Vampire Knight & Manga Forum

In order to fully enjoy the board and it's function, you can always log in or sign up to an account. Thank you...

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

In order to fully enjoy the board and it's function, you can always log in or sign up to an account. Thank you...

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Α forum dedicated to Hino's Matsuri best-seller manga Vampire Knight and the manga we love

Gallery

Vampire Knight Chapter 74 Translation - Page 2 Empty

Latest topics

» Do you trust Hino?
Vampire Knight Chapter 74 Translation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2022 12:37 am by juliet

» Our Kaname is here!! Vampire Knight memories chapter 38
Vampire Knight Chapter 74 Translation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2022 12:35 am by juliet

» Vampire knight Memories 38
Vampire Knight Chapter 74 Translation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2022 4:18 am by juliet

» Where to Find Vampire Knight Memories Translation
Vampire Knight Chapter 74 Translation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2022 1:29 am by juliet

» The Final Countdown
Vampire Knight Chapter 74 Translation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2022 11:43 pm by juliet

» New VK Chapter is HERE!
Vampire Knight Chapter 74 Translation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 11, 2017 7:42 am by lililovelilica

» Links for Other Vampire Knight Forums and Sites that you like and enjoy!!
Vampire Knight Chapter 74 Translation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2016 7:25 pm by Saphira_K

» VK Memories CH 6!
Vampire Knight Chapter 74 Translation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2016 6:13 pm by Saphira_K

» VK Memories
Vampire Knight Chapter 74 Translation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2016 5:59 pm by Saphira_K

» New VK Chapter SPOILERS!
Vampire Knight Chapter 74 Translation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2016 5:47 pm by Saphira_K

» New VK Bonus Ch!!
Vampire Knight Chapter 74 Translation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2015 12:53 am by Saphira_K

» Translation of 'Fleeting Dreams'
Vampire Knight Chapter 74 Translation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2015 2:20 am by Saphira_K

» Bunko Editions
Vampire Knight Chapter 74 Translation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2015 2:18 am by Saphira_K

» New Vampire knight Extra
Vampire Knight Chapter 74 Translation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2015 2:15 am by Saphira_K

» The Musical (Original and Revive)
Vampire Knight Chapter 74 Translation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2015 2:40 am by Dreamiel

» NEW CHAPTER IN 2015?
Vampire Knight Chapter 74 Translation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2015 12:16 am by Unknown00

» Newbie in the forum...
Vampire Knight Chapter 74 Translation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2015 7:13 pm by aisan4494

» Who do you think Yuki loves more: Kaname or Zero?
Vampire Knight Chapter 74 Translation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2015 7:09 pm by aisan4494

» Zeki or Yume?
Vampire Knight Chapter 74 Translation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2015 7:04 pm by aisan4494

» So What will happen of Kaname?
Vampire Knight Chapter 74 Translation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2015 6:25 pm by matei alina

We and the Youtube

Poll

would you like to read a sequel of vk?or is hino thinking of writing one?
Vampire Knight Chapter 74 Translation - Page 2 Bar_left59%Vampire Knight Chapter 74 Translation - Page 2 Bar_right 59% [ 24 ]
Vampire Knight Chapter 74 Translation - Page 2 Bar_left27%Vampire Knight Chapter 74 Translation - Page 2 Bar_right 27% [ 11 ]
Vampire Knight Chapter 74 Translation - Page 2 Bar_left15%Vampire Knight Chapter 74 Translation - Page 2 Bar_right 15% [ 6 ]

Total Votes : 41

Friends

Terry Candy

+20
Victoria91
nateriver
mariangie
Seeker
keira
Knightmare
Rose.Petals
kanameknight95
VaahS
sweetsolace
aya-chan
VampireCythia
nina
Bloodredhead
Howl4fun
loveiszero
sari15
juliet
Anneliezz
witlessfool
24 posters

Vampire Knight Chapter 74 Translation

witlessfool
    witlessfool
    Level-E
    Level-E

Warning ZoneVampire Knight Chapter 74 Translation - Page 2 Dropsoa

Vampire Knight Chapter 74 Translation - Page 2 Empty Vampire Knight Chapter 74 Translation

Post by witlessfool Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:29 pm

First topic message reminder :

Same disclaimer as always: English translation of Chinese translation of Japanese is less accurate than direct English translation from Japanese. So take what I've done with a grain of salt. But the general gist is there. I've found that my translation is getting better the more I do so this did come out a low smoother than my previous translation projects. Brackets contains my interpretations of the dodgy areas.

Thanks to pkdesigner for the link to the raws.

Cover page:
    Finally arriving at the forefront...
    (Can be interpreted as “it’s finally here” or something like that)

Page One:
    Yuuki prepares to bite, withdraws, Zero looks at her. “Want to give up?”

Page Two:
    Yuuki looks at Zero. “No, it’s not that.”
    “I only want to take a good look at the face of the one I’m taking blood from, future president of the association.”
    “...I’m not biting Zero simply because he invited me to. Like Zero said, this terrible cause – eh...” (the word is definitely "cause" but I feel like it should be "this terrible thirst" *shrug* ah well)

Page Three:
    Still Yuuki, “Please help me... I really want Zero’s blood now. I... I’ve always suppressed my thirst.”
    “Only need a little bit... Because, if it’s enough to satisfy, then I can definitely work hard to become pureblood Kaname’s... .”
    To return to the past is no longer allowed...
    Zero stares. “Ah... If it’s not like that, then I would be interfering...”
    I can no longer restrain myself –

Page Four:
    Yuuki, “Zero is so calm, yet I’m so very nervous.”
    “Just for now, can Zero please don’t think about anything...”
    Zero, “It doesn’t matter. There’s nothing inside my heart that, if you peeped, would interfere...”

Page Five:
    Zero, “Your matter... I don’t think about it any longer...”
    “It’s only, occasionally, when your fragment inside me awakens... that thoughts of you would appear...”

Page Six:
    I don’t think about it anymore. Only occasionally, when your fragment inside me awakens...
    Real life Yuuki stares at the Yuuki inside Zero’s mind, who’s sitting on the tree root over a cemetery yard with a black wolf behind her.
    The Yuuki in Zero’s mind says, “It’s okay, don’t worry.”

Page Seven:
    The Yuuki in Zero’s mind, “The thing Zero’s most afraid of, is now sleeping deeply inside...”
    Real life Yuuki turns around to find Zero/Ichiru (hard to tell) behind her. He says, “There, protecting the coffin, is only a memory.”

Page Eight:
    Real-life Zero, with Yuuki drinking from him, “Hey, don’t peep inside me.”
    Yuuki withdraws.

Page Nine:
    Yuuki, “I didn’t look at anything...” (Interpreted as I didn’t look at anything in particular/I didn’t specifically snoop for that etc.)
    “It’s nothing,” Yuuki wipes her mouth. “Unlike a certain peeping someone from before...”
    On a certain level...
    There’s an impression of the black wolf...

“Huh?”
    “Ah...” Zero mutters, clutching at his throat.
    “Ah, it’s not like that,” Yuuki, panicking. “I didn’t mean it that way. Zero is...”
    “Still... Zero...”
    Hunger and thirst...
    How is it...?

Yuuki clenches her hand.

Page Ten:
    Yuuki, “Sorry, I should apologize... Thank you...”
    The moment I bit into Zero’s neck, my mind suddenly calmed down and my fangs extended for someone I had absolute no intention of drinking from
    I, in accordance with the agreement,

Page Eleven:
    To not respond to Zero’s actions is impossible –
    Sara – in her shiny new uniform – joining the Night Class
    Yuuki at the door

Page Twelve:
    Shiki, “Hey, are you being serious when you say that?”
    Hanabusa, “I’ve always been very serious!”
    Continuing, “Even if we’re surrounded by the association, it’s still the same. As our purebloods and monarchs’ subordinate, let me spy around, okay.”
    Shiki, stone-faced, “So basically, you want us to take over and assist our temporary dorm president?”
    Hanabusa, flushing, “Yes, the current situation is highly damaging to what we hope to achieve.”
    Shiki, “Although we really do need those information, Aidou-kun...”

Page Thirteen:
    Shiki, continued, “Didn’t you once say Kaname-sama gave you the role of temporary dorm president? And are you sure it’s okay for you to leave her side?”
    Hanabusa, looking grave, “That... well...”
    Hanabusa, looking away, “That’s not a problem.”
    “At her side, there’s an anti-pureblood hunter to keep an eye on things.”

Page Fourteen:
    Yuuki, as she walks past Zero, “Zero, these days, are there any Day Class students sneaking out at night time?”
    Zero, “I’m looking into it now.”
    Two night class girls can be spotted.

Page Fifteen:
    Yuuki pats Zero on the back, “I’ll leave it to you then.”

Page Sixteen:
    Yuuki, hides behind the wall. “Ah, I didn’t act too unnatural, did I?”
    To converse in an extremely simple manner?
    Doesn’t matter. As long as I can start afresh with Zero...

Yuuki sinks to the floor. *pause* “Ah... must quickly get to the classroom.”

Page Seventeen:
    Zero, “Alright already, hurry up and get back to your dorms. Go!”
    Kaien, “Thanks for the hard work, Zero-kun.”
    Zero, “Chairman Kaien, Kaito.”
    Kaien, “I can see a little bit of the old Yuuki. And you always obediently making yourself useful. That, above all else, makes me happy.”
    Zero, “That rascal shares the same aspiration as yours. Now she’s at the school desperately trying her hardest. It’s because of that request, that I’m doing what things that cannot be avoided.”

Page Eighteen:
    Kaien, “There’s no point in arguing... But you.”
    “Back then, there was nothing that could stop you. You only ever wanted to rush forward to kill Kaname-kun, using the dangerous risk he posed as an excuse.”
    “Yet now, to suddenly change and become obedient, it’s really worrying.”
    Zero thought about it, then smiled.

Page Nineteen:
    Zero, “Kaname Kuran, hasn’t he already decided to kill off the pureblood race?”
    “If that’s the case, in my opinion, there’s no reason for me to rush forward to stop him.”
    Kaien looked at him. “... Those words, I’ll pretend I didn’t hear them.”

Page Twenty:
    Kaien, “As the chairman of peace agreement, I cannot ignore Kaname-kun’s recent behaviour.”
    “It’s also because of Yuuki...”
    On the staircase, Rima, “We’re late.”
    Shiki, “Yeah, well, that’s only because Aidou wouldn’t stop talking.”
    They open the door and pause.

Page Twenty-One:
    Yuuki kneeling on the floor. Sara glowing in her chair. (The sound-effect next to the pen on the floor is “general mumbling”)
    The board has two sheets. One says “Ichijou-senpai,” with the word “resigning” after it. On the column next to it has “Sara” The word you see repeated three times is the Chinese way of keeping tally (it’s a word with five strokes, so it’s scores of five). So it looks like Sara has seventeen votes and on the sheet next to it, you can see Yuuki has only one vote.
    Rima, shocked, “Why are you looking so utterly defeated?”
    Yuuki slowly turns around, “Because of the gap in charisma, Sara-san became Dorm President.”

Page Twenty-Two:
    Sara, glowing, “But the actual duties, I want to relinquish over to Yuuki-san. For me, the responsibility is too major.”
    Yuuki, “Ah... okay.”
    Rima, shocked, “Ah, to be forced to accept the job.”
    Ichijou looks really ... off. “...”
    Shiki, “? Ichijou-senpai?” Then, he noticed something and turned to his right.
    “Ah!” Maria at the window.

Page Twenty-Three:
    Maria, “Zero-kun.”
    Teacher, “Okay, everyone. Can we please start the lesson?”
    Rima, “Suddenly, I have an uneasy feeling about what’s to come.”
    Shiki, “Yeah...”
    Sara, “Oh, everyone, let’s not trouble the teacher any longer. Let’s return to our seats.”
    Yuuki, “Ichijou-senpai, regarding yesterday’s discussion, can we continue discussing it a bit later?”
    Ichijou, “Ah, is this the issue regarding the new blood tablets?”

Page Twenty-Four
    Ichijou, smiling, “Sorry, that was my mistake. There’s no problem.”
    Yuuki, Shiki, Rima. “Ichijou-senpai...?”
    Elsewhere.
    Ruka, “This must be -sama’s house... They’re really cautious about the whereabouts of the pureblood’s residence.”
    (Sorry, I can't be bothered guess what the pureblood's name was. Chinese translation uses the same character as the Japanese kanji but the pronunciation is bound to be different. So even if I did guess, it's bound to be wrong. I'm going to leave this to the Japanese experts once the originial raws are out.)

Page Twenty-Five:
    Akatsuki spots something, “You better stay here and do the task you were assigned to do. I’m going to go over there and see what those strange people are doing.”

Page Twenty-Six:
    Akatsuki dashes over, sees this queue of people getting bottles of the new blood tablets. “What... is this...?”
    “Ruka.” Kaname arrives. “Today’s all thanks to you doing all this difficult work. I must really thank you.”

Page Twenty-Seven:
    Ruka, looking rather withdrawn. “Although here’s quite far away from the road, but it’s still fairly close to where the humans are living.”
    “Okay, I’ll go and do my best to lead them away.”
    Kaien arrives with a sword. “I was just thinking you were probably going to arrive here, Kaname-kun.”

Page Twenty-Eight
    Kaname, “Chairman Kaien... are you here as the chairman of the peace agreement association?”
    Kaien, “Also as Yuuki’s adoptive father. I’m here to inform you that I’ve already decided I will not be returning Yuuki to you.”
    Kaname looks down, “Yuuki is already walking her own path and living by her own decisions... Chairman Kaien.”

Page Twenty-Nine:
    Kaname, continues, “I no longer have the means to bind her to me. Therefore”
    “For you to take Yuuki away from my side like this, I am very grateful.”
    Kaien, draws out sword. “Is that because, in your goal to eliminate the pureblood race, Yuuki is your Achilles’ Heel?” (The literal translation is “will she be your stumbling block” as in she may cause you to stumble, as in she’ll prevent you from achieving your goal. But I think Achilles’ Heel says pretty much the same thing...)

Page Thirty:
    Kaname, “That’s right.”
    “If you are to stop me, then you would be eliminated too.”

Kaname vs Cross (last 2 are actually kanji characters and not Chinese so I don't know what it says, sorry!)

FINISH!

Also, Hino-sensei appears to be taking a break T_T So two months till the next chapter comes out.

Hope you guys enjoy this! cheers

Witless Fool king

My thoughts: In Zero's head, the cemetery represents the thing he's most afraid of - sinking down the Level E. The fragments of Yuuki and Kaname that he consumed is keeping it at bay (represented by the tree). So that's why they're watching over/guarding the coffin. (Somebody suggested it could also be Shizuka) I think it's sad, for Zero at least, how even the fragment of Yuuki he consumed has Kaname next to her, watching over her. It's almost as if he can never get a piece of Yuuki just for himself if you know what I mean. (That's just my impression of the scene).

Last edited by witlessfool on Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:15 pm; edited 2 times in total

sari15
    Human

Vampire Knight Chapter 74 Translation - Page 2 Empty Re: Vampire Knight Chapter 74 Translation

Post by sari15 Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:03 pm

juliet wrote:
    yes I am confused too... Shocked

Add Zero's line at the end and it makes even less sense.
    Still Yuuki, “Please help me... I really want Zero’s blood now. I... I’ve always suppressed my thirst.”
    “Only need a little bit... Because, if it’s enough to satisfy, then I can definitely work hard to become pureblood Kaname’s... .”

This part makes me wonder if he knows about her split feelings? Oh gosh this whole section is just so confusing. LOL We will definitely have to wait for the Japanese Raws on these...

juliet wrote:Mmm...but human Yuuki says that this is his deepest fear.. his feelings? he is afraid of his feelings but how can you lock your feelings if someones sees (here bites) through you? I am not in a position to prove eitherwise it's just that the level-e issue which is supressed (burried) yet lives inside Zero and is guarded by Yuuki's and Kaname's blood, ties more (to me) as a theory.

I agree that the level e is what is most likely what is locked away. Especially with Shizuka's tree growing OVER it. The casket is literally surrounded by the roots of that sakura tree and on top of it are Kaname and Yuuki helping keep it down.

But where are Zero's memories, feelings and emotions? Kaname obviously had the ability to hide his memories and such from Yuuki. She only got fractures of things prior to him letting her see. This could be a similar situation with Zero, couldn' t it? He's always been resistant to the normal vampire mind things--maybe he's just refusing her entry? Coupled with the hesitant bite and keeping his mind clear, he kicked her out when she started going deeper.
    loveiszero
    loveiszero
    Level-E
    Level-E

Vampire Knight Chapter 74 Translation - Page 2 Empty Re: Vampire Knight Chapter 74 Translation

Post by loveiszero Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:06 pm

@witlessfool: Yeah, I'm not sure either. If they are 2 different things, then the "thirst" used here has a bigger punch. We all know the issue with quenching thirst here. But I have a feeling they mean the same. Rememeber the chapter back when Yuuki bit her own wrist cause she was still hungry? And Kaname came telling her reason why she can't be full/satisfied... Sigh, I'm confusing myself here LOL.

I'm wondering though, considering Yuuki kind heartedness (hehe quoting Kaname sama here), why ins't she questioning Zero's fear and the bleak depressing scenery that she saw?
    sari15
    Human

Post by sari15 Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:23 pm

loveiszero wrote:
    I'm wondering though, considering Yuuki kind heartedness (hehe quoting Kaname sama here), why ins't she questioning Zero's fear and the bleak depressing scenery that she saw?

Because she wasn't supposed to see it. He's still 'off limits' and she doesn't feel she has the right to take that step with him--it's not her business. Though things are beginning to smooth out, these two have a very long way to go before they can emotionally open back up to each other like they used to.
    aya-chan
    aya-chan
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Humor : oiseaux de se ressemble s'assemble

Post by aya-chan Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:30 pm

Vampire Knight Chapter 74 Translation - Page 2 1927775417 Vampire Knight Chapter 74 Translation - Page 2 1927775417 for translation Vampire Knight Chapter 74 Translation - Page 2 1927775417 Vampire Knight Chapter 74 Translation - Page 2 1927775417

I think the thing burried deep in that coffin is zero's beast/level e.

if his beast is burried deep, deep... then maybe zero will not fall to level e.

kain noticed that blood tablets and probably he will find out more about it. and they (kaname x ruka x kain) will create a plan to stop sara domination.

kaname words about yuuki: he gave her freedom. she can do what she wants. he will not force to come by his side. if yuuki think her place is by kaname side he will not refuse her.

Even if kaien has reason, poiting his sword at kaname is equal with his name erased from my Christams list. explosive

But 2 months for the next chapter? hino try to kill us...
    sweetsolace
    sweetsolace
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Humor : look in the mirror, you'll love it~ ;)
    Warning ZoneVampire Knight Chapter 74 Translation - Page 2 Drops5black

Post by sweetsolace Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:54 pm

Thank you witless fool for the translations!! xD very appreciated! Vampire Knight Chapter 74 Translation - Page 2 1927775417 Vampire Knight Chapter 74 Translation - Page 2 1927775417

@coffie with vines
    I agree with everyone saying the coffin symbolizes Zero's deepest fear, which is Level E, Ichiru or him (i think that was ichiru since he has longer hair) said his deepest fear is "sleeping" inside, must be his Level E. It was wrapped in his bloody rose vines, which is a power he received from taking Ichiru's blood. Shizuka seems to be symbolized by the sakura tree and is growing over and holding down the coffin, where Zero's deepest fear rests, while wolf Kaname and human Yuki, symbolizing the people whom he also took blood from, also sits on the tree, (which adds more weight to hold down the coffin? lol or maybe they're standing guard..) the cemetery I think along with Ichiru's appearance may symbolize the change that went over Zero when he visited the cemetery in chapter 58, that was the time he became more humane and calm, so the cemetery might symbolize his humanity. Cemetery = death = mortality = being human.

Ichiru=vines, Shizuka=tree, human Yuki=Yuki's blood, wolf Kaname=Kaname's blood
    Cemetery=calmer, humane side

@bite
    this is incredibly ambiguous right now because of what witlessfool already said and the rest, but I think it can speak for itself.
    Yuki was thirsty and she bit Zero because she had no choice (she said it was "impossible" to do anything else) and because she was thirsty. Having done that she thinks the "fangs have now withdrawn and I feel calmer than before"
    She wants to start afresh with Zero, she tapped him on the back and went on her way, hoping to think that gesture had been simple enough. I think she's still awkward how to act around him because she doesn't know how to initiate "anew" the relationship, she said a chapter ago that something was broken. This seems to me she wants to be the same way they were before, to their platonic relationship.
    So yes if I'm right all the drama about the bite being a sign of love was totally trashed. She was simply hungry. And Zero said to her that even if she drunk his blood she would not see anything since he had let go of those attachments. So yes, I hope Maria can take the throne now Very Happy

@blood tablets
    seems like Sara's getting ahead and starts distributing, while Kaname is still going to someone's mansion.. Isaya's??? Vampire Knight Chapter 74 Translation - Page 2 2412465706 this is so freaky, Im quite torn here, if he's still at that stage killing purebloods (or is it?) while Sara is already starting on her tablet project...meanwhile does he plan to kill Isaya???Vampire Knight Chapter 74 Translation - Page 2 2412465706 I think if he will this will put him against Kaien then because they're friends... but damn its not quite right since Kurans seem to be friendly with Isaya, or at least Juri was...

@Takuma
    Vampire Knight Chapter 74 Translation - Page 2 2154643180 my honeybunch..! Sara made him drink her blood and now he refuses to tell Yuki anything... all because she was so damn slow Vampire Knight Chapter 74 Translation - Page 2 2276713963 I feel like Shiki and Rima are joining in the suspicion though..

@Aido
    what's wrong with him last chapter? he refused to be with Yuki because of what? just last chapter he was acting sooo mature by saying he will not allow himself to be consumed by hatred and now suddenly he backed away?! Vampire Knight Chapter 74 Translation - Page 2 2412465706 somewhat inconsistent. And I thought it was TAKUMA who was to succeed Kaname as dorm president, NOW it's Aido?! Vampire Knight Chapter 74 Translation - Page 2 2412465706 some screws are loose here...

@Kaien
    anyone else feel disappointed with Kaien right now? He's busting his ass where it's not needed, fer god's sake he even went over to Isaya's. just to tell him about Yuki.?? confused now..
    and whats wrong with him raising his sword against Kaname when in the past he never seems to do anything more than sit behind his desk Vampire Knight Chapter 74 Translation - Page 2 2412465706 and did he even think if he can win against him?? what's he thinking?? he even charges kaname alone by himself! Vampire Knight Chapter 74 Translation - Page 2 2412465706 this is quite daring and stupid out of the blue move.
    I feel like he's inherited Yuki's vibe last chapter--"w.t.f."?
    Vampire Knight Chapter 74 Translation - Page 2 2412465706 I am still hoping he's in cahoots with someone...and my bets are on Kaname... of if not him.. then Aido and the others... but doesn't really seem likely.

@Kaname
    Again so few insights on his motives.. but at least what was discussed before came true here, that he has indeed let Yuki go so she can't interfere with his plans, clearly she was a distraction Vampire Knight Chapter 74 Translation - Page 2 1713890440

@night class
    I'm truly starting to feel the "repetition" of this part of the plot.. :/ so far, what does it achieve?? so far it has only brought Yuki and Zero together, and so far it only gathered the night class along with Sara, but they're not really doing anything much there apart from Sara using it as some sort of headquarters and Maria developing her crush on Zero. :/ still have yet to see the big point in this. I just wish there was something new to the system, because it was still the same. Students being prevented to know night class identities is pretty useless when several day class already know existence of vampires, so wth is the use of hiding it? it would've been a more challenging, fresher idea to merge both classes or both day and both night has humans and vampires.

@next chapter
    two months! Vampire Knight Chapter 74 Translation - Page 2 3887309346 somehow feels too long.. and with way things are going with hardly ANY buildup at all with the plot except mindless questions being thrown and more conflict... Vampire Knight Chapter 74 Translation - Page 2 3887309346 im not too happy. it feels bleak. meh... maybe next chap will be good but somehow im not really hoping.. almost..

Last edited by sweetsolace on Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:25 pm; edited 2 times in total
    juliet
    juliet
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Humor : Anytime...

Post by juliet Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:56 pm

sari15 wrote:
    juliet wrote:
    yes I am confused too... Shocked

I can no longer restrain myself

This part makes me wonder if he knows about her split feelings? Oh gosh this whole section is just so confusing. LOL We will definitely have to wait for the Japanese Raws on these...

who says the bolded line- either way its confusing but still- I had the idea that this is Yuuki saying it, because it was following the real of thinking from the other italics, sorry confused...

She is slow in questioning, here she does not question how her lineage was born (after kaname's memories) or how Sara has been allowed to change the taste of the tablets....nada LOL

Because she wasn't supposed to see it. He's still 'off limits' and she doesn't feel she has the right to take that step with him--it's not her business. Though things are beginning to smooth out, these two have a very long way to go before they can emotionally open back up to each other like they used to.

Neither seems to reflect it either but as I said before...LOL

But where are Zero's memories, feelings and emotions? Kaname obviously had the ability to hide his memories and such from Yuuki. She only got fractures of things prior to him letting her see. This could be a similar situation with Zero, couldn' t it? He's always been resistant to the normal vampire mind things--maybe he's just refusing her entry? Coupled with the hesitant bite and keeping his mind clear, he kicked her out when she started going deeper.

Yes memories are can be locked I guess, but feelings? remember that we all said that by drinking his blood she should be able to realize her feelings or vice versa? like when Zero drank from her when she was a human, her blood spoke of her desire about Kaname, so I am under the perception that emotions do flow more freely. I understand its easy to hide your thoughts but do feelings fall under the same category? the situation is confusing in overall, there are many contradictions that exist here and there and even chapters before.

sari15
    Human

Post by sari15 Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:04 pm

juliet wrote:
    sari15 wrote:

who says the bolded line- either way its confusing but still- I had the idea that this is Yuuki saying it, because it was following the real of thinking from the other italics, sorry confused...

There I fixed the bold in Zero's words. The italics is definitely Yuuki.
    sweetsolace
    sweetsolace
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Post by sweetsolace Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:05 pm

juliet wrote:

Yes memories are can be locked I guess, but feelings? remember that we all said that by drinking his blood she should be able to realize her feelings or vice versa? like when Zero drank from her when she was a human, her blood spoke of her desire about Kaname, so I am under the perception that emotions do flow more freely. I understand its easy to hide your thoughts but do feelings fall under the same category? the situation is confusing in overall, there are many contradictions that exist here and there and even chapters before.

I think it is random. When Zero bit Yuki she couldn't control what he saw in her blood, which was her feelings for Kaname.
    When Kaname showed Yuki his past at first it was also random with images showing hands grabbing her and images of Shizuka and Rido etc. more than that there's the random sequence of the events that happened.
    When Yuki bit Kaname for the first time she saw parts of the images of his awakening and the Kuran door but not the entire thing.

So I don't think its selective. perhaps locked but doubt it can be controlled scratch
    juliet
    juliet
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Post by juliet Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:18 pm

sari15 wrote:
    juliet wrote:
    sari15 wrote:

There I fixed the bold in Zero's words. The italics is definitely Yuuki.

Merci...you are right, more confused now!! confused confused confused
    VaahS
    VaahS
    Human

Humor : Usually in a good mood .D

Post by VaahS Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:21 pm

My thoughts: In Zero's head, the cemetery represents the thing he's most afraid of - sinking down the Level E. The fragments of Yuuki and Kaname that he consumed is keeping it at bay (represented by the tree). So that's why they're watching over/guarding the coffin. (Somebody suggested it could also be Shizuka) I think it's sad, for Zero at least, how even the fragment of Yuuki he consumed has Kaname next to her, watching over her. It's almost as if he can never get a piece of Yuuki just for himself if you know what I mean. (That's just my impression of the scene).
    I agree with you, witlessfool
    First I thought about the 'thing Zero's most afraid of' in another way, but what you said make much more sense.

And about this
    Page Twenty-Nine:

By saying this, Kaname meant he's giving up of Yuuki?
    I'm greatful that you're taking her away from me...

Where's all that love? Shocked
    It's nice of him to give her the right of choose but won't he even try to get her back or fight for her? (If that's the case, I'm fine too, once I've always prefered Zeki Vampire Knight Chapter 74 Translation - Page 2 2554657431 )

OMG, I'm getting increasingly anxious for what lies ahead. sBo_jumping

And witlessfool sLo_BigBearHug
    Thank you very much *--------------*

Now it's easier to wait for the raws ú-ù
    sari15
    Human

Post by sari15 Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:29 pm

VaahS wrote:
    And about this
    Page Twenty-Nine:

It's nice of him to give her the right of choose but won't he even try to get her back or fight for her? (If that's the case, I'm fine too, once I've always prefered Zeki Vampire Knight Chapter 74 Translation - Page 2 2554657431 )

That was my impression. He's placed his goal in front of his feelings for her. Both Zero and Kaname have left so she could be free and not have any ties holding her back. I got the impression he's not coming back for her. There's no 'Start Over' planned and he doesn't want her coming after him.

H-Harsh.
    loveiszero
    loveiszero
    Level-E
    Level-E

Post by loveiszero Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:29 pm

Kaname, continues, “I no longer have the means to bind her to me"

Kaname, isn't she being born to be your love good enough a means? *Big sigh* However, this just makes Kaname the perfect boyfriend in my book, letting his girl walks the path she chooses Very Happy.
    This is why I don't like LT and tragedy manga. I've been holding off on reading Bokura ga Ita since I heard its even worse of an emotional roller coaster.

Last edited by loveiszero on Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
    sweetsolace
    sweetsolace
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Post by sweetsolace Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:30 pm

VaahS wrote:
    And about this
    Page Twenty-Nine:

such a misunderstanding. Vampire Knight Chapter 74 Translation - Page 2 2154643180 lol you can do better than that. its even included in the translation pssh.

Kaien took her in chapter 68 and prevented her from going after Kaname. Yuki was a distraction and Kaname knew that she will interfere with his plans. when Kaien took her in, thats what Kaname's grateful for.

Kaien, draws out sword. “Is that because, in your goal to eliminate the pureblood race, Yuuki is your Achilles’ Heel?” (The literal translation is “will she be your stumbling block” as in she may cause you to stumble, as in she’ll prevent you from achieving your goal. But I think Achilles’ Heel says pretty much the same thing...)

Page Thirty:
    Kaname, “That’s right.”

Yuki was his weakness. He didn't want her to interfere.
    Howl4fun
    Howl4fun
    Common Vampire
    Common Vampire

Post by Howl4fun Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:35 pm

Finally I can leave a decent comment, lol. I' ve been a work ever since the full raws came and I saw them at a tiny computer, being all giggly and fangirly and my coworker said "I see your serie came out?? Very Happy " Me: "Yeees and she bit him !!" Her: "Huh?" XDDDD She also had a serie coming out so we both acted like fangirls for a few seconds before we had to act serious again, hahaha Vampire Knight Chapter 74 Translation - Page 2 4

So two months till the next, huh? ....eh, I'll manage. When Haruhi confessed her feelings to Tamaki in Ouran, the author took the lovely decision of waiting 3 MONTHS before we got to see his reaction. The cliffhanger this time wasn't such a biggie either. No doubt it'll be interesting to see a possible showdown between the oldest vampire and the oldest vampire hunter, though like someone else said I don't think it's going to get that physical... for now I'll think they'll talk first.

I agree with everyone on the coffin, though not sure if it contains the level E, Zero's feelings/thoughts or both? Yuuki apparently didn't taste any of his feelings for her which is strange, though he might have been able to hide them. I'm glad he did though, Yuuki can keep being nervous about his feelings for her until another bite might happen and more will be revealed. She doesn't deserve the luxury of knowing both guys' hearts belongs to her so she can pick and choose if she wants to, LOL. The ambuigity and mystery in zeki continues to enthrall me x3

Slapping him in a friendly manner like that though, seriously, that was awkward. No wonder she got so embarrassed afterwards. XD

The only thing bothering me now is the art. Hino doesn't draw any character as well and even epic as she used to. The Rido arc and a while afterwards had the best art IMO. Now it looks as Hino's gotten lazy. Maybe it'll look better in the volumes when the quality is proper and she redraws stuff though. I hope so at least bounce

Last edited by Howl4fun on Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:38 pm; edited 2 times in total
    nina
    nina
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Humor : Black sarcasm

Post by nina Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:36 pm

aya-chan wrote: kaname words about yuuki: he gave her freedom. she can do what she wants. he will not force to come by his side. if yuuki think her place is by kaname side he will not refuse her.

Mmm I wonder where it went his possessiveness … the still doll and that he would kill her if she’ll ever leave him … Vampire Knight Chapter 74 Translation - Page 2 05

sweetsolace wrote:
    juliet wrote:

I think it is random. When Zero bit Yuki she couldn't control what he saw in her blood, which was her feelings for Kaname.
    When Kaname showed Yuki his past at first it was also random with images showing hands grabbing her and images of Shizuka and Rido etc. more than that there's the random sequence of the events that happened.
    When Yuki bit Kaname for the first time she saw parts of the images of his awakening and the Kuran door but not the entire thing.

So I don't think its selective. perhaps locked but doubt it can be controlled scratch

I think Juliet is right … memories are different from feelings. Seems like the memories can be blocked as probably Yuuki’s blood-sessions with Kaname indicates whereas feelings is difficult to be blocked cuz are affecting the taste of the blood …
    Hints:
    > When Zero drank from Kaname said that his blood was like poison, probably cuz of his feelings for Zero.
    > When Zero drank from Yuuki and said that he knows her feelings for Kaname cuz he tasted in her blood.
    juliet
    juliet
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Post by juliet Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:38 pm

sweetsolace wrote:
    VaahS wrote:
    And about this
    Page Twenty-Nine:

such a misunderstanding. Vampire Knight Chapter 74 Translation - Page 2 2154643180 lol you can do better than that. its even included in the translation pssh.

Kaien took her in chapter 68 and prevented her from going after Kaname. Yuki was a distraction and Kaname knew that she will interfere with his plans. when Kaien took her in, thats what Kaname's grateful for.

Page Thirty:
    Kaname, “That’s right.”

very true, solace...

If kaname left is due to his love for her since he does not want her to lose her life- so he is taking his path that will make a better world for her and safer so she can live her ideals- while she is his weakness that could stop him from fulfilling his plans but, according to him, she shouldn't... that's I suppose the resume.

It seems that Kaname has taken his decisions and they do not sound too optimistic about himself. Now it almost sounds like a necessity that Yuuki should stop him- somehow I have the feeling that she will.

sari15 wrote:

That was my impression. He's placed his goal in front of his feelings for her. Both Zero and Kaname have left so she could be free and not have any ties holding her back. I got the impression he's not coming back for her. There's no 'Start Over' planned and he doesn't want her coming after him.

H-Harsh.

Harsh it is, I agree with you, he seems like he does not want to come back...this time it will take effort from Yuuki's part to reach him and may I say; it was about time.
    nina
    nina
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Humor : Black sarcasm

Post by nina Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:51 pm

juliet wrote:

Harsh it is, I agree with you, he seems like he does not want to come back...this time it will take effort from Yuuki's part to reach him and may I say; it was about time.

Exactly! It was about time!!!!!!

And how come that he doesn't love her??? Everything he does he does it for her ... he is willing to sacrifice everything for her and he doesn't love her??? Vampire Knight Chapter 74 Translation - Page 2 2154643180
    VaahS
    VaahS
    Human

Post by VaahS Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:01 pm

juliet wrote:
    sweetsolace wrote:
    VaahS wrote:
    And about this
    Page Twenty-Nine:

Page Thirty:
    Kaname, “That’s right.”

very true, solace...

If kaname left is due to his love for her since he does not want her to lose her life- so he is taking his path that will make a better world for her and safer so she can live her ideals- while she is his weakness that could stop him from fulfilling his plans but, according to him, she shouldn't... that's I suppose the resume.

It seems that Kaname has taken his decisions and they do not sound too optimistic about himself. Now it almost sounds like a necessity that Yuuki should stop him- somehow I have the feeling that she will.

I can do better than this lol
    I'll try my best so xD

I guess I understood what you both said.
    Keeping Yuuki away from him is a way to protect her?

Oooooooh, so the hesitation he talked about with Rido was this

Being by her side, keeping Yuuki bounded to him and letting the other pureblood's ruling the world as they please, messing with humans and such
    or
    Letting her go, letting she walks her own path, keeping her out of danger and this way being able to rid the world of the purebloods (I've got a Michael Jackson - Heal The World feeling - just ignore this part)

Okay... if that's what you wanted to say, I understand

If it's not, probably I'm just too dumb to understand such a thing
    sweetsolace
    sweetsolace
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Post by sweetsolace Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:01 pm

nina wrote:

I think Juliet is right … memories are different from feelings. Seems like the memories can be blocked as probably Yuuki’s blood-sessions with Kaname indicates whereas feelings is difficult to be blocked cuz are affecting the taste of the blood …
    Hints:
    > When Zero drank from Kaname said that his blood was like poison, probably cuz of his feelings for Zero.
    > When Zero drank from Yuuki and said that he knows her feelings for Kaname cuz he tasted in her blood.

I was mainly being vague referring to BOTH feelings and memories.. cheers
    Yes I didnt say i disagree with feelings showing. it seems to be unavoidably passed through when someone drinks blood, perhaps the reason why zero seem rejected when he took yuki's blood afterwards and he "peeped" into her emotions. however now I doubt, in the translation Yuki says after she was inside Zero's memories and he pulled her back she said she wasn't going to snoop as much as he did back then, by "snoop" does she mean searching his feelings or deeper into his memories? so does this mean that when she was inside, his feelings were carefully hidden somewhere and not unavoidably transferred? However Zero's prior words also contradicted this, he said, "i don't have anything to hide since I've left my attachment for you ever since" confused here. so why did he pull her back when she was just viewing his memories? why call it "snooping" ? and why she thought it was the same snooping as snooping into her feelings?

but for memories it seems debatable if it can be controlled/selective or not. Like I mentioned there, when Yuki first traveled inside Kaname's "memories" she saw an abstract scene quite like the way Yuki saw Zero's memories, in personifying their inner fears. Perhaps that signified a mix between feelings and memories? Since Ichiru did say "the memory of that coffin" or something to that.

so which is which now, do feelings transfer automatically and memories are controlled or is it a little of both?
    I think though that the stronger the feelings the more likely it will be transferred automatically as in case with Yuki's and Kaname's.

Last edited by sweetsolace on Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Anneliezz
    Anneliezz
    Pureblood Vampire
    Pureblood Vampire

Humor : 1.Being a pure(blood) pervert. 2. Installing the day-class-spy-cameras in zero's room 3.WCZF-club!!

Post by Anneliezz Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:03 pm

Howl4fun wrote:The only thing bothering me now is the art. Hino doesn't draw any character as well and even epic as she used to. The Rido arc and a while afterwards had the best art IMO. Now it looks as Hino's gotten lazy. Maybe it'll look better in the volumes when the quality is proper and she redraws stuff though. I hope so at least bounce
    Indeed, I hope so too. Finally a decent zeki moment and it is not drawn on it's best. Don't get me wrong, I'm grateful for the moment but I had hoped it would've been drawn as good as the goodbye at the end of the first arc. I agree too that that moment had the best art. I'm hoping it'll improve again....
    sweetsolace
    sweetsolace
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Post by sweetsolace Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:06 pm

VaahS wrote:
    I can do better than this lol
    I'll try my best so xD

I guess I understood what you both said.
    Keeping Yuuki away from him is a way to protect her?

Oooooooh, so the hesitation he talked about with Rido was this

Being by her side, keeping Yuuki bounded to him and letting the other pureblood's ruling the world as they please, messing with humans and such
    or
    Letting her go, letting she walks her own path, keeping her out of danger and this way being able to rid the world of the purebloods (I've got a Michael Jackson - Heal The World feeling - just ignore this part)

Okay... if that's what you wanted to say, I understand

If it's not, probably I'm just too dumb to understand such a thing

yes. now that you understand and repeated your findings you can read that at chapter 59-60. Very Happy Alll about contradictions. Very Happy just to keep you updated.

learn more about YUME love cheers
    VaahS
    VaahS
    Human

Post by VaahS Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:11 pm

nina wrote:
    juliet wrote:

And how come that he doesn't love her??? Everything he does he does it for her ... he is willing to sacrifice everything for her and he doesn't love her??? Vampire Knight Chapter 74 Translation - Page 2 2154643180

And now I'm feeling really stupid for what I said cheers

But I think I'm getting to the point now.

Undoubtely Kaname loves Yuuki, he made everything for her since always
    I was just trying to understad the real reason for WHY was he grateful she was no longer by his side...

But it's ok, I'll just wait
    Hino-sama have already made a huge mess in my head, I wouldn't mind a little bit more of this >-<
    VampireCythia
    VampireCythia
    Pureblood Vampire
    Pureblood Vampire

Humor : BOW DOWN TO YOUR QUEEN!!!!XDXDXDXDXDXD

Post by VampireCythia Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:25 pm

What if Zero attachment to Yuuki is inside the coffin? Blame me if it´s not makeking sense...
    juliet
    juliet
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Post by juliet Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:29 pm

VaahS wrote:
    nina wrote:
    juliet wrote:

And now I'm feeling really stupid for what I said cheers

But I think I'm getting to the point now.

Undoubtely Kaname loves Yuuki, he made everything for her since always
    I was just trying to understad the real reason for WHY was he grateful she was no longer by his side...

But it's ok, I'll just wait
    Hino-sama have already made a huge mess in my head, I wouldn't mind a little bit more of this >-<

because she would be a trouble/barrier to his plan...
    sari15
    Human

Post by sari15 Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:31 pm

sweetsolace wrote:I was mainly being vague referring to BOTH feelings and memories.. cheers
    Yes I didnt say i disagree with feelings showing. it seems to be unavoidably passed through when someone drinks blood, perhaps the reason why zero seem rejected when he took yuki's blood afterwards and he "peeped" into her emotions. however now I doubt, in the translation Yuki says after she was inside Zero's memories and he pulled her back she said she wasn't going to snoop as much as he did back then, by "snoop" does she mean searching his feelings or deeper into his memories? so does this mean that when she was inside, his feelings were carefully hidden somewhere and not unavoidably transferred? However Zero's prior words also contradicted this, he said, "i don't have anything to hide since I've left my attachment for you ever since" confused here. so why did he pull her back when she was just viewing his memories? why call it "snooping" ? and why she thought it was the same snooping as snooping into her feelings?
    I think they are probably separate. Feelings are easier to find but you would still have to dig deep to find them. Zero has personally TRIED to box up his feelings for Yuuki and move on with his life and when it comes to these sort of things he's not above telling little white lies. It wasn't his memories she was in quite yet though, I don't think. I think she could have potentially gone there. I think if she'd talked more with herself and Ichiru--she would have uncovered some information they are obviously holding onto.

but for memories it seems debatable if it can be controlled/selective or not. Like I mentioned there, when Yuki first traveled inside Kaname's "memories" she saw an abstract scene quite like the way Yuki saw Zero's memories, in personifying their inner fears. Perhaps that signified a mix between feelings and memories? Since Ichiru did say "the memory of that coffin" or something to that.

so which is which now, do feelings transfer automatically and memories are controlled or is it a little of both?
    I think though that the stronger the feelings the more likely it will be transferred automatically as in case with Yuki's and Kaname's.
    I think Ichiru was referring to the Yuuki on the tree limb. Her human side was just a 'memory' for Zero. Yuuki was talking about what was IN the casket, Ichiru spoke of what was ON the casket. What that means for Zero's feelings, we don't know. We also haven't seen what feelings look like when they are drank. But Ichiru saying "There, protecting the coffin, is just a memory."

Which either means Zero was telling the truth when he said he was over her or he's mourned the past and accepted Yuuki's transformation and what is representing her in this world is just his memory of her back then.

And yes, if Zero doesn't want his feelings for Yuuki known, I'd drag her away from Ichiru too.
    juliet
    juliet
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

Post by juliet Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:44 pm

sari15 wrote:
    I think Ichiru was referring to the Yuuki on the tree limb. Her human side was just a 'memory' for Zero. Yuuki was talking about what was IN the casket, Ichiru spoke of what was ON the casket. What that means for Zero's feelings, we don't know. We also haven't seen what feelings look like when they are drank. But Ichiru saying "There, protecting the coffin, is just a memory."

Which either means Zero was telling the truth when he said he was over her or he's mourned the past and accepted Yuuki's transformation and what is representing her in this world is just his memory of her back then.

And yes, if Zero doesn't want his feelings for Yuuki known, I'd drag her away from Ichiru too.

Watch it though, because if Zero's feelings are burried but Yuuki is presented with her past self that would mean (to my poor imagination) that his feelings (the one burried) would refer to a past age where Yuuki was human because that "memory" is the one he cherishes, even though yes Kaname would be unexplained there, unless affraid affraid affraid LOL I am kidding...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:39 pm