did it metaphorically by presenting her too weak, too vulnerable, too indecisive and too stagnant so that they boys could shine, either literally at the end of the script just to give to the play the dramatic tone that the author had in mind from the beginning, the impression that I got from Hino's yuuki was that of a deliberate dull background used only to create the needed contrast for the real stars to shine.

Unfortunately but yuuki never got to be the star herself, apart from the end and this again only for reasons of impressing the audience.

Ou now I got chills all over my spine - impressive heroine - that could be Yuuki, Ruka, Marta, Shila anything, even Shiki would do...LOL

And again, even with all of these, I would not have minded that much if Hino had not trolled us that much considering Yuuki's potentials and objectives and importance in the story, cause she trolled when she had nothing in hand that could really turn Yuuki here important, and this is a big NO-NO for a professional writer, unacceptable and lame work.

Either she should have a scenario and back up her heroine or shouldn't have build a heroine, let Kaname or Zero do the trick from the beginning, cause it seems that Yuuki had been a step in Kaname's way that he had to get it over so that the initial plan to be fulfilled. HIs path, his objectives, his ways...even if that was for her sake.

Honestly Hino writing could not have been more amateurish, childish, filled with troll script that only wanted to create drama for drama, and nothing more.

Oh can't believe what she did for four years...LOL imagine Hino sitting back lazy and just drawing Yuuki chasing Kaname (what an originality), she just knew the end, she knew that she had no plot and she filled all of these chapters in order to sell with nothing, no plot, no development, nothing.

I strongly believe that VK was not suddenly cut - there is no logic to it, if it had been cut suddenly Hino would not have made all of these chapters filled with absolutely garbage info that had no use for the readers. Instead having no plot to drag it, she had no other way to fill the time and space than stupid and useless info (Isaya, volcano, keys, Sara, ) that she knew that they would not have any kind of weight for the plot.

And now it's far more obvious because Yes nobody can find any kind of necessity in these or logic. Well don't try apart from them being filler elements they were not even used to support the script but Hino's empty space and time. BIG TROLL HERE!!
    kanachanimmortal
    kanachanimmortal
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Post by kanachanimmortal Tue May 28, 2013 3:07 pm

juliet wrote:

well something....haha...

or anything...

this is a big weakness (at least as how I see it) in Yuuki's character in the story: no action/no decisions/ no actual importance.

She is the heroine of the story, she is supposed to have some kind of importance in the script, anything that could justify why she is the protagonist or in Yuuki's case at least why everybody acts (even her parents, Rido, Kaname, Zero even Cross from time to time) like she should be a protected or valuable piece of art.

She brought no change and this was supposed to be her story and her objectives.

Reading VK it's like the zoom of the writer's pen just changes and the weight moves from Yuuki to Kaname. Yuuki becomes background noise and what we had been watching for the past four years was after all Kaname's path, decision, story, objectives, wishes which he also managed to enforce in script contrary to common logic that was expecting Yuuki to make a difference and change his decision or stop him while the script reached its climax.

Instead of this, the heroine's own objectives and personal bet (that Hino build up with lines and promises to drag us with a carrot because there was and no other plot going around for the last two years) are all canceled and only after the main plot as an epilogue, you get to see a difference from Yuuki by sacrificing herself.

And VK ends with Kaname> so who is here the protagonist? and i am not saying this as a good trait, I am saying this is as a mistake.

The way Hino treated Yuuki to be a stagnant piece of drawing art and finally sacrificing her, says everything about what Yuuki had been in script for so long. A sacrifice> either Hino did it metaphorically by presenting her too weak, too vulnerable, too indecisive and too stagnant so that they boys could shine, either literally at the end of the script just to give to the play the dramatic tone that the author had in mind from the beginning, the impression that I got from Hino's yuuki was that of a deliberate dull background used only to create the needed contrast for the real stars to shine.

Unfortunately but yuuki never got to be the star herself, apart from the end and this again only for reasons of impressing the audience.

Ou now I got chills all over my spine - impressive heroine - that could be Yuuki, Ruka, Marta, Shila anything, even Shiki would do...LOL

And again, even with all of these, I would not have minded that much if Hino had not trolled us that much considering Yuuki's potentials and objectives and importance in the story, cause she trolled when she had nothing in hand that could really turn Yuuki here important, and this is a big NO-NO for a professional writer, unacceptable and lame work.

Either she should have a scenario and back up her heroine or shouldn't have build a heroine, let Kaname or Zero do the trick from the beginning, cause it seems that Yuuki had been a step in Kaname's way that he had to get it over so that the initial plan to be fulfilled. HIs path, his objectives, his ways...even if that was for her sake.

Honestly Hino writing could not have been more amateurish, childish, filled with troll script that only wanted to create drama for drama, and nothing more.

Oh can't believe what she did for four years...LOL imagine Hino sitting back lazy and just drawing Yuuki chasing Kaname (what an originality), she just knew the end, she knew that she had no plot and she filled all of these chapters in order to sell with nothing, no plot, no development, nothing.

I strongly believe that VK was not suddenly cut - there is no logic to it, if it had been cut suddenly Hino would not have made all of these chapters filled with absolutely garbage info that had no use for the readers. Instead having no plot to drag it, she had no other way to fill the time and space than stupid and useless info (Isaya, volcano, keys, Sara, ) that she knew that they would not have any kind of weight for the plot.

And now it's far more obvious because Yes nobody can find any kind of necessity in these or logic. Well don't try apart from them being filler elements they were not even used to support the script but Hino's empty space and time. BIG TROLL HERE!!

that is the saddest thing about this whole manga,it was such a big troll.we could not imagine this type of bullshit ending till chapter 92,who else thought that no one will get happiness in the end.only akatsuki got true happiness in the end but who knows if ruka really loved him from her heart or her one part was still attached to kaname like yuuki.damn....and about shima...we never got to see a kiss or a huge development in them...and seiren what?She suddenly got together with yagari..i mean it seems like and aidou......
    every character proved useless in the end...no one served anything.......nothing actually...what was the use of hunters?these characters?just to troll us to give zeki by default.
    i want kaname back as pb and happily married to any vamp because it is what he is,he represents darkness..................................he can live without a half divided heart girl................
    HINO DOES NOT KNOW THE MEANING OF TRUE LOVE AT ALL. Evil or Very Mad

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:04 am