Vampire Knight & Manga Forum

In order to fully enjoy the board and it's function, you can always log in or sign up to an account. Thank you...
Vampire Knight & Manga Forum

Α forum dedicated to Hino's Matsuri best-seller manga Vampire Knight and the manga we love

Gallery


Latest topics

» New VK Chapter is HERE!
Sun Jun 19, 2016 8:08 pm by Saphira_Kuran

» VK Memories
Wed Jun 01, 2016 5:59 pm by Saphira_Kuran

» The Final Countdown
Wed Jun 01, 2016 2:52 am by Saphira_Kuran

» New VK Chapter SPOILERS!
Mon Apr 18, 2016 5:47 pm by Saphira_Kuran

» New VK Bonus Ch!!
Fri Dec 18, 2015 12:53 am by Saphira_Kuran

» Translation of 'Fleeting Dreams'
Wed Sep 09, 2015 2:20 am by Saphira_Kuran

» Bunko Editions
Wed Sep 09, 2015 2:18 am by Saphira_Kuran

» New Vampire knight Extra
Wed Sep 09, 2015 2:15 am by Saphira_Kuran

» The Musical (Original and Revive)
Sun Aug 23, 2015 2:40 am by Dreamiel

» NEW CHAPTER IN 2015?
Mon Jun 01, 2015 12:16 am by Unknown00

» Newbie in the forum...
Fri May 01, 2015 7:13 pm by aisan4494

» Who do you think Yuki loves more: Kaname or Zero?
Fri May 01, 2015 7:09 pm by aisan4494

» Zeki or Yume?
Fri May 01, 2015 7:04 pm by aisan4494

» So What will happen of Kaname?
Thu Mar 19, 2015 6:25 pm by matei alina

» Does anybody think Yuki wasted time in Chapter 93?
Tue Dec 30, 2014 6:49 am by HomieV

» Symbolism Blog on VK & New Novel!!
Wed Dec 17, 2014 6:39 pm by Kara

» Ever "missed" a Chapter?
Tue Oct 14, 2014 1:35 am by Katherine

» What kind of feeling?
Mon Oct 06, 2014 1:03 am by Saphira_Kuran

» A Sequel???
Mon Oct 06, 2014 12:57 am by Saphira_Kuran

» Yori doesn't know....?
Fri Oct 03, 2014 6:45 pm by Kara

We and the Youtube

Poll

would you like to read a sequel of vk?or is hino thinking of writing one?
59% 59% [ 24 ]
27% 27% [ 11 ]
15% 15% [ 6 ]

Total Votes : 41

Friends


Terry Candy


    Yuki's relationship with Zero (chapter 73-74)

    Share

    sweetsolace
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

    Posts : 1047
    Join date : 2011-02-24
    Humor : look in the mirror, you'll love it~ ;)
    Warning Zone

    Yuki's relationship with Zero (chapter 73-74)

    Post by sweetsolace on Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:17 pm

    what do you think?

    Based on chapter 73-74 revelations, is it friendship or romance?

    For me its always been friendship between them and this chapter just clarified it.
    There was nothing strong enough to indicate romance between them as it was not mutual and Zero's the only one who loves Yuki.

    Bloodredhead
    Pureblood Vampire
    Pureblood Vampire

    Posts : 465
    Join date : 2011-06-05
    Location : UK
    Warning Zone

    Re: Yuki's relationship with Zero (chapter 73-74)

    Post by Bloodredhead on Sat Jul 23, 2011 2:04 pm

    sweetsolace wrote:what do you think?

    Based on chapter 73-74 revelations, is it friendship or romance?

    For me its always been friendship between them and this chapter just clarified it.
    There was nothing strong enough to indicate romance between them as it was not mutual and Zero's the only one who loves Yuki.

    i have to agree sweet, i think its just frienship and also a very sibling type realtionship. they do care about each other alot but i dont believe its love as in a lovers sense, its a friend/sibling love.

    i didnt think aswell that this chapter showed romance between them, more friendship, particularly on yuuki's side.

    loveiszero
    Level-E
    Level-E

    Posts : 85
    Join date : 2011-06-28
    Warning Zone

    Re: Yuki's relationship with Zero (chapter 73-74)

    Post by loveiszero on Sat Jul 23, 2011 3:09 pm

    There is only one scene in these whole 2 chapters that stood out for me: when Y saw Z carried M and subconsciously ducked behind the windows. It would be a shame on Hino for drawing something that doesn't mean anything.

    And how can you say Zero is the only that has feelings and none from Yuuki? If her feeling for him was indeed just platonically brotherly love, why would Kaname even bother mentioned the whole splitting heart thing that started this darn LT again. And this point was mentioned again and again and again, and lately reminded thru Yuuki in 73. The reason why this is a LT is becasue of Yuuki inability to love one man whole heartedly. Zero has already made his resolve long long ago.

    But back to the main question of this thread. Right now, their relationship could be best describe as a disguised friendship by 2 people with full of hidden feelings.

    aya-chan
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

    Posts : 1154
    Join date : 2011-03-03
    Location : here
    Humor : oiseaux de se ressemble s'assemble
    Warning Zone

    Re: Yuki's relationship with Zero (chapter 73-74)

    Post by aya-chan on Sat Jul 23, 2011 3:40 pm

    sweetsolace wrote:what do you think?

    Based on chapter 73-74 revelations, is it friendship or romance?

    For me its always been friendship between them and this chapter just clarified it.
    There was nothing strong enough to indicate romance between them as it was not mutual and Zero's the only one who loves Yuki.

    Agree. I always saw their relationship just friendship. I know zero love/loved her but yuuki always saw him like a brother - zero is like a brother to me.

    Analogy for biting scene:

    Milka chocolate (100gr) (expensive)= kaname
    another chocolate (30 gr) (cheap) = zero

    Now imagine this:
    You went outside to do jogging. After one hour you realise you have a low blood sugar. You want to eat something sweat, like your fav chocolate (milka 100gr).
    But unfortunatelly you realise you didn't take enough money with you to buy it, but you have money to buy another one, smaller and cheaper.
    You will buy the cheaper one even if it isn't the one you want. for a short while your blood sugar will rise and you will feel ok, until next time, but maybe then you can buy your desire chocolate, you can't have enough of it.

    Conclusion:
    - not having kaname around, yuuki was satisfied with the other alternative for her hunger. yuuki took just a bit from zero's blood, enough to feel ok and do her job as kuran.



    Bloodredhead
    Pureblood Vampire
    Pureblood Vampire

    Posts : 465
    Join date : 2011-06-05
    Location : UK
    Warning Zone

    Re: Yuki's relationship with Zero (chapter 73-74)

    Post by Bloodredhead on Sat Jul 23, 2011 3:44 pm

    aya-chan wrote:
    sweetsolace wrote:what do you think?

    Based on chapter 73-74 revelations, is it friendship or romance?

    For me its always been friendship between them and this chapter just clarified it.
    There was nothing strong enough to indicate romance between them as it was not mutual and Zero's the only one who loves Yuki.

    Agree. I always saw their relationship just friendship. I know zero love/loved her but yuuki always saw him like a brother - zero is like a brother to me.

    Analogy for biting scene:

    Milka chocolate (100gr) (expensive)= kaname
    another chocolate (30 gr) (cheap) = zero

    Now imagine this:
    You went outside to do jogging. After one hour you realise you have a low blood sugar. You want to eat something sweat, like your fav chocolate (milka 100gr).
    But unfortunatelly you realise you didn't take enough money with you to buy it, but you have money to buy another one, smaller and cheaper.
    You will buy the cheaper one even if it isn't the one you want. for a short while your blood sugar will rise and you will feel ok, until next time, but maybe then you can buy your desire chocolate, you can't have enough of it.

    Conclusion:
    - not having kaname around, yuuki was satisfied with the other alternative for her hunger. yuuki took just a bit from zero's blood, enough to feel ok and do her job as kuran.



    i like the analogy! especially how its chocolate you used!!!! yummy! Smile

    nina
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

    Posts : 2796
    Join date : 2010-05-17
    Location : My world lalala Kanameland <3
    Humor : Black sarcasm
    Warning Zone

    Re: Yuki's relationship with Zero (chapter 73-74)

    Post by nina on Sat Jul 23, 2011 3:47 pm

    aya-chan wrote:
    sweetsolace wrote:what do you think?

    Based on chapter 73-74 revelations, is it friendship or romance?

    For me its always been friendship between them and this chapter just clarified it.
    There was nothing strong enough to indicate romance between them as it was not mutual and Zero's the only one who loves Yuki.

    Agree. I always saw their relationship just friendship. I know zero love/loved her but yuuki always saw him like a brother - zero is like a brother to me.

    Analogy for biting scene:


    Milka chocolate (100gr) (expensive)= kaname
    another chocolate (30 gr) (cheap) = zero

    Now imagine this:
    You went outside to do jogging. After one hour you realise you have a low blood sugar. You want to eat something sweat, like your fav chocolate (milka 100gr).
    But unfortunatelly you realise you didn't take enough money with you to buy it, but you have money to buy another one, smaller and cheaper.
    You will buy the cheaper one even if it isn't the one you want. for a short while your blood sugar will rise and you will feel ok, until next time, but maybe then you can buy your desire chocolate, you can't have enough of it.

    Conclusion:
    - not having kaname around, yuuki was satisfied with the other alternative for her hunger. yuuki took just a bit from zero's blood, enough to feel ok and do her job as kuran.

    rofl rofl rofl Aya-chan I bow! sFun_hailbig





    "... I want to fall down with you to the very farthest depths ... taint me too Kaname"



    Spoiler:

    *wants to sneak under these bed sheets*

    sweetsolace
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

    Posts : 1047
    Join date : 2011-02-24
    Humor : look in the mirror, you'll love it~ ;)
    Warning Zone

    Re: Yuki's relationship with Zero (chapter 73-74)

    Post by sweetsolace on Sat Jul 23, 2011 4:07 pm

    aya-chan wrote:
    sweetsolace wrote:what do you think?

    Based on chapter 73-74 revelations, is it friendship or romance?

    For me its always been friendship between them and this chapter just clarified it.
    There was nothing strong enough to indicate romance between them as it was not mutual and Zero's the only one who loves Yuki.

    Agree. I always saw their relationship just friendship. I know zero love/loved her but yuuki always saw him like a brother - zero is like a brother to me.

    Analogy for biting scene:

    Milka chocolate (100gr) (expensive)= kaname
    another chocolate (30 gr) (cheap) = zero

    Now imagine this:
    You went outside to do jogging. After one hour you realise you have a low blood sugar. You want to eat something sweat, like your fav chocolate (milka 100gr).
    But unfortunatelly you realise you didn't take enough money with you to buy it, but you have money to buy another one, smaller and cheaper.
    You will buy the cheaper one even if it isn't the one you want. for a short while your blood sugar will rise and you will feel ok, until next time, but maybe then you can buy your desire chocolate, you can't have enough of it.

    Conclusion:
    - not having kaname around, yuuki was satisfied with the other alternative for her hunger. yuuki took just a bit from zero's blood, enough to feel ok and do her job as kuran.



    beautiful. I love chocolates rofl and naturally would want my favorite.

    mariangie
    Pureblood Vampire
    Pureblood Vampire

    Posts : 597
    Join date : 2011-01-28
    Location : In my lab
    Humor : Mad Doctor
    Warning Zone

    Re: Yuki's relationship with Zero (chapter 73-74)

    Post by mariangie on Sat Jul 23, 2011 4:14 pm

    aya-chan wrote:
    sweetsolace wrote:what do you think?

    Based on chapter 73-74 revelations, is it friendship or romance?

    For me its always been friendship between them and this chapter just clarified it.
    There was nothing strong enough to indicate romance between them as it was not mutual and Zero's the only one who loves Yuki.

    Agree. I always saw their relationship just friendship. I know zero love/loved her but yuuki always saw him like a brother - zero is like a brother to me.

    Analogy for biting scene:

    Milka chocolate (100gr) (expensive)= kaname
    another chocolate (30 gr) (cheap) = zero

    Now imagine this:
    You went outside to do jogging. After one hour you realise you have a low blood sugar. You want to eat something sweat, like your fav chocolate (milka 100gr).
    But unfortunatelly you realise you didn't take enough money with you to buy it, but you have money to buy another one, smaller and cheaper.
    You will buy the cheaper one even if it isn't the one you want. for a short while your blood sugar will rise and you will feel ok, until next time, but maybe then you can buy your desire chocolate, you can't have enough of it.

    Conclusion:
    - not having kaname around, yuuki was satisfied with the other alternative for her hunger. yuuki took just a bit from zero's blood, enough to feel ok and do her job as kuran.



    Cool analogy ! sFun_hailbig

    As so many months passed without Yuuki drinking any blood . And no tolerating blood tablets . She has to be desperate for drinking the real thing . The blood of a loved one is better for this . Yuuki even considered drinking from Yori ( a loved one , but no romantically ) . So if you loved chocolate . Craves for one so much . Don't ate any for 3 - 4 months . Even if your favorite is Godiva , a Hersheys bar would be good for killing the craving .

    Howl4fun
    Common Vampire
    Common Vampire

    Posts : 229
    Join date : 2011-02-24
    Warning Zone

    Re: Yuki's relationship with Zero (chapter 73-74)

    Post by Howl4fun on Sat Jul 23, 2011 6:35 pm

    Um... sorry but a yume making a thread on a site where mostly yumes are asking if there is love or friendship in zeki seems kinda... well, I don't know. It's pretty clear what most answers will be XD Well, I'll save myself alot of trouble by staying out of this. Maybe you're right and there's only friendship in zeki, huh? We'll see Smile

    sweetsolace
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

    Posts : 1047
    Join date : 2011-02-24
    Humor : look in the mirror, you'll love it~ ;)
    Warning Zone

    Re: Yuki's relationship with Zero (chapter 73-74)

    Post by sweetsolace on Sat Jul 23, 2011 7:14 pm

    Howl4fun wrote:Um... sorry but a yume making a thread on a site where mostly yumes are asking if there is love or friendship in zeki seems kinda... well, I don't know. It's pretty clear what most answers will be XD Well, I'll save myself alot of trouble by staying out of this. Maybe you're right and there's only friendship in zeki, huh? We'll see Smile

    >_> it would make no difference even if I opened the thread in a ZEKI populated site. But if you're bothered by the number of YUME opinions against yours you can always invite ZEKI to participate. Smile The thread is still up for discussion from both sides.


    Last edited by sweetsolace on Sat Jul 23, 2011 7:30 pm; edited 1 time in total

    Howl4fun
    Common Vampire
    Common Vampire

    Posts : 229
    Join date : 2011-02-24
    Warning Zone

    Re: Yuki's relationship with Zero (chapter 73-74)

    Post by Howl4fun on Sat Jul 23, 2011 7:29 pm

    sweetsolace wrote:
    Howl4fun wrote:Um... sorry but a yume making a thread on a site where mostly yumes are asking if there is love or friendship in zeki seems kinda... well, I don't know. It's pretty clear what most answers will be XD Well, I'll save myself alot of trouble by staying out of this. Maybe you're right and there's only friendship in zeki, huh? We'll see Smile

    >_> it would make no difference even if I opened a thread in MF where its populated by zekis. The thread is still up for discussion from both sides.

    Lol, guess you're right XD I always felt MF was pretty evened out though, not counting the polls, but w/e. I prefer discussing there as moderators are stricter and no fandom can say anything rude about the other without being banned (well, most of the time) so everyone (me included) are nicer towards one another. Saying why I believe in zeki here... from what I can predict of replies I'd rather not. It'll become a shipping war one way or the other. After 4 years I'm pretty experienced at that now, lol. People may have fun with this thread either way though, I just personally feel no urge to dive into it again.

    sweetsolace
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

    Posts : 1047
    Join date : 2011-02-24
    Humor : look in the mirror, you'll love it~ ;)
    Warning Zone

    Re: Yuki's relationship with Zero (chapter 73-74)

    Post by sweetsolace on Sat Jul 23, 2011 7:52 pm

    Howl4fun wrote:
    sweetsolace wrote:
    Howl4fun wrote:Um... sorry but a yume making a thread on a site where mostly yumes are asking if there is love or friendship in zeki seems kinda... well, I don't know. It's pretty clear what most answers will be XD Well, I'll save myself alot of trouble by staying out of this. Maybe you're right and there's only friendship in zeki, huh? We'll see Smile

    >_> it would make no difference even if I opened a thread in MF where its populated by zekis. The thread is still up for discussion from both sides.

    Lol, guess you're right XD I always felt MF was pretty evened out though, not counting the polls, but w/e. I'd rather discuss there as moderators are stricter and no fandom can say anything rude about the other without being banned (well, most of the time). Saying why I believe in zeki here... from what I can predict of replies I'd rather not. It'll become a shipping war one way or the other. I'm pretty experienced at that now, lol. I hope people will have fun with this thread either way though, but count me out.Razz

    no one actually stops one from choosing which forum to discuss. Razz personally you're the one who's replying here, not the forum xD
    Though I can guess why you're more comfortable discussing there with ZEKI to back you up when you get too tired to reply, while here I can imagine we just tire you more often that not. Razz sorry you don't feel too welcomed here Razz


    Last edited by sweetsolace on Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:05 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : delet)

    Howl4fun
    Common Vampire
    Common Vampire

    Posts : 229
    Join date : 2011-02-24
    Warning Zone

    Re: Yuki's relationship with Zero (chapter 73-74)

    Post by Howl4fun on Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:39 pm

    sweetsolace wrote:
    Howl4fun wrote:
    sweetsolace wrote:

    >_> it would make no difference even if I opened a thread in MF where its populated by zekis. The thread is still up for discussion from both sides.

    Lol, guess you're right XD I always felt MF was pretty evened out though, not counting the polls, but w/e. I'd rather discuss there as moderators are stricter and no fandom can say anything rude about the other without being banned (well, most of the time). Saying why I believe in zeki here... from what I can predict of replies I'd rather not. It'll become a shipping war one way or the other. I'm pretty experienced at that now, lol. I hope people will have fun with this thread either way though, but count me out.Razz

    no one actually stops one from choosing which forum to discuss. Razz
    Though I can guess why you're more comfortable discussing there along with your ZEKI buddies to back you up anytime you get too tired to reply while here I can imagine we just tire you more often that not. Razz I guess you feel you can't freely discuss here for some reason I will never understand sorry you don't feel too welcomed , I suppose its because there are few ZEKI fans to join you in debates. Probably you're the type who's secure with numbers.

    LOL and there you go. Behaving nice didn't take long. My point was I wouldn't get into more LT discussion because, yeah I'm tired like you said XD And just like I will probably have alot of yumes against me here you will have alot of them backing you up... isn't that a bit contradictory on your point?And... what would be the reason you post more here than of MF I wonder? tsk tsk.

    I'd be very glad if we could end an argument before it turns nasty between us again. It's getting SO old. I'd think you feel the same.

    Bloodredhead
    Pureblood Vampire
    Pureblood Vampire

    Posts : 465
    Join date : 2011-06-05
    Location : UK
    Warning Zone

    Re: Yuki's relationship with Zero (chapter 73-74)

    Post by Bloodredhead on Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:45 pm

    Howl4fun wrote:And... what would be the reason you post more here than of MF I wonder?

    well MF isnt exactly the friendliest of places to discuss.

    anyway back on topic, zero and yuuki were very buisness like in the bite scene. not really much emotion in it i could see. they seem to have afterwards been more friendly with each other but nothing indicated romance in my opinion.

    nina
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

    Posts : 2796
    Join date : 2010-05-17
    Location : My world lalala Kanameland <3
    Humor : Black sarcasm
    Warning Zone

    Re: Yuki's relationship with Zero (chapter 73-74)

    Post by nina on Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:54 pm

    Howl4fun wrote:
    sweetsolace wrote:
    Howl4fun wrote:Um... sorry but a yume making a thread on a site where mostly yumes are asking if there is love or friendship in zeki seems kinda... well, I don't know. It's pretty clear what most answers will be XD Well, I'll save myself alot of trouble by staying out of this. Maybe you're right and there's only friendship in zeki, huh? We'll see Smile

    >_> it would make no difference even if I opened a thread in MF where its populated by zekis. The thread is still up for discussion from both sides.

    Lol, guess you're right XD I always felt MF was pretty evened out though, not counting the polls, but w/e. I prefer discussing there as moderators are stricter and no fandom can say anything rude about the other without being banned (well, most of the time) so everyone (me included) are nicer towards one another. Saying why I believe in zeki here... from what I can predict of replies I'd rather not. It'll become a shipping war one way or the other. After 4 years I'm pretty experienced at that now, lol. People may have fun with this thread either way though, I just personally feel no urge to dive into it again.


    Then what are you doing here? scratch
    What you are doing right now is nasty and pretty lame … and if you don’t like it here, no one will keep you with force … but we will not allow you badmouthing this place ...

    Ps. I don’t want to characterize other forum, but we are all well aware, of your favourable place so please don’t underestimate are intelligence …





    "... I want to fall down with you to the very farthest depths ... taint me too Kaname"



    Spoiler:

    *wants to sneak under these bed sheets*

    Howl4fun
    Common Vampire
    Common Vampire

    Posts : 229
    Join date : 2011-02-24
    Warning Zone

    Re: Yuki's relationship with Zero (chapter 73-74)

    Post by Howl4fun on Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:56 pm

    Then what are you doing here? scratch
    What you are doing right now is nasty and pretty lame … and if you don’t like it here, no one will keep you with force … but we will not allow you badmouthing this place ...

    Ps. I don’t want to characterize other forum, but we are all well aware, of your favourable place so please don’t underestimate are intelligence …

    Don't worry. If sweet have nothing more to say to me I'll stay out. Sorry if I offended.

    aya-chan
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

    Posts : 1154
    Join date : 2011-03-03
    Location : here
    Humor : oiseaux de se ressemble s'assemble
    Warning Zone

    Re: Yuki's relationship with Zero (chapter 73-74)

    Post by aya-chan on Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:39 pm

    nina wrote:Then what are you doing here? scratch
    What you are doing right now is nasty and pretty lame … and if you don’t like it here, no one will keep you with force … but we will not allow you badmouthing this place ...

    Ps. I don’t want to characterize other forum, but we are all well aware, of your favourable place so please don’t underestimate are intelligence …

    You have right. no one was forced to join a forum and no one force someone to post a comment.
    When I don't want to discuss a topic I don't post at all. I let others to enjoy their debate.
    I like this forum. Compared with others this is peacefully.

    Knightmare
    Common Vampire
    Common Vampire

    Posts : 228
    Join date : 2011-04-30
    Humor : Satirical
    Warning Zone

    Re: Yuki's relationship with Zero (chapter 73-74)

    Post by Knightmare on Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:52 pm

    One true friendship pairing. <3

    Well, I stated before I think all relationships need friendship to last.

    And I have to say its a brilliant thing that everyone thinks Zero and Yuuki can be friends, because not so long ago everyone was consumed by the argument that Zero hated Yuuki and that he'd never accept her as a pureblood vampire.

    So, anyway, yes, friendship and romance. Yuuki clearly wasn't put off by Zero kissing her and he's in her heart, so there's no limitation on romance with this friendship that Yuuki will only go on the path to be "just friends". She is open to more.

    I do think their relationship is dominated by friendship, but I see that as leading to more because the focus in the importance of their attachment to the other. Not to mention all the angst they have about it.

    aya-chan wrote:
    Agree. I always saw their relationship just friendship. I know zero love/loved her but yuuki always saw him like a brother - zero is like a brother to me.
    She didn't have an instinctual answer, she would have found it easier to answer if she *only* thought of him like a brother and nothing more, Yuuki was trying to understand what Zero was to her, that wasn't a "but" answer. The closest to a conclusion she came to was that Zero is important to her.

    http://www.mangareader.net/104-2143-32/vampire-knight/chapter-25.html
    The implications of her response here is that she is overthinking things when Zero denies it had any meaning. If she only wanted to box him in as a brother to her, it'd be easy to dismiss because there was no need to think about it.


    not having kaname around, yuuki was satisfied with the other alternative for her hunger. yuuki took just a bit from zero's blood, enough to feel ok and do her job as kuran.
    She clearly desires Zero's blood for itself, or she never would have claimed she couldn't have be satisfied without his blood. the reason she regrets that Kaname is not there in ch73, is specifically because he is the one she's *allowed* to drink from, she doesn't specifically desire his blood. you're free to claim it, but thats not absolute in the text, it's only clear that she wants blood and she can't have it. There is no confirmation of whose blood she would prefer.

    juliet
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

    Posts : 4999
    Join date : 2010-05-05
    Location : Deep, deep forest
    Humor : Anytime...
    Warning Zone

    Re: Yuki's relationship with Zero (chapter 73-74)

    Post by juliet on Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:26 am

    sweetsolace wrote:what do you think?

    Based on chapter 73-74 revelations, is it friendship or romance?

    For me its always been friendship between them and this chapter just clarified it.
    There was nothing strong enough to indicate romance between them as it was not mutual and Zero's the only one who loves Yuki.

    Its interesting to see which facts from the manga lead to the conclusion that this is friendhsip. It would be also interesting to see why so many Yumes support the friendship theory. Zeki Vs Yume has always been the clear love/passioned stated againts the ambiguish ZEki scene that actually leaves space for debate.


    That's a point> Zeki does leave space for questioning/ Yume does not.
    When we are heading for a resolution therefore is far easier to see Zeki following a friendship fate than Yume. Unfortunately I do not have the time now but later I will post some things to compare. Nice thread Very Happy

    @Howl about preferences you are free to act and post as you like, we promise not to ask you WHY you post in MF. We understand this is a free world Razz






    I' ll show you a sweet dream next time

    Kanamelover<3
    Common Vampire
    Common Vampire

    Posts : 204
    Join date : 2011-03-24
    Location : London
    Warning Zone

    Re: Yuki's relationship with Zero (chapter 73-74)

    Post by Kanamelover<3 on Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:34 am

    I think it is friendship, I feel like this Manga will have a Yume ending Very Happy

    But, in my opinion I think the anime is very Zeki biased :/
    So if they did make a 3rd season, it might have a Zeki end :/

    Howl4fun
    Common Vampire
    Common Vampire

    Posts : 229
    Join date : 2011-02-24
    Warning Zone

    Re: Yuki's relationship with Zero (chapter 73-74)

    Post by Howl4fun on Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:03 pm

    @Howl about preferences you are free to act and post as you like, we promise not to ask you WHY you post in MF. We understand this is a free world Razz

    Hmm, I said I wouldn't respond but this confused me. Yumes see MF as a zeki place? O.o I've been in far more discussions with yumes there than I've been here, lol, but if you say so. We all have our preferenced sites. Razz

    juliet
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

    Posts : 4999
    Join date : 2010-05-05
    Location : Deep, deep forest
    Humor : Anytime...
    Warning Zone

    Re: Yuki's relationship with Zero (chapter 73-74)

    Post by juliet on Sun Jul 24, 2011 8:03 pm

    Howl4fun wrote:
    @Howl about preferences you are free to act and post as you like, we promise not to ask you WHY you post in MF. We understand this is a free world Razz

    Hmm, I said I wouldn't respond but this confused me. Yumes see MF as a zeki place? O.o I've been in far more discussions with yumes there than I've been here, lol, but if you say so. We all have our preferenced sites. Razz

    Its okay, let me clear the confusion; you are the one going around asking

    sorry but a yume making a thread on a site where mostly yumes are asking if there is love or friendship in zeki seems kinda... well, I don't know.

    So my answer is that since you like MF... because YOU state it that You like it;

    Lol, guess you're right XD I always felt MF was pretty evened out though, not counting the polls, but w/e. I prefer discussing there as moderators are stricter and no fandom can say anything rude about the other without being banned (well, most of the time) so everyone (me included) are nicer towards one another. Saying why I believe in zeki here... from what I can predict of replies I'd rather not.

    Go on and make your posts/threads there, personally I don't care if its MF, VF, OF, if it has Yumes, Zekis or Sharks or whatever..., If you had stated that you like posting at America's Greatest Idol, I would tell you to go and post there.

    I hope that my answer solves your confusion about Zekis and Yumes/apparently no one will ask you what you post where, that's the meaning.

    _____________________________________________________________________

    So the question here is why do Yumes perceive Zeki as a friendship?

    How is the Triangle presented to our eyes...?

    Is first of all Yuuki in love for Zero?

    The answer is No...yet she had always been by his side through the toughest time…
    Spoiler:
    She is even determined to aid him in every possible way
    Spoiler:
    She recalls the past being always there at his aid
    Spoiler:
    She gives him strength in a cheerful way
    Spoiler:
    She wants to offer herself to Shizuka in order to save him
    Spoiler:
    She encouranges him to take more blood of her
    Spoiler:
    And far more…
    Her actions to save him make even Zero wonder
    Spoiler:
    And bend Zero’s resistances
    Spoiler:
    Does that equal love in a romantic view? We could say that, if there was not love in romantic view pictured as such;
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    So we understand that all actions are driven by Yuuki’s will to aid her childhood friend and save him from death. When it comes to romantic love…however…
    Yuuki clearly states who she really loves (no room for doubt)
    Spoiler:
    She confesses to Zero her real intentions for helping him..
    Spoiler:
    And to Kaname her real love feelings…
    So is the romantic love for Kaname contradicting her love (non romantic for Zero?)
    Spoiler:
    But that’s all the way she was acting with him even as kids (see scans above)…
    Even after the revelation that she is a vampire and after Zero’s rejection with the gun pointed at the door, Yuuki still runs to her side trying to be his ally…
    Her friendship feelings
    Spoiler:
    Her love feelings
    Spoiler:
    Her friendship feelings
    Spoiler:
    Her love feelings
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Here Yuuki says that she will hide that part of her that wants to scream and hide
    Spoiler:
    But according to the above statements (the current feelings that she is experiencing, these part can only be considered in the friend’s way)
    One year after is that part that she keeps hidden that creates her problems? Yuuki still cares about Zero BUT she always did care…then this part (according to my HPOV) creates her greater problems than expected due to the separation, is not the crazy love, is not the suppressed love, its not the erotic feelings is the broken attachment with her past and also her human origins…
    Love feelings for Kaname clearly stated again
    Spoiler:
    In these lines there is so much desire (that reminds me of where I’ve seen it elsewhere stated..ah here…
    Spoiler:
    In the previous chapter we just saw Yuuki saying that even if Kaname had not asked her, she still would not take anyone else’s blood, yet to due her great hunger she has to change that fact…
    Where are the feelings when receiving Zero’s blood?
    She says that she never intended to take his blood, yet her fangs grew (meaning for me that she is a fully matured vampire now)…
    She looks content due to the reconciliation, she gives him courage like she always did and at the scans above. So there is certainly the feeling there that she wants to restore their relationship starting again from new (she is a vampire now and he must start trusting her again). But are again this scene capable to be compared or even replace the love Yume scenes where Yuuki expresses openly her passion and her desire for Kaname?
    Or is it a rehearsal of what we are used to see…Yuuki aiding Zero, Zero supporting Yuuki, the old friendship recipe that candles again in contrast to the classic love Yume scenes that when they come (now they are missing thus Kaname is not here) are overshadowing Zeki in the meaning of romantic love, so we can eventually have the comparison of what is love and what is friendship?
    Just some things to consider...









    I' ll show you a sweet dream next time

    Howl4fun
    Common Vampire
    Common Vampire

    Posts : 229
    Join date : 2011-02-24
    Warning Zone

    Re: Yuki's relationship with Zero (chapter 73-74)

    Post by Howl4fun on Sun Jul 24, 2011 8:39 pm

    I hope that my answer solves your confusion about Zekis and Yumes/apparently no one will ask you what you post where, that's the meaning.

    Okay, I was clearly dense here as I didn't think my comment would be taken this way. I wasn't trying to be rude and I apologize.

    I guess I can make a comment then, even if it's things I've said before which was one of the reasons I didn't feel like pointing them out again. I believe there's love in zeki due to alot of things, one being the narrative view of them. She's a pureblood princess, he's the future hunter president. The two sides have always been in turmoil with each other. Putting an end/near end to this using these two representing the two sides makes alot of sense IMO. Of course, they don't have to be lovers to do this, but making them so would make it a whole lot more interesting. IMO. As for why I see love, well, that depends whether you saw their friendship as merely friendship, or hinting of developing more, which I'd assume is the reason it's dragging right now as these feelings are left ambigious. I don't mind people saying they don't think it's love however, I don't say for sure there is, it's what I think. It's when people say the ship is "non existing" or "impossible", that I get a "wtf" reaction, pretty much like you do when people say "yume is wrong because they're incest" and stuff like that. I used to like yume and zeki equally during the first arc, yume because I was intriguied of the forbidden love they had going on, and zeki because of how sweet friends they were and how much they cared and fought for one another, with the occasional intimate moment here and there. When it was revealed that it was "totally okay" for yume to be together, that's what made my interest for them fade, and zeki with the birth of their forbidden love/relationship and enemyship plus suppressing of their feelings kept it and became stronger.

    I don't know if this is off topic given the question is if you think there's love "after 74", but I figured to explain why I say yes I would point this out. Juliet had a pretty long post with moments from all over the manga too so I just jumped the wagon. I don't wish to go into spesific moments however as I know our opinions are so different, what zeki moment I see as hinting of romance most yumes will say does not. So I'll leave it like this.

    Hope people didn't take anything I said here as rude.

    nina
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

    Posts : 2796
    Join date : 2010-05-17
    Location : My world lalala Kanameland <3
    Humor : Black sarcasm
    Warning Zone

    Re: Yuki's relationship with Zero (chapter 73-74)

    Post by nina on Sun Jul 24, 2011 8:45 pm

    Am I the only one who can't see Juliet's scans in the spoilers?





    "... I want to fall down with you to the very farthest depths ... taint me too Kaname"



    Spoiler:

    *wants to sneak under these bed sheets*

    sweetsolace
    Vampire Knight
    Vampire Knight

    Posts : 1047
    Join date : 2011-02-24
    Humor : look in the mirror, you'll love it~ ;)
    Warning Zone

    Re: Yuki's relationship with Zero (chapter 73-74)

    Post by sweetsolace on Sun Jul 24, 2011 8:57 pm

    Howl4fun wrote:
    sweetsolace wrote:
    Howl4fun wrote:

    Lol, guess you're right XD I always felt MF was pretty evened out though, not counting the polls, but w/e. I'd rather discuss there as moderators are stricter and no fandom can say anything rude about the other without being banned (well, most of the time). Saying why I believe in zeki here... from what I can predict of replies I'd rather not. It'll become a shipping war one way or the other. I'm pretty experienced at that now, lol. I hope people will have fun with this thread either way though, but count me out.Razz

    no one actually stops one from choosing which forum to discuss. Razz
    Though I can guess why you're more comfortable discussing there along with your ZEKI buddies to back you up anytime you get too tired to reply while here I can imagine we just tire you more often that not. Razz I guess you feel you can't freely discuss here for some reason I will never understand sorry you don't feel too welcomed , I suppose its because there are few ZEKI fans to join you in debates. Probably you're the type who's secure with numbers.

    LOL and there you go. Behaving nice didn't take long. My point was I wouldn't get into more LT discussion because, yeah I'm tired like you said XD And just like I will probably have alot of yumes against me here you will have alot of them backing you up... isn't that a bit contradictory on your point?

    I doubt it has anything to do with being nice, clearly we are both being personal here. Razz if that's all you wanted to say, that you don't like getting into LT discussions, then why not just say only that, or better yet say nothing at all bounce the comparisons with MF and this forum were unnecessary, or saying you like it better there. bounce

    And... what would be the reason you post more here than of MF I wonder? tsk tsk.
    of course not the same reason as yours. Razz I love this place, its more peaceful in my terms. The discussion flows more smoothly and the opinions vary even from the same fandom.

    I'd be very glad if we could end an argument before it turns nasty between us again. It's getting SO old. I'd think you feel the same.
    I agree but since you're the one who started it and replied I'm just answering you. Razz

    juliet wrote:
    So the question here is why do Yumes perceive Zeki as a friendship?

    How is the Triangle presented to our eyes...?

    Is first of all Yuuki in love for Zero?

    The answer is No...yet she had always been by his side through the toughest time…
    Spoiler:
    She is even determined to aid him in every possible way
    Spoiler:
    She recalls the past being always there at his aid
    Spoiler:
    She gives him strength in a cheerful way
    Spoiler:
    She wants to offer herself to Shizuka in order to save him
    Spoiler:
    She encouranges him to take more blood of her
    Spoiler:
    And far more…
    Her actions to save him make even Zero wonder
    Spoiler:
    And bend Zero’s resistances
    Spoiler:
    Does that equal love in a romantic view? We could say that, if there was not love in romantic view pictured as such;
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    So we understand that all actions are driven by Yuuki’s will to aid her childhood friend and save him from death. When it comes to romantic love…however…
    Yuuki clearly states who she really loves (no room for doubt)
    Spoiler:
    She confesses to Zero her real intentions for helping him..
    Spoiler:
    And to Kaname her real love feelings…
    So is the romantic love for Kaname contradicting her love (non romantic for Zero?)
    Spoiler:
    But that’s all the way she was acting with him even as kids (see scans above)…
    Even after the revelation that she is a vampire and after Zero’s rejection with the gun pointed at the door, Yuuki still runs to her side trying to be his ally…
    Her friendship feelings
    Spoiler:
    Her love feelings
    Spoiler:
    Her friendship feelings
    Spoiler:
    Her love feelings
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Here Yuuki says that she will hide that part of her that wants to scream and hide
    Spoiler:
    But according to the above statements (the current feelings that she is experiencing, these part can only be considered in the friend’s way)
    One year after is that part that she keeps hidden that creates her problems? Yuuki still cares about Zero BUT she always did care…then this part (according to my HPOV) creates her greater problems than expected due to the separation, is not the crazy love, is not the suppressed love, its not the erotic feelings is the broken attachment with her past and also her human origins…
    Love feelings for Kaname clearly stated again
    Spoiler:
    In these lines there is so much desire (that reminds me of where I’ve seen it elsewhere stated..ah here…
    Spoiler:
    In the previous chapter we just saw Yuuki saying that even if Kaname had not asked her, she still would not take anyone else’s blood, yet to due her great hunger she has to change that fact…
    Where are the feelings when receiving Zero’s blood?
    She says that she never intended to take his blood, yet her fangs grew (meaning for me that she is a fully matured vampire now)…
    She looks content due to the reconciliation, she gives him courage like she always did and at the scans above. So there is certainly the feeling there that she wants to restore their relationship starting again from new (she is a vampire now and he must start trusting her again). But are again this scene capable to be compared or even replace the love Yume scenes where Yuuki expresses openly her passion and her desire for Kaname?
    Or is it a rehearsal of what we are used to see…Yuuki aiding Zero, Zero supporting Yuuki, the old friendship recipe that candles again in contrast to the classic love Yume scenes that when they come (now they are missing thus Kaname is not here) are overshadowing Zeki in the meaning of romantic love, so we can eventually have the comparison of what is love and what is friendship?
    Just some things to consider...

    completely agree, and thanks for the scan references, they are helpful cheers cheers as a YUME I find all this true for me. Yuki wanting to start her relationship afresh with Zero means she wants it to be the same way as it was when they were friends, if she had realized she loved him after they left she should have wanted something else out of both of them, such as making Zero realize she loves him back, but not a start over. Yuki's not showing signs she wants to tell him anything, except the fact she wants it to be the same again.

    @nina, maybe you have to wait until all the pages have loaded? I can see the scans over here..

    Sponsored content

    Re: Yuki's relationship with Zero (chapter 73-74)

    Post by Sponsored content Today at 9:37 am


      Current date/time is Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:37 am